Speaker 1: Scrubbing In with Italy and Tanya Rad and iHeartRadio and two time People's Choice Award winning podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, we are scrubbing in. You heard that right, Tanya Rad is back from Italy. She's tan.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, oh we're good.
Speaker 2: Oh she's tan. I am. She's a tan line, an actual natural tama that.
Speaker 3: Is not fake tan, that is real sun kiss. Wow, thank you. I don't think I've had a real tam line since I was like fifteen. Welcome back, Thank you so much. Happy to be.
Speaker 2: I feel like you're a college era self would have had some tan line. She was pretty wild and reckless, she was. She was in the tanning bed. Yeah right, yeah, quite often. You had a playboy bunny little.
Speaker 3: Yes, I have the little hearts on my crotch area.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gry days. Someone someone might say, how are you feeling well? Are you jetlagged?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I feel like absolute garbage right now. Okay, but we're here, we're scrubbing and we're living.
Speaker 2: Honestly, but I was gonna say, it felt so good to see you living.
Speaker 3: I don't even think I realized like how dark of a place I was in until I was like on a vacation. Yeah, I'm gonna like cry.
Speaker 2: No, I feel you need a release because it really you could. I felt it through the screen on my phone. Really. Yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think I realized it until I was like there, and I'm just so happy and so thankful that we like went and we did it and we like did it and made it happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, because like a week before you were leaving, you didn't even know where you were going.
Speaker 3: Because I also, like I had I just it's so hard to plan because I hadn't gotten my period, and I just I didn't know. And then I got my period and I was like literally, when I tell you, I was on so much progesterone that I was like psychotic between my birthday and and then before I left for this trip, like I was so dark, and we were just like let's go. We literally planned in four days. Shout out to Cinemascal because we booked. I don't even know how we did it, but we did. And it was honestly, I want to say, it was like life changing. Like I feel like I'm a different person now than I was like ten days ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looked amazing. Yeah, Well what where Okay? For where did you go?
Speaker 3: So we went to Capri cap not Capri, It's Kapi.
Speaker 2: Okay, we can I think we're just dumb Americans again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I say Capri, but and we say there the whole time. And we had seven days. So we left on a Saturday, came back on a Saturday, and we I ate croissants for breakfasts, I ate pasta for lunch, I ate pizza for dinner. I had gelato for dessert. I drank spritzes every day all day. I was just like living.
Speaker 2: See to me, that's tender Tanya.
Speaker 3: Doing all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really yeah, because you're just eating and doing what you want. You're not overthinking anything.
Speaker 3: No, But that's what I don't think I realized is like, for the last at least twelve maybe eleven months, I have been so focused on everything that I eat, keeping my feet warm, taking my pills, eating specifically for like the two week wait, counting my this, counting my that. Like I've been so preoccupied with all of it that I just haven't really been like living my life in the present, which is likes so crazy, right, But also I don't regret doing that because I'm like it's something that I want so much, So why wouldn't I give it my own? And like, hm hmm, that's just the type of person that I am. But I think what I realized being like on vacation and just like taking a step back from it is I feel like these two things can exist at the same time. Like I can still want something really bad and try the best that I can, but also still like live my life and be in the present.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think that I haven't been right. Yeah, Well I'm glad. I mean, I'm glad this trip gave you that perspective. Yeah, because it's I think it's easy to see someone it's hard to realize it when you're in it, but as your friend watching, you know, I could tell I was like she needed this just like release, yeah, of not having to overthink everything she was doing and just being able to go and be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like if I wasn't in the like I would have been so stressed out about my circadian rhythm being like off and like do you know what I mean, Like every little thing it's it's it's so it's such a mental like it really truly is, because it's like you're living your life, but you're so preoccupied with something else going on in the background and you don't realize it until it just like smacks you in the face.
Speaker 2: So what y'all do aside from eating carbs?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we played a lot of cards. I swam every single day, Like I swam like a mermaid, Like I was like one with the sea. Yeah, And we played cards every day. We walked around a ton. We we did like a boat day so we could just like go and explore and like see things.
Speaker 2: What was your favorite thing that y'all did.
Speaker 3: I feel like the food. I just feel like the food was like so nice and just like the quality time too, you know what I mean, Like it was just us. I felt like we haven't been that care free and like I don't know, I just I feel like I'm also just like more in love with him too. Like I had some deep conversations with him over the trip. I was like, I think if he wasn't my partner, I think I could have gone on like a really really deep dark path after January. Yeah, And I feel like because he is the way that he is like made me not go down that dark path. And I'm just like so grateful to have a partner that like has a happy go lucky spirit about him, because I think if he was like me, it would have been really bad for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think it's a true testament of who you choose as your partner, who you go through. I mean this is the you know, in sickness and in health, and not that you're sick, but I'm saying, like, you know, the hard times, the highs, the lows, all the things. How the person that you're choosing is going to show up for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But it was like so cute. We met this couple out to dinner that they'd been married for like forty plus years and her husband had two boys when they got married of six boys total.
Speaker 2: Now, oh my god.
Speaker 3: We like went through and got like their whole history and their whole story, and like I changed phone numbers with her and she's like coming to l A in a couple of months.
Speaker 2: Where were they from?
Speaker 3: New York? Oh?
Speaker 2: Fun?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And like we just like met a lot of like really interesting, fun people and yeah, it.
Speaker 2: Was just did Robbie like having someone cook for him? Did you get to enjoy just like eating food?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It was cute because he's like, I'll learn how to make that I make that for you when we get home, Like okay, but.
Speaker 2: I know, I feel like I'm we're gonna see a lot of Italy inspired dishes coming up. Ye yeah, yeah, no, I'm I'm just so happy I'll got to go and have a trip like that and just you know.
Speaker 3: V D and I think, like I'm such like a like in my mind, I was like, let's just do something that's super easy, one quick flight, something easy that we know, and Robbie was like, no, like let's like do it. Let's really like do it. And I'm so glad that he pushed me to do it because even though it was a treck, like we figured out how to like do it all on our points and like I don't know, like we we just did it. Yeah, I'm so glad.
Speaker 2: That we did. Yeah. So that's like a lesson.
Speaker 3: It is a lesson.
Speaker 2: Well, there's times where sometimes doing something that's comfortable is maybe the best choice if you don't have capacity. But it's like you won't regret doing something. I mean, especially when it involves Italy, you won't regret it.
Speaker 3: I've never been I've never been to Italy. This is like my first time and so.
Speaker 2: It's never been I've been to Italy like in the winter. I've never been in the summer. It looked amazing.
Speaker 3: It's just chal it's like just so and everybody's like so kind.
Speaker 2: So where are you at now? Coming back?
Speaker 3: Well, I definitely feel like weird. I just feel like jet lagged and like luki yah. Yeah, but I feel like I need to just live my life a little bit more. So I'm gonna try and like meet in the middle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Is there a world where you're just living and having sex with your husband and not overthinking about it?
Speaker 3: You know. It's just like something that society does as a woman as you get older. They just like make you feel like you're running out of time and they just like show you these statistics and so like me, I'm such like a person that takes on those statistics that I like really truly like I hold on to them and and so it's like it's this fear based thing, you know what I mean. And so I'm like, well, I don't want to regret not doing all the things. You know. It's just like this weird balance.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think there's so much information out there and I always go back to like our parents and how there was none of this information. It was very just you had sex when you thought you were gonna have sex, and then you'd get pregnant and they were smoking SIGs doing all the things, you know. And I think now, especially with social media, you're inundated with so much information and if you're someone like you who like read something and then that's facts to you.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's really hard to you can't even I don't even want you to know how many times how many Instagram things I've sent Robbie about like things that he should be eating, and like he's like, if you send me one more Instagram post about uh, not putting a laptop on my lap, I'll freak out.
Speaker 2: He's like, I know, Like, Okay, God bless that man. Truly. Yeah, we Ali came in and filled in for you while you were gone, and we had a really good conversation about her journey of getting pregnant and pregnancy and then you know, postpartum and all that. And it was the same kind of thing of her postpartum journey was there was a lot of trying to have control over something and like making sure she was doing everything right, and that was kind of part of the spiral. And so I think it is kind of being able to separate social media and not getting obsessive about seeing those things and not taking them in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you're like, you see these things, so you're like, why would I not want to give myself the best odds?
Speaker 2: But every chance so different? Like to think about the different bodies and how all of our bodies work so differently, and how some people can process gluten and some people can some people can have dairy.
Speaker 3: I have friends that are thirty eight and got pregnant right away, you know, and like they say it like after thirty five, it really goes down, and like you know what I mean, I take all that stuff and I really like take it in right. But the other thing that I've also like learned so much throughout this process is like your brain and your ovaries are like in direct communication. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean they say if you're stressed or you're not your bodies your body's not gonna want to house yeah and grow a child when it's in a state of fight or flight.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So maybe it's like getting the brick and just not doom scrolling, separating yourself from seeing too much information yeah, tough. Did you say off social media when you were like, did you find your self not on as much?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I wasn't on. I was posting a lot, but I wasn't like engaging and scrolling. Yeah no, and it wasn't really scrolling.
Speaker 2: I do think it makes a difference.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so your mindset, it does, because my mindset was on fuego yeah week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you got to keep that energy.
Speaker 3: You gotta keep that cup pri cupri entered.
Speaker 2: Hop pre hot, pretty hop pretty energy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do have in la I do.
Speaker 2: I know. So I'm proud of you for going and doing something new and letting yourself just live your life.
Speaker 3: And on our way home, we had these two girls on our flight that were like big fans of my book, which is something I don't get every most often, and it was so crazy because it was such a reminder. She's in her late thirties and she's like, I always like, I read your book and it makes me like realize, like it's coming for me. You have this amazing man. She like met Robbie and she's like the sunshine mine, the sunshine mine, And I was like, I have let that sunshine mind.
Speaker 2: She's been behind some clouds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she been cloudy. She has been cloudy, And it was almost like this really refreshing way to like end our trip with like that reminder. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh yeah, I literally felt like seeing your post the one it was like some things that made me happy or something. I felt like joy for me, which you're very like you're demean you're very sunshiny, but there you have been more like down and like over, you know, thinking so much about this journey, and so it was so great to even see that through photos of just like that spirit, your spirit, you know, and even though there's clouds, the sun always comes through.
Speaker 3: It does.
Speaker 2: So I'm glad you had that reminder.
Speaker 3: I did. You also had some travels.
Speaker 2: I was in some sun as well, which we could talk about when we come back. What a free we're back back. Yeah, So I also went to some sunshine. This last week I went to surprise Jojo and she lives in Puerto Rico, and I was going to go the week before that. I went, and then basically what happened is I have been wanting obviously to meet romy and see Jojo and Jordan, and it just with schedules and timing, and also I have to get on two flights to get to her, so I think wanting to make sure she was ready felt good about me coming to see the baby, was waiting for that, and then we had some things scheduled that scheduling conflicts happened. So I finally just texted Jordan and I was like, I want to come see Jojo and meet the baby. Can you help me with the scheduling? I want a surprise her. So he told me some dates that worked, and then the dates that we had, which was the week before, ended up falling through. So I moved my flight. I was just like, please, somehow, let this day a surprise. So I kept checking in with him, and I moved our conversation to Instagram because I was like, if she sees my name pop up on his phone show we don't talk. So she'd be like, why is Beckat texting you? And so he would check in and he'd be like are you all good still? And I'm like, yeah, we are you good over there? And so I flew. I left at like six am on Tuesday, and I got there I think at like seven thirty pm that same night, and it was so fun because my uber pulled up and the dog started barking, and so I was trying to tell him, like keep going past the house because I'm trying to surprise her, and there was kind of a language barrier, so I was like trying to tell him like with hand motions, and so he goes oh. So I was like, I'm surprising her, and he goes, oh, surprise. So then he pulled forward and then I brought my bags up and Jordan came and got me from around the side and he was like, she's putting Romie down. And I was like, oh no, because I didn't want her to be upset. You know, she she doesn't Romy doesn't know me, so I didn't want to wake her up, you know. So I walk in and I filmed this it's on Instagram. But I opened the door and I was like, did you need help putting the baby down? So cute, so surprised, and Romy was just didn't cry at all, just was like looking back and forth, like mom, this is this. And so we pulled off this surprise and Jordan was so great, like he helped make it happen, and it was fun not having Jojo have to plan something because I feel like when you're in postpartum and you have a baby, the last thing you want to do is try to like plan logistics to host someone to come in. So I was really grateful that he helped me and we just had the best time there. Where they live is so beautiful and it literally looks like Paradise, Paradise every day.
Speaker 3: It's parently to take my newborn baby to this like gorgeous beach and let her hear the sounds of the waves crashing and paradise.
Speaker 2: I got to go to the beach with them in the morning and we got our coffees and Romi was just so sweet and so cute and took to me immediately, like I didn't have to warm her up. She just is so easy going and sweet. And we would go to the beach. I got to spend and it was fun to just be there while Jojo was doing her routine. You know I didn't. I kept telling her, I don't need you to entertain me, like I'm just I want to help. I want to spend time with y'all, but I also don't want to mess up what.
Speaker 3: You always wake up when they woke up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I woke up early and which is three hours ahead, so it was basically like being New York time. But I was going to bed early too. Hailey was like, we could never do this this kind of long distance because it's we would just never talk because she would be asleep when I woke up, and then by the time I was going to bed, it would be early for her. So it's just kind of that awkward kind of time. But it was just so perfect and it was so great to see Jojo and like, and she's it felt so natural, like I didn't feel, you know, it's such a huge life change having a baby, but she stepped in. It felt so like, oh, this was all with ROMI was always here, like Jojo was always a mom. Really, yeah, It's so it's so cool to see and I just it's really fun, like being in the season of life. And I was just thinking about like how we met on The Bachelor and how we've been through so many different seasons of life together and it was just really special getting to be there. And then I came home and the next day was Britney's baby cashs from first birthday, so we headed over to that party. So it's just babies. Yeah, yeah, just lots of babies, lots of babies, and yeah, it was a really good trip and made me realize, like taking the effort to like show up.
Speaker 3: For people, you know, I know it probably meant so you don't. I don't even think you'll even know how much it meant to her.
Speaker 2: Well, I just think that I I've been seeing a lot of things, I think for a lot of my life, and I I can be very selfish with my time and stuff. But for a long time I would commit to things and then I would either just be like, oh I don't want to go, and then I'd cancel. And I had this moment at some point where I was like why when? And I I have so much capacity and time to show up for people, the people that have shown up for me and that I love so much? Why want and I show up for them? You know? And so I think in this time of my life, I'm just like really trying to be a good friend and like show up for people, whether it's emotionally or physically, you know. And it sucks having a friend that lives so far away, but it was the best friend. I love you? Why broke this is? Progesies are just emotions.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: You're Jeli.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is the Geedli. This is totally the Jeli. I'm off all the.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I just I think I saw this thing that was like, if you want to have a village, you have to be a villager and you can't expect people to show up when when you're needing people to show up without showing up for them. And I think it even if they don't ask, you know, JoJo's never JoJo's so independent. She's we talk on the phone or you know, here and there where we catch She's never sent.
Speaker 3: You text messages like I miss you? Do you miss me? Oh?
Speaker 2: No, no, I was like, yeah she said she misses me. No, No, she's just you know, very We just catch up when we can't, cause that's just we've never lived in the same city, so it's always been our dynamic. But it just made me realize that sometimes you just got a plane it with the husband.
Speaker 3: To Puerto Rican. Me like literally was like I.
Speaker 2: Have fomo no. Yeah, it was so beautiful.
Speaker 3: She was so cute.
Speaker 2: God, she's so cute. Yeah, she's so cute. And she's like I said, she cry. I did not hear the baby cray one time. I swear on my life, she's not crying. I mean I wasn't there like night when they were putting her down. I was in my room and stuff, but I did not hear her cry. One time. I was like, Jojo, this is crazy. Yeah, it feels not normal. She was like, you have to you would love it. You'd be such a great mom. And I'm like, I really, I do believe. I truly think that if I committed to the cause, I'd be a good mom, but the best mom. I'm also like she is. She's a sweet little angel girl. It sleeps very well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what happened? Just go to sleep.
Speaker 2: I think she'd go down at like nine or something and then she'd sleep a long time, like basically till I woke up.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was amazed.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So it was just really fun. Jordan's such a great dad. So, like, we came home, we went to the spa and we came back and he had put her in a cute little outfit and did her hair with a little clip and I was like, oh, that is so cute.
Speaker 3: I can't I know.
Speaker 2: So it was fun getting to see them in that element and just thriving, So it was great and I felt like we got a lot of you know, I think while I was there, Alley's episodes went up, and it was really special seeing people's responses to that because I think postpartum is obviously we're people are talking about it more now because I think there's bravery and not feeling alone. But it made me realize how many people, even for people who aren't going through it, like me not having kids and not being in that season of life, getting to witness it up close changed me. You know, I will never it changed how I have always thought about that season for people and how I've always perceived it because it was someone that I love so much and that I was I'm so close to and watching her go through it and navigate it. I'm so proud that she came on and spoke about it because I'm like, you're gonna help so many people. The more you talk about this, the more other people don't feel alone. So it was really cool to have that conversation. I was glad she was able to come on and have people resonate with that, which sucks. I hate that people can relate to.
Speaker 3: It, but it's all freakin crazy.
Speaker 2: But one of my favorite parts is that she sat down. And you know how when we're in the other studio trying to get the camera and lighting.
Speaker 3: Right, it's rough.
Speaker 2: We never able to do it. We never get it right. Every time one of us is like, oh my god, I look.
Speaker 3: Horm horrible, like truly never looked worse.
Speaker 2: And so the whole time she has it set up, and she posted a video because we had the videos rolling, so it captured everything, and so it's the camera's facing her. It's on selfie style like this, and so she can see how she looks. And I'm like, well, just make sure you like how you look, and if you want me to address the lighting, I can make it warmer, bright or whatever. So then she goes, no, I don't like this angle. And she was like, can I put a pillow in my lap? And I'm like, yeah, do whatever you want.
Speaker 3: Off in that room. I will. I'll give her credit where credit is due.
Speaker 2: So then I go she moves it to the side and I go, okay, just so you know this is gonna be your profile shot because you're gonna be looking at me from this angle. She's like, it's fine, oly, gorgeous, and she got flustered because we had moved it so many times. So then the video comes out and it's just full spiral and she's blaming me, and I'm like, I have.
Speaker 3: Video proof that I said it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be this angle, and so she was very flustered. But it was really really relatable, and then we got into this very deep conversation just what we do. We just laughed through it.
Speaker 3: So I do want to listen to those episodes. It's on my to do list.
Speaker 2: You should listen, give it a listen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna listen to it on on my on my flight back, but I started watching did you ever see in Perfect Women?
Speaker 2: No? Wait, what is Who's in that?
Speaker 3: It's Carrie Washington, the girl from Handmaid's.
Speaker 2: Tale, Elizabeth Moss.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the from House of Cards. Her name escapes me. Was she like the young intern in House Care?
Speaker 2: Yes? Is it good?
Speaker 3: It's so good.
Speaker 2: I didn't even hear people talk about it, really, I mean I don't have a memory of Oh.
Speaker 3: My gosh, I have a memory of people talking about it, but I never like, I was only watching Love Island in that time. Is too much TV? Now that like popularly The Night Goes. I think we need to watch show like with some substance because the brain all we've watched since June is Love Island. You have Love Island UK and Chopped Food Network.
Speaker 2: Well like Chopped as you're getting some skill sets, right.
Speaker 3: You're gonna learn like just like light Easy TV to like Fall Asleep too.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: But this show was really good, so you'd recommend it to you?
Speaker 2: Yes, wow, okay, yes, I'll check it out. I started Sterling Point, which I'm very excited about.
Speaker 3: I'm going to start that too.
Speaker 2: So far, so great. Yeah.
Speaker 3: How many episodes in are you?
Speaker 2: I'm one and a half on the second episode, okay, And it is so I love how it's written. I just feel like it's very realistic. And I saw the director, Meghan Park. I think Meghan Park maybe Parks. She directed mild Ass, which I loved that mild Ass. My old ass.
Speaker 4: First of all is Park singular. Okay, I also loved.
Speaker 1: My Old Ass.
Speaker 2: Tanya, you have to watch it. It is so that good.
Speaker 3: I don't even know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Like last year, two years ago, right around Thanksgiving because I was sick and stuck in the bedroom and I couldn't leave because I was having stampach issues. It's not a great Thanksgiving, but I watched that and it was phenomenal.
Speaker 4: I love what a great movie.
Speaker 3: She's a great she's she did this Sterling Point.
Speaker 2: So she was an actress in Secret Life of an American teenage tenager.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love that show.
Speaker 2: And so now she's a director. So she directed My Old Ass and then she directed Sterling Point. But I saw an interview with her and she she also wrote the script and it's an original. It's not based on a book or anything, which is very rare these days, you know. And she was saying how she really wanted the actors to speak how they would speak. So she she was like, here's the line. But if you say, if you think you would say it differently, say how you would say it. Because she was like, I'm a millennial, so if it's too millennial and you would say it in a gen Z way, say it like that. So you really feel that in the show. In my opinion, it doesn't feel corny. And all the cast is stunning. Everyone's so pretty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I heard Sterling Points like the new off Campus.
Speaker 2: I think it's the script acting is better than off campus. I don't better personal but I know people have very passionate feelings towards off campus. But personally, I so far I think it's better.
Speaker 3: Wow, it's on my list.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, Well I will look into Imperfect Women.
Speaker 3: It's a murder mystery murderous, yes, but it's told through the three women. They're like the main women, and it's kind of told the stories told through each of their perspectives. Uh huh, it is fantastic. I love a perspective, like the ending. Here's the thing. It was a little slow, like sometimes some episodes were like a little bit like slow, but the last scene was like amazing. So I'm like, oh, I got to see how that pays off, you know, So just cut me the last thing.
Speaker 2: I have one of the episodes you mean, Yeah, I'm like, don't make me watch the whole season, just for the.
Speaker 3: Last scene, the last scene of like every episode.
Speaker 2: Oh, I see, that's how they get you. They got me they How was your trip to Wisconsin?
Speaker 4: Thank you for Hanson, Wisconsin. Yeah it was good.
Speaker 1: It's fun to hear that accent a couple of times a year. Yeah, it was a really nice, good time. With family, nothing much to speak of. Got some sun as well. You guys noticed not like that it was hot. It was muggy. Yeah, we went to a water park. Wow, the America's largest water park.
Speaker 4: It was true.
Speaker 1: It was arc in the Wisconsin Dell's the America's largest water park. I thought about books biblically based, uh not, so it's not themed that way.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: Like the rise aren't biblical. But yeah, I guess Noah's Ark, But I didn't feel that walking around.
Speaker 3: Okay, not crosses everywhere. I thought the biggest water park was in the Mall of America.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know about it.
Speaker 2: I think that might be the biggest in the mall. Oh, yes, that's it?
Speaker 3: Yeahor is it?
Speaker 2: It was? I don't know what the weather was like in Italy, but it was so humid in Puerto Rico.
Speaker 3: It was hot. Everybody was like, how did you pack a carry on for a week trip. I'm like, I packed no clothes because it was eighty degrees at night.
Speaker 2: Your outfits are great, though. It did a great job styling yourself.
Speaker 3: Thank you. You kind of helped.
Speaker 2: But I mean I went with you to one store.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's a big house. Yes or no, that's a big help. But yeah, I was scorching. That's why I think I was in the water so much.
Speaker 2: I was just like it's a I love just jumping in the ocean like that.
Speaker 3: I haven't even submerged my body since January because I was so scared. Yea, I know I have been, I have been unwell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's healing, healing.
Speaker 3: And then I like kept having these thoughts of like all these cliffs are so big and there's all these people, all these people who have no idea who I am, no idea what I'm going through. Like some people live here, some people are just passing by. Some people are driving cabs six months of the year here. And it just made me realize, like we're all all of our problems. Like you know, I say problem, it's like just not a problem that I'm dealing with, but it's just like something that I'm going through. But I'm like so many people go through it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so many people are.
Speaker 3: Dealing with it. And I can't pause my life, like I just have to like live my life. Everybody's living their lives, are going through all different kinds of crazy things, and everybody's just moving along made me feel so small and the in the best way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it feels so good to feel small. That's why before you chose Italy, I was like, you should go up to the trees, like the big trees, because something about being around those trees are like by an expansive ocean or something. You feel so small in the best kind of way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and swimming like a fish like. I was just like going back and forth and back and forth, back and while trying to get videos. Did you see the video that I posted.
Speaker 2: I'm going to bring that up. Okay, First of all, I have two opinions on this.
Speaker 3: What is my fault?
Speaker 2: So that those are really hard shots to get When people do them well, it is impressive. I think it's so hard. Every time I've ever tried to get a shot, you have to be at the right upward angle or sideways. I mean a lot of the ones you Soda is an example, they were pretty above. Yeah, and then you also were crotch facing him and you really didn't give him much to work with. So at some point we have to take accountability. You told me, baby, what is your life?
Speaker 3: Turn side, give your arms a little bend.
Speaker 2: He probably shook that he was. He probably didn't know where to start. He's like, she is arms up still, he's not even moving.
Speaker 3: Because you want a video of you just floating in the pool like that, I was like, yeah, it's gonna look good.
Speaker 2: Did you show him then? Mouth no? Oh, he really had a disadvantage.
Speaker 3: I was swimming.
Speaker 2: I was like, they were still. I've never seen someone floats for so long without moving. It's like crazy.
Speaker 3: And the pool was so cool. I was like, this is gonna be such a cool video. I can't wait to see this post. I was gonna post the thing.
Speaker 2: But what did you think you were? You thought you were serving?
Speaker 3: Yes, I thought I was serving like a model like you were like I am, only for a long time. I was like, oh, I've got twenty seconds to work with here.
Speaker 2: You didn't move, so twenty seconds of one one post.
Speaker 3: I thought the water would be moving for me.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it looked like you were lying on his bag. You're lying on the bed, Like we could take a sticker of you in that and just put it on any flat surface and you would be actually shocked if by out you were in water. But I'm dying that you were like, oh, like your face is just like the no expression. Arms are up, legs are out.
Speaker 3: People were damning me being like Becca would never. I'm like Becca would never.
Speaker 2: I would. I would be giving you some instructions. Yes, but I do think he had a disadvantage not seeing the in spoke because he was probably like, what are we going for? Here are her legs out open towards me? This is like a starfish.
Speaker 3: Yeh. Someone goes it's giving dateline.
Speaker 2: Like if you have been faced in the other direction, and would it looks like a murder scene. Yeah, yeah, that was a good laugh. Thanks for posting that.
Speaker 3: I was like, this video is so tragic, but like it needs to go up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we can work. We can maybe we'll go swim in the ocean. I can get to something, yeah, thank you, yeah, thank you. We can get a resort pass, go to a cool pool overlooking the ocean or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean it's not Cappri but.
Speaker 3: Capri adjacent.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And the taxis there are so cute. They're like they have these little awnings on.
Speaker 2: Just oh yeah, it does look really cute.
Speaker 3: So everything's open, it's just like so charming.
Speaker 2: Like evermoving there, I felt like I was in a fairy tale like it looked. I mean, Haley's like, we need all the details on this trip.
Speaker 3: There was somebody there that is that booked a wedding venue, is getting married there. Oh really, but they live in New York.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's so much easier from New York.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 2: We're not not considering Europe. We kind of had thrown it off the table, but we're not. We're not not doing it.
Speaker 3: It's just so magical.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm so happy. I'll had such a great time a lot of A couple of weeks ago, I decided I realized, which I've talked about this before, I think on the podcast we talked about it. But I have a really hard I'm trying new things because if I'm not immediately confident that I'm gonna be good at them, I just write it off or just or don't even put myself out there. And this morning we did something that I've been wanting to do that's very basic, but I've been hesitant to do it because I felt nervous about doing it. But we're gonna talk about it when we.
Speaker 3: Come back this morning.
Speaker 2: We're back. So last night this is something you do all the time. For me, Yeah, I have wanted to get into pilates, but I've done Matt Plate. I'm not intimidated by Matt Plate's I've done that.
Speaker 3: It's the machine, the reformer.
Speaker 2: But I've always just been like, I'm not super flexible, and those classes it feels like everyone's like really knows what they're doing. So I've always just written it off as like I don't want to do that. And so last night I've I've decided I'm gonna try new things, and I was like, I'm gonna start with plates because I've been wanting to try that. And so I told Haley I was looking for classes nearby, and she was like, I'd love to do that with you, which I was so grateful for because going with somebody, and especially her, I was really excited to do it together. So we booked. There's this new studio nearby, So we booked a class and I didn't look to see if it was beginner or not. I just booked. I've done plates on a reformer one time when I went to Nashville with the Bachelor Girls, and I did kind of well, So I thought like, this should be easy. This is like an ex former.
Speaker 3: So the the big ones. Oh my god. We get in, Well, what's the class. What's the name of the studio?
Speaker 2: Uh like I don't even know.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: So we go and we're just I go to the very end. I'm like, I need to be as far away from everyone as possible. And so we start doing it and it is so hard. My muscles are shaking so badly. My whole body.
Speaker 3: Shakes these little shakes.
Speaker 2: It's like so crazy, so intense. And the whole time Haley, she'd ask us to do something, and Haley and I are just looking at each other like giggling because we're like no chance. So we get through it and I do. I'm like already sore, so I felt like I did something. And the girl goes, that was a quite like that was a pretty hard routine to have, like grace with yourself. And so we're leaving and she's like, what were your names? And we introduce ourselves and we're like, was that a like advanced class? And she goes, that was that was pretty you know, that was pretty advanced, and she goes, we do have beginner classes. Because my whole thing was I need to know the form, you know. Yeah, like there's a whole thing of like tucking your pelvision and all this stuff. And so we're like okay, so we're like, well, we'll try the beginner next time. And I was just like, you know what, she was so nice. It didn't feel intimidating. We got through it, and we're going to go to a beginner's class and maybe we'll be with some old ladies and we'll be advanced.
Speaker 3: I've taken so many beginner classes.
Speaker 2: I don't like being a beginner, but that's what I'm saying. I'm trying to like let myself be a beginner. Yeah, and so that's my newest journey. I love that for you for me, thank you, because I too love p lates. I know, I look like the shakes are crazy.
Speaker 3: They're crazy.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know my body could do that.
Speaker 3: And you know why it's such a good workout is because it's like so low impact.
Speaker 2: Yeah is that what they said, mobil It's She was like, well, you have other classes that can be like higher impact with this is for mobility, and.
Speaker 3: Yeah it helps like with your back and your posture like everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we're excited. That's our newest Journey.
Speaker 3: Well, I love that for you. Actually, you know, I've been so out of my workout routine that there was this beach club that we went to that was like, when I tell I'm not even exaggerating, at least a thousand steps, like down.
Speaker 2: Tanya, what this? These videos of you going down these stairs were insane.
Speaker 3: It's not even how I went down.
Speaker 2: I went.
Speaker 3: My My calves were literally like having the shakes because I.
Speaker 2: Was because you're taking so many steps.
Speaker 3: It was very slippery and the last thing you want is me to slip and fall and end up in an er.
Speaker 2: No, I told Robbie, I go listen, she is moving like an old lady, but better safe and sorry. Exactly did you have kitten heels on?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: I think you should have taken the kitten heels off and gone the.
Speaker 3: First time I had kitten heels on. The second time I went low on the flip flops. Okay, but still I was like so shocked that my calves were like shit, like literally shaking from the stairs. I was like, wow, you know you're out of your workout routine when walking down to the beach makes your legs quiver.
Speaker 2: But that's a different muscle. You're not you're walking. Remember we used to do the Brentwood stairs.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's such a good workout.
Speaker 2: I know, but that's a totally different muscle.
Speaker 3: I know. If this was Tanya three months ago, I would have been really stressed out that my heart rate was going up really high. Oh, I don't care. Last week.
Speaker 2: I think it's okay. If your heart rate you should go up and down every now and then. Okay. I wanted to talk about this because this is a fascinating conversation which I've never heard happened before. But someone posted on threads that the passenger next to her asked if she would stop watching her movie because the violent scenes were upsetting. She said she was wearing headphones, but agreed to switch movies anyway. Many people praise her for changing the movie, saying it's a small act of kindness. Some pointed out that the other passenger could have PTSD anxiety, recently experienced trauma, or simply been uncomfortable with graphic images. Others disagreed, arguing that if you're watching a movie on your own screen with headphones, you've done nothing wrong. They felt it up to the other passenger to look away or choose a different seat if possible. The debate turned into a bigger conversation about balancing kindness with personal responsibility. Should we accommodate requests that cost us very little? Or unreasonable to expect strangers to change their behavior because someone else is uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm the wrong person to ask, because I would just totally change the movie if.
Speaker 2: Somebody asked me that.
Speaker 3: There's no way I wouldn't change the channel.
Speaker 2: I think I too. I think I understand the I understand the both sides of it, because you pay for a CEAT and you get your TV, and that's that's all you have to work with. That's what you're paying for. But I do think there is this world where with some of the movies that are out there and that you see on TV, if someone is experiencing those things, is the kind act would be to just change it? But I think I it's like, do you have a conversation of why do you what's bothering you? Oh? Because hard?
Speaker 3: I please?
Speaker 2: But like what if she wouldn't have done it? Would she had been a bad person? You know, she ended up changing it and you would end up changing it. And I most likely would also end up changing it. But if we didn't, would that make us a bad person?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't think it makes you a bad person. I think you can choose kindness and to see have empathy and understand that maybe someone's going through something that you're not going through. But I also don't think that being like, oh, well, you know, I paid for this and I've been wanting to watch this movie and I have kids, and this is my first time I've been able to sit down and watch it in peace. You should have that that right to do that.
Speaker 3: In my mind, I'm like, there's obviously something else you could watch.
Speaker 2: There's always something, There's always something. But I'm saying, if you're like, oh my gosh, I've been dying to see this movie.
Speaker 3: I have kids, they don't have that alone time.
Speaker 2: What do you think Mark?
Speaker 4: It's funny.
Speaker 1: I feel like I've been in this situation because I've you know, I don't typically watch the movies they offer. I download stuff to my iPad from HBO, Max, from Hulu, from whatever. So I'll be watching like The White Lotus and a love scene will come on and I'll get really uncomfortable and I'll pull it right towards me, because I don't want the person next to me. If if some of these glances over at that moment, you're it's a weird creep on an airplane because they don't know the context of whatever you're watching.
Speaker 4: I thought, that's what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's a weird moment. So I guess I understand it to some degree. You do have to be respectful of people around you, so I try to, like I hug it to my chest until it's over, and then I put it back on my tray.
Speaker 2: But you can't do that with the TV screen in front of you, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: But if it's in the seat, if it's offered by the airline, yeah, it's going to be kind of sanitized. They take out a lot of those scenes.
Speaker 2: But if it's a vile I don't know. I think if they took a.
Speaker 3: Lot show that I watched in Perfect Women, there was like a little bit, I mean, I wouldn't say it's like it was gross, but there was some like there was some violence, okay, and that was on the airplane.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Bottom line is I think if somebody asked me, that means it's important to them, and then I said, yes, I would change.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, I think for me to be able to ask my neighbor, could you change, I would have to be in a very vulnerable, brave state of like panic.
Speaker 3: I think what I would try to do first is just lying with somebody. I would ask to switch with whoever I was flying with, you know what I mean. Like if I was flying with Robbing and he was on like the middle, like we would just wear like both in the middles, I'd ask, like switch with him first, like she's watching something I can't like watch it. I would try to disturb myself first, and if Robbie was like a sleep or something, then I think I would ask them.
Speaker 2: I also think there's a world of asking if there's another seat you could switch to. I would inconvenience myself first before I got to the point of having to ask someone that. Yeah, but it really brings up that I don't think you're a I don't think you're a bad person if you deny them, because I think everyone has a reasoning, and like, if you're just being rude to be rude, and you don't have a reason that you can't change, then that's not nice in my opinion. But I also, you pay for that seat, you only get that space, right.
Speaker 3: It's tough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a it's a very interesting debate. I've heard of people asking to move seats and I'm always like, no, you get what you pay for. You can trade. If someone wants to trade to an equal seat, that I guess you can take them.
Speaker 3: I've asked to switch seats before and gotten notes and it's very humbling.
Speaker 2: And that's okay the same, Like it's literally.
Speaker 3: Middle to middle, like why you don't want to switch? Like a stick to my husband.
Speaker 2: They don't care about you and your husband. They're like, you should have booked that together.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think flying etiquette is a there's always interesting debates because you really see you see the best and the worst of people in the airports. Yeah, and on airplanes. And there was a woman who I I everyone stood up. We were getting our bags off the plane and she was in the aisles behind us, and she kept trying to go forward, and finally I go are you I was like, are you in a rush? And she was like no, And I was like, well, just go ahead. I just wanted her to know, like this is crazy what you're doing. Wait, wait till the people in front of you.
Speaker 3: But I was like when people try and bolt before like the aisles like all come out, I'm like, it's so you you the rose before you go.
Speaker 2: It's just it's just order.
Speaker 3: It's just the order of like I understand if you have a connecting That's why I was like, are you going to say that, I'd say I have a connecting flight? Can I like squeeze on buy you people?
Speaker 2: Do you mind? Do you mind? No?
Speaker 3: She's like, you really do learn a lot about people flying. When we were one of our flights, Robbie was like asking different women around us if they need help getting their like bags down.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, that's my guy.
Speaker 2: I always I always ask older Like I'll see an older woman struggling, not a single man offers, and I'm like, can I help you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: I don't know that I'm not much stronger than you, but I let me help.
Speaker 3: I also saw this this older couple. They were the chicest, cutest things ever. They were ordering all this like wine. Our flight was at like I don't even know, like ten am. They were drinking wine. They must have been eighty plus bottles, three bottles of wine over to their to their things. Then they got coffee as the flight was landing. I mean they were just like.
Speaker 2: They had their jet jet leg planned down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was epic.
Speaker 2: I was like, wow, yeah, well, I'm so happy you had such a great time. And I can't wait also to go to Capri Capri?
Speaker 3: W do you get married there?
Speaker 2: I've never been. I can't tell you. They gotta go visit.
Speaker 3: It's gotta go once.
Speaker 2: Check it out. Don't worry because even though this episode is over, we have another one coming on Thursday. Because we love you.
Speaker 3: That we do. We're gonna tell you something though. I'm really missing Love Island really m hmm.
Speaker 2: Are there in the old seasons you can go back and watch?
Speaker 3: Probably?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the reunion's coming up.
Speaker 4: Isn't there a Love Island Norway or something you can find?
Speaker 3: There's a Love Island Australia that I haven't dabbled in yet. That oh, I just need to uh try to.
Speaker 2: Watch Stirling Point and then once you get through some good scripted TV that gets the brain moving, go back to new season. Haley's watching UK Love Island.
Speaker 3: K This season is so she feels like it just.
Speaker 2: Got good though, and it's just after cost some war. Oh it gets She's like, these guys are so dumb. She was like, these guys go and then they bring a girl back and still expect the girls to want to be with them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like they want to. Yeah, I'm just gonna date both of you. She's like, I love that these girls have self worth, I know, but but then they crumble. They crumble.
Speaker 2: Well, so far they have self worth, so we're rooting for them, but stay tuned. Yeah, all right, everyone will be back Thursday. We love you so much. Wonderful day. Bye,