Speaker 1: Hey, it's Delilah. Thank you for stopping by.
Speaker 2: I have put together some of my favorite radio moments here to share with you on our daily podcast, Do hello, my friend. Welcome aboard, Come in, Come in, Come in. I am here to talk to you. I am here to listen to you, to listen to you, to listen a lot of times to what you're not saying. You know, that's where the truth lies. The truth lies usually in what you're not saying. It's easy to reveal the things there really don't matter much, the stuff that's just sort of surface. But when you go a little deeper, when you dig a little deeper, that's when it gets hard to share it. And honestly, that's where the miracles happen, in that true intimacy and that true depth of your heart. And that's what I want to get to. I want to find out what's really going on in your heart. Maybe you have divorced your heart to such a point you don't even know what you're feeling. Well, I'm here to remind you to reconnect with your heart.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 1: Who is this?
Speaker 4: Hi? This is Wendy.
Speaker 1: Wendy Welcome. What can I do for you?
Speaker 4: I just wanted to go on and request a song.
Speaker 1: Who are you thinking of?
Speaker 4: And well, actually everything that has finally gone right in my life after so many years of things going bad.
Speaker 1: So right now you're enjoying the highs of a good time instead of the lows of difficult times.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, First, first off, I'm blind. I you know, became blind at a young age. Married a wonderful man, but I lost them two years ago and then virtually lost everything I own And now all of a ud sudden things have turned around. I've met somebody wonderful and I'm closing out a house.
Speaker 1: Wow, I would say things have turned around.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And through it all, through the trials and tribulations, did you falter in your faith?
Speaker 1: Did you ever say I give up God?
Speaker 4: Yes I did. I crashed. I actually wound up in the hospital. Some stress. You know, things just went you know, like how can always happen to me? But it's turned around and now.
Speaker 1: You're dancing again. You're feeling joy again.
Speaker 6: Oh, yes, you're in love again.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 1: What's your boyfriend's name?
Speaker 7: Ray?
Speaker 1: Well? You sound good?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 4: I feel really good through all this. You know, I put on quite a bit away with my husband because he was in a nursing home for five years and I've taken off forty pounds and feeling great.
Speaker 1: Ah, good for you. So you're making lots of positive choices.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, and I'm back to church.
Speaker 1: So you're walking with God. And it sounds like maybe you're just walking and getting into shape.
Speaker 4: Yes, I am play.
Speaker 5: A song for you and for this new person in your life, and for the wonderful things God is bringing about.
Speaker 1: Sloca. Yes, that's a name I haven't heard before.
Speaker 4: Nope, what can I.
Speaker 1: Do for you?
Speaker 3: I have a daughter, Stephanie, who's nineteen and she's at university. This is her second year at university, and I just wanted to let her know that I'm very, very proud of her because her grade twelve year was really hard. Her dad left me after twenty five years of marriage and she's been finding it hard.
Speaker 5: So she's been finding it hard to see what she thought was the ideal family go down the dream.
Speaker 3: You have down the dream very badly.
Speaker 6: Ann.
Speaker 1: How are you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm doing better now, but it was very hard watching her go through. It made me feel very guilty.
Speaker 1: Why guilty I just did? I mean, you're not the one who chose to end the marriage.
Speaker 3: No, but I just feel she deserves better. I love her with all my.
Speaker 1: Heart, that is obvious.
Speaker 5: But we all make mistakes, we all make bad choices, and all we can do is the best we can do. Don't beat yourself up anymore, okay. And I know we want to protect our children at all times from feeling pain or being uncomfortable or experiencing heartache. And that's because you know, we love them and we never want somebody we love to suffer.
Speaker 1: But the reality is, through those difficult.
Speaker 5: Times that Stephanie is going through, she will develop an even stronger character than she had before.
Speaker 1: I hope so, I know. So okay, because she's got her mama's love to fall back on.
Speaker 5: All right, God, bless you, thank you.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 1: This is Delilah who's with me on the phone lines? Becky, Becky, how can I help you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I was just hoping that you could play a song for me. Having a real tough time handling the teenage years.
Speaker 1: How old are you?
Speaker 6: I'm fourteen.
Speaker 1: Ooh, so you've got quite a few of those teenage years ahead of you.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, Unfortunately.
Speaker 5: Well, the good news is, Becky, just when you figure out how to handle them, you'll be out of them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So I was hoping that you could give me some of your words.
Speaker 5: Well, the best words that I have are to believe in yourself, believe in God, and make healthy choices. If you will do those three things, you won't get yourself in the trouble that I got myself into during the teenage years.
Speaker 6: Well, i think I'm stearing myself in the right direction, and my parents tell me the same, and I'm just hoping that everything is going to be okay in the end.
Speaker 5: It Well, you're going to have some rough spots and some rocky roads because this is the time of life when you really determine who you are, what your gifts are, You discover your talents and your skills. You're deciding, Okay, do I want to go into theatrics or do I want to take up you know, engineering, what are my interests? You're so influenced by your friends. Your peer groups become so important, and if they're steering you down the wrong path, you're going to get in trouble.
Speaker 6: So I wanted to tell you that it's an honor to talk to you, and you are my idol.
Speaker 5: Oh, well, thank you, but trust me I'm not somebody to idolize.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, God bless you, honey. You're going to be just fine.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Hi, Renee. Hello, this is Delilah. How can I help you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I just want to let people know that, See, I have been clean now in a year, and I've been struggling drug and alcohol for ten years, and there is hope.
Speaker 5: So, Renee, what was your drug of choice? If you don't mind me prying, and you've been clean over a year? Yeah, wow, good for you. Could you do me a favor? Yeah, take your right hand, reach it across to your left shoulder, and give yourself a big.
Speaker 1: Pat on the back.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I'm very proud you should be for the first time in my life.
Speaker 5: So let me ask you this, did you did you decide to seek recovery on your own? Did somebody do an intervention? How did you make a.
Speaker 3: Decision that I got tired of the life.
Speaker 7: You know, I had been fighting this off and on for ten years, you.
Speaker 5: Know, so a miracle you're still alive. Yeah, and today you're clean and sober.
Speaker 7: Yeah I am. And it's just it's so wonderful because now I have a chance. I have a little boy, and I'm trying to get my visitation rights back and stuff, you know, because I didn't take some attention to my little boys the last two years of my life because of the drugs and alcohol and the men. But today I can sit down and realize that I don't need it, and that God has helped me out, and I'm just amazed that I'm clean and sober again. It's just wonderful. You know.
Speaker 5: Well, if you continue to work your program, and you continue to maintain that faith in God, I have a feeling you'll continue to be amazed at the miracles that'll come into your life with sobriety.
Speaker 2: I so hope you have enjoyed these radio moments as much as I enjoy bringing them to you. I'll share more with you each weekday. On Ay, It's Delilah