Speaker 1: This is the most dramatic podcast ever and iHeartRadio podcast. Chris Harrison and Lauren Zema coming to you from the home office in Austin, Texas, and it's hot. But we also just got some hot news off the press, some incredible news from our bachelor family. Claire Crawley is pregnant. Yay. Her and Ryan announced today on social media that they are expecting. They have been trying for quite some time, and just unbelievable joy. If there was ever a woman who came through our show that wanted to be a mom, aspired to be and just put that out in the universe, it was Claire. And so the fact that this has come to fruition is a beautiful, beautiful thing.
Speaker 2: Wait, I didn't know that being the mom was the biggest I guess I always think of Claire as like she like she'd been through so much.
Speaker 3: Let her find the right things.
Speaker 1: The one was definitely that was that needed to happen first. But she talked about so this is kind of interesting. Back in May, late May, when we were all in Santa Barbara together, yes.
Speaker 2: We did the concert and recorded some podcasts and we met Claren, we met Ryan and Gosh it was so nice to see them together because what a sweet guy he is. And you did the podcast with her.
Speaker 1: So Claire and I had a moment outside in the courtyard and she confided in me that she was pregnant.
Speaker 3: You are a good secret keeper.
Speaker 1: It's my job, It's what I do.
Speaker 3: True, He's actually a lot of secrets over the years.
Speaker 1: I actually texted her today and I said, I'm so glad we can finally talk about this. And she said, I know, keeping a secret. I said, you know, professionally, it's what I do. But so she this is late May. She confided in me that she was pregnant. They had been trying, but it was way too early to let anybody know, but she wanted to let me know. And I almost broke out in tears. But what was interesting, and I was I was waiting to see if you noticed, because you are such a sleuth. At dinner, when we were all raising a glass making a toe, they weren't drinking. Claire did not drink, and.
Speaker 3: Oh, well, I don't.
Speaker 2: I didn't notice it because you know, and I guess I'm a good journalist and I've talked to her about this before.
Speaker 3: I don't think Claire is a big drinker.
Speaker 1: But and I don't know this about Ryan, but what I thought was savvy was I watched Ryan. Ryan wasn't drinking. So when you have the appearance that, oh they just aren't drinking, it's not a big deal. It didn't. It didn't really spark anybody's and we're look, we were sitting with a lot of bachelor people, so maybe they don't really look out orly. They look inwardly, yea. But it was funny. I just because I knew going into that dinner, I was just looking at things going I wonder if anybody's noticing.
Speaker 3: That, like picking up on it.
Speaker 1: Well, but I was excited in that. In that same interview, I asked her back in May, even though I knew this is really bad journalism, but I knew she was pregnant, and I went ahead and asked her, because I had written the question ahead of time, are you looking to have more kids? Because she's a step mom. And I said, you know, are you and Ryan and have kids of your own? And she kind of gave him and hauled around it, but basically gave me this ry smile of like, we'll see what the future holds. But the future holds a baby for them. Baby Dawkins will be the name.
Speaker 2: I think she is maybe the best example, but correct me if I'm wrong. There could be or add to it of like the weight being worth it. She has been again dated people on several seasons of the show in different forms, and ultimately now has found this guy who's so amazing and is getting the baby. And I feel like just she's waited and pushed through and now has everything she's wanted.
Speaker 1: And I think and go back and listen to the episode it was back in May. You can go back on wherever you find your podcast and listen to the interview with Claire Crawley, because we talked about that, and while I didn't phrase it like that, I will paraphrase essentially how she feels. And I think she would agree that she probably pushed a little too hard for the fairy tale early on, even in the Bachelor, maybe manifested it a little too much, and it's one thing to put it out in the universe, and it's another thing to try and force the cards. I think she will be the first one to say patience is a virtue, and her patients led to this wonderful guy who we love Ryan and now a baby and a family and anyway, just all the love in the world. And as I sent her a message today, I just wish her all the love and all the good health as they prepare to have their little baby. Now to something not so rosy, this is a hard reset. Did you see the story about Jonah Hill and his ex girlfriend Sarah Brady. So, Joni Hill, obviously the actor comedian, came out he was dating this surfer slash model, Sarah Brady, and she took to Instagram and put out multiple screenshots of alleged texts between the two of them, personal text messages while they were in a relationship. And these were alleged texts that had Jonah in a not so glowing light asking her to remove any photos and videos of her surfing that showed her ass and a thong from her Instagram page. Really just worried about anything that he considered sexual in nature. And I have some serious thoughts on this on so many levels.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, we'll take it away.
Speaker 1: Well, one, I don't love this from Sarah's standpoint. I don't agree with going public and outing Jonah Hill. Now I'm not defending Jonah. And I'll get to that, because Jonah has his issues and there's a list of those, and I'll get to them. But first and foremost, if this was not Jonah Hill and this was Josh Smith, would Sarah have gone public? Would this have been a story that she would have wanted out there? Would anybody have cared? He wasn't. While while he may have been toxic and insecure, was he abusive? Did he do anything illegal? I will contend that he showed her his cards. He was very honest about who he was. If you want to take those as red flags and run for the hills, that's on you. I don't think it's really fair to bury Jonah publicly through private messages that he intended for you. And I will take this to the next level, pictures that you exchange in your relationship messages. All those things I think have to be locked in a vault and thrown away if they're not going to be used as evidence for something real. I mean, I'm talking to crime, something abusive, something very serious. If you're just unhappy with how things ended, you don't get to use that as a ammunition. And I just don't think as a man or woman, you get to go back and do that. That's how I feel about her.
Speaker 3: I do you mind it?
Speaker 2: Am I weighing out?
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, You're like, you know, I'll get to Joan in a second. I just wanted to get to her that I don't think this should ever have been public.
Speaker 2: So I agree in that. Look, we have all been in toxic, unhealthy relationships, especially when we're in our you know, teen's, twenties, thirties, but for some older and I would not want I don't think anyone would want their worst arguments from text, message or whatever from their relationships posted for all the world to see and to be up there to define them. You don't want your worst moment, which you might regret. For all we know he might have, he might really regret those times to define you publicly. That's kind of the danger of the social media world that we live and now.
Speaker 3: And I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I do think there's caveats of like, Look, sometimes it's been important when people are in really really scary situations and they need evidence shown and they need to like I mean, I'm thinking of the Harvey Weinstein situation. I'm so glad all those women shared their stories, and this is someone who is so abusive with his power and a criminal in Hollywood was taken.
Speaker 1: Get on a lesser level, say someone comes after you and this is the only way you can defend your name, your whatever. There's certain caveats to this. I agree, but just just to kind of like get the court of public opinions.
Speaker 2: And the thing is, actually, I don't think it's benefiting her either. I think she had a misstep here. From kind of the responses I was seeing from people online, a lot of people were like.
Speaker 3: This isn't the worst thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Look, it is interesting if you get into the specifics of his words how people are reacting. Some people are saying, look, he was being really clear with you about his boundaries, because he was saying things things that I don't agree with, but things like, look, I don't want you hanging out with I'm paraphrasing, but I don't want you hanging out with other men.
Speaker 3: That's a boundary for me.
Speaker 2: Like, Okay, if somebody's telling you they don't want you to have friendships with other people, that's not healthy.
Speaker 3: That is not healthy.
Speaker 2: But some people are saying he was showing you who he was. He was setting his boundaries, you know, and you should have gotten like you got to get out of that if you don't agree.
Speaker 1: He said, surfing with men and posting sexual.
Speaker 2: People because she's a professional surfer, how could she not be surfing with men again.
Speaker 1: I'll get to him, but violated his boundaries boundaryless inappropriate friendships with men. This is what you're alluding to, he said. This is what she said. Sarah said that. Jonah texted, if you can't meet these boundaries, I'm not the right partner for you. If these things bring you to a place of happiness, I support it and there will be no hard feelings. These are my boundaries for romantic partnership, he wrote.
Speaker 3: So don't agree with what his boundaries are.
Speaker 1: Right again, I have major issues. Well he has major issues, but he's just telling you this is how I feel a healthy relationship should be. If you don't like that surf off into the sunset with all your guy friends, that's on you. This isn't on him, And to your other things, she said this. I decided to share these alleged messages from Jonah in order to help her to help heal, noting that keeping quiet had caused damage to her mental health.
Speaker 2: Here's why I don't think that's fair, because she wasn't being lampooned in the press as if she did something wrong.
Speaker 3: I didn't even remember these two dated.
Speaker 1: I din'body's gonna be scare that Jonah and Sarah broke up.
Speaker 3: I didn't. I'm not aware of the surfing world. I didn't know who she was. I was.
Speaker 2: I didn't know they dated nor broke up. So I don't understand in this case why you need to share publicly to heal. If you weren't being lampooned publicly, put on trial publicly, then why do you need to share your side publicly? That I didn't understand, and I don't agree with.
Speaker 1: Using that as a safety net and a catch all. I also don't think is fair because then you're above reproach. You get to that point where, okay, now what does he say? Now what does anybody say? Oh? He was about my mental health? So that those are my problems with Sarah Jonah. You are immensely insecure. Also not a shocker. What great comedian or comedic actor is not kind of a broken, frail, insecure person. That's usually where comedy comes from that is the trauma. How many great comics do you know, or I mean, other than maybe maybe Neighborgatzi might be the only one, but most are pretty dark, messed up, kind of insecure people. The great ones usually are. And I think Jonah is a pretty good comedic actor, but unbelievably, you know, insecure. If you can can't handle that, and well, look, it's odd being able to articulate that.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's obvious why these two broke up, and I would say to both of them, you guys, it was pretty clear he doesn't think you should be posting in a swimsuit and surfing with men.
Speaker 3: That's literally your job is to wear a swimsuit and surf.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's something that is also interesting that's come up as like a big headline similar to this is Keiki Palmer and the father of her child. If I'm getting it right, she was wearing an outfit she went to go see an usher shown Vegas. He has a residency there, and she was wearing an outfit that showed her her butt a little bit, and it was a sexy outfit and she looked great, and he posted publicly on Instagram publicly he said that she shouldn't be wearing that, that she's the mother of a child, that she should be covering herself up.
Speaker 3: I sure did no, the father of a baby did yes? Yes, yes, So.
Speaker 2: He got taken down on social media. I mean he literally went back and deleted the posts. I think he went private. People are like, what are you thinking? They've now I believe unfollowed each other. And this is someone who is the father of a child, who she was I think, in a relationship with, so it's maybe broken them up. And it's interesting because I certainly don't think men should be controlling what women where. They shouldn't be weighing in on that. However, when you're in a relationship, some people have feelings about like how private they want their partner's body to be to them, how personal, how intimate that is. And I can understand that perspective for sure, but like that's the thing. You have to set these boundaries in your relationship. And for Jonah Hill, it just seems so stunned obvious to me. You knew from the beginning you were dating a surfer, right, and how's she.
Speaker 3: Not going to be on a swim in a swimsuit?
Speaker 1: On Instagram and before the relationship, as they were getting into it, he commented on how much he liked a lot of these pictures, and so it's they can both be wrong in this situation, and they both are Jonah unbelievably wrong, and how he kind of every take he had, and I don't love Sarah for doing what she did.
Speaker 3: I want to get to.
Speaker 2: Something that's not just one headline, but multiple and I can't even keep track. Kevin Costner and his wife Christine splitting up. It is just article after article about the money at stake in this marriage, in this breakup, and how much they are not on the same page. I think at one point there's a headline she was asking for two hundred and twenty nine thousand dollars a month in support. She she wouldn't leave the house. She said she didn't he was trying to kick her out. Headlines about how he limited her credit card spending to thirty thousand dollars a month, about how she was challenging their prenup. It is just over and over different news about the money at stake here, and it's making me sad, and I also it's making me uncomfortable. I don't want to know this much about their finances, and it just got you read the articles and you just feel that bitterness of a couple that was once in love and now it's just all about money and trying to hit each other where it hurts, and feeling like they owe me this and they owe me that, and it's just really dark. I think couples today are probably all across the board. Like I know some friends who are married and still maintain different checking accounts, and then some people who share everything.
Speaker 3: What do you think.
Speaker 1: I think it has a lot to do with when you start your relationship where you are. It makes sense when you're eighteen years old and you have twenty dollars to your name, and your name really doesn't mean that much whether you keep your last name or change where we are, say you and I right now, you're not going to change your name. Like changing your name at this point in your life and in your career would I think not help you. So keeping your name or taking mine it doesn't matter to me. Like to me, it's like I don't need that. I'm not so old school conservative. The same thing with money, I think you just have to be as long as you're open, honest, and everybody knows where you know, all the bodies are buried, so to speak. And if you want to keep that separation of church and state, I think that's smart and it's fine, and economically tax wise, it can make a lot of sense as well. So I think it depends on when you know when you get together. But if if you're building everything together from day one, when you're twenty years old, stuff just gets in correct.
Speaker 2: Of course, you're right that history and the amount of time you've been together and at what age you come into the relationship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I like, changing my name wasn't even a thought for me.
Speaker 2: I've used I mean, first of all, I love my name and I've used it professionally, and I don't.
Speaker 3: Agree with I mean, now we're getting onto that.
Speaker 2: But I do have some friends who, like their husbands, really wanted them to change their last name. And I've never understood that if you want to do it, that's great, But for it to be this necessary thing, I would say to the other person, well, why don't you change your last name to mine? Then it should be like, if it's that important to you, then you should be willing to go the other way too.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't mind the monogram cz.
Speaker 3: Cz Zema's great.
Speaker 2: It's sure, it's easy to say, easy to remember, you know where you stand in the alphabet.
Speaker 1: Chrisima. It's a little the literation sounds alike a little too much. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I also have some friend to me money when it becomes an issue, and hopefully I think we have a really good situation where it's just kind of easy for us, Like we both trust each other's decisions on expenses. Neither of us are big spend thrifts on something, and we talk about it and we really always seem to be on the same page.
Speaker 3: But for some people they're not.
Speaker 2: I think it's an issue when money becomes control. Like I have a friend who it's actually affected our friendship really and it's kind of like her relationship with her husband kind of. I had to start pulling back a little bit because I so disagreed and it hurt me to watch what I think is like some worrisome behavior she's in. Her husband has her on a budget and she is only allowed to spend this much and she doesn't have any credit cards of her own. And I said to her, like it worries me that you can't book a plane ticket if you need to, you can't like you have to call him and ask for more money if you've run out of gas Like that worries me because it makes me feel like you're not able to be in control of your own life and your yeah run into Yeah No.
Speaker 1: Look now, if there is the issue of someone just can't keep you out of debt and they just always sign up for credit cards and are running you into bankruptcy and they're just not fiscally responsible, maybe you have to take some steps. In this case, that's not the situation, right, but I could see where that could be. If one of you is completely out of whack, do you.
Speaker 3: Have an issue You're a what was the chopaholic?
Speaker 1: Yeah, whatever, and you're bringing home ten thousand dollars worth of clothes and you're making one thousand dollars a month. That's not great.
Speaker 2: I think when you start to fight two is when things become very like it's got to be exactly fifty to fifty or something. I'm not saying it's like, I don't know, try.
Speaker 3: To make it that way.
Speaker 2: But we have friends who, well, if this, if he's going to buy this then I'm going to buy that. And it's when you get in that tet a tet it becomes I don't know, toxic.
Speaker 3: So the toxic to say the least.
Speaker 2: About Kevin Costner and his wife, I hope they work it out because all I keep thinking is their kids are going to read all these headlines one day, you know, and it's sad.
Speaker 1: Do you believe in there is no bad press? Because ari Anomatics is taking that to the nth degree. Now Arianomatics, who is coming out of the scandal all from vander Pump Rules. I mean, this woman's taken over the world. Now she is going on Dancing with the Stars, which I'm a little shocked that they allowed her to do an ABC Disney show.
Speaker 3: Oh you mean just from because it's an She's ABC.
Speaker 1: Lavo, NBC Peacock World, like she's staying in there. She's also appearing on Love Island, which is interesting.
Speaker 2: Which is is that that's Peacock, that's NBC Peacock. So that's our friend Sarah Hyland.
Speaker 1: Yes, and so she's over in Fiji making an appearance. I think she shows up in episode two of the upcoming season of Love Island. I'm like, Okay, I get that.
Speaker 3: That's coin of s energy.
Speaker 1: It's a crossover synergy. I was really shocked that it wasn't shocked that they tried to cast her on Dancing with the Stars because dancing needs that. I was shocked that Bravo and them let her out to do that.
Speaker 2: And could be a smart move by them though, to get some Dancing with the Stars has typically an older audience. Get some older audience as aware of vander Pump Rules as a show.
Speaker 1: If you're looking for the winner of the scandalval it's Arianna.
Speaker 2: I was going to ask why you said, why you introduced this with is there no such thing as bad press?
Speaker 3: Because I don't think she's gotten any bad press.
Speaker 1: She was just a part of this. She was a part of this whole things scandal. Yeah, she's a part of the scandal and had to watch it play out and had to be a part of that. You know, is she isn't she? Are they going to get back together? And so obviously she's come out on top. God bless her and her team because they're like, no, girl, we're going to go out and we're going to monetize this. Good for you.
Speaker 3: I have to applaud how they've handled everything.
Speaker 2: They've done every She's done several Instagram ads, and every one of them has been so clever. Like also, you know, I think in marketing, when you have such a clear narrative, it's easy to do a really good ad.
Speaker 3: It's easier to do a really good ad. But they've done great. I mean she did.
Speaker 2: I think she did it for batteries, and she's like, you know, well, when I've been when maybe I need to like enjoy myself because I'm or like when I've been zapped of my energy. She's just been really smart with the choices she's made. She's held her head up high the whole time. And as many Bravo fans have said, gosh, the irony that Tom Sandoval was the one who really in their couple wanted to be famous, and now she's kind of achieving all his dreams. Karma is real.
Speaker 1: Karma's a bitch, dude.
Speaker 3: Do you believe in karma? Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh, Karma's undefeated.
Speaker 3: We've seen some karma in our lives in the past couple of months.
Speaker 1: We have seen some amazing karma in the last year. For sure. I think karma comes around.
Speaker 3: I have a caveat there. Tell me how you feel.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: I just believe.
Speaker 2: I believe in the energy that's out in the world, which I think karma is. And I think that karma comes to fruition when you've held your head high, when you've kept your side of the street clean, when you've taken you know, the high road in a situation, I think you earn karma. I don't think karma comes when you're like getting down and dirty, just like the other side is.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like to sit back, as you said, keep your side of the street clean and let the universe take care of itself.
Speaker 2: And that's when karma feels good, because you think I held my own here and that person got what they deserved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And we've gotten to watch a lot of dishes of karmel I.
Speaker 3: Worried about it.
Speaker 2: They're served piping hot and sometimes you got to wait a while, but it does happen.
Speaker 1: I'm not necessarily in the Bravo world. So Tom and Raquel, like, are they doing anything other than vander Pump Like they have they had any residual bounce from this.
Speaker 3: They have both signed up to film again and they are filming again. But I don't.
Speaker 2: I've not seen the Instagram ads and the opportunities and the offers come their way.
Speaker 1: So the scoreboard is Ariana twelve, Tom and Raquel zero.
Speaker 3: If I was dancing with the stars scoring her, she'd get a big ten.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's a ten. I'm now singing on a stage, shirtless, in a gross Hollywood bar. Yeah, helping some groupies by Tom Sandov's.
Speaker 3: Still hold none of that white nail polish.
Speaker 1: God bless his heart. Oh, speaking of white nail polish, you just let us ride into Dennis Rodman.
Speaker 3: Ah, yes, I'm.
Speaker 1: Known back in the day for his nail polish.
Speaker 3: His hair color, hair color.
Speaker 1: Well, now he's known for a face tattoo.
Speaker 3: This was unexpected for me.
Speaker 1: So Dennis Rodman, of course the NBA icon He played with Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen. He was part of the Dynasty, part of the Last Dance as it were, won multiple championships, the king of rebounding in the NBA. Sixty two years old. He's dating a thirty one year old woman, Yelli Yella. Dennis Rodman is getting a tattoo of yellow yellow on his face.
Speaker 3: He got it. It's there.
Speaker 1: It's a face ted. I'm looking at the picture right now, go online, take a look at Rodman's tattoo. A tattoo. Can we start Let's just not go the woman yet, Let's just go face tattoo. Cry for help.
Speaker 2: I don't ever think of face tattoo comes across like a stable choice. I'm trying not to judge. I'm not personally into tattoos. I don't judge them. Get them if you want, that's your thing. But I think a face tattoo like it's different, there's something different about it. Where because I guess because you think you'd never have the opportunity to cover this up if you wanted to.
Speaker 3: How's this going to age as your face ages?
Speaker 1: Like my tattoo? My tramp stamp that I have is a dolphin swimming over a rainbow, And I think that's timeless. What would you have done if the first time we were intimate and you look and I have a tramp stamp. I'm done, it's over.
Speaker 3: I think. So I think so talk about a red flag.
Speaker 1: So I think of like Mike Tyson face tattoo. It's just it never seems to be.
Speaker 3: A also who has ever.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry to say it, but people usually regret getting tattoos about relationships. It usually doesn't end well. I wouldn't, would you? What if I asked you to get a tattoo? What if I said, I think Ben Higgins has this a tattoo of his wedding ring. What if I said, I really want to get wedding ring tattoos?
Speaker 1: Hm, that would be a negative for me.
Speaker 3: Really, if you asked me to do it, I would do it.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to get it. I just don't have any tattoos. And again, I love them on other people. I don't love it on Dennis Rodman's face. But in the it's just I don't know the picture itself.
Speaker 2: It isn't the best art I've ever seen. I'm sorry, I'm judging where over the artist is.
Speaker 1: But I don't know. I don't know what it's like to paint on that palette.
Speaker 3: Why wouldn't you get a tattoo of our wedding rings?
Speaker 1: I just I don't want a tattoo. Okay, I've made it this far. I just don't. I don't think at this point it's like, yeah, let's let's a change course and do it the tattoo.
Speaker 2: What would you say if I came home and I said, bab surprise, I got a tattoo of your name, and it's on.
Speaker 3: My butt.
Speaker 1: My butt so I can kiss your That would be fine. I don't care if you get a tattoo. Okay, I wouldn't love it if you got a face tattoo. And I would wonder what's going on at this point in your life if all of a sudden you just got sleeved up, you know, and they were just really visible, and I would wonder what that is, you know. For for Rodman, it's not crazy. He got a tattoo, but as far as getting her picture on his face, he said, And this is you're gonna love this reference. This is my last dance with a woman.
Speaker 3: There you go, the.
Speaker 1: Former Chicago Bulls out He's referring to the of course now iconic documentary The Last Dance about Michael Jordan the Bulls. This is my last dance with a woman, the former Chicago Bulls athlete gushed to the outlet. She's very lovely and I thank her for loving me the way I am and that's why I did it for her. So this is just kind of a out of love for Yelli Yella so I think we're in agreement here. We are going to remain non tattoo people.
Speaker 3: Just wait till you see when I get back from my bachelorette party.
Speaker 1: Oh mana, oh boy, here we go. I think I will confidently remain a non tattoo person. We'll see what happens with LZ, whether you have a tattoo or not. We're glad you're with us today. Thank you for joining us, Thank you for listening. As always, we love you guys, love talking to you each and every week, and we'll talk to you next time because we have a lot more to talk about. Thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at the most dramatic pod ever, and make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. I'll talk to you next time.