Speaker 1: Volume.
Speaker 2: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 3: Y'all know me.
Speaker 2: I'm your favorite uncle Janna Sharp, my partner and co host Liberty City's own Bengals Ring of Fame Honoree the pro Bowler All Pro. That's Chad Ocho Senko Johnson, and we have a very special guest joining us tonight from Grand Valley State, four time Pro Bowl pro bowler Baltimore Raven, New England Patriots, Atlanta Falcons. He's currently a free agent, Matthew Judan. Matt, thank you for joining us. Bro. We'll get to you in just a second. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button, and guys, go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Thank you, guys for your support and you'll continue support because thanks to you, Ocho and I are able to do what we do Nightcap.
Speaker 3: All the wars that we won, all the wars that.
Speaker 2: We've been nominated for is because of your eyes, your ears, and your word of mouth. And we can't personally thank you enough, So thank you again for your support and your continue support. Please make sure you go check out Shade by Laportier. We do have it and start tonight. And if you're in Atlanta, go buy and check out Searsuckers and Sundresses. We have a booth there, my team is there and you'll get an opportunity to sample it.
Speaker 3: If you're in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: The Seersucker in Sundress event is going on right now that I think they have something going on again tomorrow.
Speaker 3: But if you.
Speaker 2: Can't find Shade by Laportier in a city or a state near you, order it online. But best believe we are coming to a city in a state near you in the very near future. It is the best tasting premium VSP cognact on the market. Don't take my word for it, try it for yourself. I promise you you will not be disappointed. Please drank responsibly and stay safe. Go got follow my media company page on all of its platform Shay shped Media, Shay Shaped Media.
Speaker 3: Add my clothing.
Speaker 2: Company eighty four with eighty for being spelled out.
Speaker 4: UH.
Speaker 2: The Lincoln's Pen and the Chat supplies are limited and once they're gone, they're gone, so please grab yours while supplies last.
Speaker 3: UH.
Speaker 2: As I mentioned at the top of the show. We have Matthew Judan joining us tonight. Matthew, as I spoke at the top, that you are currently a free agent right now, So what is the what are the next steps? What is what is in the future for Matthew Judon.
Speaker 5: Coming to Cincinnati? But go ahead?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 6: Well, shoot, if I came to Cincinnati, man, what they gonna do? They gotta they gotta get a trade, right don't they? Yeah? Yeah? So, uh, but right now I'm chilling. You know how to uh, you know how to lead go uh not for long? Uh, you know, I have fun and so right now I'm just chilling. So if I if I get a call, I'm working out. I'm doing everything I need to do to be in shape and ready for a camp or a call any day. But uh, you know, a lot a lot of stuff not up to me. So I'm doing what I can do.
Speaker 5: Well listen, Oh no, I'm gonna say listen, I don't watch you whatver it is. I know what you could do.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: The product on yourself, your resume speaks for itself. You're going to get that call.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: Most of the time when you're at this point in your career and you're waiting. Do you have a preferred destination or would you would you would you just want to play football? Or do you would you rather go to a contender?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 6: After last year, I just want to play football. Uh, you know, I just want to want to just get back out there and be able to be me. Uh do me and so Uh you know, keep going forward, rushing the passer, Uh, things like that. But uh, you know everybody always have a preferred destination. When you kind of get at this stage in your life, you know, you want to win games. You don't want to just go out there to compete.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm not really building a resume no more. I'm trying to win the championship. I want to compete at the highest level.
Speaker 2: You think about it, Matthew, are like you said, you're waiting for that call. But what if that how long are you willing to wait? Are you willing to go with a couple of games a week, a month into the season before you receive that call? Somebody get injured? Obviously, if somebody gets Dean or Nick in training camp, that call might come sooner than later.
Speaker 3: But how long are you willing to wait for that call?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 6: You know, you just wait. You know how, I'm not retired. I don't feel like I'm retire anytime soon. So right now I'm just waiting. So if it's if it's you know, week fifteen, week sixteen of the season, you know I'll be ready. I'm always gonna work out, you know, I'm always gonna I find me something to do different every year. So right now I'm big into Pilate's and then I got a roll bite that I'll be riding. So I'm never going to be not in shape. But you know how it is with football. All you know, you got.
Speaker 3: Football shape, and being in the shape of something entalitly different.
Speaker 6: You gotta get your body conditioned and takeing hits, getting back up the bruising h So you know I won't never get that condition Uh, you only can get it in football. So I mean, whenever they call, I'm be ready whenever.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: One of the things that I always like and I always find interesting is ask some players that are not towards the end of their career, but but obviously in a situation like this where you actually wait on the call to come, and do you have any other passions of hobbies that you're really enthusiastic about that. If I'm just saying hypothetically speaking, if that call, then come, you know what, finally I can go into that second stage of life and focus on whatever said hobby or dream it is yours outside.
Speaker 6: Uh you know I really uh like I said, I really stay working out kind of mostly through my whole career. And uh and I never wanted to be gone for too long because I'll be like, I'm always thinking like I gotta be ready in shape. But if I if I don't get that call, and you know, uh, it ain't it ain't for me. It's not renting the cars. I'm gonna travel. I'm getting up out the I'm getting up out the US. I'm going to I'm going to see some different things.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 6: This earlier this summer, I went to South Africa. Uh man, it was nice, it was beautiful. Uh And you know I'm I'm into nature. Uh and heights. So we hiked, uh me and one of my best friends from high school we hiked Tabletop Mountain and so uh you know, I'm gonna start doing that and I'm gonna start doing that. Yeah, and then, uh, did.
Speaker 2: You go on a safari? Did you go to the Varunga Mountains. I mean, did you do anything like see anything?
Speaker 3: Big five?
Speaker 6: So so I gotta I got a video, all right, and the Safari man was kind of he was playing, but I got the video and he talking about the elephants as they walking because we was on a little reserve where they keep the elephants in closed but they free is huge and the elephant walking right towards me. I'm talking about, if this man don't move a vehicle, I'm about to get stepped on. And so we just we're just right there and he not with the vehicle off, He not moving a vehicle, and at the last minute, like he turned it on and moved. But uh, I got I got a video, Like I had to get up out of there, like I'm running from an elephant. I'm about to get stepped on. But you know, just just seeing just seeing that type of stuff and it's up close in person. Yeah, man, like the world beautiful, it's the nature all that stuff, And so I like to do that more. And then y'all got four kids, so just traveling with them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to see to see those animals in their natural habitat, not even enclosure like at the zoo, but to see them in their natural habitat and to see how they are interact with the other animals. Obviously it's a pray, it's a it's a prey and predator environmentory. It's all about survival, that's all. It's about them in Serengetti. Yeah, let me ask you this, Matt. You have a very look, you started out with the Ravens, then you go to the Patriots, and then you go to Atlanta. If you don't mind share, because you, I mean not a whole lot of people get an opportunity to play for the Ravens, you know, play for Ravens and the Patriots, and we know how you know, a lot of times it came down there in the playoffs. They kicked the Patriots out of the playoff, Patriots kicked the Ravens out of the playoffs, and they end up in and in Atlanta. Can you give a little insight to the differences in the and the culture and and and and what's going on, like say, from Baltimore to New England and then Atlanta where you had raheem.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, I mean I think I think I was blessed to play with like three different great coaches and they all different in their own ways. And I think the more relaxed and uh down earth coach was a rock and uh, you know, I felt like I was able to talk to him and connect with him on a different level because I'm I'm a veteran in this and kind of just how how we talk and how we talked as men and so uh that was that was different. But uh going to the Patriots locker room, uh and playing alongside uh Devin and High Tower and you know, Kylevin know and Jamie Collins and and just people like that. You know, I didn't get the time, so I was in the post Tom Verdiera. Uh. But you see how those those kind of players that played with him or played in that regime, how they work ethic was different than so many other people. And not saying that I ain't played with like good players at Baltimore, but just those type of players.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 6: I learned a lot a lot from them, And then I also learned a lot from uh like Matt Slater. I don't know if y'all, man.
Speaker 5: If you was there, Slate was there when I was there.
Speaker 6: Man, Slate, Slate been there here a cornerstone of that franchise and people like that and how how they prepare, how they work, and how they keep their bodies right.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 6: They they there from almost before the sun rise until the sun set and then and then when you see them with their families and so uh, it was just amazing to see something like that. And and I know that the younger players that came through there, they learned so much from Bill, but they learned so much more from the culture of the locker room and how the locker room was ran and how and how like the Bill didn't have to keep the ship tight because everybody else in front of you was. And uh. But then and then playing what under uh Bill Belichick is like you know, he kept he kept young, He kept young coaches around him because he know, I think he knew that he wasn't never gonna connect with the players like the younger coaches. But but him just asked like getting in front of the meeting and just kind of his mannerisms and you know, his kind of jokes and and how he was and his knowledge of I mean, I think I think he know everything about everything like you you asked him about. I mean, he might know he know a little more about the game than we do like the girls, than we do. He pulling, he pull in whatever he wants. So so uh so Bill like like he he know everything about everything and he and on Monday, he's gonna tell you how the game go. He how the how the game gonna go for Sunday. Uh and then he gonna he gonna script it out all week and then uh and then you know, after win, lose, a draw, he gonna have the same mentality. So I really respected that from him. And then uh, the Ravens. Like I was a baby, I was uh you know, I got I got trained, I got trained by Terrell Sugz. Uh. You know, you know I got to I got to play with Steve Smith, Mike Wallace, Crabtree. Uh, you know some guys that you know I just watched growing up and watched it. Getting into the game, I got to I got to play with Darius Web And then I still I still got friends, uh like like true genuine friends. We talk every day from from that team and so uh so it was just different. It was just different, different at different stages of my career, you know. Uh, at one point in time, you know, I never made plays in the NFL at one point, then at the next the next stage, you know, you know, they like I have to make plays. I'm getting paid it. I got paid to make plays. And then uh then I went through a trade and sit period. I got traded. You know, they traded me on my birthday too, like kind of crazy but uh yeah, so uh but got traded, and then coming into a locker room trying to trying to see like how you fit in where they see you as in the last year of my contract. So you like you're like ship is y'all gonna keep me around? Pay me? Uh but you know, it was just different parts of the locker room. And then I think I got to play, like with one of the greatest quarterbacks that's ever gonna I'm gonna play Lamar like I never I never say nothing bad about eight, like like, uh, anytime I speak about him, it's gonna be highly uh and I think he know that, but uhh, when it comes down to it, I think, uh he gonna be one of the best to ever do it.
Speaker 2: Mm hm oh you do you wish the situation had played out differently the way the situation ended in New England? Do you do you look back and said you could have done something differently, handle it differently. They could have handled it differently. What would you if you could go back now, knowing what you know now, what would you like to read?
Speaker 3: What would you like to redo? What would the redo be? What would the do?
Speaker 6: Uh? You know, I ain't know. I ain't really no big redo pep person. But I do play stuff back in my mind though, like you know, like like do I do I have to say this? Like it was wasn't necessary. But I feel like in a moment, man, we're human, like, uh, if somebody, if somebody not treating you like that, like it ain't never gonna go. It ain't never gonna go. Overwhelmed with me like I I gotta say something. I got to say something. So that's just me. But uh, I would have made sure I never left New England. I would have made sure I never left Boston.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 6: The connections in Boston like uh, I don't think it's I don't think it's no other place like you know, uh, from the Bruins to the Celtic to the rests like like like I know players from each team you know, and uh, and we cordial. It's it's not like no big ups or nothing, and and we cordial and just uh from the people down on Newberry Street to the restaurants, like when you when you down there and you're you in it like you you uh, you the musician, you, the you, the you know, the the the man, the the man in high school like that, Like that's how I feel like when you in Boston playing well and you're a part of New England, Like when you're a part of that, Like it's not nowhere you can't go that you want you to feel like I ain't supposed to be here. Everything welcome and everything open, so I would I would have made sure I never left the building.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get into this NFL news, guys. The Steelers have found their starting quarterback. Aaron Rodgers put pen the paper on a one year deal. He signed a one year thirteen point six five million dollars of passing the physical at the team facility on Saturday. Sources told Adam Schefter the deals include ten million guaranteed and with incentives, can reach nineteen point five million.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe, let's go to you. What do you? What do you think?
Speaker 2: What do you What are your expectations from Aaron Rodgers, And what will he give the Steelers?
Speaker 5: Hey, listen, he would he gives the Stealers. You give the Steelers hope, you get a Steelers organization, you give the Steelers fans, he gives him hope. You look at the AFC North, it's dominated by Lamar Jackson Joe Burrow. And I'm not sure what the Cleveland situation is that it looked like. But Flacko obviously has has inside track to start. Yeah, inside track because he's been the AFC nor before being in Baltimore and having success in Cleveland when he when he came in to start for Deshaun Watson when he got hurt. So Aaron Rodgers is better than everything that the Steelers have outside of him at the quarterback position. And that's no disrespect to them. That's no disrespect to Mason Rudolph and whoever else they have there they have at the Helm. But Aaron Rodgers, if he can show glimpses, just glimpses of what he was once in the past, I think they would be okay. They have enough pizzas around him obviously. DK Metcalf, I'm not sure who the who the who the running back.
Speaker 2: Is they got Austin and they got Robert Woods.
Speaker 5: Oh, and Robert Woods is there he has he has a nice supporting cast around him, and you need the supporting cast to be on point to make it job easier. Because Aaron Rodgers is not in the position again to elevate those around him. He gonna need to help from those he's surrounded by.
Speaker 3: What do you think you done? What you think about this deal? You like? You like it? Oh?
Speaker 6: Well, I think uh, I think the Steelers are like they are there. They get hurt from the greatness of Mike toms Mike Tomlin always gonna have them in contention, so they can't go and form a quarterback from the draft. So I think this they I think this is their best pick. Like there's nobody else out there. Uh listen, there's nobody else unless you want to make a trade, but nobody really trading no good quarterback like that. And so uh if Aaron Rodgerson come in and complete passes and be good in the locker room and do enough, they gonna be in the playoffs again. Because just how Mike Thomlins had that physical defense. Uh, They're always gonna have a great pass rush with with Cam and h t SONA, it's gonna be hard for them to be bad. They just can't mess it up on offense.
Speaker 2: The team announced that Rogers will wear the number eight. He wore the same number in New York after wearing twelve. In Green Bay, Terry Bradshaw wore number twelve, and though it's not officially retired, the team doesn't typically give out that number. I think Joe Green seventy five. I think Ernie Stoutner seventy. I think though, I think it's like three numbers that are officially officially retired, but I don't think they've They've given out like thirty two.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 2: The number is another number that I don't think they've given out, fifty eight, forty seven, like Lamb mal Blunt.
Speaker 3: But there are certain you.
Speaker 2: Know, obviously from that Steel Curtain era in which they won forced the Bowl in six years, some of those guys have numbers, and even though they're not officially retired, no one I don't think it's worn those numbers since. But I know I think Joe Green, yep, Frank o'harris okay, Ernie Stoutner de tackle his numbers retired seventy Joe Green seventy five, Frank o'harris thirty two numbers not officially retired but not reissued, Terry Bradshaw's twelve, Troy Polamalu forty three, Jack Lambert's fifty eight, Jack Ham fifty nine, Dermani Dawson's sixty three, and number eighty six Hines ward.
Speaker 5: Well eighty six retired.
Speaker 3: It's not retired, but they haven't reissued it since left.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: You know also you know Aaron Ward ate it at New York, but you know he was eight cols. Yeah, yeah, Cally Well he was eight. So hopefully can get some of that, some of that that that cal Berkeley magic back in the system, right though, the help those stealers out because listen, if if.
Speaker 2: That's a very tough division at the top, yeah, you got the Ravens in Cincinnati.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if he doesn't play well, If he doesn't play well, you know, players get coaches fired. Many Momin could be on the hot seat for making obviously, had he had him wait, he had the whole organization waiting. He's coming in. Obviously he signed because they got mini camp coming up very soon, mandatory mini camp, and he wants to be a part of that, which is also a good thing. That's a good sign. That lets that lets me know that he's buying it as opposed to what he did last season out there in New York. So that's a good thing. But I think if they have a bad season, I.
Speaker 6: Don't think you think Mike Tomlin on the hot seat.
Speaker 3: Not him. Excuse me, no, he just signed didn't just signed an extension.
Speaker 6: That don't matter what that means. They pay that all every year.
Speaker 5: Listen, they were they was already talking about it last year.
Speaker 2: Bro talk about the Steelers haven't fired the coach in sixty nine. I was born in sixteen. I'm about to be fifty seven, So they haven't fired the coach in fifty six years.
Speaker 3: And you just said Judi and the man hadn't had a losing season.
Speaker 6: He never gonna have a losing season. He trained him so well, They play so hard for Mike Tomins. He's now gonna have a losing season.
Speaker 5: That's enough.
Speaker 3: That's enough.
Speaker 5: Just haven't just haven't just just.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't think it's enough because he the one that said the standard is the standard. Well, if the standard is getting to and compete for Super Bowl. They hadn't competed for a Super Bowl a long time. That had Nobody thought, even though they make the playoffs, oldest man, the Steelers are a threat. When were the last time that someone thought that Steelers would be a threat in the playoffs?
Speaker 5: When they had Paula Malo, when they had Ike Taylor.
Speaker 2: Man, Paula Malu retired, he in the Hall of Fame, so he had to wait at least five years to get into the hall. So we talked about at least at the bare minimum five.
Speaker 5: Were you You asked win? That's that's an ass win. When they had Way when their identity was their defense, they hadn't.
Speaker 3: Been a serious threat since then.
Speaker 6: But but do you mean that that mean change? Did that mean change? We we ain't been a serious dead or or we have been so consistent that we just haven't got the right person. They haven't. They haven't had a quarterback that's there since being in Whose fault is that there's consistency?
Speaker 3: They had an.
Speaker 2: Opportunity they could a true and they have been Roethlisberger, and they thought Bread was gonna pay play like Tom Brady. You know he wasn't because he's been involved in too many crashes. He's taking too much punishment. So what you do is that what good teams do? What did Kansas City do draft a quarterback and they still had one on the roster. What did Baltimore do when they had Joe Flacco? You were there, They drafted a quarterback? You see what good team? What the Green Bay do? Draft the quarterback? What the Green Bay do with Aaron Rodgers? Draft the quarterback? You see what everybody does. You don't wait. If you wait till your car break downside the road, it's too late, you already stranded.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, but is that my fault?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, they might got no say.
Speaker 3: You don't think might got no say.
Speaker 6: If he say get us a quarterback, get us a quarterback, Please get us a quarterback, and they don't get us a quarterback, how y'all gonna get mad at me?
Speaker 2: You give Mike all that, you give all that Mike credits say he never gonna have he never gonna have him in a losing situation.
Speaker 3: So who drafting those players? The dream of Mike Tomlin?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, I mean, I mean, we don't know what go on in a war room, but you can't you can't just say, well, it's Mike Tomlin. Mike Tomlin won a quarterback.
Speaker 2: Matt hold o, Jo, Matthew, You mean to tell me a man that's been there, damn near twenty years.
Speaker 3: He ain't got no say.
Speaker 6: How long has Jim been there?
Speaker 3: Not before, not as long as Mike Tomlin.
Speaker 6: I ain't never heard of still as fine, no gym or getting a new gym.
Speaker 3: Also heard him? I tell you what you ever heard of him? Fire the coach? No, exactly.
Speaker 2: So my thing is, when you there that long, you have some say, you have some sale free the fifty three, you have some say in free agency, and you that at how long Mike Tomlin been there? My coach Kyle retired in two thousand. They won the Super Bowl in five. He came back in six, so he retired in seven. He's been there nineteen years.
Speaker 3: You not.
Speaker 2: There's no coach that's been anywhere for nineteen years that does not have safe I refuse to believe that.
Speaker 6: I don't know who this is.
Speaker 5: Hold On, hold on, dude, I don't. I don't even think it's about saying I'm thinking about the relationship that Ben Roethlisberger might have had with upper management with those yeah, a.
Speaker 3: Great relationship with Mike Tomlin too.
Speaker 5: No no no no no no no no no no no no, because if Mike Tomlin, Mike Tomlin is the head coach, he's been a very long time.
Speaker 3: Yes, somemon knows.
Speaker 5: At some point I'm going to have to find your successor at some point you look at you, you look at the landscape of the league. Those that didn't do it, look what's happening now.
Speaker 3: Might do it.
Speaker 5: That's why, that's why I think that the calling was above Mike Tomlin's pay grade.
Speaker 3: I disagree.
Speaker 6: I mean, your starring quarterback, your franchise quarterback, is getting paid more than the coach. Yes, dumb, dumb, relationships might be a little stronger than the even though the coach been there longer, he more teened. I think, well, I mean, we're paying this dude only seventeen million a year. We're paying this dude fifty.
Speaker 2: We understand that Mike Tomlin had a very strong relationship he He's always had a very strong relationship with his star players. We know that based on the history. We know that being and when ab was there and a lot of these other guys. We know how he feels about these great players. But in order to keep this from happening to you, if you do not get a bridge, if you wait till somebody burn your bridge down, how the hell do you get to the other side. I gave you examples. Kansas City Alex Smith was a Pro Bowl quarterback.
Speaker 6: What did they do, Matty? But when but when you see that, when you see that they went and got which buddy from Pitt they win?
Speaker 2: God, man, stop playing picketing out front. No, no, we won't go.
Speaker 6: But we gotta we gotta put that on somebody. We gotta we gotta put that on somebody. When when somebody don't turn out in the draft, how you think they are not saying he's a bad player. They didn't like him for the system and they didn't like what he was doing, so they had to move on. Do you put that on the coach or do you put that on the person that selects and pays the players.
Speaker 2: I think the thing is is that I believe there are there are drafts that they had better quarterback options.
Speaker 3: And that's the thing.
Speaker 2: You could sit back and say, you know what, next year, this quarterback is good, but you have to move What did the Green Bay do Jordan What did they do with Jordan Love? How much were they paying Aaron Rodgers? And they and after they signed him, they gave him a.
Speaker 3: Big deal.
Speaker 2: Because he was pig absolutely and just like Brett Farr was pissed off when they did what drafted Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, Aaron Rodgers seen a situation play off. He said he already he already knew what was in the cards. So he said, all right, y'all not gonna play me how y'all played Brett, and just move on.
Speaker 2: I can't worry about one year. I got to worry about the next ten fifteen years. So if you just worry about one year and one guy's feelings, you'll be stuck, all right.
Speaker 6: Those in those nineteen years, In those nineteen years, I mean what, I think the only the only player that would have failed that far to him, which is a bad pick, was Lamar.
Speaker 2: No, it's not that you fought. You move up, Patrick Mahomes. They moved up to get Patrick Mahomes. They moved, they moved up to get Jordan Love. You don't have to stay on see you looking at the philosopher. Let somebody fall into my lap. No, if there's somebody you move up to go get them.
Speaker 5: And that's where what I said comes into play. Un pissing off your franchise quarterback. I think the relationship with Ben Roethlisberger and management in GM and president was much stronger than that of whatever Mike Tomliner might have wanted.
Speaker 3: You think Tomon.
Speaker 5: Didn't want a quarterback when he realized Ben, Okay, you're not moving the same. Oh Ben, you can't throw the same or the velocity on the ball is not the same. Mike Toman can see that stuff. Yeah, it didn't have to say so, regardless of being the coach for nineteen years to go.
Speaker 6: And get who we wanted.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing you still got. You maintained that great relationship. Now, how you look in this part because the Steelers, what's the standard for the Steelers. When we think of Steelers, we think of what O your championship, championship.
Speaker 6: No CEC no, you think of defense? SA you think you think of stell Mike Towmand that's his defense. They abandoned that.
Speaker 2: They abandoned that they got when they got Ben Roethlisberger and they had Antonio Brown and they had leveyon Bell they've been abandoned the defense. When they had the triple bs, they were throwing the ball. Ben roethlisbergers got two five thousand yard severs, he's got four or five hundred yard games.
Speaker 3: They've been abandoned down all way back to that.
Speaker 6: Now they just had they had they had an exposive offense for five six years they had like they had exposive offense. They always had a good wide receiver. They always had a good wide receiver, somebody that get the ball, take the top off. They're always gonna have that defense. When you think Steelers, you think hard hitting defense. You know, you know when you hear that, hey mama around you hear that, don't don't you know that defense about to do something.
Speaker 3: You know that.
Speaker 6: You know that deep Now you know it's gonna be cold, rainy, wet when you go in there. The grass grass ain't worth nothing but defense gonna have to come to play. And so if you're gonna beat the Steelers, you have to keep the ball. You have to know how to run the ball, and you have to limit exposed to play from their offense. That's all you gotta That's how you beat the statey.
Speaker 2: But when the last time they've had explosive plays from the offense. Ben Roethlisberger's been gone, A Be's been gone, Levey yon Bill being gone.
Speaker 3: So what have you known the Steelers to have explosives?
Speaker 6: And that's why that's why George Pickens left the building. George George Pickins want to be he wanna, he wanna dance, he wanna he want to be in the end zone. He wanna, he want to do that. That's why George Pickens left the building. He said, I have I need, I need to the linel like I want. I want to see I want to see how that feels. He want to be Jamar Chase. He wanted he's seen, he's seen what that looked like in the division, and he said, I can't get that here.
Speaker 2: Right, Matthew, thanks for joining us tonight, man, best de luck in free agency. Come back when you when you get something penciled in, come back and Jordans and let us know where you're going.
Speaker 6: All right, I got y'all appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it, bro all right, my boy god, oh Joe.
Speaker 5: Hey, hey y'all, hey, before you start, like like real quick, real quick, I just I just want to say something to you. I'm gonna say it in cold a little bit. You understand what I'm saying, even even though it's Mike, Even though it's Mike, I don't think he has the pool, even though he's the head coach to override pissing off the franchise quarterback.
Speaker 3: Stay with me. He got I get you what you're saying. But you got more pool, do you think?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Absolutely, because he's been there so long. But with that, with that centerpiece that been there that long.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying. I'm not saying. I'm not saying he's got had Bill Belichick pool. Now, I'm not saying he got Andy Reid type pool.
Speaker 3: Bill. He might have. He might be next in line with when it come to Pool.
Speaker 5: Right right right right, I got you, I got you on the same.
Speaker 3: Can think about it.
Speaker 2: They went out, they got Joe Flacco, who led them to a Super Bowl. What they gonna do They trade back into the first round, give up next year's first round pick to get Lamar.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 5: You know you can see it, right, you know when your players decline and yes, things are the same, especially at the quarterback position. You can see it. The funny thing about it is how much do players or how much are they self aware that they're declining.
Speaker 6: It?
Speaker 5: It starts slipping.
Speaker 2: It's hard because, Ojo, you don't want to believe it, because you've been great for so long. You don't want to believe it, and so you turn you l oot to yourself, You lie to yourself, You lie to yourself.
Speaker 5: Hey boy, you turn that film on and be like, is.
Speaker 6: That damn it?
Speaker 3: Damn he moving slow? I'm like, oh that's me.
Speaker 2: Man who run like they got on Tims who run it like they got Tim's on on the field.
Speaker 5: Or that camera, that camera, that eye in the sky would embarrass.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, uh o Jo. Adam Sandler to cast Deck. We we ain't got I mean, we ain't got what you call him?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Oh you just wrote that in there. That what you just wrote this, this tweeted that happen.
Speaker 5: Well what have.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Jordan Tuck, Yeah, Jordan Tuck made a good point on Twitter. Imagine moving on from George Pickings thinking the locker room distraction only to end up with Aaron Rodgers at your quarterback.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, Aaron Rodgers is a different type of distraction, a different type of distraction. Obviously, I think he's not going to cause any problem because his lease is short. Because if you miss you see his backup.
Speaker 3: Sorry, his leash long o.
Speaker 5: Listen, you mess things up in Pittsburgh, where's your next destination?
Speaker 3: Where's your don't get home? Oh? Think about.
Speaker 6: That.
Speaker 5: That's what I meant you, don't you? You you have have the leverage. You don't have the leverage you once had, where you were sought after, where you wanted the best in the league. You're still living off that past resume, which is why he wanted and waited for you to sign this late before mandatory mini camp because they don't have any other options.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: So at year twenty one, I mean, this is gonna be a twenty first season. How many more seasons do you think he really want to play? He want to subject himself getting up studying film, studying film all day money, studying film all day Tuesday, watching film after practice on Wednesday Thursday.
Speaker 3: And you know how long you think Aaron Rodgers wants to do that?
Speaker 5: Listen, Hey, when you see what the AFC North like, ain't no telling where he might be one and done after this season.
Speaker 2: That's my point. I mean, at twenty I mean you take it. First of all, once you get to a certain number of years, you take it a I probably a quarterback. Other positions probably take it year teen. Quarterbacks probably take it at year fifteen, especially the way they protect them now. So he's gotten six years past year fifteen. Yeah, and like you, I don't think he's trying to eclipse Tom. He trying to play twenty four You think you try to play twenty four seasons.
Speaker 5: Ain't no telling, Ain't no telling, because I obviously they will continue to sign him the one year deals if they go well.
Speaker 3: Listen, I mean it's a very teen friendly contract. I mean thirteen.
Speaker 5: Nothing nothing, nothing, that's nothing. I'm listen. I love the Steelers. I don't want them to do well. I want them to do well except when they play the Bengals. I want DK Metcalf, I want Calvin Olson the third, and I want Robert Moore. They have Robert Woods, Robert Wood. I'm sorry Robert Woods to have phenomenal seasons like they can. Just I just want to see him do well. For Mike tomas sake, I steal a fans that has always been good to me. I fucking love all of them. But when you play the Bengals. Y'all get y'all ass.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, we all heard with Joe Flackol's comments about being a mentor or not being a mental should do. Russell Wilson was asked about how he approaches mentorship with Giants QB Room, including first round draft pick. Jackson dark, I've always viewed it as I've always tried to be at the very version of you, and then you're always giving back to everyone else. I think I think that's just not about one teammate. It's about all the teammates. It's about everybody in the building. It's about from all the way to the from the quarterback room to the receivers.
Speaker 3: To the running back.
Speaker 2: So it's like, to me, it's all inclusive, and that's always the approach. Russ says, I'm not just trying to middle the quarterbacks. I'm trying to middle receivers. I'm trying to mentor running backs. I'm trying to be the best because I feel if I give to you, you're gonna give back to me, and then we'll all give back to the team and then we'll succeed.
Speaker 3: You like what Russ had to say.
Speaker 5: Can you can't ask that man, Rush, that's the preacher. The preacher always gonna say the right thing. Huh, you can't you can't ask you can't ask Rush, that man. You got to ask you. You got to ask somebody else that question. You know, say that Russ is going to always say the right thing. Russ is gonna run for office. Rus's gonna run for mayor. Hell, Russell run for goddamn president. Right, man, he had, He has the gift of gas. He understands the position that he's in. He's been afforded another opportunity to prove himself, which I think he will do. But in that situation, he has to say that does he really feel that way? Absolutely not. Hell, this motherfucker is here to take my goddamn job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he first round pick.
Speaker 5: Out of my mouth, he's the first round pick.
Speaker 3: I know, my least is short. Yeah, not to say that.
Speaker 5: Does he really feel it? Absolutely not. As a competitor, as a football player, and.
Speaker 2: The thing and the thing chose. Look, it doesn't matter how long. You know, Russ came in in twenty twelve. So this is here, what fourteen for us? You're fourteen for us?
Speaker 6: Good years, good years.
Speaker 2: So he's like, man, you try to speed up my process to get up out of the league.
Speaker 5: I'm on that. That's what is I mean. Mentor of course, man, she better you better, you better get it on your own. Hey, just think about just think about that, people in the chat, people in the chat that's listening. Think about somebody coming to your job that's brand new and your boss telling you to train them to take your job. That's all it is.
Speaker 3: And we use the word.
Speaker 5: Mentor as like as if what you mean mentor like come on now. They make it sound like it's a good thing when it's really not a good thing. The person is there to replace you. When you're telling me the training man to take my.
Speaker 3: Job, what are you talking about? Oh you get a man some porners. Oh your damn. Tell the man how to beat man covey. Tell the man. How do y'all sit down in the zone.
Speaker 5: Look, turn on the film.
Speaker 2: You gotta talk to him. He said, man, hey, let me tell you what I do, then what you do. This is what this is what I.
Speaker 5: Do now, because listen, you don't we don't have the same DNA. We don't have the same DNA, we don't have the same quick it's fibers. So even if I do tell you what to do, you're not gonna be able to do it because I stopped.
Speaker 3: I just want you to tell him. I just want to say, hey, I learned from Oyo.
Speaker 5: Listen, mad Man, tell you how to get open on everything.
Speaker 2: Hey, you remember how they've got everybody to man. I would train with Kobe. I trained what Elijah want you know, I just want to you know, I just want to say I trained with I want to train with I trained with Bruce Lee.
Speaker 6: That what I want to say. I trained with Bruce Lee.
Speaker 5: Hey, and don't look nothing like you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody's gonna have their opinions.
Speaker 2: It's it's very I mean, it all depends on the quarterback because you know, but that's the reason why if you notice starting quarterbacks they take the kneel down and everything, they don't and they do not injury. They're gonna fight through injury because they don't want you to get a look at the backup. The last thing I want you man, you did you look kind of good in Pride the day?
Speaker 3: Oh your dead? Yeah?
Speaker 2: He threw it with some conviction block nah mm hmmm. He can get them. Scout team refs. But he ain't getting no reffs with them number one receivers. That ain't happening.
Speaker 6: Damn yeh.
Speaker 2: So I look, it's to each one. It's each one. I mean, everybody. There's no right, there's no wrong. As long as you're not you know, ay, as long as you're not giving him no faulty information.
Speaker 3: We're good.
Speaker 2: I don't really have I don't really have no problem because I tried to help all the guys. I want to make sure if something were to happen to me, oh Jo, they were prepared to go in there, get them out, high level. But you know, I get it from the other stand because, like I said, I mentioned all those guys, and you know, Mike felt they were good enough to replace me. And then the same thing happened. When I got got to Baltimore. They drafted Todd Todd heat after we won the Super Bowl. I tried to, you know, do the best I could and mentor him, and they're like, well, yeah, he good now, so they released me and I had to go back to I had to go back to Denver.
Speaker 3: So I don't know it is what it is. I was good.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't. Let's just say with you, I wasn't disappointed to go back to Denver.
Speaker 5: I got you, I got you.
Speaker 3: All right. Here we go, Oh Joe, this is that.
Speaker 4: Now we were in your real Lamar Jackson is now the only AFC starting quarterback without a Super Bowl appearance.
Speaker 3: AFC North.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Aaron Rodgers, he beat the Steelers in Super Bowl thirty five. Well know I'm saying, but he beat the Steelers, so he's been to one. Joe Burrow's been to one. We know Flacco has been to one. Lamar Jackson has none. Is will this be the season that Lamar Jackson gets to a Super Bowl?
Speaker 5: You know, I don't know if it's gonna be the season, but he will get that before he's done playing. I know that much. That AFC North is so unpredictable, especially with the Bengals. Sure how they will start off this season, you can kind of count, you can kind of count the Ravens and the Ravens and being in every every season as long as Lamar Jackson as there, regardless of what pieces he has around him, him alone can get them to the playoffs by by himself. And then the support has always always been phenomenal. And but you always know Lamar Jackson is gonna give you this. It's like when you when you watch when you watch giann and play Uncle, like you said he gonna get at thirty and you watch SGA play, You're gonna give you at thirty. That's the same way Lamar Jackson is. That's why he gets paid the big bucks. As far as the Super Bowl is concerned, I'm not sure if it will be this year, but if it is this year, it would be because they go to the playoff games each week and they have no effing turnovers, no term. That's the only reason that kept him out, because.
Speaker 3: They went like nine weeks in the regular season and they have a turnover ojo.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And you get to the biggest game where it matters most and you turn it over twice and then you still almost had an opportunity to come back and win. But that's what it comes down to, you know. So I'm excited for him, even even as a Bengal man. I'm I'm excited for Lamar in general, you know, to take my my Bengal Bengals start them. You know, I can put that aside and actually root for the young bull Man to want to see him do well.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, it's.
Speaker 5: Oh my bad. I mean yeah, you know, we know what.
Speaker 3: That's Joe. That's all you're talking, y'all, leave a give a break. That's old Joe.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I just I just I would. I would just want to see him do well.
Speaker 3: Joe.
Speaker 4: What you think this the year? I think so. Uh you know, they they went on a great run. I thought this past NFL season, and for me, I feel like they got everything in the tool box as far as uh defense, offensively, their high power offensive machine. And I can see it happening. I can see it happening. You just need to get to one.
Speaker 5: Oh Joe, that's it. Get that monkey off when he needs.
Speaker 3: Too good.
Speaker 2: I mean he's too good. I mean he's too good. I mean, look at he could. He could easily be a three time league MVP.
Speaker 3: Ojoe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's got to. They cheated him.
Speaker 2: Look this, I think this was like the second the third time that's ever happened a guy. Because normally the guy that the quarterback that goes to the that is the All Pro, he normally wins the m v P eighty seven.
Speaker 3: That happened with Joe Montana.
Speaker 2: Joe Montanna with the first team All Pro quarterback John elwill win the MVP. Did it happen another year. I think it's happened two or three times. This was the This was the second or the third time that it's happened. I know it happened in eighty seven. Eighty seven was a strike year.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 2: That was my sophomore year in college. I remember that. So, so you're saying he just needed to get there. If he gets there and play, well, you know, we're like, well, you know what, ain't nothing else he could do it. It's kind of like Tom when Tom lost too, when he lost to the Eagles, he threw for five hundred yards. Yeah, they were like, well, he didn't stop anybody. He just needs he needs to get there. I let him get there.
Speaker 3: Then I worry about whether he plays will or not. I just want him to get there. That's all I want.
Speaker 4: I just want to say, I don't want I want to see him on that big stage. That's the hell of a division and that's a gauntlet.
Speaker 3: Boy.
Speaker 2: You gotta yeah, and you and you think about it, you still got because you think at ALC you got Joe Burrow and you got him in the same division.
Speaker 3: You still got my homeboy, and you got Josh Allen.
Speaker 5: You don't know what Aaron Rodgers you to get. You ain't gonna get Aaron Rodgers of old, but you're gonna get glimpses and and then hot flashes of what he used to be. And that ain't just enough to get him steal his fans, steal a fans hope and the organization in general, which is why they waited.
Speaker 6: On his ass.
Speaker 2: Not all Steeler fans are excited about Aaron Rodgers signing with their team, especially this one.
Speaker 3: Let's take a listen. Look at this video.
Speaker 1: Joe Joe Today, June fifth, twenty twenty five. I'll never be a Steelers fan again.
Speaker 5: Autograph, Mega Jersey.
Speaker 3: I'm burning all.
Speaker 6: My Steelers stuff.
Speaker 5: He's decided to pick up Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 1: I can't do this anymore. You kill us, you keep killing us. You let go George Pickens, you know what I mean. You let go Justin Fields.
Speaker 6: He could have.
Speaker 1: He had a potential to be something. It's just it's crazy, it's sad. So again, today is my last day being a Steelers fan. So thank you Rooneyes, thank you Tomlin.
Speaker 6: You really did it.
Speaker 3: Bye bye.
Speaker 2: I would have kept my jersey, and I'll come back Joe if I don't like somebody joining the tea, Okay, I'll put my my fandom aside when he leaves.
Speaker 3: Come back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hey he listened, He laughing, because listen, if he a true Stealers fan, he'll be burning some a recent jersey. He burned the mea fix pactic man, mink ain't been there and I got damn MinC still there. Oh think about Mika went from from from the Dolphins to the dam But no, no, no, no, he't no real he' no real fans.
Speaker 3: Stay down?
Speaker 6: Hold on?
Speaker 5: How you a Stealers fan?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: How you're still his fan? You understand what you have at the quarterback position right knowing you don't have a chance to win what you have to play quarterback for you right now you've already seen before.
Speaker 3: But you mad Aaron.
Speaker 5: Rodgers, who's who's eons better even as bad as he was last year. EON's betting what you have right now? But oh now you don't want to be a fan of all? You burning the megaphis Paty jersey.
Speaker 4: I think you at least got to give it a chance. You, I mean seven started, Yet.
Speaker 2: You know you're always from the Yeah, I mean what probably, but not one hundred. Listen, you still got all of July August.
Speaker 3: I give it a half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you you still probably about ninety something days, don't Joe.
Speaker 3: This is what Cam.
Speaker 2: Hayward said starts. First off, why Meeker's jersey? That's bonkers? Second, why burn there are plenty of people that needs clothes. Third, you're going to regret it?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. I want to know when did this? When did this start burning jersey? Joe? Yeah? Yeah, when Lebron did that?
Speaker 5: Uh, the Miami, the decision, the choice, the decision. Yeah, people went that was that was I could be wrong, but that was the first time I saw it. I think I couldn't wrong. It might have happened before, but I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't recall.
Speaker 5: Something a minute. They burning jerseys.
Speaker 3: Didn't y'all pay for the exactly?
Speaker 5: That's the first How you burning something you paid?
Speaker 3: Burn? It's a sign jersey, and it's emotional decision.
Speaker 4: Man. You know, some people can't control fellas. They can't control their emotion. They have to they have to last shout. It's just part of Oh we gotta go with Joe.
Speaker 2: Guys, George Love can't wait to face Aaron Rodgers when the Packers play the Steelers. Packers visit the Steelers on Sunday Night Football Week eight, and George Love already has it circled on his calendar. It's going to be fun, It's going to be awesome. I'm excited for it. I can't wait to be on different sides meeting up and you know, we'll talk, pregame things like that, and hopefully we can exchange jerseys afterwards. I appreciate definitely the way Aaron that a Rod handle being in that situation. I think a big part of it, which he told me, was he knew how it was for him being in the same position and the things that went through the way the situation might have been handled differently. I think his perspective was I'm trying to go about it just a little bit differently, which I think was awesome. And my time with a Rod we had a great relationship. It was awesome being in the same room with him, being able to learn. He was amazing with everything, and I definitely appreciate the way he handled everything on the outside. With obviously him leaving and me taking over, it's been he's been very supportive of me since It's definitely helped me with some of the negativity that might have come with that. But a Rod handled it like a pro and did every and did very right by me. Hey, I think, what is it eight weeks that's about halfway through the season, right, yep.
Speaker 3: So I think a lot of it's.
Speaker 4: Gonna be determined on how how a Rod holds up what it's gonna look like, if can he stay healthy or will he have fresh legs, you know, throughout this season to be effective for you know, to be able to be that quarterback that stills need to get over the hum.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I definitely think a Rod learned being in a very situation that Jordan Love was in. Came in.
Speaker 2: There was a three time league MVP quarterback, a guy that had already been to the Super Bowl, had won a Super Bowl, been to another one that wasn't very receptive of him being there, and a Rod said, you know, probably looked at it like, man, if I remember in that situation, I don't know if I handle it like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, takes a lot of easy. It ain't easy.
Speaker 2: Better the player, the bigger, the ego, O Joe and we know who has the bigger We know who has the bigger, the biggest egos, they just do the best job of hiding it. I've told people that since I was on television twenty plus years ago. I say, the guys with the biggest egos are the quarterbacks. They just do the best job of hiding it because they've been quarterbacks their whole life, normally their dads or someone that been coaching and tell them how to do it. So, but you know why I receive the quarters. We just can't. We just couldn't help ourselves. OCHO.
Speaker 3: Right, Hey, look if it came up, it's coming out. Yeah, tell me something, O. Joe.
Speaker 4: He had just came off with two MVPs right back to back, back to back MVPs. So I don't know, maybe maybe maybe a rid seen and writing on the wall. As far as them trying to move on, Like y'all said, you know, he'd been in that position before.
Speaker 3: He's seen this movie before.
Speaker 4: It's a rerun to him, so he probably didn't want to be a part of that.
Speaker 2: Well, the thing was that they got tired of him holding the organization hostage.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, ain't nothing changed, right, So.
Speaker 2: They're like Okay, they took to the moment they drafted the quarterback. They took the power back and he knew it. Yeh, that's why they did it.
Speaker 5: That's why he was upset. And now and listen, listen, now your piggyback. Based on you heard what you just said. Now you see why Tomlin wasn't allowed to get a quarterback while Ben was still there, based on the relationship that Ben had where everybody upstairs because they understood it would piss him off. And the relationship with them upstairs was much much, much better than that of been in been in the head coach. Yeah, I'm just throwing that back. I'm throwing that back out there.
Speaker 2: Jamar Change gave his mount rushmore of NFL receivers. He got Antonio Brown, Cooper Cup, Calvin Johnson, j Rice, Oh.
Speaker 3: Joe, you like.
Speaker 5: Fuck yeah, a B Calvin Johns.
Speaker 3: H you got him over malson TiO.
Speaker 5: I mean no, that's his. That's why, that's right, that's why it's his list.
Speaker 3: I ain't going that far down.
Speaker 5: Ain't gonna but listen, it's there's about ten players on when you ask somebody's top five, Joe, when the receivers and it's based on preference at that point. It's based on in regards to what the numbers may be. When you say certain names like you can't go wrong, you just can't go wrong. It just comes down the preference on the type of player you like and what they did when they played. But it's so many that that that that belong in that conversation if you just take the numbers away. I know it's always about numbers. Everything is always about numbers. But when you talk about Jerry Rice, and and and and Randy Masson, t O and A B and Mega Tron and Larry f and Gerald, like, it's all interchangeable except Rice. Rice is in the class of his own. Also, want to justin Jefferson, Cheetah and and just.
Speaker 2: You got to see Jerry numbers out he turned thirty. That's what people. Jared had twelve hundred receiving yards at forty Hey.
Speaker 5: I break down.
Speaker 6: Somebody broke it down.
Speaker 5: Somebody broke it down on Twitter and broke it down, and I was like, what the hell? It was crazy?
Speaker 2: He had like he had like ten thousands. He had over like twelve thousand yards at after thirty thirty. That's that dog that's and a lot of that. It was a running league, but ab Ab was phenomenal. I wish Aby could have just like kept it together for a couple more years.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, hey, yeah, he had about a six seven was six seven year eight year stretch.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about. Nobody could do nothing with him.
Speaker 4: Not nope, hey, Nathaniel nothing, No, man, that joke as quick as a cat on a hot ten roof.
Speaker 5: Hey though, you were nice boy, Cooper Cup.
Speaker 2: The thing is, but if you think about it, oh, Joe, Cooper Cup really had that one.
Speaker 5: Season, that triple Crown year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think he might have had two seasons in which he had a thousand.
Speaker 5: Yards yard before that. Actually it is, he said it just right. He had two seasons previous.
Speaker 3: No, I think he had.
Speaker 2: Two season total, and one of them was that triple Crown season. Go pull up, Cooper Cup. I think I can remember he got Remember he towards a cl. Remember that Super Bowl year he towards a cl the year they played the Patriots.
Speaker 6: He had a thousand before that.
Speaker 3: I know, Cooper Cup, how many thousand yard seasons he had?
Speaker 5: I think he had two. I guarantee he had two before that triple crown year watch, he.
Speaker 3: Had two total. That's what I said on you.
Speaker 2: I said two including the triple crown year not too before to total including the triple Crown.
Speaker 3: That's it. That's it. That's it.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, I ain't damn well listen, listen. Being able to achieve at your a crown man in it selfish, that's that's hard. That's difficult. That's that's that's difficult. That's difficult, being consistent all year long, not getting hurt.
Speaker 3: Ship, what do you want to say?
Speaker 2: Four time Pro Bowl running back Nick Chubb is expecting to sign a one year deal with the Houston Texans. The signing is contingent on Chubb passing a physical. The former Cleveland Brown running back would joined the Texans running rushing attack led by Pro Bowl Russia Joe Mixon, Dammian Peers. Uh there a gobale and fourth round pick?
Speaker 3: What he marks out of USC? Oh, Joe? You like this?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean yeah, I do.
Speaker 3: I like it. I like it.
Speaker 5: I mean I'm not does it take away some of some of the carries away from from Joe? I'm not. I'm not sure how that's how that's gonna work. I'm sure they'll find a way. They'll find a way to make it work. I don't. I don't think with Joe being a a number one running back and bring in another one, number another.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know you still got damnian Pierce.
Speaker 2: There you got a goalle uh yeah, fourth round picking wood he marks There ain't no guarantee gonna make the.
Speaker 3: Team, o Joe uh uh uh mick uh Chubb.
Speaker 5: Man, I don't stop playing. Come on now, I don't don't do that. What you mean no guarantee? Hey, I just seen score. I just seen Chubb squad and seven.
Speaker 3: Hundred and fifty pounds last in the power lifting me.
Speaker 5: Hey, listen, he's a power runner and he always has been. Ain't nothing pretty bot him. And when you look at Chubb when you walking dress, you know in the locker room where they had they had a little manneg ball on uniform that Jubus how the ball? Well, listen, listen. He's a down here running man and he's really good. He relies on his offensive line, you know, to get him going. And I don't I don't know, I just I just I don't really I don't like that move of having two number ones or two really really good running backs on the team like that. I mean, it's it's it's similar, but it's two of the same type of backs. I can see if you had something like Jami Gibbs and the Day of Montgomery, but you got two of the same things in the backfield. Really or maybe I could be wrong, Maybe.
Speaker 2: I could Mixing catching the ball a little ball. He's a little more shifty. He's not the kind of He's not really the same type. Uh, Joe mix is kind of more like a Damon Pierce. He more of a power run. I don't really know what he marks, so I don't really know a whole lot about him, so I can't speak to that. But but Joe got a little bit more with a little bit more twitch to it that, uh than the chub.
Speaker 3: Chubby is all power.
Speaker 2: When you when you squat six hundred seven undy pounds, you a power runner.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, hell, I would do. I was doing that in high school.
Speaker 6: I mean, so.
Speaker 5: Damn all right, that's a nice little combo back.
Speaker 3: Big fellah.
Speaker 2: Still didn't pay me my money, Titus, What you thinking about that?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: When I get back, When I get back to Atlanta, I got I'm gonna put my big boar on the screen.
Speaker 3: They look exactly like that black mask.
Speaker 4: Yeah, black mask with that with that tan coat, exactly like.
Speaker 3: Joe.
Speaker 5: Were you at Joe?
Speaker 3: I'm in Detroit.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 4: We uh we we got here with my big three teams Detroit.
Speaker 3: Am.
Speaker 4: We're doing a little mini training camp before we take off to Chicago. Uh this this upcoming weekend and uh playing our first game so uh.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, okay, it's on TV.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's gonna be on CB's baby, you already know prime time. Stop playing, y'all.
Speaker 5: Oh, y'all got money brown for to be I'm mean today.
Speaker 3: Come on now, come on now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if i'mbody you dog food Ocho got your fifty nine?
Speaker 3: Man? What got your buddy? Hey? Ceedee.
Speaker 2: Lamb speaks about the worst ever contract hold out in twenty twenty four. He missed all training camp and mandatory mini camps in twenty twenty four offseason. The Cowboys and Lamb found middle ground with less than two weeks left in the season opener.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 2: He talked about missing off season of practice session and it might have been impacted last year's performance. Uh, I don't know somebody I know what somebody else, not camp Croup said. But anyway, honestly, it was the worst. It was the worst ever. Do you hear me? For those who know me, they know how serious I take this football stuff, Like with everything in me. I pride, my body, mind, sold everything I got into winning and the result of it. And obviously preparation goes into that, you know. And for me to miss out or write preparation with my team, my quarterback, my guys, just building those bonds off the field, whatever the case may be. You know what I'm saying, Like I missed out on that.
Speaker 4: Hey, I agree, fellas. Look, rhythm and timing. You can't make that up. You cannot make that up. You gotta be out there. You gotta be in the thick of you gotta be tuned in. And I thought that the entire season. I'm like, man, see he gonna come back, He probably gonna have a week of preparation.
Speaker 2: It ain't gonna be no good. Yeah, you know what I mean. My thing was worried about getting mecked ojo. You know how it is, man, when you come in there and they try to put all they try to get all the time that you missed. They try to put it back in a couple of practices, and now you got soft tissue, you got a calf, you got a hamstring, you got a quad, you got an adductor or something like that.
Speaker 3: I'm like, damn, bro, I just got here. Let me build up.
Speaker 2: You ain't gotta get all these practices back in for two days.
Speaker 4: Hey, look, that's probably why they They probably blowing up your phone, making sure you're working out, getting a little training on your own, versus just kind of sitting around waiting, you know, to kind of see if things gonna pan out. But yeah, I agree, man, I think having this this offseason with the with the crew, I think they I think I think them boys gonna be much better this year.
Speaker 6: O Yo, they're gonna be all right.
Speaker 5: They're gonna be O listen, I said they were gonna be alright anyway. Even even if they didn't have George Pickens, I think it would have been a better year for them. But the addition to him. Offensively, I don't know what they do will look like defensively, but offensively, I know them boys for the shakes of things. Now they finna shakes some dikes now and they didn't have no choice. Jerry didn't have a choice but to make a move like this, with every every other team in that NFC improving around, Look what the CAMN is doing. Look at the Eagles. We share your know what the you know? So in order in order to compete in that NFC by itself, just in your division alone forgetting getting too the playoffs, I need to be able to compete in my own division. You got to improve as much as you can and stop playing around and hurry and pay Michael. We'll be waiting for on that end.
Speaker 3: They do.
Speaker 5: He does the same thing, but every player every year left. I don't understand what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I he tried, he tried.
Speaker 2: He tried to circumvent David Mugletter, and I like Michael Michael like, I don't have to be I don't have to be the highest paid. I'm saying that publicly behind the scenes, go get that money, day, thank.
Speaker 3: You, Go get that money, Dave. I'm saying all the right things publicly.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but probably Hey, when that contract is announced, I'm the highest paid nine quarterback.
Speaker 3: I jump, I leap frog.
Speaker 5: Chase mm hmm, as it should be.
Speaker 2: Jaalen Carlos Jayleen Jalen Carter says it says hamburger helper is his favorite food. My mom cooks hamburger helper. I love it. I could eat it every day. She calls me to come eat, and when I get the plate, it's gonna be a minute.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Ay, you're real one.
Speaker 6: You're real one.
Speaker 5: Hamburger helper. I never forget them days.
Speaker 4: Had no hamburger helper man stopping? What mm hmmm, you ain't never hamburger helper.
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 5: Come on, man, see you know.
Speaker 2: What Grandma, my grandma, My grandma ain't had nobody, no money helper.
Speaker 3: So unless you got money help, you can't get no hamburger helper.
Speaker 5: Ain't hamburger helper. You know that is very expensive even still to this day.
Speaker 3: Now I might have I'm gonna have to get me some. Oh man, and.
Speaker 5: Five ain't nothing. Ain't nothing you ever had cream wheat?
Speaker 3: I've had cream and wheat. I ain't.
Speaker 2: I'm a grits guy. Joe, you grizz are cream and week cream and wheat.
Speaker 3: You're from ukanstas to my cream of weed. Yeah, I ain't no gris guy.
Speaker 5: My granddad used to use the evaporated milk with the with the cow in the can you know what imking? Yeah, Like, okay, you your stuff, bro.
Speaker 3: We used to I wonder, you know what, on't Joe.
Speaker 2: It wasn't until I got grown that I realized that you weren't supposed to drink, that you weren't supposed to eat that you cooked with that milk. I wonder why my stomach was always tore about, like every time I eat cereal, Joe, I ain't like I was like, dang, I was like, why am my stomach every time I eat cereal? My stomach be messed up. It wasn't til I got grown. You're supposed to cook with evaporated milk. You don't supposed to.
Speaker 6: Just eat at Joe.
Speaker 2: Man running through me like water through a foreign tourist. You know what I'm saying. Hey, we used to be some sirial eating jokes.
Speaker 4: Boy, I'm talking about at least five six bowls a day.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I used to you.
Speaker 2: Ay, I tell you what you better let Hey, you better make that cerial last a til a grand to get another pay check. You eat four five bowls if you want to, you go go a whole week or two without.
Speaker 4: Hey, I was the only one in the house mom being worked. Hey, I bet I've had some cereal up. I'm gonna go through some cereal.
Speaker 2: But hey, it wasn't no we eating cornflakes, cornflakes, big corplate roost on there. You ain't get all that other stuff, no cheeriolds, no frosty flakes, all that other stuff, you know, fruit loops and digam smacks, and and and and cinematoad.
Speaker 3: You wasn't getting none of that. You know, we did have list king vitamins.
Speaker 5: And then don't hit your mama talked about it's only a little bit of a little bit of milk left. It ain't enough milk for the cereal. Water to that ship. Add some water to that milk.
Speaker 2: Hey, oh, Jo, put a little water that thing and shake that thing up so you don't shake it up, Glen, That water gonna be sitting right there on the top.
Speaker 5: Oh,