Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters.
Speaker 3: At the Star.
Speaker 1: Now your hosts Barry Church, Anthony dor set De, Montrey Moore, and Newly Scrugs.
Speaker 4: All right, Alabama started up the alumni.
Speaker 3: All right, players, ladd, we are we good. We couldn't rolling there.
Speaker 2: We're there.
Speaker 5: Got Anthony Dorset right here, got Trey Moore. I'm newly Scrugs. Barry Church is unavailable on assignment.
Speaker 6: A little bit too busy, too busy.
Speaker 5: Cowboys training camp is going on here at ox Star, California. You're here at the Cowboys headquarters in Frisco, Texas.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go out there tomorrow.
Speaker 2: And exclusive hold it down. Be nice.
Speaker 3: Yes I am.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 5: I'm thinking the official sponsored airline of the Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Go ahead on flying to Santa Barbara. Yeah, brand adorse me, I like that.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, yeah, go.
Speaker 5: With the company playing. But pads were popping yesterday. Pads were popping, and I hate that I wasn't there when I think about it now, but I was a family reunion.
Speaker 4: But first, right, first past Rob Jones.
Speaker 5: Guard Rob Jones is gonna miss the next two to three months with a broken bone into the broken bones in his neck and Cowboys said coach Brian Shotehimer said it happened on a kickback block. So he did say earlier in the week last week, we're gonna be physical football team. It's gonna be physical out here. And he made no apologies at this press conference today. This is football, so what it is.
Speaker 3: He said.
Speaker 5: Rob was having a good camp and there were some he was taking the first team reps ahead of Tyler Booker. Clearly that's not going to be the case. He was even working with Booker on techniques. So he's trying to be a good teammate. Sir Trey as a deep former defensive lineman and with the Cowboys, when you see something like this happens day one, what goes through your mind.
Speaker 3: It's a player.
Speaker 2: Everybody go down every day. Be That's what Cameron said.
Speaker 7: But when you see this, not to make too many jokes about it, it's football. My heart goes out to him. And that's a major injury, especially a neck injury. Normally you hear about soft tissue stuff, but as far as that in those trenches, when you hear about an injury like this, like you can't help but think about just technique and the way that that looks and how everything goes from there, Like to have a major injury in your neck like that. It's tough, but it also lets you know that he's a shot, he's a man of his word. He said, you're coming in, you're bumping, were about to be hidding, and we're about to be thumping. And so to go out there, you just wonder like, hey, was this a technique error or is just that? But regardless, this is putting more pressure on Bookers. So now I want to see what he's gonna do. Like sometimes, like back in the day, they used to throw you in the pool and say you gotta go swim, Like, guess what, Booker, You're about to swim right now.
Speaker 2: So I want to see if he's gonna swim.
Speaker 5: Before they did a little bit of that, and he was having a couple of struggles, a lot coming at him, and that's when Rob Jones came in there, played a little bit. But now now Todd Booker's right back out there.
Speaker 7: But it's different though, when you don't have a safety net behind you. When you got a safety net behind you and stuff like that, or you know, you gotta vet the like that veteranship, no matter if he's a starter or whoever he is, that is that's helping you make that transition to not have him out there. You know, you're gonna have some eyes now that he's gonna be sitting back there coaching, but to now learn from him, get those reps and see him behind him, that's gonna it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be speak volumes to this game.
Speaker 7: And now he's gonna have to go on the trial and or he's gonna have to sit there and talk to you know, the other offensive lineman. Can y'all help me along while still trying to learn this system?
Speaker 6: So yeah, I think that, you know, just like Marche is saying, like, no no plan B now I'm saying he's gonna have to get out there. He's gonna have to earn those stripes and hopefully with the reps that he was taking and trying to learn from Rob before he got hurt, it paid some dividends for him. But you know, it's it's that time of year. What what year is this for him. Now this is what second third year for Tyler Nookie? Oh yeah, so so right now, so he got a weekend? Yeah yeah, so that's why That's what I was when you said reps he you say you got half a practice? Yeah, so so I was. I was actually thinking he was his second year. I was gotting confused somebody else.
Speaker 2: It's the other guard that you're thinking of.
Speaker 6: Yeahler STOLISI okay, that's got you got you? Yeah, so now right now, man, he gotta get it, you know what I'm saying. And so you know he I'm sure he was. He's drafted to be in that position, you know what I'm saying. So you know, hopefully with with with uh getting put in the fire, going up against those first team d D linemen as well, he's gonna have to go to He's going to figure it out real quick.
Speaker 2: It is that that I've seen an interesting quote yesterday.
Speaker 7: I forgot who, but it was two offensive lineman knew you posted in the group chat. He said, man, going against this D linean and stuff like that. You know, you praise up your teammates and Tyler guy, but with him giving you want to I wonder how much of this is fluff? Is this really you just pumping up your teammates and saying this, or is this really you? Like, hey, we see Michael Parson as coming from these guys. Oh is taking over right now? Like I really want to know how good is this defensive line? And if the defensive line is as good as they're saying there are, he's going to Booker's gonna learn early, like when he goes against those other guys, he's gonna be like, hey, when I was I think about my tenure here, I had to go against Tyron Smith. You have to go against guys like Travis Frederick, Zach Martin sitting in there.
Speaker 2: So when we.
Speaker 7: Went against these other offensive Island, it was shoot Joe Joe. It was it Joe Looney, that was Tobacco, Say Joe. Big Joe was back there, like you had guys of those calibers to where it was like, hey, we're still have talent. And when I played other guys, it was like it wasn't as much as so you wonder that you have that type of depth right now better.
Speaker 6: I mean, he's saying from I just read the same thing that you're talking about, and I remember him saying that with the mixture of the guys you know, and throwing different guys in and out, the scheme is looking like there's going to be a lot of problems for offensive linemen. So you know, in practice, him getting these reps, going up against that D line, going up against the random number of guys too as well, he's gonna come along pretty fast.
Speaker 5: So no surgery is what I've read initially right now for Rob Jones, That's what I'm reading initially right here. So two to three months he's back. As a player who's going through something like that this early in camp, Heady, what goes through your mind because you were, you know, trying to make the team. You've got a contract here, you're looking forward to a whole new starting band right out of the gate, first practicing, I get a major injury.
Speaker 4: Let's just keep it one hundred.
Speaker 6: Everybody wants to start in the league, So right now you're looking at, Okay, I'm not going to have a possibility of starting, you know, no telling with other type of goals he had for the season, But that's the main thing is like how soon can I get back? How soon can I help? And how soon can I contribute to this team and get back out there with my guys now with a neck injury like fortunately, knock on wood, knock on wood. I've never had one, but those, like like Marche said, you know, the soft TENSI you, injuries are a little bit different.
Speaker 4: You basically can have a I.
Speaker 6: Guess you could say an easier way to look at when you're gonna heal, you know, but with the neck injury or anything like that, neck back things like that, there's really no timeline. You know, You're you're sitting there waiting for everything to go right, and then you don't want to jump out there too soon and re injured it.
Speaker 4: So, you know, but the main thing what he's thinking.
Speaker 6: About is getting back and contributing as fast as possible.
Speaker 2: Boy, that's a tough injury.
Speaker 7: Like you said, I think the example.
Speaker 2: My dad always said examples are the best.
Speaker 7: Teachers, and so when I think of my example, David Wilson was my teammate when we played in New York and he had the injury, and so seeing him rush back to piggyback off what you said. He came back, he had the spinal surgery where he fused his vertebrates and came back played during the season, wasn't his normal self, still had some of little nerve damage. So if I could say, I just hope that he takes his time to really truly heal his body up, because as a competitor, you are trying to figure out you are trying to jump back in there to be starting over a first round draft pick. It's like, man, I was going, I'm gonna be the right guy and like to have all that momentum going, like initially that first mindset because I've been there being a journeyman, like getting hurt early in camp and you saying, this is finally my year I earned the right and then to be the right on America's team.
Speaker 2: It's like he's probably sitting.
Speaker 7: Over there sad, but now, like he said, this is the opportunity for him to go in there and help coach up that young guy still show and build value to the team.
Speaker 3: So in the trenches day one neck injury, what is.
Speaker 5: The mentality for the rest of the guys, Know we're about to put pads on here. Day one, we already see somebody got got handled. Don't get got you go over there.
Speaker 7: Everybody have their kumbay our moment and pray. But during training camp, this is wartime.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 7: You on the opposite side of the ball with that different colored shape, this is opponent. One guy got caught slipping. I'm not getting caught today. I'm gonna make sure that I don't get got Because you have these different mindsets. You got young guys coming in there trying to prove themselves, make their make the team, make America's team. Then you have old guys in there that, hey, I got a wife, a kid, maybe a baby mama to other Hurrican kids over there, I gotta go feed these These are grown men with responsibilities to where they say the next man up. You seen a guy get hurt and you move ten yards forward and the play keep going. Well, that's what's gonna keep going. This snowball is still rolling.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that is one of the coolest things that I've ever seen. When I first started selling football, man is it was Jimmy Johnson. Man, it was Jimmy's last year with the Cowboys and Alfredo roberts tight end. Alfredo Robertson they just what super Bowl? Coming off a Super Bowl, Alfredo played for Jimmy and Miami. Okay, so you know, this is your guy. Alfredo's your guy. Alfredo goes down and it's one of those knee injuries and everybody know it, and everybody feels for him.
Speaker 3: Afraid it was a light.
Speaker 7: Guy, and.
Speaker 3: So they rightie, right, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Turn it around, spinning around.
Speaker 3: So they just go up, you know, like fifteen yards or so.
Speaker 5: Then the trainers around here, you know, Michael Irving played with they and Michael looking at him, and then you gotta go get in a huddle, and they just.
Speaker 3: Keep going to Gyn look back.
Speaker 2: They ain't look back.
Speaker 4: A man practice. I keep going. Next man up, man, I exactly what I mean.
Speaker 7: Like Cameron said, off, what was the movie? He said, Hey, people die every day. You gotta keep going. I felt bad. Then you know they bring the car down for the year. But I'm like, my first look again, Jimmy, you had this in college. You want a super Bowl like that. That's when you're gonna get a little bit of sympathy when when you bring out that car, like players are like, oh snap, we gotta keep going. We dying.
Speaker 2: It's the heat. Hey, we still got to keep going because we over.
Speaker 7: Here looking at him. We might mess around and get cut. But then when the car come, it's like, oh, snap, let's let's stop real quick. Let's run over there. Hey, we're gonna pray for you.
Speaker 2: Brother.
Speaker 7: Ah man, you know you cry and then guess what, give me those oranges and I'm back on the field. I got another rep.
Speaker 5: So you guys are players, So you guys have seen this since college, so you use it. But as an immediate guy. For me, first time, that's that's cold as ice. Yeah, it's dirty work. Somebody get to him.
Speaker 3: What's the next player?
Speaker 7: Wow, I didn't see nothing until college for the first time. And you know, nobody had no injury. We had Mike Sherman as our head coach. When that first injury happened, it was like keep moving. And then when we got in the meeting, he used to always say, hey man, this is the league. I cut you, this is how we do it. It got to be professional, and that was a rude. I didn't know that that was going to be the league for the rest of my career. So when I seen that getting to the league, it was like, y'all have coach Sherman. You better keep going right there.
Speaker 2: That's time to work.
Speaker 3: Brought pro mentality to ex A and m.
Speaker 2: He definitely did. He definitely did that.
Speaker 3: Very interesting. All right, let's switch to.
Speaker 2: Money.
Speaker 5: Jake Ferguson, uh oh, look back. Jake Ferguson tight end. Four year contract extension, fifty two million dollars, thirty million of it year guaranteed, twelve million dollars signing bonus for him, puts him in the top seven in terms of paid tight ends.
Speaker 2: Here comes the money.
Speaker 4: I wasn't that familiar with him until he got the contract.
Speaker 6: I'm just going like, I didn't know he was top seven, I'll put to you like that, or at least top ten.
Speaker 4: I didn't know he was in that category.
Speaker 3: He was not last year.
Speaker 2: Last year.
Speaker 3: Last year he had a down year.
Speaker 2: He was not that And.
Speaker 5: Some people will say, well, Dak Prescott was hert but Cooper Rush in the times of Cooper Rush had filled in in the past. He still had been a part of the offense, and Schottenheimer's talked about how he'll come back. Jake Ferguson is RaaS his hand and admitted he did not have the year that he needed to have, but he wanted to be with the Cowboys. And so my initial thought processing and I'd asked you, guys, was is he a top ten player at his position? Because they had another guy in Dalton Schultz who they allowed to lead to go to Houston.
Speaker 3: Now, in fairness to the organization, they made him an offer. He didn't like it. He wanted to get paid like David and Joker, Like you ain't David Joke.
Speaker 2: You ain't got them type of numbers.
Speaker 5: And you know, just just because the Brown's out here throwing money around, don't mean you gotta throw money right Brown.
Speaker 3: It's just so different that.
Speaker 6: I think timing. Timing has a lot to do with this stuff, without question, you know what I mean. And we could just look at it from timing from say ballers from back in the day. If these dudes had the opportunity to play today with type of money, they would actually beginning to just where we are today and with the market is setting for people in itself, all right. And I just think that right now where the market was for him, I think this timing was perfect.
Speaker 4: Now does it benefit him at.
Speaker 3: The end of the day.
Speaker 4: Heck yeah, benefits at the end of the day.
Speaker 6: And what I like for my time to be perfect too, when it's time for to be perfect, yes, but you know, like that we talked about before, with that money comes with responsibility to as well.
Speaker 4: All right, So you just can't get.
Speaker 6: That money and go out there and not play and stay and stay and make sure that you earn every penny of that, all right, and as well, you know, just do everything you just supposed to do, not only with the catching of the ball, but like you're also going to have to.
Speaker 4: Be that that dude just blocking and doing everything that you can do for this team.
Speaker 6: So but I really think that, like as we talked about it, like I said in the beginning, I didn't know he was a top ten and but now he's not.
Speaker 7: But now he's not yet like it, let me say yet right, not to cut you off, it's not that he's not a top ten.
Speaker 2: And we all know, especially you.
Speaker 7: Being around football growing up, being around there, knew that you didn't wrote a lot of people the way that the market is now, a lot of people don't get paid off of what you're doing. You got paid. You get paid off of what they think you're going to do. And in the years past, he's shown that he's reliable. He's dependable, but also like you said, it's timing. You lose your starting tight end right now. You're trying to keep some talent in the house. You gotta run first, offense, heavy mindset, coach that the past is predicated off of the run. You're gonna get that play action style tight end going in there. Think about his time at Seattle with you having guys like Jimmy Graham. No, it's saying those guys like that, It's like it's a demand right now, and that demand was him and he did whatever he needed to do to show that he's dependable. But what I am going to say is that we all know with the Cowboys organization, Jerry is stingy. He ain't just throwing money out here. Like you said, this ain't the brown. So if he's throwing money at you, you didn't did enough to are You didn't did enough for somebody in the building to like you and show you enough to where's that? And then for them to throw this type of bread out there. Tim you're definitely getting paid off of potential and you're showing them that. So I'm excited to see what he's gonna do. I think he's gonna live to it. If there's any time for him to be the playmaker. It's going to be with this run first coach.
Speaker 6: So we'll see right now, definitely sure, And I think that right now too as well. With us not having a solid I guess you could say run game and not knowing who is going to be that man guy, you're going to have to have somebody like a tight end like this, who's going.
Speaker 7: To solidify your pieces right Now've got try to keep what's in the house and the market being what it is. They said, hey, we feel comfortable enough to throw you that type of bread. And so the question I have is not is he a top ten? The question I really have is like we paid him? Why haven't we paid the guy that deserves it right now? Then we got enough money left for him. That would be the big question I would have, see huge.
Speaker 5: Why I don't have that question because we know he's going to get paid, Yes, And every year pretty much Jerry will do one of.
Speaker 7: These deals right before he give out that big bag.
Speaker 3: You're waiting on ceedee lambing and they signed somebody else. That's just what he does. That's what he does.
Speaker 5: And so in some ways and Stephen did a very good just it takes two. So Jake Fergus said, I want to be here. So if you want to be there, then maybe you don't take every last dollar, but you say, hey, what what fits for me? I remember what Trayvon Diggs got signed that came out of the blue. Let oh Diggs got signed here. He found a sweet spot in which he said, this is what I.
Speaker 2: Want to do. They found the perfect But four years.
Speaker 4: We're talking about timing and market.
Speaker 6: I don't think that the big guy's asking for anything that's out of his timing and out of his market right now at all.
Speaker 3: Neither did dak.
Speaker 2: Land.
Speaker 3: This exists how they do business. I mean, this is I mean, it's how they do business. And we know how it ends. Record breaking deal.
Speaker 2: For said player Jerry. Jerry does big thing in big way in America's team.
Speaker 7: So Micah holds your pockets to the way when I see when I see a guy and it's no slack to him. But when I say, oh, four years, most of that's guaranty. He about to get me, right, I know I'm about to get mine is coming.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: If I'm Mike and I'm sitting here and I'm watching what's going on, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm excited, but she said, keep paying, not the bag, Jerry, because I know you're gonna bring it to me. I if I were, if Michael, we're in here right now, in this empty chair, I would just say, just look at the history.
Speaker 3: The history is there.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: Now, did you have to go through a little uncomfortable days and some moments for your bag?
Speaker 3: But you got it. Whatn't comfortable wasn't comfortable right right.
Speaker 5: See, he got it. That went through it twice. Lawrence has gone through it, DeMarcus Ware has gone through it. I mean, we're talking about some dudes who have Hall of Fame jackets that had to go do this dance with Jerry. He made it easy on on two people Troy and Tony Romo have to beg for their cat.
Speaker 2: I was like, no, only too.
Speaker 3: Dion got his back. Oh do you remember dance was holding.
Speaker 2: Out daddy exactly, But it was it was he was a life he was a lifetime.
Speaker 4: But the same thing.
Speaker 5: Davis had to go through it. So while it's not ideal, Micah, this is your time in the blender. You're gonna get blended up, a little bit chopped up, but you're going to get at the end of the day, you're going to get it, which is why when all these guys leave, how many of them say they they man, I hated what Jerry did to me.
Speaker 3: I'm mad at you, Jerry. Everybody everybody sweet and.
Speaker 2: Like right now, this is very good. We did everything over here that we're supposed to.
Speaker 6: And I think, like so, like that's one of the things with with with with Jerry, Okay, like so where people don't know him, like and and and and he is such a likable person, y'all, Like trust me if you don't know him. And I've never been a cowboy, but I've been in the room with the man, and I've hung out with him, and like he is that guy that I don't know a person that would not like him, Okay, And he he he crosses all borders, He crosses every everything that you can go against go go with him, right And so then he's so I guess you could say, in tune with everything that people are always asking for, like if.
Speaker 4: Do it, you need you need something? I got you, You need something, I got you. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: But then we always want him to do something else with the team, and he like I hear everything else you want, But I ain't doing that.
Speaker 4: I'm doing this my way still.
Speaker 3: As we go to break.
Speaker 5: Here's one thing I can guarantee all Cowboy fans this, I have yet to see when the contracts end and paper signed, somebody got a frown on their face. I ain't never seen nobody with a pin, sir, don't see that. They running to it, everybody, everybody running in the end with a smile. Gladys, He's getting everybody. So Michael Parsons, Yeah, Jake Ferguson, Tell Jake Ferguson by the next round.
Speaker 3: But you're gonna be in there. You're gonna be fine.
Speaker 5: More with Trey More Anthony door set on we scrub players on that brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys Dot.
Speaker 3: Hey there, Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 8: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a Brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys gambling problem, Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler that one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one.
Speaker 9: Over Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through.
Speaker 2: Whether you're maxing out.
Speaker 9: Overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle, and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of addage sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients in the Gladiator smooth and Chocolate, strawberry and vanilla only at smoothe Kiah.
Speaker 8: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liptball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 10: Crown Royal and the Dallas Cowboys are bringing back the Royal Rig for season two. See it in action at at and T Stadium on Thanksgiving Day where the Dallas Cowboys take on the Kansas City Chiefs, and around Dallas on November twenty.
Speaker 4: Sixth and November twenty eighth.
Speaker 10: Visit Crownrooyal dot com to see where else the Royal Rig is stopping this NFL season.
Speaker 3: That's Crownrow dot com. Please drink responsibly to the players loude lounge read in here.
Speaker 6: Man, oh okay, okay, let me get this for you. This summer, step into the field with the Dallas Cowboys. Youth football and dance camps presented by in visit line athletes of all skill levels ages six to sixteen are invited to learn did I Did I say something wrong?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm sorry, perfect, You're perfect?
Speaker 6: Or invited to learn from former NFL players the Dallas Cowboys Chileaders at Ford Center at the Star in Frisco. Campers have the chance to learn technical skills and lessons on teamwork. Visit Dallas Cowboys dot com slash camps to learn more.
Speaker 3: Panther got it.
Speaker 2: No, so just to feel Yeah, nobody was making fun of you.
Speaker 7: When I didn't read the first time, I was very confident and I scrolled past a certain word and I almost played it off. Buried dapped me up. We thought we was good and knew it was like I got you.
Speaker 2: What was that word in vizilin a vasileen? Well, that's what it was, something I said. I can't remember.
Speaker 7: It was a.
Speaker 2: Vasiline something like that. But when I tell you knew you were not I got lines. Give me, give me that you know what.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna be ready for the next readon see, I made sure that you didn't get that one.
Speaker 11: I made sure you didn't get that one. When I came in, I saw it. Next question, make sure sanity joring to god damn. So I mean, I want you to get the easy one here. So did you can handled it?
Speaker 2: Did you say you go to training camp tomorrow? Going to camp. I'm glad. I'm glad. I'm gonna miss you so much. Miss missed this.
Speaker 3: Read that.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be able to see him allowing down there with that.
Speaker 3: Here here it all. I need to just hear it. I just hear of course I can watch it right here on X.
Speaker 5: Trey More, Anthony Doors said, I'm to rescruss players and I was brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming. Cowboys will and it's wild because we're about to have the Hall of Fame game start this week. Cowboys are going to end up playing the Rams on February August ninth, so camp is going. Cowboys finally start hitting the pads and we see a contract signed here. So I like the fact now we're starting to see things moving here. I like that what we're seeing here. And for me, it's just from a media standpoint. This is the part I enjoy because football to me is about the pads, all this other stuff we've been seeing, and you see, I need to see more stuff and that comes with the pads, and that's where we get to see exactly. To me, for the Cowboys, my biggest worried guys, I've sat it all off season long, the offensive and defensive lines.
Speaker 2: That's where the games have to be wor it definitely does.
Speaker 7: Like you said, my sentiments are the same as a football player or former power out player.
Speaker 2: I still feel like I'm active right now.
Speaker 7: I love this time because this is you as a fan, as a person, you get to know your players, Like you're gonna see these guys in the next few days. Who's gonna go out there and be exciting, But in these next two weeks is gonna let you know what type of player this guy is gonna be dependable. We know who these guys are, but you get to know your person, your players on a personal level, how they're responding with all the reports that are coming out. So when you get there to the season, it's like, hey, we know what we get. We're excited about this guy. So this is where people are gonna make their names. And then this is where a lot of names that you think are the names are not going to be the guys. You're gonna figure out who's the guy and who's just a guy. So for me, through this this time period, this is where the real elbow grease goes in.
Speaker 2: And I love it. As far as that standpoint me, I mean.
Speaker 4: I agree with you said everything.
Speaker 6: Then start up front for both sides of the ball, you know, offensive line and defense line. But of course me being the secondary guy, you know, knowing what's going on up front, I pay attention to what's going on in the backside too as well, and so we have, you know, for everything to work right up front for them, they make everything click in the backside front, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So definitely on the defensive side of the ball.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Hey, I want to see my guys getting to the ball up front, you know, especially in the defensive meeting room. We got some young guys. We letting them know, Hey, look we're expecting it. We expecting this type of pressure. We want you all to get here. We need this, We need this to happen up front, so we could do this in the backside, you know what I mean. And I'm sure it's the same way on the offensive side of the ball too as well. Hey, without no protection, we can't run the ball and we can't throw the ball. So everything starts to front all the time.
Speaker 2: And when it's starting up front.
Speaker 7: Like another sentiment playing for Matt Eberflus, I'm gonna tell you right now, the reason that you get so excited, especially like you going up there tomorrow, You're gonna be able to see pursuit dre he came under a Rod mayor Nelli defense. So like in these first few days, they have a hustle take that they show before every practice.
Speaker 2: Who's into the ball? Who wasn't.
Speaker 7: They have the lions that they show that's going to be hunting and Iris is going to show that tape and whoever is running that rookie that consistently run into the ball. You're like, hey, okay, you did this without pass the t shirt warrior. Are you doing this with paths? And if you're still doing that, that's where the Vets started building that excitement to say, hey, that guy is dependable. So like that hustle tape, when you get up there, ask them about it when you see it, be like who's made the hustle tape?
Speaker 2: Who's impressed?
Speaker 4: Youre on the defensive side of the ball, levin hats to the ball all times.
Speaker 5: When I get up there, I definitely want to check out Mozzie Smith and want to see be able to just ken and just look exactly what's going on there. And then of course if Nate Newton, former Cowboy Great Offensive Blind and he's there, I will watch practices with Nate. One of the great things that I'm able to do at campus. Just sit there with Nate and I just listen and he'll just point things out. Look at young fella here. Last year, Nate was on Tyler Guy early. I don't see it. I'm not I don't like what I'm seeing right now. He also had talked about Ozzie Smith and his rookie he's trying to He said, being strong is not enough in this They're gonna learn how to use it against You're gonna lose leverage.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of strong dudes in this league.
Speaker 5: And so that part for me. When I go to camp, I go find Nate. I stand next to him and we just said, I just listen. It's just a masterclass. And when when I see veterans out there, former players, I like to go do that. I like because they see things. When you talk to me about career, elam and so you know, when I go out there, I'm gonna check him out some more. I know he had to little pick the other day, picked the kid up from the stands.
Speaker 2: And so I'm say a team celebration.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 2: They having fun.
Speaker 5: He's been one of the three names that they've talked about they like Jerry Jones talked about like he's like what you seen from Elam, He's like what you seen from Doabin Azaraku.
Speaker 2: So you got opportunity. Definitely a lot of people not out here like.
Speaker 4: I and he's getting a lot of reps.
Speaker 7: And I'm not a I don't want to diminish it, but it's like I expect you to make plays. You need to make plays.
Speaker 2: He need all these.
Speaker 7: Young guys right now on this team. They all need to be having this snowball effect. Not only make one play one day, but let this go downhill because whenever it did come back, they're gonna throw him in the fire. They're gonna expect him to get these reft when Michael get back. Like, yeah, Mike is not here right now, but it's gonna get good points. So you got to build up all these good days. So they say, hey, he's dependable, he potentially might be a starter, or you're going to be that second or third guy, because we all know that second.
Speaker 2: Or third guard is Darna Air starter.
Speaker 6: Hey Kaier is the first round draft pick, So like, don't like and and he has an opportunity, and he has the skill and the talent to obviously be here.
Speaker 4: Now will he put it together?
Speaker 6: And and and the thing about it is this, And I will say a lot of people who are outside of football may not recognize this. You can be corrected so easy in football by changing your technique. Everybody here has skill and talent. But once you get here, your technique is not always coached the same way. It's not always I guess you could say, garnered the same way. Because you're so athletic and you're so much of a pro that sometimes the technical side of it gets gets basically able to go by the wayside.
Speaker 4: A little bit. Right.
Speaker 6: So, now with him being here, you know, concentration on let me try to be a better player here, let me work on these things. Maybe the whole technical side of it is increased, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I want to see him do well here. I want to see I'm a dB.
Speaker 6: One of the things I hate the worst is seeing the deep ball or DB's in the highlights all the time. Nah, man, I'd rather see you know, somebody else in the highlights besides the dB.
Speaker 4: So hopefully Kyrier will.
Speaker 6: Be able to come here, get his stuff together and contribute to this team.
Speaker 2: We need him.
Speaker 5: Look, I would tell any dB look at the money and what's going on here right now. You got Digs, your highest paid corner and owner, the owner, and I'm really happy with him. Right now he's not happy and he's coming off an injury. So you don't know when he's going to be here. Doron Bland your number two corner here, he's going to be a free agent. So far, we haven't seen him sign a contract extension at all. I thought maybe he would get done before a guy like Ferguson, but and maybe they're still working on a Bland. But he could be gone if he has a good year, if he doesn't sign. So if you're Elam and then you had last ye Jorian Montgomery, your slot corner, he left. From a financial standpoint, man, they're going to be looking to pay somebody here and Diggs may not be here next year, so there's opportunity and an opportunity to possibly also get a check out of this for you.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 7: You building up that, like we said at the beginning of the show, opportunity on top, opportunity on top opportunity.
Speaker 2: When you're that older guy, it's easier for.
Speaker 7: You to see a thing because it's like, hey, I'm trying to go in here, figure out who job I can take you this and that, because nobody's going to hand your job.
Speaker 2: Nobody's going to give rap you this.
Speaker 7: But when it says, hey, i'm looking where what we say earlier time and opportunity and demand, Well guess what our tight end was here? It was a demand. Nobody was here with him. I'm looking at that as like there's a demand. When I was a free agent and I came in, this was before Tank Lawrence got paid. This was when Randy Gregory was coming off of suspension a year long. So it was like, you know, you had Tyron Crawford like no offense. I love Tyder depth, that's my dog. He's consistent, he's been a DM, but he was a three technique.
Speaker 2: But the way that I looked at it was like, yo, like they don't have no true pass rushers.
Speaker 7: So the opportunity for me to strike right there, it's there, And the next year those guys got paid. So if I'm a dB right now, I'm licking at my chops. I'm saying, not only is the money there, you get to go behind Michael Parson, Like when you got pass rushers, like you said up there and back half of the front. It's cake right now, so he should be excited.
Speaker 5: So yeah, if I'm a dB right now, I would relish the opportunity, the opportunity to carve out yourself and get paid. And then Chavone Ravel, the kid they took in the third round at East Carolina, he's not one hundred percent back yet either. So for a guy like kyer Elum, there's an opportunity, and the other guys back there, it's opportunity. So I'll be looking for that when I, when I, when I get out to training camp and anywhere weidsday practice.
Speaker 7: Any unsugged heroes that we haven't been talking about yet, that's like starting to pick a steam, like behind the closed doors.
Speaker 5: Let's take a break. We'll get under that next trade. Moore Anthony dor Sat on New Stress. This is the Players Lounge on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 3: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas.
Speaker 8: Cowboys, Jack Black and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 3: That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 12: Raising Kaine presents the other rules of Football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to Order can Samee's Chicken Fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve, no crinkled cut fries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Canes when it comes to winning game day Caines rules Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers one Love Go Cowboys.
Speaker 13: Returning for the twenty twenty five NFL season, Boss reunites with the Dallas Cowboys and Micah Parsons to drop the next chapter of their iconic collaboration. The Boss Cowboys collection fuses fashion and football, once again, capturing the fearless spirit of what it means to be your own boss. Just in time for kickoff. Gear up in standout styles that show your team pride with a bold edge. Available now at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo, Boss Hugo Boss dot com and Boss retail stores. Hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 3: Hey their Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 8: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo, bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler that's one eight hundred g a m B l e R for twenty one.
Speaker 3: Over to the Players Lounge.
Speaker 5: Players Lounge brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming. Final segment here with the newp he is Trey Moore, Texas A and m we Got Pittsburgh Panthers own Anthony Dorset form an NFL player and the son of Cowboy Hall of Famer Tony dor said man tell you Dad, I.
Speaker 4: Said Hello, we'll do man right after the show.
Speaker 3: Tell your dad, I said, hello.
Speaker 2: I need to sign Jersey. My auntie asked his house. Yeah, sir, I tell you.
Speaker 7: I asked put that pressure on them you I'll see them fans. I asked them in front of everybody Newly, I need to sign microphone.
Speaker 2: Or something too.
Speaker 3: Got you?
Speaker 5: My man cave missing Cowboy practice today, duce Vaughan, Rob Jones, who we talked about earlier. Rob Jones out next the next two three months with a broken broken boats, some broken bones in his neck. Matt Well, let's go the tackle receiver, Paris Campbell, tight end Brevin span Ford, also Treyvon Diggs, Michael Parson, Chavon Revel, Josh Butler, Kayln Carson, and Kenneth Murray.
Speaker 3: Dron bland Is.
Speaker 5: Back in practice. Went through childbirth with his uh uh with significant others.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 5: Andrew Booth, according to Calvin Watkins, eighteen minutes ago, went into the tent during individual drills. He's dealing with the hamstring issues, they think, and he was getting stretched out before going into the tent area. So you got that going on right there. So the Cowboy camp getting no getting busy out there. Oxnar, California. This is this is that time, man, this is that time. But interesting to see you have a padd of practice the next day. We got some guys hate you taking take a risk and we didn't.
Speaker 7: They weed theyselves out, knew telling you their first day after practice.
Speaker 2: That's where everybody walking around there. I knew he was faking it, knew.
Speaker 4: I knew.
Speaker 7: You ever seen that one episode of SpongeBob where he had to blow up on like you see that guy with no paths on that Thursday. You don't see him after that. So we're gonna figure out who our lifetime club Cold Tub members.
Speaker 2: So we will see. But I'm not worried about those soft tissue injuries.
Speaker 5: Brevan Ford, he's got a hinkle spring, so it's gonna be a couple of weeks for him there. He was a guy that has some high hopes on right now. So you're gonna miss him camp here and that's always a that's a challenge right there, Which which one Revin Knight, Brether span Ford tight end, big big dude tight end. So missing some time there, Trayvon Digs. Not sure when he's gonna come back, by the way, that for.
Speaker 4: Me and and and and that was one of the things like with him not being here.
Speaker 6: Okay, in the off season, you're you're you're rehabbing somewhere else and you're not playing. So when you get back to town, it would be one thing to be out of town rehabbing and and.
Speaker 4: Coming back and being ready to play.
Speaker 6: But if you if you're really not going to be on the field, I completely understand why that riff was so hard about that. The five hundred thousand dollars a bonus and you're not being here to show your face as well. You know, it'd be one thing, Like I said, if I knew I was out of town, I knew I was coming back and going to be able to contribute right now, I might bet on myself with that five hundred. You're still gonna be five hundred short, whatever it is. But still at least I know I'm gonna come back and I'm showing the people like, hey, this is why I was gone.
Speaker 4: When you come back off.
Speaker 6: Injury and you still can't participate, there's nothing to show why you were actually gone.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I'm not gonna be I hate to be a walking cliche, but I'm not going to be the dead horse. Like we all know that he wasn't hearing this, and that what I am going to speak to is the fact that you aren't ready, and the fact that you aren't ready, don't get on that field. You see, I'm looking into the camera. I'm talking to you. I know I'm just here. Whatever the case may be, if you're not ready, do not step on that field because the lights are getting bigger, the pressure is mounting. The media is putting pressure on you like you have everybody putting it's pressure on you. So when you do get out there, don't put bad tape out there. Like Barry said, he's not here. I'd be remiss if he didn't say. But what did he say? He said, if you go out there, you ball, you get the interception. This is gonna be water up under the bridge before right now, do not try to force yourself and get back on that field. Because the other guys heard. Doron Bland is coming over here. You got the young guy that's balling out, you got another guy that hurt. You've already proven yourself, You've already been the starter. Make sure you show up as the starter. Don't show up as a backup.
Speaker 5: We talked before the break, just you know, who are some some players to think about flying under the radar. Last year I thought Hunter Lipkey would be able to do something. Didn't turn out that way. The early returns on Lipkey have been good. He's now full back. Mike didn't really use a fullback McCarthy. Shotty will in this system because Shotty wants to run, so right right, there're gonna get your spot, okay, because he plays special teams.
Speaker 3: You'll be the pullback, You'll be the guy.
Speaker 5: So this is a guy that's gonna get a fifty three man roster spot right here. And they have been able to use him in some short yardages catch the passes here.
Speaker 3: Under this system.
Speaker 5: Maybe maybe Hunter Lipke is unveiled a little bit more because you got a guy that wants to run the ball. So far, that's a guy that we've heard good things about. It's another name I will go pay attention to in Atlantic California.
Speaker 4: You know it's it.
Speaker 6: It goes to say that he is a special team guy and able to play full back, or he's a fullback who's also involved in special teams because like you mentioned just a second ago, fullbacks are the night their diamond doesn't in the league, now, you know what I mean. So his contribution is going to have to be as as as much as he can do in any other place that he can do it as well. Uh right now with us not having a true defined tailback or who's knowing who's going to be the the bread winner in the backfield. He may get a few extra carries it in the preseason to see what he can actually do too as well. So you know, we're gonna have to see what he turns out to be. But at least he's he's here and he can do something on specialty.
Speaker 3: There's a use for him out there.
Speaker 2: I just say there's a use and there's need.
Speaker 7: And this offense that's run heavy, you don't have approven running back, Like you said, you're gonna build value. I think about guys like Kyle you check that you've been around. Think about Seattle back in the day when they had Mike doing their thing with that two headed monster. Like he's going to get that those opportunities not only to make places, but he's going to show himself that he's dependable. And when you're dependable and you're a starting fullback, I look at fullbacks in the league, like.
Speaker 2: Long snappers or punter.
Speaker 7: Like once you found your guy, that's your guy for a certain time period. So he's about to earn that and not only earn it in the in a good system, he's earning it in the right system and a run first.
Speaker 2: So I think he's gonna truly build that value.
Speaker 7: But when you talk about him, all I all I thought about in the back of my head was Keith Smith. Like Keith Smith out here, He wasn't the guy when there you go to Q Dog. You know, I always give you all y'all love, but for him to go there and be a bubble guy, but then all of a sudden just blossom into this amazing special team player. Then showed that he was dependable, not he wasn't as dependable on the run, but showing that he was going through there blocking and stuff like that. And then when we do give him the ball, he makes a play right here and there like that right there built so much value. So that's who I project or see him being. So I want to see if he has that Keith Smith type effect.
Speaker 5: I think if a guy like Keith app tu Car got a really good career playing a lot of special teams playing some fullback in the league, you know, and occasionally getting the ball. I'm in Patriots a couple of times and give him some handofs here. But there's there's still a role for that. And if you want to be a run heavy football team, having a fullback somebody could also kind of play a little bit of h back up there.
Speaker 3: You need a player like that. And considering your first opponent of the year as the Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 2: Yeah we got to get ready.
Speaker 7: What it's say, poor Talcon as many webs a you can have out there one time, you get him ready, and then we.
Speaker 2: All know what happened in the first two to three games.
Speaker 7: Like you see a lot of people that's going to be running heavy, Like you're trying to get your feet away, you're trying to get comfortable, you're trying to establish it. So first to be a run heavy team like those first few games, well, I want to see it first of all in training camp.
Speaker 2: Prove that you're that guy.
Speaker 7: But now once you prove that you're that guy, be ready for those first three weeks to get that work and be our cop bell hey.
Speaker 6: And you never know, you may turn out to be a mismatching guy. You know you mentioned something about a AH back. I played with one of one of the better ones by the guy by name of Frank Whitchek, for years while I was in Tennessee. Yes, and he was a he would just cause matchup problems all the time. We had a full back in the backfield by name of Lorenzo O'Neil and if you know low Neil O'Neil is like people talk about him for the Hall of Fame sometimes. So you got them two dudes coming out of the backfield. Oh yeah, it could definitely cost you some matchup issues.
Speaker 3: On a team that we wanted to run the football. We got to get out of here. Henthany Geor said, this is the players last. We'll track that Barry Church for the next show.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.