Speaker 1: Lord have mercy Wardell Stephan Curry. If you haven't seen Steph's performance in Game seven against the Kinks, and you haven't seen the highlights, you should probably just stop this podcast right now and go watch it. What we saw, what we witnessed was the elevation from legend to god to godhood or maybe possibly Goathood, as we will get to as well. Steph Curry did things that we've only seen in NBA jam and we are going to be talking about this performance forever. Fifty years from now, people are going to be talking about this Game seven performance. So after the embarrassment of Game six where our dubs got blown out at the crib in the largest loss of the Steve Kerr era, Steph was not taking no chances with that whole one team one dream bullshit. No is gonna be Steph's show, and that happened from the very tip off. If they were gonna lose, it was not gonna be because Jordan Poole was looking at Battie's court side and was turning the ball over ten times.
Speaker 2: That's just not what was gonna happen.
Speaker 3: And what we got, I think was probably better than his.
Speaker 1: Teammates could have even anticipated the best Game seven performance in NBA history. Let me say that again, that was the best Game seven performance in the history of the NBA in existence. Steph put up a fifty piece against probably their best foe since the probably twenty sixteen Calves, Lebron, Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving and a bunch of those role players. It was electricity. Kings led by two at half, but you knew what time it was. Steph already had twenty in the first half, already had twenty. Fox was struggling to get going, and you're like, man, it's only a matter of time before they break this thing open. It's just we are just waiting for the dam to burst. And you would think maybe Mike Brown would have made some adjustments because he coached against or with Curry for eight years during his time coaching the Golden State Warriors.
Speaker 2: But no, he did not.
Speaker 1: He had nothing up his sleeve to stop Steph Curry from doing Steph Curry things. And Steph, even though in the second half the Kings knew that they had to put more attention and pressure on Curry, you would think, oh, maybe second half he like just puts up eighteen or sixteen.
Speaker 3: No, he's actually better.
Speaker 1: In the second half, with everyone scheming and game planning to shut him down, he put up thirty. It was a better second half than it was in the first half, where he just casually put up twenty. The most demonic shit that I saw from him. This is what I knew it was over.
Speaker 2: Was at the end of the third quarter.
Speaker 1: Warriors are starting to pull away and he had already missed for the first time ever in my memory, two consecutive free throws, and you're like, oh, God, Like, what's stepp up to?
Speaker 2: Is he frustrated?
Speaker 1: He gets to the line again moments later, because that's just the kind of night it was. With the Scott Foster game, by the way, that was a factor, and they panned to his face and he's grinning from ear to ear. It was the most diabolical, sick, twisted, sadistic smile I have ever seen on anyone's face. It was not a normal, I'm happy grin. It's a let me make myself happy in the moment and let me show these kings I'm coming and this is over for them. That's when I knew it was inevitable. He is inevitable. There was gonna be no comeback. They were only down seven, but it could have been seventy. At that point, it was over.
Speaker 3: He shot thirty eight times in thirty.
Speaker 1: Eight minutes, from everywhere, from deep, from the paint, off balance, runners, floaters, everything but a dunk.
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 1: There was one point five seconds left to go on the shot clock. Kings had defended this team very mightily. One point five seconds left on the shot clock. They inbound the pass, Steph mbounds the pass, immediately gets it back contested corner three splash. The only thing that was surprising was when Steph would miss. I was actually shocked when not every single shot that he let fly did not go in. He said this about his sadistic smile after the game.
Speaker 4: Attitude can manifest a lot of things. And I told Q on the sidelines, I missed for those the last two games, not like me, but never over overthink it. Just enjoyed the moment. So the smile was intentional on trying to just be in the present and as simple as it is, is just trying to make a free throw, so I like to have fun with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, it was more than that.
Speaker 1: And then Draymond, as he said on the podcast today because of course he didn't do in game six. Real shocking that there was no dream on episode. After Game six, which was the most embarrassing loss, he probably would have cussed everybody out.
Speaker 2: So I get it.
Speaker 1: It all began with the pregame speech from Steph wardel Creek, I'm not gonna.
Speaker 5: Lie man game six. That was a gut punch. That night, I sent those two guys a text message. I sent that text at three am. The first line is, so I can't sleep period. Just finish the film again and then I go into some other things. Steph text at six am like, can't sleep either, but let me deliver the message before film say no more. And he delivered such a powerful message. Listen, we just got embarrassed last night. We got embarrassed on our home floor. An opportunity to close out a team, and we never showed up. He said, if you getting on this bus, you making a commitment to this team. I don't care how many minutes you play. I don't care if you don't play a single second. I don't care if it's points, rebounds, whatever it is. But if you getting on this bus, you are saying I am going to do whatever it takes, as far as my preparation goes to win this game. We not going out like that. We have an opportunity to play in game seven. They've rare, they don't come around. Take advantage of the moment, embrace the moment. When he delivered that speech, I can't say I knew he was going to come out and get fifty, but I knew he was going to come out and do something incredible, and I knew there was no way he was going to allow us to lose that game.
Speaker 2: WHOA, I tell you what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't really know what more you can say after that.
Speaker 1: Hey, Jordan Poole, suck it up, Hey Jonathan KAMINGA, you're not playing anymore. You're not effective enough for us. Don't be whining and bitching and moping on the sideline. Do not bring the vibes down. This is a championship caliber team. We have championship DNA, and you know what, we could have traded your ass for somebody with better attitude, but you know what, we have faith in you. So sit your little ass down there on the bench and.
Speaker 2: Play your role.
Speaker 1: And that was the moment after that game, after that Game seven, which let's be honest. I wanted the Kings to win because the dynasty I'm hoping will end at some point. I want to see a new piece, new blood come to the forefront. I came to terms with the reality that Steph Curry is the best to ever do it at the point guard position.
Speaker 5: He just is.
Speaker 1: That was the performance fifty piece Game seven, when you're only surprised that he missed. That was point god as John Morant would say, that was point goat performance. He puts up fifty after an embarrassing Game six, the worst defeat that they ever had, and the Steve Kerr era in Game six, stays up all night, watches film, then comes ready to kill.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 1: I always was like, oh, it's so cute that they call him the baby face Assassin. You know, You're like, that's a really cute nickname.
Speaker 2: No, he really is.
Speaker 1: He really is Liam Neeson. He really is a man with some very specific skills. He really does take pleasure in telling fifty cent, Hey, why don't you did.
Speaker 2: You see it?
Speaker 1: He pretended to light the beam on fifty cent, Like this beam, bitch, that's what that was. It's sick, it's twisted. The look on his face when he's ending you is pure sick delight. It's not just joy for joy's sake, because I enjoy playing a child's game and making sixty million dollars a year.
Speaker 3: No, no, I enjoy ending you.
Speaker 1: I enjoy you thinking you're gonna win and me silencing your cute little crowd at Golden One.
Speaker 2: It's disgusting.
Speaker 1: It's like a boa constrictor around your neck and there's no feeling like it.
Speaker 3: It's an outer body experience.
Speaker 1: You're sitting there on your couch or wherever you are, and you're like, the game's not over, but it's over, and you're watching yourself in awe of you dying right there.
Speaker 3: That's what that was. So now the NBA gets what they want.
Speaker 1: Steph Curry versus Lebron in the playoffs, first time they've ever faced each other in the playoffs, not in the finals, which I think is incredible. Lakers, of course, get the job done by giving Dylan Brooks exactly what he wanted, a forty piece, a forty point loss in a closeout game, which gives us a seven seed playing a six seed in the second round of the playoffs. Warriors now get home court advantage. Isn't that a bitch? You sit there and you scrap and claw, and you think that the Warriors are dead and now they have home court.
Speaker 2: Until they play the Nuggets or the Suns.
Speaker 1: Isn't that something The narratives obviously will be out of control because these are two out of the five best players in NBA history going up one against one another, both in the tail end of their careers, but not looking a day over twenty seven, and you'd think maybe this was the first time. Oh maybe the NBA wish it was the Western Conference finals. But I think they are going to smash the ratings again for the second round, just like they did in the first round.
Speaker 2: The difference. I don't think this goes seven games.
Speaker 1: Steph Curry was asked a question which I've been thinking about all day. The question was, Hey, Steph, who can stop Steph Curry? And he said he said, hopefully we never find out what.
Speaker 3: Hopefully we'll never find out?
Speaker 1: He is deadly I can This is like the New show Citadel, where if he's an assassin, who's gonna beat our dubs?
Speaker 2: Nobody that's who.
Speaker 1: This is a championship team and their toughest test They just finished in seventh