Speaker 1: Have you ever taking a poll on punch from your dad back in the day, Like.
Speaker 2: Ye oh, yes, one time when I was like six or seven, we were fighting in whoa wha.
Speaker 1: Huh six or seven. I was hoping you were in the ring at twenty. All right, never mind, Kasha Cosh Shush show? Is this thing on? Hey, it's me Daniel Tosh. Welcome to Tosh Show. Hit the music? All right, Eddie, how are you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm doing good?
Speaker 1: How are you not great?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, yeah, yesterday I was doing laundry for my daughter and she may she probably has about ten pair of socks, not too many, that's not a ridiculous amount. I don't think I could find a single matching pair. And the problem is her socks are so tiny because she's so young. Did they go inside the crack in the machine? And then you feel like they weren't cleaned? So I just throw them back in the middle. Anyway, that's not the point. So the point was I was like, oh, I'm just gonna order new socks. Now, where do I go to get socks for my daughter? I go to the gap baby gap dot com and I see the socks and then I look at the title. Now, I'm gonna put this up on the screen. Look at this title, Eddie. Yeah, that's called toddler let us trim sock. You have any problem with that?
Speaker 3: That doesn't Yeah, it doesn't read write.
Speaker 1: You're telling me that nobody over at Baby Gap knows what the term let us trim is. Either that's that's a disgruntled employee, like ha ha. This will be funny, little East dreg for people. I'll name this these toddler socks after a woman's uh discussin beefy vagina that needs to get cleaned up, or they didn't know. I thought it was common knowledge. I thought everyone on this planet knows what a lettuce trim is. Does everyone here know what a let us trim is? Yeah? Okay, so everyone in this in this room knows what'll let us trim in. Nobody over at Baby Gap knows what a lettuce trim is. And then then then I was like, oh, well should I should I get my uh son this cute scarf called the rusty trombone? Well that I made up. Anyway, my daughter's got mismatched socks on. Currently. You know this show needs, Eddie, what to take us to the next level an intern. Oh yeah, I was told that we received our first intern submission, that someone took the initiative to write to us on the contact page of my website. Go ahead, Eddie, tell me what they said.
Speaker 3: Hey, guys, I love the pod. I'd like to intern that I mentioned for free. I'm a University of Minnesota soon to be graduate, and we'll do anything for the show besides bjays let me know, Lucas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you see how you put that in right at the very end. Yeah, I'll do anything for the show and then accept fillatio. Well that's I don't even think you need to put that in there. No, but I mean it's probably better to have it in print. Like I said, I wasn't going to and you're like, oh you sure I have the email?
Speaker 4: Phil?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, he out smarted us. Lucas. As much as I appreciate him reached out to us, I think it would be short sighted of the show to just give it to him. I think we should open this up, you know, to a wider net. Feel free to send us any submissions of why you should inn on this show, and I'm sure that's gonna open tons of doors for you, especially if you're hot. Oh if you're a smoke show, good chance. We'll take your application very seriously. I want someone with some real world experience, an older person sixty minimum, you know, where they don't necessarily need the work, they don't want to work full time, but they're responsible. They probably could use a lettuce trim. So if you're interested in applying for our prestigious internship that will not pay, will not give you a college credit, and you have to sign a strict NDA check the link below. All right, let's get to today's guest. I'm very excited about this guy. He's a friend of mine, our children, our friends. That's very important to me because when we have playdates, I get excited to see him. I enjoy him, and our kids play well together, and I need that to continue. I need to stay in his family's good graces so that his daughter will always protect my son from any bullies. Enjoy Pasha, my guest today, the undisputed heavyweight champion of this room. Please welcome the one and only George Foreman, the Third. Let's get ready to podcast. I'm gonna start off with some simple stuff for you. Now, I understand that you have twenty two brothers and fourteen moms supposedly, is there a chance that your dad is Mormon?
Speaker 4: Close clothes? We kind of grew up in the called I think Mormon's remind me of a.
Speaker 1: Bo they do, and they are all right, no, no, don't you. Don't you how many brothers you have?
Speaker 4: I have five brothers and they have five sisters.
Speaker 1: Do you think your dad forgot that? He already had named his other kids George because of the dangers of boxing.
Speaker 2: If you ask him, he always says, like, if you get hit by Muhammad Ali, Joe Frasier, Evan in to holy Field, see how many names you'll remember?
Speaker 4: So he was prepared for memory law fair enough.
Speaker 1: What was it like growing up on both sides of the tracks?
Speaker 4: It was interesting, It was interesting.
Speaker 2: So my mom and my dad they got divorced when I was young, around two, and but you know, always wanted my mom wanted my dad to be in my life. We moved to South Carolina for a little bit, and we moved back when I was six.
Speaker 1: Your mom wasn't rich, no at all. No, and your dad obviously was extremely rich.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, right right around then he started getting rich again. He actually was like fully bankrupt right right around eighty six is and then went back to boxing, and by like ninety one once again he was back to making a lot of money. But yeah, my dad would pick me up for church four times a week, and so I would live.
Speaker 1: Why four that's too many times for church?
Speaker 2: Just Sundays, No, No, Wednesday night, Saturday night, Sunday morning, Sunday night.
Speaker 1: All I forgot about Sunday night. Yeah, we used to have to do Sunday night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know about that. But yeah, like that was like I didn't wear Jordan's and all that. But then I'd go to my dad's house and you know, you'd have like twenty to thirty cars. Can't count them, twenty to thirty dogs. But eventually, when I was like eleven, my dad said, enough of this, I'm sending you to boarding school so you can live like us, which I appreciate it. But my mom she gave me other qualities which were great.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's that's that's a weird. That's a weird back and forth.
Speaker 2: It is like one week we'd hop in a private jet like go here there, come back, hop off the jet and I'd go back and like, you know, hope the power was on, you know, but.
Speaker 1: You always like say, Mom, I love you so much, but can I have spend Christmas at Dad's.
Speaker 2: We actually had that conversation once and she won. But I was happy to stay with my mom.
Speaker 4: I really was.
Speaker 1: Why don't I get to call you monk?
Speaker 4: You can call me monk.
Speaker 1: You've never told me to call you monk. Oh well, no, you.
Speaker 4: Can call me whatever you want to call me. Who picked monk?
Speaker 2: My aunt? So my dad's name is monkey. There's a lot there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm never going to say that, just clear.
Speaker 4: You can, but this is his story. No I'm not. No, well you know, as we all know, that was a derogatory term.
Speaker 2: But my dad had a different father than the rest of his brothers and sisters, and they knew, but he didn't know. His mom knew, and they kept it a secret. And so my dad's from a little town in Marshall, Texas, huh, And he grew up on his He was born like on a sharecropping farm. Basically, his mother and father were sharecroppers, which is code for slaves and lonster short. She my grandma had an affair with a guy about your height, about your complexion from Texarcana, and he worked on the railroad.
Speaker 4: He had a good job, and they had George.
Speaker 2: So my grandfather was you know about the color of this mug right here, and sorry, my JD.
Speaker 4: Foreman, who should have been my grandfather.
Speaker 2: They were both very dark and when my dad came out, he was really like complected like you. And so typically, like with dark skinned people, when the baby comes out, around the edges of the ear are dark. And they looked at the baby and they're like, we don't see that. So they waited a few weeks and the baby was still light complected, and so they started gossiping around the town. And she was so embarrassed, and he was so embarrassed. She got out of there. And then all of a sudden years went by. My brother kept getting taller. I mean, my father kept getting taller and taller than his brothers and sisters, and he never got dark, and so they all knew it.
Speaker 4: They didn't tell him to. He's twenty seven.
Speaker 2: So as a youngster, they teased him a lot, and they called them all types of names. Monkey, it was kind of a term they used to tease, and it was at first it was hurtful, but it became his name, so much said in the streets he was known as monkey. So anyway, my aunt was like, we can't have two monkeys in this household. So I'm gonna call him monk, and I'm gonna call your dad monkey. When I was born, he was like, all right, I'm going to name him George the third, but I'm also going to give him my name monk monkey, and then my.
Speaker 4: Aunt shorten it. So here we are, okay, So you can call me monk.
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm never guess what I dare you never calling you monk, calling you George forever. So this is how we know to our Our children play together a lot. And one time I was at a playground and your wife, who, by the way, your wife a wonderful person, always late. Okay, I don't I don't have a question for this. I just want to get that on the air.
Speaker 2: Always she has no concept zero compets concept of holy count.
Speaker 1: For the record, George's wife, Sarah is white. And when I was listening to this back, I realized that I didn't bring that up. And then when implying that she's always late, I'm like, oh no, that sounds like I'm perpetuating a racist stereotype about black people, which I wasn't, And I see color, you know, and even though technically white is the absence of color, but I wasn't implying. And so now I want you to know that she was white, and that was why I was comfortable saying that, or I would be comfortable saying now, had she been Cuban, that's a different thing. Because I lived in Miami, forbidden. Cuban time is something that we always say, implying that Cubans are always a half hour to an hour late. But I assume that's also racist, So maybe I shouldn't bring that up. The real thing about his wife, to be honest with you, to forget the fact that she's always late. She swears like a sailor. She was talking to this other parent, this guy, and I was not in the conversation. I happened to just be kind of over here, and as I was walking by, and he goes, oh, which daughter is yours? And I walked by right at that moment, and I go, oh, the one that looks like George Foreman. And I kept walking and he goes, oh, is she black? And then she you know, because she's great at kind of awkward conversations. Was like, well, yes, yes she is, and it was just oh, it was great, great ate this moment.
Speaker 2: It was funny though I heard there was a moment where he was looking around trying to figure it out.
Speaker 1: You know, he had no idea what he was he was, so he was so mortified that he said, well, what is she black? I was like, oh, this is good. I just made an awkward conversation.
Speaker 4: But we also became friends.
Speaker 1: Your daughter is h is very strong physically, she's tall, like gonna be an athlete. I'm going to tell you a story about your daughter that you might not know. She made my son cry. Yeah, yeah, but you I don't want you. It's not your your instinct is wrong. Of why she did. She was talking to him and she was like, you know, my my dad is stronger than your dad. And and I told my son that's true. He's he's a lot stronger than me. It's okay. And he got so upset and he was crying, and I go, it's okay. I'm not you don't have a strong dad. But and then I said, but I can. I can dive better than her dad into because you came. You were in Tahoe once. We were jumping off some rocks, some cliffs, and I watched you dive in. It was poor, It wasn't great. It was And I say, say, you know what, that's actually a better trait than being stronger. If you're going to watch the Olympics, what event are you gonna watch? Are you gonna watch a lifting competition? No, it barely gets coverage. But diving, that's that's NBC, that's Prime time diving. So I was telling my son that diving is actually that's a better trait. You're a badass into water, by the way, I will take your Your daughter has swim class at my house once a week, and and literally last week I watched her do two full laps long ways, just just killed it. Now she used to not even want to get her face sweat or anything like that. And this is one of the moments in my life that I think I'm the most the top three proudest moments. Your daughter couldn't swim at the time, and he hated being in the water. And I got her in the water and took her wake surfing with you on the back of the boat, just like waiting to murder me if something went wrong.
Speaker 2: I've never done anything with myself like that, with my daughter like that before, and I will never do anything like that with my daughter after just with you, because I was sitting there and I was like looking at it, and my wife was like, what do you think? And I was like, you know what, sure because number one, I know you, and I was like, he would die if anything happened.
Speaker 4: Number two, I was like, this would be a pretty good lawsuit.
Speaker 2: Like I could just see this, and I've never sued anybody, but I've been sued, so I know what a good lawsuit is, and I was like, this one will be awesome.
Speaker 1: In hindsight. I was like, I was like, that was really really, really brave of me. Your dad was obviously a strict father. Yes, so I mean some of that has filtered onto your price. You've got you've got some conservative roots for sure. Now, one of the other fathers at pick up, I'm told I've heard this, I've heard this is the great ran, but it's such a good story that it makes me laugh. He asked if you would be interested because he's a producer in starring in some gay porn and I was like, this is in This is the greatest thing I'd ever heard. I laughed so hard. I was like, this little guy went up to George and asked him, Hey, would you be interested? You know, totally professional, not wasn't giving you drinks or anything like that. Just just now what did what did? What went through your brain where You're like, oh, we got to leave. We can't live in a place like this where I'm being asked this at school pickup.
Speaker 2: I was like number one, like where do you get the nerve to ask me like that? And then he followed up and I said, I don't know if I you know, I was like, I don't know if I could do that, and he was like, well, you'll never make it in Hollywood if you don't. The funniest thing about that guy, by the way, was that he was like, you know, like going on and on about how he's like a movie producer and so on and so forth. And I met him a couple of times and then finally like pulled me to the side and he was like, I made my money important.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: Because he had all these stories about like how he lives in Malibu. You know, everybody like has their story, which is fascinating. But he was hiding that one. And then he said, I'd like to cast you.
Speaker 1: So when does the movie come out? I didn't know this for a long time. You used to date Kim Kardashian.
Speaker 4: I forgot. How'd you know that this air tell you.
Speaker 1: That I don't disclose my sources?
Speaker 4: I know that's true.
Speaker 1: Was this pre ray J post ray J?
Speaker 4: In the midst of the breakup? And oh wow? All right, so I'll just go through fast.
Speaker 1: By the way, I don't I don't want I'm not one of these people that wants to hear another man kiss and tell I think that's tacky. But if you want to talk about eating ass, I'm all ears.
Speaker 4: It's actually a pretty funny story.
Speaker 2: So there's no like really kissed her tale because I was like, I actually like, really liked her. She's like sure, I would really like her too, super polite. There was no nothing on the internet about here. Like she was a stylist and would manage like wardrobes for people. She was working for Paris Hilton, and I was just like the perfect gentleman. And I was like, I want to meet your family. I want to meet Bruce at the time, Now it's Caitlin either.
Speaker 4: Both are great.
Speaker 2: Still her dad yep, and I want to meet your mom met.
Speaker 4: Her, her her sisters.
Speaker 2: They were small at the time, and I remember like taking Kylie and the other one and just being like, can you please get them off me.
Speaker 4: I didn't know they were going to be big stars.
Speaker 1: You would have left them on you.
Speaker 4: I would have been much nicer.
Speaker 2: They're just bad kids at the time, and I was just like always like respectful. And this went on for like five or six months, and finally she texts me one day and she goes, are you a virgin? Because I was being such a gentleman, uh huh and so, and of course I was like no. I was like I'm just this is how you're supposed to treat women, you know, and so. And then shortly thereafter, about a month later, the news hit and of course, like I've been telling my brothers and my best friends about, like I'm dating this girl. She's cool, like I think this could be one of the ones, you know whatever, like she's special, and the news comes out and they're all texting me like ha ha, They're sending me videos and of course, like I went through that, which is completely fine.
Speaker 5: A tough thing to go through though, No, No, you were smacked out in the middle of Holy Cow.
Speaker 2: But I made it my business to double down on our friendship, right because at that point we had I think we had like a week or right before that, we had kind of like broken up. It was my fault, and because I was being a little bit of a punk, long story short, I was like, you know what, at a time where everybody's back and the way, we're going to have a real friendship.
Speaker 5: And once once you saw how good it was, No, it was unfair, like really, I mean it was unfair because it's like it was her boyfriend.
Speaker 1: You're going beautiful. I had no issue with her. She's got some hustle.
Speaker 2: They're doing the same thing everybody does at home except for you and her, And now everybody just got to see it, Like, can you imagine if anybody had a camera on what we do at home?
Speaker 1: Oh man, that'd be the worst two and a half minute video ever.
Speaker 2: I thought it was just unfair, So I'm glad she played it the way right she did.
Speaker 1: Do you think about how much better, i mean different, your life would be if you would have married Kim Kardashian. I didn't mean to say better.
Speaker 2: Nah, I mean, unfortunately, I tell you I'm dyslexic like that. I don't really think like that. I always think maybe you know, those are the we had different journeys and it is what it is.
Speaker 4: She's now two doors down for me, though, which is weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're real good friends with her mom, Chris, that's great and weird.
Speaker 2: Once again, I always wanted to get to know a lady's parents because I feel like when you marry them, you're marrying their parents.
Speaker 1: I you know what I wish I would have talked to you before I got married. My wife would would get very paranoid or I would add to it. If you if she was going to feed you, she beg we got to get more food. There's there's not enough, and I would like, whatever you're doing, I triple it, triple a normal day. And by the way, I've also seen your comically silly cereal bowl that you like to eat cereal out of something which is cereal.
Speaker 4: Man, that's my vice.
Speaker 1: I mean, by the way, those boxes have gotten so much like the bags and are so small. Are you eating like a bag at a time? A whole box of cereal.
Speaker 4: Easy, that's really fun. What's yours?
Speaker 1: My biggest vice?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, Heroin, Heroin, heroin.
Speaker 1: It's always been my vice. I love food, but then I get sick.
Speaker 5: I get sick and my stomach just flushes everything out.
Speaker 4: You might need to might have a gluten allergy.
Speaker 2: Me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I just I don't care enough to like figure it out. I'd rather just go sit on the toilet for forty five minutes. Now, as a black man, did you enjoy today driving from your home in Calabasas to come here to work with three white guys in Baldwin Hills?
Speaker 4: It is interesting. I find culture very interesting.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you two things what I did find fast And I've never been to Baldwin Hills. And I've never been to a Starbucks where all the employees are black, all the people on line are black. And number two, I've never been doing Starbucks that move so quickly, like they were churning in there, like it was so well run. But number two, like I was raised not to see race, so I actually don't see race. It might be a disorder or something like that. I was in my household. We were raised we couldn't use the word white or black, like you might as well have said the F word. You'd be better off versus calling someone white, black, or even like Mexican. You couldn't say that. You had to say they're from Mexico. So my dad didn't believe in that. I have all these moments all the time where I'm like, I forget I'm the only black person in the room.
Speaker 1: So you're telling me, if you described me, you wouldn't say when would you say white? I would never say you would never bring it up in describing me. No, No, I'll talk about who you are, where you're from, right. But I'm saying if you're like, what's he look like?
Speaker 2: I would say you look like somebody who looks like you. I'd be like, he's your grandpa, He's.
Speaker 4: I would say.
Speaker 2: I would reference someone and be like, oh, he's the same complexion as if it mattered.
Speaker 1: Well, hey, I'll tell you when you saw colors as a former neighbor of mine. First of all, for people that don't know, you stopped boxing, I don't know, a decade ago. Yeah, all right, so you're gonna you're gonna fight again. But you started training and then you had a post on next door app Oh, hey, guys, I'm training for a fight or I'm training I'm gonna be jogging at night. So if you see a huge black man running through Malibu, don't call the police or don't shoot me. And I'm paraphrase, I'm hairphrasy direct quote, but no, director, I don't know if I have a screenshot of it, but that's real. You knew that, you didn't know that, you didn't have to do that, but you're like, you know what, I'm gonna do this because unfortunately a lot of other people do see color.
Speaker 4: Which I'm fully aware of.
Speaker 2: Okay, So then we moved to cal We moved out here in Malibu, and I said, you know what, let's go to the best place.
Speaker 4: We found this little gated neighborhood.
Speaker 2: And because I want safety just from everything right sure for everybody. You have to be careful, especially in LA And I was getting ready to get in shape and start running again because I do want to fight. And I started running around. I was terrified and actually never get scared. I like, don't register fear that well either. I think that's a form of disorder that's also from just being strong. So I looked at my wife. I came back because I like my short My run was only twenty minutes, and he's like, why did you you know only run so long?
Speaker 4: I said, you know what, I realized, I don't want to.
Speaker 2: I got to come back home to Hannah, and no matter what I think, like, if someone shoots me, like you just see it on the news, maybe I'll watch so much news.
Speaker 4: But that's that's why I put it out there.
Speaker 2: I did not say a black guy, but my profile clearly shows them the same color as my grandma.
Speaker 1: Well, I just was like, you know, who's not having to put that post up? A white guy? So I felt I felt like, that's oh look at that. That's horrible that you have to.
Speaker 4: But it's all good, man? Is this?
Speaker 1: Let me tell you my thoughts on boxing first, because I got to be honest with you. I don't like boxing, like I don't like the UFC. And and here's why I can't watch people fighting. It makes me sick to my stomach a little bit. And I've always been like that. Whenever, like a fight broke out in school and everybody crowded around, I was the kid that was like, oh no, oh, this is bad.
Speaker 4: This is bad.
Speaker 1: What we let's stop them. Fighting's always made me feel really weird.
Speaker 4: It's boxing.
Speaker 2: If you trained the boxing, you realize, like when you're when it's a sport and you're training to see the punches coming, they don't hurt that bad.
Speaker 4: Number one. The headshots don't really hurt that the body shots.
Speaker 2: That hurt, and you you'll probably look at boxing different once you box.
Speaker 1: With me, right, I'm not gonna I'm almost fifty. There's no way I'm getting punched.
Speaker 4: My dad was fighting when he was fifty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but he fought when he was twenty two, so it's a little different. It's not even it's not even a mental thing. It's I physically feel ill watching people fight.
Speaker 2: I feel like that during UFC though, because in boxing there's it's a gentleman sport, so to speak, and people do foul sometime, but you're supposed to once a guy can't fight anymore, you can't, you're supposed to back off unless let the referee do his job. In MMA, and I have full respect for UFC and Dana White, and I love what they've accomplished. But you hit a guy, he goes down. He's actually knocked unconscious but kind of moving still. You can be out on your feet and still be lucid, and then you go down and you start banging his head until the ref stops it. I think that's inappropriate. I actually can't watch UFC. I actually get sick the same way. And I'm a fighter.
Speaker 1: Here's another thing I don't understand about boxing always having to hate your opponent, whether it's the pre fight stuff where I always thought, I've thought this long time, wouldn't it be funny if the guy was like, Ah, I love this guy, He's great. I wish him the best. I'm you know, I'm gonna I'm because you know, I bring it to basketball like Michael Jordan, like he always had to hate his opponent he could, you know. But now generations like Lebron, like they can go out to dinner and they can play basketball that night. It's not like he's not going to try to kill him on the court.
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 1: You know, the two don't have to go hand in hand. As what I'm saying, you don't have to hate somebody to compete against them.
Speaker 4: I think that there's two reasons.
Speaker 2: Number One, boxing comes from the same play as WWF comes from Madison Square Garden and then it was the same promoters. They would work together and promote boxing the same way they did wrestling. It's you have Pee Wee Herman versus King Kong and Pever Herman wins, Oh my god, we got to see a rematch, right, And so that's how boxing was promoted, and eventually it became more about the sport and the competition and there aren't that great but there's a direct line between P. T. Barnum and Don King like mentor friend and so on and so forth, and so we knew we had to hype these fights up otherwise no one cares. And then what happens now, though, is everybody knows we got to talk up the fight because otherwise it's boring and there's no story. Every boxer knows the fight starts when you signed the contract, right because you got to get the psychological advantage. But what happens is the both fighters know, hey, we got to talk it up, and at some point someone goes too far and now it becomes a real fight, and you also you're trying to win the exchange.
Speaker 4: So I think that that's what happens, and it I.
Speaker 1: Mean I all that makes sense. It was a roast battle. How were you six sixteen and zero in your career and then you retired? Who does that?
Speaker 4: Well? Two things.
Speaker 2: So when I was training, it's a I don't know if it's a myth, but when you're training, you can't.
Speaker 4: You have to be celibate.
Speaker 1: You don't. That's another thing that's probably made up. I don't whoever made whoever came up with. That was why I take a chance. So that was my attitude. So for like five years, I'm celibate. You know, you're kind of like excited not to have to be like that. Put it that way, What if you weren't and then all of a sudden had the best fight of your life, would you be like, oh, that's way better.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, I'm not willing to take that chance. I'm not at least you got to say. For at least six eight weeks, and I was fighting every six eight weeks, I would masturbate on the way to the ring. See what happens.
Speaker 4: I'd love to fight you.
Speaker 1: You know, wall boxes always have rappers bringing them to the ring. A lot of times I see that on big fights. I think it'd be cool if you had like a comic and I'm just doing material on the way to the ring, you ever.
Speaker 4: Notice, I think it would be a better fit than rapping.
Speaker 1: You know, the worst time I ever saw you got hit it's not boxing. It was when you walked into a giant umbrella at that restaurant. You remember, you turned and hit that thing right in your head.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, that hurts. That was actually worse than I've ever been punched before. Seriously, man, I can take a punch, but that was horrible.
Speaker 1: I want to get back to the question that I asked you, which is you were sixteen and oh and then you just walked away. But were you a champion at sixteen?
Speaker 4: And oh?
Speaker 1: Did you ever get?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: What level do you get to at sixteen?
Speaker 4: And oh?
Speaker 2: Boxing's a wild wall West of sports. There's no proper league. There's like four belts which you're sanctioning bodies. Then there's separate promoters, separate networks. It's not concentrated the power and the control like UFC, which is why the sport struggles. So for me, I didn't have an amateur career. I had sixteen fights just fighting. Honestly, whoever they would put in front of me, to get experience in front of crowds, to get used to that, and also to like when you fight, only twenty percent of what you can do and makes it to the ring, and then as you get more experienced, eighty percent of what you can do in the gym makes it to the ring. So it was about preparation, but honestly, it was becoming the most popular fighter, proving that I can compete, and then it was about having a fighting for the heavyweight title, and that's still my goal to this day. I only put it down because I didn't want to make my living off of boxing, because I was too scary to like, if I don't get a fight, I can't pay my bills. So I started a gym to make money between fights.
Speaker 1: How many gyms do you have now?
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 2: I have four locations. One is mine in Calabasa is the other of franchises in Canada.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about your employees. You're not afraid to look at a resume and go, oh, it says here you were in prison for a while.
Speaker 4: No, I mean I owe a lot of it to my dad.
Speaker 2: Number one. My dad was a criminal. He was thrown in jail multiple times before sixteen, anything horrible, just beating up people, beating up his friends, stuff like that.
Speaker 4: He was an angry guy.
Speaker 2: But he literally used to charge attacks to people to cross streets, like you can't cross the street unless you pay George, He's gone to do some great things.
Speaker 1: I wish that fuddy was still doing well. Remember to make money just telling people you want to cross the street. They're like the crosswalk signals on.
Speaker 2: He's like, no, I actually met a guy if he's like I always looked up to your dad. And I was like why because I was sticking the boxing and the quills, and he said, man, I already used to charge attacks for people to walk across the street. And he's like that blew my mind. And this is like a real like dude, you know what I mean, Like a serious dude. If you know what I mean, you think, oh sorry. My point on that was, I grew up. I never beat anybody up in school. I was beat up once, and I can't beat you up.
Speaker 4: Was first grade.
Speaker 2: I just moved back to be closer to my father, and a group of kids called me the N word, and of course I had something to say about that, huh, And I tried to like fight, and they grabbed my hands, pulled, you know, pulled me back and beat me up.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, you got jumped.
Speaker 4: I got jumped.
Speaker 1: No, no, but no kid in first grades one on one beating you up.
Speaker 2: No no, no, but I got jumped and like held down and beat up. And so I told my dad about it and whatever, and he was like, look, he said, if you're going to fight in school, you need to be prepared to come home and fight me. You're not going to fight in school. And so I said, you know what, I backed down from every fight or bluffed my way out of it because I was literally more afraid of what would happen to me when I.
Speaker 1: Come Yeah, at home's the heavyweight champ. At school is just a little prick.
Speaker 2: So when my neighbor comes up to me with a pistol or someone says I've been in jail for seventeen years, I just see a human. I'm not afraid of them. I'm more afraid of my dad. You could take your dad right now.
Speaker 4: I don't know. He still punch is pretty hard.
Speaker 1: That'd be the fight. Let's get that on the Hey, what is the deal? One of your first few fights coming up the people. Are you just picking somebody to punch the head or how's it work?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean, look, you know that people, some people call them bums or whatever, but I think, look, it's it's it's a feat to walk in the ring and take your shirt off and fight in front of three to six thousand or twenty thousand people. But it's literally everybody does it because it's how you get sharp, and it's how you get yourself in front of fans. Like I don't know if you like practice material or use this, of.
Speaker 1: Course I do.
Speaker 2: It's like that, and then when you're like, yo, I got this down, then it's time to put it all in the line. But every time you walk in the ring, you're risking your entire career. You can get knocked out, so you only take the big risk when there's a big paycheck.
Speaker 1: But that's not considered fixed though, right, No.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, that stopped in like maybe the sixties seventies.
Speaker 1: What a fixed fight?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they wouldn't so much.
Speaker 2: I mean they would remember the mob control boxing until seventies. But remember they also control gambling, so there were things like hey, there's this champion and this guy who everybody thinks can beat the champion.
Speaker 4: Let's have this fight.
Speaker 2: And they would ask a champion, hey, don't fight too hard, make it competitive. You're gonna lose this one, so they can have a rubber match and have the second and third it's CONT's a controversial loss. Everybody wants to see the next fight, so it's even bigger. And then you're gonna win this second fight. Well, now everybody wants to see the tiebreaker, and then the tiebreaker is a fair fight. And people kind of just knew that and that those are the types of things they would do to make great fights but also make money. On the gambling side, you gamble, ever, I do slot machines. I don't know how to gamble. I'm like, not that smart. I would love to gamble with you.
Speaker 1: Though I enjoy gambling. What's your favorite what's your favorite boxing movie?
Speaker 4: Raging Bull.
Speaker 2: If you know boxing and you're from the culture that they like, they have it down to a t, because when you become great and you're fighting, you get really paranoid. And I don't know if you've seen it, but there's a scene where he can he accused his brother of sleeping with his wife that was boxed. That's the life of a prize fighter.
Speaker 1: Mine's coming to America.
Speaker 4: What's your favorite part?
Speaker 1: Well, just the boxing barbershops.
Speaker 4: Joe Louis. Yeah, that was classic Eddie Murphy's nuts.
Speaker 1: By the way, I know this because you were at my house last night. You don't listen to this show. You haven't watched this show every episode. Because I appreciate people taking time out, but I also hate having stuff at my house. I give them something from my house that I don't want anymore, and I say, here, you take this, and that's your gift for being on the show. So today this is what I got you, George, for being on the show.
Speaker 4: I want your house. Can you give me that.
Speaker 2: I got?
Speaker 1: Actually, brough, I got you my bounce house?
Speaker 4: Oh my, are you serious?
Speaker 1: Care about?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: You can handle anything. So last night the kids are playing in the bounce house and he's like, you own you own your own bounce house. I'm like, yeah, I owned my so now I'm giving it to you so that you and your daughter. Oh it's a good ring for her. Uh And on rainy days, this thing is is it fits inside? You move some furniture.
Speaker 4: I can't fit this in my house.
Speaker 1: But you'll you'll find a place for It'll be great, It'll be great. You ever taken you ever taken a pull on punch from your dad back in the day.
Speaker 2: Like yes, one time when I was like six or seven, we were fighting and.
Speaker 1: Whoa six or I was hoping you were in the ring at twenty all right, never mind, he.
Speaker 2: Really didn't punch me. He like snapped a punch right it. You know, he could pull it punch before he hit you. And that was one that obviously that inert we were play fighting. But then when I became a boxer, my dad was my trainer and my manager for six years. One day he was like, hey, I gotta if I'm going to train you, I got it. I only know what type of five of you are if I get in the ring with you. So we got in the ring together for the whole week, and he wouldn't wrap my hands, you wouldn't to me. He would go into the corner and be like, you know, get over there, like you're just another fighter now. And for the whole week, he was about sixty three years old. We sparred every single day and I was just running like Ali literally and finally he was like, I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Get ahold of you.
Speaker 2: Like the fourth day, he reached over and leaned to the left and he was about to hit me so hard on my liver, I remember it, and he pulled back and he kind of looked at me like.
Speaker 4: Don't get ahead of yourself, like I can still whip your ass. Uh. So that happened.
Speaker 1: Are you the one person that doesn't love Muhammad Ali because he beat up your dad?
Speaker 4: I mean there's two parts of that.
Speaker 2: I have a lot. Muhammad Ali was a great fighter. I respect him and so on and so forth. But the part like, had he not beat my dad, neither one of them would be legends.
Speaker 4: In my opinion.
Speaker 2: I think where I was the only thing I would ever hold against him is that he didn't give him a rematch. Yeah, but he was Ali. He was washed up at the time, so to speak. He was on his way out. He fought him. Everybody convinced my dad to fight Ali because that was what you did back then.
Speaker 4: It was traditional.
Speaker 2: If there was a big champ, you give him one more payday so he can retire, and then you absorb his fan base. And so my dad was like, all right, just pay me I'll fight him. And the only guy to beat Ali at that point where Joe Frazier, who my dad beat in two rounds. I love boxing, so bear with me. Kenny Norton broke his jaw. My dad beat him inside two rounds. And then Ali's thirty four at the time, which is old in boxing, and so they're like, George.
Speaker 4: Is going to kill him.
Speaker 2: And so once again he was like, if I beat him, I'm not going to get credit. If I heard him that, people are going to hate me. But this is five million dollars. This is the biggest payday ever in sports history. So he did it. But then Ali beat him and everybody said, oh my god, this guy came. It's like Superman. He was in an impossible situation and won. Now he's the greatest of all time. So I think that's really cool. And then twenty years later, my dad was able to get his title after losing it, and now he became great because he's forty six years old, redeeming himself. So I think it worked out for both of them. That's the way it was supposed to happen.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: Now I'm gonna get into the grill because it's just gonna make me laugh. It wasn't like it this was a slam dunk. It wasn't like, oh, your dad was just such a business genius. It was like they brought him this and he was like, ah, whatever, and then he asked for sixteen grills.
Speaker 4: All true.
Speaker 2: So so we're bankrupt. My dad fights twenty times in like three years. He's bankrupt because he spends. He spends Number one he gives, I can't say no to people. And also the guy who manages his money stole it.
Speaker 1: This is when he don't hire felons for certain positions.
Speaker 4: These white collar crimes are way worse.
Speaker 2: But agreed, he's making He made thirteen million dollars to fight Holy Phil. Then was ten million, ten millions. So the commercials he would get paid for six half hour day, six hour shoot, two hundred and fifty three hundred. This is like, we're thrilled to make this type of money. He doesn't have to get hit and so that's what he's used to. So a friend of his had a friend who was with him in college and said, hey, we have this grill that my friend is marketing. It's been taking off the shelves before. We can't to get it going, But how about you promote it? He was like, fine, just pay me about two hundred to four hundred thousand dollars and I'll be there for six hours. They're like no. Then they said, well, just form a joint venture. We'll provide the operations, you provide your time in your name, and you'll own twenty percent of it, twenty two percent of it, twenty three no, no.
Speaker 1: What was his magic number? What was his magic number?
Speaker 4: Sixteen grills?
Speaker 1: Sixteen grills?
Speaker 2: So finally the one percentage to find the offer got up to forty five percent of a joint venture.
Speaker 4: U huh. And after all the expenses were paid, he keep the pro forty five.
Speaker 2: Percent in free grills because he liked him. Well, my mom had been cooking grilled cheese for us. There's so many of us and his steaks and the teflon rubbed off, and so he said, I want sixteen grills, which is enough for the teflon to rub off and still have one enough for my homes and enough for my mother. Okay, And he said, I'll give you a half day shoot, and that got the deal done.
Speaker 1: And how many years went by before it exploded?
Speaker 4: So that the deal was signed in ninety three.
Speaker 2: At the end of ninety four, he buy a fluke, got a heavyweight title shot in one Now he's in the cover of Sports Illustrated Athlete of the Year and they're like, wow, we got this guy for cheap. It still wasn't doing good, so they kept promoting it, promoting it, and they said, George, we want to tweak it and take the videos of you boxing and show videos at home with your kids cooking, actually using it, and then they just put everything behind it, and by nineteen ninety seven then things started to change. He had his last fight, he was forty nine, lost the decision. They come in and give his manager came and gave him a check. His attorney for a million dollars and that was just one month of his forty five percent and at that point he was like, I think I can retire.
Speaker 1: So now he's now he got a million a month, what's the most He was making like five million a month just off the grill, And then they got fed up. They're like, we can't keep paying you this much money. So they're like, how much just to own your name on this grill forever? And you walk away and They're like, you're like a one hundred and twenty eight million what was the number?
Speaker 2: There was a publicly traded company, so they had to report at some point and say like, why is all this money going up to So they offered him one hundred and thirty seven million. Twenty of it was stock, and the stock went up when they did the deal because now the company's going to be more profitable. So it ended up being about one hundred and seventy ish million. I know for a fact that you have a Weber.
Speaker 4: Yes, I have a Webber. Come on, man, come on.
Speaker 1: Do you think in hindsight your dad, if your dad could have had that grill money, do you think he would have not fought that final comeback run. Yes, he didn't want to fight, even though he became the heavyweight champion.
Speaker 2: Again, look my dad, he said if he had a college degree, he would have been a teacher. He was a preacher and he's like this is all I know how to do. And he did love boxing, but no, he wouldn't no way with that.
Speaker 1: I wonder if people ever went to his church and went, hey, isn't that the guy that used to charge us to walk across the street? By the way, I just recently saw because I look at some blogs of cars and he just unloaded the most like a hundred cars and he still has a lot more. Of course he does. And I'm just like going through these cars like it's like they're they're so random. And then like then they all have like three thousand miles on him, they're like nothing.
Speaker 2: He had a beatle with two hundred miles on it, lag and beatle.
Speaker 1: Your dad also has right now over one hundred dogs true.
Speaker 4: Or false true that we know of. He hides them from my mom.
Speaker 1: And you do you guys sell them or.
Speaker 2: It's a pleasure thing. He'll sell them if like he finds a good home. You know, sometime he'll just give them to people because he cares about the home. He's literally Doctor Doolittle. We grew up with.
Speaker 4: Crocodiles, antelope, elk let's see monkeys, lemurs, cows, of course, horses, over one hundred horses.
Speaker 1: Right, it's you understand why he went bankrupt a couple of hours, right, Like you can't have a zoo, like that's not zoos are run by the city, Like that's is your dad getting sweeter as he gets older.
Speaker 2: He's a he's always been a puppy dog, right, but he's been tough to the kids.
Speaker 4: He was.
Speaker 1: He was just strict, right, well strict and puppy dogs are far apart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think yeah, he's definitely way more lean it. And he's saw like even his ministries. You know, when it started, it was like, the Bible says what the Bible says, and that's what we're preaching.
Speaker 4: And now he it's the doctrine of love.
Speaker 2: He's like, if it's in the book, if it's in the Bible, but it violates me loving somebody, then I'm not for it.
Speaker 4: So he's definitely nice to hear.
Speaker 1: The first question I ask all my guests, Yeah, do you believe in ghosts?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, I do. I can't disprove it.
Speaker 2: And I had one incident in the Langham Hotel where there was a butler. Our room came with a butler, and my dad and my mom were in the next room and they were sleep and I was looking at the door. I'm meeting my room service, and the door just closes and I run to the door, and long story short, I won't explain the context.
Speaker 4: I'm sure it was a ghost.
Speaker 1: But that's it. That's from that moment you're like, well, ghost are real because of this moment of one door that swung closed or opened, which was an open closed, it was slightly open, it was slightly opened, and then it closed. Yeah yeah, yeah, that man's just a draft. Something came through. It was a ghost man.
Speaker 2: Because so if you that hotel, I don't know if it's still called the Langham. It's an old hospital.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Old that's a key word in this because old stuff always things happen.
Speaker 4: Do you believe the ghost No, of course I do. Why not?
Speaker 1: I don't know because I just don't true or false? You're considering doing that porn, George, I got.
Speaker 4: To feed my family. But hopefully things will things will never get to that point.
Speaker 1: You've got. You've got a wonderful family, You've got a wonderful gym uh And you know, if you want a box, I'm gonna obviously I'll root for you, but I'm probably I'm probably not gonna pay pay per view for it. You'll pirate it if possible. But thank you for being on the show, George, talking to you, Pasha, well Carl, that was a delight. Thank you very much, George, and I will be calling you George for the rest of my life and nothing else. Just George. You know, what I admire so much about George is is that he has just so much respect and he's and he's proud of his dad, and there's just that's just kind of neat. I just you know, I I could learn from that a little bit. But then again, my dad wasn't the heavyweight champion of the world. You know, my dad worked at human resources, and it's just not as cool. It's just it's just harder to be so proud of that. But I but I should. I should. He's because you know, his dad is strict, probably too strict, but whatever. He uh, that's that's that's a that's a good thing that they've got going. And I'm glad that George Senior is in good health. That's great. I'm happy that he was on the show.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: Check out my tour dates. I'm performing all over the place. Get a ticket, come see me. It's enjoyable. Boysworpink dot com. Check out the charitable clothing company for toddlers, The Goat, premiering on Freebie and Amazon. Probably going to be the biggest reality show. Since who Wants to Marry a Millionaire? Remember that show? Oh yeah, that shitty comic that had one house that was barely worth a million dollars, so they called him a millionaire. Yep, that's funny. Rick Rockwell, Rick Rockwell, good name, Paul Eddie Jesus. All right, now it's time for one of my son's bedtime stories that were recorded when he was three years old. Enjoy the animation and whatever I think he said, I'll be on. I try to ask him sometime. I'm like, what do you think you said here? And he's like I don't know. And I'm like, ah, he's so mad, and just make him sit there. Mich well, then you can't get up on the table. Like three hours later, Dad, I don't know what I said. Tell me what the shark ate? See you next week.
Speaker 6: I'm telling the same story, but edition zog in it.
Speaker 5: Oh you're gonna tell me a different version of the same story. All right, let's hear it.
Speaker 6: A plenty of time and tall the pavement, pray the law. They went a while, but he'd like you to freak down, okay, something happy my head? Well, someone said my head, poor daw And then the penguin and a baby pay she said she was a baby.
Speaker 5: I don't like this story at all. It's not good. It doesn't make sense, and it's it's really hard to understand. I don't like it when your stories have voices, because your voice is already on the scale of tough to understand, and then when you do voices, it's like, what are we talking about.
Speaker 1: At this point?
Speaker 5: See what I'm saying. I can't understand that.
Speaker 6: Baby.
Speaker 5: Okay, you're still doing it, but don't what's one hundred and fifty six times twenty eight?
Speaker 6: Don't find your son?
Speaker 5: That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, I have to remind you wherever you're listening to this podcast to make sure that you rate it, but rate it five stars. If you're gonna rate it four stars, you know what, don't even bother five stars. Please also subscribe that matters. Subscribe and rate but rate high