Speaker 1: You're listening to the Buck Sexton Show podcast, make sure you subscribe to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Hey, everybody, welcome to the Buck Brief. We got our buddy, Kurt Schlickter back.
Speaker 3: In the house. The man himself.
Speaker 2: He is a lawyer, he is many many years in the United States military. He's a senior columnist at townhall dot com. He's an author. He's got a new book coming out which makes a great stocking stuffer, but for early next year, right because it technically you can't stock your stuffing with it X. It's coming out the first week of January, but you should pre order it if you can. The Attack by Kurt Schlickter, coming out January eighth.
Speaker 3: Mister Kurt, how are you, buddy?
Speaker 1: Oh? I'm doing great. I've got my Noel going on.
Speaker 3: That's good. That's good to know.
Speaker 2: So I wanted to know for you. You know, this is a little bit of a of a year in review and then a year look ahead show. Right, what for you is the biggest and most interesting story of twenty twenty three?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: What were you just as fired up about as anything?
Speaker 1: Well? Look, I think I think the story that sums up twenty twenty three was the Senate staffer and his buddy making it happen in the Senate hearing room. I think that perfectly encapsulated everything about this year, from a gross leftism to bizarre perversion, to a total contempt for our norms and our institutions. I think that we can tell me there is like the perfect ending.
Speaker 2: It's really in the Christmas spirit. Apparently with it it's like the worst year ever.
Speaker 1: I mean, look at this. You've got America is in retreat around the globe. We have a economy that's in the dumpster. We have a an alleged president who's trying to, you know, if not arrest, at least disenfranchised his political opponent. I mean, there's so much to choose from. Yeah, Harvard, you have a midwain diversity hire who's a plagiarist, who's heading America's allegedly greatest university. I mean, it's uh, Jimmy Carter is just happy that he's not going to pass on to his reward before seeing a worse president than him.
Speaker 2: You know a lot of people are just listening to this, so they don't they don't really see it because they don'tubscribe to the YouTube channel, which they should YouTube Buck Sexton for the Buck brief. But you know, this is one thing people say, oh do you have you have such You know that they will comment on my luxurious main and with the donor is stand Kurt. A lot of maintenance goes into this and it can get it can get crazy like right now, just happened. It started sticking off to the side, like like Dennis the Menace situation, and there's not nothing I can do about it. You know. So while it is a blessing, it is also a curse. This is a total non sequitor. Let's get back to the real things. What what for you is is the thing that uh, you know, in terms of the stories of the past year, is there anything that you think we're going to get a particularly joyous resolution to in the coming year, whether it's a conflict abroad or a election here at home? I mean, what, what's kind of making you hopeful? Grinch after your whole is everything sucks? America is getting this, you know, butt kicked or whatever.
Speaker 1: I I'm becoming one of those guys. I hate that. I look, I have hope for America. But you know, it's always darkest before the dawn, and don't worry, it can always get worse.
Speaker 3: Okay, can I ask you?
Speaker 2: Can ask you a real question because you're your military guy. My concern here is, so you know, we're both a little we both had a little eggnog with a little spiked rum probably even though it's morning as we're doing this podcast. But but but looking yeah, I mean, is it ever too early for eggnog?
Speaker 3: It's a food group, but I would say.
Speaker 1: And it's always Christmas somewhere.
Speaker 3: That's also true. But but onto like a real question for you.
Speaker 2: On the military side, my concern is with with the Ukraine thing. You'll notice the funding continues, but people putting the Ukraine flags in their bio that's kind of gone down a bit, do you know what I mean? Like somehow it's now on autopilot, like it's not the thing that all the Libs are like, like like they're about to go and fight, you know, alongside the Ukrainian military or something that has died down, right, But you know, the people that had the syringes for the vaccine alongside the flag, now it's just the syringes and even less of that. The Ukraine flags are disappearing too. Are we just going to keep funding this thing though for the next year and no one's really gonna care about America getting I don't know, We'll be three hundred billion in the hole over this thing and nothing changes. They're not even it's not even like one side is winning or losing. Really, it's just like a stalemate.
Speaker 1: It's it's a stalemate. But you know, having knowing something about history gives us kind of an advantage over all the people running this country. What Russia does is it loses initially, then it rebuilds, then it counterattacks, then it destroys its enemy. And you know, it's true under Napoleon, that was true against Hitler, and I think it's gonna be true about Ukraine. And I look, I like Ukraine. I went and trained Ukrainian soldiers. I don't think they should have been invaded. I'm not for Russia. I was actually in the Cold War while a lot of the people with Ukrainian flags were stucking up to the KGB sponsored nuclear phrase movement. So it doesn't give me a pleasure to say, but you know, Ukraine is running out of Ukrainians. I have heard, and I don't know if it's sure or not, that the average age of a Ukrainian soldier is forty three years old. If true, that's not good. That's that's bad. And there are millions of young Ukrainian men who've already voted with their feet. They're all over Europe, they've emmigranted, they're not fighting for their country. I think what we're going to get out out of our three hundred billion is Russia is going to have all its old equipment wiped out, so it's going to build new, modern equipment, and it's going to have all its bad generals killed and then get new generals who know how to fight, so they will come out with a stronger military. We will come out with a weaker one because we're you know, we're using up our stocks of ammunition like one five millimere shells and Himer's missiles or rockets, and we're absolutely not learning anything either, because the United States military seemed capable of learning well.
Speaker 2: Also, though I mean I wonder about this sometimes, you know, from the time I was in Cia and then many years afterwards, I got a sense as to how we we have If you're trying to find people who can in close quarters combat go into a you know, a house and smoke a bunch of Al Qaeda guys.
Speaker 3: We got the best guys in.
Speaker 2: The world at that, I mean our you know, our Delta guys and seals and rangers and and s F and all these like marsk all these guys got I mean the skills set that they developed over these wars and then through the actual you know, experiential component of it from fighting for so many years. We're amazing at that. Are we amazing?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: At the sending tanks across a battlefield, massive amounts of ammunition, artillery support, and all of that at the level we would have to be if we were going to fight against a Russia or a China.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like? Are you know exactly you mean? And thirty three years ago, I was in the Golf War about to be in the Golf War, and that's what we did. We knew how to do that, We knew how to integrate battlefield operating systems to synchronize our operations. We still do training at National Training Center sometimes, but I've got very little faith in our generals. Our generals have any proven track record of failure. They have not won a war, a major war, unequivocally since the aforementioned Golf War. Do you I don't know if they can do conventional fight. I don't know if we have the ammunition to do well.
Speaker 2: That's what what I was gonna ask you, is do we even have the industrial base to support? Because I was reading I was reading articles a year ago, well, I guess it was like nine months ago, but New York Times articles, et cetera, where they were saying, we may run out of the capacity to help the Ukrainians have the capacity to keep firing artillery rounds off, and I was like, really, I was looking.
Speaker 1: At something about an artillery shell making plant in the US, and then we're trying to make like one hundred and seventy shells an hour, which sounds like a lot. An artillery battalion is going to put one hundred and seventy shells out in about ten minutes. That's one artillery battalion out of what needs to be hundreds. Yeah, we're not a serious country about the military. We are a serious country about frivolous nonsense like DEI and equity and weird trans nonsense.
Speaker 2: Well, I want to ask you about that, but hold on for one second because from our sponsor here for a moment. You know, Kurt was just talking about how messed up things have gotten. Well, when Biden watched the Afghan withdrawal, that was a sign of things to come.
Speaker 3: And now we know that.
Speaker 2: The world is looking more destabilized and America is looking weaker on the world stage because of decisions made by our leadership. Russia invaded Ukraine. We're talking about these things, got real violence breaking out all in the Middle East, and it could spread beyond the current battlefield. But former Wall Street insider Tika Tawari, you've heard of us talking about him on the program from time to time. Tika believes our biggest risk is not an expanding war, but the collapse of the US dollar. That's the centerpiece of everything. If that goes, forget about all these other things we're talking about. Tika has released an informative video that he thinks can help you prepare for this possibility. Go to Move your Cash now dot com to learn the three steps you need to take to prepare and grow your wealth actually in the coming months a year. But you have to know how go to move your cash now dot Com. Move your cash now dot Com paid for by Palm Beach Research Group. All right, now, do you think it's just a matter of time and I really mean this, or do you think that they would they would, they would draw some kind of a line. Is it just a matter of time before we have a And I'm being I'm being honest, like I'm asking the real question. A purple haired, nose ringed, non binary like three or four star general?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 2: Is that coming in the actual military, not you know, health and human services or something.
Speaker 1: No, it is. When I wrote the People's Republic books, which features that sort of thing, I thought, let me talk about crazy stuff. The crazy stuff is happening, and that will happen because the military has lost its capacity to say this is nonsense. We're a serious organization. They are now a petri dish for bizarre social pathologies, and we have the track record of defeat to prove it.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you, do any of your friends, colleagues, brothers in arms, the military that are somewhat like minded to us, do they push back on this? Who are you know who are still inside? Are they like guys? Look, there's some of that stuff, but it's not this bad or are they like? No, it actually is this bad? You know what I'm saying, Like, does anyone say all the right the right wing media is taking this too far? I agree, we shouldn't have all this nonsense, but it's going too far? Or is this what they're really seeing?
Speaker 1: Now? This is what they're seeing. It's the point where the retired guys like me, we don't recommend anyone joined the military anything. Wow. And it kills me. It kills me to say, don't join the military right now. But why should you? They hate you if you're a normal person, they despise you. You are not in a serious organization. Look. As a lawyer, I represented one of the families of one of the guys killed in combled So I was there when you know, the Marine Corps came and briefed them on what allegedly happened. And I watched what the Marine Corps told this family whose son was killed through the gross inconfidence of the military. And then I watched later as there was sworn testimony in front of Congress that was different than what the Marine Corps told the family about the circumstances of their son's death. Yeah, so it is. It's a disgrace, is unseerious our enemies. I think the reason our enemies haven't acted is because they can't fully believe we're as bad as we actually are. But you know, I don't understand why g doesn't just take Taiwan, like we're gonna stop them.
Speaker 3: Well, I keep saying that.
Speaker 2: You know, I just actually spoke to uh, you know Bridge Colby, very very smart guy, you know Elbridge. Yeah, yeah, you got you guys should hang because he's uh, you know, he's a military strategist, academic, but you know, a really sound he knows he knows the info, but also has a sound mind about what, you know, what you can do with it.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And we're talking about the Taiwan thing, and he's like, look, they're taking Taiwan, Like that's it's just a question of when. Like they're telling us they're going to take Taiwan. They're going to take Taiwan, and we have to sit here and think, what do we really you know, if that call comes, if that happens, well you think a Biden administration is gonna understand how to either stop it, de escalated or whatever. I mean, they're probably just gonna be like, WHOA, let's go to the UN So I think there are real there are reasons to believe that that China sees a big opening, and especially if you get another Democrat administration for four years. But hold on, I want to ask you about your book, Kurt. But first up, I mean, if you want to be a fierce specimen operating at the highest possible level, like my man, Kurt Schlickter, you got to have the right biochemistry going on. And that's what you get from our friends at Chalk. In fact, they've got a new pre workout at Chalk. It's called Chad Mode, because you know, Kurt a bit of a chad. I'd like to think I'm trying to get to Chad mode myself. But Chad Mode is a phenomenal pre workout, one that I think you will really enjoy. Honestly, it's the best prework I've ever had. I mean, all jokes and kidding around the side, it is the best pre workout I've ever tried. The only problem is I get so fired up that I'll spend two hours in the gym instead of like thirty and then go, you know, go home and cry to mommy. I'll spend two hours in the gym and then I'm super sore afterwards. But it's awesome, Like if you really want to have that fire in the belly, chad mode is amazing. Go to Chalk's website to pick up some Chad moode for yourself. Choq dot com. That's choq dot com. You've got a thirty five percent discount when you use my name Buck in the purchase process. That's Chalkchoq dot com. Use my name buck for a thirty five percent savings. You can also check out the Male Vitality Stack, but go to Chalk dot com go check it out today. All right, the Attack your book coming out first week January. A lot of people will be listening to this going into the new year, so it'll be just days away from release. Tell me about the book, Kurt, Well.
Speaker 1: Look, after ten seven happened. I I pitched my traditional publisher, hey, why don't I write a nonfiction about what a terrorist attack in the United States would look like? And the uh, you know, my publisher said, uh, why don't you, uh, why don't you write it as a novel? And I did in about six weeks. It is not a turbul it is not a people's Republican novel. It is a standalone but it is informed by a lot of people I know, from the intelligence community, from politics, from the military. It is looks at what a terrorist attack, a massive terrorist attack through a southern border, would look like in the United States. It talks about our vulnerabilities, it talks about our lack of defenses. Buck I had to cut stuff out because I didn't want to give these creeps ideas. But we were very, very vulnerable. And this book, you know, it's entertaining, It is exciting, and it looks at from all angles, from individual people to a president of the United States who is completely out to lunch. And I decided I would release it to Amazon because I want to beat this happening. I don't want this to happen before the book comes out, so I am It's coming out in only January. You'll be able to pre order it, and it is. I gotta say, it's a pretty damn.
Speaker 3: Good book, excellent stuff.
Speaker 2: Telling everybody go check out The Attack by mister Kirschlichter. He's written some fantastic novels, done very well for himself as a result, well deserved. I'm gonna have some closing Christmas thoughts for you, sir, or rather ask you for your closing Christmas thoughts in a second. But first up, speaking of Christmas gifts that you can get yourself any day of the year. Actually, the team at my Pillow has the my Towels.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: These are manufactured with an amazing type of cotton, sure per cotton. I had not heard of this before, be honest with you, it's the best cotton you can get for towels. My Pillow has figured all this out. They know exactly what they're doing. They've got the softest, most absorbent towels you're ever gonna get, ringspun cotton. You get a six piece towel set right now from the My Towels at my Pillow for as low as twenty nine ninety eight. That's right less than thirty for a six piece towel set. You get the designer Premium line for just twenty bucks more, no matter what set you decide on, that's a fifty percent savings. Just go to my pillow dot com. That's my pillow dot com. Click on the radio listener special square. Check out the new my towel six piece towel set. Get fifty percent in savings. Enter promo code Buck for this special and many more. Kurt give us either a Christmas tradition, a Christmas movie recommendation, or life wisdom for twenty twenty four. What if you your pick dealer's choice.
Speaker 1: Well, look for me, my birthday is the day before Christmas. I'm going to be one hundred and twenty eight years old. And uh, I always cook spaghetti because it's red and it's got pepperss so it's green. It's a very Christmas Y thing. But you know, I like traditions. I like the Christmas spirit. I like the optimism because you know, we're optimistic people. Buck, We're not going to give and we're not going to We're not gonna take this. I'm not giving over my country to anybody. I'm making it happen. And that is a you know, and in maintaining your traditions and submernly celebrating Christmas as opposed to happy Holidays, you know, generic nonsense. I think that makes a statement. It takes a stand. I like it.
Speaker 2: Go check out The Attack. Kirch Luker's book out first week of January. And follow Kurt on social media. Sir, Merry Christmas and the Happy New Year, Merry
Speaker 1: Christmas, Merry Christmas and of course Happy Kwanza because that's a real thing.