Speaker 1: Oh yeah, welcome to over promised our Bomapod episode ninety five. Getting closer to the humdo Mark. I'm Steve Volcano, Man Covino. That's Rich Bananahead Davis Volcano. Together, We're Covino and Rich Monday through Friday, Fox Sports Radio. Here it is five to seven on the East, two to four on the West. Search Covino and Rich wherever you stream your podcast everything at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio. And we have an action packed show today. Oh diggity, no doubt. We're gonna talk about bald guys, Baldo Ronaldo's We're gonna talk Tom Thibodeaux and bald guys. Stick around for that. And we're gonna celebrate the short Kings. Let's well tell you about a big party coming up. Man the opposite of short Kings, quite the opposite your boy, Aaron Judge. Guy's a goon. He looks like Herman Munster playing baseball. He does Herman Munster and pinstripes. I love him. He recently admitted something that he never publicly admitted. He did an interview with USA Today and says he never leaves his hotel room and the great and you're a Gary Cohen got somebody would say hotel room in USA today because I think that's the only place that paper exists, like in a hotel. That is true. Oh, USA today, they still print these things. Well check it out essay because Michael Kay, the Great Michael Ka was talking about it USA.
Speaker 2: Interesting common USA today by Bomb Nightingale. He talked with Judge, and I've never heard Judge admit this. He said on the road he hardly ever leaves his hotel room because when he goes out, he's just recognized because of his height. He said, you give me six one six two. I could get away with it. He said. The last time he went out when they were on the road, they were in Seattle. He wunch you to a Starbucks, I mean, which you could walk into by accident in Seattle, and he said, people just mop them. You know, the first they think he's a basketball player, and then they realize what he is.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, it's Aaron Judge. Get a caramel macchiato. Yeah, sort of sucks to be him in that way, right, you're trapped on the road. And then Michael Kay went on to say to the track to the wall, looking up see yeah, because Judge probably hit a bomb because that's my guy right here. See my guy's body, Aaron, juh, my guy. There it is. But it got us thinking about height and how heightest everybody is. Aaron, Judge is too tall, this guy's too small. And now there's a new filter. Tinder has introduced a new filter. Now you stay filtered. It doesn't mean you can make a short guy tall or tall guy short. You could actually in your settings. Yes, it doesn't turn you into a bunny or anything like that. Part of my language. That is pretty fuck up. And I'll tell you why. Because women are okay to say I don't want a short guy, but if you said I don't want a fact girl, you would be the worst guy ever. Right ooh preferences, that's what we call this, right dating preferences. So I'm wondering, can a guy have a weight for well, probably not. You just follows women, Donald Reagan will women will are allowed to have a high preference. I guess you're trying to find your match, what you're attracted to. For whatever reason, kicking down on a short guy is still accepted in a world where we've been accepting to everybody. Yeah, being short is still like, e, you're a loser. Have you ever seen me all like you? Have you ever seen those jerks on like a TikTok video where they'll ask a girl do you prefer a tall guy? I'll never date a short guy. And then he goes all right, stand on the scale for a second, and they're like wow. I mean, we're allowed their preferences. But ladies are very harsh with height, and they lean into the sixes all the time, six inches, six figures, six foot or enoughing. And I gotta say I'm a little offended. I'm just under six foot. Guys, I'm five ten and three fourths. But when a woman says that, I look at her like you think I want to be with you anyway? Again, who is the hightest? Well, well, I think, as the kids say, I think it's time to pay tribute to our short kings. In the world of sports. Oh, you want to go through each sport and think of our favorite short dude. Well, one of my favorite sports rich is baseball, And I think the first person that comes to everybody's mind is not that little person that took one at bat, that famous that famous clip, yeah, famous clip. It's the other little guy. Well, I can't stand because I'm a Yankees fan, Jose the cheater Al Tuve. And look how tiny he looks next to six foot seven Aaron Judge. They are a better foot apart. Because he's five six, five six. I think he comes to mind for everybody current day. He's the guy that gets honored because it shows you that even if you're five to six. I mean, he was an MVP playing with guys that big, Oh my god, and hitting bombs. He's a great player at bro hugs Aaron Judge, he's burying his face and Aaron Judges belly button, motor boating Aaron Judge for sure. So Al two we as much as I can't stand the guy, I can't stand him because he's that great. It just shows you that as one of my favorite golf instructors. Have you heard of Trubs Peterson? Yeah, of course he tall you. In golf, much like baseball, it's all in the hips. He's got such great movement in the plate, quick to the ball. That's a power for a guy that's five six now, and that's inspiring to a lot of the younger short kings out there. Can I get just a shout out to just one more baseball guy. Sure, not our generation, but when we were growing up, we would hear the stories of Yogi Bearra. But he win ten World Series, all the Yogiism's five to seven Yogi Barra and he was on all those Yankees teams. And I mean one of the most famous baseball players of all time, five foot seven catcher and leader of the team. Little fella. So now football, who do you think of? You know, here he is with the babe. Oh babe wasn't that tall either. The babe weighed two hundred and fifteen pounds. He was six to two, that's what I say. But that's an older babe, so he's probably a little hunched over there. You go, you lose height as you get when you say football. I you know, there's there's running backs that are five eight, five nine even like Sakuon Barkley is not that big. Barry Sanders sick One's like five nine to five ten, not that big, but the tiniest of them all. And he was a pro bowler. Darren Sprolls. Darren Sproles was a guy that could you know, cut quickly. He's hard to tackle because he's little and so little. He's elicive, tiny, rudy like rudy, like he's still running back. So sprolls at five six with the eagles right there. Now you're foot six again, inspiring. Put the little guys out there who have other people saying they'll never make it. Ye, really, some girls, some girls gonna filter these athletes out of their out of their dating world. Come on, dude, that is so annoying that they would even allow that option. I think it's so wrong. How many times our guys catfished because all they see is the girl's face or whatever, and they show up and they're like, you know, that's just wrong. I got sure, King's we celebrate you. You're big boxing. Now there's divisions of guys that are you know, quote unquote tiny compared to the average sized guy. Fly weights, but my favorite weights, my favorite I mean, I know, I know Mayweather short, I know a lot of these Julioses are Chavez was like five eight, five nine, but many pac Man Pokeyo Manny pac Man Pockyo's five six, also five foot six. Again, he's climbed all sorts of weight divisions. He's a little dude, he's fighting again at the age of forty six. This summer he's fighting Mario Marios and Marios isn't that tall? And he makes there he is. Look how small he makes Pachyo Look it's crazy. So many pac Man Pakio five foot six and a great karaoke singer at that. Oh yeah, I love me some Poka Yoki, I love you now, Aaron Judge, he's too tall. People think he's an NBA player. Let's talk about NBA. When you think of short people, the first person actually comes to my mind. I guess just generational is spud Web. But he wasn't the shortest, only because he gets slam. He could slam dunk. If we had the poster. You saw the highlights, you remember how great he was, the Duncan. He had a great nickname, Spu spud Web five foot six. But again in the NBA, that's tiny in the NBA, and it makes it even more impressive to think that while spud Weeb was five six, look get him there, Bugsy Bogues five three, that's just ridiculous. Honestly, five foot three Buggsy Bogues and any little guy on the court or at the gym was forever Spudweb or Muggsy Bogues if you were tiny playing the references now like when we play pick up basketball, your your little buddy that was like five five five six, it's spud Web. Is that forty yard reference steam? Yeah, I don't know. That's the one soccer believe it or not. He's arguably the greatest that ever was. But Bessie's five foot seven. He's a small guy. Yeah, land On Messy is not a big fella, but JJ Watt that you would think you would be like, wait, that's one of the best football players and the best soccer player and you know it doesn't matter as much in soccer. Probably helps them when it comes to soccer, right, A lot of running around different sort of sport. And as far as martial arts and mixed martial arts, there's a lot of dudes like even Henry Suhudo is a tiny guy, mighty mouse, super small. But I'm going Bruce Lee, little guy. Lots of cringe, Yeah, lots of cringe when you see Bruce Lee. You know how much asked this guy kicked there? He is what kream Abdul Jabbar Kareem's huge for Luel sinder, But Bruce Lee was only five foot seven, five foot seven, but just such a larger than life sort of guy. But the short guy said of ladies, said, it doesn't matter when we're laying down, doesn't matter, doesn't matter when you're horizonal. It doesn't matter when you're a superstar either. So I'd love to see these women who are filtering out all these superstars with they what they have to say about this. I can I throw a more short athlete on the list because I recently watched Nacho Leebra. Yeah, those little twin wrestlers, Oh yeah, what they remember? Like Satan's Helpers. Oh yeah, those guys they effed up. Not your leepery, pretty good, that's stay belong in this conversation. And Jack blacknot that tall of a fella either, Satan's Helpers my favorite tag team. Short Kings. The ladies might not want you in the new tinderfilter, but we celebrate you here. That's over promise. We respect you, and I say that respectfully. So the big story this week, Rich is Tom Tibodone. Why they fired him and they got to have someone else in mind? Is it Mike Malone? Is it an age thing? Is this agents were going from Heitus to Ages because he took them to the Eastern finals, the furthest. They've been the Knicks since what ninety nine, since the turn of the century, four out of five years in the playoffs. He's sixty seven years old, and I think he had a lot more to give to the New York Knickerbockers. Malone is fifty one years old. There's some rumors about that current analyst for ESPN. He took the Nuggets to the Promised Land. How could they just get rid of the guy? That's the debate, Like, what's the deal with that?
Speaker 2: Done?
Speaker 1: You're saying, how could they get rid of him? It's about give me that picture again? How could he not get rid of that little petra hair?
Speaker 2: What is that? Well?
Speaker 1: You know, that's the picture that I've seen floating around a lot. So that implies to me that maybe although he did well, maybe he wasn't relating to the locker room. And I don't think it's the hair. But I will say though, like I don't want to sound like a dick, is everyone's hair. It's not something you could choose. You don't choose to go bald. But when you're Tom Thibodeau. There's so many looks now, guys shaved the head and they got the beard going like, I think we're beyond the stage of someone rocking the George Costanzo or George Jefferson or the doctor Phil Tom Thibodeau, the Tom Thibadeau like, why are you holding onto those couple of strands?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Take it home? You look fine.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Brunson defended everyone's scratching their dome trying to figure out why they got rid of him. He has done too much. A lot of people though, coming to his defense, right. I know some of the moves off the bench were questionable in the last series, but he's gone. He's fired, and people like, why now I did some research because I'm like, yeah, sixty seven, he needs to shave that thing off his head, get some respect back. Could he just started by researching his basketball prowess, but then it went right to his hair and I'm like, what does this guy look like with hair? And I found a picture. I'm like, oh, Tom Thibodeau had a mullet. He had a mullet. Check it out. Look at that mullet. He had negative burns. He had the negative hide burns right there. He went to the barber and said, give me the hose. CANSEEKO seriously, look at that mullet, nice and fluffy in the back. That mullet commanded respect Dix wouldn't have got rid of that guy. Check that out. Ho litally changes this whole it does right again. He's sixty seven. Now maybe they're shooting a little younger. That's not that old sixty seven, but maybe they need something different, and the coach is the easy move to make because they're invested in a lot of high profile players in New York. So it got us thinking here on over promised. It looks like if you asked AI to generate like an eighties New York douche. I know, so funny right to see what it would come up with. Man, if you're just listening to over promise, and this is what you got, Yeah, you gotta see the video on Fox Sports Radios YouTube page. You gotta watch the show. And that's the beauty of overpromise. Got us thinking about other athletes at toush them out there who we only really know, or some people only know is bald and what they look like with hair. Some of us forgot what they used to look at. I mean a lot of these guys, I'd imagine that. You think of our bald athletes, you do remember what they look like with hair, Like Michael Jordan at UNC. You remember when he had the tiny little thing, which is generational. Some of us remember, some of us don't. But there are ones like I'll give you and that's not sports related. Yeah, I totally forgot that Howie Mandel had hair when we were kidding. It's like Jerry Kurk. I picture Hawery Mandel with the shaved hair like Jeff Goldbloom. He looked like Jeff Golblum to me when I was a kid. That's you know, that's a guy that's not sports related, but Jeff Goldbloom. Howie Mandel, I can't tell him apart in the eighties. Yeah, there he is, look like that's him. Famous comedian Howie Mandel the left had hair in the eighties. A left picture there, that's what he was doing Bobby's World, and shit, people don't remember that. Younger people only know the Baldo Rinaldo version. Let me hit you with one that. Yeah, it's hard to beat this one. Okay, when stone Cold Steve Austin was stunning Steve Austin. He that's what made him famous stone Cold. Remember he was stunning Steve. I do. Wasn't that one of your nicknames too? That's my old Now I'm Steve Volcano man Covino, I mean, stunning Steve. Now they call me Steve LOMBERI Maswappo Covino. But yeah, that's a great one. Look at that hair. He started thinning out and he took it home. Yeah, I mean he was like he could have been one of the rockers, but he decided to, uh, you know right, go that direction. Not even known for that. And I get mad about this one. I defend this one because Jeter's my guy. I'm a Yankees fan, Derek Jeter one of my heroes, and people like Rich always saying he looks goofy with the Baldo rinaldo and I'm like, get out of here, dude, all right, he looks a little like Kyu. But you remember he had the flat top back in the nineties and now he has no hair, so he's got to do the ball dough Ronaldo he had. That's him now obviously doing a great job as an analysts, A handsome guy. He turned two foundations. But when I'm talking to someone younger, they're like, yeah, I mean he's all right. I'm like, nah, he was the coolest. What are you talking about? Look at Cheter in ninety six, that that you say, that's cool. It's just that a lot of younger people now know him as the bald guy. I don't know him as the guy with the hair. Get number two? Number two? Well, here's my number two. I mean, I thought it's hard to beat Stone Cold. Can't you save your number two for later? Bro, we're doing a show right now. I got a guy. You hate this guy because true story. Covino was once on a date at a nice steakhouse with a girlfriend and this guy sent over a drink to Cavino's girlfriend on behalf of one of his teammates on the New York Rangers. You love this story so much you have to tell him you got dumped and that guy that was a great wingman, Yeah, Mark Messier. True story. I looked over at the table and I saw his big bald head, and I waved, and I thought he was doing something nice. A legend in the NHL. But you remember a wingman to his buddy, do you remember Mark Messier with hair? Yeah, see exactly. He's a guy I only know before he was a ranger when he was on Edmonton back in the day.
Speaker 2: The hair.
Speaker 1: I got a fun fact about another celebrity athlete we all know, Andre Agassi, and what he looks like now. Yeah, he has the bald of renould. Of course he looks like Ed Kowaltchik from the band Live I Lone Love You. He looks like that dude a little bit. Right back in the day, he had rock star hair, and that's what he was sort of known for. He was like the rock star pluck a seagulls or something. Yeah, rockstar headband. He was making tennis cool back in the eighties. He did for tennis what Tiger Woods did on a much bigger level. I forgot way cool. Here's what I never knew until recently about Andre Agassi, And this apparently was in his book and everything. Yeah, he admits this. That was a wig the whole time. What he was so insecure about losing his hair, Like he didn't have full ball dover at all though then, but he was so insecure about how he looked and his hair and his image that he would wear a wig, and he feared that it would fall off all the time he's playing sports at a high level. It was a wig, dude. How crazy? You ever see the hair in between? Oh see, No, I don't think I've seen that, but it's like a frat boy from ninety five Pete Sampers back of the day just went over and pulled it off his head. Dude, it was a wig, so agacy wig baldough. People forget that he had that rock star thing going on. It's fine. I never saw that. That's wild, the in between stage. I'm gonna hate you with one more. A guy that we know as an NBA player, we know him as an NBA coach, like he's been part of basketball most of our lives. Okay. One of my brother's favorite players played for the Nets when you were going to a bunch of games, when you dated one of the Nets dancers, Jason Kidd. I think if Jason Kidd as a slick point guard with the moves and everything, I don't remember Jason Kidd with hair. I couldn't think of it until I looked it up. It was funny. I could picture Jason Kidd were here, really yeah, look at that. Yeah, I forgot the highlight when he had the blonde Hara, the blonde hair. It was that the Timberlake special. Yeah, so I see the blonde hair here, but I remember when his hair was brown. And again it's it's generational because there's a whole generation that never knew or forgot what that person looked like. So again, these are bald guys when they had hair, and I think Chasing Kidd props to him. I think with the beard and the shaved head now is like a coach. I think he looks cooler and more handsome. He looks like a pal of ours actor Chris Williams in that photo from Dodgeball Man and Cannageball the movie Done Ball. So I'm gonna end it with a guy who I think till this day, I don't know what he looks like with hair. Doctor Phil Well, that's a good one too. Carlos beltad On Carlos again former met for me Yankee Cardinal. Everyone had like a like something going on, like yeah, yeah, you know, see that's how we know Carlos Beltran. He used to glide through the outfields, a great player out there. He had all the tools. This is the best I could find, guys, Beltran with hair. Shazam ah par it has got to zee him in, zoom out. And of course this is when he sharpied in his hair. For you guys, remember that when he was sharpie, he painted his head. He painted his head. That's the best. That's the only thing I could get you, guys, Carlos bat with hair when he used the sharpie on his head, don't you use the sharpie of filling sometimes? Yeah, sometimes when they miss a spot or I get a bad fade. Wh knows the guy that uses a sharpie for a sneakers his head? You you you get a good use out of a sharpie?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 1: I don't have any here, but yeah, man, yeah, absolutely, there's plenty of you swing cone black hair if you want to chime in, or or if you want to add anything to the baldy list or yeah, bald guys shortcing with hair. Just a reminder again before we say farewell. June twentieth, twenty first and twenty second Friday and Saturday, we got big parties going on circa in Vegas. All the details just go to any of our socials and you'll find a link to r s VP RSVP, so we can make sure you get some comedian Rich Fox sports swag and some goodies. But again the twentieth we're having a whole party live broadcast Friday night, a nice lounge events with fireworks and everything, and then Saturday atomic golf and then a nice dinner Saturday night. So all the events details on how to dress, what to do, how to RSVP, all at coven On Rich at coven On Rich RSVP, and again don't worry, just look your best. You don't have to go overboard, just look nice. Because it's at Circa the CRC at Circa CRC uh huh we wee. We hope to see you there. Party in Vegas, see what we do live CRC. We we I don't know what that means either, And you gotta be twenty one years old to come party with us at Circa A right, so we hope to see you there, and thanks for hanging out with us on over Promise. We'll see you guys next time. Marivendcci baby, see you in the over promising Goodbye
Speaker 2: Lad you guys,