Speaker 1: Is that pink or red? It's one more thing.
Speaker 2: I'm strong and getty.
Speaker 1: Before we get to the topic matter of the podcast. We don't usually do breaking news for the podcast because it would be kind of silly since by definition, you're going to listen to it, you know, later today or this week or two years from now. But Kamala Harris just stepped to the microphone everybody carried it live for a big announcement about the news of the day. And she walked up to a podium with it looks like the White House binder anyway, some Washington, d c. Looking building with an American flag on one side, another flag on the other side, had all the trappings of I'm President of the United States. Walked up to the microphone in the podium and just talked about with the revelations today that Donald Trump admires Hitler and his desire to be a fascist, the American people have a decision to make. Do we want to allow this to happen Donald Trump to take total power or are we going to choose a different direction. We have thirteen days to decide. And then she turned around and walked off. I mean, it was super over the top dramatic, the way it looked and everything. You're gonna tell me that.
Speaker 3: I'm shaking my head. I'm trying to comprehend this.
Speaker 1: How about that whole thing was coordinated the Jeffrey Goldberg Atlantic piece with Kelly and the tape and then we're gonna release it. And they had this visual lined out already where she's gonna look like she's president, like she's in front. It looked like she was in the Rose Garden. That's what it looked like. And I'll bet this whole thing was orchestrated. We'll see how it lands. Boy, that's desperation, man, further evidence of who Donald Trump really is. In thirteen days, we will have a decision to make. She said, I just rolled my eyes so hard. I stared at my brain for a moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah. We'll getting good up there. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyway, we'll be following that on the Armstrong and Getty Radio show next episode. Look for where you can find that, or keep finding our podcasts Armstrong and Getty on demand. Set this little thing up here, this little comedy bit, whatever it is, Katie, all.
Speaker 2: Right, so this is just a little cartoon.
Speaker 4: There's two guys talking and then the third voice that you're gonna hear is a monster that is supposed to represent our auto auto prediction text on our phone.
Speaker 5: Okay, God, I just wish that Hollywood would stop making these lame cash grabs and make something original for a change.
Speaker 2: Oh death, definally.
Speaker 1: What No?
Speaker 3: I meant death defiantly?
Speaker 1: No, no, you you meant to say defiantly the duck. Duck's following me around all day.
Speaker 3: He's been consistently.
Speaker 1: Interjectively no, no, it's constantly you're welcome. Oh man, that seems like it can get annoying. Yeah, you're telling you what I said.
Speaker 3: You're wrong your You used your instead of your, like you're a dumbass.
Speaker 4: How is that?
Speaker 3: Even Presbyterian Philo didn't.
Speaker 1: Even make me say.
Speaker 6: Funny beautiful, that is funny between the accurate, but yeah, between the iPhone guessing is so wildly wrong as to what my next word is going.
Speaker 1: To be and then correcting the correct word. That's what the one that drives drives me crazy. Were is a word, It's an actual word. It comes up regularly in conversation. We were going to do that, but now we can't. Well we are no. No quit change, quit putting the apostrophe in don't make me spend like thirty seconds trying to fix warr into weird.
Speaker 6: Ah.
Speaker 2: The number of times I've sent what the hill?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what the heel?
Speaker 3: Are you talking about? What the he will? Huh?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: What like one is consistently?
Speaker 5: I mean all people always write heel as in he will and they.
Speaker 3: Never write hell and text. I don't. I don't get healthy decide. I mean, what percentages is? What percentages are involved that it's strong enough that you just go ahead and correct it, whether I want you to or not.
Speaker 1: Well, particularly with weir and weird, those are both very very common words.
Speaker 3: Sure, yeah, yeah, I don't. I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm confused by the algorithm on that.
Speaker 4: Stuff, just like I would start to say, properly's Presbyteria.
Speaker 1: I makes sense?
Speaker 5: Well, And as again with my gihad when your voice texting Apple, If an American male says he's going to make a tee time, it's spelled te not tea. We're not going to gather with our little to tea cups and our crumpets, with our pinkies out and sip tea. We're gonna freaking hit golf balls, all right, Apple, all right.
Speaker 1: What's stunning to me, and I actually am interested in this is how it seems to me to be significantly worse than it was a couple of years ago. I used to voice text all the time and it was pretty effortless. Now they put in random commas that make it almost unreadable, and it has gotten worse.
Speaker 3: They're trying to do more.
Speaker 1: But it's but I would think you would test it and realize, well, this is worse than it was before, so let's keep working on it until we roll it out. Voice texting is absolutely worse than it was a couple of years ago. Without a doubt. I voiced text all day home.
Speaker 2: So this is a little off off the topic of this.
Speaker 4: Have you guys ever had somebody text you a bunch of curse words and here Siri read it back to you.
Speaker 1: It's hysteroi yeah, oh yeah, yeah. When I walk at night, I'm usually listening to podcasts and when I get texts it Siri reads it to me and says, you know, Joe just sent you a text, And then it is funny to hear in her voice, Ah wow.
Speaker 3: I will remember that.
Speaker 2: I'll send you it just a curse word laden text later and.
Speaker 1: Have please please, Speaking of texts and emojis and all that different sort of stuff, I just became aware of this the other day. The pink heart is significantly different than the red heart. And I guess until recently there was only the red heart. I don't know, but the red heart is a specific like love strong emotion sort of like probably just between lovers or married people and shouldn't be used for that, whereas the pink heart is the dialed down, just kind of work friendly.
Speaker 3: And I am not.
Speaker 5: Hips to this, and I don't think my wife is either, and certainly if I'm texting hearts, it's to her.
Speaker 4: We've always had the pink heart, it's just been kind of buried deep in the emojis. But with this new update that Apple just put out, it's the reaction to text messages. So when you hold down, it gives you the option to heart or this or that or whatever. And so they added the new choice to pick whatever emoji you want to react to the text messages. So, yes, the pink heart is a little less I love you than the red heart.
Speaker 3: So I could respond with Santa Claus or a shark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could send there the poop emoji. You can do whatever you want.
Speaker 1: I just told Joe we need to be there by five, and he responded with a pair of pants. I don't know what that means. Yeah, so I think I don't send emojis as a grown up, but I do receive them fairly often. And uh, and yeah, you can't be just sending red hearts all over the place, because that's way, way, way too intimate.
Speaker 2: Responded to one of the group texts with a pickle.
Speaker 3: That's not that helpful. I know, what do you mean? That was a spicy thing to say or crunchy?
Speaker 2: I mystified here, we could have a lot of fun with this.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, a pair of pants?
Speaker 1: When would you ever use that?
Speaker 3: I don't know, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You were talking about tight pants earlier.
Speaker 1: Jack probably be uh, I want to get these off of you. I'm when you would use that, but not as a reaction. No, yeah, you're right, Yeah, what what circumstances reaction?
Speaker 3: Pants?
Speaker 1: I don't know when I would ever say that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Or how fruit is that?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And the egg planting please please emoji ABC? I remember the peach still looks like, Yeah, the peach is.
Speaker 1: Still why haven't they. Why haven't they just put a penis on there as opposed to anybody, as opposed to coarse idiotic? But everybody uses the egg plant the same way, So why not just have a penis?
Speaker 3: I I use it to indicate a little egg plant parmagiana would be delicious tonight, Dottie?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 3: Is that a perverse, childish way you're suggesting?
Speaker 2: Is there an emoji for the badge?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Lord, yes, I'm not going there though. Well, I have my dignity.
Speaker 1: What Jack doesn't.
Speaker 2: I'm asking what what is it?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 2: What is the imagine?
Speaker 3: Moody? Look at your phones? Okay, that's one option.
Speaker 7: And here's the other one. Here's the other one. Why do you Okay, two questions. Why do you know this? Why do you know this? I know all so stuff?
Speaker 1: Why do Katie and I not? And you do?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 1: Seems weird like you seem like the last person of the group here that would know what the the JJ emojis are.
Speaker 3: I absorb everything I come into contact with. Some of it's useful, some of it's not. I can't help it. Okay, why did well in school?
Speaker 2: The second one makes a little bit of sense. That first one's just that's rude.
Speaker 1: I know who I'm sending that to.
Speaker 2: Where do we share?
Speaker 1: I feel like we're keeping there from Why are there two pieces of sushi in that emoji?
Speaker 3: This is so childish and idiotic.
Speaker 1: I know who I'm sending this to right now to ask them if they know that.
Speaker 2: Taco needs more to it. Also, by the way, it looks quite blend.
Speaker 1: Did did you know this emoji was used to symbolize a vagina question mark?
Speaker 4: Or never?
Speaker 3: You know? Anyway, I'm not going there. This is childish and purient.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be interested to see what they say.
Speaker 3: It is childish.
Speaker 1: God, i'd say, yeah, we gotta get out or evolves anymore. Michael, you join us next time for Joe Getty's tea time.
Speaker 6: That's funny.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess that's it. Sushi. Just Tallly broke me