Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Kaddy.
Speaker 2: Arms Strong and and he is Armstrong. And what kind of New York Times headline is that for today? Global stocks plungey?
Speaker 1: You know what are you gonna be saying that they have? It's accurate, That's what it is. Way gotta be a downer. Come up with.
Speaker 2: Something more positive to say, live from studio. Scene says in a dearly lit room deeper than the bowels of the Armstrong You getting communications compound.
Speaker 1: Starting a brand new week, Yes, new week, pregnant with possibilities. This might be a week you can meet.
Speaker 2: Mister Wright Niss's writer, get the big promotion. Or it might be a week a global depression begins. You don't know, Wait what now? You don't know at this point and today we're under the tutelage of our general manager. The Connecticut team. I'm not gonna say their names, it's inaccurate. They call themselves the Lady Huskies. It's the proper term as bitches. Bitches, if you will. Who beat the even more ludicrously named girl Rooster from South Carolina really ought to be the beaches.
Speaker 1: Versus the Hens.
Speaker 2: The winner of the women's final four is our general manager today?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why not, ladies, But going at it hard, that's you looking for man's achievements as opposed to going with global stocks plunge. How about excellent opportunity. Excellent buying opportunity presents itself exactly exactly, market correction avails many of buying opportunity.
Speaker 1: That is the way to present this. There we go, Yes, by.
Speaker 2: The nip so, I saw Goldman Sachs raise their chances of a recession up to forty five percent. Well that's still less than half, so it's more likely there's not a recession. You're still saying, even after this, So come on, what do you glasses a half full?
Speaker 1: People? Let's let's be glasses half full people.
Speaker 2: What's really interesting about the situation, clearly, is that number rests on a desperate attempt to calculate the thinking of one human being in a way it.
Speaker 1: Never has before. Donald J. Trump, Donald J. Trump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Golden Sachs guys are saying, do you think he's going to hang in there? Does he really want to like restructure the world's economy or is this a bargaining tactic for a little while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't know. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe the most interesting thing about this whole deal is that he could at any point decide this is not working out the way I thought and pull the plug at any point. I think, I don't know how quickly things would bounce back. Probably pretty quickly. I'll just I'll go with this, And I'm not trying to be negative. But Mark Alprin in his newsletter that I read every day, he takes in a whole bunch of people with different political points of view to try to get like, what is the consensus thinking right now, here's this consensus thinking in DC, which doesn't mean it's right, but he says, most elites in the United States and around the world believe we are witness sing an historically misguided plan, poorly executed by incompetent people. Well that's a little negative. That's what I thought. Again with the negative.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so hopefully, hopefully that's not the case.
Speaker 2: Yeah, coming up later, and I look forward to this myself, and I hope you good folks do too.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: The good people of the Free press have asked Neil Ferguson, who thinks kind of what you just said. The great brilliant conservative historian who thinks this is ill can see blah blah blah, and Victor Davis Hanson, another fantastic conservative historian, but thinks, now I see what he's doing, what Trump is doing here, and we'll compare and contrast those two points of view.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, Well, I hope it works out. That's absolutely fantastic. Yeah, I absolutely hope it works out.
Speaker 2: You know, you know how many times you live? How many times I've asked my son, yes, yesterday? How many times do you live, Michael?
Speaker 1: How many times? Scenario? No, you're not a Buddhist, you just sor okay, Michael? How many times do you live? Three?
Speaker 2: Well, I generally agreed upon number Yolo you only live once? And do you want to spend your day worried about this sort of thing?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I don't, and I didn't, and I didn't spend worried about it either. I did lots of other stuff. So are you whistling past the graveyard?
Speaker 1: There? You have it? Is this?
Speaker 2: Everything will be fine. You're gonna wake up dead broke tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Is it what broke? Homeless? But is I hope I'm not homeless?
Speaker 2: By tomorrow. That would be quite the turn of events. Wow, my kids say Dad, and he'll change your turn.
Speaker 1: Tune. Turn, you'll turn your tune.
Speaker 2: No, I was actually talking to Hanson in the elevator about this very thing. I can be calm about it. I can think about it all day. I can I can do lots of different things, and I have no effect on it. So is it whistling past the graveyard if you, if you have can have no effect on something?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I'd like to think this is a maturity. I had a travel nightmare over the weekend. It's about a coin slip. Chance you'll have a travel nightmare if you travel by air, Yes, And I just just refuse to get stressed now.
Speaker 1: It helps that.
Speaker 2: For instance, if a flight is canceled as it was, and I had to stay overnight in a hotel, it doesn't really matter to me financially. If I was I have to sleep in the terminal person, I think I would have been a little less calm. But yeah, trying to take this all in calmly. This too, show pass saith the good book. I just hope it passeth faster than noteth.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I thought it was interesting that because Neil Ferguson, who you just mentioned, who thinks this is a huge catastrophe of a mistake. He's been pretty big and back in things Trump does. Oh yeah, so as Ted Cruz. As we all know, Ted Cruz, even though Donald Trump had said that his dad assassinated Kennedy and his wife was ugly still head back to Trump pretty hard on a lot of conversial things. Sure, and he said on his podcast over the weekend, and the Republicans are going to face a blood bath because of Trump's tariff gamble in the MIDI because there are now seven Republican votes in the Senate for a law that says this terror stuff's got end. It will not get through the House, according to all learned observers. But if that number grows substantially, that'll be a pretty loud message. Well, and doesn't that just seem like a good idea that one person can't change the world economy this much?
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't care who you are, well.
Speaker 2: Right, and this may horrify the hardcore Trump fans among you, and that's fine. We horrify everybody sooner or later. But power of this magnitude exercised by quote unquote our side will be exercised and more by the other side. Right. I heard a great example of this in a podcast over the weekend. The idea of being able to declare emergencies and use some of the powers the president has. And as we learned during COVID, a lot of your governors, a lot of your county health commissioners and who who the hell knew who they were, had the power wits, with no wisdom or in some cases knowledge or expertise about anything. They got to do all kinds of things. They closed down schools, close down businesses, all these different things governors, health commissioners and progress windsurfers and threat they pose. And presidents have huge powers too. The idea of being able to, uh, you know, throw in these tariffs by one guy is to deal with wartime situations and all kinds of different things similar similar to what we're doing with immigration. That's that's an emergency situation. So they gotta say that we've got a fentanyl emergency. So Trump can do what he's doing. AnyWho, somebody used the example of do you want the Democrats to be able to if AOC is president, for instance, declare an emergency around income inequality. This this has reached emergency levels. You could find plenty of people that would back up that point of view, you know, with PhDs or whatever. And so you've got to do all kinds of nutty, crazy things that we would hate because there's an income inequality emergency, right right, great example or people have used the example many times, particularly after George Floyd, perhaps that we have got a police hunting black men emergency.
Speaker 1: There's all kinds of things we need to do around guns or police.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can come up with endless examples of you don't want one person to be able to do this sort of thing with emergency powers. And I heard it argue that if Trump can justify what he's doing with it's an economic emergency because we've been cheated by our trading partners for a long time. You could absolutely say we have a labor emergency. We don't have nearly enough labor, and so we're going to throw the borders open again. Joe Biden's style. I mean, that's a bit of a stretch. But if there are two words and it doesn't matter, you see what you think of Donald j because there are a lot of things he's doing that are I couldn't love them more. But if there are two words that ought to frighten you as an American, it's emergency powers no kidding, that would be oo. That would be our system working the way it's supposed to work. If the Congress said no, we're going to change the rules here so somebody can't do this again in the.
Speaker 1: Future, and quite probably the courts as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, let's start to show officially I'm Jack Armstrong, he's Joe Getty on this it is Monday, brand New Week, April seventh of the year twenty twenty five, or Armstrong and getting we approve of this program. Let's begin then officially recording the FCC rules and regulations before we're tariffed.
Speaker 1: Here we go at Mark Knipple fifteen seconds.
Speaker 2: Lock.
Speaker 1: Now it's fly fix this move flag pack, hit flag short. Here's a power three point four. When they called the found Houston storming back in the final moments.
Speaker 2: That is the best player in college basketball is going to be the number one pick in the NBA draft next year, missing possible game winning shot, ending his career, Fire him, get rid of him, Expel him as if he's a Hummas protester.
Speaker 1: So I didn't watch a lot game. You watch a game that's the men's semi final.
Speaker 2: I didn't watch the game, so I, but I did see everywhere the horrible foul call over him reaching over somebody's back or whatever in the final seconds, that it was a terrible call, horrible way from Nando's career.
Speaker 1: Yes or no, quickly, So I don't watch a game because I didn't.
Speaker 2: I think it was a good call, but not to sort of call you make in the final seconds.
Speaker 1: You gotta let him just play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then I was thinking of the thing you always say. Your dad said, you know where you point the mistakes you made, so it doesn't come down to one call. They didn't score. They scored one basket in the final ten and a half minutes. If you score one basket in the final ten and a half minutes, you're supposed to That was a terrible call. You're supposed to lose. How about you put yourself in a position you're up eight points, then it doesn't matter. We've got Katie's headlines on the way, we got some mail bag, and we got some news of theday. We'll see where the Stark market is and all that sort of stuff, and we'll hear from you on the text line four one two nine five Kftclay, I have.
Speaker 4: A total of about six hours invested in trying to get my son's computer to work with the help of geek squad people I learned.
Speaker 2: I learned a fair amount about that over the weekend that I look forward to talking about from various computer experts. I also want to talk about the Minecraft movie, which is quite the phenomenon. Holy cow, my son went on Friday night and lines around the block all day long. Oh, we should have talked about it on Friday. I kicked myself that we didn't. But anyway, and a bunch of other stuff. In addition enough, Neil Ferguson, in his brilliant essay about the Tariffs, begins with.
Speaker 1: A Minecraft movie description.
Speaker 2: Right, because he's got his finger on the pulse. We gotta have our finger on the pulse. Well he's got seven year old son anyway, Yeah, get your finger on the pulse. Katie, who's the reporting what it's the lead story with Katie green Jack?
Speaker 1: You do what are you gonna interject there? Yeah? No, the Minecraft movie. One of the reasons it's so huge. It's huge with little kids who still play Minecraft.
Speaker 2: Then it's it's popular with like my son's crowd who remember fondly playing Minecraft when they're younger. Similar all the way up to like thirties and forties. Yeah, my thirty two year old daughter absolutely loved it as a kid, the primitive version of it.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: Katie Green, starting with ABC, Trump's top economic advisor, says, fifty countries have reached out to negotiate tariffs.
Speaker 2: That's what they're leaning on on Fox is that all these countries, hey, they're they're coming in saying what can we do? Which hopefully that's the way it works out. I am certainly not rooting for this to fail.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you that.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: I hope Trump is amenable to it. And but the other thing is he said, no, I'm not. We're gonna restructure world trade for the rest of all time. So which I'm going to restructure world trade for all time, which is the heck of a thing. One guy gets to restructure world trade forever. Yeah.
Speaker 5: From NBC, visas revoked for more than three dozen California University students and alumni.
Speaker 1: I saw that from the new York Times.
Speaker 2: You know Andy McCarthy speaking, I've learned to commentators talking about how he's in favor of a lot of this, but there's got to be due process. We don't want to unleash an era of the government just gets to do stuff without saying here's why we're doing it.
Speaker 5: From the New York Times, judge calls mistaken deportation of Maryland man a quote grievous error.
Speaker 2: Now, one judge had said that the guy was an MS thirteen gang member, So we that's correct, right, that the dude was an thirteen gang member, just not quite the level we thought.
Speaker 1: Is that the story?
Speaker 2: It's the facts are slippery in this case, don't I guess the point would be, if the facts are slippery, don't send him to one of the most horrifying prisons in the world. And now a judges said he's got to come back. Well, do we have the ability to reach into horrifying prisons in other countries and pluck people out and bring them back. Well, oh yeah, we could call the president of El Salvador and tell him, hey, Joe Jones over there.
Speaker 1: You got to send him back. We'll buy him.
Speaker 2: The ticket, and you have to remember that the problem was not whether he was an MS thirteen guy or not. There was a specific order that he not be deported because of danger back in his country, and they just missed that. Evidently, there's more on that story to come to.
Speaker 5: From CNN, Russian attack on Zelenski's home city kills nineteen people, one of the deadliest strikes so far this year.
Speaker 1: That's brutal. How is the ceasefire going? Oh?
Speaker 2: Please, doesn't exist, even the energy stuff, the provisional We've gotten them to quit attacking each other's in infrastructure.
Speaker 1: That lasted like a day. From brightbart dot com.
Speaker 5: Pregnant woman seriously injured by rock thrown through Tesla windshield.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, how you people are crazy? You are so crazy.
Speaker 2: That video Katie sent us to the team. Maybe we'll play some of it. These people are completely unhinged. They don't make any sense. They're like wild animals.
Speaker 1: From The New York Post.
Speaker 5: Inside gen Z's obsession with quote tweakments the plastic surgery trend to create a natural beauty.
Speaker 1: Look, why is it called tweakments? Like it's a little bit at a time.
Speaker 5: Because you can't tell you had anything done well.
Speaker 1: The botox that. Yeah, you know, that's the.
Speaker 2: Way all cosmetic things should be. You should barely be able to tell. Yeah, they're like, crap, what happened to you?
Speaker 1: Twenty five year olds?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you don't want to have something you don't want to look twenty seven.
Speaker 5: And finally, the Babylon Bee fair child dominates Pinata at birthday party with torpedo bat.
Speaker 1: Yes, well that's on fire. He got all the candy. He is the torpedo bat.
Speaker 2: We had some more news coming up. I shaved over the weekend and Yada's too violent. I shaved over the weekend and learned something about myself. Also important, important life lesson.
Speaker 3: So oh boy Armstrong and Geeddy, don't you think your party needs to acknowledge that President Biden was not up for the job of running for reelection and that this was a major mistake.
Speaker 1: But he made that.
Speaker 3: Decision, I know, but you all went along with he he was up for it and he wasn't, and everybody saw it and the country rejected it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I look, history will tell us to go back on that.
Speaker 1: That very well could be the case, Jake.
Speaker 2: What I'm concerned about is learning from those lessons.
Speaker 1: I would hope we would never do it again.
Speaker 6: For me to gauge what they're the closest advisors of the president we're seeing at the time, I can only speak to the interactions that I had with him, which were, you know, in the months leading up to his getting out of the race, largely ceremonial occasions.
Speaker 1: So that's Schiff Senator from California.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately Tim Walls, who was too close to being vice president for my comfort. Oh, historytic on that? What does what the hell does that mean? Your words don't even make sense before we even get to the validity of your opinion. I can't figure out what it is. You know, he called the Republicans weird. He's got a real folksy charm. Is what a great choice. I give it an a plus for like a week. The guy's a numbskull. I hope we learned from the experience and don't make the mistake again. What running a senile ancient man and pretending he's okay? You hope you hope you learn from that. History learns from that. Okay, History will go back on that. What found that funny?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: Becket Adams, who writes for the National Review, wrote a great piece over the weekend about the opportunistic end of the Biden cover up. Now everybody's gone from he's great. In fact, he's better than ever. Oh he was so senile now that there are book deals and profits to me made, or putting yourself in a position like Adam Shiff where my only interactions with him was were ceremonial. So I didn't have any knowledge of Okay.
Speaker 1: You're right, you're right.
Speaker 2: Everybody in America who doesn't live in Washington, d C. Eighty five percent of us knew he wasn't okay. But you living in DC and hearing all the rumors and stuff, you thought he was fine. Because whatever, Adam Schiff is one of the great liars of our generation.
Speaker 1: You know any other This is a per the smallest and his neck I've ever seen. Oh yeah, yeah, and it's the neck too. I left that out.
Speaker 2: I got highly annoyed yesterday. I could end I could end the sentence there. I could end the sentence there. I got highly annoyed yesterday. And you could fill in any number of things that led to that. Over this, a friend of mine sent me this, a long New York Times article about Orwell and how we live in such Orwellian times. And it was very long and interesting, and I'm a huge Orwell fan, and it had a lot of nuggets about his life in it and everything like that. But every example they used in the New York Times about how we live in Orwellian times came from the Trump side of things.
Speaker 1: It was uh.
Speaker 2: And there there were some perfectly good examples of uh. You know, Ukraine started the war, and you know, things like that that were that are highly troubling to me, but not even a mention of for instance, the biggest spending spree in US history being called the Inflation Reduction Act.
Speaker 1: I mean, what could be more Orwellian than that? You gave it a name.
Speaker 2: The opposite was or people walking around pretending that what we're seeing with our own eyes is not true, that the doddering old president was senile. That's highly Owellian because they didn't have any samples of that. Only things that Trump does, the rewriting of history, the redefining of common words, the canceling people who did not use their new speak. I mean, I'm not an Orwell authority, but I'm a hell of a fan, and trust me, there's plenty to despise on the left.
Speaker 1: That's obscene. Just to throw this God, just just admit what you are. That's all I ask of these people.
Speaker 2: Just say, look, I advocate for leftist causes. That's what I do. I am the New York Times. Fine, okay, great, let's.
Speaker 1: Get it on.
Speaker 2: I'll throw this line out there from the writer about the oroil piece, just so you'll know it. It's similar to how pointless the word fascist is at this point, which I think Orwell actually said, the word fascism had ceased to have any meaning. The word orwell has ceased to have any meaning. This person said, Orwell fills a hole for anyone who wants to establish any kind of intellectual pedigree. So wherever you are on the political spectrum, you can throw a little orwell which fits in. It's not inappropriate, but it's just so easily used for so many different things. I don't know what it means any more. Well, I did that hints that one ought to refrain from it. That would be to pass up on one of the great arguments ever made in favor of liberty. So I will not be acceding to that that author's request. I think it indeed he can make love to himself.
Speaker 1: Although I see his point, I only like when it becomes hitler, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I mean. It becomes like calling people a fascist or hitler. It's just everybody does it all the time, and the problem is you need to accept we live in our willion times on both sides of the aisle. If you're going to go with its only one side, then if you you're just come on, who what are you trying to claim here?
Speaker 1: Well and Orwell would hate.
Speaker 2: You for it, Yes he would, And frankly, I would rather earn the respect of Orwell in heaven than any current commentators now. But that fitting perfectly with the Tim Waltz thing there in the Adam ship there where you know you're telling people to not believe what they're seeing with their own eyes.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what that was.
Speaker 2: And to that point, I love this from Peckett Adams on Morning Joe last week, where host Joe Scarborough boasted not long before the disastrous debate performance, this version of Biden, intellectually and analytically is the best Biden ever well. He has had Jonathan Allen Namey Hill Barnes rather on to discuss their new book, which details the lengths to which the former presidents in her circle reportedly went to keep his deterioration a secret from voters.
Speaker 1: And then the cute part.
Speaker 2: Scarborough and chirpy little Mika nodded along as if they were mere spectators to the efforts to hide the president's condition, not themselves active participants. You know, said Scarborough. We always look back in retrospect and think things were a certain way, but just because it's the way the media at the time to find it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean there's more.
Speaker 2: But and then Adams says, for the record, in the years leading up to Biden's disgraceful exit from the White House, even as everyone with working eyeballs could tell you something was definitely wrong with the chief executive, Scarborough is sure viewers that the president was fit as a fiddle and more energetic and vital than men.
Speaker 1: Half his age. It goes into detail.
Speaker 2: You people, when somebody tries to tell you who they are five thousand times, believe them. Start your tape right now, because I'm about to tell you the truth, and that you if you.
Speaker 1: Can't handle the truth.
Speaker 2: This version of Biden, intellectually, analytically is the best Biden ever, I'm embarrassed for him. I'm embarrassed for him. Well, Adams, I'm honestly thinking, here, have I ever cheerleaded something that badly where I was that far off of reality? I don't. I sure don't think so. Gosh, I would hope that if you think I have pointed out I hope not either. I mean, because it's it's horrifying. I would if I if I realized I had been I you know, I still think like the the Iraq War, if anybody had had any idea how half cock the implementation of the occupation was going to be, I think it would have changed perceptions immediately. But there was no way for me to know that. Although you could say, well you trusted government too much in George W. Bush and rumsfeldt okay, fair enough, But that wasn't delusional.
Speaker 1: It was just lacking information.
Speaker 2: And Beckett Adams points out that if you can believe that Scarborough's co host was somehow worse, insisting after the debate that Biden still had what it would take to win the election, quote, he's the man for this moment that bat Care addressing directly the chorus of Biden Dowters. Good lord anyway, and we beat medicare what okay?
Speaker 1: Coming up?
Speaker 2: The former president of Columbia getting grilled in a Justice Department hearing and her sudden and catastrophic memory loss is she can remember anything that happened in any circumstance, even though she's said to be a brilliant scientist. Also, giant prostitution, high end luxury brothel scandal shaking Boston, luxury brothel in Boston. Yeah, well right outside. But yeah, the way the business was run and the people caught up in it really interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Cool.
Speaker 2: I also want to talk about it may be the end of sports gambling. AI is way too good at it. Oh wait a minute, Yeah, and it's pretty damned interesting. I'll have to talk about that later. And it's already way too good at it, and I wonder where it might go, and you know, the obvious problems to go with that. I had to go ahead. I was I'm a half whit. How did that not occur to me? And everybody writing about AI seems pretty obvious, like right this moment, that was going to be a problem. Yeah, oh, I don't know how they're going to handle that. And then quickly before we go to break. I had grown a winter beard to keep my face warm over the last month and shaved it off over the weekend, but left my sad fifteen year old freshman in high school like mustache behind.
Speaker 1: And it's just it's.
Speaker 2: Really opened myself up to mockery, so I should shave that off today. Some people just not built for facial hair, and I'm one of them, right, Yeah, it's not a matter of character.
Speaker 1: It's fine. It might be.
Speaker 2: It might be, oh, one of those thick Freddy Mercury and Queen mustaches. Certain announcement you'd like to make. You don't have to be okay to have a mustache. As you know, in the nineties especially, I was desperate to have the big guitar player sideburns, the big right down to the jaw line, alt countryside burns.
Speaker 1: Nope, Nope, couldn't do it. Yeah, dang it. You either have it you don't. What are you gonna do? And don't taking a shave?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it gets me every time. So we got Joe's mailbag on the way and we'll get in some of those stories. Seriously, what's gonna happen with sports betting? If AI is as good or better than the very best humans, stay tuned if.
Speaker 4: You're catching this live as opposed to later. Somehow, we are officially in a bear market, which is when wild bears run the streets of New York and people fear for their lives.
Speaker 1: I think that's what that means.
Speaker 2: Appropriately, yes, but yeah, there's are released by the zoos by.
Speaker 1: Decree of law.
Speaker 2: Nasdak down five hundred some points, the dow down between twelve hundred and sixteen hundred, depending on when you look at it.
Speaker 1: That's after a couple of really big down days already.
Speaker 2: Wow, I wish I had a little more cache laying around by the dip, by the might be buying it on it's way down though, by the depression, by the depression. Here's your freedom loving quote of the day, sent along by Kevin in beautiful scenic Placerville, California. Hey, big freedom and simple Jack. Here's a topical freedom loving quote of the day candidate from Friedrich Hayek.
Speaker 1: Always appropriate quote.
Speaker 2: The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design. Yeah, and then he says, just by way of comment, Kevin says, no person or group of persons designed the modern globalized economy, and we should be very skeptical when a small group of people attempt to radically change it anyway. Owing to Yeah, I would agree with that sentiment. More on that later on. Mail Bag, Would you like to communicate exchange views? Our email address is Mailbag at armstrong and getty dot com. You can also text us four one five two nine five KFTC. Besides show Bob Wright, I think Donald Trump is one hundred percent right. Now is the time to buy up all the stock you can and get filthy rich. And I will as soon as I get my Doge check.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what I'm going to do.
Speaker 2: I'm sure the Doge checks have gone out yet. Let's see, this is from Mark Interesting hearing you guys talking circles about what drives Ezra Cline and that sort of person, and if he believes what he says, especially after so clearly recognizing what Katherine Mayer was doing, that's the NPRG wolf. Ezra Kline is a communist and lies. Sure, he crafts his outward image a little more intelligently than Mayor, but he's the same thing same.
Speaker 1: With all the das you guys are aware of.
Speaker 2: He's only espousing those theories because they want useful idiots and want to be intellectuals to believe it, and it's all ideological subversion is odded by Yuri Besmanov in that fabulous sentimental interview from the eighties that many of us have watched online. We ought to just roll that and comment on it as a podcast someday if people haven't heard that. It's incredibly you know, just wise and informative.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are activists who know precisely what they're doing. Then they're useful idiots, and I'm just we're just sometimes curious which one somebody is. Love this total change of topic from Brian, Hi Joe, and he addresses me because he says, I imagine an interesting conversation with your brother, who is a career naval officer, would be asking him what it takes to keep a ship operational in the fleet. A marine environment is very harsh and it is a complex and expensive endeavor to keep a ship operational. My understanding is for every one day operational, it requires three days in port for inspections, maintenance, refitting. The US Navy has two hundred and fifty years of experience and the Chinese Navy has maybe two decades at best. So the Chinese can build as many ships as they want keeping them operational. As a whole nother story, the ussr two or three times as many subs as the US, but couldn't put as many out to see as the US Navy leaves one the thing the Chinese are in a use it or lose its situation. Good excuse to call your brother. Thank you for that family advice. That is an interesting point of view. And I'm especially excited or enthusiastic about that email because on the advice of a respected colleague, I'm reading for the first time The Cane Mutiny, which is about the Navy in World War Two and is fantastic.
Speaker 1: I've never read that. I've never seen the movie.
Speaker 2: It did not become a classic, accidentally. It is just brilliantly written and compelling, and it's a novel of bad things happening, and I am constantly uneasy while I'm reading it.
Speaker 1: It just sucks you in.
Speaker 2: Anyway, let's see a couple of AI epic fails. You remember last week, Jack, that I was trying to remember on the behalf of a couple listeners when we'd talked about an illustration of economics using a dairy farmer, not the if you have two cows in communism as well, it's something different. It was actually a conversation with Tim Sanderfer we had and AI found it immediately and even could site the day that we.
Speaker 1: Talked about it. Amazing.
Speaker 2: Well, here's a different Kevin who says I was trying to find the specific discussion about the comic book guy that got busted for posting ripped off comics on eBay, and I tested the AI theory and he let me down tragically. The answer was, you're likely referring to the podcast Armstrong and Geddy in their discussion about a comic book Seef. The podcast hosted by Joe Armstrong and Bob Getty often covers various topics blob blah blah. Wow, that's really interesting, and that was it. So Jack Armstrong and Joe Gedty, not Joe and Bob. So we had the example of somehow AI digging into the archive and coming up with the correct answer in moments, and then you've got that's full on hallucination, isn't it even better. Here is alert listener Norman, who lives in beautiful Elk Grove, California. There was a power outage. He used AI to see what the answer for how it happened might be, and I could how much time do we have? Michael Okay. The power outage and Elk Grove last night was called by a tree falling on power lines. According to reports, the tree fell on power lines near Midway. Driving east, Lessie rode around eight thirty.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah, bah blah.
Speaker 2: He says, I thought this was awesome, such a detailed answer. Why do I need to search for answers myself in the future. Then it occurred to me that I had never heard of either street in Elk Grove, So I looked it up in Elk Grove, Elk nor any other city in northern California has a combination of both street names.
Speaker 1: Wow, so it made it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what Norman figured, let's see And then then he re tried and said, sorry, I didn't find any news stories about the cause of the power outage and Elk Grove. Frequently power outages occurred from trees downing, but there was a specific story that he'd read, so not quite ready for prime time, or it will always be that way. Nobody's sure. Wow, that's that's pretty damned interesting. Huh. The AI gurus don't know why the hallucinations occur, which is going to make it tough to get rid of them. So the dow down dang near six thousand points in three days because of this new restructuring, which, as we.
Speaker 1: Were talking about earlier.
Speaker 2: Hey, when I when I did chemotherapy, it made me sicker for a while before it made me healthy again. Maybe the medicine of the tariffs is going to make the market sick for a little while, or it's gonna kay.
Speaker 1: Ya ya ya ye, yeah No, Getty
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty