Speaker 1: You're listening to the Buck Sexton Show podcast, make sure you subscribe to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app or wherever.
Speaker 2: You get your podcasts.
Speaker 3: Back by popular demand.
Speaker 4: Here on the Buck brief our friend Matthew Marsden. He is the host of Matthew Marsden Show, which is fantastic. He's also an actor. He was in that Rambo movie. He's got a poster of it behind him there, among many other movies, black Hawk Down and other great things. Now he's a Texan and he's got like fifteen kids or something. How many kids do you have a lot of kids?
Speaker 2: A million kids?
Speaker 3: A million kids?
Speaker 4: Elon is like like low level replenishing the population.
Speaker 3: You're way ahead of him with your million kids. So that's really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know, we got to break up the Jane pool a little bit.
Speaker 3: So, you know, and you've got a golden retrieve.
Speaker 4: You've got a Golden Retriever. I've got a Labradoodle, Golden Retriever's beautiful dog. Is there hair all over your house?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 2: Every everywhere? What? Literally this week my wife was like look at all this hat and I was like, you wanted a golden retrieve us. So we bought one of those robots and if it's suddenly meant to go back to its charging station every you know, every I don't know how long, and he has to go back every time, and it's like, you know, like a little mohair suit in there when it clears it up.
Speaker 4: So can I tell you my favorite news story of the week. I don't know if you've seen this or not, but I'll just tell you about it. So do you see the clip of Jasmine Crockett, member of Congress from your state, buddy, all right, this is your state, who gets up there and starts reading off names of Republicans that got money from it from Jeffrey Epstein, only to find out after she has publicly done this that it's a different Jeffrey Epstein has nothing to do with the you know, evil, evil trafficking child trafficking pedophile. And then she doubled down, you know, after she's like, I didn't say it was that Jeffrey Epstein. I think she's kind of amazing. Honestly, I think she is a great thing for America folks who.
Speaker 1: Also took money from somebody named Jeffrey Epstein. As I had my team dig in very quickly met Romney, the NRCC, Lee Zelden, George Bush when read McCain, Palin Rick Lazio. I just want to be clear. If this is the standard that we gonna make, just know we gonna expose it all. And just know that the FEC filings they are available for everybody to review. This is absolutely ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Do you want to correct the record on the people ed?
Speaker 1: And I never said that it was that Jeffrey Epstein, just so that people understand when you make a donation, your picture is not there. And because they decided to spring this on us in real time, I wanted the Republicans to think about what could potentially happen because I knew that they didn't even try to go through the FEC. So my team what they did is they googled. And that is specifically why I said a Jeffrey Epstein. Unlike Republicans, I at least don't go out and just tell lies because it was not the same one. That's fine, But when Lee Zelden had some to say, all he had to say was it was a different jefferent Jeffrey Epstein.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean Charlemagne. I'm not gonna call him his full name, but Charlemagne thinks that he's the future of the Democratic Party. I'm like, bring it on, dude, She's dumber than a box of rocks, that woman, I mean, and the arrogance to I mean, do you saw the what's the name Caitlin Clark? Is it on CNN? She was just sitting there looking at her like that, like, I can't get you out of this mess. You know, you're just doubling down. All she had to do was say, listen, we messed up. But she's like, no, my stuff has went, and what do you expect after twenty minutes. I'm like, you just don't talk about it, you know what I mean, Like, you just don't say anything. But I will say this book as well. What it made me think of is, imagine if your name is Jeffrey Epstein.
Speaker 4: I meanine, I have been thinking about this too. By the way, there's a lot. I bet there's a bunch of because Epstein is a pretty common name for Jewish Americans. It's I have a friend who's a woman who married a guy, so she has a hyphenated Epstein name, So like, there's a lot of Epstein's running on that al right. I mean I think there are plenty of people especially who have had like a.
Speaker 3: A doctor or a dentist named doctor Epstein. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had a friend of mine who he's he was from the Zamboni's is a Zamboni, but his name isn't Zamboni. And he was like, and he's a doctor's doctor, and he's like, I'm thinking about changing my name to Zamboni. I'm like, do you really want to go through that every single time you meet someone in the er doctor Zamboni? Ah Zamboni? No?
Speaker 4: Wait, is that like the ice he's like the ice machine guy clearing machine.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you wouldn't want that, well, but you certainly wouldn't want to be like Jeffrey Epstein. And how did you get how did you get around that? Like, if you give your last name, you're going to be Jay Epstein's just as bad jicoise off Jeff or Jay. I mean, what do you do with that?
Speaker 4: I don't even want to do this on on on groc or whatever, but I'm kind of curious, Like it doesn't it make you think, are there does.
Speaker 3: Anyone have the last name Hitler anymore? You know what I mean? Is there anyone alive with the last name Hitler. Still like there's someone.
Speaker 4: Who's like, look, I come from fifteen generations of Hitler, and it wasn't that Hitler.
Speaker 3: And I'm do you know what I'm saying? Like, is that name just dead forever? Now?
Speaker 2: Well? I think I was actually saying this the other day. It's like, do you remember when the first Alma movie came out? When the first Alma movie came out, nobody's do not call your son Damien? Like you can't call your son the son of the.
Speaker 4: The omen Amen? You say, you say it funny British man, the Omen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Omen, the almond.
Speaker 3: The almond.
Speaker 4: It sounds like you're talking about the little nut that people eat, but yes, the Omen.
Speaker 2: Have you seen the movie The Almond? It's fantastic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, bit nuts.
Speaker 4: You can make milk of it. Apparently, Hey, that's just that. Just I didn't know that was gonna happen. I mean, almonds, you can make milk out of almends. But yes, so the where were we?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 4: Just you just threw me off here this. Yeah, I grew up, I grew up with that. I knew a kid named I grew up with like I knew a kid growing up named Damian. I think that there's people still have that name, although it's a lot less a lot less than than you would think. And it's interesting because I feel like in English, you'll never come across someone whose name is Jesus, but in Latin America, Heyzeus all over the place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a kind of It's a weird phenomenon, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that name change makes sense for for some people. Uh, when something like this, Like I think that if your name was let's say you're a guy in the Midwest, you know, and you're just doing your thing, you know, you you run.
Speaker 3: The local hardware store, and you're assault of the earth kind of guy.
Speaker 4: And you wake up one day and you read the newspaper and you go, oh, I'm not the only Jeff Dahmer out there.
Speaker 3: Like I think it.
Speaker 4: Maybe, you know, maybe you decide I'm gonna mix it up. I'm gonna go with my maid, my mom's maiden name or something.
Speaker 2: You got to, haven't you. I mean, you can't stay with that name. It would be interesting to see if if anyone turned around and they said, no, listen, I'm proud of my dad's name Hitler because that's a tough you know what I mean, because he's gotta have cousins or so here's the thing.
Speaker 4: I think if you're Swedish you can get away with Adolphus, which is spelled very much like I think there are Adolphuses walking around, which is basically Addolf within us. I don't know, are there any other is the name Adolf perpetually retired? Now, like can you not name your kid? I'm sure people are googling right now. There probably are Adolphs walking around and they're just like, I'm I'm taking this name back from the from the bad guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, what is the time period? You know, when does it become okay?
Speaker 4: Although I have to say I think I think I think Jeffrey Epstein is one of the toughest ones, now, you know what I mean, Like that that's not quite Adolph Hitler level, but I mean Jeffrey, Jeffrey Epstein is a that's a tough that's a tough name to handle. So anyway, that that was the congresswoman from from your state, do you think she's gonna run for Senate?
Speaker 3: By the way, you're hearing that from your people, in Texas.
Speaker 2: Please please. I hope she does. I hope she's And you know that the whole whole demeanor is a complete act, right, You've seen it when when she was running initially she was very respectful, very softly spoken, very smart. Unless she's like kind of adopted this weird, kind of ghetto, you know, attitude as an actor, it's kind of quite impressive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, there you go. There's that.
Speaker 4: At least you can respect that. Her sponsor here is Paradigm Press. Look, I think we're entering a once at a century opportunity for main street investors. President Trump is gonna free markets from Washington red tape, job killing regulations. We're gonna see life changing stock market gains in defense, finance, healthcare, energy, manufacturing. We're talking hundreds, maybe thousands of explosive opportunities out there as artificial superintelligence transforms the economy.
Speaker 3: But here's the truth.
Speaker 4: A lot of Americans are gonna miss out on the possibility of making a fortune. I don't want that to happen to you. That's why I've launched a new e newsletter, Money and Power. For two long, insiders have locked away the biggest opportunities behind closed doors for themselves. I'm busting that wide open, working with a phenomenal team of financial analysts and stockpickers.
Speaker 3: Go check this out.
Speaker 4: Go to off air twenty five dot com right now. That's off air twenty five dot com. Sign up, become a subscriber. It's a small fee you're gonna see it's totally worth it. Off Air twenty five dot com paid for by Paradigm Press. All right, movie man, let's talk movies for a second. I think recently, I forget whatever the holiday was that was the most recent hot was it?
Speaker 3: I don't know. It was a weekend. It was the Halloween Halloween weekend.
Speaker 4: Halloween Halloween, Yeah, because the receipts and everything have been so Halloween Weekend. I think they said there were no new movie like wide release movies, which you would think, at least for a horror genre like that's what, no wide release, new wide release movies. And it was the lowest box office receipts in like forty years or something. Basically in the modern era of movies, Hollywood just seems like it's dead.
Speaker 2: What happens now, well, I mean, hopefully conservatives will get in there and start investing in movies. I mean that there was one recently. I don't know if you've seen Frankenstein, have.
Speaker 3: You that it's it's it's good, it's a good expense.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm a big Guillermo del Toro fan in general, so I was willing and the fact that it stayed pretty true to the original novel, unlike the other movie.
Speaker 5: With like the you know the bolts in the neck and and you know the guy who's playing thank frank Yeah, yeah, yeah, So you thought you agree that you liked the Frankenstein movie.
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought it was great. But I think that they made a mistake and Netflix didn't put it out. I mean, they did a limited release for the Oscars for Oscar consideration, but they didn't. I think that that would have had legs if they would have put it out, because it's a really fantastically made film and I would have gone to see to see at the cinema. But I really really enjoyed it, and I think that it's one of those things where if you just keep the politics and the agenda out of the material, people will go and see it. So it'd be interesting to see the numbers on Netflix, like what they did with that film, because it's got to be the biggest movie that they've done in quite some time. But look, the movies of the American art form buck and we can't abandon them. And what has happened, I think is that what the left has done, mainly because it's been funded by the big theme parks and other things that are ancillary to actually making money on the films, is they've just said, listen, we're going to push this agenda. We're gonna pump this stuff out there, doesn't matter whether it makes money, but we're going to affect the culture and change the culture by normalizing certain kinds of behavior and being very anti American. And they're still doing it. I can tell you I've got a couple of offers recently for something and I couldn't do it morally, And I'm like, why are you still pushing these agendas? But the alternative is we don't have anything on our side that we're putting out that we have billionaires that could turn around and say, go and make this movie. I'm not looking at a return on investment right now in cash, but I'll give you a generational investment that we'll see later on down the line, like if you imagine, can you imagine the world without it's a wonderful life. And that didn't have a good return on investment financially initially, and that had one of the biggest actors in the world and one of the big strexes in the world, but it's influenced us for generations and we really need to start thinking like that.
Speaker 4: But to me, it's it seems like these play like Apple Studios did the f One movie, which I heard people say was actually pretty good.
Speaker 3: I didn't see it.
Speaker 4: There there are places that have the the budgets and the capability to make the great movies that we all grew up with and we're seeing. But it's just a are the economics of it so different now? Because I feel like my kid's six months old now, uh, and by the time he's grown up enough that we can watch movies together, we're I'm gonna be introducing him to movies almost the way that people showed like historical artifacts, like hey man, let's watch movies from the nineties. Let's watch Blackhawk Down that came out in what ninety eight or two thousand, Like that's gonna be yeah, two thousand and one. I mean by the time my kid's old enough that that's gonna be thirty something forty something years old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I mean it's it's really concerning because, like I said, movies are the American art form. And the other thing is is movies actually define the way culture kind of sees the world. So by the time that your son's like in eighteen years old, people won't be necessarily going and diving deep in the books like we were. Because if you think about it, like we're the I mean, certainly for me, Gen X were the last kind of generation that is pre Internet and pre woke. And so if you think now like Black or Down's twenty five years old, I mean that is unbelievable to me. It's quarter of a century old. So again, if you add that again, it's going to be like, by the time you're sunk and watch it eighteen nineteen twenty, it's going to be pushing half a century old, and it's going to be like us. I saw something the other day that when Raiders of the Lost Arc came out, it was talking about the nineteen thirties and it's equivalent of us looking back to Black Hawk Down right now pretty much like it's you know, thirty forty fifties. We're not producing anything right now that is particularly engaging. When good stuff comes out, people gravitate towards it, and we're missing a massive opportunity on our side because all you've got to do is make good films. And you reference the f one movie that was Kazinski. He's a terrific filmmaker and everyone wants to work with him so he can get things green lit. And that's the economics of it. Because Apple will look and they'll say, okay, well he did Kazinski did Edge of Tomorrow. I've watched that a thousand times and it's a great film. So he makes really good movies, so they'll bet on him. But the majority of directors and the majority of actors are liberal. So when they're looking at the finances on it, saying how am I going to get a return on investment, they have to go and get names and all those names of liberal so those those liberal actors and directors will make the movies that they want to make, which in turn are for the most part liberal. Ye, So we don't have a seat at the table.
Speaker 4: It's I still this is a huge hole, and there there should be opportunities here that could be taken for I don't. I mean, I said a long time ago, we need a billionaire who's just trying to save free speech to buy one of these platforms, and then Elon bought X. We need somebody who wants to create great content that Americans and the whole world can love again, and that I think it might just be somebody who's willing to write the check because right now, yeah, Netflix, Netflix just turns out woke trash day in and day out. It's very frustrating, especially on the series and stuff. But hold on, our sponsor is Preborn. You know, there's not another profit that does more to save the lives of unborn children than Preborn, and Preborn is doing this day in and day out. There's so many planned parenthood clinics and so many people that are being pushed toward that, and that can never be taken back.
Speaker 3: If that choice for abortion is made.
Speaker 4: Preborn welcomes pregnant moms into their clinics and says, hey, let's try something else for you. Let's introduce you to your baby via an ultrasound. That ultrasound costs just twenty eight dollars and after the mom has that ultrasound, the chance that she will choose lice for that life for that baby is higher dramatically, and so many lives are saved in this way. So please spon help sponsor an ultrasound for one of these women. Pick up your phone, dial pound two fifty and say the keyword baby. That's pound two five zero, say baby. Or donate securely at preborn dot com, slash buck preborn dot com slash b u c K sponsored by Preborn. Is there anything else that I should go and see and watch? You said, Frankenstein is good. I agree with you on that one. That's actually a movie, a rare movie that people should take the time to go and see. Anything else that you can give us any Rex for the weekend?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've watched a movie that's pretty old. I say, pretty old is a few years old, called The Outfit, and I've really enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: Was like the Taylor in Chicago. I saw that it was good. That was good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really enjoyed it. By the way, my math was off, it's the equivalent I was saying now if we're looking back to the eighties. By the way, the equivalent of when Raiders. Was it came out to when it was depicting the area that is depicting. But yeah, I watched the movie. Yes, they called The Little Things with Denzel Washington and started off really really well and just kind of like went a little bit mushy. But I think that you know, anything with Denzel Washington Washington and is really good, so it's worth a watch.
Speaker 4: All right, man, Thank you so much for joining and talk to you guys all next week.
Speaker 3: Shield Time