Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Now, let's have a look out these stocks that are on the move today here in Europe. On Caroline Hepkar with Lizzie Burton and we joined by Bloomberg Report. To Chloe Malay. Good morning, Chloe. Let's talk about a German company, an engine maker, which is making a push into defense. We just had the NATO summit, we just had the announcement of more spending. There's a lot of focus on this sector.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, So there's a bit of m and a there from Deuts. So the German company Deuts, which makes engines for buses, trucks, ships, et cetera. It is buying the privately owned defense firm FFG for one point six billion euros.
Speaker 4: So FFG makes military vehicles and so.
Speaker 1: That's the way for Deuts to expand more into this defense sector and trying to really benefit from this rising military spending that we've seen in Europe. And so Duds that had already kind of been stepping up this defense push. It had acquired stakes in you know, companies like Arx Robotics, Titan Technologies which makes drones, and so it said that you know, this particular deal, which is much bigger than deals that it has done previously, would help it reach its twenty thirty targets. Earlier, we've seen this deal making activity pick up quite a bit in the defense sector. Just earlier this week we had this big a deal with Talis buying the drone summarine drone company Excel Technology. So it looks like, you know, there's a bit of a pick up there in terms of dealmaking activity with the deud Steel analysts are saying that it makes sense, although they are quite surprised by how big of a deal this is. But overall it seems that they're quite keen because we've seen the shares are very strongly this morning.
Speaker 5: And Curry the biggest drag on the foot seat six. Oh so excuse me on the six stock sectem I'm not the foot sea today is Astrozemeka shares down nearly ten percent. It comes to a trial for a gene silence a drug. What's one of those when it's at home?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So this is due to disappointing clinical trial results for Astrasenica. And so the drug in question, it's called when you Are it's made in a collaboration with a company called Ionis Pharmaceutical and it's a gene silencer. So gene silento is something that suppresses the production of abnormal proteins in the liver. And so the trial was to see if it could also help prevent heart problems in patients with a rare version of heart disease. But unfortunately when Ya did not manage to do that and to reduce cardiovascular events or death related to heart problems. And so that's a really big setback for Astrazenica from an unex perspective to begin with, because the successful trial could have led to.
Speaker 4: Billions of dollars more in cells.
Speaker 1: But it's also strategic setback because Astrasenica has been really looking to establish itself in that disease area and that particular drug in this particular trial was really a key pillar for that. So big setback there, and as we can see, the HIRS have taken a major hit on the back of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that on astra Zeneca and that disappointing drug trial issue. The IT Firm Computer Center now has managed to switch investors on.
Speaker 1: Yes, it has so computer Center being this IT services company, so essentially supplying laptops to companies in the public sector and making sure that they're working properly.
Speaker 4: And this is apparently a great sector to be and you know, the.
Speaker 1: Company has had I said that it expects the four year results to be comfortably ahead of expectations. It also expects the first half profit to be double that of last year, and so that is doing very very well. And the growth driver has primarily been the US, where it's seeing a very very strong demand from hyperscalers that are spending a lot on all of all of that, and today's share price boost of that was really strong, brings THEE to day gains at fifty six percent. So it's one of those kind of behind the scenes beneficiaries of the AI boom, and it's doing very very well and we are seeing that this morning.
Speaker 2: The Stockmovers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business App.