Speaker 1: Club Kids from this moment on the Only way to hear the Celebrity book Club with Stephen and Lilly is on Patreon dot com. Here is a sneak preview of this week's VIP Lounge, which is part two of our final iHeart Howard Stern episode where we really get into the nitty gritty of our contract how it all went down. If you want to stay on this ride with us, go to patreon dot com see we see the pod and subscribe.
Speaker 2: Excuse me where on the list?
Speaker 1: GJOP club kids.
Speaker 2: Welcome to part two of the Corporate Downfall. When I say Elon, you say.
Speaker 1: Fuck him Elon, fuck him right. Welcome to part two of our epic Howard Stern episode slash Final fucking Hour in the iHeart Studio where they final.
Speaker 2: Sorry, final thirty four minutes.
Speaker 1: Well, well we're here until they kick us out. Seriously, let me see what the fuck happens.
Speaker 2: Drag me by my vintage genes out of this building. Honey. Thank you fine joining us in the Patreon for being a club kid and being a fucking loyal ass.
Speaker 1: And if you are a new convert to the fam, welcome in. Welcome, as we say in the retail world. Now, welcome in.
Speaker 2: Welcome in and be our guest. Make yourself comfortable, kick back for a drink.
Speaker 1: Yeah, feel three to like rule through the back catalg of vip Lounge episodes. But also get ready for the best fucking Friday of your life. Every Friday.
Speaker 2: Fridays are going to get so insane.
Speaker 1: Okay. So, as we were telling you before, we're gonna just get real with the tea. So basically, here's what happened with our iHeart deal. We had a deal with iHeart that was for like forty something episodes a year and we would get paid a minimum guarantee of sday with me dollars that is to split to split but two of us.
Speaker 2: That would be to produce forty six.
Speaker 1: Episodes to make like basically an episode a week for the entire year. And the contract says it only has to be a thirty minute episode, but we're turning an hour long.
Speaker 2: We're doing our hour twenty minute.
Speaker 1: We're not going to give you guys, by the way, and I just give you quick cheers. We are drinking some fireball we saw from the fridge. But he'd let me get a dink on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dink not only fireball, but a full heavy Coca Cola.
Speaker 1: I mean that's good. Wow. Yeah, No, those flavors they go together.
Speaker 2: Damn, It's like why we got to invent new drinks. No, And you could just throw some coke and fireball together.
Speaker 1: The cinnamon and that there's all honey undernotes of the.
Speaker 2: Well, coke is already kind of has a christmasy kind of cinnamon spicy vibe to it, Yeah, and the fireball just elevates it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but almost the Christmas notes on coke are a little more toasty, and the Christmas notes on fireball are like a little bit more like hot tub.
Speaker 2: I taste coloring. Okay, So we got renewed last year, and we found out that we were getting renewed in December, before the holiday season kind of really kicked into gear.
Speaker 1: Years coming, and we're like, haven't gotten any emails, and we're kind of like, huh.
Speaker 2: And we had heard from a fellow iHeart podcast that they didn't get renewed and they were told some certain things. Well, so yeah, and they can't even see anymore.
Speaker 1: Because they had a different sort of deal with Our Heart where they really own the funk out of them but what I was hearing. But is it that they didn't get renewed or they just got an offer? That's all you get for the preview to hear the whole episode and continue to get new episodes from Steven and Lily every single Friday. With a Patreon, dot com and slash CBC, the pod the only source for Celebrity book Club with Steven and Lily from now on,