Speaker 1: It's a big day boys. Why because today's August twentieth, which means tonight's night one of Madison Square Garden for us.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: Sour all over again. How do you guys been prepping this morning? I want to know exactly what I got my nails done. I got to face Jim. Tell people to face Jim, but they don't know that, okay. So face Jim is essentially a gym for your face, a gym for your face. It's a massage for your face. But they do like olymphatic drainage. They do a little electric stimulus. I don't like that part of it. I like one of my face twitches. I don't love that feeling.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I got a good night's rest and made it I wanted to have at home. I wanted.
Speaker 1: I've been in my apartment in New York so nice, and I've been like very grateful to still have it because I did put it on the market. But I'm like, wan, it's nice to have a place to stay in New York and a place of my own, you know, A nice morning, made my coffee, made breakfast, just like ATAL put on some records.
Speaker 4: Put your records on it's.
Speaker 1: Great with the started day and then you know worked out this morning too. Did you work out this morning?
Speaker 4: Did I work out this morning? Yeah, it's about four six hours.
Speaker 1: And then I there's a tradition for any New York based show, I ride a bike or walk to the venue.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 1: You know what else is happening is that we announced that the Burning Up Tour All Over Again is coming to a sitting near you, and the public on sale is this Friday, August twenty first, which is tomorrow. Yeah, I can't wait. It's gonna be fun. We have a lot of new music, We have a lot of new ideas for this tour tour, and also a lot of the things we've done in the past, which is even the reason for the tour.
Speaker 4: Found all the stuff putting it on tour with us, bring it on. Okay, So we have a guest today. He's incredible.
Speaker 1: He's had one of the craziest I think five year runs. Meteoric rises here, meteoric as in, you know, all the way like a meteor.
Speaker 4: Thank you for the find.
Speaker 1: You know, the first time someone wrote that about us was in two thousand and six or seven. They're like they're on a Meteoric Rise, and I was like, they seems like we're mediocre, but.
Speaker 4: It sounds like it.
Speaker 1: Studios Meteoric is a very very positive thing, and you know, this guest is the living example of that. His podcast is one of the biggest in the world. He is one of the most recognizable online personalities, also launching an acting career with his guest spot on season four of Hacks, as well as a Broadway run most recently, and many more things to come. Please welcome our friend, our guest, Jake Shane, because I don't know if he's realizes he's been sharing his location with me for like six five years. What that's amazing, hijack, you.
Speaker 2: Have my location.
Speaker 4: I have had your location for like five years. How does that happen? How did that happen? I don't know. I think the first I think.
Speaker 2: We were hanging out in New York and you share me your locations so I can come meet you. And I was like, I'm going so happy I have his location. Then he never unshared it, and then I was like, I guess your location.
Speaker 4: No, he's been sharing. You've been sharing yours. So location phone.
Speaker 2: So first of all, I got a new phone and a new iCloud in February and Joe texting me and was like where is located? And I said, oh my god.
Speaker 4: It's all good. I'm just gonna stop sharing location.
Speaker 2: Then what my location is still shared with you? Please?
Speaker 4: It doesn't show, it shows your it shows nothing from you.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I'll fix it. But don't act irrationally.
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, that's so it's so intimate sharing, you know, it really does show, like, oh my god, this person's right by me and you had no idea and just walked.
Speaker 4: Also, if I don't think.
Speaker 1: Goes wrong, it's nice just around and you know, you know, it's like somebody's like where's Jake, and be like does anybody have a location?
Speaker 4: It's like I do. So like who's the cold person you share a location with? Other than Joe Jonas?
Speaker 2: I you just show locations with everybody. And then I got a new phone and I lost all my looks.
Speaker 1: It's a great excuse, Jake.
Speaker 2: I share locations with my best friend Alice, right, Louise wouldn't share her back.
Speaker 1: That's not frue. And then no share back is it's I have a couple, I don't. I don't share all of them back. But I do share my location with you, Drake, because it is fun when we're like, you know, there's occasional times I'll just get a text from Drake and he'll be like, where are you. I see you're in New York. What's the plants? But it's always fun when you just call out somebody be like, order the shrimp to take that out. I wouldn't do that because my allergy shrimp. But you know, if I were.
Speaker 2: To eat trip actually amergic the shellfish and crustaceans. Yeah, crustaceans. IY that word like, I can't it's so bad.
Speaker 4: But what are some words you just despise? I'm just curious.
Speaker 2: I hate crustaceans.
Speaker 4: Moist, that's the one that can't.
Speaker 2: I don't mind, you know what. The only word that really gets me is crustaceans. And I don't like the word maggot, which is unfortunate because I love that Olivia Rodrigulo song Maggots for Brains.
Speaker 1: It's great song.
Speaker 4: It's a great song, great.
Speaker 2: Album, so great.
Speaker 1: I think it's the best album of the year. I think it's so good. I'm actually all working out to it on the rag. Shout out Olivia it's it's fantastic. I think what she did with the production with dan Igro's phenomenal. And also the lyrics are just next level good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's so tough.
Speaker 2: It also like tells such a chronological story, like you feel like watching a movie as you listen to the album from start to finish.
Speaker 4: She's next level, next level.
Speaker 1: It is so good to see you. We had the most epic New York night together. We were at Game four of the Knicks comeback from there in the box together. How could you forget?
Speaker 2: But I was did I go out? I forgot? I always forget I was at that game we're at.
Speaker 4: It's pretty wild.
Speaker 1: Those that are listening. New York Knicks are a basketball team in the New York area. They just won the World Series.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember being like right, like I like basketball, but like see what we can get into. And I left that beat with a jersey.
Speaker 4: The drone was.
Speaker 1: So insanely high in that place, like people didn't leave for I was in London and I was so jealous because yeah, games were on at the time, it was it was too late to watch and I couldn't keep my eyes open. And I saw your videos, both of you, and that box looks stacked. It was let's let's drop some names. Who are we talking about? Who's in this big box of yours. The entire starting line of the New York Giants, like three of them at least.
Speaker 2: They were yeah, I don't know anything about football. They're like, yeah, we play on the Giants.
Speaker 1: Ye, Jackson Dart, It's cams Gataboo, theo, John all your favorite.
Speaker 2: One of them was like, what do you do? He was like, I'm the quarterback.
Speaker 1: But when they got so pumped, they forgot that we are not. I am not a football player. They threw me across the box. It was too much.
Speaker 4: It was great, be.
Speaker 1: Like throw you and who else?
Speaker 4: Okay? Who else?
Speaker 2: Was Bieber tap and crack.
Speaker 1: It's like Popstar magazine. It was did you read Popstar magazine back in the day, of.
Speaker 2: Course I did. I read Pop the Vaccine. I read Jay fourteen, I read Tiger Beat.
Speaker 1: Jay forteen were great. Tiger Beat was always a little bit more spicy. There was Kevin loved doing those photoshops.
Speaker 2: Always was always like they like pushed it to print, really last minute. Jay fourteen was thought out.
Speaker 4: It was like real journalism.
Speaker 2: It was real hard hitting journalism. Every quiz I took was always very accurate. Did you guys ever take quizzes of yourself?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I would go on a BuzzFeed for fun, just to see if I got myself.
Speaker 4: I'm very leo.
Speaker 1: Energy, but I'm like, you know, which brother are you similar to? I'd be like, let's see.
Speaker 4: How well they know? And I'm like, damn it. They were good.
Speaker 1: But of course it's like all the things I like BuzzFeed. BuzzFeed used to have a good one. They used to have good ones. What flavor gatorade you're drinking right now?
Speaker 4: It is blue? That's frost one frost.
Speaker 2: It's the only one orange. I don't like my lime. Actually I don't hate it. I can get behind it if I really need to.
Speaker 1: You think about when people just say the color, They're like, can I have can I have yellow?
Speaker 4: Blue?
Speaker 2: Blue? Here's the thing is which blue are you talking about? Are you talking about blue? Are you talking about glacier freeze? You're talking about a life.
Speaker 1: Freeze that I've been watching this guy and it just gets so uncomfortable. He does the thing where he fills up a whole glass and then like one gulp he drinks. He drinks like the coldest drinks possible, and he drinks a freezing cold what was it called the blue one, the cold blue one, frost And he does that and he just mixed it with milk, and I couldn't look I couldn't look away. It's like when you have like a mint addiction like me, and then you drink anything cold and it feels like your mouth is going to fall off.
Speaker 2: Yea, And what's up with that? Would you say you have a mint addiction?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's going through a packet alt TOIDs this whole like we just it's a you know what it was? Yeah, I was a guy that liked to vape a lot and then I quit and then so I do that.
Speaker 4: I guess you baped? Yeah, boy, make him a little cooler. But it never smoked SIGs.
Speaker 2: He just went straight to vaping.
Speaker 4: It's so confusing.
Speaker 1: They gave up in twenty nineteen, but I was like for Tigerree magazine. I mean, but who could resist when when you hear someone with a crackle like literally, see he gets it, he knows we have somebody that works with us that still smokes one. And it kills me every day you mango were men. Oh dude, I was just a straight man all day. It was so good. But the light green, the light green though, Yeah, come out, guys, coming back, Hold on, come back to us.
Speaker 4: That's good. Hold gatorade?
Speaker 2: He wants sound effects?
Speaker 4: I got so what do you want? I got so many of it here. If you're gonna get spicy, we can really.
Speaker 2: You know, Well, do you guys watch that for you?
Speaker 1: Honestly, I'm just my brain only likes clips these days. So if I'm gonna watch something on TikTok and I want to, like, I want the best.
Speaker 4: Of Oh though you love it or no?
Speaker 2: Like frustrating that? We like?
Speaker 1: I know, brain, Yeah, yeah, we're the problem. Well do you watch it? What's what are you watching? What's what's on your what's on your iPad?
Speaker 2: Literally words out of my mouth?
Speaker 3: Work?
Speaker 2: What are you guys watching on TV? Well?
Speaker 4: This is our podcast okay, and this is our questions?
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm sorry, you're like when you're.
Speaker 1: A massive podcast or you just can't help intro for one second. I had a great time on your podcast. I really enjoyed great hang, phenomenal and and Kevin's next.
Speaker 4: You guys just do a whole vaping episode. I was gonna talk about this next.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we'll get like really old jewels.
Speaker 4: The good stuff, the good stuff, like the I'm on eBay? Was that the scene from Wolf of Wall Street? Like the good quick? Straight up? So what are you watching?
Speaker 2: I'm watching I'm watching Silo.
Speaker 1: So I just was talking to somebody about this. This is kind of embarrassing, but I was on Zoom just like before this. Before we were downstairs hanging out and it was just like a general meeting, and I was like, maybe just not propping it. And then I realized that the people that produced they were on the call.
Speaker 4: Would you say?
Speaker 2: I like that makes me so, by the way, is very valid.
Speaker 4: I was just like okay.
Speaker 1: I was just like I don't know, guys, thank you for seeing me. I was just like, I don't know. We'reund season three, We're still in this damn silo. And then they're like, yeah, yeah, well that's just a really fun project for us to work on.
Speaker 2: I was like, no, no, no, what are we doing? Why are we back?
Speaker 4: Why are we back in the silos?
Speaker 2: I mean that I could.
Speaker 4: Have doesn't have a memory.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, guys, that kept me watching was at the end of season two when they had the flashback to the present day. But if I can find out what is going on in the present day, I keep.
Speaker 1: Going, it's taking too long. It's like, guys, I get it, But what happened? Why are we in a damn silo? And why why is there four hundred of them? I'm the guy that wants to see the new kid, like it's like in the show, like I want to see the thing that caused the catastrophe.
Speaker 4: Yeah I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm like, give me doomsday.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying, Like, where's the nuke? What happens?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Show it to me?
Speaker 2: You know who did an excellent, excellent job of that paradise.
Speaker 1: We just finished the second season, me and Danielle and that's my wife and she. We loved it. We went through the entire thing. We liked the first season. We loved the second season.
Speaker 2: I loved both, but I really like the first season, like did things to me. I didn't know it were possible.
Speaker 1: We started Sterling Point last night.
Speaker 2: Okay Point as well. It's about a girl who liked by out. She inherits an island.
Speaker 1: Oh fun, I'm waiting for that to happen in Canada, the Islands in Canada. Well, it's on the lakes. It's really rich lake Town here, Matchtown, Canadian Islands. We have a huge Have you ever been to Muskoka? It looks incredible. He's backtracking now is what he does?
Speaker 4: You'll find out when I do your podcast. All Right, so you're watching Silo?
Speaker 2: What else watching Silo? I just started the Agency with Michael Fasten Fastbender and show, probably because I loved Homeland and it's giving homeland.
Speaker 1: It's giving Homeland and he's just the best. He's so good That shows I think one of the best out there.
Speaker 2: Really the Agency.
Speaker 4: It gets so good.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I'm on this episode two.
Speaker 4: It did things to me that I didn't think were possible.
Speaker 2: I'm sad, I'm here and I'm ready. Well I finished what it.
Speaker 4: Was bad too? That was so good.
Speaker 1: But back to Sterling point, what do you think so far? I'm in episode two? Were you into episode Well? Okay, we're at the same place where what do you feel is happening in your life with this? Because honestly, I got a little like, am I gonna continue?
Speaker 2: Am I watching it Sunday or no? That is the question. If I'm watching it Sunday, I'm just raw talking the whole thing.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't like to wait for shows anymore. That's the problem. I asked you a question, Jake, are you watching on the go or at home?
Speaker 2: Okay, So I'm I'm a TV guy, but I don't want to hat a computer watch. I don't hate a computer watch. Sometimes I'll open and do my little thing.
Speaker 1: And we're talking about this the other day because we had I had a because of Whittow's Bay, the lead actor, Matthew Reese is an iconic show that I've never seen the Americans.
Speaker 4: So I started being started.
Speaker 1: I started that season and I was talking to these guys about it and the like that.
Speaker 4: That episode seven.
Speaker 1: I think it was season one, A lot of sexy scenes, and you know, this is my HBO, I think. So they're showing everything. I'm on a flight and there's a bunch of kids around me, so it's like, so you're doing like that. I'm not gonna stop watching, but I'm also gonna, like oddly feel uncomfortable with, you know, watching in front of them.
Speaker 4: So has this happened to you?
Speaker 2: Yes, I was gonna in Ivy the other day and I was watching Oh my god, I was watching Industry and it got her I see, and I was literally like and she was like, it's okay.
Speaker 4: That's the worst too.
Speaker 1: You're like, oh no, sorry, and you're like, do I posit? Well, I can't, Like she knows I'm watching this, they're watching your cordos. All levels went the wrong direction. We can't find the vein, sir.
Speaker 2: I was like, I don't even want to see it. I do it's right to go back, yes, but yeah, I'm also watching Industry by show on TV.
Speaker 4: It's a great shop.
Speaker 1: All right, let's back it up a little bit, just give everybody some context on our relationships. So I guess this is what twenty twenty one or two three, three? Okay, twenty three. I clocked a video of yours responded to put it on Nick's radar. Incorrect. You cannot take credit for that one. I found this on my own. You found you found him.
Speaker 2: The first to do at it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know. I saw it and I responded. Kevin got involved, and then then you.
Speaker 1: Know, the last couple years have been incredible to watch your your career just absolutely explode, all because of you, guys. And that's not because it's you did it all on your room because you're a star.
Speaker 4: Oh that's sure, let's take credit. Hey, you know what because of us?
Speaker 2: It is because of you, guys.
Speaker 1: No, it's because you've been working so hard for so many years, even since you were a young kid. Obviously because of your personality and your overall vibe. You you, I'm going to get sentimental for a moment.
Speaker 4: You have a light about you.
Speaker 1: You have a light that brings everyone that comes in your atmosphere a lot of joy and you and comfort. I feel like people feel safe around you, and also I thinn be their best. When we first met in person at the Jimmy Found Shows, like I think it was there maybe somebody you You're very smart, Like your comedy is really smart, intentional.
Speaker 2: I remember you saying that to me, and I remember being like, that was the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me.
Speaker 1: It's true, Well, really great comedy you have to be really sharp, and you are, which is why it is is so great to have you on our pod. We're you know, we're new to this pod game. You've been doing it for a crushing it. How many episodes in are you? And and who's your dream guest?
Speaker 2: Okay, dream guest podcast, I've done one hundred and thirty six episodes.
Speaker 4: Wow, so awesome. Well that you well, I guess they're numbered. I did even know that.
Speaker 2: I just told them one twenty minutes ago because they were like episodes if.
Speaker 4: You recorded, right, We were like, well, I should probably.
Speaker 2: Know this, but my dream podcast guest, you've gotten quite a few of those dreamers too. Yeah. I would have said, Kylie is a dream? Was a dream and it happened? And she was like that was literally.
Speaker 4: Like the Burken comment.
Speaker 1: The first strap comment though, is like I see it all the time.
Speaker 4: It's so good.
Speaker 2: It was the last day in my life. Like she who was the best.
Speaker 4: Part about it? Tell us it was a spill.
Speaker 2: I was like, she grows like growing up to me was like the coolest person in the world and still is so like being able to hang out with who I think is the coolest person in the world and have them be so nice to me and so warm and inviting. You're like, oh, this is why everyone loves you so much. It was just like the beast. She's so funny. I laughed so hard, funny, so but my dream guest is probably well it's Taylor Swift or Jennifer Lawrence.
Speaker 1: Jeff Lawrence is very funny, very share a birthday. August fifteenth, You guys share a birthday?
Speaker 2: Do you really too? What are you doing your birthday?
Speaker 1: Hang on, Jennifer Lawrence, Now we are. I actually don't know, and these guys actually so. I'm not sure which coast you're on right now, but Joe doesn't have your location anymore, so we don't know.
Speaker 2: You're really I will reshare it after this. I don't know what happened you guys.
Speaker 4: Location broke up.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm in I'm on the East coast.
Speaker 1: It was like just the beginning of this podcast was like running into an X. You were like, oh, I got a new phone and iCloud and didn't. I'm like, that's fine.
Speaker 2: I did. I used to share an ipub with my father for twenty five years, twenty six years family plan.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: It was just like he would get my text. He'd be like, why is Peyton texting me about going out tonight?
Speaker 4: Oh that's it, that's a dangerous game. Oh boy, yes, that's pretty funnyry was it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think you're you're Kevin's sister in law. Got all of my contacts somehow one day. Look, we're still baffled by there's a lot of there's a lot of names that he was like, well this She was like, I don't know this person. It's just all his contact lists just transferred to her phone one day when we were all hanging out.
Speaker 4: You know, we're not really sure. Some funny games in there, I'm sure?
Speaker 1: Am I right to say? Did your dad write Disney Channel shows?
Speaker 2: He wrote one Smart House? No, he wrote a draft of Smart House, the first Smart House when they ended up with another person. You'll know. He wrote this movie called Model Behavior, and he wrote a Mary Kate Nashley movie called Switching Goals.
Speaker 1: Switching Goals an iconic class. Wow, Wow, our we have a our friend. Paris is the biggest Mary Kate and Ashley fan in the world.
Speaker 4: It would be a great guest for you too.
Speaker 2: Did But the best thing about them is they would never ever I haven't heard from speak and what feels like thirty years.
Speaker 4: I know they don't.
Speaker 1: They don't speak, but we definitely buy their stuff. Yes, well not everybody expensive, not everybody. Yeah, so your parents now, so they obviously they got to be so proud of you and excited for all what's going on in your life and career. Do they like have any input because he's from the industry, Is he like giving you thoughts and ideas of it?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: And sometimes a lot it's just like he's pitching bits.
Speaker 4: Maybe No, he's just like or is it more like career?
Speaker 2: Give me sometimes give me like the best advice I've ever heard of my entire life, like that I take to like, like, like, for example, the other week, I was like really crashed out about something and he told I think he told Zach, my manager, who told me. I don't even know why he didn't tell me, but he was like, I worried about being respected too much early in my career that it hindered me later instead of just doing things that worked and things I was good at and like not caring about the fact aspect and that really hindered me. And then Zach told me that, and I was like, oh my god, Wow, that like completely just changed the way I like looked at my whole week.
Speaker 1: It's a great advice.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He's also like like, well, you guys know that you've been doesn't your dad work with you guys in something the host well.
Speaker 1: Kind of once in always right, that's how it is in family business. But he was our manager for a long time, and then there was a time where if dad took over and he was just dad, it was that was great. Yeah, and then now we work with him again on various projects. We have a family restaurant, so we worked with him in that. Yeah, yes, southern food so comfort. Actually, well we had we had we had two locations, but we're gonna they're opening more.
Speaker 4: It's pretty wild, no, but you were saying, sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 2: No, But that's it. He gives me really good advice in that times. My mom gives me very good advice in terms of like writeing and like, because she's a journalist so like and I'm not one, but sometimes I have to, like I'm in a situation where like it's required, like I have to like be able to like ask proper questions, and she'll be very helpful on that front.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel like, I mean to that point, I feel like there's a thing you spoke about because I don't remember like after was it the was after an award show and there I got so frustrated for you because people were like coming for you about not being a journalist and all this, and you were like, I'm not a journalist and I and I think it was an interview that you said around the same time You're like, I never said never and correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 2: You're like, I don't liked that was god?
Speaker 1: That was actually God because I was thinking, I'm like you said, I remember the timeframe, and just maybe you can walk us or the listener through, like you had an interview where you're like, I'm not a journalist, and then you did the interview and you guys were great, were so funny, and I loved it because I'm like, yeah, this is what people want to watch and digest. They wanted people have conversations, not just like ask about the project they're doing ninety nine percent of the time, So please walk us through that, like for you, that experience, well, one of the.
Speaker 2: Main criticisms was that it was like, bring real journalists back to the carpet. And I had said a week prior to that I wasn't one. But then I think the underlying thing in that with that, a lot of people just like really found me annoying, which is totally valid. I find so many people annoying, but then started to use that as a fraud to just be like I don't like him. And so that's where I think I got frustrated a bit because it came as sort of like he's just annoying, and it's like, well, yeah, yeah, but that's not a valid criticism.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like it's when you're arguing or when and when we were growing up somebody would just say something mean to us, or still they just say something means like that's just you just don't like me.
Speaker 4: That's fine, but.
Speaker 1: Like exactly, that's not a good joke, Like your bit's not a bit because you're just saying I don't like this person. It's like, okay, well I can sleep at night knowing you don't like me.
Speaker 4: I don't care.
Speaker 1: But to like use it as a tool and be like he's not a real journalist, which was like ridiculous.
Speaker 2: That was like that was my first week dealing with any sort of like mass criticism in that sense, and now I well, actually I was about to say I feel well equipped to deal with it. I don't. I never want that to happen ever, again.
Speaker 4: Never feels good.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think that there is always some learning from it and the ability to like look at it after you've gone through the hurt of a situation and listen, someone coul look at this and go, oh, they're talking about Hurt's like, you're still a human being. You can feel a certainly about a situation. You've gotten through that piece of it, you learn something about yourself and how to approach it next time. And I do think that that you know it to your point you just made. I appreciate your honesty and that it's like it never feels good.
Speaker 4: It's like I don't want to see it again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sucks, And I mean I know that I can exactly now, but I don't want to ever again ever.
Speaker 1: Fun No, what is your what is your like process when something like that? I mean, I guess it's a learning curve, Like do you speak to somebody? Do you who's the first person you call?
Speaker 2: Or Louise. I woke up and Louise said, oh my god, like just rest today. Everything's canceled.
Speaker 4: It's a you're excuse me?
Speaker 2: And I googled my name because well I always google my name, but also because I had died the thing last night, and I wanted to see what people were saying, if there was anything, And I was like, oh, I'm going back to bed, and so I got an ivy with Benadryl, knocked me off for like six hours, woke up, was still miserable, and then went to bed, woke up, and then it got worse the following day, and then eventually, like on Thursday, I was like, Okay, I feel fine. You know what actually made me feel fine was I had a guest come on the show that week in like the midst of it, and I thought they were going to cancel, and they didn't cancel. And once I realized that they didn't cancel and they still showed up and I can still do my job, I was like, Okay, I'm fine. Like if I still do my job and have people show up and do just like keep it moving, it's fine.
Speaker 1: It's also like a healthy reminder too, like we all are in our own bubble, and even though it feels like sometimes everybody's talking about this one thing or it's like this is all that matters, sometimes just going back to the thing that makes you happy and remind yourself like, oh, like Okay, that was like a moment in I like, look, somebody once said to all of us, like look way back and like your life was just like a string. It's like that was that's a blip of your life span of like a moment that maybe it's defining and it matters, Yeah, totally, but it's like how you deal with it. And also sometimes you gotta get back on the horse and go do the thing you love and remind yourself I'm good at this.
Speaker 4: I make people happy. It's not for everybody, and that's fine.
Speaker 2: Also, back to what you were saying, that's actually the advice my mom usually gives me. She's like nobody. It's like she's always told me this and sids the cake because I'm always so like self absorbed and she's like, nobody is thinking about you. Nobody thinking about you. That's what she always tells me. No one cares, No one cares about you, no one's thinking about you. Just keep it moving.
Speaker 1: I am well, I am looking at your location. Okay, you could tell your.
Speaker 2: Mother that you are.
Speaker 5: Generally I had to say a similar thing where somebody said to me about no like, yeah, no one's going to bed, being like I can't believe Joe Jonas just did that.
Speaker 4: They're thinking about themselves typically what time and waking up? What am I having for breakfast?
Speaker 1: Did I set my alarm for a selfish as we all are selfish? Yeah, And it's like that's a healthy Most people should be that way about.
Speaker 4: Your own stuff.
Speaker 1: I agree, speaking of your own stuff. Natural segue, How was the Broadway experience? Last time we spoke, you were just about to go do it?
Speaker 2: It was the best experience of my life, having that routine of doing Oh yeah, I spoke to you right before I did it.
Speaker 4: You were leaving like the next day.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, eight shows a week, and just like joke, I'm getting like really like get feeling like good every single night, like feeling like, Okay, I worked, I did something fun. I got to do it with fun people, and then I got to have like immediate reception of people being like yay, like good job. I like that felt good. So like mentally, I mentally I was in a really good space.
Speaker 1: You probably prepped forward to based on your show that you toured with with the podcast to kind of that live serier experience, but then to translate that to Broadway, it was probably wild.
Speaker 2: That first night I walked on stage in my whole because I can't control it when I get really anxious. My whole body was shaken, every part. I could barely sit down because every single person in my life came on opening night, and.
Speaker 1: It's always like a thing that you don't really think about. You're like, yeah, oh yeah, night one's got to be a invite everybody because I want to have a big after party and be so fun in celibratory and then you're like, oh my gosh, this is like everyone I know has ever My life is flashing before my eyes.
Speaker 4: Why is my dentist here?
Speaker 2: Louise saw it? I think twelve times.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's supportive, So I know I love that. All right.
Speaker 1: We have a couple of callers that called in asking for advice. We are you know, we've got no credentials to be able to answer these questions. You know, we're going to do it anyway because it's our pod. This kind of started just from our fans calling in and we were like, hey, we don't want to answer questions about ourselves.
Speaker 4: We do that quite a bit.
Speaker 1: And then people just took that litteral and they started asking us for advice or thoughts or comments. And sometimes you're anonymous and we don't know what they're coming from. So this is something you're familiar with, but I feel like it's become its own thing. So anyway, shall we roll a voicemail and see what we got?
Speaker 4: Let's see.
Speaker 3: My name is Emily, and I was just looking for advice because my coworker has been flirting with me for a year and a half. I finally told him I have feelings for him, and he does not feel the same. So just any advice on how the hell I'm supposed to handle.
Speaker 1: That they've got a dude or something, they've got a partner. It's giving like they're being naughty now because.
Speaker 2: She would have said they said they had a boyfriend or girlfriend. I think nothing.
Speaker 4: I think I quit my job.
Speaker 2: Upmost psychosis I've ever experienced my entire life, like I would never leave my house ever again.
Speaker 1: You flirted with me and then now you're not interested.
Speaker 2: I would be angry. I would go through all stages of grief. I would be anger did not I'd be like, no, no, no, it can't be like every Oh my god, I'd.
Speaker 4: Be like this was plan all along.
Speaker 1: You just I think they just wanted to know if they had the game, They're like, can I just do that chase enough?
Speaker 2: I would. I would literally be like wait what, I'd like, you're.
Speaker 1: Looking for a work wife, not a real wife, Like you know what, I would take them to court, so we'll take them. We'll take them to couples court or work court first of all, or just take it take them to HR.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: I like that, you would go HR. Or you could hold out a Hope for the holiday party and just like really hope.
Speaker 1: That Like wait, first of all, that's a rom com, Christmas rom com right there, I've got it. Hold Out for the Holidays work party, which hold Out Hope is the name of the movie. Oh yeah, and it's a whole it's a whole setup. Or she like she like plays this game with her coworker. She's like, I'm wanna hold out I following in love with this guy. And the bet and the bet is She's like, I bet you before before the Christmas party, you'll fall in love. Is Hope her name? Oh yeah, hold out Hope. Now we're in. Now we're sold the same thing. We're like, if hope's her name, we're in. And she holds out falling in love, not hold out like sex like falling in love.
Speaker 2: That's maybe a little bit of that too.
Speaker 4: Yeah it's twenty you know it.
Speaker 1: And then act too should be called hold back hope because that's when she's about to like beat his ass. Yeah, this became a slasher. Then it's a Christmas slasher, Holiday slasher. Okay, that's what we all like. Okay, let's roll the next one. That's a good advice. Just be mad, be mad and go to HR.
Speaker 6: Hey guys, my name's Megan from Texas. I was just wondering how you guys as adults do with making friends. I feel like the generation right now has a really hard time with making friends. And you know, in college, they set up groups and places for you to go to meet people and it was so easy. But now living in a new city on your own, it's kind of hard to make friends. Even going to like a church and everything, it's still kind of difficult. So as an adult, how do you make like real friendship.
Speaker 2: I've actually found this to be the summer of making new friends. I've made so many friends the summer which I found them, and I think it's because I started leaving my house a bit more and like going out. So like this no matter what, like what city she's in, Like I'm sure she has a friend that has a friend that lives there. She could go out with bat friend and then they'll go out to the bar with those friends friends, and then she'll meet friends with one of the friends friends. And that's what you.
Speaker 4: Make I think you've got to get out of the house, got to go.
Speaker 2: Do you have to step out?
Speaker 1: There's not always going to be a group that you're going to like, because I think sometimes the problems was like like you look online, you're like this though, like it's the bowling league or whatever. It's like I don't like bowling. I don't want to go bowling. I'm not going to sign up for everything. You just got to go walk around get you know, Yeah, I have a question for the group here or just just a you know, a qualifier sorts. What number of hangouts with somebody do you go that's my friend?
Speaker 4: Oh, there's a study about it.
Speaker 1: There's actually a study about this, and I think it's like there's like it's like forty eight thousand hours. It is like what a real friend forty eight thousand hours, not thousand. Hold on, that's insane.
Speaker 2: A month of hanging out, I'd be like, oh my god, Like, that's my new friend. I went a week in Paris with because I was working on something and this one girl was there. Her name's Emily, and we spent like four days together and like at the end of it, I was like, that's my new friend.
Speaker 1: So you just you went on the set of Emily in Paris and you've got a new friend. That's how just we should tell this person that callor go go on the set of Emaily in Paris. Fifty hours together is an acquaintance, a casual friend, ninety hours is a casual friend friend. Two hundred p hours as a close friend. Oh that's about right. I mean that's about a month.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I don't know. I don't know mass made that up.
Speaker 1: Of course I've I've like most recently, found like in the last three years, my new like my best friend I think I will have for the rest of my life.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Kevin, that's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Oh it's my friend Jason. You know, you guys know him, but like truly, like you know, you don't at forty almost damn near forty, like you don't expect to make.
Speaker 4: Like, now, are you working with this person any in any way? You know? So there's just a friend, straight up a friend.
Speaker 1: Like you guys haven't talked about Oh we should do this business idea together?
Speaker 4: Nothing?
Speaker 1: No, I love that. That's a I think that's Is that a new Gator rader? Is that the same one?
Speaker 2: It's the same one.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm losing Are you actually drinking this or is just going to your mouth? Because I'm like, I hasn't seen You've been doing it a lot, but I haven't seen it decrease at all.
Speaker 2: I know it's because I cut my lip wall shave and so if I like, really go for it there.
Speaker 4: Oh it's the worst.
Speaker 2: Jake.
Speaker 4: We love you so much. Thank you almost for taking the time.
Speaker 2: Welcome back anytime.
Speaker 4: This was so fun, And let's hang and I don't know, maybe sure share location.
Speaker 2: Figure that out literally right now?
Speaker 4: Please?
Speaker 1: He throlled that everything's crushing. Congrats on everything or something that you had like a friend summer. That's fantastic friend summer, happy friend summer.
Speaker 2: It's not done yet.
Speaker 1: We got another monthly in US uh and maybe I will see you in this mystery birthday party that they're apparently.
Speaker 4: By the Protection in the Loop. Yeah we will so by Tooles