Speaker 1: Hi, guys, I just wanted to get on here and do a quick note that me and Teddy recorded this Summerhouse recap before Teddy had to take a brief sabbatical to focus on her health. She sends her love and thanks everyone for listening.
Speaker 2: To Teas and a Pod, which Teddy Mellencamp and camera Jeedge. Hi, guys, welcome to another episode of to Teas in a Pod. Now it's time to watch Summerhouse.
Speaker 1: It was good.
Speaker 3: It is so good, like I be a bear of bad news, but like it's topping Southern Charm for me.
Speaker 1: Oh with the first ten minutes of Summerhouse has been better than all of Southern Charm.
Speaker 2: What do you think it is?
Speaker 3: Do you think it's just that they all have such good, fun personalities that you're just addicted to every single one of the storylines, Like there's not one person I don't care about.
Speaker 1: And it's so funny because last year was really my first year that I watched Summer House and it came back on, I knew everybody's names instantly, Like I'd even have to go, like, what's her name?
Speaker 2: What's her I know? Even the newbies, I like already.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, it's so good.
Speaker 3: So we'll go through the cast real quick because this is episode one. So the cast is Kyle, who's been around forever Amanda.
Speaker 1: So what because Amanda been around is like the entire time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I think they started off dating and then now we've been through a lot of their ups and downs in the relationship. Clearly this season we're about to see that Kyle's trying to make some subtle changes to keep Amanda happier. Then we've got Lindsay Hubbard, Carl Radkey, Paige Desorbo, Jesse Solomon, Sierra Miller, West Wilson, Gabby Prescott. Then our two newbies, which I was a little bit confused by. I thought our two newbies were Lexi and her friend, but apparently it's lex and Rule Hassan.
Speaker 1: And we haven't seen him yet.
Speaker 2: We see him in the trailer, So I guess.
Speaker 1: Bailey, she's going to be a friend up. I didn't know they had friend up. But the OG's are Kyle, Carl, Kyle and Carl, Amanda Lindsay are the only OG's left. Yeah, it's a pretty good cast.
Speaker 2: It's pretty dreamy, but I guess it makes sense.
Speaker 3: That they brought in a friend for Lexi for the first episode because.
Speaker 2: She's so good.
Speaker 1: I don't even think she needs a friend, and.
Speaker 3: She didn't need it. She didn't didn't need the friend, didn't need it. She's ready. I'm not sure if she's ready to be.
Speaker 1: Hooked up with Jesse.
Speaker 3: I mean, Jesse's Jesse's like that inner monologue that like, I probably shouldn't do this, but I'm gonna do it anyway over again. Yes, but it starts off with two months after the season eight reunion, everyone is headed to the house to reunite. Paige has been in Italy with her family and Craig apparently her and her brothers where this is her words, not mine, ganging up on Craig while he was there. Meanwhile, Sierra did Traders and feels out of the loop. Sierra's going to put I want to know what this means. Sierra's gonna put her dick on the table tonight to let everyone know that Wes is a fucking loser.
Speaker 1: She's gonna stand her ground, let everybody know how horrible he is. I did love the Traders talk. I love that they like breaking the fourth wall, and I love that they're giving them thirty minutes on their phones every six days, because it makes all the difference, because when you're so out for me personally, when you're so when I was so out of touch with family, it wears on your mental health.
Speaker 3: Well, I just kept thinking when Sierra was talking, She's like, I helped banish Wes, and now I'm going to do the same to Wes West.
Speaker 1: But clearly Sierra is more in to Wes. She won't let it go. She's like, I don't care, but he's a fucking loser. I don't care, but he's a loser.
Speaker 3: Well, my interpretation of this is that he made her believe that their relationship was something that it wasn't, And I think that can happen when you're in close quarters for such a long time.
Speaker 2: But it starts off.
Speaker 3: West and Jesse get to the house, so the first one's there, which means they get first DIBs on the two rooms they choose they can be roommates. It didn't really seem like to me Jesse wanted to be roommates, but he throws the own to West.
Speaker 1: But they have a deal. They can't check off.
Speaker 3: They can, but it has to be in the bathroom, right, but they talk about whether or not they do jay at the house. Jesse's looking forward to this summer because he's got a clean cancer check. And then this will be the first time West and Sierra have seen each other in months. Jesse had already heard a rumor there was a new girl. She was going to be hot, and she was joining them this summer. But two grown, horny ass men who have decided it'd be best if they share a room so they won't have to have a moment.
Speaker 2: And then Jesse's friends, I know.
Speaker 1: Jesse admitting that he jacked off once last summer. I mean, do we really need to know that? I am happy that Jesse is cancer free?
Speaker 3: I am too. Who's your favorite?
Speaker 2: Now? Going into this this quickly? West or Jesse?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Are we mad at West? Still?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not mad at West. I'm mad at his outfit choices.
Speaker 2: But other outfits is he gonna wear? Like that's very wid.
Speaker 1: The cowboy hat, the jeans that have holes in it.
Speaker 2: He's nineteen ninety nine, West is giving nineteen ninety.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I like Jesse. I like his energy. He seems fine, He's got a beautiful smile, we'll see it's too soon to tell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, then Lexi, Amanda's friend, who is mid twenties model, and her friend Bailey are the next to a. Lexi's last name is Wood, so Jesse jokingly says her middle name must be gives me. She acts like it's the first time she's heard this joke. Then in her confessional she's like, yeah, it such a dad joke. Of course, that's not the first time I've heard it, and that made me fall in love with Lexi.
Speaker 1: Right, the two girls look so young. At first, I'm like, how old are they?
Speaker 2: I was shocked.
Speaker 1: They were twenty six and twenty seven. They look really young.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're really cute.
Speaker 1: I see Alexi and Jesse hook up sooner than later.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Lexi and Jesse.
Speaker 3: Oh, and it's going to end badly because we already saw for the scenes for next week or scenes for the mid season trailer. Whatever it is that Jesse is kind of into Sierra, which I think is going to cause West toes.
Speaker 1: Oh God, do you think that. No, that can't happen. He couldn't do that to West. I mean, who isn't into Sierra. She's beautiful?
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think that he could do it, and that's why they're good on this television show.
Speaker 1: Don't go there, Jesse.
Speaker 3: This is also Jesse's second season and his confidence coming in so hot. I'm scared at my backfire a little bit.
Speaker 1: I hope it does.
Speaker 2: I mean, either way, I'm intrigued.
Speaker 3: Amanda and Kyle arrive shortly after, and Paige and Sierra get there a few minutes before them. Wes tries to hug Sierra, but she just pats him on the chest and says hi, before walking away. Sierra and Jesse have a friendly hug and he tells her how.
Speaker 2: Hot she looks. But it's Jesse, not the guy that kind of compliments everybody.
Speaker 1: Well didn't wasn't he hitting on you? And we did had him on the pod.
Speaker 2: I can't remember if that was West or Jesse. That was one of them? Was one of them was? And one of them was?
Speaker 1: It was Jesse, very very flirty.
Speaker 2: I think the West was the flirtier one. I was like, what are you guys up to this weekend?
Speaker 3: I think Jesse just, oh yeah, just casually asked me out, but I don't think it was for real, like I think that's I think he's like the brin he just hits onto everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's just his like how he is.
Speaker 3: He's just flirtatious, Like not for a second was I like Jesse's into me?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But the fact that this whole situation between West and Sierra has hit the New York Times.
Speaker 1: Oh, come on, he didn't say anything bad. I think you know how it goes. You get, you know, in front of an outlet and there, like, so what happened between you and his comment was what? It just wasn't going in the right direction. I mean, he didn't say like she's horrible, and then Sierra's like Wes is a little bitch boy.
Speaker 2: But I think basically, I think West really led her on to believe that it was.
Speaker 1: So do you think that Wes was telling her how, like told the press how he felt that I wouldn't tell her how he felt.
Speaker 2: I mean, how did the breakup go?
Speaker 3: I think we kind of saw the breakup happening last season, Like, remember they were talking about his parents and they were at like the Dude Ranch and all those things, and he was already kind of pulling back as you could tell she was sinking in.
Speaker 1: But the article was said the relationship ran its course. Is that a horrible thing to say?
Speaker 3: I mean, I think that's similar to saying I'm just not that into her.
Speaker 1: And do you think that Rob gets ten percent a lover boy?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: But they drink a lot of it, and everybody wants the lemon cella flavor, which I've never tried.
Speaker 1: Well, every scene, I mean, one of the first scenes is stalking the refrigerator with lover boy.
Speaker 2: Well, it's smart.
Speaker 3: I mean, could they stalk my fridge with sparkling water Bury natural Essence Lacroix because I drink a lot of these.
Speaker 1: If you were owner of it and you were given him ten percent, maybe well damn.
Speaker 3: But then Lindsay and Gabby show up. Jesse helps Sierra with her luggage and asks if this will be their summer.
Speaker 2: Oh, so he's flirting with her again.
Speaker 3: Paige asked what Jesse thinks about the New Girls, and he admits that Lexi is cute but a little ditzy.
Speaker 2: Paige thinks she's just Canadian. That's a good quote. I love page.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like there's chemistry between Jesse and Sierra?
Speaker 1: Oh? I don't know yet, but I don't think Sierra would go there, And if Jesse does, that's a big slap in the face to his friend West. I hope he doesn't Jesse doing that to West?
Speaker 2: Do you see doing that?
Speaker 3: Because I'm sorry, if West isn't that into Sierra, then what's the harm in it?
Speaker 1: Well, he's hitting on all of them, So I don't know if that's just his personality. This guy is one hundred percent girl crazy. Yeah, but maybe if you went through what he went through with cancer, He's like, I'm just gonna love everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm I also.
Speaker 3: Was kind of cracking up with Page's comment about Canadian like, I'm assuming maybe the Gigly Squad isn't big in Canada because I'm pretty sure Page just insulted an entire country, right.
Speaker 1: And I think that we're going to get more insight on the breakup of Page and Craig this season.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think so too.
Speaker 3: I Mean, I think the writing was so on the wall even this first episode, like she's done but then and supposedly she's.
Speaker 1: Done because she took her new man to the Super Bowl and we don't know that for so well, let's just put it this way. There's pictures that were released from a fan. They were holding hands, they were out to dinner, and somebody broke down a selfie in her bedroom where uh, the same headboard was in one of his posts and his bag his a little stop kill or bag whatever that is, it was sitting on her bedside table.
Speaker 2: Oh for the love.
Speaker 1: Then Gabby can't get away with anything with these fan accounts.
Speaker 3: Then Gabby brings everyone into the living room for a toast. Lindsey goes through the past eight years of her relationship. Oh my god, I was in the same bed as for other girls and didn't think it was cheating.
Speaker 2: She goes, year by year.
Speaker 3: I love that they put a little time stamp on there for us, and I was thinking the time was going to be longer, but it was really only.
Speaker 2: Like seven minutes. That's not that long.
Speaker 3: And then finally Lindsay reveals that she's pregnant and she has a big picture of her sonogram to show everyone.
Speaker 1: Well, everybody kind of knew. Wes actually asked her about the ryer, and then two seconds later she posts on Instagram do you think that was for Carl?
Speaker 3: No, I think that was for paid posts I think she had to wait until she told the group for the paid post.
Speaker 1: But like those, why wasn't Carl there purposely? Do you think they held home?
Speaker 3: Remember Carl came late before. But I think that carl Is probably knew that was coming. I would assume that Carl knew she was pregnant and gonna have to make the announcement and do the social media and do all the things.
Speaker 2: And I think he was like, I'm going to bow out from this one and I'll come the next day.
Speaker 1: And Jesse's saying, it's weird having a pregnant lady here. It's in his mind's hoding she'e one last person to hit on.
Speaker 2: I know, well, I'm sure he'll find a way.
Speaker 1: But now we have heard that Lindsay and Turner is that his actual real name or.
Speaker 2: She just make that up? It feels like a last name.
Speaker 1: Had they have split up? Are we surprised?
Speaker 2: Hold on? Have we heard that they had split up? Yeah?
Speaker 1: They split up last week.
Speaker 2: I think it was oh, well you thinking social media.
Speaker 3: Apparently he's a nerdy doctor and very normal, which she loves. And the pregnancy announcement made Page realized she is not ready for kids.
Speaker 2: We know this page, we know it.
Speaker 3: I love Lindsay giving a full ted talk before announcing her pregnancy, Lindsay's.
Speaker 1: High body camp story, naming the guy she's been with.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I was like, does she count the last two deck after the last two decades, like tam or what's the plan?
Speaker 2: She old enough?
Speaker 3: Yet hold on, I'm kind of ruffed up. I didn't know Lindsay and the dude were broken up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they broke up. It happened so fast, and I think her desire to have a baby played a huge role in it, because after you know, they found everybody found out she was pregnant. Her like, wait a minute, but why do the math here. Let's do the math, because so you were pregnant at the reunion She's like, yeah, her whole story about changing the bottle of champagne and putting cider in there. I'm oh, yeah, God, you went to Bob and beyond. So there are how many months from the time her and Cob broke up the wedding to the time she was pregnant.
Speaker 3: Well, Carl made it seem like she was like six months pregnant when, but I don't think that's the case. I think he was exaggerating a touch, but then she was showing she was time. But at the reunion, the reunion, I did not think she was showing no.
Speaker 1: But how many months is eighteen weeks?
Speaker 2: Like four months? Yeah, four months, almost five months.
Speaker 3: But then they decided to have herbachi dinner after this announcement, Everyone trying to do the math with Lindsay's pregnancy is like us trying to do the math. It seems like she got pregnant a month into dating Turner. Then Jesse gets into a convo with Lexie and then ask her straight to her face if she's ditzy.
Speaker 2: You can tell she's offended by this.
Speaker 1: Oh, Jesse really knows how to win a girl over. I mean, it's shocking that he's single.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, well, I mean I think I think. I think.
Speaker 3: I think he thinks kind of nagging the girl, like giving the negative is going to make her more into him. I feel like this is going to bite him in the ass long term, because I think she is meant for reality television and I think she is going to have a lot of options, and when Jesse screws her over, I think she's going to eat him alive.
Speaker 1: And she's got a hot little body.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I remember when they're all sitting by the pool and he's like.
Speaker 3: Look how hot she is?
Speaker 1: Was like, I love her. I love her. Did you catch Wes being MESSI asking Lindsay what the baby's last name is?
Speaker 3: Oh, he's going to be and then Page like piped in and she was like just I mean, what do you mean and like named Lindsay's Hubbard.
Speaker 2: Hubbard. That's it.
Speaker 1: So it sounds like most of the casts knew she was pregnant, but she didn't confirm it with anybody.
Speaker 3: After dinner, the guys are having their own little party downstairs whether girls get ready for bed. Kyle's going to tone things down this summer, he says, because his actions in the past have upset a man that I toning things down is leaving four minutes before his friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but not Kyle growing up like Craig. I can't do this storyline again.
Speaker 2: Like, no, I don't know, Aretty.
Speaker 1: Said, Kyle's going to be sewing pillows and visiting beehives and wanting a ranch so he can have his own eggs.
Speaker 3: But I have to tell you that even though Kyle may have thought he'd toned down this first episode. It didn't really seem to excite Amanda in anyway.
Speaker 1: Now, but Kyle coming home drunk talking to himself, he's really crushing the respectful husband.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, nailed it. Maybe don't go out the first night, just just.
Speaker 1: A thought, or be like Gabby just come home at eight twenty four in the morning holding your shoes, yep walk of shame. How many episodes do you give it until Kyle and Amanda are going at it like fighting?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean because even when they're not fighting, they're fighting in my opinion, like there's just so much irrit It would be like if I don't know, we don't have sex, so it's different, but it'd be like if we were together twenty four to seven and just pretending that shit didn't annoy us about each other.
Speaker 2: But of course it's going to Do you find Page.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you find Page more likable on this show than Southern Charm?
Speaker 3: I think that Page is like quippy and funny, and but I think it's things are going to change now that Page is going to have to be on the defense. Pages very easily had to be. You know, she's the you know the voice of reason, the funny one. She's always, you know, been in a relationship for quite some time with Craig. Everybody loves their relationship. But now that that's gonna shift, I don't know how that's ultimately going to work out.
Speaker 1: And I'm I can't remember. Does Page and Lindsey get along?
Speaker 2: No, I mean speak?
Speaker 1: No, Okay, that's what I thought. I kind of got that there. I don't see anything warm and fuzzy between the two of them.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: But Kyle, I love les toned down, is just eating snacks and drunk at three am, stumbling into his wife's room, like love it, love everything about it.
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't she go out with him?
Speaker 2: I don't think she wants. I think she knows.
Speaker 3: I think it's like years and years and years of raging and like she doesn't care.
Speaker 2: I don't think she's jealous of whatever he's.
Speaker 1: Going to do.
Speaker 3: Like I think if your significant other is kind of just a hot mess express and not like, I'd probably be more worried if like Jesse was my husband than Kyle. Really yeah, Like Jesse looks like a smooth operator.
Speaker 2: I think Kyle just won't. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Then the next day everyone's out by the pool. Of course, it starts with West and Jesse needed to do a pre swim, and Jesse has it in his head already that he and Lexia are already dating, and the guys loves her. Yeah, the guys can't even help but tease him, and he's like, no, no, I love her. And then Lindsay walks outside in a two piece showing off her baby bump at the same time Carl gets to the house. Are we shocked by this timing?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: Then Carl is getting a pep talk from producers from outside before seeing Lindsay. He saw her pregnancy announcement the last night and his phone's been blowing up.
Speaker 1: We see Carl so stressed out and anxious to even go in there, and he's just like, just seems caring and sweet. And then there's Lindsay who gives zero fox.
Speaker 3: Well, I gotta be honest, like, towards the end of their relationship, I think I would probably give zero fux too. She's like, whatever, I can come on this show now and do it. Pregnant, I get to have a baby and win. When is I didn't have to marry Carl?
Speaker 1: Well, evidently Carl's on is healing journey is killing healing is healing journey, like Whitney Rose would call it.
Speaker 3: Then he says he's happy for her, but he also doesn't know what to say because he's still healing about the breakup. My other favorite part of this part was Lexi maybe the first Summer House inhabitant to need a restraining order because Jesse is giving Patrick Bateman vibes in the moment. So then we get into coming up this season on Summer House, Paige's crying about her and Craig's breakup. Craig claims she cheated on him, but she says she caught him texting I think her phrase with two other bitches during their relationship.
Speaker 1: I didn't catch that.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: And then Lexi and Jesse get closer, but he's also openly flirting with Sierra and then the new cast member and Rule isn't shy about having sex with multiple people on a daily basis.
Speaker 2: He talks about a sex so he's the new guy. Yeah, I was wondering who he was.
Speaker 1: I'm like, who is this guy and why is he talking about having sex with gas?
Speaker 3: I know it took me a minute because I didn't realize then Carl admits he has had sex in a year and he and Lindsay can't maintain a friendship.
Speaker 2: Do you think Carl's still in love with Lindsay?
Speaker 1: No, I don't think so, Okay, I don't. I mean you have to remember he called off the wedding like something wasn't there for him.
Speaker 2: I think as they were fighting all the time.
Speaker 1: But if they are, what if they hook back up now that she has a baby and she broke up a turner.
Speaker 3: I need to do more research on this Turner breakup because I don't want to believe it.
Speaker 2: I realize you may have read it, but I got there and she just already out there.
Speaker 1: She did a story or something about how she's not.
Speaker 2: Well about it. Oh my gosh, this is brutal.
Speaker 1: With a new baby. Baby's only like what two months old?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's hard. All right, guys, thanks for tuning into Summer House. We are glad it's back and loving every second already.
Speaker 1: Absolutely