Speaker 1: The Apple Watch Series ten is here. It has the biggest display ever. It's also the thinnest Apple Watch ever, making it even more comfortable on your wrist whether you're running, swimming, or sleeping. And it's the fastest charging Apple Watch, getting you eight hours of charge in just fifteen minutes. The Apple Watch Series ten available for the first time in the glossy jet black aluminum compared to previous generations. iPhone Tennis are later required. Charge time and actual results will vary.
Speaker 2: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roeblass, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 3: Welcome in episode one sixty nine, What's Right with Nick Wright Flying solo once again? Daughters Still in Europe, demands, studio still getting built, and my wife is just flatly refused to do the show. In the last couple of days, she said, quote, there's literally no sports going on. What are we gonna talk about? So it's just you and me today. But we do have a ton to talk about, in fact, so much We're gonna get right to it. But something that missed the cut didn't actually miss the cut, because I'm gonna discuss it here in a moment. But let's show you what we think missed the cut. Germany and Brazil eliminated from the Women's World Cup. That's not actually missing the cut. Jim Rsa paying twenty million dollars to transport an Orca across the country. I got the distinct impression our production staff really wanted me to talk about this story. I have no interest in that story. And Skinny Luca appears to have cut down in soda. I'm not the healthiest guy in the world. But one of the things that I think has helped me because I basically eat whatever I want, is I don't really do sweets and I never do soda. So I think that maybe the cutting out soda is the key to all of it now. The thing that said missed the Cup but I actually want to get to is because it happened just a couple hours ago. Morocco is the Cinderella in both World Cups this year. They make the semifinal on the men's side and then on the women's side. Here is how that group went. The group had Germany, which is the number two team in the world, Columbia, which is okay in the twenties I think Morocco's in the seventies in South Korea. The first game of that group and again, just like the me inside to advanced two, don't, Germany beat Morocco six to nothing. Again, Germany beat Morocco six to nothing. Colombia then beat South Korea. Morocco then beat uh yeah, Morocco then beat Colombia. Or pardon me, Morocco then beat South Korea. Germany and Colombia play. Is this right? Germany and Colombia played to a draw. I might have that part wrong, but the moral of it was, all of a sudden, you had a German team playing no. Germany and Columbia played today. Pardon me, because Morocco played no. I have now I'm screwing the whole thing up I should have had in front of me because I watched it this morning. This morning, here's what happened. Morocco is playing Columbia and Germany is playing South Korea. Germany again the number two team in the world, and they had beaten Morocco's six nothing start the tournament. And I was up early this morning because I couldn't sleep, so I turned these two matches on it right after the second half starts, and you see Morocco and Columbia are tied, and then all of a sudden, Morocco is beating Columbia and Germany and South Korea are tied, and it's like, well, hold on a second here. If Morocco wins and Germany ties South Korea, Germany is not going to advance. And there ended up being fifteen minutes of stoppage time. It was wild as we were watching it, but Morocco ends up beating Columbia, won nothing. Colombia doesn't care because Columbia is moving on. They're fine. And then there's minutes left in the Germany match. The Moroccan players are watching on a phone on the pitch and South Korea holds on to get its only point of the World Cup, a one to one draw with Germany, and Germany's going home, and it is just one of the most startling. It's the first time ever the German women haven't advanced to the knockout round. And now Morocco, which started the tournament losing six nothing to Germany, is advancing. Germany is not. It was startling. It was great theater. The Moroccan players were beside themselves. It was such a cool story that being that happening Jamaica, which basically had to do a go fund me to even get to the tournament. Them advancing is great. The only part of this World Cup that hasn't been great is how the US has played. Now, hopefully the US picks it up well. I mean, if they don't, they're done. They are still the slight favorites to beat Sweden. They are no longer the favorites in the entire tournament. I've been trying to see there. Here we go. Right now, the tournament odds are England big favorites at plus two seventy, then the US and Spain both at plus four seventy. Morocco. You can get Morocco right now at four hundred and thirty to one, So one thousand bucks on Morocco when you're almost half a million. I don't think that's a really good bet, but it is a hell of a story. Okay, now we will get to what we are actually scheduled to talk about today, which is my quarterback pyramid. So I did a quarterback pyramid on the show. On the TV show, some people got very mad about it because this is what I said. I said, I am not putting the rookies on the pyramid because they haven't played yet. I want to see them play before I put them on the pyramid. And then we got to the top few rows of the pyramid, and of course Mahomes is at the top, the second row is burrow in the Prince, and then the third row smack Dad between Jalen Hurts and Josh Allen is Caleb Williams. So the producers asked, what has Williams done to be ahead of Josh Allen and Justin Herbert and Lamar. Well, he's not ahead of Josh Allen. Again, these pyramids or tears, they're not left to right, they are top to bottom. He is on the same row as Josh Allen. And Jalen Hurts. But the only quarterbacks ahead of him are Mahomes, Burrow and the Prince. And the answer is, what hasn't Caleb Williams done? Caleb Williams stepped onto a college football field as a freshman at Oklahoma, and what did he do down twenty eight to seven against Texas and the biggest rivalry game in the country, or at least one of them leads him on a comeback? Is excellent the rest of that year, then transfers to USC and wins the Heisman Trophy. In his college career, he had sixty nine touchdowns and nine picks. He plays a mahomesy in style, with, by the way, the same height and weight as Mahomes, a lot of the same flare, some of the same toughness. The kid is as can't miss as camp miss gets now is right and is saying this moment, you know, he's one of the six best quarterbacks alive. Maybe potentially a touch hyperbolic, sure, but I am as certain of him as I was of Trevor Lawrence. I wasn't, by the way, I wasn't certain of Mahomes. I was when that if it were being totally honest my record on that. I wanted the Chiefs to draft de Sean Watson because I was very confident Deshan Watson. But Trevor Lawrence was the most no doubt prospect we had, no questions asked prospect we had had in a decade. Caleb Williams, now it's only been a few years, is the most no doubt prospect since Trevor. I thought Trevor was a better prospect than Joe Burrow, and Listen, Burrow has been unbelievable. I think Caleb's a better prospect than Joe Burrow. And his ability to play through pain, his ability to make off platform throws his creative. We are now living in a NFL universe that revolves around Patrick Mahomes, and if you are trying to win a championship, you have to ask yourself a question, can my quarterback go toe to toe with Patrick Mahomes and at least one in three times get a win. Burrow has answered that question is yes. Josh Allen in the regular season, to his credit, has answered the question is yes. Jalen Hurt showed you in the Super Bowl. The answer that might be yes. I don't know that that's true for Justin Herbert. I don't know that that's true for Lamar. I know that isn't true with any of the other guys. I believe it will be true with Caleb Williams. I believe he is a superstar. And if if you are not a fan of one of the five or six best teams in the league this year, you know which team would probably be the most fun to be a fan of this season. The Arizona Cardinals, because you get to watch every Cardinal game rooting for them to lose, which they will most of them. If somehow they end up winning some of those games. You then get to watch the Texans games rooting for them to lose, because they have the Texans pick as well. And if you're the Cardinals, a team that seemed to have no just be in total and utter disarray, you are about to be in a position where you should have next year the number one pick of the draft, which you will use on Caleb Williams, the number four or five pick of the draft from Houston, which you can trade if you'd like for probably a mid first round pick and future picks, and Kyler, who you can trade for almost assuredly at least a first round pick and then something the Cardinals get to start totally over with the transcendent quarterback if they're as bad as I think they're going to be. Now, there's another team we're going to talk about later that I think should have taken that tact this year. They opted against it. I think they're going to regret it. But there's a team that Caleb would have been a perfect fit for that could have opted to get into the Caleb Williams Sweepstakes. They're not doing it them. We'll talk about them at the top of the B block. Actually, the producers also said, aren't you doing to Caleb what everyone else did to Wimby? So on the TV show they asked me this as well. No I am. What I am saying about Caleb Williams is I believe he will be a well above average number one overall pick. That would be a fair expectation for Wimby if I were saying right now that Caleb Williams by year three is going to be League MVP and the best player in the sport. And as the way Wimby was discussed was that if Wimby turns into Tim Duncan. It's a bit of a disappointment that if I were to say right now, if all Caleb Williams ends up being as Aaron Rodgers, he's a disappointment. That would be unfair. I am not putting Wimby level expectations on Caleb. I am putting Zion level expectations on Caleb when Zion was coming into the league, and those are fair. The guy's a superstar. And anybody wanting to say the whole oh, well, then why wasn't USC better last year? First of all? USC was damn good last year. Second of all, and maybe more importantly, you can't overcome horrific defenses in college football at the quarterback position. That's why Patrick Mahomes as a starter in college. What did he have a losing record? What was Texas text record in twenty fifteen and twenty sixteen. I know it wasn't overwhelming. I think he was seven and five and maybe seven and six. Caleb. I am as certain on Caleb as I've been on anybody. That's why I had him on the pyramid next on the quarterback pyramid. Producers, Right, Williams wasn't the only controversial pick on your quarterback pyramid, which quarterbacks have the highest odds of making you look dumb at the end of the year. So we can put the full pyramid on the screen and for the people listening, I'll go through it very quickly here and then leave it on screen if we can. We have Mahomes at the top, obviously Burrow and Trevor Lawrence second row. And the difference between by the way tears and a pyramid is a pyramid is there's one person on row one, two on row two, three on row three, et cetera. So a seven row pyramid would be twenty eight people. Row three is Hurts, Caleb and Josh Allen, Row four Dak Justin, Herbert Lamar, Aaron Rodgers, Row five cousins to Us Stafford, Fields and Gino Smith, Row six, car Goff, Watson, Kyler, Daniel Jones and Jimmy Row seven Tannehill, Mac Jones, Russell Wilson, Brock Purdy, Jordan Love, Kenny pick In, Baker Mayfield. The rookies are unranked, and also Sam Howell and Desmond Riddard didn't make it. Of those guys, I would have said the one I was most anxious about making me look bad. Was me having Justin Fields on row five in the top fifteen because he hasn't earned that placement yet. But evidently saying Justin Fields is above average, not only is it not a hot take, it's the most tepid take there is. Because I've got colleagues saying he could be League MVP this year, which is flatly insane. And I like Fields clearly. I said, despite his passing numbers first few years of his career being abysmal, I said, you know what, better offensive line, DJ Moore, more consistent offensive system, all of those things. I think he can be an above average quarterback. So I'm betting on him. But the fact that Fields is to me, the most bet on MVP candidate. You've got otherwise smart people talking about him like he's already a great player that I don't understand. Now we can go back to the pyramid, the pyramid ranking of Rogers on row four, along with Dak, Herbert Lamar, and Aaron's That's not gonna make me look bad what I've said about Rogers that I just don't think he's a great quarterback anymore. I don't think the Jets are gonna be very good this year. All of those things absolutely could be used against me if I'm wrong. I don't think I will be. If I'm looking at this pyramid though, they my guess would be the following that by week ten, Stafford, who's right now in row five, a top fifteen guy, has dropped down a bit. Jordan Love maybe has moved up a row from row seven to row six. I have no idea what we're gonna get from Deshaun. I also wonder if Herbert or Lamar could jump ahead of Josh Allen and everybody's like, oh, Nick, you hate you kill Josh Allen. I mean of NFL quarterbacks. I have him in the top five right there. I thought he's I don't think he's done anything to be ranked ahead of Hertz Burrow or I believe Trevor's better. But I am saying that's a controversial opinion. But this is a tough question for me to answer, though. Which one is going to make me look dumb? Because I don't think any of them, because I think this is the most accurate quarterback ranking system we've seen. By the way, you're gonna see a version of this every Tuesday on the TV show. But It's not gonna be called Nick's quarterback Pyramid. It's going to be called Mahomes Mountain and spoiler alert, and no one's going to get to the top of it. Von Miller, This is from the producers again. Von Miller praises quarterback Josh Allen, saying him reminds him of Peyton Manning. You disagreed? Are you saying you know more than von Miller? Well, obviously, stylistically, Josh Allen and Peyton Manning have very little in common. Stylistically. The quarterback that Josh Allen should remind you of. I wonder if any of the we're going back about twenty years. I'll give you guys in your cars or the producers a moment like h who could he be talking about? Stylistically? The quarterback that Josh Allen reminds you of is Dante Culpeper, pre injury Dante Culpeper, who also made a conference championship game very early, then got rocked in that conference championship game. Dante Culpeper, who his final year healthy threw for almost five thousand yards, thirty nine touchdowns eleven picks. Dante Calpeper, who was a dynamic rushing threat, and it was a great part of his game, and then he injured his shoulder and his career was never the same. They don't have a similarity there, but both giant, big, strong, physically imposing, cannon arm guys who are a little careless with the football. But here's my would be my concern, not just if you're Josh Allen, but for a lot of these AFC quarterbacks in the two thousands, in the AFC, you had Tom Brady who made it to I think thirteen AFC title games and nine Super Bowls with the Patriots. You had Peyton who made it I believe to five AFC title games obviously four total Super Bowls. You had Big Ben who made it to I think four AFC title games and three Super Bowls. Okay, so that's everybody else was kind of left out in the Cole and in the AFC. When you have Mahomes as the Brady figure, Burrow and Trevor as the Peyton and Big Ben figures. Is Josh Allen shaping up or justin Herbert or Lamar? But let's stay on Josh. Is Josh shaping up to be the Philip Rivers figure? Great numbers teams good most years, and in Philip Rivers career he lost in the playoffs to Brady three times, at least twice, I think, three times, lost in the playoffs to Peyton, lost in the playoffs to Big Ben, oddly lost in the playoffs once to Mark Sanchez, and then funnily enough, oddly enough, I should say, got his final playoff law was rumed with the Colts to Josh Allen. And those Charger teams were good teams with a good quarterback, but you had future first Ballot Hall of famers in your conference in their prime at the same time. And that's just gonna be a tough hill to climb. If Burrows as good as I believe he is, Trevor we Is as good as I know he is, and we all know how good Mahomes is, there's just not going to be a lot of opportunities. And I don't want to again, I don't want to spend so much time banging on the bills, but I do think it is worth noting that if we go to the Super Bowl odds all right, and then look at the trajectory of these teams over the last few years, one of these things is not like the other. The Chiefs just won the Super Bowl. That's obviously they're head in the right direction. The Eagles made the playoffs, made the Super Bowl. Headed in the right direction. The Bengals. They took a small step back last year, but they went from out of the playoffs to the Super Bowl to AFC Title Game road loss. The Niners. If we do a three year trajectory out of the playoffs, NFC Championship game appearance, NFC Championship game appearance, the Cowboys out of the playoffs round one defeat, Round two defeat, They're at least getting a little bit better. The Jets to disaster, travesty of a franchise. Hey, we won seven games. We added Aaron Rodgers. The raven missed the playoffs too, got into the playoffs despite their quarterback being hurt. The Lions. I'm listing all of the suit in order. I've just skipped one team, The Lions, embarrassment of a franchise to hey, we're a game away from the postseason. The Chargers missed the playoffs by three games. Missed the playoffs in overtime of Week eighteen two made the playoffs. The Dolphins out of the playoffs to in the playoffs, the backup quarterback the Jags travesty of a franchise two Oh my god, we're in the playoffs won a playoff game. That is eleven of your top twelve Super Bowl contenders according to the odds. The one I left out was the Buffalo Bills. Their trajectory is made the AFC Title Game, then lost an epic Round two game on the road, then got blown out in Round two at home. So eleven of your twelve top contenders are either on a clear upward trajectory have maintained. The one team that you could say last year took a step back is I suppose Cincinnati, but I not really Cincinnati the year before last went to overtime in kans City in the AFC Title Game, and one Cincinnati this year lost on a last second field goal in Kansity in the AFC Title Game. They're maintaining. The only team going in the wrong direction is Buffalo. So just a lot of reasons that they are a very very difficult team for me to believe in right now. All right, last Cowboys Trayvon Diggs went at dak in practice. Producers say, if they don't have enough drama. They are now going at each other. Shouldn't the team be trying to build up their fragile quarterbacks confidence. I think this is nonsense story. I don't think he has fragile confidence. I think I think good teams in the NFL getting after each other in training camp and the best players drawing at each other is actually a good sign. So I don't buy that as And I heard Shady listen. Shady obviously knows a lot more about ANFL training camps than me. Shady's saying that, you know, the best quarterbacks in the league aren't treated like this. I that may or may not be true. I had no problem with it. I actually didn't think it was a bad thing for Dallas at all. And I think Dallas is Steven's gonna kick ass this year, and I think playing with that edge will be good for him. There is a team that should have made that, that could be in such a great position to get right back to the super Bowl. Instead, they're pretending they can be good this year. Will they just suffered another injury? We'll discuss who they are and play all interfold next. What's right, hey, guys, fall is right around the corner. And Hello Fresh is here to help you plan for the busy season ahead with tasty dishes delivered right to your door. Simply choose your recipes, pick your delivery to eight, then lay back and enjoy the last days of summer. Knowing dinner is covered the key to dinner time success. Variety. Hello Fresh keeps your taste buds on their toes. With forty chef crafted recipes to select from every week, from family friendly to fit and wholesome, you'll always find new and exciting recipes to try and love. My family personally loves the meat and veggies option. I have enough back to school shopping and planning to do with kids in school, with the shows, with work. Letting Hello Fresh get the groceries and save me some cash with pre portioned meals delivered right to my door is just great. So if your busy like me, don't call for delivery. Get HelloFresh. It's twenty five percent cheaper than takeout and less expensive than grocery shopping too. Try Hello Fresh today by going to HelloFresh dot com. Slash fifty that's number five zero nick right. Use code fifty nick right right with a W five zero nick right for fifty percent off plus free shipping. That's HelloFresh dot com slash fifty Nick right and use code fifty Nick right for fifty percent off plus free shipping.
Speaker 4: Hey there, Ryan Reynolds here, it's a new year, and you know what that means. No, not the diet resolutions a way for us all to try and do a little bit better than we did last year. And my resolution, unlike Big Wireless, is to not be a raging and raise the price of wireless on you every chance I get. Give it a try at midmoble dot com slash switch forty.
Speaker 5: Five dollars up front payment required equivalent to fifteen dollars per month customers on first three month plan only, taxes and v's extra speeds lower above forty gigabytes on unlimited cementmobile dot com for details.
Speaker 3: All right, welcome back in episode one sixty nine, What's right with Nick? Right? Before we get to all in our fold, we're gonna talk about the Rams here for a moment, because Cooper Cup is already injured in camp and the Rams are likely going to be terrible again. The producers ask was it worth it for one Super Bowl if they completely fall apart? Because they won the Super Bowl. The answer is yes. Uh. Had they not, it would have been a true disaster and fan base crippling. And I'm kind of glad they fell apart a bit because I didn't love the bleep them picks philosophy and the I I do appreciate the art of team building in the NFL that's just so different than other sports. And the Rams put everything on the credit card and you know, had the greatest party of their lives. People still talking about it, but now they're gonna be paying that off for years. What to me is so interesting about the Rams is they had an opportunity to continue that tortured analogy, to declare bankruptcy this year and be right back in it. If I were running the Rams after the season they had last year, I would have said, Okay, listen, this is not gonna be fun. But the reality is, what is our best case scenario. Best case scenario, our incredibly young defense and our incredibly thin offense stay healthy, overachieve a bit, we win nine games, sneak into the playoffs, get blasted, and then Stafford's a year older, You're closer to retirement Donald as well, and we're just that's our best case scenario. Most likely scenarios were a five or six win team. What if this offseason we do the inverse of bleep them picks and all we care about is the picks, and we hold an auction Aaron Donald, you're one of the greatest players in the history of the sport. You're also on the trade block. Could you get a first round pick and then something for Aaron Donald? Yes, they did it, by the way, with Jalen Ramsey. They traded Ramsey and got something. Do that with Donald, swallow hard and do it with Cooper Cup and do it with Matt Staffer. And say, we have a team in our division in Arizona that is attempting to get Caleb Williams. Do we want to have to deal with Caleb Williams for the next ten years? Or do we a team from Los Angeles that still, even though we want a Super Bowl struggle a bit with a fan base, want to have Caleb Williams and the extra draft capital, clean our books up this year and move forward and potentially be right back in a Super Bowl in three or four years. That's what they should have done. And even if you want to tell McVeigh. You want a year leave of absence, buddy, We'll give it to you. We will. We'll let you take a year off. If you don't want to deal with this, you can come back for this season. This season's gonna be awful. That's what the Rams should have done. They didn't. Now they're likely gonna have to deal with Caleb Williams in that division because I do think the Cardinals are gonna be horrible. I think the Cardinals are doing this.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It took him a while, but the smart Way now and the Rams I think are gonna be even in the bad NFC a bad team all right. Time For all interfold, we actually already touched on this one. Betters have placed more MVP bets on Justin fields than Mahomes, Allen, and Herbert combined. All interfold betting geniuses are gonna bankrupt Vegas. That is obviously a fold. And the reason people have placed so many bets on fields to win MVP is because the odds are so good. I understand that, because he has such long odds, I should say, but it is a ludicrous bet. And I understand you're like, oh, you want to get good value. The value of a bet that a zero percent chance of happening is zero. So yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and fold on that one. Next, Baker Mayfield was in the bottom tier of your quarterback pyramid, reportedly in a tight quarterback competition with Kyle Trask and Tampall in her fold, you have to liquidate your Baker, your Baker stock. I'm gonna go ahead and fold on that. I do not have to liquidate my Baker stock because much like last year, all I guaranteed last year in the beginning of the year was that he would beat out Sam Darnold. He did, then he was terrible with the Panthers, had a nice, you know, a nice couple moments with the Rams. Baker is going to beat out Kyle Trask. Kyle Trask is not an NFL quarterback, flatly he is not. And so the now my long term Baker's are really good quarterback stocks. Those have already been delisted. Those are on the pink sheets. But Baker to beat out Kyle Trask. He's gonna do that. Next Hall of Fame game, preseason football kicks off tonight. All in her fold betting preseason football is acceptable. Oh, I'm all in on that. It's absolutely acceptable if you think you can find value or have an edge. I know some people love betting unders in the in preseason football. I'm not gonna be betting the Hall of Fame game, but I think that betting preseason games, especially if you feel like you have a good pulse on a team or know some things about who's gonna play starters and who don't, that isn't necessarily the general public's not up on. I think it's okay. I wouldn't bet a lot on preseason football. You want to bet a little, though, I got no problem with it, all right. Next, Travis Kelsey is rocking. These guys wrote new lip Foliage. I would never say something like that all interfold. Kelsey has done more for Mustachers than Top Gun. This is just trying to troll me into my anti top Gun take. You're not gonna get me on it. That is a weird look from Kelsey, and I love Kelsey, but Kelsey going from the fade into the beard, the you know, the look that I once upon a time had what is called kind of the generic cool white guy look. Going from that to a look that can only be described as cop is an odd choice by him. I doubt he keeps it. My guess is it's just a training camp thing. But I'm folding on that. Fantasy football Demonse has joined the Blue Dock Fantasy Football League. All Interfold, Nick will join the Blue Dock Fantasy League. Well, first of all, I haven't been invited. Second of all, as has been established, I don't play fantasy football. I gamble like an adult. I'm just I'm not a good fantasy member because I'm not gonna be super invested. I might forget to set my lineup. I have too many things going on as far as bets to play survivor pools. I'm not doing your fancy football league, and I wasn't invited to your fantasy football league. Next, Dan Campbell said the NFL denied the Lion's request to have an actual lion on the sidelines. The Broncos, Seahawks, Ravens, and Browns all have live mascots, and the Chiefs, by the way, used to have a horse that came on the field. All Interfold, the Lions deserve a lion. I love the idea of the Lions having a real lion. I think that would have been awesome. I think the NFL should revert on that. So I'm all in on that follow up. If What's Right had a live mascot, what would it be? I mean the I can be self deprecating here the obvious answer again, I'll let you guys in your car or the producers think of it. In fact, for our producers, what animal represents? If anyone has any guesses, go ahead and pipe in, because there's one obvious one. It's insulting, but it's an obvious one. Oh, we have a new person in the production room, at least I think we do. Hi, sir, good to meet you. Uh. I see he kind of has the cool generic white guy look. If you're watching the skin fade shaved head into the beard. I like that look. That was the look I had for years. The do anybody want to guess? Or you guys worries you're gonna hurt my feelings? No, it's not. The answer is a parrot giant nose talks too much like that would be. That's the answer. That's the mascot for the shows. If we had a live animal mascot. But no, we don't have one. We don't have those. We're not zoned for that here at Trentage, Harlem's trendiest and hottest women's boutique. All right, Speaking of animals, there's video out of a Chinese zoo that shows a bear that a pair appears to be a human in a costume all interfold. The bear is a human costume in a bear costume. I don't I don't know what they're trying to do here. That is clearly not a live bear, right, I mean, well, now that I'm watching him walk, you know what, I'm not certain? Am I an idiot for this? Am I supposed to be certain? That Chinese zoo denies its bears are humans in disguise? When he's standing there, he sure looks like a human and his face doesn't you know? Okay, that's a human in a bear disguise. That's pretty clue, that's what it is. I don't think that guy who was supposed to stand up, Yeah, that's a human in a bar disguise. That's not great. Uh, the and in they're trying to get me to do some alien thing that I'm not doing. I don't even tell. The bear is an alien and a human costume in a bear costume. By the way, Matt Ford, our producer, extraordinary as I drink my delicious Starbucks coffee. Even though I don't even have a Starbucks commercial to read today, I just really enjoy it. The first half hour, I did Colin Coward's podcast on the volume, and we had a bit of alien discussion on there. If you want to dive into it. Colin let's call him a skeptic. And I gave my takes if you'd like more of my alien takes that you guys didn't get from last week's pod that people enjoyed so much. All right, there's all in her fold. If you're in the live chat right now, throw in some questions. We'll get to them next. What's right?
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first. Like you know, to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States savings. Very terms apply all State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 3: Welcome back in episode one sixty nine, What's Right with Nick Right, We now read some of your listener questions live from the YouTube chat. Uh hawk fan asks what's your worst bad beat or most unlucky bet outcome in your life? I think I've told this story before, Listen. I've had some real bad ones. I mean we all have. I lost a massive teas on the Double Doink game that Bears playoff game. I also Beamani Jones was at my house watching when this one happened. Do you guys remember the Steelers. I think his name was Jesse James. It was on Sunday Night Football. Yeah, I had a huge bet. I remember on I think it was the Steelers' money line. It was Patriots Steelers and Jesse James scores to win the game. I'm pulling up the video of it right now so I can give you the time score situation. It's first in goal, there's thirty seconds left, and Jesse James scores and goes into the end zone to go up four with thirty seconds left. And this was that did not survive the ground ruling, which you know, one of the you know, was the eleventh consecutive ruling like this that benefited the Patriots. I'm watching it again right now. It made no sense at the time. He caught the ball, no one ever hits him. He then reaches across the goal line. I still don't get it now they've since changed the rule. I guess it's just such a bad, bad review. That one killed me and the Steelers ended up losing the game. But my worst beat ever was the Kansas Mini National Championship game. The and that one I've talked about, but I'll tell you the story again. So Memphis was three and a half point favorites in that game, and I had just gotten out of college, and I was just recently on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? And I had this fifty grand and I was gambling a lot, and I had just a deep belief that Memphis was going to win the game by exactly three points. So I paid a stupid big to and I didn't want to bet on Kansas plus three and a half because I've rooted against Kansas my whole life, And so I bought Memphis down from three and a half two to two and a half. I also, this was pre online betting really being a thing. I was fifteen years ago. It's the seven National Championship game. I also got my bookie to give me, I think, again, terrible odds like eight to one on it should be way more than that. But I don't remember exactly what it was, but I know that I had Memphis minus two and a half and a real for a real amount of money. I mean, I'll say how much it was. It's a real amount of money to me now, So imagine it was two grand, but it was two grand to win like I want to say, like fifteen hundred. Again, I was just totally it was such a square bet, so I was paying such a high vig to get it to two and a half. I think it was two grand to win sixteen hundred. But imagine me sixteen years ago, how much two grand was to me impossible to fathom. And I have Memphis minus two and a half and Memphis is in control. Memphis is up seven and I'm sorry, They're up nine with two minutes left in the game. They then all of a sudden, Memphis starts missing their free throws. Chris Douglas Roberts, missus free throws, missus free throws, missus free throws. Derek Rose misses a free throw with a minute left, Memphis missed a shot, one, two, three, three consecutive free throws, and then Derek Rose makes a free throw with ten seconds left, and the score is sixty three to sixty and one stop. And I win my bet, I win my I win both bets. I'm also feel like the smartest gambler in the world because everyone had Memphis minus three and a half. I had them minus two and a half and Mario Chalmers hits one of the biggest shots in college basketball history. Memphis then missed the three of their own and get blown out and overtime, and I am in shambles. I'll never forget that one. That's the worst beat of my life. Uh. Nick Adams says, how many years do you think Mahomes can be the undisputed best in the world before someone could take the crown? Could Caleb take it by year three? No, I think Mahomes because I think Mome is gonna keep winning super Bowls. I think Mahomes is going to be universally regarded as the best quarterback in the League through the twenty twenties. I think five to six more years minimum. Whereas universally regarded the best quarterback in the league, Riguez asked, what does the Prince need to do this year to be considered the top three quarterback you think he is? I mean when league MVP are come close to it, and I think that's what's gonna happen. I think he'll be a there'll be a twelve or thirteen win team and he will be a top three MVP guy and people will be like, damn, Nick was right about the Jags and Trevor Lawrence again, maybe we should stop mocking him for it and start listening to him about it. Uh. Carter Say says, what flavors Starbucks, Jill drink are you drinking today? I'm drinking banilla myself this morning while enjoying the pod. Well, thank you, Carter Say. That's an unpaid endorsement. I'm drinking the caramel again. I enjoy this one. This is my favorite flavor. What a nice corporate synergy to end the pod on. You guys were excellent today. The TV show is gonna be great. I'll see you guys there and Tuesday Dior's act with the pod. See you guys, then what's right?
Speaker 1: H