Speaker 1: It's nine O Gen one with Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling. We are so ready for this week's episode. Are you guys ready? Ye're very ready. I can I can see it. You're so excited.
Speaker 2: Everything's coming up. Roses.
Speaker 1: This is OMG, you guys and you are back and we are back.
Speaker 3: Assic episode like it sort of really was. I remembered all of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is one that you don't forget because it's you know, everything's coming up. Roses sings me right back? There, doesn't it?
Speaker 3: I bet?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: Is it okay? So?
Speaker 1: Is this a continue? This is a part one of a Rose situation, Rose Parade situation. It does for a while, right.
Speaker 3: I just think we had two kisses in this episode that like blew my mind.
Speaker 1: There was there's a lot of kissing you guys.
Speaker 2: And a lot of light pink, shimmery gloss.
Speaker 1: Whoa the makeup.
Speaker 3: LORI thank you guys. The lipstick was not great.
Speaker 1: It was so mid nineties.
Speaker 2: I feel like Donna and Valerie had the same lipstick on and.
Speaker 1: They were both irritating me, both of us. So frostedy pink like Grandma.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kelly had red, but I don't that's good that was good. Just all the lipstick was so much.
Speaker 1: My eyebrows were so little. What the heck? Their little pencil thin?
Speaker 2: What does that do their finest.
Speaker 3: We'll get into all of it. We'll get into all of it.
Speaker 1: I'm so surprised my eyebrows ever grew back from that. I actually still I thought about that eyebrows again. Thank god. If I were to do that now, if at my age would be over for you, there would be no eyebrows.
Speaker 3: Great, thanks to you, guys. They used to be amazing. If you saw a picture of me in college, and then because of you guys, I find him out.
Speaker 1: I think we did that. Tell a lot of people. Sorry guys about the brows. This is gonna be a good one. Stay tuned. Okay, This is It? Season four, Episode no, Season six, Episode four, Everything's Coming Up Roses aired September twenty seventh, nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 2: Synopsis. The girls try out for the rose Court and Donna makes the cut. Dylan is writing letters to the FBI while falling for Tony Marshad Brandon finally defrost Ice Queen Susan keats Steve aka Tenderheart meets his digital match, Cuddles aka Claire.
Speaker 1: Directed by Victor Lobel, written by Dinah Krugo.
Speaker 3: Oh, she seems new, Dina, Dina new.
Speaker 2: We don't know, We don't know her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd love to know her, Dinah, if you're out there, give us a call.
Speaker 3: Where to be? So much? There's so much too and pack here break down?
Speaker 1: Where's gosh? Well, whenever you guys say that, you know what I say, go.
Speaker 2: Back to the beginning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's start at the top. But first, first, trivia Trivia Good Leslie Leslie Summer is back, yes, and it's.
Speaker 3: Sort of a new role. She's not al already anymore, but she still Brook right yep. And now she's like in charge of the.
Speaker 1: Rose Court committee, so she's moved on up. Did you know how Okay? So, if you want to be a rose court what.
Speaker 3: Do you call them?
Speaker 1: Bud?
Speaker 3: A rose bud?
Speaker 1: If you want to be a rose queen, you have to be between the years of seventeen and twenty one. So, Donna, how old were you between twenty and if you're twenty one's Kelly's twenty one and she's twenty one.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that age range.
Speaker 1: Did you know also that none of the girls that are trying out on this episode would have been able to try out because they none of them live in Pasadena.
Speaker 3: Is that the rule you can only be from Pasadena or San Marino or something.
Speaker 1: You have to be from the Pasadena area apparently. Yeah, so the whole thing with Donna trying out didn't work for me because it doesn't try from the BH or any of the girls.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: One of the girls that was, you know, the we didn't know her, but she's like, I'm from San Marino, so she definitely qualified. But yeah, the rest of you make no sense.
Speaker 1: I love this one. Cindy and Abby. So that's Brenda's mom in Valerie's mom entered eight year old Brenda and Valerie into a little Miss Minneapolis contest and val Valerie threw up on the judge.
Speaker 2: That's good, so glad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not trivia, that's just a fact. I guess, same thing. All right, Okay, moving on, moving on, let's start at the tippy top.
Speaker 2: Dyn Oh, his voice over.
Speaker 1: I just feel like he's so cute, likes so cute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's and it's it's cute with him and Tony even though it's so weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get last week, I wasn't feeling it. We talked about like how we didn't feel the chemistry very much. And I'm gonna go back and sam feeling it now, are you? I'm feeling it more from him to her.
Speaker 3: Oh, I feel it from her to him. You feel her.
Speaker 2: Flurry and I just don't feel the connection between him and her.
Speaker 1: Well that's good because he's playing it like he doesn't you know.
Speaker 3: Don't know if he likes her or if he likes her because he's trying to get to the other Tony Marshett, we don't really know. I'm definitely getting.
Speaker 1: So he's doing a good job. She's very flirty with him. I thought that Luke was so good, you know. It just reminded me when you see another new love interest come in out of the blue from nowhere, not not a person that we've seen before. So there's no like history. Luke was always so good at making his leading lady feel so loved, Like he just has that. When you think about, like, over the course of Luke's whole career, everything he ever did, you fully believe that he's in love with whoever he's acting with.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like it just makes you feel like all the feelings of oh he loves me even when you're watching it. She's told us, see, very good, he's very good at that love thing. Oh. Then we go to the California University where Donn and Kelly are listening to a seminar from Leslie Sumner. My gosh, uh huh. She is the assistant director of public relations for the Tournament of Roses.
Speaker 3: Got a good job out of college.
Speaker 1: Really it suits her, it does.
Speaker 3: It sure does. And then when she said the sorority, everyone.
Speaker 2: Mm hm freak.
Speaker 1: You know, Leslie encourages our cu ladies to try out for the Rose Queen. And of course Susan Keats is listening and hates the whole idea.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to talk about that kiss, but I'll hold off. Cute not scene, sort of ping pongy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The banter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's so much banter though that I'm like, it feels so immature, like almost like the schoolyard, you know, Yeah, we're just kind of each other.
Speaker 2: Imagine if that was present day, that banter would be texting back and forth, Yeah, like what's your tagline?
Speaker 1: Wait? Are you you guys good at the text? Banter? Yeah, Yeah, I love a little text banter.
Speaker 2: You like emojis? No, you like uh? Gifts? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I can. I feel like I can.
Speaker 1: I think you say gifts when you click on it and you search for the image and it's a little Yeah. I feel like I can find a gift for any feeling I'm having. Anything I ever need to say, I can say it by someone acting on this silly yeah.
Speaker 3: Homer Simpson. Going into the bushes is a particular thing.
Speaker 2: Remember when you said one time, moving forward, you were only going to.
Speaker 1: Text and in gifts, I feel like people would understand what I'm saying. I don't have to stay like good. Actually, I'm going to bring that back.
Speaker 3: And I don't want to throw my phone out the window because I'm so sick of messages, text calls. It's getting irritating. It's crazy, everyone's crazy with the phones.
Speaker 2: What would you want it to be though? Message in a bottle?
Speaker 3: I mean I could use a comandication retreat, but otherwise, and I took TikTok off. I had to take TikTok off.
Speaker 2: Did why?
Speaker 3: I think it was making me anxious?
Speaker 1: Good for you? How do you feel now? How long has it been first.
Speaker 3: It's been maybe a week, and I don't miss it, and I do feel a little better. I think, I mean, and I think it'll Yeah, I think it. That's huge that someone said to watch that Social Dilemma. I need to watch that.
Speaker 2: I'm not a talker. Is that what it is? Well, I'm a talker, but not a ticker. I'm not a TikToker.
Speaker 1: You're not a TikToker. I mean shocks me, but I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm not. I never attempted to scroll it and just mindlessly look good. I go on and I'm like, I don't get it. It's a whole different thing.
Speaker 1: But if you go on the TikToker and you start scrolling, you'll never come back.
Speaker 3: I was wasting hours. I think I to.
Speaker 1: Get That's what Clara I said too, It's like how to get it off. Good for you, let's all do it all. Take a take a break from the time.
Speaker 2: I'm never leaving Amazon though.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, no, need to do that. I've already bought three things today. It's fine. Back on track, Back on track.
Speaker 1: Donna is a sucker for tiaras.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you loved.
Speaker 3: That, I wondered. I actually thought are those real diamonds, but then probably not that would be like the queen. That's crazy. No, right, yeah, I know, but it did go through my mind. I was like, you these diamonds, Yeah, for sure, it looks like a Pasadena mansion. Jenny, you could advise on that, but like wherever they you guys shot, that looked like where they shoot. I think I really felt Rose Paridi.
Speaker 1: To me, definitely felt Pasadena. Pasadena is so distinct. You guys watch that show Shrinking m that one with Jason Siegel. Yeah, and here's the Ford.
Speaker 3: Segal Jason Goal do you say?
Speaker 1: You say, Harrison Ford. It's all shot in Pasadena, every single part of it. And you can just tell.
Speaker 3: I like it. I can do that with jud Apatow movies because he shoots everything in Brentwood. I can literally see my house basically.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So the girls are all trying out for the Rose Queen, apparently even Val.
Speaker 2: It seems so bizarre.
Speaker 1: It's bizarre.
Speaker 3: It just makes no sense. She's not even from California, and.
Speaker 1: She really only goes for like a second and then she bows out because she has other motives.
Speaker 3: Just trying to steal your dude.
Speaker 1: Juice.
Speaker 2: That's the juicy part. Let's get there faster.
Speaker 1: Okay, the Jolt records. Let's go to the the We're Ray and Donna. Go in and find the little girls sitting at the desk. That's the weirdest writing dialogue, writing whatever for a child.
Speaker 3: Let that kid go.
Speaker 2: It must have been somebody's kids that whole that scene could have been cut.
Speaker 1: Like it was weird. I could tell everybody in it. I could tell that you and Jamie both felt uncomfortable. I could feel I don't know how she felt. She was probably stoked, but just felt weird.
Speaker 3: It's again, we'll discuss this at the end. I'm befuddled by Jamie Walter's aka Ray Pruin.
Speaker 2: You like it now?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I like him, but then I know my brain knows better. So it's just like so weird.
Speaker 2: Getting cuter.
Speaker 3: They just messed that up.
Speaker 1: That's what they do on this show, you guys. They mess with our brains and minds. They make us love them and hate him and love them and hate him though.
Speaker 3: That's a mess.
Speaker 1: My emotions are up and down.
Speaker 3: Anyway. Yeah, the record company thing is like we had to do it because that's why he can't take her to the mall or whatever. It's like, okay, we get it.
Speaker 1: We go back to the Walsh house, which Brandon is vacuuming. He's like the dad of the house.
Speaker 3: Now vacuum.
Speaker 1: If the nuts out, you call for Brandon.
Speaker 3: He needs a vacuiumestic no dice in back then that vacuum was from nineteen seventy three with a big bag.
Speaker 1: And he's just and I love that he's vacuuming. He does need some suspenders and he'll just be full on Jim Jim Walsh.
Speaker 2: Hm.
Speaker 3: I like when we get to the computer too. I mean, there were some props in this that I'm like, oh my because it looks so old totally.
Speaker 1: What about Steve's muscles in his tank top? Did they get bigger? Since well they're massive.
Speaker 2: He only brought tank tops to the wallsh house for his move in.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh man, and why is the Walsh kitchen yellow?
Speaker 2: Now? Did you?
Speaker 1: Did anybody else think.
Speaker 3: That it was just paint of the walls yellow?
Speaker 2: But I thought I was like, that is the grossest color, and then I thought it must have been that before it was not.
Speaker 1: I no remember had like it was like aged like I was like it was so much better before.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it's disgusting.
Speaker 3: House looks a little sort of whack. I don't know it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then, but I guess it's because they're young and they don't know what it's just a little whack. They moved it on into a weird places.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What about when Steve says gets them in their g spot?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I know he had a little bit of like lingo.
Speaker 1: And like I was like it so groedy.
Speaker 3: I did have a moment or like who wrote this? Because it came to the next thing was.
Speaker 1: A little weird, which is so bizarre, Dina Cargo.
Speaker 3: When do we see that hairsel horse?
Speaker 1: It's in the living room. I wanted somebody to get on it. Somebody needs to just get on that thing in.
Speaker 3: The middle of the room. Was it they get that hor.
Speaker 1: No, that's that's never That wasn't in Jim and Cindy's house.
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 2: That went on to be like a big thing. Everyone talks about it like it's a big fandom thing, right, that horse, that horse, because somebody has it, but.
Speaker 1: It's an arian's attic or something.
Speaker 3: I think I had a friend growing up that had a thing like that in their house and it was creepy. Like sorry, those of you that have that, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think anyone has that presence.
Speaker 3: Oh people do what people will tell us send us photos, because people do. I definitely know people that had those and figged me out.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I would have. I would have one of those if I could. You do not it's a horse on a pole from a carousel. It's like they don't make carousels. I mean that's a special item. That's a specialty item.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, I'll go on the hunt on eBay and find one for you.
Speaker 1: I want to be like super vintage e though maybe like the og ones that were just would remember those, Oh yeah, those would be cool splintery okay anyway, sorry, oh Sheila, Sheila, Sheila, yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, I really keep in that storyline going.
Speaker 2: They are.
Speaker 1: It's sad because I feel bad for David totally.
Speaker 2: He looks cute in this episode.
Speaker 3: First of all, he's too young to be responsible for her.
Speaker 1: But that's what happens. What would my friend Adele call this parentified? He's a parent If he's got he's parentified, which means I don't know what it means, but he's gonna have issues later in life. Yeah, big time relationship and issues that are coming from this relationship that he's having with his mom because she has no one but him and that's just not the right damn dynamic for you.
Speaker 3: Toy like that, which I can't wait to talk about Valerie and David in a scene. But we'll get to that too, because that just felt like two of them. But whatever we'll get we'll get to that. Okay.
Speaker 1: So peach bit where our girls are there talking about the Tournament of Roses and that's where we just we hear that they're all going to try out and Kelly. Kelly complains that Colin won't be able to go because he's a workaholic, dropping that in mm hmmm. He seems sort of manic when you when we see him painting, he goes to like this weird manic place. Uh.
Speaker 2: Not my favorite because that's because there's stuff coming that makes it.
Speaker 1: I'm ready for it.
Speaker 3: He's good at it.
Speaker 1: He's good at playing this like dodgy kind of but then but then he'll settle and then there's something really like a likable about him. So I'm still not sure about Colin yet. Maybe never he's not good.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: But anyway, val so sweet. She tells Kelly that she'll talk to him and she'll make it, make it, make it so that he can leave Rock. But then she goes in and she tells Colin that she has no plans for the weekend, and then she beaut.
Speaker 3: To help him.
Speaker 1: Okay, then yeah, Then he teaches her how to put tape up. I was like, really, he's gonna break that down.
Speaker 3: It's a mess. She's a mess.
Speaker 2: I don't like seeing them together. That bothers me for some reason.
Speaker 3: How about her with your man? Uh?
Speaker 2: Very upset about it? Which was which man? So I can't be upset?
Speaker 3: But David Silver like it, like hits me to.
Speaker 2: The core the way he looks at her. I don't know why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you guys like the way Steve and Claire's hair messes? Yeah, he's got like a full on blow up so high, so high? What's the saying? Hire the hair closer to God? That's the one he is right up in there. Oh and and and and Claire's hair is is a lot very wind sweat, good wording, right when swept?
Speaker 2: You know that designer? We can't think of that we wore so much. Every single character literally wears that designer in this episode. Figure out who in the dress it was.
Speaker 1: Everything was in that same fabric, correct which was different colors, or it had pattern. It was like that creepy polyester.
Speaker 3: Who was it?
Speaker 1: I really thought that you would remember torn and come back and tell us.
Speaker 2: I've been trying for a week, like I was trying to daunting that I can't find it. I'm telling you it has some mark in it, and there's three words, but it's like all they wear. It's crazy that they have some like trade out that became like the designer and the Jacobs or we just all loved it so much.
Speaker 1: I think we all just loved it so much and it was what everybody was wearing.
Speaker 3: Wait, so how are you guys feeling about Steve and Claire at the beginning.
Speaker 2: I'm not there yet.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's very forced.
Speaker 3: They cuddles and tender heart or something cuddles and tender heart. Yeah, it does feel forced. That's a good call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: We'll see.
Speaker 2: I feel like I ended up liking them together, so I guess I just don't believe it yet.
Speaker 1: I don't believe it at all, not one one bit. Do you remember because you were very close with Kathleen. Did was she into that storyline of her and Ian or Claire her character and Iron's character?
Speaker 2: Trying to remember looking up, I.
Speaker 1: Don't remember either, Like I'm trying to remember Ian's perspective too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I feel like they liked acting wise, working together, like the comedy they did together.
Speaker 1: And mm hmmm, yeah they had a good banter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, they seem like they would be a good couple.
Speaker 2: Not really like if we weren't on a TV show where everyone's like Grammar's and glossy, Like, would Claire Arnold and Steve Sanders ever really get together?
Speaker 1: She's a genius and he's a duher.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, and she's alternative. I feel like he's not her type.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Like she's cold, real and it like makes like out of the box choices and he's very like into those big sneakers and long shorts like it.
Speaker 3: Just I don't know. Opposites a track for some reason, they seem kind of logical to me.
Speaker 1: But I'm let's find out. I guess we're gonna find out.
Speaker 3: Wait.
Speaker 1: Bruno follows Oh wait, do you want to go to the nail salon with your mommy?
Speaker 3: Oh? I get her. I do not get her.
Speaker 1: She will get alongside of the bed, joked about the rose queen. So what's her problem? I don't know what's Felice's problem. Why doesn't she encourage her daughter to be a rose princess?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What is it?
Speaker 3: Because that would be her jam Totally, that's why didn't make sense.
Speaker 1: It was like crushing though, the way she spoke to her daughter. Can you ever imagine? I don't know, just just broke my heart for Donna.
Speaker 2: I kind of like it happening though, because it puts it into perspective, like why she tolerates, like the relationship with Ray and yeah, tough one.
Speaker 1: Tough relationships again, parentified. I think we all are.
Speaker 3: Parents are messing up these kids.
Speaker 1: Right, please God? But Bruno follows Tony everywhere, even to the He's like lurking around.
Speaker 3: That's a whole thing.
Speaker 1: He's real close though, like he's at the next table close. I shouldn't he be at the car? Maybe maybe in the hallway, I don't know.
Speaker 3: No, totally chases him on the motorcycle.
Speaker 1: We go to Pasadena again, where we see Valerie showing up for the tournament selection and season and season season Keats, Susan Keats is there bashing the entire thing to Brandon, and that's where we see the Wrigley mansion.
Speaker 3: He's a bit of a negative Nelly. Yeah, she's so negative, and I get it. It's all her like women empowerment. But at the same time, I'm like, oh, she's sort of a wet blanket.
Speaker 1: But feisty at the same time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah like her.
Speaker 1: I'm not matter.
Speaker 2: She's like very Lois Lane.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, nice call. And then we get to what you really want to talk about? The motorcycle.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I not either of them were on the motorcycle, very bad stunt double.
Speaker 1: When she got back on it and drove, I was like, is this happy days? Is this it right here? I felt like we jumped the shark officially when she did the wheelie.
Speaker 3: She's doing the wheelies and it's clearly different hair. It's like not her hair.
Speaker 1: I mean, all for this chick being like rad and like I know how to ride a bike. Good for her, I believe that, but it just was so weird and like she I don't know, like he would let her ride his motorcycle because he thought she had never ridden one. She was like, how do you do it to do? Like he's gonna let her get on his motorcycle off of pch that.
Speaker 2: No, I know, like it's not the responsible thing to do.
Speaker 3: Woh.
Speaker 1: I was nervous.
Speaker 2: But then Bruno's like it would work out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I just like.
Speaker 3: Her jumping on, like it's just like what is happening? It all happened so fast too. I just was like, whoa, this is the next level? Is the kiss before that or after that?
Speaker 1: After? Because that turned him on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was like.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: I like a girl that can ride it.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, that was.
Speaker 3: A good kiss.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The difference between that kiss and Brandon's kiss is so night and day one is sort of so soft and kind of romantic. And then Brandon then Susan.
Speaker 2: I well, Susan got the aggressive kisser in her scene, so you know, she seemed to be just as aggressive.
Speaker 3: I feel like he met her, he met his match.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like those two had a good chemistry, like they off camera looked like they could.
Speaker 2: Have liked each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, after the motorcycle colin studio, Oh his studio or the peach pit after dark?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he's panning there and he tells Kelly he can't go because.
Speaker 2: Always so.
Speaker 3: I think it's cute.
Speaker 1: Kelly makes David go with her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, She's like, I'll go with my brother. Although the dance scene is a tent, we're so excited.
Speaker 1: I've forgotten all that.
Speaker 2: I didn't remember you guys doing that. You're such a good dancer. I got excited when he was like, let's show them.
Speaker 3: He's good too. They were that was great.
Speaker 1: I know we should cut a rug again. I forgot that we can dance.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, your little like movements. It was so good.
Speaker 3: That was really good.
Speaker 2: And you look super sexy with your hair back like your hair. Your hair reminded me of the fore shot we did with you and me and Tiffany and Kathleen. Do you remember. I feel like it was because you had the same outfit on and your hair.
Speaker 1: Like we did a photo shoot in that one, a photo shoot the four of us. But I got to tell you, guys, I was super cringey when Kelly and Colin. When Kelly was baby talking with Colin, I was like, make it stop.
Speaker 3: And she's like, shame whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't remember what you're saying, but all cutesy with him not I don't know.
Speaker 2: I was just staring at your lips and eyebrows. It just all looks so good in mine.
Speaker 1: And then we have another really weird scene between Brandon and Dylan. I know you're a fan of these scenes. Amy, Oh no, look she's over it.
Speaker 2: Nope.
Speaker 1: Where Brandon's like basically is not being a good friend but trying to be a good friend, but kind of being a jerk.
Speaker 3: It's not the vacuuming one. Where was this one? Again? Just refresh my memory.
Speaker 1: Where do I get the house? When Dylan comes over.
Speaker 3: And he's sitting on the couch, This was the vacuuming.
Speaker 1: No, I think he vacuumed in the beginning with Steve.
Speaker 3: Now, for some reason, I remember him vacuuming right up to Dylan. I feel like this was the vacuuming. But literally watching that's where I noticed the prominent carousel horse.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just don't The whole thing is the fuddling. Although I that was better because at least they were sort of friends.
Speaker 1: But it's just like, I don't get it, and that's where Dylan gives him the key to his safety posit box and says, if anything happens to me.
Speaker 3: He's written the letter to the FBI at this point, and he's like, so, what happens to me? And it's just like, so bananas, this twenty one year old kid, it's just bananas.
Speaker 2: It's kind of cool, it's kind of sexy, but.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't believe it. He's twenty one years old and he's going up against the FBI.
Speaker 2: What about men that go up to war at eighteen cru But like, dear FBI, dear dear FBI.
Speaker 3: You're reading this, I'm dead.
Speaker 1: That's what he left in the safe deposit box. I was hoping he would leave some money in there for Brandon so he could get a housekeeper or something.
Speaker 2: And we go to the beach apartment. Now Donna made the cut.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you made the cut, of course you. There's sort of a conversation about mothers you were.
Speaker 1: You're so good for it. In my mind, there was no other girls trying out for it like us, Like there was no Kelly or Claire or val there. Because in my mind, this storyline is all you. It's so perfect for Donna.
Speaker 2: Because you know what happens.
Speaker 1: I don't know what happens. What happens? Do you fall off the float?
Speaker 2: I've explain a lot of things. Nope.
Speaker 1: So Ray says he can't go to the party, and you arpist. Donna is mad, but she should be happy.
Speaker 2: He can't go to the party, right, everything happens.
Speaker 1: But you go with him? Then to his kids?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think has him to the record label guy's kid's birthday.
Speaker 1: He says, I have to headline her birthday party, and they cut to him and it's him like saying.
Speaker 2: That was so I felt bad for him.
Speaker 3: I I feel like I missed the scene of the birthday? Did they show it? CRR?
Speaker 1: Well, he's singing, so I saw it.
Speaker 3: I didn't watch it on DVD.
Speaker 1: I watched it on my little USB sticky.
Speaker 3: So I missed the whole scene.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you're so good in that scene too. Okay, here's what happens. He's on a stool on a little stage, and then you pull back and you see he's playing to a bunch of kids who basically aren't even listening to him. And then you pull back further and you see Donna sitting there with mister Corman, doctor Corman, Roger Corman, and you are not happy. You're like click click click, when's it's going to be over? And then oh, they're playing musical chairs and you have to get up and when the song's over, you have to get up and remove one of the chairs, and you do it with so much attitude.
Speaker 2: Ah, I probably didn't have that scene. That sounds like exact like the Halloween scene, like the worms crawl in basically same as it was the same.
Speaker 1: Then we see Valerie making her moves, making our moves. Oh boy, yeah, that's is that when? No, that's not when they have their confrontation, is it?
Speaker 3: I feel like this is when they decide to go to the ball or whatever.
Speaker 1: Oh, he says, yeah, I have a great idea.
Speaker 3: He's finished his primer pain.
Speaker 1: Is he doing that because he wants to make Kelly happy? And she's doing that because she wants to piss Kelly off?
Speaker 2: So just in arm an arm she's happy to do it to piss Kelly off. Why is he doing that? Though?
Speaker 1: I stupid, He's just stupid.
Speaker 2: It makes no sense.
Speaker 1: And I don't think he knows the history or the like depth of the.
Speaker 3: In the middle of your big dance number too.
Speaker 2: Oh man, No, it's just wrong.
Speaker 1: Really took the wind out of my sails there.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Then they go to the bath room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Valerie tells Kelly that it was all Colin's idea, and yeah, Colin tells Kelly that he finished early and he wanted to surprise her. But before that, Kelly comes over and tells Valerie she's a bitch in front of everyone. I love that. I hated it why because she called her a bitch. I just felt like, I don't know Kelly. I felt like that was unclassy, and Kelly has usually taken the classy road or the high road. She hasn't like go down to other people's levels like that. I felt like she just lowered her in my opinion of her. Like watching her, I was like, she didn't need to do that.
Speaker 2: But wait, at this point, this chick has done this to you twice with Dylan, with Brandon, like it's like and now.
Speaker 3: Definitely like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, totally okay that they have this beef. But I just didn't like that she called her a bitch in front of everyone.
Speaker 3: The whole thing is so befuddling.
Speaker 1: Again, and then Donna gets there, They get Donna and Ray get there from the they come late, and then you walk in the door for one split second and then he's like, wait, I want to have you all to myself, and he takes you out.
Speaker 3: He's all happy about it.
Speaker 1: But she didn't even get to go into the party, not at all.
Speaker 3: Dance outside. It's very bizarre.
Speaker 1: It's like you wanted to look beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's just a confusing scene. I'm just very confused, very confused.
Speaker 1: You know, when Brandon and Susan are at the California and they're at the what's it called condor, Noah, the paper, Condor the paper. They're at the office and he's sitting there and he's like, did you guys believe that he was typing at all? No?
Speaker 2: Bea She's.
Speaker 1: Oh hot and bothered back there. It felt like it came out of nowhere, that all of a sudden they had this attraction for each other. I guess I missed that beat where it changed for.
Speaker 3: Them that we obviously. I felt like it was so captain obvious that that was coming. Yeah, but then then we'd get.
Speaker 2: The big PI.
Speaker 1: But it was so you knew at the beginning of that scene. What was going to happen at the end of that scene.
Speaker 3: Although I wasn't mad about it, I actually kind of liked it.
Speaker 1: I could tell because the beginning of the scene on her close up, her lipstick was already all messed up from making.
Speaker 2: Out with him.
Speaker 1: So that was clearly like take two. Can I always tell her jaw was popped out?
Speaker 2: You know, all of it.
Speaker 1: So that's the big kiss scene that you you really liked?
Speaker 3: I was like, okay, it was very they were a match because it was aggressive on both sides.
Speaker 1: She was hungry.
Speaker 3: Whoa.
Speaker 2: She was like, like, but.
Speaker 3: They look cute together.
Speaker 2: They do.
Speaker 3: They're fine, They're fine.
Speaker 2: Fine for now, she's here a whole season, so you better get used to her.
Speaker 3: Thirty episodes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a lot, okay, And then Cuddles and Tender Heart.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's a good episode, but it's kind of feels like it's not now that we're talking about it.
Speaker 2: It's choppy, there's good moments, but it's.
Speaker 3: Just so over yet. I kind of enjoyed it when I was watching it, but talking about it, I'm like, that's kind of yeah, it's and it goes to that, is there anyway yeah, cuddles here. That's having a good laugh right over there, Steve, O.
Speaker 1: There she is. She looks hot sitting over there waiting for her man changed blue, sort of sequenty thing on. But are they both disappointed.
Speaker 3: Or I think so? Yeah, I think they're disciplinely happy. They're way more disappointed than shocked. I feel like they should have been more shocked. But I mean, it's like the Pina Kalada song. Do you guys know that song?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sing it?
Speaker 3: Sing it?
Speaker 1: Oh? Can you you like?
Speaker 3: It's like that's the same exact plot, like I'm sick of my wife. I'm sick of my husband. We should meet and then it's each other? Did you say getting lovely lady? Do you guys remember? See you like.
Speaker 1: Getting caught in the same plot.
Speaker 3: They're like writing to each other.
Speaker 2: I never knew what that song was about.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, It's like it was in the old days when you'd write it in the newspaper or something. It was good lady, oh boy, it's you, she says or whatever. And then they're just totally fine with it.
Speaker 1: They're like, I just thought that was about Pina Coladas.
Speaker 2: Same And I'm not a huge fan, so it wasn't a huge fan.
Speaker 3: Give a realisten, Give that a realisten. I think they got this from that.
Speaker 1: I okay, So the end of this episode's a really good David goes to check on his mom. He's driving Valerie home.
Speaker 2: But why why did that happen?
Speaker 1: She came with Colin right, so she didn't have a ride home and they didn't have uber then and Brandon.
Speaker 3: And Susan had to go write at the paper and make out. So off they go in the Defender, which I was like, this just feels like Brian Austin Green and Tiffany Theeson, which was fine. I enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: He stops and he sees, you know, ambulge and ambulance, all the things happening out front of his mom's apartment building, and he sees her mom, his mom being brought out let a stretcher, and then he jumps and they say, we've got an attempted suicide on our hands here people awful, And he's really good in that seeing you very believable, like you're like, he looks so shocked and torn and he doesn't us to do Yeah, distraught, really good.
Speaker 3: And then I kind of zoom in on her.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just felt like the way they were looking at each other and that scene didn't represent the character's friendship depth at that point.
Speaker 1: They do the characters have a friend or.
Speaker 3: Isn't this where they start to like each other? Did I make that obviously?
Speaker 1: Yeah, these two characters get together, I think so. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think because of.
Speaker 1: The shared the shared trauma of at all, because this is clearly bringing.
Speaker 2: Up for val her dad and I tried to think that way because I'm like, why is she so intently staring at him? I was like, Okay, her dad, I get it. I'm putting it together. But the way he's looking at her, I was just like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: You're right.
Speaker 2: It was Brian and Tiffany.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's how I felt.
Speaker 2: Eating in the car.
Speaker 3: I was like, this isn't the characters. This is just two people that are dating.
Speaker 2: In a car and wait, you guys, I wonder do you think that Brian at this point was like can you put us together? Or she was like can you put us together? Because it was causing some tension between.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'd feel like it's a little late. True, he probably should have they should have come in with that.
Speaker 3: It's the only one left.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're right.
Speaker 1: If I was him, I'd be like, no, I'm good. I don't need to be with vlle.
Speaker 3: I just.
Speaker 1: Systematically if we broke it down. She has been with every guy right or tried to be.
Speaker 2: Yes, I kind of has been, and I still there's something between her and Jim Walsh, so him too. What about Nat? I'm just thinking about that.
Speaker 1: Do you think that she thought about that while she while she was filming this or well, you know.
Speaker 2: Thought about if she would hook up with Nat?
Speaker 1: No? Yeah, if she wasn't thinking about that.
Speaker 3: But I feel like they thought about it. But I don't know did anybody like.
Speaker 1: Step back and say, whoa, this is what we're doing with this character intentionally?
Speaker 3: Probably there's no one left for her other than David.
Speaker 1: Would you have wanted to play that character? Like? Would you have been like down to be like with every single guy, every male character on the show.
Speaker 2: No, it's a bit much.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think if like, yeah, sure that the acting of it all seems fun. The trouble making aspect, like she's going to come in and make trouble. That sounds like fun to play m hm.
Speaker 2: But in one season. Basically, we've barely started her second season. She's been through every single male on the cast.
Speaker 3: I don't know, just weird.
Speaker 1: It's weird that they would do that to one of their main characters. I get that she's there to be like the bad girl, but so quickly. Yeah, it's a lot mucht.
Speaker 3: Much, But that's it. That's the end of the episod.
Speaker 1: So where we see you feel about this?
Speaker 3: When I watched it, I felt like good about it. I watched if. It was like a nine for me talking about it, it's not quite as riveting as it was when I'm watching it, but I'm gonna go with nine. I'm gonna go with nine.
Speaker 1: Pretty high, pretty high. What do you got? What do you got?
Speaker 2: I think I'm gonna go with six and a half.
Speaker 3: Whoa, I'm sorry, whoa, wow, Wow, wowst.
Speaker 1: You brought it up to the half. Sorry wow, I'd say I'd say eight. Okay, it's more reasonable because we're seeing a lot of relationships starting to form. Yeah, it was just a lot of kissing, a lot of like matchup umpy around. Yeah, it was trying to get all the different characters to be in their new storyline so that they could propel into the next arc, right.
Speaker 2: So it was one of those episodes that was literally it's kind of like when you come into a new season and they're trying to tell you what's going to happen, except we're on episode what four? Now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I wasn't into it. Sorry, And sometimes when I zone down and I'm not into it, at least, my fallback is always the fashion, and this one I felt like, while we loved that designer, everyone had just very similar thing on. There was no.
Speaker 1: Flat and basic. Everything was very flat. But your white dress is beautiful when you're dancing with Ray.
Speaker 2: Actually we had to find this designer's name. God's dress.
Speaker 1: You have matching white shoes with it? Did you notice? I did not notice that I saw them. They have a really clear shot of them in the scene that you didn't get to see, and I was like, I don't know about the shoe because they were like white and clunky with that pretty thin little that was in Then, Yeah, that's what that's next week's next week. Next week, we got what do we got?
Speaker 2: Season six, Episode five? Leap, Oh, who's sleeping?
Speaker 1: Any but any any one of these lovers could be leaping, so many, so many lovers, lovers leap.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's when we're gonna have to leap for Valerie and David. But then.
Speaker 3: Even Claire.
Speaker 2: So wait is Colin and Valerie? Nothing's going to happen. That's it for them, We're done there probably no.
Speaker 3: We're going to get that other woman soon.
Speaker 1: Claudia from New York yep, yepers is she hot?
Speaker 3: I can't remember?
Speaker 1: So basically this episode was just about relationships for me.
Speaker 2: Filler.
Speaker 1: There was no storyline except the rose, the whole weird.
Speaker 3: I really liked it when I was watching it now, sorry.
Speaker 2: It was filler, so if we would liking it to flowers, the rose cord, it was baby's.
Speaker 1: Breath, Carnations.
Speaker 3: Dance scene. That dance scene really brought it up for me.
Speaker 1: Yea things up a little.
Speaker 3: That really was I was dancing with the stars.
Speaker 2: But you guys, you had a choreographer. Louis probably taught you guys to do that, correct.
Speaker 3: It was great.
Speaker 2: One of our sand ins was a professional dancer. His whole life, was it, Louis van Amstell.
Speaker 1: It's not that different, Louis.
Speaker 2: I was differently Oh oh sorry, sorry, sorry.
Speaker 1: That though very similar.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Anyway, well that's it for this week. You guys, thank you so much. We love you, and please make sure to tell us your opinions because we.
Speaker 2: Love to hear them. And if you have that Dan.
Speaker 3: Gosh, send us that designer. Yeah, send us photos of the horse in your living room and that designer.
Speaker 2: Thank you, I love you.
Speaker 3: Bye, guys,