Speaker 1: Let's, you know, pray on this, Margarita, He's not going to be born today. Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. The thing is well, our producer, Ryan is so angry with us as we welcome everybody back.
Speaker 2: Brian's stay on for two seconds.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Calm Down Podcast broadcast, and welcome to the pregame show. Ryan, what did you say when we were not reporting?
Speaker 2: I said, I can't believe this could have been our best episode we've ever had.
Speaker 1: The ship we were dropping offline was insane.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm gonna make the listeners feel better because all of it is going to be talked about at some point. It just needs to be appropriate when it is. That's my because I don't want people to feel left out. They're like, why are we listening to stupid podcast? Then if you don't even talk about the good stuff, Oh don't worry.
Speaker 1: Part of this good stuff is going to be happening all year long.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and I'm all for it. Baron's drinking tea. There's the tea. Welcome everybody. Ryan is back from his vacation and thrilled to be back in the saddle with us. I'm in it looks like I'm the poor longhorn that died on the ranch. Is the horn in my head? From this little viewer whatever viewing, it looks like it's going through your head. That's what I'm saying, going through my heart right now. I have a lot of heartbreak. Okay, that's dramatic. I know my poor puppy is sick. Okay, are we ready pregame? Here we go our favorite anonymous And by the way, I want to know which one of our coworkers submitted this, because the question is co workers that never shut up about themselves and aren't that interesting?
Speaker 1: How is there any way to trace this to Richard Zion's, Rich Gross, Rich Russo, Casey, Garland Woodson, Michaelvick?
Speaker 2: Who who else submitted this question about us? Julian Edelman? Is that you? Okay?
Speaker 3: I don't know coworkers that never shut upbout themselves and aren't that interesting?
Speaker 2: How are we dealing? Is the question? Comment and concern.
Speaker 3: I have a lot of thoughts on this, and I can't say Okay, Well, then while you get your thoughts together, I will say this, Why don't we redirect the questions off of the individual and about things that you guys can both talk about.
Speaker 2: I don't know, like if.
Speaker 3: Your cubicle mate, like, why are you having to listen to this coworker all the time? Are you in close proximity in your offices or your cubicle so.
Speaker 2: You're traveling from LA I'm sorry, are you in the car with this individual? Are you a comedy from my crew?
Speaker 3: So just redirect the questions and start asking them other questions about other things, maybe what's going on in the world, maybe their favorite concert or music, something to like, well that would get back to them, but like just read, direct the questions off of them and maybe something you guys can both talk about.
Speaker 2: That's my suggestion.
Speaker 1: My coworker Kevin Burkhardt, who may or may not have submitted this about me, No, he is so good about that, and I really appreciate it will be you know, It's like, and I was actually thinking about this today. I miss these guys a lot, Like I've already started thinking about him and we're going to a dinner this week, just a couple of us.
Speaker 2: But I miss everybody. There's football news out there.
Speaker 1: Boys are talking, as Jarrett likes to say about the NHL boys are talking, boys are talking, and I was thinking, I'm excited to see them. So when I get to site again, this is probably one of my coworkers saying this.
Speaker 2: I'm like.
Speaker 1: This and I've had seventeen coffees and I'm ready for the production meeting. And Kevin is so good about asking whether it's our security or you know, someone that maybe doesn't get to talk a lot in the group because their name is an Aaron.
Speaker 2: Hey, so Elvis, what's going on with you? Clinton? How is your wife? And I'm like, so sweet?
Speaker 1: You goddamn right. Kevin Burkhart like, yeah, how is your wife? Like yeah, he's so good about it.
Speaker 2: That's such. I really like that.
Speaker 3: Well, that's that's Kevin Burkhart is single handedly the kindest person on the planet. But that is that story illustrates what you're talking about, Like he is so nice and so in this situation. Instead of being annoyed with this coworker, let's turn that frown upside down and switch it up.
Speaker 1: I like you guys, I'd like to have on before the football season. Ryan write it down. Al Michaels and Kevin Burke Yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, al Michaels get going. I have questions.
Speaker 3: I just did an interview yesterday with Pookinakua and which we can get into in the in the Big Show for NFL films.
Speaker 2: Speaking of nice people.
Speaker 3: Oh my, the vast gosh, Like I know that he always has a smile on his face, like he's always in a good mood. Anyone that doesn't know who Pookina is, the wide receiver for the Los Angeles Rams had an unbelievable rookie season single season records and catches and yards and all sorts of stuff. Comes from a big family. All of his brothers actually got D one scholarships. He lost his father at a young age and he just has this incredible outlook on life because of that. And then he also lost his grandmother who he was very close with, who I found out his real name is not Pooka. I'm gonna butcher it, so I don't want to say it. Oh yeah, it's mackay or McKay. Part of the reason why he goes by his nickname Pooka, which his grandmother gave him, which means chubby, is because people butchered his first name, his first name. But anyways, I go on this rant to just say how kind he is. And it's so refreshing and the league is in really good hands when you sit down and you have the Kevin Burkharts of the world in the booth, and also the pukaku is on the field. I speaking of not knowing how to pronounce the next one, you want to take it him?
Speaker 1: Oh fenya uh so man. I started having my seven year old dust when we clean the house. I'm getting mom judgment thought by who, I think that's amazing. That's called responsibility. I told Max Dole to make me a cup of coffee this morning.
Speaker 2: He's not even one year. It did.
Speaker 3: I don't see any problem with this. In fact, my mother, who had three jobs growing up. One of those jobs was a house cleaner. We would go and clean houses on the weekend and I would go with her and I'd carry the Electroluxe vacuum up this big hill of this fancy house, and I remember she would say, I'll give you five dollars if you dust, but if you break anything, then you're going to lose money. And so I was so meticulous about dusting and doing all these different things to help her, and it was so important. I didn't even know how important it was at the time for me to go with her to see her do again her third job, but also see that my mom was being employed by this rich, fancy family. And now if we're lucky enough in life to have people help us do things around our house, they always think about that was my mother at one point, or that was you know that I know that's had one of these jobs.
Speaker 2: And so just try to remind myself.
Speaker 3: Of that and not just look at them as employees, but look at them as like part of the family. Because my mom they were mean to her and they like dismissive of her. And I remember, even at a young age, being like, oh, we're the workers, and like they wouldn't even talk to us. That rich family in Redmond, Washington. You rude people.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I just that stuck with me.
Speaker 3: So I would say, keep having your daughter or son whoever you're having help, keep doing it, because you don't even understand like the lessons that you might be teaching them.
Speaker 2: And these people with their thoughts about that, you didn't ask why do we feel we need to give our thoughts? Knock it off?
Speaker 3: Oh this is you Katie one one eight. Should I go on my honeymoon right after my wedding or mini moon then honeymoon later.
Speaker 2: Well, I took myself on.
Speaker 3: My own honeymoon because neither of my exes we went on a honeymoon, so I ended up doing my honeymoon with Steve actually, who I'm not married to, because I always wanted to go on an Italian honeymoon vacation and no one would ever take me at it.
Speaker 2: So I finally went on one with Steve and it was wonderful. So I would say go later, go later.
Speaker 3: Because you have so much, so much is going on, so much like excitement post wedding, and you just did all this planning, depending obviously on how involved we were. Also, I mean my ones weren't expensive, but I imagine a lot of people spend a lot of money on weddings as well. And if you're lucky enough to have someone else pay for it, or your father or however that works in your family, that's great. But I would say give it a beat and then have something else to look forward to, because there's this big build up to a wedding.
Speaker 2: What do you think you've had a read album?
Speaker 1: We we took ours like a month after I think just because we only have like the three months of time, you know, with hockey and football season. So we got married right before fourth July at Yellowstone Club. Then we came back and then we were like, let's go back, Like what are we doing?
Speaker 2: Let's go back to Yellowstone. So we went back. There was no We went to Greece.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought it was yeah in Italy. Yeah, so yeah, did you we just went in August and you went on a baby moon too, right. Didn't you guys go before Mac was born?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean we went like literally for a couple of days to Mexico because we went before we our surrogate had the baby. But everybody's like, you're going, now what if she has the baby? So we were like, okay, we could get a plane if we needed to get back to California. Like, let's, you know, prey on this margarita. He's not going to be born today.
Speaker 2: He wasn't.
Speaker 3: Thankfully you, if you could do anything for your future parents, please just stay in there a little bit longer.
Speaker 2: Because the salt on this rim is fantastic. My man did. He was induced and he was well cooked. It's cutie, PI take it.
Speaker 3: Aaron sent me this picture the other day of Mac, which I ask at nauseum four pictures, and she goes play it live, so obviously, you know, like when you take a picture, you can do the live version. The picture is Mac just is cute little head, but when you play it live, it's like he's popping out around the corner. It's my Absolutely, he's so frickin cute. He's almost one years old. But you know, I can't think he's already going to be one years old. You better come to his party. I've canceled all my plans that I have with his only friend.
Speaker 2: You see clip Pete. I'm so sorry if that's wrong, clip Pete. Yeah, must have do on a beat. Hope favorite t Swift era.
Speaker 3: I think we answered that, but if we didn't, nineteen eighty nine is my favorite one.
Speaker 2: But I'm also.
Speaker 3: Really excited to see her perform her news stuff Tortured Post Department because yeah, I'm really in a moment right now where.
Speaker 1: All I'm playing obviously is her. But I feel like that's how I've been for like the last whatever how long. Yeah, And I'm really into but Daddy. I love him.
Speaker 2: I mean any emotional Okay, screaming out the top of my butt. Okay, does she have a set? Like? We need to make sure we know I got it? Oh? My sent it.
Speaker 1: But there's always the surprise songs, which I'm nervous about because, as you know, traveling with me, I don't like surprises. So I don't like that there's two surprise songs because I'm really nervous.
Speaker 2: Ciscal does not.
Speaker 3: If I ever are at a surprise party, we would not be friends.
Speaker 2: They would never Actually I don't like surprise parties either.
Speaker 1: But what do we got here? Brandy eight eight seven seven seven? How soon after divorce would you recommend dating? I'm gonna just go and turn up my air to answer this one.
Speaker 2: She's such a fastifle convenience. I'm heaving his baby, but I'm not. Oh you should see. Oh pass I hate her. Oh I hate this girl. Okay.
Speaker 3: The answer to how soon after dating after a divorce would you start dating, I'd say, do not put a time on any of it, because you never know a big fear of mine and getting divorced.
Speaker 2: And probably why I honestly didn't do it sooner.
Speaker 3: Is because I was like, oh my god, I've got to go out there and do it again, and I have to date again, kidding me, And I was so nervous about. Yes, there was a shame in getting divorced again, but it was compounded with this idea of this is the I'm not I've never been on a dating app. I don't know this world. I don't want to do this. And then I got lucky enough, obviously to meet Steve in a very organic way through you know, not even they didn't even set us up. It was just more of like, this is our friend and he's great, and hang out with him and you'll love him.
Speaker 2: But like, I.
Speaker 3: Am very fearful of putting time lines on anything in life, because you've got to go with your instinct. If it feels right, you should do it, and don't be afraid. Like there's a great song. Carly Pierce wrote this album that like got me through my divorce and it was called thirty I'm gonna mess it up, but it got me through. Hold On and talk amongst Yourself. There was this song and it was like, after date one, it gets easier, and after date two it gets even easier, and on and on and on, hold on, hold on. Those of you cut called twenty nine and the song was day One. Anyone that's going through a divorce, listen to this song called day one by Carly Pearce, and it's like, it is so hard on day one, but then it gets easier and easier and easier, and it will get you through and get back out there girl or guy.
Speaker 1: So basically, to summarize what you just said, I it sounds like what you're saying is you have to go by each scenario, right. You can't just go into it saying I'm never going to date again, I'm never going to get married again.
Speaker 2: I should just see where I am and go for that, all right, follow your instincts.
Speaker 3: Don't put any kind of time limits on anything because you don't know. And by the way, what works for someone doesn't work for someone else. But I would say, get back out there if the individual feels right.
Speaker 2: Bluss you.
Speaker 1: What I would say is you've handled it great. But I don't think that past things should shape future.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is Aaron.
Speaker 3: This is Aaron trying to like not just like she's trying to think she's discreet in this. She's being very like overt about her messaging to me right now because I'm going through something, so fine, let's just talk about it on the podcast, shall.
Speaker 2: We on the Big Show? Right the show.
Speaker 3: I'd love everyone's opinion and that can help me through the situation I'm in in my life.
Speaker 2: So there's a tease. We'll see you on the Big Show. Join us on. There's one more question.
Speaker 1: Oh we do not on my form? Go for it ql Ale runs. My teenagers want to plan this summer trip, but time is ticking. Do I take the reins? Yes, because before you know it, summer will be over. Summer's already over for us.
Speaker 2: It's over. It's over, keep been over. Yeah, it's our pre game's over. We'll join you on the Big Show. Thank you for joining us.
Speaker 1: Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: For more podcasts from
Speaker 3: iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.