Speaker 1: Thank you so much for joining us over here on our Park Copper episode. We are very excited to talk to this person today because this was, I said, one of my favorite ones we've seen so far. I thought the music was the best, the dancing was incredible. Yes that's me saying that. Ooh ooh.
Speaker 2: But man, this guy, oh, he was so mean. I didn't like, oh, Bucky, So if you could help us.
Speaker 1: Welcome from Zombies, Trevor Torchman.
Speaker 2: Ah, how are you?
Speaker 3: How are you? Guys? Nice to see you.
Speaker 2: We are so happy to be talking to you. You have no idea. We're very excited about this.
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm equally as excited to meet you and talk to both of you. What's going on?
Speaker 1: Nothing much, we said, we're gonna do our best to just not the entire time being like, you're so great.
Speaker 2: We love this. We loved everything about it. It was just so fun.
Speaker 3: That's too fun. Thank you.
Speaker 1: First of all, I am not a fan of musicals or dancing. Okay, so welcome and then and this is welcome.
Speaker 3: Right, perfect place for me there.
Speaker 1: But then I watched something like Zombies and I said to Sabrina, I'm like, I love this movie.
Speaker 2: I was I think the highest rated.
Speaker 1: One we've done so far, for especially for me, for when it comes to singing and dancing. And I'm starting to get more into musicals because Sabrina is making me. She's like, you've got to see it for what it is. And so by the time we got to this, the music was catchy, the the dancing was incredible. I just wanted to get that out there. That are changing my mind. You're changing my mind much incredible.
Speaker 4: I'm so happy that we could be the ones to give you the bug, you know, musicals moving forward.
Speaker 3: That's that's incredible.
Speaker 5: Huge thank you from me, Trevor, because keep in mine.
Speaker 6: He's watched Descendants, he's watched The Cheetah Girls, he's watched High School Musical.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow movie.
Speaker 5: Yes, we've already seen a lot of the bangers.
Speaker 2: This is my favorite one.
Speaker 3: Those big titles is his favorite.
Speaker 2: So this is my favorite one.
Speaker 4: Wow will that means a big one.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: It's not only that this is no joke.
Speaker 1: It's so popular that when I told my pod Meets World co hosts Danielle and Ryder that we were doing zombies, both of them at the same time went.
Speaker 2: I'm doing Zombies. I'm doing zombies with.
Speaker 1: You, and so Rider yelled at he did so Rider yelled at first. He watched it with us for our magical rewind and Danielle's doing zombies too, so they both called zombies.
Speaker 2: It's their favorite series so far.
Speaker 3: That's incredible and we loved it.
Speaker 1: So I've been talking too much, curiously, let's get into how did you hear about zombies?
Speaker 2: Was this just a regular audition that came across the pipe?
Speaker 4: Walk us through that, dude, a totally random audition that kind of just came down the pipeline. I'm a Canadian actor, so I was actually in Toronto.
Speaker 3: But what's funny is the movie shot in Toronto.
Speaker 4: I got it in la and then went back to Toronto, which was incredible for me. So when I showed up to the job, I didn't even know that it was going to be like this. I was coming off tour from Australia, so I was like kind of out of it, like completely jetlag. And I happened to know every dancer on the set because I grew up dancing with all them and they're all from Toronto, and it was such a special job for me. It was like I was surrounded by friends and family and loved ones the whole time. And so that mixed with just how special the script was and how cool the cast is and the crew. It was such a special job for me. What's funny to sorry to actually answer your question. The audition it just said untitled Zombies Musical, and I was like, what is this? And then you guys know how much of a trip Bucky is? Right, So reading Bucky's lines, I'm like, what does he even say? I was digesting the lines. I was like cajun or shaking bait. I was like, I just need to make a joke out of this.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: And I remember I was wearing my bathing shuit and my now wife was taping with me. She's like, are you going to change out of your bathing suit? I was like, no, run it, let's do it. Just did this whole thing, and then the director was like that's perfect, Like whatever you did. But it was one of those tapes where I was like, am I really going to send this? I'm really messing around quite a bit, but I was like, screw it. This is this is what's this is the fun of it, right, Like I think at one point I was like walking into the wall and the tape stuff and like it was just crazy.
Speaker 3: But it ended up working out right because Bucky's such.
Speaker 4: A ham and I was being a ham in the tape, so they kind of lined up.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: Tell me, one of my favorite things I've ever seen in film, and this is not hyperbole, is jumping through your own picture in slow motion, yeah, and making the picture you just jump through, but in front of the other one that's.
Speaker 5: The same, and then and then behind it is yet another picture.
Speaker 3: I another one. It's incredible, really ill.
Speaker 4: Never forget up to set that day and being like what's going on? Like, and the stunt guy was there, He's like, I'm gonna jump through this. I was like, dude, I love you, but I gotta do this time. Like I'm like I have to be the one jumping through it, like you need the face Like it was so funny.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, wait, I have to pause quick and ask what were you on tour in Australia for What were you doing?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: I was on this show called The Next Step, but the Canadian series is a dance show, okay, And we toured England and Europe and Australia and New Zealand and Canada a bunch of Is it like.
Speaker 5: A dance competition show?
Speaker 4: No, it's it's like a it's kind of like a faux reality kids drama show, but in a dance studio.
Speaker 5: Wow, okay, I take it.
Speaker 1: Is it true in Australia you have to dance in the opposite direction?
Speaker 3: Yep, all your player, what's go that way?
Speaker 2: I thought, I love.
Speaker 4: Just the toilet bowl, just the toilet.
Speaker 6: Well, going back to that that picture moment, that definitely, I mean one of the things that was so amazing. You clearly tumble at least if not major. Are you a gymnast or you a tumbler.
Speaker 4: I'm a dancer, so I have a dancer that dancing, yeah, and tumbles like I was a break dancer and I did a bit of acro dance and stuff. I mean I don't technic, Like, I don't have good technique with my tumbling. So when gymnasts watched me, they're like, but you know, I get it done.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I love how you do when you do your round off bactuck, you do like.
Speaker 5: A stall before you actually flip it.
Speaker 6: That looked to me that this by far for me, was the best choreography. Yeah, for all of the style, the breakdancing like influence and hip hop influence within this choreography was hands down to me, definitely the best of that the channel has ever put out.
Speaker 5: I loved it so much.
Speaker 6: But I love that because even though you were on the cheerleading side of it, you're tumbling though. That stalled me. Looked like how a breakdancer does their macro flip so much exactly. Yeah, a gymnast goes right into it, a cheerleader goes right into it.
Speaker 5: A breaker stalls it.
Speaker 6: Makes you think they're gonna fall, and then flips at the end.
Speaker 5: That was my favorite part of your talk. I loved that. That was so fun.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: And I love that you did it. You could tell one hundred that was you, no stunts, that was love.
Speaker 4: I love that you recognize that. That's incredible. Thank you so much. I mean shout out Chris Scott. He choreographed Zombies one. He's an incredible choreographer, worked on things like Step Up and and I totally agree, like the hip hop that's in Zombies is so cool to see, Like if I was growing up and saw Zombies I would be a huge fan of it, like as I'm biased as possible because I was a young breaker hip hop dancer and to see what was going on in that film, like it was so exciting just to get to be a part of. And yeah, you know, I had to focus a lot on cheerleading and like cinemas l which I'm not used to, and like, Christy run anything you're doing great, looks a bit too cool, like cheerleader it up. I was like, yeah, we find that. You know that pocket, that cheerleader pocket.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: She was like you can't.
Speaker 4: You can't be popping along and like there's one scene in the last number where he let me kind of just like he's like just pop it out a bit for you, you know, yeah, which is super nice of but uh, that's funny that you recognize that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I love when Jim see my flips are cheerleaders. Like the cheerleaders on set were like, oh, you're doing that different.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so funny.
Speaker 3: I was learning it.
Speaker 4: In my backyard on my trampoline, just like learning how to flips. Like that looks cool?
Speaker 3: Do that?
Speaker 5: I love it? I love it.
Speaker 6: Okay, So we talked to Kylie Russell about it, and she told us they didn't audition her to dance at all.
Speaker 5: She said she danced a tiny bit maybe in.
Speaker 6: Like the first video she sent in, but really not like they based.
Speaker 5: She's like, they picked me, and and when.
Speaker 6: I realized how much dancing I was gonna do, she was like, you guys didn't even know if I.
Speaker 1: Could dances, Like this could be a this could go horribly for you right now because you didn't even check to.
Speaker 2: See if I could dance.
Speaker 3: Oh that's so funny. That's so funny.
Speaker 6: So was there any dance portion there had to have been considered? Your character was the head.
Speaker 3: Cheerly, there was a big dance portion for me?
Speaker 5: Okay, what was that?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I remember the whole morning of the last callback for me was a dance portion.
Speaker 3: So Chris taught us a whole piece of choreography.
Speaker 4: There was a bunch of us still, probably like three or four people for each role, and then we had to dance them in groups. And then I remember, specifically for Bucky, we all kind of had to freestyle a bit, and I was just flipping my butt off.
Speaker 3: I was like spinning and flipping and break dancing the most I could.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I remember Judy Taylor, who was the head of casting for a long time at Disney Channel after was like that.
Speaker 3: Audition was crazy. I was so impressed but also so scared at the same time, you know, because all.
Speaker 4: Of us were just flipping because we knew Bucky was this head cheerleader and had to be, you know, the best cheerleader ever. And so I think the tumbling was kind of a big part of that casting process.
Speaker 1: That's certainly different than some of the other auditions we've heard about, like from people from Brink and things like that, like, well we had to roller blade.
Speaker 3: You know, like a normal Underson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not quite the same.
Speaker 1: So, Okay, you're obviously a very accomplished dancer, singer, actor, and I personally myself wanted to be a break dancer.
Speaker 2: Didn't think I had a chance. Watch the last Olympics. Now I know I can do.
Speaker 3: Never too late, will late.
Speaker 2: Now i know I've got a shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I know the name of the studio that your mom I think started, yeah, has one of the greatest names ever. So tell us how you started on your kind of dancing journey.
Speaker 4: Absolutely so, my mom ran a dance studio an our western Toronto called Confidence Studio. Obviously COMPI dance, and she comes from a family of Nacha's nine siblings and so all my cousins, I've got like forty first cousins and they all danced at the studio, and so it was truly a family affair every day going to the studio.
Speaker 3: That's like I spent more time there than my home.
Speaker 4: I didn't even know that I loved dancing though, until I was like twelve or thirteen. Like we were playing hockey in the foyer and my mom's like getting the class and then we're like running the class and we're flipping off walls and putting holes in the walls, and she's like, oh geez, like how am I going to deal with you boys? You know, because there was a lot of guys. It was like all my first cousins and then all of our friends, and we all danced at the studio. So I grew up dancing at that studio from like age four to eighteen. And it wasn't until I was about twelve or thirteen that I was like, oh, I really love this and like want to find a way to do this, you know, but at that point I had already skipped so much ballet class that my technique was way behind, you know, and so all I had was performance. You know, when I was when I was doing these pieces, I was performing and.
Speaker 3: Committing to the role.
Speaker 4: And it wasn't until later that I realized that that was acting, you know, And that's that was a big part of dancing that I loved. And I always loved dance. It'll always be my first love. I still do it all the time, but acting was such a big part of that love. And so that kind of led me to a talent agent. I had a dance competition and started doing dance jobs, and then it was the next step that show that we toured with that gave me my first kind of real job as an actor. And that went on and you know, did over one hundred episodes of that and it was a whole journey. And then I came out to LA and just continue to pursue it, and then that's when Zombies happened.
Speaker 2: Wow, Yeah, that's I mean, that's amazing to me.
Speaker 5: With such a.
Speaker 6: Huge family business within dancing and stuff outside of the family, who were your inspirations growing up for dancing?
Speaker 4: Outside of the family. Yeah, I mean Michael Jackson huge. Like we had a DVD of MJ and my brothers, and I just like memorized all those music videos and just wanted to dance like him. And then like there was all these choreographers that I looked up to, like Tucker Barkley I was very inspired by, and me and Eastwood I was very inspired by.
Speaker 3: Also my family.
Speaker 4: I had a cousin, I had two cousins actually that they worked on camp.
Speaker 3: Rock when I was a little guy.
Speaker 4: And so they were big inspirations for me in like the possibility to actually get to pursue it, you know, like they kind of carved that pathway and I was like, oh, they could do it, I could do it, and they were. They also taught me a lot, like my one cousin taught all the hip hop at the studio, and so they were big inspirations.
Speaker 3: Luther Brown is a big choreographer. He was a big inspiration for me.
Speaker 4: He's an incredible hip hop choreographer, is from Toronto and he kind of made the jump over to LA and is extremely successful. And so that was another one that was like, Oh, that's.
Speaker 5: Incredible, you know, yeah, you can make it. You can make it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly exactly. You know.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 4: Need those people to be like, oh, I see you doing it, I can do the same.
Speaker 3: Then you know she's be the confidence to do the same.
Speaker 1: All right, So take take zombies out of the equation, since you you both know so much more about this than I ever could know zombies. What's the choreography you've seen in another D com? Are you a dcom fan? I shouldn't even ask.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've seen I've seen my fair share of D coms. I mean, Sneakrella had some sick choreography. That's a newer one, Sneakrella. But high School Musical.
Speaker 3: Actually, so.
Speaker 4: At Confidence Studio we would always put on a big we called it productions, and the productions like a ten minute number, usually inspired by a.
Speaker 3: Musical or a movie.
Speaker 4: And one year we did high school Musical, so I knew all the choreography.
Speaker 3: We're all.
Speaker 4: I gotta say, like that choreography is iconic. So high school Musical is definitely up there too. Yeah, camp, especially.
Speaker 1: When you learn how little time they had to do it. We talked them about it. It's like the Materia scene they had like a day. They shot that in like a dead Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Other because they hadn't.
Speaker 1: High School Musical was the one that, you know, other than the Cheetah Girls, right, High School Musical was the one that really made the musical the musical for for Disney, So they didn't know they had yet. So it was like, all right, yeah, you a week's worth of rehearsal and then you got to go shoot this thing now, we hear, right, I think isn't the next the New Zombies movie? One of them is like a forty million dollar budget yep. And yes, so slightly different than Brink.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's gotten a bit bigger since then. It's gotten up big, bigger.
Speaker 2: It's not Johnny Tsunami anymore.
Speaker 4: Right, Thank god for High School Musical because they they carved the way for the rest of us, you know, Like it was such a huge success, and I think it just showed the channel how special musicals can be. And Keny Ortega is a genius to you know, He's someone that I would love to get to work with. And so, yeah, that choreo is definitely iconic. That's crazy to hear that they did that in a day, because as a kid. That scene was mind blowing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, amazing, so memorable, too, big time for me. I feel like it's usually the scene people think of when they think of high School Musical the movie.
Speaker 5: They go straight to that cafeteria scene.
Speaker 3: Oh definitely, I go pop and lock and jail.
Speaker 6: That's where all the court the characters are really shown, and the difference is of all of them, and you find your person, you find the breaker.
Speaker 2: That's what your.
Speaker 3: Thing is like, exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so back to zombies because we can't just talk high school Musical the whole time as much as I want to. Yeah, how many auditions did they put you through before you finally got the role?
Speaker 3: Just too?
Speaker 4: I did a cell tape, Yeah, I did a celtape and then well, I guess three kind of because I had a little workshop with the director, and then I came out to LA and did a larger one.
Speaker 3: So just those three, so.
Speaker 1: You really you're you didn't live here, you really did live there, fly here for the audition, and fly back to shoot it.
Speaker 4: It's funny because I had just moved here this year, but then we went on tour and we were rehearsing the tour in Toronto, so I was in Toronto, but then came back for the audition, went away for the tour, and then went back to Toronto to film the movie.
Speaker 3: And I was like, I mean, any time in l.
Speaker 5: Just spend money on the apartment.
Speaker 3: Apartment, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: And so then it wasn't really until after that first movie that I came to La Proper and really actually spent some time here.
Speaker 2: Okay, well welcome.
Speaker 3: That was like eight years ago or something.
Speaker 6: Man, it's crazy. Had you had any experience you kind of touched on it a little bit. Had you had any cheer experience or No?
Speaker 3: No, I had no cheer experience.
Speaker 5: Just from the production. Your studio did bring it on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, legit, legit like that's all.
Speaker 4: I actually started to try to study a bit of cheerleading before the movie because I was like, I gotta figure this out, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And you said you had a stunt double.
Speaker 6: Was that more so for the cheer part, like stunting and that stuff.
Speaker 4: No, the only time I had a stunt double was for that stunt you guys brought up where I dived through the photo of myself that you.
Speaker 2: Had to do yourself. Anyway, You're like, I'm doing this.
Speaker 4: Even that day, I was like, I'm totally doing the stunt and the director's like, ah, we can't.
Speaker 3: I was like, Paul, you have to let happen. I have to do this. I was like, you need the shot, you need my cities do it. I'm like, we got to do it.
Speaker 4: And that is one of my one of the best times I've had on set ever because that it's such an exhilarating thing, and then I live for that stuff, like I'm like I want to do the stunts, you know. And so it's like fifteen foot high ramp just to a huge poster and you can't see what's on the other side of that poster, so it's a little scary, but there's just two layers of empty cardboard boxes because at that height, that's actually a better thing to fall into than a matt because a matt would actually hurt more. And so I was like, you guys sure, and they're like, they had a whole stunt team there of guys around the cardboard boxes to make sure I wouldn't go anywhere, and I just dove right through it. And then after the first take they were like, you actually dove too much, Like I came out too horizontal. They're like come out like more like like whole body front.
Speaker 3: I was like, okay, and then we only did it those.
Speaker 4: Two times and they're like, all right, we got it. Yeah, that was so fun awesome.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, I'm so jealous.
Speaker 2: It looked so good.
Speaker 1: I mean, it looked It's one of my favorite shots of any movie I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: I think, is that just with the face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those are the most fun parts. I'm like, I gotta do this. I have to experience this, you know, I'm really happy to let me do that.
Speaker 5: Oh wow.
Speaker 6: Okay, So were you a part of the stunts then, like the stunting of the cheer stunts. Did you have to do any of that or were you just flipping?
Speaker 3: Not really, No, Like I just did my own flips and my own tumbling.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: The real pro cheerleaders were behind this, throwing each other.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they were thing.
Speaker 2: Everybody in the air and everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I wasn't doing any of that. I was just blowing a whistle.
Speaker 3: I was like stretch. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So you've got the past behind you in that you saw how important the musicals were to Disney. Yeah, as you're shooting this did you think, hey, we got something here, this is going to be a big hit, or is it kind.
Speaker 2: Of like, you know, I don't know about this. Yeah, it was the vibe on the set.
Speaker 4: I mean, I definitely was extremely excited by it, and it's hard not to be when you're doing those huge dance sequences and stuff. But when you're making it, there's always you know, you don't want to get too excited. You know that there's a chance that it doesn't go as well as you hope. You're trying not to get your hopes up. But at my core, my hopes were all the way up. You know. It was such an incredible experience, and like you guys were saying, the choreography is so cool in it and the sequences are so well thought out that I.
Speaker 3: Was like, this is going to be great.
Speaker 2: Wow, it was so it was amazing. It was really amazing.
Speaker 1: Again as somebody who is this is not their thing, right, I finished it and I was like that.
Speaker 2: What a phenomenal movie. I mean, it was really really good.
Speaker 3: So entertaining, that's so cool to hear. That's so cool to get point right, we wanted to do everyone.
Speaker 1: And it was now did you know going in that this was actually based on a failed pilot for Disney.
Speaker 4: No, I had no idea. I didn't learn that until like I don't even think I learned that until the movie was over. Oh really, really again, Megan Milo knew and they're like, oh, yeah, this is the whole pilot, Like here's who played you, and here's who I'm like, what, like, no idea?
Speaker 5: Kylie said the same thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, was like I'm like, I'm writing stuff all the time, and I'm trying to produce stuff and I've had a bit of success selling scripts, but i haven't gotten anything big made yet. But that is always inspiring to hear, like zombies the idea was a thing years before it was a TV pilot and then years before it was a movie, And it's like, wow, like these ideas really take so long to flet, to truly flesh out.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anything, anything good that you're sitting there watching on television right now is ten years to make.
Speaker 4: Oh totally, and made its way through all the reasons why it couldn't be made, or you know it is.
Speaker 3: It is cool to think of projects like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you have to too.
Speaker 1: It keeps you going in the industry to know that, it's like, okay, exactly, got another no. But you know, in six months, the guy who just said no to me isn't going to be working there anyway.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 4: It's all changed, and this project might be a known now, but maybe five years down the line they're like.
Speaker 3: Whoa, wait, that project then now makes sense here And.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Queen's Gambit, biggest show of the year, Queen's Gamut twenty years in the making, twenty where they tried.
Speaker 2: To make that year.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's nuts.
Speaker 1: Okay, So movie comes out, it's got a huge following. It's it's like, I think the first weekend they played it a whole bunch of times, so there was like ten or twelve million views just.
Speaker 2: That first weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, did your life change right away?
Speaker 2: I mean was this instant?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean relatively. It's so funny. It's bringing me back to that time. It's already so long ago. It feels like it's not long ago, but it is. Yeah, I mean, you know, online the reception was huge, and I was seeing that like crazy with me.
Speaker 3: I think Bucky is so different.
Speaker 4: Than who I am, and so I would get a lot of interactions publicly where people are like, you know, I'd begin to dinner and I could see that, ay, they they thought it was me from that movie, and then I can hear the.
Speaker 3: Mom talking to them and like, I didn't like that character. He's so mean. Look at me again, like hey, and like wait it is you?
Speaker 4: Like I don't think they put two and two together easily with me for my character always. Yeah, yeah, of course, Like the reception online especially was was huge.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean what was awesome about your character is you're the villain, but you're not You're not mean.
Speaker 5: You're just so full of yourself. Yeah, you're just you just love yourself.
Speaker 3: So much, right, laughable.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you're not necessarily evil.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, it's crazy.
Speaker 6: So you're a likable villain, right, you know, it's it's awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, That's what I truly loved about the character so much, Yeah, is that he could be like so over the top and there's no limit and he's so laughable and in his world he is the ultimate villain. But like everyone's like okay, Bucky like anyways.
Speaker 1: But it's the people that he doesn't like, at least in the past, would eat your brains, right, so it's like you kind of have a reason to be, like, I'm a little wary of the zombie.
Speaker 4: People, Like he actually kind of is the voice of reason at times, Like that's the voice of reason, this guy that is over the top crazyness.
Speaker 2: Oh man, it's so funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And now in the cartoon, it's so fun because when it's animated, there's there's.
Speaker 3: Truly no ceiling.
Speaker 4: So now it's like it's crazy and it's so fun. I just feel grateful that I still get to be playing his character.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're so excited.
Speaker 6: We've only seen one movie and we're doing first movies of all like a lot of the franchises, right, so we're excited to see where the development and the characters. Obviously, the development of the budget means better sets, better this, better that. So we're really stoked to get to especially zomb Me Too. That's the one that Danielle Fisher is gonna come on. She's she claimed that.
Speaker 2: One Daniel's coming on not to watch Zombies Too.
Speaker 3: Oh great.
Speaker 6: What was your first impressions of the cast? I mean, what was cool about this cast is they weren't bringing any big names from the channel like they do in a lot of their other movies. This was really a bright, new shiny cast of just tons of talent.
Speaker 5: What were the first impressions?
Speaker 4: Oh, they like instantly became my family. Wow, Megan I had I was doing a lot of scenes with her in my audition, and so I already had built a rapport with her and she I don't know if y'all have met her. She's such an inviting person and such like a positive person that she's like the connector to everyone, And so I already had built a raport with her. But then getting into Milo, like he instantly became like a brother to me, you know. And I just remember being like, these these guys are so talented. Like I was like, you guys are gonna blow up. You know, everyone's gonna love you guys so much, And I just felt grateful to be working with them, you know. Like James Godfrey, the guy that plays Bonzo, he's also from Toronto. He's a Canadian actor and he's hilarious. Like I know, they had a hard time casting that role. And when he came in, he like believably built a zombie language and they're like we believe you, Like you're that's a real thing now that speaks to like his comedy, like he is an incredible writer and comedian, and so yeah, I just remember thinking that everyone's so talented, like Kylie's voice, and then and then it just it just compounded in the second movie. In the third movie, they just kept bringing in fresh talent that was so like gifted, and so, you know, all you can all you can be is grateful get into work with people like that.
Speaker 1: When did you do you talk about the second third movies? When did you find out that you were going to be doing more films?
Speaker 4: It was probably about a year after the first one was made, Okay, yeah, I think it was about that long. I had signed on to two pictures to begin with, and so I was always kind of hoping for the second one.
Speaker 3: The third one was a big surprise, and the fourth one.
Speaker 4: I'm not in the fourth one, but it's incredible to see that the brand is still moving.
Speaker 3: It's like, this is amazing. You know, it's been like eight years.
Speaker 5: Oh, then we might not get to number four.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we might just not do that one.
Speaker 6: My favorite character, Yeah, they can't get I come on, I think we need to Rewhite right now. Funny.
Speaker 5: It will not premiere on Magical Realize.
Speaker 3: Saving Bucky and Space. We're doing a Bucky in Space movie.
Speaker 2: Okay, nice, nice, I like Bucky in Space.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the rude. No spoilers for the third one, but not the room third one. But you know, Bucky and Space come in. Tell the network someone.
Speaker 1: We were told a little bit. We were told the second one. We've got to vampires are coming, where wolves are coming, Aliens are coming.
Speaker 3: That's so.
Speaker 4: Ye, aliens are three, and then I think vampires are four. Ok okay, but yeah, it is. It is cool to see the growth of the characters. I mean, like if Bucky can get even more over the top from first to second he does.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Oh my gosh, I love it.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I love it.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 6: That's funny because when we did do our interview with Kylie, we asked her what character would you think would be the best spin off of the movie franchise, and she said Bucky for sure.
Speaker 4: That's amazing, even a beat she said, I didn't say that.
Speaker 3: That's super nice.
Speaker 5: For sure. I love that.
Speaker 1: So at D twenty three this year, they made kind of a big announcement that the stars from Zombies and the stars from The Descendants are going to be touring together. Yes, is there anything you can tell us?
Speaker 3: I'll be honest, I don't know too much about that.
Speaker 2: God they are You're not going.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to be on it.
Speaker 2: You're not going.
Speaker 3: No, not unless I missed an email or a call.
Speaker 6: Or oh, come on, I'm telling you will. I said it when we talked to Kylie about it. I bet you they don't know yet. I think they're confident and that they can make the announcement of it without knowing who and how all those parts are going to work. I'm telling you there's no way they're doing this freaking tour without Bucky. This just confirmed it.
Speaker 5: There's no way.
Speaker 4: That's so funny. That's super nice of you. But I think it's just the beginning of that. Like I think there's a whole life of touring here, because I had done that bit of touring before. With the Next Step, it's such a it's such an incredible experience for people get to get to see the same story and the same people live, and so I think it's just the beginning of its life as a tour.
Speaker 6: For a while back, when Cheetah and High School Musical and Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers. There was a whole tour trifecta where they I mean there was a big group hitting your city in the US, like once a month at least, you know. So I definitely think they know how much money they can make on it. I mean, it makes so much sense. I can't believe they haven't done it yet, but I think it's brilliant. I'm telling you, I know that they have the confidence and the knowledge that they can make that announcement and then piece it together later for perhaps.
Speaker 3: Perhaps maybe that's again, would you go if they asked you? Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 4: You know, if the things are right and the show was right and you've done a certain way, I would love to be a part of it.
Speaker 3: I think there was kind.
Speaker 4: Of talks of it, to be honest with you, at one point, and then I think it kind of ended up going a different direction. But again, I think I personally think it's just the beginning of it. I think it's going to be very successful. I don't see why wouldn't, Like you said, they've had so much success maturing in the past. I think live experiences are incredible and I think fans will love it, and.
Speaker 3: So assuming it's successful, I'm sure there will be much more.
Speaker 5: Absolutely. Yeah, well we can't wait to come see you.
Speaker 3: I'll let you know.
Speaker 2: And you said that your wife is a dancer as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, my wife's a dancer. She's way out of my lead.
Speaker 1: She's like an incredible I was just about to say, not to start any any drama, but who's the better dancer, you or your wife?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Her, my far You're such.
Speaker 5: A good husband. Look at that.
Speaker 3: She's incredible dancer. She actually won. So you think you can dance? Yeah? She won?
Speaker 2: So you think you can dance in Canada?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, Cande and I tell everybody.
Speaker 5: That that's amazing.
Speaker 3: I'm telling people that. I'm like, I'll never stop.
Speaker 1: Is it true that the Canadians, so you think you can dance? Is exactly the same as the American just more polite?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, ignore him, ignore him?
Speaker 3: Like sorry, that dance was just okay, I'm sorry guy.
Speaker 4: It literally is the same, like wants of the same choreographers, a lot of the same judges.
Speaker 3: It was. It was pretty much the same show.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, I.
Speaker 1: Think we asked Kylie this as well, who is the in your opinion if take yourself out of the equation, because you have to do that's the only way to do it.
Speaker 2: Who was the best dancer on the cast of Zombies besides you?
Speaker 4: Oh geez, you're making me answer that. Oh man, just curious, dude.
Speaker 3: Everyone is are we talking like the whole movie at large?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, like, sorry, the whole franchise at large?
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, well yeah, anybody anybody popping your head right away?
Speaker 4: I mean, Kylie is is a dope dancer. Kylie is an incredible dancer. She actually danced like she trained and danced.
Speaker 3: She's amazing.
Speaker 2: She said she.
Speaker 6: Really didn't have a lot of dance free. She's a ballet dancer. She's a ballet she she's a ballet dancer.
Speaker 3: That's what she told me too. And then she started doing pure what yeah right, you know, I know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, She's like, oh no, I'm not really dancing.
Speaker 6: She's like, well I trained in ballet, and I'm like, okay, then you're probably really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Dancer. Meg and Milo crushed too.
Speaker 4: They're sick dancers, like Meg low Key is a hip hop dancer, and so is Milo.
Speaker 3: Like he was doing back.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh yeah, that bam that that's was a cool number band number.
Speaker 3: They're all truly really good dancers. Not the pop out of the answer.
Speaker 2: But that was no, that was a good answer. I'll take that. By the way.
Speaker 1: We just had one of our producers write in that year and I don't do a lot on the social media machine, but.
Speaker 2: Apparently they are singing in the rain.
Speaker 1: Yeah you do as apparently writing bonkers and amazing in giant letters.
Speaker 3: Hey thanks producer.
Speaker 4: My wife and I were super inspired by like that era of Hollywood, that golden era, singing in the Rain, our favorite movie, just all those dance sequences, and it's because you don't see dance in movies like that anymore. I mean, Zombies is a great example of you seeing it in movies, but like these huge dance numbers where you don't cut and it's it's about the dance choreography. And so in effort to kind of get to create something in that vein, we we just relearned Moses supposed us from singing in the Rain, and we did like an exact recreation. We tried to do it as I.
Speaker 5: Gotta look that up.
Speaker 3: Up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's amazing.
Speaker 1: So what is in your opinion then, what is the best dance movie ever?
Speaker 3: Oh? Wow, question?
Speaker 2: That is the spot the pros. I don't know.
Speaker 3: For me, it's Singing in the Rain. It is Singing in the Rain, Like it's such an incredible movie and like the dance sequences in it are amazing. I just want to bring that back so bad, Like I'm trying so hard to write stuff in that.
Speaker 5: Oh I love it right time.
Speaker 4: Period, and that's why we made that video and we're going to continue to make something. But just like back then, they didn't even cut. They'll cut like three times, like they're doing it for real. Like when we when we repreated Moses Opposes, we were like, I gotta do it so hard.
Speaker 3: And they're like forty something at the time. We're like, to's go again.
Speaker 4: Like there's a part where they're dancing on the chairs and we're like almost falling off the chairs and that's not even the hardest number, you know.
Speaker 3: So singing in the Rain is definitely out there.
Speaker 1: That's the equivalent to me in filmmaking of what they used to do in the actual old school martial arts movies. Right where we're not cutting, where the talent we have on screen is what we want people to see.
Speaker 2: Set up the camera and let them do their thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, And that's the same thing with a real dance movie, where it's just like, we're not gonna cut, just let them dance, and we're going to film them dancing.
Speaker 4: Exactly and it's just rehearsal, and it's just you know, a lot of times in filmmaking they tend to rush that process, and I'm like, oh, if you give it the time that it deserves, like you can get to that level where it's like the talent just shines through and you don't have to do any cool graphics or the effects. You can just have practical, real talent shine through.
Speaker 6: It always makes me wonder, though, I mean, obviously it could be done. There is so much talent out there in the dance world that could absolutely make something magical like that happen. Now that I've got a little girl who's four, and like, how how quick she's over things, And obviously that happens with because she's little, but I also work with high school students and stuff. I wonder, can they actually focus that long? Can they actually be entertained? That long to not have those quick cuts and those you know, those flashy things that directors.
Speaker 5: And everyone do.
Speaker 6: It makes me wonder like, is it only dancers that are going to appreciate it?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: No, Yeah, that's true, and.
Speaker 5: It's such a big question.
Speaker 4: I think you're right when there is definitely an additional challenge in a time like today where we have all these fast paced cool like the technology now totally, I think dance is the answer, though. I think with something like dance you can keep people intrigued enough if you want to make them laugh from singing in the rain. I personally think a modern day version of something similar to that would easily keep kids entertained because.
Speaker 3: Of what he's doing. He's flipping off the wall and breaking through sets, and then and this comes here.
Speaker 2: It is Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, hey, it's my goal to prove that we can keep the younger Jedi generations enough to have some I am here.
Speaker 5: I will be a warrior behind you. You just know. I love it.
Speaker 3: Talk to me in five years, give me five years, okay.
Speaker 1: Just remember as you're doing it, remember as you're doing it that you already have the dancing, the dancings there. People will always go for good story.
Speaker 3: Oh so if.
Speaker 1: You've got a good story and good writing, then the amazing dancing is just going to be fittered throughout this A great film that that'll be I'm in my heart.
Speaker 2: I have to believe that will always be timeless.
Speaker 4: It's so true, it's so true. Story Trump's it all all the time.
Speaker 3: And getting to mix those two good story with good dance, good acting, good filmmaking, that's the dream, that's the goal.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, well we have to get back to Disney because here's a question. So we already asked your favorite dance movie. What's your favorite dcom of all?
Speaker 4: Yes, that's a good one too. I feel like I feel like it's high school musical. It is high school musical because so that one affected me the most, it inspired me the most. I think it was also that time period, like that's when I was watching Disney Channel. M hm, So I think I think I have to say high school musical. It's such a special.
Speaker 6: So then what was your favorite high school musical original?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: The first one for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because there's just there's just special sauce in there, like no one knew it was going to be great. It's like still no budget, and it just it allows the talent to like truly shine through it all.
Speaker 6: Again, the only heavy hitter in that movie was Ashley Tisdale, but at the same time, a lot of fresh talent in high school musical one the first one. You know what I mean, it's so cool and they I mean they hit it through the roof. They did, they did it.
Speaker 4: And I have to go back to your dance movie question quick because in thinking about the ones.
Speaker 3: That affected me have affected my.
Speaker 4: Life the most. Dance movie wise, like You Got Served was huge, great movie that changed my life, Like seeing the stuff they were doing in that, Like that's what made me be like, I.
Speaker 3: Gotta twist when I flip and I gotta learn head.
Speaker 2: Like that just on his elbow.
Speaker 3: I was like, Mom's like, stop studio. Yeah, yeah, so that's up there too.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So Disney wise, you you were the host of Disney's fam jam Yep, very cool and you also you also appeared on Bunked. So you would you have seen Disney in different lights, TV shows, hosting and the movies like what you obviously were a part of the Disney fam. How much did you love being able to now say like you're you know, basically Disney Royalty.
Speaker 5: That's incredible.
Speaker 4: That means a lot if I if I make Disney Royalty, that's huge.
Speaker 2: You're there.
Speaker 3: I gotta get a plaque.
Speaker 2: On those franchises.
Speaker 3: Come on.
Speaker 4: It was It was super I feel super lucky to have to work with Disney for the last decade. Honestly, like I did so much a Bunked and Bunked was my first real sitcom and like, I loved it so much, like just getting to you know, every line is a joke, every line is funny, like that's my home, you know. And it's also this weird mix between theater and film, which happens to work well for me because I'm a big actor.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm very physical, and.
Speaker 4: When I go to the big feature film auditions, they're like, hey, can you do ten times less?
Speaker 3: I'm like sure on the eyes you know.
Speaker 2: See I've never heard that note before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right exactly, So I've I've worked really hard to be able to do that. But the sitcom and zombies, I can kind of just like let it fly. So it feels real comfortable. But no, getting like get into work with Disney's a dream. I mean, you know, I'd be chilling at the parks like ten times a year.
Speaker 3: It's like, it's like, is this work? You know what I mean? I'm bunked. I'm dressed up like a pig swipping through gravy. I'm like, Oh, had a tired day at work.
Speaker 4: I was dressed like a big all day. And my Mom's like, that's not work, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I feel lucky, super lucky.
Speaker 2: We know what you mean, because Sabrina and I are at work right now.
Speaker 6: Right yeah, like the days after we do our podcast, I'm exhausted because I'm laughing so hard.
Speaker 5: I'm like smiling so big, and it's.
Speaker 6: Just it's amazing when you literally get to do something you love to do so much and that's your job. That's just it's awesome. And Disney has done that for all three.
Speaker 5: Of us, really blessed us. So that's awesome.
Speaker 3: Total.
Speaker 1: Okay, So final question, Yeah, you've got your Bucky spinoff. You can do whatever you want to do. Where is Bucky now? And what is the film?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Wow, I should be more prepared for this well, I mean, yo, no spoilers to Zombies three if you guys haven't seen it, or if anyone watching it.
Speaker 5: You have it?
Speaker 4: No, no, yeah, but Bucky's in space and he has to bring cheer to the universe and wherever he lands, he has to bring in and sell a new species on cheerleading.
Speaker 3: That's the movie.
Speaker 2: Great idea.
Speaker 1: You're an ambassador of Earth and you're bringing cheerleading cheer.
Speaker 4: Earth and they think that like human beings like, well, they're all like Bucky, you know what I mean. They're like, oh yeah, this is what your people are like. You know what I mean by who's like the last the last example.
Speaker 3: Of what you know. It's a great idea, right, yeah, I think it's great. Someone said, Network, that's a great idea.
Speaker 2: I'm in. I'm in. I want to see that franchise.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you so much for taking the time to join us.
Speaker 3: Of course, thanks for having me, for telling us that you.
Speaker 2: Are by far a better dancer than your wife. I'm kidding, I remember.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Yeah, right, We asked your fellow castmates as well, will you come back and play with us again for Zombies two and three?
Speaker 3: Absolutely let me know.
Speaker 6: Okay, actually, especially three because it seems like Bucky's got quite the ride.
Speaker 5: And then three, oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just wait, just wait he goes on a trip.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 2: Thank you for joining us.
Speaker 1: Thank you for making me start to love musicals because you were integral in that, like literally integral and me starting to love musicals. Man, congratulations on everything.
Speaker 6: Good luck with all your scriptwriting and everything that you guys are doing.
Speaker 5: That's amazing you.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much. It was really cool to meet you, bo. Thanks for having me, and yeah, I look forward talking to you.
Speaker 3: I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and welcome to La finally after being able to be in your apartment, finally appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Cool. Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: By right, Man, he's so different than his character.
Speaker 5: It's unreal. But I like him just as it's great.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 1: I know, and I know it's a stupid thing to say as an actor because you're like, of course, everybody's different than their character, but you kind of expect one thing and.
Speaker 2: No, there's no hint.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 2: He's so talented too, it's funny.
Speaker 6: He wasn't just himself on camera being funny. He literally created a character.
Speaker 1: No, you said something interesting too, though, where you said all these dancers that are coming up and how dance itself? Even I've noticed the proliferation of dance everywhere with dance shows, and you're seeing the things that are going viral and all these people that are getting great.
Speaker 2: The difference is to do it in film, you also.
Speaker 1: Have to be able to act and sing, and so it's the triple threat that's the difficult part.
Speaker 2: And to find people like that. I mean, he's just me. It's getting through the screen.
Speaker 1: They call it getting through the screen where you just you don't know what it is, but when you see it, you know, you go, that's it. And like Cast the Zombies, cast the High School Musical, a lot of these movies that we're watching that have these triple threat kids which is or young adults, which is what they are. That's it that people talk about in Hollywood. It's like there, it is coming through the screen. You hate Bucky and oh my god, he's funny and he's gonna be in space.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm it.
Speaker 6: Well, the cool thing I feel right now is after meeting him, knowing that that is a true character he clearly developed. Yep, thought out of this on his own. Obviously there was a script, but he made the character right. And to know that is so different than the person he is. That's what tells me it's it because he's got so much more to give us, right, Like, I want to see his other characters. I want to see what he does in the future. I've got I am tonight, you know, I'm gonna be scouring looking for anything I can see.
Speaker 2: Oh, the singing in the rain, I can't wait.
Speaker 5: And his wife dancing together. Yeah, talk about a dream.
Speaker 2: I mean that's cool.
Speaker 5: God, how am they?
Speaker 1: That's when you look up and you're up till two o'clock in the morning, all of a sudden you're like, oh, man, I watched everything.
Speaker 5: Oh for sure, I'm gonna be doing that.
Speaker 1: But so can't wait to see the second Zombies because I will bet you they wrote the first Zombies and then they cast him. Now they're writing for him, yes, And I'll bet you it's the same with the rest of the cast too. We're gonna start seeing more of their personality in the characters because it's like, oh, now we got a voice. Now we know who's going to do it. Now we know how far we can push them. And so it's like now they're writing for them, so that I see the sequels of all these things. Thank you everybody for joining us on our park Hopper episode here. He was just so incredibly love it, so of course we want to thank Trevor Swordsman for joining us. Go watch Zombies all that stuff, Go watch his singing in the rain. I can't wait to see that, and that just kind of old school dance vibe.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm starting to get into it, Sabrina, I for it Will.
Speaker 6: I'm so excited you have been pulled to the side of the light you are.
Speaker 5: I just love it so much. Thank you, Trevor.
Speaker 1: And our next five five movies are all gonna be the Ghost of Buxley Hall, so please join us for that. We're just gonna keep watching those movies over and oarth I'm hitting. We're doing the Even Stevens movie next, everybody, so join us. We'll tell you who our special guest is later, but you probably are. She has three names and she might have been Kim Possible. Did I give it away?
Speaker 2: I think I just give it either way.
Speaker 1: Join us and thank you again Trevor, and we will see you next time.
Speaker 2: Bye, everybody.
Speaker 6: Hey,