Speaker 1: Worrying Today's episode. Today's spoilers for episode two oh six of Rings of Power.
Speaker 2: Hello, my name is Jason, steps you and ondrisday Night, and welcome back to x ray Vision of the podcast.
Speaker 1: Will We Dive Deep and dear favorite shows, movies, comics and pop culture coming to you from My Heart podcast, where we'll bring you to episodes a week every Tuesday Thursday.
Speaker 3: In today's episode, oh baby, it's the Rings of Power. It's episode two oh six. There's only two episodes left after this, so.
Speaker 1: Things are really heating up. I hope you like Orcs.
Speaker 3: I hope you like Ada, and I hope you like Calibrimball because you know we do.
Speaker 1: So let's get into it. We open with our on Dear running through the Evil Woods in pursuit of the Orc Army Love the Evil Woods. He comes across a few stragglers, there's a big fight, and then quickly kills three Orcs. They're dead. He checks their corpses, little light looting from the elves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like, what we know now that caninically the Orcs have a family, So maybe just like have a combo just like.
Speaker 1: See you know, it was self defense.
Speaker 3: It was self defense. Okay, okay, well, Lee, I'm an Aaron defense and we'll go with that.
Speaker 1: He finds some intel, some important intel. It is a map of a reggaeon. We go to We go to a reggaeon where.
Speaker 2: Calabrimmon is struggling to produce the man rings, the nine rings for men that Anatar has.
Speaker 1: Basically convinced him to make. He's very frustrated and he's at a mythrill, which they need. So what's going on? The Dwarves are tardy with their deliveries.
Speaker 2: Merdonia, Merdonia, we're Donia?
Speaker 1: Who again? When we get our screeners, they don't have the handy X ray vision kind of drop down drop down menu like they did on Amazon Prime Video that allows you to see all the names of the characters, so you just have to wait for them to say, yea who she was?
Speaker 3: And we were calling her dark raying, we were calling it Daria, but Doanya not honestly that far off?
Speaker 2: Well, because I think they must have said Donya yeah as a in which they do yeah, and we took it as dark. So her name is Merdanya and she clearly like head offlined with the rest of the staff who were like, you're closest with Calibridmore, can you like talk to him? So she goes, she steps forward.
Speaker 1: She's like, hey, uh, Calibridmore, are you good because you're acting out of pocket. You're like very very high strung. You seem like something's going on. And he's like, who the fuck are you?
Speaker 3: We just buy the way, bro, Like she's definitely been your assistant for like a thousand years.
Speaker 1: He can't be real, like this is alf shit, Like he's just bad.
Speaker 2: He's just like, who wait up, excuse yeah, sorry, y.
Speaker 4: Who are you?
Speaker 1: And Anatar is like, okay, everybody take a break, let me talk to Kelibermore. Calibrinboor is losing it. He's like, what is going on?
Speaker 3: And this is working in Anatar's favor because he has been whispering, you know, parcel tongue style in Medagna's ea, saying, oh, Kelibrimbo is the darkness you saw, Calibrinbore is evil. Cali Brimble's falling apart. So this is just going great for old Anata.
Speaker 2: So Calibribo is forgetting things, as we have just seen, He's like leaving his coffee cup and his glasses and his little hammer different places all around the workshop, and he's like, where is that stuff? He doesn't remember, and Anatar is like, no, you know what it's that's just how focused you are.
Speaker 1: That's how that's just how you're in a floor vision. You're so immersed in your work right now. Now, listen, I need to tell you something. The people of a region who you are their lord. In addition to running this fucking sweatshop, which you might have forgot about. Yeah, in addition to running this this sweatshop of a forge, you also are like the governor of this entire city, and the people need to hear for you. Anders like, I'm too locked in right now. I gotta finish these mannerings. I don't have time for that. Can you just like deal with them? I deputize you, Anatar, and he makes like the side of the cross touches them on both shoulders. It's like and it's like, you are my deputy. Go do your the lord now, go talk to my subjects, and also get on the dwarves ass what pour some fucking ship down into the minds of Cose of Doom and get me my myth thrill. That sounds like it's not gonna go wrong at all. Anatar addresses the citizens. He's like, listen, I am lord Kelly. I just came from keller Brimbore, he said, I'm the guy now and I'm gonna be the one you're dealing with, So please address all your concerns directly to me. I will funnel them to kelib Brimbor. He is, he's busy right now. Mordonia steps up and it's like, whoa, hey, you should know then as depity, Uh, we just found a dead elf outside of the walls of the city, a messenger, and come take a look at him. And Anatar takes a look at this corpse and there's like a there's runes carved into the chest of this messenger, and Anator clearly witch project answer can clearly read it, because he's like, hi that He's like, put that away. I don't want to say it. Oh it's a big red flag, babe.
Speaker 3: I'm interested in this Midga moment here as well, because I feel like earlier on they were kind of hinting that he was trying to like groom her to be his next Calibrimble. But here I think we're starting to see that Calibrimble is kind of the one who's falling for it, and Medonia maybe could see through it, maybe in the hopes of the future.
Speaker 1: I think you're right, And I also think Anatar slash Sarn is flying a little bit by the seat of his pants. His plan has been working wonderfully, like a like a finely tuned watch up until now. But now there's like a lot of things. The Orcs are coming, there's a lot of them. Yeah, the elves are going still, the elf army might go here, it might go there. There's a lot of things going on. So he's just kind of like improvising right now. Merdonia is like, what did the carving say? And he's and Anatar says it said where is he? Which clearly is like him, it's where Sarah? Where is Sarahn? So this means he knows the Orcs are here. We go to the southlands. Adar is chatting with Galadriel. He's like, so, let me ask you. You're still obsessed with sorrow? How's that going for you? How's that going for you? And there's like a little fun pissing contest here where uh where. Galadriel is like, well, you surrendered to him. You coward I never sawd her. I kept fighting him, you fucking bitch.
Speaker 3: You also like, uh, Galadriel, I wish Adan knew that you let him straight into fucking lynd On like your little boyfriends.
Speaker 1: Adar says, you know, I spent a lot of time thinking about sarn in the many many years since I last saw him. And here's the thing I know about him. He has a way of seeing the thing that you really want and using it against you. And he says, so, what did he promise you, Gladriel, And she's like an army and she asks what Sarren promised him? And he says, children, Oh babe. I'm like, is that gay?
Speaker 5: Or did you already have the children from the Orcs?
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel like, well, Gladuo. Basically he says, yeah, you've got this army you so clearly it worked and says, listen, we got to kill this guy, soar On enough with him. Let's we can do it, and we can do it together, and we could do this, and he opens up a chest and he pulls out more Goth's crown and Galadriel is like whoa And Adar is like, I stabbed him with this years and years and years ago.
Speaker 5: This is what I meant.
Speaker 1: Bit he was. He was dead for a minute for like you can't kill kill, kill him, but if you can kill him for like.
Speaker 3: Five kill and then you could catch him in the jar, you could catch the goo in a jar or something.
Speaker 1: Adar asks, is is it true that the elves saved themselves with the rings? And Gladual kind of is very cagy about it, and he says, hey, we've got the crown of more Goth. We've got the rings, the rings plus the crown. That's like enough juice to kill Saarn. I know he's in Reggaeon. Adar also knows that hal Brand is sore on. That's a big reveal. You're small, and so he says, let's team up, team up with me or the good people, the good elves of a Reggaeon are gonna die. You know this. We go to New Minor, where it is just badly.
Speaker 3: Like you motherfuckers, this is you get The fall is coming.
Speaker 1: And you deserve it, honestly. Al Farizon, he of this mother of the Kenny Rogers, Salt and Pepper beard, that beautiful rush looking beard, thick hair. He does uh is presiding over the treason trial of Ellendale. Kevin his son, little little sniveling bitch ass is like smiling, smirking behind his dad's back. Arian Ellen Hill's daughter looks concerned naturally. Finally, finally, this is your doing. You are the one who's thought at this, so I don't want to hear it now, Parazone says. He looks. He's like, there's that guy who we another person whose name I don't think we know, who carries like the book of laws, the Book of the Valar. He's like, listen, I had this guy look through the book and these are serious charges. But despite that, we're gonna let Ellen Dill go. And everyone's oh now, and then he goes over quiet down. If he does two things. He says, I'm sorry for all my treasons. I renounced them, and he pledges his loyalty to me, and Ellen Dale says, okay, uh, regarding all of my treason is sorry, I apologize on that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, that was bad.
Speaker 1: As to the matter of me pledging.
Speaker 2: My loyalty to you yourself.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 1: He says, Queen Burial is the true queen and that Pharazon actually is a trader. And so they look into the book of the Velar and they say, look at this, there's like a there's like a big picture that I guess like it's like if you yeah, if you're if your criminal does the following crimes? Turn to page whatever. They turned to that page and there's just like a picture of like a guy getting eaten by a huge fish, delicious fish. This is you will be the fish. That is your punishment. We go to Ruin where tom Bombadill, Tommy Bombs and the Stranger are having a chat and we're still here led Zeppelin music. The stranger is getting flashes and visions of different things and he asks Thomas Bombs once again, help me harness my power, help me develop, help me use the power that I have. And Tommy Bombs puts on his wizard hat with a little wink that says, hey, recognize this does look familiar, and he says, why don't you follow the Bombster follow the.
Speaker 3: Bombs, like, see what happens. We take a little trip on a magic copetride. You know, see what happens.
Speaker 1: We go to the Haarfoots. Nori asks Gunda Balle Earthhuller, who is the chief of these Southern proto Hobbits, kind of the southern halfoots why don't her people just leave? Why don't you just leave? It seems bad here. The dark Wizards forces are like on on your shit all the time. They're threatening you. They slapped you like we harfoots. We'd like, we're in a place for six weeks and then we're out. And Gundabale says, I'm not leaving. I was born here, I was raised here. I buried my husband under that tree. I am going to be buried under that tree. We're not going anywhere. This is our home. Fuck that. Nori says, well, I feel like this is all my fault, and so she's right. She is a little right, and she's like, I got to figure out a way to get you all out of trouble. Poppy. Meanwhile, Poppy and Nobody oh or continued, are vibing. The vibes are are very romantic, extremely like it's happening, Poppy. You can tell when Poppy asks Nobody why his name is nobody as he explains it that Poppy is like, they treat you like fucking shit really bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, it's like you think this is normal, but I'm from outside and I'm telling you, like, this is not normal, my friend, Like, this is a treat it badly, this is bad times.
Speaker 1: You don't realize like how much they are mistreating you. But she doesn't say anything about that. And then they start making out because again they that are feeling it. And this makes me feel like rosy. One of these, one of these is dying.
Speaker 3: Okay, look, and you know what, I'm sure nobody you seem like a nice guy. I'm gonna follow the abusive path of your life and say you bad die because Poppy bad will die.
Speaker 1: I'm a poppystan I like you. Though it shall be faced. It does feel like it. One of these is gonna die.
Speaker 5: Yeah, one of them is gonna book it.
Speaker 1: Put it on the odds. It's happening. Poppy tells Nori, don't turn yourself in, don't do anything crazy like that, just for these Southern harfoots. Let's fight the dark Wizard and his henchmen. We go back to Tommy Bombs. Tommy Bombs takes the stranger out to a valley with all these dead, desiccated trees in it, and tom Bombs says, hey, you want your wizard staff, you want your power somewhere in here is your true wiz Staff, and you've got to find it. You've got to figure out using this another riddle that I'm telling you which one it is. This man never just tells somebody something. It's always a riddle, always a query. Like so the stranger came off, looks over this pretty sizeable valley of dead trees and he's like, okay, Tommy b tom bombadil Tommy bomb to many bomb bomb bombs, tow many bomb bom bombs. I can tell this is gonna this is going to take up a lot of my time because a lot of things that look like Staff's here.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And I have been separated from my friends Norian Poppy, and I got to make sure they're okay because I created a standstorm that swept them away, and that's my fault. Can I do that and come back and then we can do that? And Tom Bombs is like with like drops actually a bar. He's like sometimes life you come to a crossroads and you have to decide whether you're gonna go left or right. You were at that crossroads and you got to figure it out. You can't you can do one or the other. You cannot do both, and tom Bomb says, additionally, you know sare on, there's dark wizards, threats are orcs are back there in force. You need your staff, you need your power back. I don't think personally if you want my advice, no time for this haarfoot stuff. And then he's like, what's that over there? And the stranger turns out, look what the dead trees? It turns back and Tommy Bomb's like Batman, his fun.
Speaker 3: Batman's style, like I'm surprised he didn't throw I'm surprised.
Speaker 1: He didn't throw a smoke bomb. Yeah, and you know who else is going to disappear us for a minute, so you could listen to this these words from a response.
Speaker 4: We're back, We're back. We got a cause of do. Where the dwarves are digging through that.
Speaker 3: Sweet gold, oh the gold.
Speaker 1: And guess what man during the during the third is obviously heavily heavily crack addicted to his big, big, beautiful ring.
Speaker 2: But he's right, the gold is down there because they're pulling it up in pots.
Speaker 3: This man is like that very problematic Austin Power's three character gold member, Like this.
Speaker 1: Is like something really he loves gold Man. He just fucking loves gold. He wants the gold.
Speaker 3: And also I feel like the dwarves were never digging for gold before, so I feel like this is.
Speaker 5: Also like suspicious dark magic goal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, like is this gold only there to make them cause the crash that will inevitably happen when they hit all those load bearing rocks.
Speaker 2: Also, do they mind like it comes up in coin form or did they mint.
Speaker 3: The gold because it has been going Well, that's I did.
Speaker 1: It's coming up in full coin bring coin form? Is that meant to be?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Oh, this is like how much you've lost yourself to the ring, Like you're not even questioning why there's just gold coins. But I'm also I'm like, how much time is passing. I don't know what's going on. Maybe they're just making some gold. If they're minting the gold, good for those workers. I hope you're keeping some of that gold. Yeah, you just pocket everybody, Just pocket everybody. Also, is this like real gold or is this that kind of like in a like I read a lot of books, Like there's a lot of great fantasy romantic books about like Faye and the Dark Faye and all these kind of things like the Holly Black series, and in those Elves and Fay and all these different creatures, they can kind of make a fake gold, an illusory gold that's really rocks or leaves or something.
Speaker 5: And I wonder if Sourn is doing something similar.
Speaker 1: Or also wondering if that's not the case. Considering we see Saron create a pretty significant illusion. His son, Prince ter and the Fourth comes through, obviously to discuss his father's recent behavior and his relationship to his ring. But before he can do that, Anatar is there, and Anatar is like, hey, uh, you're like two weeks two weeks later on the Mythril deliveries, what's going on? Sorry? Who are you? Why are you in my house? What do you mean?
Speaker 4: I don't know about this.
Speaker 1: I did not make an agreement with you. He's like, name your price, King Duran, how much? And King Duran says price, It's gonna be high because guess what, I'm rich now. I'm pulling coins up out of the minds, like full buckets of coins all the time. And so here's what's going on with the Mythrill. Hell no, Mythrill won't go get the fuck out. I'm rich, bitch.
Speaker 2: See ya?
Speaker 1: So interesting?
Speaker 3: To me, that ring that they made for that the rings they made for the elves, they don't necessarily.
Speaker 1: Lead them in Sauron's wake.
Speaker 3: You know, this ring has caused Duran to go on a kind of chaos of his own making. And it's interesting here that he won't give him the myth I think that tells us something that sometimes once the ring's got a hold of you, it can kind of lose its way from wanting to.
Speaker 5: Do Sourn's duty, you know. But he doesn't mind because he can see the future. That's right.
Speaker 1: Editar looks as he's getting like escorted out of Kazudoum. He like looks into the brasier that's brazier, the brasier that's like brazier brazier crane that's like near Duran's throne, and he sees in their a vision of the ball rog soon to arrive. Whoa king. Duran, meanwhile, is just.
Speaker 2: So excited about all this gold war coming, and he knows the war coming prices are gonna go up. He's gonna be able to jack up the market price of mythrill. And he's discussing this with his son, who all of a sudden is just like, Dad, take off the ring.
Speaker 3: He's like, you are acting crazy. You're given like logan from.
Speaker 1: Fucking succession, Like you saw of this guy.
Speaker 3: I thought you had all these sensible, you know, restrictions before on mining, and I feel like now you're just pulling up all these coins and I'm worried about you.
Speaker 5: It's it's going bad. It feels like you're addicted to the ring.
Speaker 1: Like, Dah, take off thring. And he's like, if you know, prove to me that you're not addicted to the ring by taking it the ring. Just take it off for a little bit and be hot. Yeah, And his dad's like doesn't even answer, just like turns his back on his son. So Duran like try to grab the ring, but then the power of the ring flows during across the room, just hurls him across the room. He goes to Desa and Lisa's like, Okay, well that's it. We have to do something. Let's chain ourselves to the mind entrance.
Speaker 2: Direct action, Yeah, baby, direct action power the people we.
Speaker 1: Take to the minds, humiliate the king.
Speaker 3: Lisa is in a situation here where like she's lost her purpose in life because now everybody's just mine is feeling there's no need for stone singers. There's also like no appreciation of the years that it took them to do the tuning and understand the rocks and keep everyone safe. Now everyone's just down in the mind finding some gold coins and obviously inevitably we know where this goes with Kuzan doom.
Speaker 1: So uh, Prince darn says, okay, well, let's die. Let's just dial back the rhetoric. That is my father, back the rectoric. Don't be chopping off this man's head. I don't know. That's no guillotines. That's my daddy. That is my dad you're talking about. Okay, So let's just I understand he's going through right now, but let's not let's not be mean rhetorically towards him. I can't go against him. And Liese says, well, you should think about your duty to the kingdom, not you're not the king. What about that? We go to Neumanor Arian tells her dad that she's like Dad, listen, according to the book, you're about to get fed to a seaworm. Ah oh, and do you hear those horns out there? That's them calling the seaworm right now? So wor I'm coming. Ellendill's like, listen, I'm not swearing period to that guy. He's like, do you understand how fine?
Speaker 3: Queen Maryel is like, do you know that there is a chance that me and Ha could be together? She reminded me to be faithful to the elves, and now I'm going to be faithful to Ha.
Speaker 1: That's right. I don't my my My loyalty is not something I sell cheaply, certainly not to fucking fucking Sizon Swoarth. The sarizon Arian Arian bags and Ellendell says, you don't know what you're talking about. You don't know about loyalty. You don't know about it. She doesn't know. That's true. He got that, like that's true. Yeah, he is as well. Okay, you will listen to me, listen to her. And then Muriel comes in. The queen says Ellendell, I order you as your queen Batney bend it too, Parison enough. We need you newman Or needs your strength, needs people like you. We're not gonna waste your life.
Speaker 2: I need you. I don't want to see you. Well here you get eaten by a sea worm. Okay, Ellendell says, well, listen, if the worm eats me, that's the will of the valor.
Speaker 1: And that's it. It's in the book. That's enough. We go to Kose Doom. The miners find Lisa standing in front of like the rock wall that they need to mine through to progress down to get more gold. They tell her to move or be moved, and then she's like no, and then she does the and they're like waiting for like an earthquake or something like is that it? And she's like no, this is it, And all of a sudden, all these avid gross bats called up from the deep come and they sweep the miners away. Duran, Prince Duran gets gets steamed up. Baby, he's a rouse. It's such a baddyow pitch, a badass. He's like he the there are hearts like floating out of his eyes and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and husband and wife then stand ready to defend the minds. It's gonna be tough too, against the whole kingdom, but like they're ready to do it.
Speaker 4: We go to newman Or.
Speaker 1: It's feeding time. Ellen Dill is getting there, getting ready to push Ellen Dale into like this feeding pool kind of thing. Muriel says, guess what you guys didn't flip through the whole book. I have read that book cover to cover, and according to that book, I can take the place of Ellendill and get eaten by the worm. Ellen is ah wa, wait, no, hold on, this is not what we're gonna don't do it, and Farizon is like, fuck, that is the law. I guess, like, okay, So Murial goes down into the feeding pool and the seaworm arrives. It drags her down with it's like really gross tentacle. It's disgusting.
Speaker 3: Okay, So the tentacle is making me wonder And I did write about this when I saw this moment in the trailer, But like.
Speaker 1: Is this the Watcher in the water?
Speaker 3: Which is like the big creature that grips up the fellowship in the Fellowship of the Ring. It's very vague what Tolkien ever said about it, apart from the fact that it had a tentacle.
Speaker 5: It's usually more by the minds of Maria.
Speaker 3: But I do wonder if we're seeing a version of it here one of the nameless things, because as soon as that technacle popped out, I'm like, oh, is that the Watcher in the water. But it's very fun because like Tolkien didn't really say anything about it or where it came from. It's just a tentacled creature. Yeah, and it almost was snapping up the boys.
Speaker 1: So this really could be it.
Speaker 3: But I'm interested to see if they're gonna get deep out, especially off to what we see next.
Speaker 1: Yes, good point. Mm hmmm. So the the seaworm drags her down. It like oppositer. It smells, it smells her, It like screams in her face. She's holding her breath for a very long time, and then it spits around. It is like that's it, no thanks, charges you're in trouble. Fabrizon. Parizon is like you gotta hide it, because you gotta hide it. You could just look directly at him and be like wow. Pharion was really mad that Miria didn't get eaten by the sea worm. Later, Pharison now desperate to rest he's he's the king, but he can't even be satisfied with the fact that there are some within his kingdom that disagree with them. He must wrest their loyalty by force from them, and so he goes to the Palanteer.
Speaker 3: Oh my godness, this is what got Maurio kicked out, bro, Like, come on.
Speaker 1: He's clearly this is not the first time nor the last time he's going to be messed around with his paler. In the palanteer, he sees the eye of Sauron gaze at him, and he also sees Souren's human form and a tar Galadil back in the Southlands admits to a game. He's like, okay, I admit it. Halbrand is Sarn and you can tell she's kind of warming up to the idea of teaming up with this Uruk guy. She's considering it, she's thinking about it. He unlocks her cuffs and she goes, okay, listen to this. Here's the here's a pitch a dar check this out. El Rod is bringing my ring who named Nenya. We find out she named her ring. Oh I would would gil Gilo has all his rings named Yes, Bob, Sally, Divia, Tom, It's just like all of them. So Elron is bringing Nanya to Aragon with the elf Army. We go to a reggaeon the Army in el Ron Free Calibrin Bore and then when they cast out Editor, well they know who they know is Halbrand. When they cast out halbrand you and I go and we kill him, and then we destroy the rings that Sarahon touched, which notice she puts that that Saron touched, She's not not my ring.
Speaker 2: Let me, Claire, I'm talking about all the other rings, not mine, not min uh. And to be clear, we have to take a break for a word from responsibility.
Speaker 4: And we're back.
Speaker 1: So Adar asks, okay, say we do that. What does that mean for the Orcs? Will the High King will Hi King Gilglad take a second to stop gazing at his rings to decree that the Orcs can live in safety. Glad Reel, very very briefly wonders, is like if this I wonder if this is a mistake to trust a dar. But then she's like, no, I think it's fine. She's like, listen, here's the thing. You don't have enough Orcs to fight sura On. And Adar says, well, that's because you're only seeing the Orcs down here, like around my tent. Come up here with me, and he takes her up to this like little rise and she sees like a vast that vast vast Orc army, just like stretching to the distance, and Adar says, okay, so thank you for telling me what are gonna do and for telling me where your ring is going to be. I'll take it from here. I have don't Colasuel says, no, no, no, no, you don't understand. This is what Sauron wants you to do. He has set this all up. He knew that you would find out from me. You betray me, You betray me, and he wants you to go there.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't go there, because that's exactly what he wants.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Adara is like, what what the fuck ever? So what if he wants that? I like you to see how many orcs I go. I'm going get this, I'm going. He blows his war horn and the Orc army moves out. We go to a reggaeon where orcs are visible now in the tree line, approaching the walls of the city. The alarm goes up. People are running chaotically to and fro, screaming. Anatar meanwhile, is like cutting his hand, like very quietly cutting his hand, clearly about to cast the spot he call businesses. Meanwhile, Calebrimble, he's at his sketch pad. He's just drawing rings and then crossing him out He's like no.
Speaker 2: And a tar comes in to be like, how's it going, Hey, how are you? And calib Brimbore is like, hey, I'm I'm working on the rings, but I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't help. But notice there seems like there's a commotion outside, screaming are we under siege? And everything good? Antis is like that, don't worry. I've as your deputy. It's under I don't worry about it. It's fine. They start arguing, gets very caddy. Anatar says, listen, hold on now. If you I'm just gonna say this, If you stop working on the man rings, I'm gonna tell everyone that you're the reason that men were defeated by Saren Like it's good wins, I'm gonna tell everybody it's kel Brimble's fault, that our one because of what you're doing right now. Kelibrinbor is like, no, I'm leaving this workshop. I want to see what's going on outside. These are my people, he storms out. As he's storming out, Anatar casts the spell that he had been working on, and Kelibrinmore finds nothing but an idyllic scene outside, kids playing drawing pictures of horses, like knitting sewing, sewing, brushing their sheep. Everything is one. I would like to be that it was as how I would like to go on a vacation.
Speaker 2: That Anatar is like, see it's it's better, in fact than the last time you came out here.
Speaker 1: You came out here like this was not looking this good. It's great. Kelibrin Boor is like, okay, that does look good, but don't forget Anatar. We're at a Mithril and antas well. Good news. I'm just back from Cosetoom. And he had and we did not see this happened so clearly he stole it. He hands kelib Brimbore a big bag of mythroll that he got somehow, we don't know how. And then he says he switches it up. Now, he says, you know, I know I was gonna snitch you out and blame you for the fall of Middle Earth. And you know what, I changed my mind. Now when people ask me, hey, did you know Keller Brimble, I'm gonna say that kellib Brimboor and his rings are the greatest thing that ever happened to Middle Earth in this age knows how to play him or any other age. And the name Calabrimbo Will Calabrimba, will lay it out through history. Keleb Brimbore, with a big smile on his face, goes back to work.
Speaker 2: And then when the illusion feeds, it's bad. The streets of a Reggaeon are are filled with panic and there now are flaming projectiles being hurled into the city streets by the orcs, and the orcs are approaching the city walls and it's it's and Editor goes up there and he's like fuck, He's like.
Speaker 3: Drinking his like Starbucks, like watching them, watching them lasage to the sea.
Speaker 1: He's like, this is fantastic. And that was episode six, a fun one. It is again it is Amazings are heating up, baby, things are literally heating up.
Speaker 5: Literally.
Speaker 1: The battle for Regaon is going to take up the last episodes of our season.
Speaker 3: And I'm definitely interested to see if they do a Game of Throne style battle next episode.
Speaker 5: And then you know finale that is.
Speaker 3: Kind of kneeling with the battle and the clean up and kind of what it lays out. Also interested to just see like how far is sour I'm going to get with this plan. I think the original season order for this when Amazon approved.
Speaker 5: It was like five seasons.
Speaker 3: I think that's already done, so we're gonna We've definitely got time.
Speaker 1: Also, will we see what are we gonna?
Speaker 4: Are we gonna see.
Speaker 3: The stranger kind of come into his own, are we? I'm very interested to know what is occurring, and there's I feel like there's some loose there's some loose threads, but I'm interested to see how they come together. Also, let's talk a little bit about obviously a fantastic super producer, Joel was asking us before kind of like what are Sourn's motivations? Because I do think this is when you're watching a big prestige TV show like this, it can be easy to kind of forget that this is like a story that's like one hundred years old. So this is the archetype that a lot of other things are built on. So like, it's not necessarily like watching The Penguin or you know, the Sopranos or whatever prestige TV that you're watching, where there's kind of this deep, complex plan, Like, so, what are sounds motivations? What is the endgame? His endgame is he just wants to be like a god king. He wants to rule over everything. He wants to subdue the people I'm rule.
Speaker 1: It's a very classic old school type villainy where he's just purely evil. He's just evil. I think the other thing is Saren is very interested, as you noted, in control, as we saw from the Lord of the Rings books, from the movies, right, Yeah, one of the most iconic visuals is Saron's eye. Saren's eye sees all, but Saren's eye. While it sees all, it also can only see all of the thing that it is looking at. He's significantly blind and trying to rule an area that is vast that he doesn't really trust anybody to govern for him. And so you know, he has the nasgool who are like his his managers that he'll send out to deal with specific things, right he doesn't have those right now. So in my mind, part of the thing with the Rings is it's a way for him to exert control over a wide area and understand and know that people are following his orders and doing his will in places that he can't directly see because he can't he can't really be there, and he can't really concentrate on or or see more than the thing that he's concentrating on at any given time, he's vastly powerful the but the the drawback of that power, of that evil power, is he has to try to be everywhere at once, And I think the rings are an attempt to be everywhere at once.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's a really good point because then he knows that his will is being spread, even if it's he can't always tell how it's going to work out. That is an option for him to feel like he's got his little feelings into mid Left. But yeah, I also I do think this is like maybe like Tolkien's response to like and I'm sure there's many Tolkien academics we've written about this, but he's in his response like industrialization as well, because it's this idea of sour on as like the evil is that he wants everything to be efficient, and he wants everyone to be subdued and just do his will and run like a perfect version of mid Earth. But he doesn't care if making Middle Earth perfect or efficient destroys like the beautiful pastoral land. So it feels very pointed in that way to me. And yeah, but he's just that he's just the evil guy who wants to be the god King of mid Earth and of the entire world. And also, you know what, he's just like a styly little villain and I love him, and I love you, Anata, and I love to watch you do this.
Speaker 5: So I can't wait to see the next two episodes.
Speaker 1: He's just such a joy to watch.
Speaker 2: And I love God King of Negging the way he's the god King of Negging. This man is a gas light, like gas light is happening at all times. He is lighting that guess, and he's telling Calibrinbot everything they needs to hear.
Speaker 1: He's setting up Old Daria Darnia to potentially come in, but I feel like maybe she's seeing through him a bit. I don't know. I have to say, I do think.
Speaker 3: That whatever complains people had of season one of this show, season two is really delivering with like a pace that is rolling like a boulder down a hill, like everything is building and building and building, and I'm really excited to see how it comes to play out for these past for these final two episodes, because also, like whatever issues people had with the first season, that reveal, even though we knew it was coming, that Hallibrand was sour on and that Galadriel had led Suran into Lindon was like such a good way to end the season. I'm very interested to see how they replicate that here, and also like are we gonna see Estrid again? And are we gonna see isildaor and Aaron Deer's kind of like growing romance. Are we gonna see Theo especially with that interesting theory you brought up. So I'm very interested to see, like how they bring these threads together, because there is a lot of stuff going on in this show, and even with these longer episodes, it's hard to get them all in. But yeah, I wanna I want to see. I want to see is the Stranger gonna come out with his little stuff? Is he gonna be doing some magic? Is he gonna remember his name is Gandalf.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be interesting to see.
Speaker 3: Also very funny that we have two shows right now with this and Agatha all along that have like characters with a name teen or Stranger where it's quite clear to us like who they are, And it's very funny that that is like the mystery. So yeah, I'm very excited to dig into this more. When we continue our coverage of Prime videos, The Lord of the Rings the.
Speaker 2: Lord Long, I'm trying to I'm trying to roll my rs in, Elvin Long.
Speaker 4: Calib on next week's episode of Excellent, Excellent.
Speaker 1: We're king of our penguin coverage, folks.
Speaker 4: It's so good, folks, Folks, you're right.
Speaker 1: Peguin is great, Vega is really good.
Speaker 4: Uh, We're gonna be king of.
Speaker 1: Our penguin coverage and diving into one of our favorite animated shows on Netflix, revisiting Scott Pilgrim Oh's sit for this episode. Thanks for listening, Bye.
Speaker 2: X ray Vision is hosted by Jason Concepcion and Rosie Knight and is a production of iHeart Podcasts. Our executive producers are Jewel Smith and Aaron Kaufman. Our supervising producer is a Boo Zafar. Our producers are Carmen Laurent and Mia Taylor. Our the theme song is by Brian Basquez.
Speaker 5: Special thanks to Soul Ruben and Chris Lord. Kenny Goodman and Heidi are discord moderator.
Speaker 1: Hey, what's up?
Speaker 2: Mike? Is his over Mariya, I talk about what's going on in a Cosadilm today. Listen. This is very close to home for me. What's going on with King Duran. Uh. He's an addict. He's an addict, Mike, and he's got to come to terms with it. He's got to hit bottom. And I don't mean the bottom where the gold is, because the bottom for him is gonna be a bow rog. Come up, my my uncle Sal. He got very addicted to scratches and he lost his house, he lost his kid's college fund, he lost the car, he lost all of his shoes, he lost his glass eye, he lost his wedd i, and he lost everything. You can go see him right now. He's on Queen's Boulevard right now, begging for begging for scratches, money for scratches. You can't get enough of it. And we tried everything, Mike. We try to do an intervention and he said, get the fuck out of here. Yeah. Anyway, I'm praying for King Duran. I hope the best for him, but he's got to hit rock bottom, Mike. He's got a hit rock bottom. Mic, I'll take my hands off the heir. Thank you,