Speaker 1: Hey, what up is jastone? You already know what's cracking? Man? We out here, We outside man, shout out the boutleg care We out here on the podcast West West.
Speaker 2: All right yo man Bootleg Cap Podcast special guests in here. His new album drops November twenty second. Yes, sir, the Definition.
Speaker 3: Of Success, Definition of Success.
Speaker 2: And this ends the series.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is the final chapter.
Speaker 2: How many is it? Four or five albums?
Speaker 3: Four? This is the fourth, the fourth year, well, the fourth this is definition.
Speaker 2: This is the fourth Definition.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like probably like the sixth seven projects since I.
Speaker 3: You know, I mean since you start.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, we got Jaystone in the building.
Speaker 3: Man, welcome Yeah, Man, I'm in here. Man, what's up? Kid?
Speaker 2: Welcome back?
Speaker 1: Man, Man, come on, man, welcome back. It's a new plaque.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got a new spot. Man were here. Hey, So talk to me, like for you, why was it time to kind of like put a bow on the series, because you're kind of known for the Definition series, Like it's something that kind of started, gave you the original idea. Fact, why put a bow on it? Why was it time?
Speaker 1: I just felt like, you know, this is the time, and you know, a point in time in my life. You feel me where I'm on some different shit. Bro, I ain't thinking the same Harry Sink the same. You feel me like I'm on some success ship. Bro, this is this is the time now, you feel me like, so that's just what I'm on.
Speaker 2: I somehow feel like when we talk about La Rap, you're always overlooked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, when they mentioned La Rap, man, they need to mention me more.
Speaker 3: You feel me.
Speaker 2: I feel like they don't. And I always tell this to people, like you've done such a great job of like like kind of just flying under the radar, becoming a millionaire off of an independent catalog, like doing shit that most rappers can't do. Yeah, dropping when you.
Speaker 1: Want, Yeah, and I'm you know, I'm good with that. You feel me like I don't really need I don't really need like props from the majors or none of that, because I'm solidified already. You feel me like real motherfucker's fuck with me, you know what I mean, Like the real cats in the industry fuck with me.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: Like so at the end of the day, it's like I ain't really looking for no validation, But at the same time, it's like, don't forget about me. I'm over here running these crazy laps.
Speaker 3: You feel me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you you're like a very much like you know at this point man, like in La hip hop, you're you're a figure man.
Speaker 1: Man, Man, don't count me out. Count me in for sure. Like add that up, y'all did the wrong total. Add that up, burn money, don't work over here, man, count that over?
Speaker 3: You feel me?
Speaker 2: I was gonna say for you, was there ever any opportunities that came up that you passed on or that you didn't decide to go with when it comes to like maybe taking a direction or step in the direction of being more on a major situation or a bigger distribution situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, damn there. You know.
Speaker 1: I didn't set I DIDNET sat with Labels bro, I didn't sat with I sat with rock Nation, you know what I mean. I sat down or a rap a lot, you know what I mean? Yeah, shout out for sure, shout out to Trade, you know what I mean, Shout out to Jay Prince. I sat down. We had a conversation. We talked about the vision you feel me, and he asked me, like what I wanted to do. He was ready to do everything that I wanted to do.
Speaker 3: You feel me.
Speaker 1: But like whoever kind of was like middle man in the situation, I don't think he knew like that they was, you know, talking the way that they was talking because I had a conversation with Jay Prince, so that wasn't the conversation we had when I talked to the you know, the middle man's and all that you feel me, so it was just something different, you feel me. So I just tried to stay independent, you know what I mean, until I can holler at the boss man you feel me myself on the boss man tip?
Speaker 2: Yeah, not, I mean that. I think that's because what are you doing? Toune core distric kid? How are you putting out your ship right now?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: I'm strictly independent.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: It's twenty five eight, no breaks, man.
Speaker 2: No, but you gotta obviously you got to music out of course. So like what service do you use?
Speaker 1: I don't use no service. I am the service is man, So you don't have it. I'm putting my ship out, man.
Speaker 2: You're putting your ship directly on the DSPs. Yeah, okay, that's great.
Speaker 1: No, I ain't doing it myself, but you know, I don't want to give away.
Speaker 2: Well because like a lot because like you know, for people who don't know, there's like distruct kid and tune corps, which in my opinion, make it very easy to be independent.
Speaker 1: For sure, let me not pay producers. Shout out the tone cor shout out the tone Core. I've been rocking with them since day one.
Speaker 2: Because you're still fully independent. All you're doing is paying them at one time feet.
Speaker 1: And giving and giving everybody what they entitled to. Yeah, you can do splits, right exactly, you can do that now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that's the one thing is like when you're an independent artist, I'm sure it can get really really like, yeah, overwhelming to get taken care of.
Speaker 3: Got to get taken care of. Feature all right, I had anything.
Speaker 2: To do, let me break you off.
Speaker 3: Here's your points, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know, but that's what the majors don't do, you know, they don't. Yeah, they rather they're rather they're rather buy your percentages out real nice checke.
Speaker 2: Well, and they'd rather like dick you around as if you're a writer or a producer. There's a reason you.
Speaker 1: Can get the same. You can get the percentages but not get the money on.
Speaker 2: And it takes forever, you know, I just saw Internet Money. The dude who runs Internet Money was saying, like, I'm gonna start calling some of these major labels out because you guys over a year past doing some of my producers like fees.
Speaker 1: Like it's like, yeah, after a while, you look around and you'd be like, man, the numbers don't add up. Some ain't adding up. The numbers ain't adding up, you feel me. But like when you when you don't see that dash board, when you really don't see the actual numbers and where they're going. You know, they say numbers don't lie, that's a lie. Numbers lie too for you.
Speaker 2: Do you notice, like because I always try to look at you know. I talked to Parico about this a little bit, but he's like, look, now that I'm independent and I'm off rock Nation, he's been leveling up because he could drop on every once and he was like, now when I drop, it's almost like the stock market, like I put some new shit out and everything else spikes up like catalog.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that's the beauty of it. Just keep on being consistent. You can't just drop a project and then wait two three years and drop another project. Like That's why I really didn't want to tell nobody because you know, motherfucker's be you know, watching how do my little shit? And yeah, you feel me, But I ain't gonna lie. As soon as the ball drop I dropped January first, I'm dropping the project. February fourteenth, I'm dropping another project. March whenever I'm dropping another project. Like, right, you've been on it, bro, I'm dropping twelve albums next year. Bro, So next year, I'm dropping twelve albums, one each month.
Speaker 2: How much music right now are you sitting on? Uh?
Speaker 3: Unlamited? Bro?
Speaker 1: I can't even really imagine how much music I got because I still got old stuff from me and Nip we did back in the day in two thousand and six and beyond.
Speaker 3: You feel me like you.
Speaker 2: Like, what do you do with that? With those records?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Just do you just keep them? Is there?
Speaker 1: You know? Me and I have always had conversations about just you know, running the music up first, running up what we got now, and then you know, just built that cat and then like introduce him to the old ship. But that was when I didn't have a crazy catalog, you feel me, So you know, yeah, I got a crazy catalog now, so we can kind of like bring up them old MySpace mixtapes and crazy yeah you know what I mean, a lot of unreleased shit.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, I was gonna say for you, like, uh, you know, we talked about the LA conversation. Who are some of the up and coming LA artists that are outside of the camp that you're just a fan of that you're just like, yo, I see what you're doing. There's there's so many new guys that are doing their thing.
Speaker 3: X Force.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna cap I'm gonna give it to us whole summer right now, because you know, a lot of motherfuckers don't want to mention his name.
Speaker 3: They don't want to really number Yeah, you feel me. And I know a lot of guys I know, yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: They see little Bro, you feel me, but they gonna act like they don't. That's what they do, you feel me. They gonna wait to something big happening and everybody else is on to it, and then they gonna want to fuck with him.
Speaker 2: But hey, he does have the song underrated for a reason because he is an underrated guy. It's so crazy, like he's doing numbers that most artist.
Speaker 1: I be feeling like that underrated should be like an understatement.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure, you know those dope have you guys got to work it all.
Speaker 1: Nah, But we be chopping up about doing music, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean he's a good kid man.
Speaker 1: It ain't nothing to do nothing. That's easy, man, Yeah, that's easy.
Speaker 2: You feel We had trade the truth up here a couple of weeks ago, and he had alluded to the fact that you guys have an unreleased project somewhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah we got we got me and Trey got music.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize because he was telling us like how he has like unreleased albums with so many people.
Speaker 1: And I was just like, damn, Like that's one motherfucker. I know that his work ethnic is crazy. Bro, Like he had dropped a project.
Speaker 2: On his phone. He's like, bro, I got album with this person.
Speaker 3: He got songs where everybody.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you heard, like you know, because he do the im owns like you know, he got he got the series of that ship.
Speaker 3: You feel me.
Speaker 2: I think he's working on a new one.
Speaker 3: I don't think you heard that one.
Speaker 2: Bro. No, he didn't play me that one, but he play me some other ship. He played me some crazy ship.
Speaker 1: You should have had him play that the latest I'm on he been see I'm saying too.
Speaker 3: No, he talked about it a little bro he got he got a lot of motherfuckers on there. Bro, they almost want to get on that.
Speaker 2: You should, someone should do like a West Coast version of that, try to unify the city.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. We need to do something because we ain't really got too much going on out here like that. You Yeah, I think we need another uh not a we are the world, but uh now do we do something like that for la? What's that record that Ice Cube did? I mean easy he did what uh he did with yo yo.
Speaker 3: He deal with.
Speaker 1: Everybody like all the rapper I feel ten minutes songs, ten minute song bro politics, Yeah, ice t you too were bringing you back outside you too because I know you got something to say. Spill some game to these youngsters, man, they need it now.
Speaker 2: I think it'd be dope too, because like you said, like you know, I think Big Sean did something like that. He had a bunch of people. He did the Detroit for Style or Cipher and it half. Yeah, there was like twelve Detroit rappers and like a lot of them that was.
Speaker 1: On his latest album, right, but did he do a video to it?
Speaker 2: No, but because a lot of the guys had issues with each other. But at the end of the day, it was kind of dope because you you might have heard songs two guys on the song that you wouldn't have that.
Speaker 1: You would have never heard before. Yeah, but see, only like people like Big Sean can do that. Everybody can't, you know what I mean. Everybody don't got pulled like that in the city. You feel me, So it gotta be somebody that you know, the city respect.
Speaker 2: That shouldn't be hard. Yeah, there's the idea. Someone go execute it all right there it is. Who's on any features on the album?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got some features on the album. We got we got on the album. Man, I got a I got Nick Bucks shout out the Nick Buck and.
Speaker 2: He just got shot too, right, Yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: He shout out to my brother. Y'all talked to him, great dude.
Speaker 2: We went to Harlem and hung out with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, real nigga, man, for sure. I got a song with him. I got a record with being Trey feel Me on the same record. Yeah, on he Town Bob. I'm always out there, so you know, I gotta show my little la h town love you feel me?
Speaker 3: What else?
Speaker 1: I got domb you and I got domb you tell me? Damn man meeting it? Hit boy and uh d.
Speaker 2: H really big hit? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Wait no hit boy?
Speaker 2: Well you said I thought you said b H yeah.
Speaker 3: Bh Oh you think I'm thinking big here? Yeah? Nah boss all yeah.
Speaker 1: I got a record with him too. I got a record with big Hit. Yeah, big hit going in. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like that energy.
Speaker 1: How motherfucker can just come home and just act like you ain't even been to jail, like you ain't didding no time. Bro.
Speaker 2: His son got all the IL beats ready to just ready to come. Bro.
Speaker 1: That reminds me of how I was when I was fresh out, you know what I mean, Like I hit the ground running.
Speaker 2: I think two is inspiring because it's like, no matter what situation you're put in, like it ain't never too.
Speaker 3: Late to like nah, it's never too late.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like this is a second like because I remember this is second go with the rap game in terms of like us seeing him because you know when.
Speaker 1: Man, a lot of billionaires didn't get that billion until it was about forty or fifty.
Speaker 2: That's facts.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, so it don't limit yourself doing nothing, man, I don't think nobody should ever limit theyself doing nothing. Sure, you gotta keep this shit going because you never know.
Speaker 2: You never know, man, Like most like you said, most people kind of hit that success stride in their forties or fifties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you gotta, you gotta, you know, you gotta kind of take his situation and kind of look at it too, like maybe he had to go through that.
Speaker 2: To get to the mental space.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could win, yeah, exactly. Now Now now now look where his look where it's focused at.
Speaker 3: Now you feel me?
Speaker 2: So tell me about this record. It's You Nip produced by hit.
Speaker 3: Boy, produce by hit Boy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's only album.
Speaker 3: It's on ALB.
Speaker 1: I'm low key ready to drop that right now, you feel me, But you know, I'll let you all wait for it.
Speaker 3: Man, let y'all.
Speaker 2: Was this a record you guys? Because I always had heard about the hit Boy Nip set. I think it was like the session that Racks in the Middle was recorded. Was this something you guys worked on when he was alive.
Speaker 3: Around that time?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's something that we worked on in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 3: You feel me and.
Speaker 1: You know, we just spiced up the beat just a little bit, right, you know what I mean, because it's twenty twenty three now, of.
Speaker 3: Course, so you know he made it make sense.
Speaker 2: I really excited anytime we got new Nipsey coming.
Speaker 3: Nah, for sure.
Speaker 2: I know last time when you came on the show, you had dropped tidbits that may or may not have gotten you in trouble about there being a Nipsey hustle.
Speaker 1: Now, I didn't give me a joe, but that shit hit the blog that went everywhere and then and then I was just the only thing.
Speaker 2: And then there was people who were like, yeah, right, he's lying, Like I'm like, bro, like if anybody would know, it might be him, Like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you feel me, Like come on man.
Speaker 1: And then all I said was like, bro, got so much music, Like, I'm pretty sure it's beshow.
Speaker 3: Gonna be another Niput?
Speaker 2: Is there an update there?
Speaker 1: I mean, shit, what's you think, bro? You don't think it's.
Speaker 2: Gonna have to be another nip album, man, because like you said, you you get so much unreleased music. It just has to be done the right way.
Speaker 1: That's the only thing is, Yeah, it ain't gonna get put out, just because because I because you.
Speaker 2: Know, right, because I almost think like when Pop passed, there was like a couple of them albums that were rough. Yo, we got to stop the interview to tell you about our folks at my bookie. That's right, man, it is betting season right now. We got football, we got basketball. NBA is underway. That boy women ya is looking crazy. Put all your money on him to win Rookie of the Year, all right, do it at my bookie right now. Go to my bookie. All right. When you sign up at my bookie, use the promo code boot Leg. Use that promo code right now, and you're gonna get a no strings cash bonus. That's right. Put your deposit in withdraw the free cash up to two hundred dollars right away. I mean, even if you don't want to bet, create an account, get an extra two hundred dollars, take it out, keep it moving, all right. But look right now, football season is getting into the thick of it, all right. I feel like the playoff picture is going to start to really kind of become a lot more clear soon, all right, yo. Shots of the Bengals. Bengals was finally getting it together. My Cardinals look like absolute dog shit, which is what I love. Nonetheless, you could bet every single weekend on my Bookie. This is about my Bookie. You could do your daily odds boosts, your same game parlays, and the crazy huge prize pool contest. Use that promo code right now on your first deposit. So when you sign up with the new account, your very first deposit, use the promo code Bootleg. This is important because you're gonna get up to two hundred dollars in cash when you use that promo code Bootleg. Claim your cash bonus right now, no strings attached. Deposit withdraw quick. There's so much going on, man, try the my Bookie money bag to grab a potential Super Bowl front runner at long shot odds plus thirty eight thousand on the Eagles and Chiefs. Man is crazy. You could bet anything anytime anywhere. They got the full service casino, going down, slots, roulette, whatever it is. If you're into it, you can gamble it, you can bet it my Bookie. Sign up with that promo code Bootleg right now. Also got to give a big shout out to the homies at my well. I already said my bookie shit. New commercial shout out to the homies over at blue Chew Man. That's right, blue Choo. Everybody always asks me, does blue Choo work? Well, don't take my word for it. Try it for free for a month by using that promo code Bootleg right now. Blue Choo has the same active ingredients as viagra and Sialis. It's all wrapped up into a blue chewable form, delivered right to your doorstep in discrete packaging. No doctor's appointments are needed, all right, You don't have to go into the doctor. Everything's online. Go to blue choo dot com. All right. Sign up with that promo code Bootleg. Get your first month for free. If your dick ain't dickon, it's time to get a dick in again. You know what I mean. You're dealing with a little rectile dysfunction. Maybe a little anxiety at work. Maybe you're stress stout. Maybe you're just married to someone you're tired of fucking. Let's be honest. Sometimes you need a little extra, you know, a little extra something something to get you over the finish line. Get that blue Choo, Baby, Blue Cheo, try the first month for free. They're gonna give it to you for free. A month's supply for free go to blue choo dot Com used the promo code bootleg right now, thank me later. Let's get back to the interview. But the first like one or two do you remember me? And then the one that had h the acoustic Thug's mansion on it was hard?
Speaker 3: Oh, which which one was?
Speaker 2: Better Days was fire? Better Days had some ship. But then there was like the ship that like he was working with like artists he would have never have worked with him when he was alive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bro, Like what was that he had like a song with eminem and uh bro eminem bit the whole album bro he produced and because you bro, you had to get used to hearing pop on em and it was.
Speaker 2: More like some mash up like ship. Yeah, that's right, it was.
Speaker 1: That's that's that's all it was, you know what I mean. Like I'm a Pock fan, I'm an M and M fan, you know what I mean. But to hear Pac on an M and M B bro, it just kind of it wasn't I wasn't ready.
Speaker 3: I wasn't ready for it.
Speaker 2: It was just it was a little weird for sure. It'd be like if it would have been dope, if like some of the og producers was working with came and took some of those stems, curated something.
Speaker 3: Did it the right way, Dazzy producing production. You know what I'm saying, that's the right way to do it. Super Fly, bring Dash super Fly in there.
Speaker 1: You feel me maybe, d Yeah, you feel me and yeah, Drake can do the mixing even Quick too quick and you feel me quick going come on, man, Quick could have did that whole album.
Speaker 2: Crazy and it would have been more. It would have been more like, uh, you know, it would have sounded like a Tupac album.
Speaker 1: Nah, I definitely would have sound quick and uh dog pound on it like crazy for sure.
Speaker 2: Man. You know it's crazy too, Like obviously you're a big pock FuG life too. Uh. It's kind of crazy to see there's finally, like all these years later, someone got arrested for his death.
Speaker 3: What's that Tupac's death.
Speaker 1: Man, that's shit crazy, bro, And then we still don't even know, we still don't even know what to believe, man, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I mean, and that's the thing is like it feels, I mean, look as like a fan. I mean, you don't want to ever see anybody go to jail.
Speaker 3: But like but why but why so long though, like like this that's why. That's what.
Speaker 1: That's what seemed tricky is like you've been hearing the same story all along, all along, all along, like whyle y'all wait, this guy was doing all these interviews and he'd been doing interview.
Speaker 2: I think I think he's done so many interviews that had finally like come a fu like bro, yeah, your time Las Vegas metros like like radar where they're like wait, this guy's wait what like we should go see if this is because because I always tell people like the Tupaca they.
Speaker 3: Probably pinched them, you know what I mean, just.
Speaker 1: To just to get some more information.
Speaker 2: Right And and to me, the Twop Biggi murders were very different, Like the Tupac murder was some retaliation ship that really wasn't didn't have it was some street ship that that popped off in one night, as opposed to like the Biggie ship was like a hit. And depending on who you listen to, like the l a p D off duty cops might have been involved, Like I don't think the LAPD wanted to solve the Biggie murder because it would have made them look crazy. The Tupac murder was just like, you know, Orlando Anderson died and that was who everybody was saying it was, you know, the guy behind it. So this dude's been doing all these interviews. Motherfuckers gotta stop to sell snitching.
Speaker 1: Bro crazy bro like people were just just just just.
Speaker 2: Literally snitch on themselves just for the views.
Speaker 3: Man, for real, It's crazy.
Speaker 1: You see you've seen that interview with No Jumper when he question and he said, he's like all right, So, I mean, you know, he didn't know how to have.
Speaker 2: He was. He was supposed to come on the show earlier this morning, but we rescheduled. I didn't know because he I didn't know. I had him come early because I don't know. I don't know LA politics. If you guys get along, I don't know.
Speaker 3: No, that's all good, you feel me.
Speaker 2: No, But you know, I don't know if I ra two La rappers in the same day.
Speaker 1: The earth is breaking out, nigga, The earth is my turf.
Speaker 3: I love that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I go anywhere, I'll walk anywhere if I run it or whoever is gonna be what is gonna be, if it's respect or respect, if it ain't it ain't you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: That clip was very funny though. You see that clip. Xport was just like Adam asked him if he was involved in some shootout on the video, and he just looked at him like this. Yeah, it's like damn, And I think you've shown like I gave you perhaps last time, like when you and t Rel did that interview on No Jumper that was like a big deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: I went, I went out of town. I was somewhere out of town. I ran in to one of his homies and shit, he like, yeah, man from whover Man, I've seen that video you deal with my homie?
Speaker 3: Feel me now?
Speaker 2: I just think that ship should be like an example.
Speaker 1: For exactly so you see, like the difference in a respect level, you feel me? Like, yeah, I think like because I told him, I'm like, you know, motherfucker's either gonna hate it or love it.
Speaker 3: He like both. He like they gonna hate it or they gonna love it. You know what I mean. Like it is what it is. But so what you feel me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just think it's like it's important to be able to show people like, you know, we can't break the cycle.
Speaker 1: And some of my homies knew who he was. Like when I let the homies know, like you feel me, like they knew who he was?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean yeah, man, you know great guy. So Louke.
Speaker 2: So next year for sure, twelve albums for.
Speaker 3: Sure, already already put it.
Speaker 1: See one thing about me once I started out all right, So I got my January album ready okay, so that's ready mix a massive ready.
Speaker 2: So we're going from November twenty second to the January.
Speaker 3: Album straight into the January album.
Speaker 2: Damn you ain't playing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I thought about it.
Speaker 1: I'm like, damn, I need to give you know, successful time to breathe, you feel me.
Speaker 3: And all that.
Speaker 1: But like you know, with the game right now, bro, the years it's gonna be a new year.
Speaker 2: Music industry kind of resets for people who don't know.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. So it's really all on like who gonna who go? Who's gonna go to hard? As soon as the bar drop? So that's why I say when the bar drop I dropped January first.
Speaker 2: Oh that's when that I'm's dropping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh ship okay right away right away? Bro, No, I ain't giving nobody no room Bro, no breathing room, Bro, I'm not playing. I love it Yeah, twenty five eight, No brakes for real man the flesh.
Speaker 2: I love it man for you have you obviously nip? You guys just did a adope show? Was it at the Roxy? You guys all did? Uh?
Speaker 1: Rock l raised a little bit more bigger than I was the rock he Lray. We was going to originally do it at the Roxy, but been too small exactly we needed we needed a little bit more expansive.
Speaker 2: But obviously he was so good at like curating artists, bringing you know, artists onto the to the team. Is that something you want to do as well? Put the CEO hat on eventually.
Speaker 3: And definitely.
Speaker 1: For sure, you know, like I said, you know when when the when the when the year dropped? I'm also going to announce you know what I mean a couple of my artists.
Speaker 2: Oh so you've already.
Speaker 1: Done I've been doing music with a yeah, because you know they they gonna drop two?
Speaker 2: And is that is that twenty five eight?
Speaker 1: It's twenty five eight? Yeah, no breaks for sure? So I got I got a good I got I got some good management going on, some marketing, you feel me? PRS Yeah, we locked in. Man, you feel me You're going to take this label ship to another level.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You had to have learned so much too, just being around everybody you've been around to where you can kind of like apply so much of the game that you've gotten over the years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got to think about it like we grew up. We grew up. We grew up watching you know, the Masterpiece, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: The the the Easy Ease.
Speaker 1: The sug Knights, the Jermaine Dupriez. You feel what I'm saying, like they have the CEO mentality. You know what I'm saying. That's why I just did the soundtrack for the movie Bomb Peace. I just saw that exactly, so you know, I grew up. You know death bro saying all the soundtracks, what above the Rim Society sound Come on, Bro.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what's going on soundtracks anymore because that soundtracks back in the day, That's.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying. So I'm trying to bring that back. You feel me like we got a good LA movie going on, all right. Let me put some LA music behind it, you feel me. Let me make the soundtrack for it. Let me grab some artists from here, from there, curating, Yeah, curiate the whole soundtrack.
Speaker 2: Nah, that's the I mean shit, the last time someone did that and killed it, I think it was Black Panther.
Speaker 1: Black Panther, Kenchamar killed that. Man, shout out, that was a good album. Sob RB on there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Mazzi was on there.
Speaker 3: Mazzi was on there. I'm like, oh, yeah, we're looking good. Yes.
Speaker 2: And that was like twenty seventeen or eighteen like so like it was I was like, finally Mazzi is getting like a look.
Speaker 1: And that was like that was like it wasn't a Kendrick Lamar album, but that.
Speaker 2: Was like it was about as much more.
Speaker 3: He didn't put out an album. You have to be like, alright, it was.
Speaker 2: Kind of like Eminem's eight Mile. It was like, it's kind of like Eminem. This is about as close to eminem album as you can get. Like Kendrick's fingerprints all over the album.
Speaker 1: That A Mile soundtrack was crazy.
Speaker 2: Hi. Man. Also want to give a shout out to our family over at King Pom Baby. You already know, man, we always stay King pommed.
Speaker 3: Up over here.
Speaker 2: It's the only thing we're smoking. You know what I love about King Pom. So many flavors, so natural, organic, tobacco free leafs. This is how we're smoking at the Bootleg keV podcast. And like, let me just say this, dude, like all shapes and sizes, you know what I mean. Like, let's give you a little variation of the type of king Poms you can get down with, you know, just different shapes, different sizes, natural, organic, tobacco free, a clean smoke if you will. This is the Honeyberry, which might be my new favorite. I do love the the energy drink one. The red rain is fire, all right, but listen, if you want to get down with some of these king Poms, trust me when I say, man, they're the best way to smoke. First of all, you can go to your local liquor store seven to eleven. All that they got King Pom's all right, so go pick something up, or you can go to their website now. If you go to their website kingpom dot com, go to Kingpalm dot com, use the promo cod Bootleg right now and you can say fifty percent off at kingpom dot com half off whatever you want. What are we smoking? This is the uh the orange Swirl? What's dope about King palm is. They have like the flavor, the terpene infused tips. So like, let's say you got this one right, You got some of that orange swirl you feel me, you load it up, put your weed in there or whatever your tobacco, and then in the tip you pressed down on that thing and you're getting hit with all that flavor. All right, So go to Kingpom dot com use the promo cold Bootleg right now, get half off, or just go to your local liquor, go to your local seven to eleven and run it up with some King Palms. Also want to give a shout out to our family at odd Socks. Man, don't forget get you some odd socks in your life. Go to odd Socksofficial dot com right now. Holiday season's coming. They make great gifts, man, we can do so much. They got the et you, I mean, you got the draws. If y'all e't know, odd socks making underwear now and they're more comfortable than now all the other underwear brands. So let me be honest with you, all right, they got all the licenses. How about top Ramen underwear. Let me just take a peek at these bad boys. See what we got here the Ramen draws. Baby, What how about some Mountain dew code red socks or you know what, how about this? How about we keep the soda theme going. We got Mountain du Baja blast. Oh wait wait wait wait wait wait, we don't want either of those. We'll keep the soda theme going. What about some orange crush socks? Well, what if you're fat like me? You like chocolate Hershey's they got wwe Breaking bad, Godfather good, I mean, just all of the damn things Power Rangers. All the licenses go to odd socks Official dot com. Use the promo code Bootleg right now, and you will save twenty percent off odd Soxofficial dot Com promo code boot Leg save twenty percent off your total order right now. Let's get back to the interviews.
Speaker 1: Who crazy that shit puts some motherfuckers on the map. I ain't gonna lock that was on there, That's what I'm saying. That was one of my favorite albums. I mean songs bro like I had just got out of I had just got out of jail.
Speaker 3: Bro, they just released me.
Speaker 1: They're like, hey, you're going home, so right when they call my name, you feel me I'll took a pics. I'm washing my hands. I get jumped on my way out.
Speaker 3: You feel me.
Speaker 1: Somebody from moving, somebody from Inglewood. They jumped me on my way out.
Speaker 3: You feel me? It was cool. I wasn't tripping. You feel me like it wasn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it wasn't nothing like I laughed on my way out, like good looking.
Speaker 3: You feel me? Feel me?
Speaker 1: So as soon as I came home, Bro, you know what was playing with Wayinster Bro feel me? So, I'm like, oh yeah, this something for the streets. That great, So you gotta think about it. The streets was It wasn't nothing for the streets around that time. It was and yeah, and even though you had Snoop at that time, like Snoop was still doing Snoop was fucking with Pharrell.
Speaker 3: Pharrell was elevating his sound.
Speaker 2: You feel me so like Snoop wasn't doing like like Gangster Ship at the time, he was doing like big hit records. He was doing dropping like a Tide and beautiful.
Speaker 1: In two thousand and two, we was in the streets, bro, We was in the streets. So anything that related to us we gravitated too.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: That's why the streets ate all that gu on the ship up, brocause niggas was really in the streets two thousand and two.
Speaker 3: It was really we was.
Speaker 2: Outside for we're people like in LA because I didn't live in l A at the time. But when like fifty in the game had their split, did like LA fans choose up? Bro.
Speaker 1: It's funny that you brought that up, bro, because I remember one time we was out, Me and Nip was supposed to open up my mob d you know what I mean, And we had just seen game like fifteen minutes before we went to the hotel. You feel me with them, so we just chopping it up about music whatever.
Speaker 3: Boom.
Speaker 1: So we get to the Higher Hotel, you know that's across the street from the House of Blues. You know yeah, Mob Deep had a show. That's when they was signing the gu and you feel Me. So they had a show at the House of Blues and me and it was opening up for our Deep. So you know, we was fucking with this manager dude named mad and you know he was linked in with them.
Speaker 3: You feel me.
Speaker 1: So we go to the hotel. We up and there, Bro, it's like it's like fifty niggas from New York.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: All in the hallway, you feel me. They get a call, like a game downstairs.
Speaker 3: You feel me.
Speaker 1: So these niggas go downstairs. They like a hundred deep. Now, I'm like, goddamn niggas coming out of hotel rooms everywhere. Bro, niggas marching downstairs, like you feel me. So you know it was just like a little standoff or whatever. You feel me. I tell Nip, I'm like, hey, Nip, what's up, nigga?
Speaker 3: What you want to do? Like, because you see what's going on? He like, you feel me?
Speaker 1: We just gonna we just gonna do us, bro. Like Gang walked up to me. He like he asked me, though he didn't ask, Nip. He asks he asked me. He like, hey, y'all with them niggas. I'm like, no, I'm with the sixties. Like he still remember that shit still to this day. You feel me like, like, Nigga, I'm with the sixties. He's like all right for sure, and then he walked away. You feel me. Then Sug pull up. Sug pull up in a red Beamer jump out. He walked right up the Nip.
Speaker 3: He like, Nip, what up?
Speaker 1: He like shit, you know, you see what's going on? He like, shit, Nigga, what's up?
Speaker 3: You feel me? And then and then Nigga, the police pull up.
Speaker 1: So yeah, soon the police shut Yeah you pull up and hopped out Bro in the middle of traffic. Bro on subset and the red Beamer Nigga with the red tints jump out, like what's happening?
Speaker 3: Like you feel me?
Speaker 1: But he walked right up. He walked right up to me and nip you feel me? Like, what's up? He like shit, you know I left, sug know was going on? He like, Nigga, what's up?
Speaker 3: You feel me?
Speaker 2: What Sugar? They're like on behalf of game? Or was he there on behalf of.
Speaker 3: Man on behalf of whatever we said? It was on? Like he understood the assignment.
Speaker 2: You feel you guys have a good relationship with Sugar.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, yeah, hell yeah, he'll see me and nip out a lot.
Speaker 3: You feel me.
Speaker 1: He has slide us a few bucks, you feel me to go fuck with them in different clubs and ship.
Speaker 2: Shout the Sugar man shot you just starting podcast?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I'm fucking with it.
Speaker 2: It's called the collect Calls, I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, shout Sugar yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm like, more people need to do podcasts from jail if they.
Speaker 1: Can, if they can, Max B come on, man, you know I got a record with Max B.
Speaker 3: Right yeah, oh that's hard. Yeah the wave God shout for sure.
Speaker 2: I think he'll be out soon too.
Speaker 3: Saying that, Yeah, he come on.
Speaker 1: You always got to have faith, man, because even even even even even if the outside thinking you or anybody thinking you can't, come on, have that faith, bro, You're gonna come on for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He's got a voicemail on a Kanye album.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so major shot.
Speaker 2: Hey, Max a lot man.
Speaker 3: Come on. Yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: As far as with that, far as with the harmonizing in your music, for sure, Like he was.
Speaker 2: Like one of the first dudes man, like for real, it was like that was considered a rap. Obviously T Pain was around, but like exactly the real like I mean, Bone Thugs, the Ogs.
Speaker 3: I got number one when harmony Yeah, but like.
Speaker 2: Just in terms of the street ship, it was like really like Max B was probably I mean he was before a Future is, before all those guys. Yeah.
Speaker 3: In fact, he was.
Speaker 2: Doing a lot of that ship early man. Yeah, shot to him. Man, all right, So the new album's coming out on the twenty second, and then you're dropping on.
Speaker 3: The first, dropping on the first, bro.
Speaker 1: So we got two albums on may Back Music January first. Soon as a bar drop I dropped. So that's the name of the album, may Back Music, No may Back Season, I said, back music, Yeah, shouts the Rick Ross shot the Ross back season, may Back Season.
Speaker 2: You ever regret buying your Mayback?
Speaker 1: I thought about it, and then I'm like, nah, I don't what's the insurance payment on that thing? You know, just a little pretty penny, you feel me? But it was times while I was ryding with no assurance what Rick Ross saying, I'm like, Hi, nigga got all these m's and Ryan with no assurance, Nigga, no tags. But I know what that feel like, bro, trust me, I know, I know, I know what it feels like.
Speaker 3: You feel me, you got it?
Speaker 2: You don't have it? So you've written with no insurance on the Maybe.
Speaker 1: I've had before a year, That's fucking yeah, I have before in La. But I'm glad it didn't cost me. For sure, glad it didn't cast it.
Speaker 2: Is the Mayback heavier than six thousand pounds? It's not, is it. I'm just thinking for tax persons.
Speaker 1: But see, but no, but see, you gotta think about that too, for bulletproof purposes too, because I know you want to throw that on there.
Speaker 3: You feel me?
Speaker 1: But like that motherfucker, it's gonna be heavy.
Speaker 2: Shout out to uh to the Mayback Man, So Mayback season The first Definition of Success November twenty second.
Speaker 1: Yeah, November twenty second Definition of Success. The final chapter were closing it out.
Speaker 2: Nipple be on their bun be traded Truth, I Forgot.
Speaker 3: Nick Bucks.
Speaker 1: Exhibit exhibit and Butch Cassidy on the same record, You feel Me sounds great.
Speaker 2: That sounds like two thousand and two.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying, you feel Me. I had to give them that classic.
Speaker 2: West Coast Cassidy. Man, Can you hear that?
Speaker 1: I had to give them that West Coast Cassidy on the podcast Classic Vibe.
Speaker 3: Yeah man, get.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bro, because you know they got they got stories, Bro, They didn't been around the game.
Speaker 2: The fool's voices are so hard.
Speaker 1: I just want to know what it was like behind the scenes in them studio sessions, bro, because the music, you know, the music was good.
Speaker 2: You hear those guys were very much like a big part of like post death throw Snoop albums.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure, you know, because I felt like when when when when when Snoop wasn't working with like Dazz and Superfly, he would go work with them and get that sound too, You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: What was that to do? Nocturnal was hard too?
Speaker 3: Yeah, not turn it was hard man, not turn Man.
Speaker 2: Damn out to l a man, love love, And we gotta work on one of these. We are the world LA.
Speaker 1: Records, That's what I'm saying. Man, we gotta, we gotta, we gotta lift each other up.
Speaker 3: Man. We can't let a slip like that for sure. You know.
Speaker 1: Ain't nobody else letting their slip. We can't let our slip. All the politics funk, all that bullshit, my nigga, I.
Speaker 2: Love that attitude. Uh, there's gonna be a.
Speaker 3: Lot you lot attitude, but man power to it.
Speaker 2: Hey, we'll see if it works out. Twenty twenty four, you're gonna be getting flooded with Jay Stone.
Speaker 1: Flooded for sure for sure. And they better they better recognize it. They're gonna like they don't see it, ek me, but they're gonna have to.
Speaker 3: They're gonna have.
Speaker 2: To buy all your albums on iTunes when you drop.
Speaker 3: They're gonna have to give me minds bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I always like to make sure you cop the fucking album on iTunes.
Speaker 3: Yeah it helps, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: All the streaming ship Spotify is doing cool.
Speaker 1: You feel me with like Jay Cole said, man, he don't know who the fuck buying all them damn albums, but shout out to the people that are doing it.
Speaker 2: You feel me like, I appreciate you pulling up Jaystone new album Away.
Speaker 3: West West Man, Boom fire Yo.
Speaker 2: We're wrapping up an interview, man. Of course, we want to shout out to our family at Hardean Baby Hardean, Las Vegas, celebrating their seventh birthday this month, So happy birthday to Hardean. I want to give a shout out to the whole family over there. When you're in Las Vegas, you got to pull up to Harden and tell them that the Bootleg cap podcast says you they're gonna take care of you. It is the craziest selection of premium cannabis in the country, all under one roof. You walk in and it's just a five beautiful bud tenders, amazing smoke. Just the illis merch. You know what I'm saying. Hey, it's right in Las Vegas, right in Sin City. So you land in Vegas, you're about to go gamble with your boys. You get into that cab, you say, take me to Hardean. They're gonna know exactly where to take you. All right, shout out to Hardean, go follow them Harden Underscore Las Vegas, or go to the website Hardeanlasvegas dot com