Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Carol Masser along with Tim Stenwick. Let's get to some stocks on the move on this Wednesday. Bloomberg News Equities reporter Carmen Reinikey is in the house, and you've got to talk about Nvidia first and foremost.
Speaker 4: Right, we're seeing a really big reaction to these earnings, and obviously, you know, these are the numbers that the entire street was waiting for, and at least in the short term, this is a really positive reaction. It seems like a vote of confidence. It could really reinvigorate some of the AI trade that we've seen, you know, the group becomes so much more skeptical about in the last few weeks.
Speaker 1: We're speaking about this after the market has closed, when video shares are moving higher in the after hours. Carol mentioning earlier on our program today that the effect that it's having on the greater trade too, seeing the socks hire, seeing competitors to in video hire, seeing some of those neo cloud companies higher as well, so when in video moves, a lot of other companies move to Yeah.
Speaker 4: Really everything moves. I mean even QQQ is up almost one percent after hours. You know the weight of this stock is just so significant.
Speaker 1: Well, sticking with technology, Palo Alto Networks PA NW in the after hours, that's the ticker.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we're seeing this one not have such a good reaction. Shares are down about three percent. It looks like earnings over all sort of beat expectations, but it seems like what investors are probably reacting to here is the company saying that it would buy Chronosphere. This is a next generation observability platform for three point three five billion, and so this is supposed to boost its AI enabled cybersecurity offerings. And this is It's pretty typical to see stocks fall after they announce acquisitions. So I think that that's what's happening right right now with Palo Alto.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly right.
Speaker 3: The acquirer you tend to see under some pressure, as you mentioned PA and W Palo Alto Networks down in the aftermarket. Let's go to some stocks that you had your ion during the regular session, and that includes Block.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Xyz we were watching today. It popped after the company said that it expects profit growth to accelerate over the next three years. So it had an analyst day today. This was the actually the top performing stock on the S and P five hundred basically for twenty twenty six. It's forecasting seventeen percent gross profit growth year over a year, and this is it just marks an acceleration for this this kind of growth growth gross profit growth.
Speaker 3: So don't say that five times fast.
Speaker 4: I know, it's a really difficult one to get out.
Speaker 1: I'm not even going to say it once.
Speaker 3: I no, exactly, and you got to mention alphabet. This was certainly on my watch list. This one definitely an app performer in today's session, and I believe this was among your top gainers in the major indices.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so, go ogg No, googol. Been a long day.
Speaker 5: It's been a long day. No, you're in good company. We feel you so quickly. Yeah, it's a three percent. This is yet another record high closed. So this stock has just really been on a tear and a lot of things have been going well for Google lately. So it seems like the most recent is because of its Gemini AI model. It's just getting brave review reception.
Speaker 2: Right the Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.