Speaker 1: Well, that was fun. Did you enjoy yourself?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: What was your favorite hour of the five and a halfs? All round up to see?
Speaker 4: After six?
Speaker 1: After six, dinner and a drink?
Speaker 4: After six was six or six o'clock came and went.
Speaker 1: That was fun.
Speaker 4: Though it was, it wasn't bad because there were so many things that happened. There was a lot of action that was happening, so I didn't mind it. You know, the big name I guess was Ali Ruchman, who got who went yesterday? Other than that, there wasn't a ton of huge names, which we've come to expect. Every GM is so risk averse. They're so worried about trading their third best prospect because seven years from now he might be an All Star and then they might say, oh, you didn't win the World Series, but you traded Joe Schmoe for this guy and you made a run for it. So it doesn't surprise me. But there was a lot of action. There was a lot of smaller trades, a lot of teams helped themselves. We went all through it. There's a million clips of us talking about all the teams with the million different people. So it was it wasn't as bad. Let me say this, It wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna because I was like, oh, nothing happens, We're to look at Scott for five hours.
Speaker 1: I thought nothing was going to happen.
Speaker 3: Last year we had thirty some odd trades, and then this year I think we might have even gotten to forty.
Speaker 4: But there are some years where there's been like five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think those days are over because also everyone trades are free agents that and unless the're.
Speaker 4: Going to give them a qualifying offer, that's the only way they don't get traded.
Speaker 3: The other part of the equation is that they all wait until the last twenty four to thirty six hours.
Speaker 1: I think it used to be a little bit more spread out.
Speaker 3: You think, yes, now they need a deadline to get their homework done, and they did. Many teams did their homework real quick before we get to winners, losers, and snoozers. Great day on the show yesterday and for the network if you would like to subscribe while you're watching right now, that'd be awesome. FT yesterday close to one hundred k on the live show and about three quarters of a million views in the last week on the FT content, not the whole network, just talking about the ft YouTube channel, the network itself obviously blowing past all of that too. Over thirty shows and a Trek Scoogble shirt. I'll show you another shirt later on in the show too, but we are able to roll out those player shirts available now at foul Territory shop dot com by the way, exactly, so get your shirt while it's hot, Terrek Schouble, Dodgers or you know, if you're not a Dodger fan, you want to do something to the shirt. I'm not telling you what to do with your life, all right, ready to charge, Let's charge out. The Athletic will help us here with MLB trade deadline rankings, winners, losers, and snoozers.
Speaker 1: We're gonna start with winners.
Speaker 3: I know you love snoozers, and there are many of them, so do not touch that dial.
Speaker 1: But let's start with this one.
Speaker 3: Andy mccallis, stephen Nesbit, Grant Brisbee putting this together on the Athletic and we're going to show you the big board winners first, Red Sox and Cubs right up there. Those were the two that you and Kratz brought up right away when we got to the end of the Trade Deadline show on Monday. The Angels are listed here for trading some pieces. Why wouldn't they be winners? I just saw your face smirk a little bit. You have to consider the context.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, I'm not smirking a you're okay with this? I was just thinking like Krats. I also said the Cubs and the Red Sox were big winner.
Speaker 3: So I said you and Kratz. I said you, and Kratz at the end of the show said I didn't. I'd never forget about you. You're sitting too close to me for me to forget Boston and Chicago. The Cubs winners along with the Angels, the Dodgers, of course, was Scoogle. The Phillies filled needs in the bullpen and with the Louisa Rise. Yeah, the it wasn't as conventional as what we thought they were going to do, but it was the thing.
Speaker 1: The Padres picked up two starters.
Speaker 3: I think that was huge case and Robbie Raight can pitch playoff games for you. The Giants were able to unload and pick up a number of prospects. It's tougher to give wins to team.
Speaker 4: The Blue Jays. I really liked what the Blue Jays did because they were planning there. Know they're not winning this year, but they made moves to get better for the next year or two. And I thought that was really smart. With what the Blue Jays did, I really liked what they did.
Speaker 1: Two long term starters, Jose Soriano and Spencer Arroghetti.
Speaker 4: M h, and you already have your Savage, you already have DEALNC. So there's four or five already covered.
Speaker 3: And I get how they put four sellers on here as winners. The Angels, the Giants, the Cardinals, and the Nationals. To me, it's hard to grade those as easily until we see what the prospect package looks like long term. But this is a world of instant gratification, so we'll give those teams some wins losers. They have the Diamondbacks, the A's, the Orioles, the White Sox, the Tigers, the Brewers.
Speaker 1: The Mets, and the Yankees. Let's run through this.
Speaker 4: Diamondbacks didn't do much. Yeah, they got newke.
Speaker 1: Bar, so shouldn't they be more in the snoozer category?
Speaker 4: Yeah? And A's definitely should be in the snoozers. They didn't do anything. They were the only team that didn't make a trade, right, a major league trade.
Speaker 3: I believe, So I'm going to go through because they're backing this stuff up, right, So they're like, sure, the Diamondbacks got large new bar, they were going to need a lot more run prevention to compete in this wild card situation. Okay, So then to me, that's a snoozer. So we're going to have to go over the definition of loser versus snooze.
Speaker 4: They didn't do anything, they said, Yeah.
Speaker 3: They didn't do anything, So aren't they the prime snoozer loser?
Speaker 1: I mean, sorry snoozer.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Orioles only lost because they they lost their guy who they thought was going to be their franchise face and catcher in Adlee Retchman. Well, no, and they didn't trade Rogers, Like, what's you're playing? What's the that's kind of thing. That's why, because the fans are like, what are we doing? Are we trying or not trying?
Speaker 3: This is something that I've been saying for years now. And I went on a radio station in Baltimore. The fan there right before the trade deadline and was in fear that they were going to do this again based on public comments from front office.
Speaker 1: We'll see what the market's offering us.
Speaker 3: So your whole life is just based on what the market's offering you. You need to make an internal decision first on what you're doing as a ball club. They more sold, of course than bought, but it's just strange to not all out sell. So you're like, I'm going to kind of sell and that includes someone who's a free agent after this season, and Trevor Rodgers I agreed.
Speaker 4: So I don't know that one's and here's the next one. The White Sox losers. They're more in the They got a starting pitcher, they got a reliever, they got a catcher, and they got an outfielder.
Speaker 1: I don't I think they're winners.
Speaker 4: I don't know why. Maybe because it wasn't gigantic names that they thought they were going to get. But I didn't think that they were that it was an awful for the White Sox. I thought they actually maybe because they didn't go get a huge name. But I thought they did well for what they were And there were some more things I heard in the fire. But the price is so high that they weren'ting to match it.
Speaker 3: And that's fine that they pinned the losing on the fact that they took on so much Luis Casill.
Speaker 4: That I agree with. That was a surprise. They took on him next year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they took on about thirty million bucks for a team that's got a baby payroll right now.
Speaker 4: That's in a big market. So next time someone tells you the White Sox are a small market team, go look at Chicago. How big big Chicago is. I was there last weekend. Yeah, it is not a small city.
Speaker 3: But I actually I think I still think they're winners. Right, you're able to fill a rotation spot. We don't have the Brosman.
Speaker 4: They've got a gold glove centerfielder in Doyle, and they got a right handed hitten catcher. Now, was Joey Bart the greatest thing ever? No, but he's serviceable.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: For parents looking for a new path to help your child succeed this year, there's still time to enroll in K twelve powered online schools. K twelve powered schools offer tuition free, accredited online public education for students in kindergarten through twelfth grade. Todfather take it Away.
Speaker 2: Stride is a wonderful option for anybody that's always on the run. I mean, look at myself from playing baseball to helping out a lot of people. Stride is fantastic for your child to be homeschool. They will love it no matter what.
Speaker 3: K twelve's dedicated teachers are trained in virtual instruction, and they provide real time support, all in an online setting that works for your family at home or anywhere that there's internet. If you're on the go, it could be for you. It's not too late to enroll this fall. See how K twelve powered schools can help your child thrive this year and beyond. Enroll online today at K twelve dot com slash foul. That's the letter K, the number twelve dot com slash foul. K twelve dot com slash foul. K twelve serving three million students and counting. So I disagree there on the white side. I disagree on the Mets too. Why are they losers if some of those other teams that sold are winners.
Speaker 4: I mean, maybe they didn't get the prospect.
Speaker 3: They got a guy in that cub's trade, which was a short term trade, who instantly goes to either one or two depending on the prospect.
Speaker 1: Ward you're looking at Jefferson Rojas.
Speaker 4: Now the Tigers are losers just because they lost school. But they didn't trade Glaber. They didn't. I mean they trade they lost school in maze, yeah, but they didn't get Glay. Maybe it's their losers because they didn't get the right prospects back or it could have got more.
Speaker 1: Maybe, but man, the Medicans bothered me.
Speaker 3: They're cherry picking here because they're saying, like the Mets season was the loser. But that doesn't have to do with the trade deadline here.
Speaker 1: Yankees.
Speaker 4: Yankees needed a reliever in a right handed hitting catcher. They got neither one. They got a right handed hitting alfielder and a left hand hitting first baseman.
Speaker 3: The they are knocking like, yeah, they didn't trade all their rentals. The Tigers just catching up to you as we go here, and they said the return, you know, it was obviously okay for school, not world breaking.
Speaker 1: What was the last one you said? The Yankees?
Speaker 4: The Yankees needed a catcher, ray han hitting catcher and a bullpen piece, and they got a left handed hitting first baseman and a ray handed hitting outfielder.
Speaker 3: See for me, I feel like there's got to be a little bit of a middle category. Like I don't know, I don't think it's a loser. The worst thing about them right now is their offense, and they actually have starting pitching that that can eventually turn into bad pen. Those guys can turn into bullpen pieces. They got like eight starters, so some of those guys are going to go to the pen, and their offense is much better than it was a few days ago. Luis Garcia homering in his.
Speaker 4: Their bullpen game.
Speaker 1: No, but their bullpen in October is going to look very different.
Speaker 4: Did you see chaviv Chavi shivally shiv ye shiva ye at a bad inning that's going to go home out.
Speaker 1: Of context right there? You know, the ft out of context clips.
Speaker 4: I know we had, we had them this weekend and Adam Amin had to say like seven times before wayo and I would say.
Speaker 3: It not easy, uh for me? Yeah, Milwaukee definitely deserves to be on there. I think we've done enough there to say this was your year to strike. You got some nice pitching pieces, but is it enough? Snoozers of the deadline, Huge List, Braves, Reds, Guardians, Rockies, Astros, Royals, Marlins, Twins, Pirates, Mariners, Raise Rangers, whoa.
Speaker 4: Okay, Guardian's got a good really good All Star starting pitcher and a guy Joeydell who's supposed to be a star for years. The Braves, Okay, I get the snoozer. Marlins traded away one of their best players. The Mariners got Taylor Ward. Pirates did a lot actually, I mean not big names. Look we were then Camillion.
Speaker 1: The Wavers great, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Twins tried, Rangers didn't do much. Raise got an impact bat and impact starter. How are they snoozers?
Speaker 1: Yeah? See.
Speaker 3: The problem to me is if you don't like their moves, then you can put them in the losing category.
Speaker 1: For me, win losing snoozes.
Speaker 3: They snoozing category is you didn't do anything like the A's Yeah right, or I would put the Braves in there. Yes, it's pretty close to not anything. For most of the rest, it's like it's win or loss. You can't say that the Pirates didn't do anything. They picked up how many relievers three? Yeah, you can't say the Rays didn't do anything. You can say you didn't like what they did.
Speaker 4: Mean plton In Hicks, I I just pretty good players.
Speaker 3: I think for raised purposes that was a win. Should they have pushed harder for schoobl Sure, but we could say that with the entire league right now, you know, And that's what's in here. They had the prospects to land Schooble.
Speaker 4: Okay, but so did like every other team, and they didn't do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they got Freddy par Alton and Liam Hicks is going to help bring some contact. And so I think in conclusion we disagree with the context here of the article.
Speaker 4: Yes, well, we disagree with the definition of how they picked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, snoozing is sleeping and doing did not snooze.
Speaker 1: They picked up a starter and the starting outfielders, the guardians. That's not a shoes. That's a.
Speaker 4: Hell of a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a win, should be win, Okay.
Speaker 4: I don't know what they wanted them to do.
Speaker 1: Go get schoobl again. You could say that about everyone here.
Speaker 3: As we get further away from the trade deadline, AJ gets more and more excited to talk about some game stuff.
Speaker 4: Oh, actually, can't talk about a baseball game.
Speaker 1: No, we're gonna do a lot of that soon, now, you know. No, I'll give you a little taste.
Speaker 4: There were just a baseball show, not a trade show.
Speaker 3: Well, they go hand in hand sometimes, And over the weekend there were two ejections that I think stood out. Skip Schumacher getting into it with Todd Tishner, but then hold up, God Bless America and back to arguing, and then Don Kelly over the weekend as well about the field conditions this weekend, there were some messy field conditions situations where we're like play on and I was like, wait, but tornado, lightning, thunder, and they're like, no, play on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Skips Schmarker. At least they respect the flag. They stopped and that was cool. God Bless America. And then then then he proceeded to get a joke. Did you think they were whispering to each other? They're like.
Speaker 3: M might have had his mind on his posts. God Bust America.
Speaker 4: Attack planing fine, and then Don Kelly, Yes, that was a bad field and I understand why he didn't want to get anyone injured. But we also forgot Steven Vote where they fought while the tart was on the Fieldwa Tala.
Speaker 3: Bunt tried to Bunta off of said it was the team, right, Okay, fine.
Speaker 4: He asked, They said, yes, Well that's why Steven Vote was going after Tawa Tory. Leavello are we still doing that? You are getting Mine was always the sixth inning. This was only I think in the fifth inning, right after the sixth To me, I think after the six is when it gets to a point. And plus the game has to be more than two runs for me, if it's one or nothing.
Speaker 1: It was two to nothing, Okay, there has to be a little.
Speaker 4: Bit more because here you can bring the tying run to the plate that stopped, like when Ben Davis did it against Kurt Schilling. I was that one kind of got me just because it was the ninth inning, and I know he brought the tying run of the play, but it's the ninth inning now, it's not the fifth of the sixth, and was still plenty room. In my opinion, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Hey, we're about to talk Brewers and the aftermath from not getting school, some thoughts from them and from the Tigers in terms of actual quotes before that, while we have a couple of minutes here, did you see miss calling out Angel Stadium saying how.
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: But he was pissed and forget just pitching, well the injury concerned that he brought.
Speaker 1: Up yah of the mound. No, yeah, I mean you've probably heard that all the time from pitchers he worked with.
Speaker 4: Mound sucks. I can't. Uh, there's one picture I played with very famous name. I'm not going to use his name, but he couldn't pitch in ballparks in the division we were in, and I'm like, you're in the division, dude, You're gonna have to go here a lot in your career. Because he didn't like the mound. He didn't like that he felt it was.
Speaker 1: Like, did he figure it out?
Speaker 4: Huh?
Speaker 1: Did he eventually stop complaining where he always was pissed out?
Speaker 4: He stopped complaining apparently because he's still pitching, so not m Maybe maybe he's pitching, but uh, if you know what I'm talking about, you'll get why I said that. Yeah, but missus stride was so long, That's what he said. They don't fix that part of the mound, so they're not used to a guy that tall getting that much extension.
Speaker 1: That's normal. They do more moundwork.
Speaker 3: When you watch miz like, you often will see more mound work happening because it's a different spot there.
Speaker 4: I hope he never pitches in Toronto because the mount in Toronto is like seven foot high, so he might actually get altitude sickness because he goes that.
Speaker 1: Fot down pitch. Has he not pitched there yet?
Speaker 4: I don't know if he has or not, But yeah, that was always the running joke in Toronto was I always said, and we've had this conversation. I always had to go to the rubber because if you stand down in the bottom, get a criock in your neck because you're like, hey, I pitcher.
Speaker 1: Is much higher.
Speaker 4: They said it wasn't, but I swear it was. Maybe we just.
Speaker 1: Felt that way a perception of I don't know, it just felt.
Speaker 4: Like you were like in Roy Holiday, You're like hi, roight hi when he was pitching to you, because it was like you're like, whoa man, it looks like he's.
Speaker 1: Way up there with roof open or closed? Does matter, same thing? Okay, didn't matter.
Speaker 3: That park does feel big where Toronto the big ballpark feels big.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they did a really good job of it, but it Yeah, it's great. They fixed it up nicely. It's really it's much much better than what it was. Much but it's like a million percent improvement.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But I've never heard anyone really complain about Anaheim though, because Anaheim is Anaheim La San Diego are perfect. Usually when you go there, I mean perfect, The grass is perfect, the mound is perfect, the infield's perfect because they don't have bad weather to do. That's the first time for them.
Speaker 1: Back to game mode.
Speaker 3: Tuesdays me and every team is playing, and nine times out of ten they're all night games. So you're listening now and you think it's nice or in a chill a little bit tonight at a ball game. Seek can help you out territory ten for tempers off MLB tickets. What would you like to witness the time?
Speaker 4: It's simple or schools first started Wrigley. I mean, I don't want to go to Wrigley.
Speaker 1: It's a hot ticket.
Speaker 4: I don't want to go to Wrigley.
Speaker 1: But for that you would?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Can I can? I only if they let me sing the seventh.
Speaker 1: Inning stretch one day? They will No.
Speaker 4: I keep trying, but now I keep deying, like.
Speaker 1: I could get the descibel level so loud at your ball.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine the pop I would get if you let me do it.
Speaker 3: It might be louder than the booze that Kyle Tucker received last night.
Speaker 1: Do you know what was?
Speaker 3: Hey, you're a big leaguer you get paid a lot of money to perform. He has not been living up to contract expectations. So when that happened and we posted about it, and I go to check out the comments, it's a bunch.
Speaker 1: Of Dodger fans in there going we're booing too. They're like, we're pissed.
Speaker 4: What is he one hundred because of the luxury tax? Is like one hundred million dollars player?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh something like that.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's crazy. He's not having a good year. Stuff happens. And by the way, the other game I would want to go to is Pie Dre's Diamondbacks because of his playoff implication. No, I take that back. The socks, the battle for the socks, right, that socks, the white socks. Infanway, sit on top of the monster.
Speaker 3: At least debut maybe tonight thought he's hurt. Oh crap, I forgot he's hurt.
Speaker 4: Nice kidding, ha ha. Watch million hit one to me on top of the green Monster. Catch it not throw it back?
Speaker 3: Kyle Tucker. By the way, do you know what his OPS plus is this year?
Speaker 4: Well? I know his ops is like seven oh four.
Speaker 1: Seven o nine.
Speaker 3: That's close, So ops plus one hundred weighing against it, that's league average, then ninety eight low average offense from the guy who's probably costing his team the most money this year.
Speaker 4: Yes, by far, Yeah, by far.
Speaker 1: Oh well, maybe maybe he'll wake up.
Speaker 4: You know what. The Dodgers didn't have the money to spend the wouldn't have spent it.
Speaker 1: Yep, I don't know one's feeling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Red Sox, White Sox after.
Speaker 3: Yes, And also, if you have the money to spend on tickets, then this is the spot. The code for you Territory one zero for your next set of MLB tickets at Sea Geek. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app and have the code automatically added to your account so you can use it later.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what he said.
Speaker 1: That's what he said.
Speaker 4: That's what he said.
Speaker 1: That's what he said.
Speaker 3: All Right, it's time for Terrek Scougle aftermath the team that many thought should have landed him, the Brewers. And then eventually we'll get to the Tigers and some post trade words from their front office leader Scott Harris.
Speaker 1: So, okay, we'll do Scoogle first.
Speaker 4: Every team could trade for me, you know, every team could make that acquisition.
Speaker 5: And yeah, I don't really sympathize with people that blame the Dodgers for anything they've done. You know, they've developed a really good organization. They draft well, they acquire talent, really well, they retain talent. It's a winning organization.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: Now, the complaints seemed to be because they've won the last two World Series, you know that. I don't think it was like that three years ago. So I don't I don't really sympathize with people that are complaining because the Dodgers, you know, do all the right things.
Speaker 4: So that's their school perfect and he's a Dodger. He's not going to complain about the Dodgers. And you know what else he's on. Isn't he on the subcommittee for the players?
Speaker 1: I think? So?
Speaker 4: So you know what Elsie's and who's his agent? Or oh yeah, guess who doesn't win a salary cap? The Players Association subcommittee is Scott.
Speaker 3: Boris and school Well you know what, yeah, s Google might get his big contract before all that fighting happens, probably going to get it in November. Most many people online think that the Dodgers are going to extend him before he even gets the free agency. I don't know about that, but Pat Murphy, Brewer's manager said, the notion that his club didn't try for Schooble is quote simply incorrect quote from merp. It isn't as simple as that's a better package. It's not as simple as that. There's a lot more, a lot more layers to it. To say that Brewers didn't try is simply incorrect.
Speaker 4: Nobody said they didn't try.
Speaker 1: They definitely tried.
Speaker 4: Nobody said they didn't try that, And no point is anyone, including us on this show and me as a fan of the Brewers and Pat Murphy and Matt Arnold, said they did not try. It's more of a they wouldn't take that one little step to get it done. They wouldn't take the extra step to get it done. And I think that's at least for me. I can only speak for me. Again. I know they tried, We know they tried, but they didn't do enough to get it done. And we heard Jim Boden just say the one way they can beat the Dodgers is to go get Rek Schoogle again. You play this not to be play. You do this game to get a parade, and you want to be a GM you want to win a parade, right and if you win a parade, especially in a talent Milwaukee where they've never won one. I've been to one World Series nineteen eighty two, Paul Mallet or Robin Yell, Harvey's Wallbangers, that whole thing that was a long time ago. Scott, even you weren't. You weren't even born back then.
Speaker 3: I was not if you spoke to the Brewers organization above most and said, what's your goal this year? They had the best record last year, like, the goal is to win the Okay.
Speaker 4: That's what's funny, though, is because when you talk to a lot of people around Milwaukee, they're like, we just want to win a playoff series because they hadn't won one. Remember, they've been we made the playoffs and we lose every time.
Speaker 1: They won a playoff series.
Speaker 4: Last year they beat the Cubs, remember, and then they fizzled against the Dodgers. What has everyone said since they used all their energy? Now, this is not us, So people don't kill us on Twitter to win the one series they and they said, oh, they used all their energy and they hadn't have any energy left out for the Cubs series.
Speaker 3: They also did nothing at the trade deadline last year, and we're going to look back this year and be like, they did a little bit, But did they do enough.
Speaker 1: If they lose and Schoogle, what if.
Speaker 4: They have to play the Cubs and they lose the Cubs.
Speaker 3: It's still there fault because they should have gotten Schooble, and schoobl would be home. That's my point is where were they on everybody else? Like Boden said, where were they on Trevor Rodgers? Where were they on Clay Holmes? Where were they on Keviny Bossman, Casey myce.
Speaker 4: I and school.
Speaker 3: I just hope that they're in a position where they don't feel like they're lacking a starter or two.
Speaker 1: You definitely can't say that.
Speaker 4: And God forbid if something happens to miss, yeah.
Speaker 3: And if you're bullpenning your way through the playoffs, win yeah. So okay, let's get to the Tiger's portion of the conversation here. Cody Stavenhagen from The Athletic and Tiger Territory Our Show, was part of the conversation with Scott Harris, the team president baseball Operations, who spoke for thirty eight minutes.
Speaker 1: After the trade deadline.
Speaker 3: Didn't get into specifics on the offer, but he said they did approach Schooble with an extension at one time. And the quote here is the response that I got from Trek's agent was pretty clear. He was intent on going to free agency and exploring the market, which is totally his right and nobody should be said about that. He's put himself in position to be able to explore a market and decided he wanted to do that, and he should not be criticized for it. It was very clear from the exchange what the intentions where he deserved it. I expect him to be a free agent this winter. We'll see what happens from there. And then as far as the package that they got, he said there was a bidding war, there were a lot of organizations involved. There wasn't any need to stretch it any further. The organizations that were involved were extremely aggressive. They put in what I believe to be their max offers. Then they added to those offers also and got to a point of almost audible pain. I'm making that part up, but that's what he just wanted us to include. When they actually produced their best offers, they gave them to us, and we pulled the trigger respectfully. The notion we should have waited twenty four or forty eight hours later and extracted more value, that's garbage. That's not how these negotiations work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, he got what he thought was.
Speaker 1: The best I don't.
Speaker 4: Fall off the Tigers at Figers, they got what they thought was their best package. And you know what, the leverage for me was actually higher on Saturday than it would have been on Monday. Why because Scooble was pitching on Monday. If you get them on Saturday, the Dodgers are pitching him tonight in Wrigley on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: To get an extra start, get an next to start. But it's one start.
Speaker 4: My thing is, it's one start, but that one start could be not for a team like the Dodgers, probably not, but it's say the Rays and they went they lose the division by one game, they didn't and they make this trade on and they don't get them for that one start. I'm just saying, like it that one star matters, Plus it gives them more time to get comfortable there.
Speaker 3: For me, my thing is, once you see some of the prices on Monday for starting pitching like Clay Holmes. If you're into the return package there, does that change things at all? And you're a team looking around like, oh, that's that's pretty pricey for Clay Homes. Maybe I should just throw in another piece for Trek Scooble. And also just in general, the fact that the Brewers only end up with Dustin May for their starting rotation and tells the world that they think their starting rotation is ready to roll and beat anyone in the playoffs. Most people don't, but that's what they think.
Speaker 1: You know what, They're open.
Speaker 4: I'm going to be in Milwaukee for the postseason more than.
Speaker 1: Likely it will be.
Speaker 4: And I love that Murphy and I love Matt Arnold. I love Brewers fans. They pack it out. That's why the fan in me was like, please go get Trek Scoogle. Miss Schooble can match you up with anybody.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: That would have been Theater and Harrison if he comes back, Yeah, that would have been Theater. Not to mention, I thought they needed a power bat in the infield, third short something like that.
Speaker 4: But if they were have traded for Dominson and for all.
Speaker 1: They have no money. They can't spend money like that.
Speaker 4: Antonosio said they have ten million they could go.
Speaker 3: Get said they could have gotten any starter, and they got Dustin May out of all of the whatever twelve starters that moved, many of them can pitch playoff games for you. That was the one they picked. And Dustin Mays, I mean he got a lot of pitches. He might go over to Milwaukee and thrive. But if there was somebody else they wanted and they didn't get, it's hard.
Speaker 4: We'll never know because they never talk about this kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: I guess we'll never know.
Speaker 3: Today's episode is sponsored by the ASPCA Pet Health Insurance Program.
Speaker 1: Kratz. We love our pups, we.
Speaker 4: Do, and I can't put Bella in a bubble. So you know what I'll do. I'll do the next best thing for.
Speaker 1: Her, That's right.
Speaker 3: The ASPCA Pet Health Insurance Program offers customizable accident and illness plans that can fit your budget, your lifestyle, and even your pets particular quirks. ASPCA Pet Health Insurance has been around for almost thirty years and has covered over one million pets. And when it's time to submit a claim, it's easy. Just use their app and receive reimbursement for eligible VET bills directly into your bank account, so you can get back to focusing on what really matters, and that's your PET. To explore coverage, visit ASPCA Pet Insurance dot com slash file. That's ASPCA Pet Insurance dot com slash fowl again one more time, ASPCA Pet Insurance dot Com slash foul. This is a paid advertisement. Insurance is underwritten by either Independence American Insurance Company or United States Fire Insurance Company and produced by PTZ Insurance Agency Limited. The ASPCA is not an insurre and is not engaged in the business of insurance. The New York Yankees are making moves. Their lineup is going to look very different. About a third of that lineup is changing right now, at least in some platoon situations. They picked up Luis Garcia Junior in a trade, Heliot Ramos and George Lombard Junior was just called up by the Yankees. He's their top shortstop prospect. And then they send down Jason Dominguez and Anthony Volpi. So there's a lot going on with this roster. They haven't been hitting, and there's three guys in their lineup that we didn't see a few days ago that are going to be playing regularly.
Speaker 4: Well, Lombard, yes, makes total I mean, he's gonna be the key. He's the guy that man the best. You know, we have these managers being Adam. Wayne Wright was in our meeting with Boone on Saturday and he said, so, I got to ask you this, Boonie. I don't this isn't for me, but I'm from where I'm from, a lot of Yankee fans is they're asking me, when's Lombard coming up? And Boone just kind of looked at him. He's like, again, it's all for me. I just need to I asked the question. Now your answers on you, and Boone just kind of looked at him and laughed and said, well, he's doing really well in Triple A. We don't know when he's coming. And then two days later he's up, so which it's not all his no, I know, I know, it's just funny that this question was asked and then boom, this happens to.
Speaker 3: Play second in short stop in Triple A and probably start to work on some super utilities.
Speaker 4: Jason Dominga is the thing that who was a Jim Bowden said that he doesn't have any baseball IQ.
Speaker 1: Might have. It sounds like something JB would say that.
Speaker 4: He yeah, so he was you know chev j Ve Chave and hell Chave. Uh. He had hadn't given up a run since like two years ago, and Sin's like may and then he gives up like a bunch of homers and blows the lead last night and who didn't have anyone to turn too, so he had to go down just because he pitched so much. But yeah, this is what happens. You get Elliott Ramos, he's going to play in the outfield. You get Luis Garcia Junior. He's going to have to get a bats. And then they wanted to shake things up. So what do they do. They go bring up their top prospect. The Yankee fans and everyone's been clamoring for so welcome to the big leagues, George Lombard Junior. I hope you have a great time, and I hope you do really well. I love your dad and then your dad since high school, so I hope you do really well. Yeah, we'll see what aw it goes. Polpey wasn't the guy. No, I mean, Volpi was highly touted too. Let's not forget it. Yeah, but he just wasn't the guy.
Speaker 3: They're probably going to trade him this offseason because he's entering I mean, he's already in I think arbitration years now, so it's going to start to cost you a little bit.
Speaker 1: And he is what he is. That's what we said for the entire existence of this show.
Speaker 3: It's it's eighty shops plus, right, so twenty percent below league average.
Speaker 1: This year, he's eighty two. His career is eighty three.
Speaker 4: Like it's he's.
Speaker 3: Having the same area has every other year actually as consistent as it gets right now.
Speaker 1: And also he might benefit from a change of scenery to go.
Speaker 4: Well, he gets the pressure off of him because he was, Yeah, you know, oh, I was a big Derek Jeter fan. I'm from New Jersey. I'm a big Yankees fan. I'm supposed to be the next Jeter. It's a lot of pressure. Maybe you know what else might also happen if he gets out of the Yankee organization, and the Yankees are a great organization, but then he doesn't have to try to hit twenty five home runs like they want every guy to do. I got to hit every ball as hard as possible. Right, We've talked about this. Yankees love guys that hit the ball hard. Well, I Folpi's a smaller guy and he's supposed to be a speed guy. Maybe he goes to a different organization like the brwis Like I could see him going to the Bruises and I'm saying, hey, hit us ten homers, hit us thirty five doubles, and steal forty bases and go play shortstop. Then you don't have to worry about trying to hit thirty homers, right, and not everyone is a thirty home run guy. I'm sorry, but you know, welcome to the big leagues, mister Lombard. Let's see how you do. It's gonna be It's gonna be a hell of a time to watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're really excited about him.
Speaker 4: They should be. He's the number one prospect. No One prospects are exciting now.
Speaker 3: It's funny he's coming up replacing the guy who they were super excited about for that position.
Speaker 1: But they're pretty different ballplayers. We'll see what it looks like.
Speaker 4: By the way, can we show the front end on this again forraducial lady, please like the whole segment, just the picture of the beginning is that possible without we don't need the music.
Speaker 1: Sounds complicated, does it? That's quite an ask right now.
Speaker 4: Okay, never mind, she's busy. Okay, but in that picture is me and then there's Michael in the small left hand corner.
Speaker 1: We've talked about this.
Speaker 4: No, but I read today he sleeps in his socks. I read today that there was a study that if you have intercourse in your socks, it actually helps you. So maybe that's why Michael's doing it. I mean, I have a follow up that's Michael. If I want to see the guy, is he really going there? So, yes, we're really going there. But he has this thing of sleeping in his socks. And I read this thing today to study where if you have intercourse in your socks it helps you perform better. So I don't know if that carries over to sleeping or not.
Speaker 3: I mean Michael, but I just feel like this audience doesn't need it right now.
Speaker 1: So Cody Bellinger.
Speaker 4: Said, that's very Alex enthopless answer to you.
Speaker 1: Thank you well. No, if Alex was more like, I don't understand your question.
Speaker 4: And You're like, I don't know, I understand your point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have other questions.
Speaker 3: I just the show's done in fifteen minutes, so I'm going to ask them to you after that, as I don't love talking. Jason Dominguez on Lombard said quote, I think he's one of the most athletic guys I've ever seen, and that I've ever played with. Cody Bounder talking about the bloodlines with him and saw it from a young age. You know, there's a bunch of quotes about the work ethic, all of that, which you get to see from someone who has, you know, bloodlines like Lombard does.
Speaker 1: Right, he's been around it.
Speaker 4: His dad's been around forever.
Speaker 1: Comment by the way, and they're not going to be able to focus.
Speaker 4: Get the comments in. The guy should have put socks on my hands.
Speaker 1: Well we did.
Speaker 4: Finally, that was pretty funny. That was a good one. Whoever, I'm not gonna say it was that. That's pretty fun We.
Speaker 1: Got out of salad territory and now we're on to sock I'm out.
Speaker 4: Anyways, Yeah, he doesn't. He's he's a great His dad was an unbelievable athlete. His dad and then went on recruiting trips before in our high school and he was like the number one running back recruit in the country. He chose baseball, but I mean his dad was an unbelievable athlete.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: I mean, here's here's his numbers in triple aps. I mean four h five on base strikeout strikeout percentage isn't bad, you know. That's the one thing I know that the Yankees were looking at. His strikeout percentage has gone down. There's some swing and miss there, but it's gone down. So that's good to see.
Speaker 1: Great defender already.
Speaker 3: They said he's been ready to the defense for a while already.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we'll see, we'll see. Hopefully it does well for kids.
Speaker 3: But think about this, you try to find yourself offensively wild. Judge is out and we still don't know. They spoke yesterday again without much direction on what. You know, what gets interesting.
Speaker 4: You can't run.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if Stanton comes back, then you have Rice and Garcia Goldie Rice they said, is not going to catch.
Speaker 1: And then Judge comes back.
Speaker 3: I mean whatever I think for them, they're like, good problem because we have Yeah, but they can't rely on John Carlow.
Speaker 1: He hasn't played.
Speaker 3: I mean, you'd love to see some abs from him in the postseason. But you cannot rely on him, and I think that's fair at this point where you have to look at where you're at right now. But I mean, one third of their lineup is about to change in the last few days, and I think it's I think they're all significant improvements. Garcia looked good in day one. I think Ramos is going to be a nice fit there. I think Lomba it's going to be a huge upgrade for them.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he's going to do it right from the jump, but I think he's going to be a huge upgrade. And then eventually you might get Judge in Stanton back. I mean, this is an offense.
Speaker 1: That could get hot and be very scary.
Speaker 3: Yes, are we talking enough about the Yankees and also the fact that they have many starting pitchers that could pitch playoff games for you?
Speaker 1: Are we talking enough about that?
Speaker 4: Thank yous? If they get everyone back or the best team in the American League.
Speaker 3: Okay, basically Belly and Judge is what you need to see back on their position. But even if Stan's not back, I think there's still probably the best American leagues.
Speaker 1: Here in my mind. Yeah, yeah, Okay, good talk.
Speaker 3: Grab A parlay boost token to build up a parlay for another memorable moment inside the bet MGM app. Activate that token on any MLB parlay and you'll receive a bigger payout if your parlay wins. Gambling problem or concern, there's help. Call one eight hundred gambler