Speaker 1: What's good command this family and wilcom into a special edition of Next Man Up because we got our QB one here for the first time.
Speaker 2: This off season.
Speaker 1: We got the boy that called him Jedi five Jad and Daniels. It was good, bad man, I'm good, bro. It's really good to see you.
Speaker 2: Man. First things first, bruh, he's getting the start of year two.
Speaker 1: What was this first NFL off season, like a first official off season like for you?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: It was different.
Speaker 4: I mean because you have so much time after going through the season, you're going to draft, press and everything, so it was it was It's different.
Speaker 3: It was difficult to navigate.
Speaker 2: Did you really feel like you had time? Man?
Speaker 1: I feel like when you do what you do in the year that you had, that rookie year you had, everybody wants a piece, everybody wants you to talk, everyone wants you to sit down and do an interview. Did you really get time to enjoy the fruits of your labor?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 4: I think I had a team, and you know, my family did a good job.
Speaker 3: Like nah, you don't do nothing. You just take some time for yourself and recharge.
Speaker 2: When you look back, if you've gotten a chance to look back. Have you gotten a chance to.
Speaker 1: Reflect on really what that rookie year was or has it just been just going straight forwar? Because I know you're a guy that's really locked in it.
Speaker 2: Don't look backwards too much.
Speaker 3: Just to know.
Speaker 4: I mean, I kind of got caught up in well I did last years, last year, and I'm like onto year two because I got to go out there and prove myself again. So a little bit I did, you know, I was able to look back a little bit, but I was still moving forward the whole time.
Speaker 1: What to me is special about you is now you're the bar for what a rookie quarterback needs to do. Cam wardsh the door saying, it's all these quarterbacks that come in one day.
Speaker 2: We haven't even been drafted yet.
Speaker 1: Are looking at Jaden Daniels and I know you had that thing on your wall.
Speaker 2: I want to be an NFL player. But a lot of times with that, with all the fame and all the.
Speaker 1: Good stuff, comes a lot of negativity, a lot of eyes on you, a lot of speculation. Man. You can't even go to a basketball game piece right, But it's been so great to see you navigate that so professionally. Man, give advice to these future quarterbacks because all of them are going to have to deal with that.
Speaker 2: Right. The eyes are going to be on them, the scope is going to be on them. How did you maneuver that? Bro?
Speaker 3: It was tough.
Speaker 4: It was tough because everywhere you go, you know, as you know, you get more fame and more recognition. You know, people want a piece of you, like, oh, they want you to do this or do that. So I mean it's like, you know, no, know yourself and you know, have a good team around you that's gonna able to say no more.
Speaker 2: You Uh.
Speaker 4: That's probably the biggest thing is all seasons people say no for me because it's tough for me to say no.
Speaker 3: It's tough for me to tough people to know.
Speaker 4: So you have the right people around you that's gonna say no, or you know, have a conversation like this is what I want to accomplish is off season. I think this is good for my brand, This is good for what I wanted to get accomplished, and you know, and go from there.
Speaker 1: But that's something a lot of rookies don't really grasp yet. What keeps Jade and Daniels so grounded.
Speaker 3: Just my foundational God.
Speaker 4: That that's the main thing, just you know, leaning on him because you know, at any point, you know, you get too high, you get too low, like you can take anything, like if you start think you're above everything and you know, stuff like that, with a have a finger, you ca'll be gone and now you back a rock bottom.
Speaker 3: So no, just staying ground.
Speaker 4: And I always remember where you came from, because none of this would happened if you didn't come from diversity that you went through.
Speaker 2: And it's very obvious how confident you are, but you also are very very humble. But I know you're harder yourself.
Speaker 1: I know you look last season and say Jad and Daniels could have done more. Talk about how you feeling, what you want to improve after you've reflected on this past season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just want to get better off fastest.
Speaker 4: That's you know, mentally, physically, you know, mostly I just want to continue to grow, you know, on and off the field, because I think off the field, I'm able to grow.
Speaker 3: I mean I'm able to grow on the field.
Speaker 4: You know, take care of the people around me first, you know, just you know, continue growing up, growing up, continue being man.
Speaker 2: Talk about the word growth. So I got to mention it. Man.
Speaker 1: This picture behind me right here made some buzz because your arms was popular little bit.
Speaker 2: People were saying, this guy's gotten bigger, a stronger.
Speaker 1: But Cliff Kingsbury also said in this Pressure Today that you got bigger and got stronger.
Speaker 2: Why was that a point of emphasis for you? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think just for me, it's like, okay, what can I do better?
Speaker 4: Can I ask more armor on, you know, to what we're staying another you know, seventeen games hopefully more? And you know, it was a long season last year, so it's like I didn't know I was getting myself into. Now I have a kind of idea this is what I'm getting myself into going into year two. Now, it's like, okay, put the team around me as ask questions, asked, bets ask. You know, people reach out to other individuals like how did you navigate your first off season?
Speaker 3: How did you not navigate this?
Speaker 4: And you know kind of take pitts and beat bits and pizzas from it. But honestly, I really got that advice from Bobby Wagner. So he gave me that advice. We were having conversation and he's like, man, this is what he did is first all was and hit up a whole bunch of people. You know, they give advice like, I think this works, it worked for me, this worked for him.
Speaker 3: Uh, we'll see. I'm gonna try it.
Speaker 1: So and when you navigate that, you're getting your advice, but you got to live it yourself, right, you got to go through it yourself. What surprised you the most? Did you mentioned it that seventeen game season? What surprised you the most about that?
Speaker 3: It's a long season? Yeah, a long season.
Speaker 4: But they said, man, your rookie years your longest year because you're going so much. You're basically going for a year, You go to playoffs, you make a deep brand, so you're basically going for a whole year as far as football.
Speaker 3: So, uh, just.
Speaker 4: Knowing how to be able to unplug and make sure you're still pouring back into yourself and you know, the right energy and recharging.
Speaker 1: And after this rookie year, everybody was looking at the commanders of saying what are they going to do in free agency?
Speaker 2: What are they going to do in the draft.
Speaker 1: Well, a big emphasis of that was adding some offensive lineman, but also adding you some new toys as well, some new weapons.
Speaker 2: When you see a front office and coaching staff make.
Speaker 1: That a priority, does that give you a little like a little more confidence knowing that, hey, we're bought into Jaden Daniels. We're gonna do whatever we can to make him even more successful.
Speaker 4: I think so, I think obviously, you know you you wanted to have that feeling. And you know, I try to Adam and his squad, you know, to go out there and do it's right for the team. So I got to, you know, handle my side. You know, he has to handle the side. DQ has to handle this side. And you know it's all collective.
Speaker 1: And as you said, man before we let you go, everybody wants a piece of Jaden Daniels and all this stuff.
Speaker 2: You're a very busy guy. But the people that notice.
Speaker 1: First was this fan base, was this Burgundy and gold fan base. Man, give a message to the fans, and which is what they mention you as you are a young man navigating your rookie year.
Speaker 3: Men's a lot.
Speaker 4: I mean, they welcome me with open arms, you know, to take care of my family, you know, whenever they see them at their game or you know, in the city, stuff like that. So they show so much love and support, you know, just everything I've been through in my life, everything always there, whether that's wishing me well, you know, wish them you know, my mom happy, Mother's there at the birthday, you know, wishing the people, my loved ones, you know well, wishes and prayers and stuff like that. So I genuinely appreciate them for how much love they showed.
Speaker 2: Me, man, And it's all genuine love. Bro. We appreciate you when you earned that love as well.
Speaker 1: Last thing for you, Man, Fans have expectations, Coaches of expectations, media has expectations.
Speaker 2: What are Jad and Daniel's expectations for you two?
Speaker 4: Just take take, take the next step, be able to continue to grow. I think the biggest thing for me is, you know, being a bezz bord of myself day in and day out.
Speaker 3: No matter if I'm.
Speaker 4: Tired and energized, you know, I still gotta go in there and look myself in the mirror every day.
Speaker 3: It is like, how can I get better?
Speaker 2: And jay and dance. We've got no doubt you will get better. Man. We appreciate the time. Brother. Congratulations your Success're so busy.
Speaker 1: I've got to take congratulations, man, Thank you for taking the time, but we cannot wait to see what you're doing yet to Let's do it, and Sir commanded family, our next man up, very very special.
Speaker 2: Next man up j D five Jaden dance. Thank you brother, Let's do it.