Speaker 1: Scrubbing in with Becca Tilly and Tanya rap An iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, we are scrubbing it.
Speaker 3: Scrub a dub dub in a.
Speaker 4: Dip for rent.
Speaker 2: We're in the We're not in our usual spot like we're in the studio, but we're in the podcast room.
Speaker 3: Yes, we're in the room where we normally do our interviews with guests. With guests, So I'm sitting across from BT.
Speaker 2: How do I look on my camera?
Speaker 4: If I'm being honest, I can't see you, Okay because like the thing is like over your face. Okay, how do I look in my camera?
Speaker 2: I also can't see Yeah, so good luck to both of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's cross our fingers and.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's Friday.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: We're doing a little pre recording for Monday because it's a Tanya has a busy weekend, so we somehow Tanya still going.
Speaker 4: Still going. You know what's crazy?
Speaker 3: Ali was texting me, She's like, are you feeling the post wedding blues? And I was like, I felt a little bit of like a come down, like on Sunday when we were packing and leaving, like that was definitely like sad, and I was like feeling sad about it being over. But I was like, I went straight into work on Monday, and I've had just literally so much going on. And then I fly to New York for Jonas Kahn, and then I come back and we go on our mini moon, and then I come back and I'm going.
Speaker 4: To Houston for another event.
Speaker 3: So it's like the next three weeks are just so jam packed, and I'm like, I don't think I have time to have the blues.
Speaker 2: You know, it's interesting, there's almost everything that you did for your wedding. I was like, I'm taking notes on like things that I also would do, except your come down, I would take at least a week off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was like I would say, in hindsight, my biggest regret was I wish you would have stayed in like put to me to on Sunday even come back Monday, you know, but just like had that like rest and relax instead of packing and like trying to Like our room was totally disheveled because that's where we got ready.
Speaker 4: So Robbie was like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Where half of my stuff is, so like trying to not in a bad way, but like trying to pack and remember everything was just like hen house.
Speaker 4: It was just like.
Speaker 2: Mayhem, I know, and it was like such a gorg, Like you really didn't need to go anywhere. You could have just stayed for a couple of days and yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 4: Robbie had to get back.
Speaker 3: Robbie had He's just been so busy with work that he was like, I couldn't have stayed in one more day.
Speaker 4: Well that makes me feel a little bit better that it wasn't like just me.
Speaker 2: Right, you were in it together. Yeah, what a beautiful start to your marriage, just like together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, grinding to the top. Yeah.
Speaker 2: People are loving the wedding content. I was saying, like, between Sam's footage and bringing Ashley, who who helps you with social media?
Speaker 3: If there are any brides out there that need or are thinking about having a content creator at their wedding having Ashley was.
Speaker 4: Like, I haven't even posted that.
Speaker 3: She She's sortad of like made tiktoks and videos. It's like in like a finished thing for me from my wedding, and I've been watching those. I haven't even posted any of them because I've just been posting all the other content that I have. But yeah, I mean she was top to bottom amazing.
Speaker 2: Because even if you don't, like even if you're not a content creator like an influencer, and you're like, I don't need to share everything online. I think just having the videos and the footage to reminisce, and like she caught mo, she got so many just moments of things that happened.
Speaker 3: And like she she made a video of me, like I probably won't post it because it's like very emotional, but it was of my dad and it was like to everybody else, she's the bride, but to me, she's my baby girl.
Speaker 4: And it was like all these videos of like my.
Speaker 3: Dad throughout the weekend and like to this beautiful song, you know, and I'm like, I probably won't post that, but just having that, you know, because our videographer, I have no idea what he's gonna send me, Like do you know what I mean? I have no idea what like what I'm gonna get, uh, but I know I already have some good stuff, so like whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was it. That was a win, huge win, huge one. How's married life one week down? I know, Oh my gosh, today's your week anniversary?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was like it'd be one week anniversary of like, cu, we did it, we made it. Married life is different really, yeah, how so I felt like after we got engaged it felt different. It's like a different level of commitment, and then marriage is like another level of commitment. So it's almost just like you feel like, I don't know, it's not safer because I always felt safe, but it's just like this.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Maybe it's just me.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think it's just you. I always hear people say that, but I also think that was always something very important to you, was like the like safety, safety and commitment of each step of getting to where you are. Now. Yeah, once you have a baby, y'all are locked in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, locked in. I know we're talking about that now.
Speaker 2: Wow, So what's the talk Because y'all are doing your honeymoon and if you a lot of people ask do we already talk about this? A lot of people ask about honeymoon? You're doing a honeymoon.
Speaker 3: We're doing a honeymoon at the end of June, like fourth of July week. It's an easier week just work wise. Yeah, take to take time off.
Speaker 4: So we're going to do that. We're going to do a mini moon.
Speaker 3: In like two weekends, so not this weekend, but the weekend after.
Speaker 4: Where's that cavo oh where she loves Mexico. She's in Mexico, Girly. We're staying at the Waldorf. So I'm just going for two days.
Speaker 3: But I think it'll be nice because I feel like we got back from our wedding and we haven't had We haven't had We're going to have one date night until our mini moon.
Speaker 4: Whoa, because I'm going to be gone. Oh yeah, yeah I haven't.
Speaker 2: I literally was saying to Sam, like we're I'm seeing She goes, what are you doing this weekend? And I was like, I'm just hanging out with Haley, Like I haven't had like just uninterrupted, like intentional time with her in a minute. So I was like she you know, I was like, I gave all my everything I had went to Tanya and Robbie over last week, Like everything that I had in me was given to them, So she needs my she needs an attention back. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's funny because I feel like it was all for us. Everything was for us, but we haven't spent He and I haven't spent alone time together.
Speaker 4: Like literally at all in the past two weeks.
Speaker 2: It is funny because of weddings, it's all about it's your relationship and your love and your commitment, and yet it's every so many other people involved in that process because it's like you're the host of a party. Yeah, but the party is the biggest party for yourself.
Speaker 4: Robbie made it.
Speaker 3: He always said, he was like our wedding, we are guests at our wedding.
Speaker 4: Oh, we are the guests at our wedding.
Speaker 3: We don't we are not like we don't have to uh host and make people like, you know, even though we did, we totally like wanted to like dance with everybody. I know.
Speaker 2: I mean that's just who you are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you'll are host hosts.
Speaker 2: In your host and work. You're hosting.
Speaker 3: We're gonna lie really big Taco Thursday in a couple of weeks, and we were gonna like basically buy like not everybody that was at the wedding, but like the majority of people that were at the wedding.
Speaker 2: I was like trying to get I was like, maybe I just have Tanya send her wedding guest list and I just copy that and I'm just like, oh, Robbie's family comes.
Speaker 4: Family to her movies greeting tonight.
Speaker 2: Well, it's gonna be a mini reunion. Literally, can't wait. You're doing Jonahs Khan speaking of just Busy, You're going to Jonas Khan on Sunday. I am explain what Jonas kN is because for someone who is not in the Jonas hemisphere, so.
Speaker 3: You know what a convention is, right, So it's to celebrate their twenty year anniversary of Jonahs Brothers Jonas Brothers, right, Sam, Yeah, the Jonah like the inception of the Jonas Brothers KA.
Speaker 4: So it's their twenty year anniversary.
Speaker 3: So doing Jonas con which is basically like Jonah's Brother's convention, and it's it's a convention for the Jonas Brothers.
Speaker 2: Well it happens though like they're performing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean there's gonna be like other performances too. I'm not totally in the know because I know what I'm doing, which is what I'm basically bringing them out on stage. I don't even know if what I'm doing is like shared publicly yet. Oh oh, there's gonna be Jonas Golf, Jonas Pizza, Camp, Rock Karaoke, Jonas Escape Room, Shake by the Ocean, Jonas, Trivia, Jonas Cookies, Dream Wheel, Around the Clock, and then I'm basically going to introduce them, like I'm gonna bring them out, and I don't know if I'm supposed to like share it, okay, yeah whatever, no, no, but this is airing Monday, and I'll be okay. So I'm basically bringing them out and then they're gonna play specific songs to like fans in the audience. So I'm going to be kind of like the reporter in the field with the fans asking them kind of like what the songs mean to them. So like it's not just like straight concert where there's going to keep playing song after a song. It's gonna be like fans explaining what the songs mean to them.
Speaker 2: Gotcha? And then I saw chicks in the office or doing like a live They're.
Speaker 4: Doing like a live podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is this the first ever Jonas first ever? Oh wow, I can't wait to hear.
Speaker 3: I was so honored that they wanted me to do this. I was like, isn't there anybody that lives on the East Coast that.
Speaker 2: Like, Yeah, why didn't they call it Ashley I?
Speaker 3: Because Tanya rad Yad is the number one Jonas fan I'm wearing.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: I think Ashley beats you. I do. She's been to like double digit concerts. I think.
Speaker 4: Is she gonna be wearing an I Love Kevin shirt?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: But she has to be going to this. You should contact her. Yeah, she is have to be going to this.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine her missing it. Well, that's exciting.
Speaker 3: I am excited. Just me and the bros, You and the bross.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Tanya rad Yad, you change your Instagram name.
Speaker 3: I changed my name, but not my handle, right, What are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 4: Keep the handle as it is?
Speaker 2: Right, I say, keep the handle as it is because you're still Tawny rad Yad. So Tanya Rad's still your name, right, you know it's like your middle.
Speaker 4: Name, right, no need to like. But it's also like you could just change the R to the hy Tanya. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and no, maybe people won't even notice a difference because I just type in t A N to get your name to pop up. They're not like typing in the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what if people type in rat to find me? It'll probably heavens I'll lose those people too risky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel that feels like more of a month long into marriage decision rush.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not a weekend. How are you feeling post wedding?
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm the one who just got wet, Like I feel like I'm still recovering. But that could just be from the self induced situation that I gave myself and my body.
Speaker 3: Video of you taking the shot is diabolical.
Speaker 2: It really is, because like even I was shocked by how well I faked it, Like I even surprised myself.
Speaker 3: Robbie goes she could have made a face, but the body that she made was like, took it to a whole other level.
Speaker 2: Had to sell it, and people were like, she gave it away by not using her line. But I never used my line. Fun fact, fun fact, I never used my line. It's already it's already so bad that, like, my focus is just getting the shot down. I don't need something else.
Speaker 3: Did Sam Did you know that she had water? And that was why were you filming that? You're just filming us taking shot together?
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: The best part is that so Jordan and Jojo knew how sick I was, and so they're in their seat, which we were on the dance floor. They were in their seat, which was kind of a distance, but like they had a straight shot to watch me do it. So when I finished, they were like wide eyed and like clapping for me. And I was like, I took water and they were like, no.
Speaker 4: I feel so lied to that whole day, like fully lied to.
Speaker 2: It was for the the the cause. It was for good. It was for good. All of it was for good, because I my whole intention was like, okay, you did this to yourself. It was so stupid, like why how.
Speaker 4: Did you have so much fun if you were so sick? Like you looked like you were having a good time.
Speaker 2: I had a great well by that point, I did have a great time.
Speaker 4: Oh you weren't sick anymore.
Speaker 2: At the nighttime, I was not gonna risk it, but I ate Haley's buttered noodles. That was the first thing I ate, and I was like, I need something plain. I can't risk it. So I ate the buttered noodles and a coke and then I was like I was good after that.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you weren't like.
Speaker 2: Sick, no, no, no, okay, I would say. Once we got to the ceremony part. I was okay. I think being outside and having the fresh air, I was like very relaxed and just like happy that I made it. For the relief that flooded me that I made it to that moment, oh sigh of relief. But anyways, it was like crazy waking up because I was like you, I was stewing someone the other night, like I have never used mental strength like that, where I was like, gay, your ass up, this is your best friend's wedding. You did this to yourself, figure it out, Like I was like using it.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 2: There was no gentle parenting with myself.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's so crazy.
Speaker 3: Looking back on videos and stuff, I'm like, hmm, yeah, I see it now.
Speaker 4: But in the moment I didn't see it at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well I didn't think you would because you had so much other Like I knew that I could get away with being a little under the radar, under the radar. Well I wasn't under the radar. I was dying laughing though, because so all my brain was thinking. Because they told us you have to be ready for photos at one and then after that we weren't needed until three point thirty on the schedule, uh huh, And so I was like, Okay, we're probably gonna finish pictures at like one thirty one forty five. I can go back to the room, just lay down and just like recharge. Kara the photographer was like, Beca, can you go put your dress on so that we can get Tanya into her dress? And I was like, oh, yeah, of course, it's just like golf corded back to the room like no, not for no, not for but yeah. I think it was also like the adrenaline and like happiness of the day helped me too. And the zo frin dangne with the zo friend dang. But anyways, Yeah, the shot video is so good.
Speaker 4: I couldn't believe we got that on film.
Speaker 2: But also I would have been so upset because if I had had tequila, I would have taken the whole thing, and you took like a baby sip.
Speaker 4: So that's my trick.
Speaker 2: Well use half. But I don't even think half went down that.
Speaker 4: I never got drunk that night. Drunk.
Speaker 3: I was tipsy, but I think it's because I take little SIPs here and there.
Speaker 4: Do you think I got drunk?
Speaker 2: I would say you were a little past tipsy, but you weren't. You weren't like slopped, like nothing.
Speaker 3: No sloppy, I remember everything, like no blackouts, no, like the perfect level.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The trick is whoever downs in a full shot like that is like a psychopath.
Speaker 4: Those things are huge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I did like eight of them on Thursday night.
Speaker 3: It's crazy without eating, like everybody, from now on, we need to make a rule from now on, shots seem to be filled up halfway. A full shot glass is way too much after the age of thirty five that I agree with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because we.
Speaker 3: Named Paulina, Like from now on, Paulina, there is a no that's that says, from now on, shot glasses to be filled halfway if you are thirty five years or older.
Speaker 2: My period part was like Paulina because it was like every shot I took, Paulina was taking a shot at that time too. It was a diabolical duo. And the next morning she was like, I'm so I'm having so much anxiety, like what did I do? What did I say? And I was like, I'm so sick. I haven't even gone to the anxiety part yet. I haven't even thought about what I said or did because I'm so ill. I had to just let that go. I had to go Whatever I said or did has to be in the past. I have to hope that I was at least charming and funny enough to get away with it.
Speaker 3: I think you were all fine, because everybody's been texting me all week saying how amazing my friends are and wow, so nos.
Speaker 2: Sorry that you have to have such great friends.
Speaker 4: No notes.
Speaker 2: I went to Rachel Kirconnell did a collab with this clothing brand called Chopo, and so.
Speaker 3: She had at my hotel with rude Rachelconnell event the week after I get married at my hotel and don't send me an invite.
Speaker 2: You know what's so funny? I was like, my best friend got engaged here and she had her bridal shower here because it was in the same area. And I was like, man, that really is just really significant for me in my life, Like no one else cares. Was She like cool, Everyone's just kind of like, oh, yeah, it's really pretty here. Okay, I've been in a bubble, I've been.
Speaker 4: In Susie cares.
Speaker 2: Susie cared, Susie would carry yeah, yeah, I love Susie.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: She told me when I didn't have a videographer. She's like, I was about to dust off my camera and come out to Mexico for you.
Speaker 2: I just love her. She's so creative and she's so kind. I texted her after I saw her. I was like, you're such a breath of fresh air. Like you're so sweet, you're kind, you're warm. Yeah, she's so beautiful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's really warm.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It was like a bunch of bachelor girls, but I was by far the oldest. That's always like a funny thing for me. Like when we take the group picture, I'm looking around, like, dang, y'all, I came way before y'all.
Speaker 3: The age thing is starting to like pop up more for me as well. Like I don't know like what my algorithm is like doing lately, but like I'm being targeted with like all these fertility stats.
Speaker 4: Oh no, and I keep sending them.
Speaker 3: To Robbie and he's like, babe, you have to stop sending me these. It's like, maybe that's why they keep popping.
Speaker 4: Up my algorithm, because you're talking about it sending them to him.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, that's how it works. That's actually exactly how the algorithm works.
Speaker 3: So I'm feeding my own algorithm. But yeah, I like keep getting these like stats where it's like age thirty or this percent likely to conceive at the age thirty five, or this percent likely to conceive at age forty or like two percent likely.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I like, you're.
Speaker 2: About to start the process, so I think that it's like you'll figure like you once you start going, then we'll see what happens, like you haven't even tried yet.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 2: But anyways, Rachel, I want her to come on the podcast to ask her, did you do some work? There was like a lot going on, but I tried to like squeeze it in there of like oh, like I was trying to be like we should do dinner type thing, not immediately like come on the pod, surety? Did? I mean? What else is she going to say?
Speaker 4: I mean so much, we have different perspectives, different.
Speaker 2: Question She is so shockingly stunning in person, but you know what's crazy? She was like, it made me realize Instagram is such a Instagram and social media in general is such a not reality because you see Rachel and obviously she's doing like all these amazing things and she has so much love and support, but in my head. I was like, you kind of forget, like she's still going through like a really hard breakup, and it's just a reminder of like like she she seemed great and she seemed happy, but there's also I was thinking about, Wow, you see these people on apps and TikTok and everything looks amazing, and you're almost like, wow, she's thriving, and she is, and she's just going through something hard.
Speaker 4: You know, she look sad, No, she seems sad.
Speaker 2: I think she was just like I'm staying busy. She just made the comment like I'm staying busy, and I was like, oh, yeah, like you're literally going through something really hard publicly and people weighing in and having opinions on every little thing you do. But she's stunning, queen.
Speaker 4: You know who else has opinions about every little thing that she does?
Speaker 2: Ellen Pompeo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're gonna get into that when we come back.
Speaker 2: Nice, all right, we're back. So Ellen Pompeo was on call her daddy. Yes, And I don't listen. I'm not a huge podcast girly, which I know is funny, but like I don't listen a lot, Like I don't listen to every Call Her Daddy podcast that same, but the few that I've listened to have all been really good, Like, I've been very entertained and like loved the interview. I thought this was one of Alex Cooper's best interviews that she conducted. Okay, I just felt like she was I appreciated the fangirl energy because you could tell, and she even posted I've interviewed so many people, this is the first time I'm like really fan girling, and I was. I really felt connected to Alex in that moment. You know, like she's on such a massive scale of what she does, and yet she had the same reaction to Meredith Gray that like we would have to her, you know.
Speaker 4: I feel like ours would be a little different.
Speaker 2: Well, we'd have to, like I would have to pick.
Speaker 4: My ass off the floor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm saying we would. Yeah. She was maybe a little more polished than we would be. Poised, Yeah, poised, But I still could feel the respect and energy that she had for her.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I was so fascinated by so many parts of the conversation because Ellen actually shared a lot more than I expected her to, because I just what she just talked about behind the scenes stuff and like she talked about the money thing of how she was perceived when she what her remember when she went in she she asked for a raise and they gave a her and it was I can't remember the number of episode right, No.
Speaker 4: Not an episode or season or was like an episode would make her like twenty how many episodes? Twenty million a season?
Speaker 2: Regardless, she went in and asked for and she got it, And she said that her agent or manager was like, hey, just to be so you're prepared. Not everyone's gonna support you when this comes out, like you're gonna have people that are like, you don't deserve this, why are you getting this? And she was like, I was so grateful that he prepared me for that, because I was like, why wouldn't people be happy for this?
Speaker 4: You know what I found to be interesting.
Speaker 3: I found it interesting that she went to Shonda first and told her how much she was.
Speaker 4: Going to ask for. She didn't need to do that.
Speaker 3: I thought that was really cool and like classy, you know, because she's like, I wouldn't have I wouldn't be where I am without Shonda.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I'd like that little.
Speaker 3: Like kind of insight into it. But also I just find it so interesting because it's like, you know, I talk a big game of like I'm a modern woman. I do what I want, I stand up for myself, but like when it comes to money, I do crumble.
Speaker 4: And I find myself like I can get bullied, and I've been bullied.
Speaker 3: Many many times down and like hearing them talk about it, I'm like, I have to stand stronger in my convictions and I have to, Like I think, as women, we are made to.
Speaker 4: Feel like we should be lucky to be.
Speaker 3: Where we are and we're not given information and we're kind of like all of these things, and it's it's been such a hard thing because I'm like, I'm so grateful. I love what I do, and so I've never wanted to like push the boundary or ask and like Ellen even Seanda even said, no one's just gonna give it to you. You have to ask, and it's such like a tricky thing. And I find myself like I found myself being very inspired and like motivated from that conversation because i feel like.
Speaker 4: I've been very pad leading up to now.
Speaker 2: She also talked about how Patrick Dempsey got paid a significant amount more than her and she was like, no, like discredit to him, like everyone knows who he is. He had a bigger name than me. But she was like, he had thirteen failed pilot pilots before Grace, And she was like, and I was the name of the show, Like my character was going to be the name of the show. So she was like, it wasn't about what he got. It was more so about that they didn't value me at the same level that they valued him when I was like coming in as the namesake of the show. I also loved what she talked about parenthood because she was saying that she didn't necessarily want kids and her husband wanted kids, and she's like, well, you should have talked to me, like before we got married. And obviously she ended up having a baby. But she was telling Alex because Alex was saying, you know, I fear the process of juggling motherhood and my career, and am I gonna be dropped in my career just because I've become a mom and have to focus on something else.
Speaker 4: I think that's something every woman thinks about.
Speaker 2: I think about that too, But I loved Ellen was like, it will make you the best version of yourself and you can't give one hundred percent to both, like it's impossible because we're not made to be able to do that. But you'll figure out the balance basically. And I thought I thought she was so she's tough, but there was like a moment of like nurturing to Alex that I felt a lot throughout the interview where I was like, wow, because she even says she's she's like tough, She's not.
Speaker 4: No, no, I imagine her being very tough.
Speaker 3: But I think that that's something that I mean, it's crossed my mind so many times. I haven't stepped away. I haven't taken time off of my job, like not I don't really know how to explain it for people that like aren't like in it, but like I haven't taken multiple days off of my job where like our show isn't on vacation.
Speaker 4: Does that make sense? Yeah, until my wedding, and I've been doing it for fifteen years. Yeah, And so when you have a.
Speaker 3: Baby, you're maternity leave, you're out for months, and that's like really weird to like wrap your head around, you know, And like I feel like it's something that a lot of women in the industry don't necessarily share and like talk about.
Speaker 4: As much because it is scary.
Speaker 3: You're constantly being told there's somebody at the door, you're knocking at the door waiting to take your place, you know, somebody younger, and this and that, and.
Speaker 4: Like it's all it's such a it's such a mindful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it is. I was glad that they touched on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I can't imagine Alex probably feels that time's am bazillian, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: She said that Georgia O. Malley was her hardest death, yes, which is a lot of people sentiment. I don't necessarily agree. It was the most like it was the first one that felt like, oh my gosh, one of our people is gone.
Speaker 4: I mean I took Denny's a little bit harder, but that is.
Speaker 3: What it is.
Speaker 2: Then he was like in like four episodes, so I wasn't as touched as we know. And then she said that Sandra O was like her biggest heart, like the hardest episodes to film like that when she left, and I really she thought that she was like I didn't know that the show would go on without her, which I thought was really interesting because no, there's been how many seasons since then, like fifteen or ten? Like ten seasons since her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's so crazy.
Speaker 2: I loved the interview. I thought it was amazing.
Speaker 3: I do think it is interesting though, the things that she said about like uh, pick me, choose me, love me, and how she didn't want to say that line I know, and then it ended up being like one of the most iconic lines in Gray's anatomy history.
Speaker 2: It's amazing because her mindset was why would she beg for him? And I thought that was an interesting way.
Speaker 3: Which I get and I totally understand like the idea behind it, but also like everybody has felt that way, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Don't care who you are. I don't care how much you want to sit here and say I would never beg for a man. Like we've all been there. We've all done that at some point, do you know what I mean? So it's like so relatable.
Speaker 2: It was so relatable, And also I think people forget that at that time there wasn't this women empowerment movement where it was like, don't beg for men like we are. We have advanced so much, even though like that's still a sentiment in something that people go through, like please just love me, Like what can I do for you to pick me and love me? But even back then there wasn't really that much like it. I felt so normalized to hear a woman be like, please choose me. Yeah, Like I don't think I ever thought anything of it, but now I think if I saw it, I'd be like, girl, like come on.
Speaker 3: No, but like, but you would say that, but like you've all I'm sure, well, I don't know if you've done that ever.
Speaker 2: I mean I would think it like please choose me, but I don't know that I would be able.
Speaker 4: To right say that exactly.
Speaker 2: But you felt it, Yeah, I think everyone has felt that.
Speaker 4: I felt at times. Let us count the ways we.
Speaker 2: Don't have to rehash because you're married, well, no, I picked chosen.
Speaker 4: And chosen and chosen every single day.
Speaker 2: It's stunning.
Speaker 4: It really is. Thirty seven years and we got here.
Speaker 2: There's this Australian podcast in the host was asking if you come from a guest family or an ask family. So in a guest family you don't really directly ask for anything ever, but instead just sneak in them and of what you need and then in an ask family, you ask what you need and leave it to the other person to say yes or no. So I come from a guest family, Like there was no direct communication. It was kind of like let me see where the line is, like no or just even maybe my personality. I felt like it was like maybe they can just guess what I need, almost like passive aggressive I guess, h what would you what would you say?
Speaker 4: I don't understand the question.
Speaker 2: Did you come from a family where you could be direct and say what you needed and you either got a yes or no? And it was like very.
Speaker 4: Clear, like I need a cracker, or like I need a hug, Like I need a hug, or I think I asked or did.
Speaker 2: You come from a family where you were like acting.
Speaker 4: I'm really sad, but I want you to hug me, right.
Speaker 2: But like not say I'm not say I'm really sad, I want you to hug me. Like that's a direct communication. I'm saying that you act out and you're being like moody and offensive and instead of just being like I just need a hug, you do all the things trying to get them to guess what you need.
Speaker 3: So I don't really know the answer to that if I'm being honest. But the way that I act now, I feel like I'll do things that are like passive aggressive sometimes to Robbie.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, why did I just say it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like why did I just like ask him or tell him exactly what I wanted. I'm better about it now, right, but like I would be very passive aggressive in the early days, and I'm like, why did I do that?
Speaker 2: I still do that, but I also have been working on it because Haley is actually very direct, so she'll be like, this is what I'm feeling, this is what I need to hear. Can you hug me? So I'm just like, check, what else do you need? And then me, I'm like, I'll act out, and then I think, what am I trying to get her to do? I'm just gonna try to communicate it so that I can just get what I need and we can move on. Yes, because it's exhausting. Is exhausting, exhausting, and I'm so glad. I feel grateful that she isn't a guest person because.
Speaker 4: It's what exhausts me. Yeah, so I have.
Speaker 2: To be more intentional about not being a guest person, because jeez, tough, tough. Okay, Tanya had some more behind the scenes things which I really felt like we covered everything, but you have more to share about the wedding.
Speaker 3: Well, it's like things that happened behind the scenes the day that I didn't find out until like today.
Speaker 2: I love this. I don't know these so I can't wait to hear. But first we're going to take a break.
Speaker 1: Hey there, folks, it's TJ.
Speaker 5: Holmes and Amy Roeboch. Don't miss Morning Run every weekday morning Monday through Friday.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we'll be covering the biggest stories, everything you need to know, breaking news, politics, pop culture on our daily podcast, Morning Run, and of course it has a little bit of our own personal flare to it.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's right. Make sure to subscribe now, so every day when you wake up, you've got the Morning Run waiting for you.
Speaker 6: Listen to Morning Run wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 7: Welcome to casual chaos, where I'm telling my story unfiltered, unedited, and unapologetic for a moment you didn't see on camera, to secrets nobody's dared to spill. I'm bringing you behind the scenes like never before. I'm talking love life because let's be real here. It's been a journey wellness and the truth behind the headlines, and of course I've got the receipts. Plus I'll be sitting down with some of the biggest named in pop culture for casually chaotic conversations you.
Speaker 4: Won't hear anywhere else.
Speaker 7: So pour yourself and espresso martini and get ready, because once you start listening, you'll be waking up in the morning thinking about so many things. Listen to Casual Chaos starting on March twenty fourth on the iHeart Radio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: You met Michelle Lally in the hit Bravo show The Valley. You met me literally during the most difficult chapter in my life. Now it's time for you to meet the real met Michelle Sennye. Yes, I change my name, and I want you to follow me on my journey to the pursuit of sassiness. So much has happened to me before, during, and after the show. Before you can really understand the eight weeks that you saw on TV, I think you have to know what was going on from the very beginning, from being raised by two immigrant parents, paying my own way through college and working at Hooters, to starting my own real estate empire, getting married, having a baby during COVID, to that very same marriage, falling apart on national TV, to losing my mom, to eventually finding love again. There is so much to unpack and share. I'm on the pursuit of happiness and most importantly, I'm on the pursuit of sassiness. Listen to Pursuit of Sassiness starting on March seventeenth on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're back. So what happened that you didn't know about?
Speaker 4: So we're paying the bills.
Speaker 3: It was like so fun to do after a wedding, but we've just kind of been like paying everything. We have like one more like final bill to pay and then that's it. But like Robbi and I were like, let's go through all of our contracts with all the vendors and make sure that they like delivered and like what we put in our contract is what we got type of stuff. And my wedding planner was like telling us all these stories that happened the day of that, Like we had no idea, like there was one thing that we were up like that we were very uh specific about on the at the reception we really wanted.
Speaker 4: I did not want a buffet, and I.
Speaker 3: Was assured that we would not have a buff that it would be like live grilling, like live grilling.
Speaker 4: The fish and live grilling the thing.
Speaker 3: And when I showed up, it was like a buffet that was literally the only thing that I noticed and clogged at all. Everything else, in my opinion, like could not have been. It was amazing. But it's so funny because my wedding planner was like ted telling us all this stuff, and I was like, oh my gosh, I had no idea. So like apparently the flowers that came for the welcome party were like completely different than what we'd wanted. We asked for like eighteen bud vases, and they only brought like eight or something we asked for, like an arrangement, a different arrangement of candles, like all these like little things that like obviously, even now like looking back, I'm like, oh, yeah, I did think that looked a little different than what we had discussed, you know what I mean. And then apparently like my bouquet came with like all this greenery in it, and she made them remake it.
Speaker 4: And all this stuff. She didn't tell me, like I literally had no idea the day up until now. There was something else.
Speaker 3: She was saying that, like the the light, there was a different vendor that was in charge of like the music and the lighting and everything, and she said that he was like amazing and on top of it, and.
Speaker 4: What else.
Speaker 3: She had to remind them, like, you know how like when you walk down the aisle and we had like the hoopah the arc and I don't know if you even know, I don't even know if anybody would notice, but I noticed it. There was all these beach chairs and like umbrellas that were on the beach are for the guests, but they completely cleaned the beach of all that stuff. So it was literally just like clean beach behind us. And I would have totally forgot to remind them to do that. And Marjorie, my wedding planner, was like, I had to remind them to like, you know, move all that stuff.
Speaker 2: WHOA, Yeah, that's so crazy you say that, because I remember when we were walking down the stairs on the aisle, I was like, oh my gosh, it was just like the beat. I could see the beach.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was just like straight beach.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: But if you looked the day before, there was probably like one hundred lounge chairs and umbrellas. But they moved everything out for the for the ceremony. Wow, which probably takes a long time.
Speaker 2: It's probably not easy.
Speaker 4: No, no, easy feet. They turned it out for us.
Speaker 2: They really did it. Yeah, I mean that's all that the that's pretty amazing that your list, like the few the minor things that went.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh my gosh, and the things that like we like crossed our fingers and were like, hope this works out. Worked out amazing, Like the band, the DJ could not.
Speaker 4: Have been more phenomenal or amazing.
Speaker 3: The late night snacks they had at Laita, like the chicken tenders and the friess like amazing. My only regret is that the dessert. When we tried the dessert, it was like orgasmic, Like I was like, I don't even care to have a cake because these desserts are.
Speaker 4: Like life changing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they came out at nine o'clock and I don't think anybody knew they came out, and everybody's on the dance floor. Yeah, and I wish I would have like put them on a tray and like brought them to people because a lot of people didn't try it.
Speaker 4: And I've I've been talking about these desserts for like a month. You did, yeah, and a lot of people didn't get to try them.
Speaker 2: When you're raging, there's no time to eat dessert.
Speaker 3: I know, I know when you're having like the time of your life. I literally could probably watch videos from my wedding every day until I don't even know when it's gonna get old.
Speaker 2: It's amazing because normally, like when there's a lot of content from one thing, like I feel like people are like okay, like that's gooving on, but everyone's loving it. They're like more and more and more. They wanted us to do more episodes about the wedding. I'm like, I don't know what else to say.
Speaker 4: I mean, I still have like I still have so much to say.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: I mean just with the planning and like stuff I could have done, like stuff that I I I would.
Speaker 3: Tell myself before all of it, you know what I mean, Like obviously it all worked out and I'm so happy and I'd have no regrets, but like, yeah, there's like I mean, there's just like so much that I learned.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm gonna be so good.
Speaker 3: For you when you're time comes, because I'm just gonna be like a wealth of knowledge, like you could literally I'm like chat shept.
Speaker 4: For your wedding planning. Wow, Yeah, you're welcome.
Speaker 2: You should compile a list and maybe we do do like a bonus episode where we talk about those things about like the process of planning and things you would have done differently or whatever those are, because I do think those things are helpful, and there's so many people that are in the thick of going through that.
Speaker 3: But I do want to give a shout out to Lisa. She works for the hotel that we got married at.
Speaker 4: We got married at Susos Susios del Kota so On, which means Whispers of the Heart.
Speaker 2: And she.
Speaker 3: From the minute we were like wanting to tour the space, I remember the girl, the woman who ended up meeting us to give us this tour a rally, who was like our.
Speaker 4: Hand boots on the ground girl.
Speaker 3: She was like, uh, my coworker loves your podcast.
Speaker 4: She's a scrubber, she's obsessed.
Speaker 3: Lahlah, and uh, I felt like every time I came there, they had like butterflies in the room and they just like really were just so sweet, and she sent me a really sweet email the morning of the wedding, and yeah, it was just like kind of cool that, like the venue we ended up choosing, and we didn't choose it because obviously because of scrubber, but it's like the fact that we chose it and that a scrubber was like involved in all of it, and that there's like so many butterflies on the property, it just all felt very serendipitous.
Speaker 2: So serendipitous. Also, shout out to Lisa because she helped with the bachelourette location as well.
Speaker 4: Shout out Lisa.
Speaker 2: Lisa's everything to us. Also, I just realized that, so I posted the link to my dress. The name of the color of my dress was Champagne butterfly. No, how crazy. I didn't even know. People were texting me like, I don't.
Speaker 4: Know, butterflies were on your dress when you bought it? Is absurd. You sent me the.
Speaker 2: Picture and I said no, and that picture but on the website you can't see it.
Speaker 3: When you sent me the pictures of the two options, I was like, there's butterflies in this dress.
Speaker 4: This is absolutely the one you have to wear.
Speaker 2: But the name was Champagne Butterfly. Are you joking? And I was. I was searching champagne dresses and it just it never popped up.
Speaker 4: I mean, it was meant to be.
Speaker 2: It was meant to be.
Speaker 3: And everybody was like, I took posted a selfie with Paulina and you could see like because I bought I bought all my bridesmaids butterfly rings and they were like, she wore butterfly earrings. I was like, well, I kind of bought them for them, but yes, very significant.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: All right. Well, we have a guest coming on.
Speaker 4: Thursday, Yes we do.
Speaker 2: We have Heather ray El Musa coming in. I'm so excited to talk to her. So don't worry, don't be sad.
Speaker 4: Be glad.
Speaker 2: We will be back. We love you so much.
Speaker 4: To be continued to