Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys Let's go.
Speaker 3: Are you ready for a break?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Are you ready for a break?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: Ready for a break? Yeah, and so much for that. It's time for the Break.
Speaker 4: On Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 1: We were on Break with Mbar Garcia, Brian brought us, Nick Harris and Derek Eagleton.
Speaker 5: It is Tuesday, November fifth, twenty twenty four, Season twenty, episode number twenty sixty two. Welcome to the latest edition of The Break with Life in the SWBC Mori Studios Here at the Star war presented by LG LG as the world's number one OLT TV brand for eleven years in counting. See why at LGT dot com forward slash ol at evo. It is a busy morning here at the Star. Lots of things going on. Jerry Jones had his his time with the guys over at the Fan this morning, Sean RJ and Bobby and drop several different things that that are I guess buzzing at this point news items. We'll start first with his comment that that they are definitely going to be or he said they're likely to be making a move at wide receiver.
Speaker 3: There are reports out there right now.
Speaker 5: That the Cowboys are making a trade for Jonathan Mingo. Obviously, there is nothing that's been reported that is not a full and it's not something that is already that has been substantiated yet by the organization publicly, So we don't know if that's actually fact, but we do know Jerry said something's happened in wide receiver position.
Speaker 3: That's what's being reported. Let's start first.
Speaker 5: I do want to talk a little bit from the standpoint of just the idea of what this could mean for the Cowboys if this is to happen. From the stamp point of the player himself, what do you guys know. I know you guys have looked at this player in the draft, and Jerry mentioned the player that they were looking at was a player that was a draftable, a player that they liked in the draft. What did you see from this player particularly?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a guy that's physical six foot two, two hundred and twenty pounds, and that's what Dallas needs in the receiving core right now. They need a little bit more physicality. This is an easily moved receiving corps in the sense that we've talked about it on the show many times that these guys are getting pushed off the line by this more physical secondary player. Over the course of the last few weeks, Mingo is a little bit tougher to push around. Granted, he does have athleticism to back that up, so it's not necessarily that, you know, he's just kind of this big load who will kind of come at you. He's got some athleticism. Two four four six thirty nine and a half inch vertical from the combine, ten foot nine inch broad jump from the combine as well a couple of years ago, but on that same token, the production is not really matched when it's come with Jonathan Mingo. He has played nine career seasons of football going all the way back to high school. He has more than nine hundred yards and only one of those seasons and it was his senior year in high school in Mississippi and Brandon, Mississippi. So he goes to Ole, miss kind of struggles to find exactly what his role is until his junior year. Junior year had a good year. Senior year had a great year, and he was used in some situations where they were able to get him the ball in space. They kind of used him in a Debo esque type role at Ole Miss, but it hasn't really translated to Carolina. Inconsistent quarterback play could be a product of that. But also a stat that was pointed out by Bobby Belt this morning was of one and twenty six eligible pass catchers with seventy five or more targets over the past two seasons, Jonathanmingo is dead last one and twenty sixth in success rate. So that is not great. And that factors in running back stuff factors and tight ends receivers obviously. So this is a guy who even when he has had his opportunities, he hasn't really done much with them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's a guy when you watch you could definitely tell the quarterback play has really hurt him and a lot of his They like to move him around and so he'll play in the backfield, he'll play in the slot, he'll play on the outside. Everything for him, when you watch his tape is underneath, it's at zero yards or nine yards everything. I mean, you just you watch everything, you know, and and it was it's a fight to get him the ball, it really really was. I mean, he'd run slants balls way behind him. You know, they try and throw crossing routes to him. He did have a drop on one of the crossing routes that I saw, you know, just taking a peek at him. You know, he fights the ball a little bit. I don't think his hands or and I mean fight it is when you're wide open and it hitching the chest and it goes down. There's concentration things. When you're by yourself, you need to make the play. There was time when the ball went away from him or he the route went away and he kind of double caught the ball a little bit. But you know, he's he's one of those guys. I mean, he could get to he could get this Nick was talking about. He could get to get the speed very quickly, you know, when you get him up the field and stuff like that. He runs really really well for a big man. He's really good after the catch. When when he was able to make those catches, you see a physical element to his game. I mean he is, uh, he's got a little bit of that try and run over you a bit to him, and so that part of it will help. He kind of bullies you. And I like that about him. But I just feel like though that to me, that you know, you're you're kind of betting, you're betting on the com here. You're betting on Hey that you know, his old mistape is better than where his tape was at at Carolina, and he you know, probably had better better play, better quarterback play as far as getting him the ball and get it to him consistently. My I know, personally I had him as my seventy first best player in that twenty twenty three draft, had some other receivers ahead of him. That's a you know, right around the third round grade on the player. He was taken in the second round. So you know it's there's like I say, I I think there's you're betting on putting him with a better quarterback with his athletic ability and then his size, that maybe you could take advantage that because Carolina really didn't. When you watch him play for Carolina, you could see a level of frustration. You could see the ball not even getting close, you know. So and and that's not just for Bryce Young, you know, that's for Andy Dalton too. There there were there were games where you're just like going, gosh, get him the ball and but like I say, a lot of it is underneath stuff, not a bunch of what was downfield. The one downfield throw they did have, thinking's the Broncos was an intercepted play, so uh, you know it's I think that probably a breath of fresh air for for the particular player if in fact the trade goes through.
Speaker 5: Did he have any of that downfield ability in his college tape or is this just something he's seen. You're seeing the pros.
Speaker 6: I you know, I don't remember him making a bunch of big time plays down the field. You know, Old Miss has done a really good job with these big receivers. Yeah, you know, and Old Miss will throw the ball down the field. And I went back through my notes and I was thinking, I was just kind of looking at seeing, Okay, is there any vertical game the fact that he's big as he is, and you know, and there were in some of the notes at Old Miss, I had where's ability to adjust? He doesn't look like the same receiver, And maybe that's what Carolina does to you. You know, he didn't look like the same receiver. He looked like a big guy. The physical part of it you saw from Old Miss, but everything else about it didn't look like the type of guy that that you saw playing there a Mississippi.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you see some big playability. I'm just kind of going back from stat box. I mean a game against Vanderbilty had nine receptions for two hundred and forty seven.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: A game against Central Arkansas he had three receptions for one hundred and three yards. So there were some big plays sprinkled in throughout a senior season. But like I mentioned earlier, he didn't really find his stride really until late in his junior year and then definitely as he got into a senior year. One quick, not O'Brien. He's going to walk into a situation on Sunday where Cooper Rush is starting quarterback. It's probably the best starting quarterback he's had in his entire career.
Speaker 6: Yeah and yeah, I mean as far as as far as being accurate, maybe giving him a chance the thing. And I just was curious because I go back when I look at the tape, I wonder, Okay, give me some other metrics things that can kind of go with this guy's face. Press coverage twenty four times and he's gotten five targets out of the press coverage and he hadn't have a reception yet out of the press coverage everything.
Speaker 5: Which you would think for a big receiver, you would think that he gets off the ball.
Speaker 6: He gets off the ball. I mean you could see him get off the ball. But I was just kind of curious, like, Okay, why don't they throw the ball to him more? And I was just is it something? Is? What is what is this guy's kryptonite right now? You know, because he only has twelve catches and twenty four target I mean, he's so yeah, it's it's been a problem, but I found it hard to play. I'm like, have I seen any catches with press coverage here? And I hadn't, But you know, five targets out of twenty four routes that were that were in press coverage, and so you know, that's kind of where it is right now with him.
Speaker 7: So when I saw the news, initially, I was like, what the heck, why are we doing this? Doesn't make any sense to me. But then you take a moment and start looking at it from a different perspective, and even if it's something that doesn't necessarily change the course of this season, at you look at it for the future. We talked and I brought it up yesterday, how you are going to be limited in what you do in free agency and you're gonna have once again have to rely a lot on the draft. This is a player that Jerry mentioned, like you mentioned as well, that they liked before that they were looking at. So maybe it's a perfect opportunity for them to where they they're still getting young talent, but someone that already has been in the league for a little bit has had some experience, not the kind of experience.
Speaker 2: You're looking for because once again success.
Speaker 7: Or the success because of the quarterback or those situations that he was in, but still someone that has been present and around this environ man, and that kind of maybe puts them ahead of time and ahead of the timeline of what you're looking for when you go back to the draft and look for a wide receiver.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The the thing that folks are going to have trouble with is if reported compensation. Yeah, you know that's going to be the thing, because you're going to look, you're going to look at other deals, and you're going to compare other deals and and people do this. They did it with They did it with Maury Cooper. They they said, Okay, this is what you gave and this is what you do and this is what you get, you know, and this is and they're going to look at that, and they're going to look at, well, what about other receivers, and well did what did what did Carolina get for their number one receiver? It's a pick swap, you know, was it a fourth round? It was a pick swap. So you're taking their third fourth receiver maybe, you know, and you're you're you're putting a fourth round. You know, you're giving a fourth round and you know, with if things are you know, that's to start a day three. If Dallas continues on this path of not being able to win football games, that fourth round pick now turns into a late three or an early start of day day three, and you know, and that's where you can do some you can do some damage. And Dallas has done a damn good job of drafted in the fourth round, you know, but they could put some compensatory picks together and probably get that fourth round back. But to start day three is you know that that could be a very significant pick for you and people will evaluate that this He'll come in here and let's see if Wow, hit this guy in ten games or how many games we have left, nine games, whatever, it's hey, this is where you know he man, he was productive, it was worth it. Or it's like, well, here we go again. You know you needed that fourth round pick to do something. That's that's what's being reported again, nothing confirmed. We'll see you know what what happens down the road.
Speaker 2: From a draft perspective, I mean that we're trending towards this team picking in the top ten of every round. And when you're starting Day three with a top ten pick in round four and now you don't have that pick anymore, you're giving up something that you definitely could have used.
Speaker 5: Here would be my question for you guys, going back to last year or two years ago when he came out in the draft, where did you play place it? If third rounds right, so then the question becomes giving up a fourth round Let's assume that they give up before they gave up a fourth round pick, would you be willing to give up a fourth round pick for a guy that was graded as a third round player.
Speaker 6: I see what they're doing for the factor where they probably had him on the board and they probably had him higher than what Nick and I had him on the board.
Speaker 2: He's a party visit here.
Speaker 6: Yeah. The thing that would give me a little bit of concern, And I think the quarterback play really hurt him. I really do watching him. Nick's right, I think he's going to have better quarterback play here. The thing that bothers me though about it was that we've seen other wide receivers go in, you know, in trades, you know, and I'm just.
Speaker 3: I'm just yeah, and that's all right, Yeah, I'm looking.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm if, I'm a if, I'm a general manager, and I'm you know, and I and I'm going out in Baltimore. I'm I'm you know, I'm the I get you know, Johnson, They're they're number one. I pick swapped that thing. I didn't really give up a pick. I just flopped, you know. I flopped in the rounds is all I did. You know, I didn't have to give up me. I just moved from one area to the other. That's that's what I did. And yeah, and then you look at what Kansas City and then Hopkins last night, and you know what he and that was a fifth round pick. There's been established NFL receivers that have gone for far less than what you reported you gave up for this particular player.
Speaker 5: And that's going to be the part where you'll have to judge that as you see how much it brings to the team, then you'll you'll have to make that that judgment.
Speaker 3: Let's move on. Let's talk a little bit about Dak Prescott.
Speaker 5: Jerry made mentioned this morning on the show also that he's likely headed to I R, which is which is news because that means that it's guaranteed four weeks that he would not be on the roster. What do you think this means for this offense.
Speaker 2: It's time to get creative and figure out what you have at the quarterback position. You have two guys in Cooper Rush and Trey Lance that are on expiring deals, and you would assume to bring back at least one of those for a cheap deal next season and for the future to back up Dak Prescott as he goes into this third contract. Figure out which of these two guys can better that fit that mold. I think you can expect to see Cooper Rush start these games. I think that's a certainty, But do not be surprised if you see ten to fifteen snaps from Trey Lance as well working him in with some situational things. I mean, Mike McCarthy talked about it during the preseason that there are packages in this offense that are specifically designed for Trey Lance that they used during the preseason. Well, it's time to knock the dust off those things and bring him back for these next four weeks and figure out what you got in the young kid get his first opportunity in a regular season game for the Cowboys since they brought him in a year and a half ago, and just see what he's got. But I think this is a good opportunity to see what each of these guys can bring over the course in the next few seasons. But if we're talking about this season specifically, I mean, yeah, you want to try to find your guy that can help you win at the at the end of the day, and you know, Jerry Jones still retains a lot of hope that there is a chance to win this season. I mean, trading for a guy in Jonathan Mingo and giving up a fourth round pick speaks to that. So I think I think if they want to have their best shot at winning, it is Cooper Rush. You know, he's a guy that can direct the offense. He won't take any crazy chances, but on that same token, he can move the offense down the field. The one thing that he does not have that I wish he did have was a running game. And I think this offense could really struggle if Cooper Rush has a game where you know, he throws a couple of picks or he can't move the ball down the field in the short passing situations because they don't have a running game that's shown they can be sustainable enough to help him out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, one of my yeah, one of my questions for you guys today or what are the what's the challenges for Cooper Rush? You know, what are the challenges of him going as being the starter now? And I know me personally, when Cooper Rush played last time, when those five games he had a defense, I don't think he has that defense that he has that he had back then. They could lean on that they punting was okay, you could go play defense and you'd be okay. Three and outs now are like death to this defense because teams have figured out how to drive the ball and they get stops occasionally, but then there's been a lot of times this year where it's ended up being points and I think that's personally the challenge that I look at the hurdles that he's going to have to overcome, is that maybe he's not going to have the defense he had the first time around that he did this.
Speaker 7: I mean, you had issues, You've been having issues with your starter quarterback and Cooper Rush. As much as I like him and we've seen him be very successful, we've seen him be a great backup quarterback and just do what he needed to do and get wins for this team before, but at the same time, different offensive line, different running game, the passing game, the receivers. You saw the difference in there as well, where he did have success with those second team receivers. But it's just it's a bad situation for him to be put in and for you to expect that he's going to come in and be the savior. And again that doesn't mean that he's a bad quarterback. It's just not the right scenario for a backup.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think to me, you know, you look me personally, I would play Trey Lance just and this is it's a selfish reason because I'm thinking about. I don't think things are going to get better.
Speaker 2: You would start Tree Lance.
Speaker 6: I would start Trey Lance just for this reason. I'm playing for the compensatory pick. I'm trying to get Trey Lance to maybe look really, really really good, you know, and maybe maybe catch lightning in a bottle and you win some of these games. But then all of a sudden, say, he you know, if he plays well, you're not going to resign him because it's going to be too much money. I'm thinking about the the compense story pick. You know, if all of a sudden, Trey Lance does play well, he signs a sizable contract in twenty twenty six, you actually maybe recoup something for him. Yeah, maybe maybe maybe he plays well enough the way instead you gave him before. You're right, he plays now you get a third out of that. That's my that's my selfish reason right now.
Speaker 5: You know, it is what I'm looking at for that same reason, Brian, I might actually I might actually play him in the way that I think they're going to play him, which is give him a package. Yeah, because I look at Trey and I'm like the things I saw during the preseason, there were certain things he did really well, particularly using his legs, and there were other things that I was like, I don't know if he's quite sure. I would protect him from those things, So I would still start Cooper Rush, but I would have packages for him to show off his ability to move around and to get outside the pocket and take off running, because I think that could actually entice a team to be like, you know, if we could develop some of the other things. He presents enough of a challenge for opponents to where we think he could fit for us. And that may you get what you're what you're talking about with that compenser, because I love the thought of what you're saying there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because you're not going to get anything for him unless he resigns with you as a backup. You know you're not going to get anything out of him, so you might as well try and recoup something. And it's going to be in twenty twenty six, it's not going to be in twenty twenty five. But to me, that's where I look at this this team though, and you know, I kind of feel like with an offensive line that's struggling in a running game that's struggling, Trey Lance could maybe help both if because if things break down, he's not going to be afraid to And I'm not saying that Dak was afraid. Dak's didn't have the willingness. We saw the willingness the other day. What's Trey Lance going to trail? It's gonna drop back if he didn't see first Reid he's.
Speaker 3: Running, or if you see these guys coming, he's running.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and maybe now all of a sudden, you steal, You steal possessions, you steal some first downs, you steal things because of his ability. Yeah, and you ask him to throw the ball down the field and be Mahomes or anybody like that. No, but you could you could do stuff with him that can kind of work to really just take the offense, condense it down and then let him be play college football, read option, that thing, pull it run it make people have to defend you. Everybody's playing a light box against you right now because they have no fear of your running game none.
Speaker 5: We're going to take our first break. We will and come back. We'll go inside the brain of Brian brought us gusts some questions for us. We'll be back nowas Cowboys dot Com, Redo.
Speaker 9: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheatah. Savannah Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G. Fast reliable, Secure.
Speaker 5: Five G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your area.
Speaker 3: See add dot com Slash five G for you fifty deals.
Speaker 10: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboy Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 3: Don't put off.
Speaker 11: Getting your oil change. Dallas Take five Oil Change, a proud partner of the Cowboys is faster than you think. They're so fast you don't even have to get out of your car. You can take advantage of Take fives. Stay in your car ten minute oil change at any of their locations across the Dallas area. And remember at Take five you stay in your car because they're faster than you think. That means you won't even have time to show off your best touchdown celebration. Take five the official oil change of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 12: From the field the festivities, lu Casey embodies the essence of luxury and tradition. Handcrafted with meticulous precision, each pair offers unmatched comfort and style. Stand tall while you're tailgating or cheering in the stands with the Dallas Cowboys Collection by Lucasey. Shop the collection today at the Lucasey store at the Star and Frisco, or online at lucasey dot com. Lucasey the official boot of the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders.
Speaker 13: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates.
Speaker 3: But with that Texas heat, it's.
Speaker 13: Crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: Back to the.
Speaker 7: Break, LGO Ledevo is the best TV in the game, But don't take our word for it. Digital Trends said the lgoled G four has the best picture quality they've ever seen. See it for yourself at LG dot com slash O Ledevo Welcome Back.
Speaker 5: It is the second segment of the break Life in the SWBC Mortgage studios. At the start, the segment brought to you by blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 3: All right, Brian, what you got for us?
Speaker 6: Nick?
Speaker 2: Throw it at me?
Speaker 6: Is this where Osodiggy's swag gets it going. He was double team fifty five percent of the past ERUs snaps, but he had seven pressures. Is this where he gets it going?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Just going forward? This is where he gets it going.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it could be. The last couple of years he's he's had moments like he did against Atlanta, and then he's had moments like he had against New Orleans and Baltimore. You know, so it's it's you take her win so we can get him with Olsa Digizuo. And I think at the end of the day, yes, he's a physical three technique that is aggressive. He has a high motor, but at the end of the day, he is undersized for that position and you're gonna have to take your ones with your losses when it comes to those Osa digiz I don't think it's something that can be consistent just given his frame and his history so far.
Speaker 6: Derek, I swear USA gets it going.
Speaker 3: I think Osa is capable.
Speaker 5: What I got to see and what I can't say that he is that I can't The reason why I can't say yes right now is because I haven't seen him consistently put it together over time, and I've seen him flash. I've seen him have games like that where he plays just really outstanding football, and I keep waiting for that moment where I'm like, he's about he's gonna take that step and now become one of the best three techniques in the NFL, because I think he has that ability. I really do believe that, but I just haven't seen it consistently enough, and so until he can show it consistently, it's hard to say at this point in his career, Yes, that's who he is and he's ready he's gonna take that step. But he's definitely there. He's there and capable of doing it. Now, it's just a matter of it whether he can put it together.
Speaker 2: And Barr, I love Osa.
Speaker 7: I think he's a great player, but I do think as well that he does need some of the help from other guys around him in order to allow him to be more successful. If we were talking about a time where let's say Micah Parsons is coming back into the mix, the law is coming back into the mix, I think having guys like that creates more opportunity for a guy like Osa to be able to just they draw a little bit more attention Osa. He's explosive, and I think he would be shining a lot more if he had some better help around him.
Speaker 6: I like that Derek can, Micah Parsons and Curl Loss and be the one two punch this Cowboys pass rush needs.
Speaker 5: I think they could be a part of the one two punched that this Cowboys plus pass rush needs.
Speaker 3: I think they still need.
Speaker 5: But I still think they need to blit some and we talked about using overshown.
Speaker 3: This last game.
Speaker 5: We saw them mix up the pressure a little bit, bring it from different points with different players at different levels. I think they're going to have to keep doing that because I don't think it's going to be just enough. With Carl Lawson and with with Mike I think that'll help a ton. I think they still got to get more from from other positions in order to really get a successful pass rush.
Speaker 6: Going Ambar can Persons and Loss and be the one two punch this Cowboys pass rush needs real quick?
Speaker 7: Were we with with Micah?
Speaker 3: Like Jerry said this morning that he expects them to be back to I didn't hear that.
Speaker 7: Well, that's good, that's good.
Speaker 6: That's why I kind of framed the question.
Speaker 7: Damn, listen to the whole interview.
Speaker 3: You got caught up on the We're gonna sign something is out.
Speaker 5: He literally just dropping nugget after nugget after nugget this morning, and I was driving like, oh gosh, oh my gosh, that's oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: It was a lot going on.
Speaker 2: I missed that one.
Speaker 7: But okay, great, mus Now all that was likely.
Speaker 3: He didn't say for sure. He said he's likely to be.
Speaker 7: Well, we've heard before likely likely for cars, and they took an extra week or so, so I think, yeah, they can be. But I keep going back to those first few games where again it was the beginning of the season, so sometimes they need a little bit of time to kind of get going.
Speaker 3: But it just.
Speaker 7: Micah wasn't at his best us just yet. So I would love to say yes to your answer, but I don't believe he's gonna return one hundred when he comes back from this injury. I don't think we're gonna see him be the Micah Parsons that we know he can be. And it's gonna take several weeks, but there is potential there for that Cumbo to do what they need to do.
Speaker 2: I got it, Nick, Yeah, I'm pretty much gonna bounce off what Derek and Ambar just said. I think Carl Lawson has definitely found, you know, a little bit of rhythm now that he's had more snaps, more opportunities in this defense in the absence of Parsons and Lawrence. But I think I look at him as more so what Dante Fowler brought to this team last year. When everybody's at full strength and fully healthy, I see that kind of roll for him.
Speaker 5: That's That's an interesting point because I think the difference, in my opinion, between last year's pass rusher and this year's pass rush is that what we saw last year is if if you have multiple guys you can keep rolling in right, because these are rotational positions. Those guys don't stay on the field for every rep. So if you can keep rotating guys through and your third and fourth guy can get just as much pressure as your first and second guy, that's when you could really have some success in the pass rush. So having two guys that you think could possibly get home versus last year having six is a very very big difference in your ability to get after the opposing team's quarterback.
Speaker 2: Which, by the way, Dante Fowler six and a half sacks so far in the season. He's on a pro Bowl pace.
Speaker 5: I mean, let's let's be real. Dante Fowler has always been a really good pass rusher. Yeah, there are other things that like that that he may be not as great at, but he's always been a really good pass rusher when he came here. He's a really good bas rusher, and he was a good pass rusher for for Dallas.
Speaker 6: And bar What if I told you that Tyler Guidon allowed the fewest pressures in the Atlanta game, Spicy.
Speaker 7: I would say, really, are you sure?
Speaker 6: Absolutely him? Yes, Martin gave up seven, Still gave up six, Smith gave up five BB five, and Guy gave up four.
Speaker 2: Willutos to him?
Speaker 7: No, no, no, no, It's really good. And again we've talked about him being a very talented player, and we see the potential there for sure, but again rookie, and he's gonna take some development. But what you like seeing, or at least me, what I like seeing from a rookie is that kind of progression where it's just not like a bunch of ups and downs, but also in those ups and downs, it is a steady upward, you know. Is that how does that make sense? Yes, you followed the the stock market eventually, Oh, the general over growth is still trending up. Yeah, yeah, yeah, so I think that's what we're starting to see with him. Definitely not going to be a bust or anything like that, I don't think so. So that's great, but it's still very very concerning for the rest of the line because you're talking about veteran guys except for Bebe, but the rest of it is just like, man, this is not where I expect that any of them should be. Again, with the exception of like Tyler Smith, he's been a very solid player, but just overall very disappointing season.
Speaker 2: Nick, Yeah, it doesn't entirely surprise me, just because I saw Terrence Steele getting beat more often than not on Sunday. And sometimes it's been games where you identify both of them. Sometimes it's one of them, and this game was certainly one of them where I focus on Terrence Steele getting beat a lot. But this was an opportunity for Tyler got in to succeed against a pass rush that waspletely dormant going into that game. You know that was that was a game where you hoped Tyler gotton would have a have a solid effort, and he did so it doesn't entirely surprise me, but I think that's an interesting note for sure.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Actually he was one on one eighty one percent of the snaps.
Speaker 2: That's good pass the pass rush. I was also thinking too. I was trying to think of the back of my mind while Ambar was talking how many times he had help And they didn't throw Dowlond cook out like they did against San Francisco. Obviously, Uh, a scoonmaker only had one snap, so they really and Brevian span Ford wasn't on the field that oftense, so uh, they didn't give him a lot of help either. They trusted him with it.
Speaker 3: Derek, I absolutely agree.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Actually, you and I talked about this yesterday and after I watched the film, I was kind of surprised, and I was like, Brian on my eyes playing tricks on it as a talent evaluator, tell me I wasn't wrong, and you were like, no, I saw the same thing he did not. He had a pretty good game, And I think the the real story of that game from an offensive line standpoint is more so the fact that the right side was such they had so many problems, particularly with twists and stunts, and and particularly you talk about the guard and center tandem. There were a few things that just kind of it just seemed like they weren't on the same page all the time, they weren't getting off one block to get to the other enough, and then obviously the challenges that still's having. So I think that's the story. But I think that the side note is that Giden had a pretty good game there, and it does tell us again something I think I know about him right now. He's got talent, he's been he's been having some rough games against some better talent, and that's where he's gonna have to develop, is he can play with the guys that aren't the greatest pass out there.
Speaker 3: Right it's very few.
Speaker 6: And far between. It's a guy that he's better at right at.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he's played some of the better ones and he's had some rough was over.
Speaker 6: There quite a bit over him too, which was I thought was a good thing to go. All right, Nick, my final question for you here, give me your thought on this. In this Atlanta game, the Cowboy's receivers had two receptions on nine tight window throws.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's part for the course. That's my thoughts on it. I Dak Prescott's near the top of the league and having to attempt tight window throws over the course of these first nine nine weeks doesn't entirely surprise me that that's that sounds like part for the course. I don't know if that stacks up against as far as the other seven games that they've played. Oh, it's not good, but that's about what it looks like as far as what what Dak has had to do in tight window situations so far.
Speaker 6: The se Ceedee Lamb was the only two receptions against tight window throws. He had both of them. All the other wide receivers had zero catches first tight window throws.
Speaker 2: Jake Ferguson included kind of surprises me there too.
Speaker 3: Wait say the SAT again.
Speaker 6: For me, it's the wide receivers, is what receivers. Cowboy's receivers had two receptions on nine tight window opportunities.
Speaker 3: So all the rest of them were incomplete.
Speaker 6: All the rest of were incomplete.
Speaker 5: Now there's a lot in that because my question becomes what was the throw not on target? Where the receivers not catching the ball? Obviously, the first part is why there's so many tight window throws, right, But we've already talked about all that, but I would want to know, like in those situations, was this a situation where Dak was trying to get it in there but it wasn't as accurate as it needs to because on tight window throw the accuracy is everything. You know, Putting it, you know, five inches over this way makes a big difference in whether it's going to be completed or not. I'd love to know on those throws, where was the ball placement? Was it in a place where the receiver had an opportunity to really be able to catch it and the defender didn't have a chance to get a hand on it.
Speaker 6: See the thing I always think of the tight window throws that Dallas leads the league in it, and because they never separate absolutely that's I mean, and you're your logic is absolutely right, But I just I constantly struggle with the fact that they just don't have any easy throws. Everything it seems like it's contested, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean that goes back to what what Troy aik Been said a few weeks ago, and I think, you know, yeah, I think I think as Jerry said it on the on the radio as well, like you got it when Troy says it.
Speaker 3: Obviously he has some.
Speaker 5: Credence because the guy knows what he's talking about.
Speaker 3: He knows football somber.
Speaker 7: Any thoughts on that, Well, I'm assuming you're you come up with this question based on you watching film. Do you remember what during those like what's happening on the other side, Like what are are there any other open guys on the field that he could have thrown to?
Speaker 6: This team is always covered when you watch it, really really is. Now, I say that the one time when he got sacked, yep, when he got sacked, he had a chance to throw it in the flat or throw the wheel, I mean, and.
Speaker 3: The wheel was wide open a touchdown.
Speaker 7: Yeah, absolutely, because I feel like it doesn't always happen. But there's been occasions where even where he just throws it away or whatever, like there's somebody that's open out there that he just didn't see or could have thrown to. So but as far as like coverage itself, I mean, I'm with you on that. I mean, I put that more on the receiver. But then also you know.
Speaker 6: It's just I've just said it always seems like these guys are covered. That's what I'm kind of and then when they have to make a play covered, it's a little bit.
Speaker 7: But then also could have been maybe is it Dak being too slow on the play? Like we know all these plays are designing. It's very much on timing, Like you know, you have to hit your mark when you're supposed to. I mean, is he I don't know, but definitely not not a good thing to have.
Speaker 6: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 5: Thank right, appreciate it. We're gonna take our final break. We'll come back and let's get caught up. We don't have very much time. We'll get caught up real quick on some injury updates. We'll be back Dallas Cowboys dot com radio.
Speaker 4: If you can't be at the stadium, there's no better way to watch your Cowboys than on an LG O lead Evo TV. That's because everything you see is more lifelike, every play.
Speaker 3: Every hit.
Speaker 4: I mean, you might just will be on the sidelines.
Speaker 3: That's how clear it is.
Speaker 4: It's all thanks to LG's legendary technology, perfect black, over eight point three million self lit pixels.
Speaker 2: No one comes close.
Speaker 4: LGO led Evo is the best TV in the game for a reason. See for yourself at LG dot com slash o Leadevo.
Speaker 1: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agen Turf offers a winning lineup of John Dereck equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Dagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 2: If you shout how about them Cowboys, you have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't.
Speaker 3: Be beat better.
Speaker 2: Yet, Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold doctor Pepper for everyone. The wins will be even tastier.
Speaker 3: It's a pepper thing, and we're going to overtime. Erica, how much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 8: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Eric, the virtual financial assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankfamerica dot com, slash Erica by your Side. Bank of America Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses may very digital tool featured required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the Elish language. Your chap may be recorded and monitored for quality assurance. Message data rates and additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a member FDIC.
Speaker 9: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheatah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure. And he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G Fast Reliable, Secure.
Speaker 1: Five G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your area.
Speaker 3: Seeatd dot com Slash five G for you fifty deals. Back to the break.
Speaker 7: At and T Connecting changes everything.
Speaker 3: Welcome back.
Speaker 5: In his final segment of The Braak Life from SWBC Mortgage Studios. At the start, we got like two minutes here, so real quick before we end the show, I do want you guys give me a quick update on some injuries.
Speaker 3: Ceedee Lamb, Michael Parsons, Deron Bland. Where do we sit with these guys?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ceedee Lamb dealing with a sprained a sea joint in his right shoulder. Obviously battled through it and was definitely laboring late in that game against Atlanta. But they're gonna they're gonna play it slow with him this week and they expect him to be able to go on Sunday. There's optimism that he will play on Sunday. But yeah, the test came back and they're looking to get him maybe back on the practice field Thursday. I would expect him to be out tomorrow and then maybe get back in a limited fashion on Thursday. They're gonna play it slow with him, play it smart. MICHAEH. Parsons not sure as far as uh practice schedule will go throughout the week, but Mike McCarthy did say yesterday that he wants to get him back in the mix at least in a limited fashion tomorrow. So, uh, we'll see going into tomorrow what that What comes about with Micah And what was the other one you had mentioned Deron Bland, Yeah, that one I think has a little bit more question mark. This is a situation with Deron Bland where he had that set back ahead of the Detroit game. I think it's kind of messed up the timeline for everybody, including Deron, So I mean very clearly so because they activated that window with the anticipation that he would at least be ready by Atlanta worst case scenario, and that just was not the case. So that one, he Mike McCarthy had said that he's gonna be at the rehab group tomorrow Wednesday, So maybe if he gets back on the field in a limited fashion by Friday Saturday, then we'll start talking about it. But right now I don't have a great outlook for Deron Bland.
Speaker 3: That's disappointing. All right, we appreciate you guys. Jonas.
Speaker 5: We're back tomorrow. We'll start jumping into Cowboys versus Eagles. That's happening this Sunday at at and T Stadium. Till then for Nickaris, Brian brought us an Ambergarci. I'm Derek Eagleton. This has been The Break live on Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 10: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 7: Ey