Speaker 1: Speaks to the planet.
Speaker 2: I'll go by the name of Charlamagne to God. And guess what, I can't wait to see y'all at the third annual Black Effect Podcast Festival. That's right, We're coming back to Atlanta, Georgia, Saturday, April twenty six at Poeman Yards and it's hosted by none other than Decisions, Decisions Man, DyB and Weezy. Okay, we got the R and B Money podcast with taking Jay Valentine.
Speaker 1: We got the Woman of All.
Speaker 2: Podcasts with Saray Jake Roberts, we got Good Mom's Bad Choices. Carrie Champion will be there with her next sports podcast and the Trap Nerds podcast with more to be announced. And of course it's bigger than podcasts. We're bringing the Black Effect marketplace with black owned businesses plus the food truck court to keep you fed while you visit us. All right, listen, you don't want to miss this. Tap in and grab your tickets now at Black Effect dot Com Flash Podcast Festival. Say I don't want to ask you a question, real good, Let's.
Speaker 1: Just keep a real straight shot with no chase. So I'm gonna get a little bit rougher. I'm here for those who really believed in the American process, all of us street shot, no Chase, set, what's your Girl? Tensel figure out on the Black Effect podcast, net work at work, Good afternoon, everybody, Good afternoon. So I wanted to do a quick training guy, So push the line in case you don't know. It is a training program that I have. It is nonpartisan, nonpartisan training. The first one that we did was in twenty twenty two in Atlanta, Georgia. We had three hundred people that came from all over the country to Atlanta. The training is for those who may want to possibly run for office, those who make you know, think about running or maybe running a campaign right now. The second is for campaign workers. We call them or campaign operatives as well, so you may hear a campaign operative or campaign worker, which means like your volunteer coordinator, your campaign manager, your volunteer coordinator, anything that actually works on a political campaign. The third is organizer, a community organizer which rallies people around certain issues, may be pushing a certain issue. And then activists. I've even parsed out activists because an activist may be somebody screaming and yelling in the comments, protests in person, but may not actually organize, meaning actually do the work, the planning, everything that's required. And you may see a lot of these folks on YouTube who are galvanizing, getting you engaged, excited, upset, aware of an issue, but it doesn't mean that they actually organize, that they actually organize. So I've even set that to the side to make sure that we deal with these issues separately. If you come to the training, I am your trainer. The first one will be June fourteenth, Saturday, June fourteenth virtual. People have asked what can you do the training virtual? And I was kind of hesitant. I only want to do it in person, but it looks like virtual is the best option. I have invested in the training platform. I'm very very excited about it. I've been working on material today. You're gonna get a lot of information in the course. Information I'm giving you that you can download and then a live, interactive, interactive session with me two hours and we're gonna go through the information now. Push the Line is a five course, five different courses. Each one deals with a certain issue. But whether you're running, thinking about running, or want to be an organizer or an activist, you will get something out of it. Even people get a lot out of business as well, because I give you so much information, Thank you, doctor Tiffany. I give you so much information that you just absolutely no way in hell you don't get something from it. Now, the first course is called We Are Soldiers. That's where you actually find out what you want to do if you want to be an activist, a campaign organizer, a work on a campaign, as a campaign operative. You actually get to learn those different roles, what those roles and responsibilities are. And then the second one is Ambition of a Rider, and that's and shut out to me for these titles number one. That's where you actually where we start talking about the roles in depth, and we go a little bit further. I'm not gonna give it all the way because you guys need to get enroll in the course. The third one after Ambition of a Rider, the third one is thinking of a master Plan. That's where we go through planning, fundraising, all those different things that you need regardless if no matter what role you play. Then Stand on Business. That's my favorite one. And then the final one is showed me my Opponent. So all five of these courses, all of them will give you the tools that you need at least as a starting point. So, guys, I wanted to do this little free tutorial today just to give you a piece of what you will learn in the class. By the way, the class is not free, because things just can't be free. It will be fifty bucks for two hours, twenty five dollars an hour, which is certainly reasonable. As FYI, my raid, just so you know, for my clients is one hundred and fifteen hour. Just want to make sure we're clear. I start at one hundred and fifteen hour. But this training is affordable. You don't have to do all five courses. You can do whatever one you feel is important to you. You're going to learn something regardless, and I think I'm going to do it once a month. So it also gives you time to work it in your budget to say, Okay, fifty bucks a month, I'm going to go to this class now. Right now, I'm going to give you a piece of the type of information you will be learning. And the reason why I'm doing this because I had a one of somebody on my team that sent me a post about Jasmine crockett ysband. Crockett was talking about immigrants and many of you, especially in the conscious community, you know, said well, why she don't ever talk about black issues, and why she not talking about reparations that way, and why she not talking about this all the time. So I said, this will be a good, free, free, little bite size information that I can give you, guys, so that you can actually learn what you need to know and have that information with you as you are doing your critique of candidates. So, guys, the reason why this course has candidates, operative organizers, activists is because each one of those are a different role. If you look at my push the line logo, I have one person. I could have two logos, the main one that you see in the training, but then I have another one where you have a person that pushes the P, the U, the S, and the H. Each person does something individually. You may be a part of comment caucus. You may be which is those who want to get on the digital organizing. You may be an actual campaign worker and operative like what Marcelli's does when he's working what we call advance. You may want to be an actual candidate, an elected official, or you may want to be an activist. The problem is people don't understand the different roles. So what you do is you set yourself up for an expectation that is one not accurate based upon the job description, and two you set yourself up to say, well, the elected officials not doing anything. Now, I also want to put ownership on the elected official for not properly telling people what it is they actually do. The problem with today's elected official is they want to do it all. They want to be the elected official, they want to be the organizer, they want to be the activist, and they sometimes they want to be the campaign worker. Now you will learn if you're running your small campaign how you will have to put on multiple hats. But we'll get to that in the actual training. But for the sake of this impromptu training, I want to talk about thank you Tamer for asking people to hit the like button, share it like button, all of that. And for those who are asking what's the one for organizers again, co T just help people in the comments. The training is for everybody, whether you're an organizer, an activists, a candidate, a campaign operative. You're going to get all of the information in any training that you sit down with me, because the principles are the same and I'm going to deal with each one depending on what your role is. So let's just for this particular training, let's deal with the elected official versus the activists. So many of you are saying, well, why Jasmine or anybody else for that matter, why is she not talking about black issues all the time. Well, let me tell you exactly why. Now, whether y'all like this or not, this is just a fact. And what has happened is, guys, you have set yourself up to expect an activists, to expect an elected official to be an activist. Let me give you the definition of a political candidate to seek election and convince the public that they are the best choice to represent their interests and make decisions on their behalf. I want to make sure I got people in the classroom. I need somebody to put there thh ei r there there there there their interests, meaning their constituent's interests. Now, let's deal with the activists. Definition of activists to raise awareness, influence the public, which is what a lot of y'all doing these podcasts on YouTube and pressure somebody, put pressure institutions or government to make changes related to a Pacific issue specific issue like human rights, climate change, racial justice, education, etc. Now, this is where y'all get the This is where y'all get a twisted and confused. The elected official. The there, the d h ei R is the constituents in their district. A congressional candidate has, probably, depending on how big it is, hundreds of thousands, which is why I would never be a federal candidate. When may y'all say tells you, why don't you run for Congress, I'm not interested in that at all. Explain why, uh a federal candidate has hundreds of thousands of people in their district? That is the there. Sean, you're about to get put out of class? Do you want to get put out of class? Because that's what's about to happen. Sean, You're about to get put out of class. Don't worry about the back. You don't already made a comment about lipstick. You're not already comment about plant. You're about to get y'all know you one of my regulars. You're not gonna sit up here and to be disruptive in this class. So, Sean, do you want to get put out of class? Or what I'm I'm gonna make you put out of class? And then write one hundred times, a thousand times. I will not disrupt the class and make you upload it to my DM before you get back in alive. That's what's going to happen if you keep it up, because I know you want of my regulars stop disrupting. You're doing the work of the enemy right now. So they're the t eir No, it's not a problem, love it the tchei R. They are representing hundreds of thousands of constituents. This is not making an excuse for any black elected official. Absolutely, they should be concerned about their community, like Rachida Taliba is concerned about the Palestinian community. They absolutely I would expect them to lead most things considering their black blackness. However, if you are a political candidate, hundreds of thousands of people vote for you, and you are representing all of their interests. So when you hear elected officials talk about a little bit of everything, that's what they're supposed to do. Because if they especially if they're a congressional candidate, are a presidential candidate, that's exactly what they're supposed to do. So I know you guys love sharing the wyn. Harris said, I can't just only help black people I know y'all love sharing it. I know y'all love talking about that, but that's the point of being an elected official. That's why I'm not interested in being one, unless it is for a city commissioner, which you guys don't like. Y'all don't like city commissioner because y'all it's not sexy enough for you. But a city commissioner in a small town like South Fulton, because South Fulton in Georgia is ninety eight percent black, so all of my constituents would be black, so I could just talk about black black black black black black black. Not interested in a congressional position because that means I got to talk about everybody's issues and everybody's community, and I'm just not that type of a candidate. I would rather only talk about the issues that motivate me in politics. So that is why I'm not a candidate, especially on a federal level. Maybe possibly one day on the local, but why I can't be a candidate on a federal level because I actually understand the job description. Now, these candidates they go wrong and making you believe that they're going to talk about one thing more than the other. That's on them because they should absolutely be clear on what their job description is, and it is to represent everybody in their district. Now, Trump did a little bit different. He said, damn everybody in America. He's only gonna push a line for the people that voted for him. That's actually kind of how it works. But if you are in a district, I know y'all want, oh, he everybody's president, and no, not really, he only got to please the people that put him in. I know y'all don't like that. I know that's not the way that y'all are. I know y'all got y'all felt real good when Obama said, I'm still your president. I'm everybody's press. But the reality is you're supposed to cater to the people that got you in because those are going to be the people that keep you in. Will deal with that later on. With that said, if you are depending upon your district, and you are at a diverse district, and I'm using jas Min Crockett as an example, not making excuse. Y'all love running with excuses. Y'all really got a cult mentality. But anyway, using Jaz mccrockett as an example, the reason why she's talking about immigration she's in Texas, somebody put in Texas. Are you aware how many immigrants are in Texas? Is on the border, guys, So she's going to talk about immigration. And if you don't get that, it's because you've been listening to outside influences that are saying she should be this and she should be that, which that is what an activist is supposed to do. We're gonna get to that in a moment. But the elected official talks about their thh eir their constituents, not you there, not me there, I'm not the there, the actual constituents. That's a lot of times why you see these nationalties candidates that go national and do a lot of these national media why they end up crashing out. What do you mean by that, Teslam? It's not about doesn't make it right? A little walk, It's what it is. See, when you sign up for a job, you have to do the job descriptions. What do you mean it doesn't make it right? If I'm saying I am asking a hundred one thousand people to vote for me to represent their interest, that means I have to do a little bit of both. See, this is where you're getting confused. The activists is supposed to push the candidate to make sure that their interest is getting pushed. That there's an animation the who WHG. I love that cartoon because it's a bunch of little people screaming, say, hey, what about me? What about me? The activist is supposed to put the pressure on the candidate to make sure that their interest. So that means, if I'm a black actives, hey what about black people? What about black people? If I'm a immigration what about immigration? What about immigration? If I'm health care, what about health care? What about health care? And whoever is the loudest, whoever puts the most pressure, whoever is the most responsible to get that candidate elected or unelected, those are the ones that get their their issues handled first. That's how it works. It's not about don't make it right. Let's be smart, let's put on our thinking caps. I'm telling you what the job description is. So you're supposed to push the candidate. For sure, talk about black iss, you talk about black as, you talk about black iss, you talk about black gets absolutely, But that candidate also has to listen to everybody else that votes them in. That's why I'm not interested in a congressional seat because you have to plase too many people. What do you mean, how do we get ahead? You organize harder, you activate harder. I'm glad you asked that question. There's a big difference between an activist that is screaming and yelling online and an organizer. There is a big difference. This is what y'all don't want to hear, but this is how it is. There's a big difference between the activists and the organizer. The organizer actually gets people in the room, actually organizes, actually plans, actually puts policy together, actually starts a pack, actually gets movement. See. I can be an activist and scream on this podcast all day, post these videos all day. But two weeks ago, when the one hundred and fifty people came to the room, somebody in the comments put came to the room, showed up in the room, drove six hundred miles to be in the room, came from Cleveland to be in the room, claim from New Jersey to be in the room. Came from Houston to be in the room, came from California to be in the room. That's called organizing. That's a difference between activists screaming in the comments, what about us? And organizing to actually get it done, boots on the ground, come on in the room. Big difference. And how do you activists want to scream and yell online but you don't want to organize, and then y'all run around saying the immigrants ain't got organized. That's a flat out lie. Let's look at Michigan. The Michigan campaign, will Rashida Talib organized. See, she wasn't just yelling on the microphone, she wasn't just yelling on YouTube. She organized one hundred thousand people to raise their hand and say I'm willing to sit out of the election if there's no cease fire. And she didn't just say it. See, anybody can say something in the comments. They actually organized, meaning put money together to actually get it on the ballot. The word uncommitted. Are y'all following what I'm saying? I know the podcasters don't want to tell you this because then it makes them happy to actually organize. I appreciate the activist. I appreciate the podcasters that activate, that do activism work. But you must understand the difference. You gotta understand the difference, guys, when they started that Michigan campaign. They got the money, they got a local pack political action committee. Be quiet a little wat just listen. Of course, you can focus on your people. Are you listening? What I'm telling you is you need to find your role within this and right now you're just talking and it needs you to listen. Needs you do more listening. Of course, you can let me say loud. Of course you can focus on your people. You're supposed to focus on your people. But it's not just focusing on your people, it's finding what your job is in this. I'm answering your question on how do we get changed? Put your thinking cap on and be quiet for a minute, or see me at the class Rashida to leave. They organized money, resources, muscle, and hustle to get uncommitted on the ballot and had one hundred thousand people go down to the voting precinct and not vote for Joe Biden but actually checked the box to vote for uncommitted. Then they took those hundred thousand numbers because now it's not just talking in the comments. Y'all do a good job of talking in the comments, but as soon as you start organizing, you're gonna really start seeing some real pressure because talking in the comments does do a lot, don't get me wrong, but it's the organizing side that you're missing. Then the media knew for sure that it was one hundred thousand people that said we ain't rocking with you, and that's when Trump sided and the Democrat side had went and had a conversation with them. You're saying, how do we leverage that? First? You need to organize. Don't worry about leveraging first, you need to organize. See it steps to this. It's a process. What do you mean you can leverage what you do? You haven't organized yet, y'all love skipping the process. Yesterday at the my ups store, he said, I'm looking for a sign. You know, I'm going to law school. I said, well, I'm you a sign I just got admitted. He said, yeah, I'm thinking about going to this school and going to that school, and then after that, I'm gonna practice this and I'm a practice dad. And da da da da dah. He said, don't you have to take the l SAT? I said, hold on, wait a manu, you don't even know you have to take the l SAT. Okay, let let's let's slow it down a little bit. First, take the l S ahead, get a median score, then see where your score aligns with the school. Then actually put it in your application, then put in your letters of reference. Then do the work to be competitive. Then actually go to law school. Then actually graduate law school, then actually past the bar. Y'all love skipping the process. Y'all love skipping process. Law school is a process. Organizing is a process. Politics is a process. Y'all hate process. Y'all want everything to be in two minutes. That's why we got to put too many clips out because y'all hate the process. So you're not at the leverage stage. Because if I would to ask you right now what organization are you a part of that's actually organizing, you wouldn't have an answer. So first you need to figure out how do I organize? How do I get busy? Being active in the comments is one part of it, but you must organize. And to say immigrants are not organizers is a lot because dak of the Dream Network is one of the largest packs in the country. They absolutely are organizing. They absolutely have a political action committee, They absolutely raise funds to push immigrant issues. To say otherwise, it's just say flat out live and it's miss leading you and to the information that you actually need to organize put a five minute chatter if it makes sense. So, yes, you are supposed to pressure the elected official. Absolutely, that is the number one job of an activist, stay on their head about our issues. But if you are expecting an elected official to only talk about one single issue and not everybody in their in their district, they will lose. That's why Bowmen who talk so much about the Palestinian plight, which I'm mad, but he operated it like an activist and crashed out. You know why he crashed out because the majority, if not half of his district are Orthodox Jewish people. So y'all mad, y'all blaming it on APAC No. And Bowman's a friend of mine, our colleague of mine, and I told him the same thing. You can't do it. Rashida to live do she as derboy Michigan. That's the majority of Palestinians. So she was able to push a hard line for GAZA and still be elected. You came over and pushing a hard line with some of your district black folks, who I'm sorry, that's not what they're talking about on a daily basis, it ain't no thin line to walk. Listen to me. I'm the trainer. It ain't a thin line to walk. So actually, very clear line. You're not listening. I'm gonna have you see me after the class a little walk. You're gonna be writing in a minute're gonna be right now. I will listen. I will slow down on ADHD, I will slow down on the knee to hurry up and type and not listen. I'm just teasing. I will make you right though, and submitted PDF. Well, you don't have to read the room, miss Sumbling. You just need to read your constituents in your district. The district is very clear. It tells you who's in your district, how, what their issues are, what the demographics are. You ain't got to read the room. The information is right there. Go to ballot Pedia, guys and look at anybody's district, Like right now, Jasmin Krack, at one hundred and thirty thousand people in their district. I can see how everybody vote, who they rock with. I can see her vulnerability, I can see all of that. I'm gonna drop the link in here for any questions that you guys have taking questions on the YouTube. You want to jump in and ask questions, you can turn your lovy not you, sweetheart, because you love coming on here. This is not we talk all the time. Let somebody else come in and ask questions. Love you to death. He's gonna always rock with me heavy. But this is for people that have actual questions about the lesson today. I just dropped the stream. You can turn your camera off if you have any questions. This is what you're getting in the push the line training that we're doing two hours at a time. This is the style of training that you're getting, real life examples, real life on how it actually works, on real time, real definitions, and the absolute truth, the absolute truth. This is not about me trying to get clicks and likes and tell you what you want to hear and throw out red meat because I need to keep you upset. This is about the real deal, based on the thirty plus campaigns that I've worked under my belt. I'll take your questions now. You can either type it in the at the bottom of the comments or jump on the live. I am going to upload this to straight Shot No Chaser because the information is just really, really good and we need to get this information out. We must train you guys on the various roles and how you can actually help and get in where you fit in and what does that look like in realistic expectations for the various roles. And I blame candidates for real, I really do. I blame candidates because they want to do too much. They want to be the activists, they want to be the loudest one. They also want to be the candidate. They also want to be the organizer, they want to be a campaign managed, they want to do everything. And candidates this is the reason why you see four hundred and thirty five people in Congress and you only see less than ten who are always on the microphone because they're filling many, many roles. And a lot of that is because we don't have the leadership. We really don't. So I know, I know why they feel like they gotta do it. Because if I ask you to name five activists who are loud on the national stage, you probably can't name five. Damn show can't name ten unless you go way back to the sixties. Al Sharpening all them. And I know a lot of y'all don't rock with Al Sharping. Let's see up We're gonna bring Casey up, and you are welcome to turn camera on or off. I know a lot of people don't like the camera, but I'm gonna bring you on up.
Speaker 3: I don't mind having don't I don't mind having the cameraing.
Speaker 1: Hello, I see you all the time to comments, thank you for joining me.
Speaker 3: So I just thank you for this information. I'm super excited that it's gonna be virtually because trying to make them person is difficult, especially me who stays in Seattle. My question is are you able to like what if you're not sure where your strengths is? So like if we take this these courses. When we take this courses, are you able to pinpoint or somebody on your team able to pinpoint a strength and a person that can guide them to You're better over here, you're better over there.
Speaker 1: Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Make little sense. First of all, the training is with me, So when you sign up a training, you're working directly with me. When we open up the floor for questions, if people have questions, I can answer that in order for me to tell somebody, Hey, you know, is it Casey or Cassie, Cassie Cassie. In order for me to say, oh, Cassie, you're better at this or that. I would never do that because I haven't done a strength of SWAT analysis with you. So when I'm working with people on on one, I do a SWAT analysis for those who don't know strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. I can't just do that just off cuff. You know that you're welcome to ask me a question because it will be interactive just like this, but I wouldn't be able to tell you what you're better at, and also even what I what what I find a lot and I and by the way, i'm not working with people one on one. I do want to put that out there because a lot of people do ask I don't. I just don't have that availability. But I'm always able to answer questions. What people also will find is you're going to give me the strengths and weaknesses that you have assessed. I'm usually at my best when I'm telling people something that they don't know. I'm telling them what they think they know. I'm telling them what they thought you know. I've worked with a lot of people. I'll use the Michelle's examples. She's like, oh no, I'm good at this. No, actually you're good at something else. So a lot of that comes in observation and working with people. Somebody may not know their gift and they may not be like you know, have you ever thought about X, y Z. But to answer your question, the training does like boot camp. So with boot camp in the military, and I reference this on Jamal both of Jamal Brin's podcast in the military's design to get you out. It's designed when you sign up to make you question everything about yourself. My style is very similar. Most of your political trainings are designed to hype you up and make you feel good and make you think you can take on the world. I'm saying that as being a student of Congressional Black Hawcast Political boot Camp. I've been to Yell Law School for Women of Training. I've been to Go Run Lead, I've been to the White House Project, I've been the Ruthless Emilis List. I've been to all the top trainings and they all kind of have the same vibe with more focused on motivating you to take on the world. And then you leave with no real expectations. You leave with feeling defeated when you get your first know when you get your first reality of what it really is. And so that's the reason why I did this training because people need to know the real real deal. So once you get through with my training, whether you take one or off five, you will at least have the information the toolbox to question yourself on I don't know is this really for me or not me? So you do get the information. I just can't tell you individually. So for example, if somebody saying, I just do not like raising money, I hate asking people for money, I do too. I hate it. I even struggle with even put my cash apt out. If you struggle with raising money, being a candidate's not gonna work. If you struggle with people like you don't want people thinking they got something on you. You know, I gave you money. So this this that you're gonna struggle with being a candidate. So I give you all of the different things that you need to know, you know, to be aware of, so that you can kind of find your place. If you're saying, if you're somebody that never want to put your name out there, never want to say your name, you always want to hide under the hot dog eighty five ninety two, where you're not going to be an effective activist if you can't stand on business on who you are, because your credibility has to mirror that. You can't just run around saying anybody can say whatever they want to say on this line. You know, anybody say what they ever want to say on ig The credibility has to align with your actual receipts. So somebody saying, damn, I don't want to really put my name out there, I don't want to risk my family, Okay, cool, Then maybe you can get in the digital organizing of it all the activist, you know, the organizer. Maybe there are some other things you can do, Maybe you can work behind the scenes. So yes, regardless of And the reason why this training is so important is because I'm not When we did it in Atlanta, we had a room for each one, candidates, operatives, and organizers, and I went in each room to try to touch on as much as I can. But I'm the trainer, so I'm talking to all three virtually, so I will be able to say, Okay, for organizers, this applies to you. For activists, this applies to you. For candidates, this applies to you, so you'll get the basically the fundamentals it's not an advance. You know, there's other things that I do for advance, but you'll get the core fundamentals that will either or help you assess what you need to do, will either confirm that you're in going in the right direction and then also giving you the actual tools the steps. You know, a lot of these people who be talking they can't give you the steps and never worked on a campaign, so they can't tell you one, two, three, four five. You know that type of thing? Does it answer your question?
Speaker 3: That answers my question? So I'm like, what I mean because my dog's making noise in the background. But I just wanted to say thank you for that that answers my question. But also I would be remissed if I didn't say congratulations.
Speaker 1: You are such a h I look up to everything that you be doing.
Speaker 3: So I just say thank congratulations to the.
Speaker 1: H Law School.
Speaker 3: Just manulations and just keep being the best that you are. I just man, You're just so amazing. So they no, I'll be taking my question, oh for sure.
Speaker 1: And I asked me in real time, and maybe I can give you an answer. What prompted you to ask that question?
Speaker 3: If you feel like you and I don't mind answering because to ask the question about like knowing.
Speaker 1: Where you get in, like you know, telling people with their strengthen you.
Speaker 3: Because if I I've been thinking about getting into like maybe for the like on a city council or something, and so I'm getting ready to submit a application for it's like a community leadership. You don't know if you get im just gonna apply, but they train you into or they kind of move you into being on like boards or in community.
Speaker 1: Or just I want to get more involved in my city.
Speaker 3: I'm already involved, but I want to get more involved like on a maybe a politics side when you think of of the what my city is not doing for the city.
Speaker 1: If you have been slow politics, yes, what are you thinking? You want to be a candidate or you're trying to decide do I want to run for office? Or you trying to decide what you want to do within leadership. I'm trying to decide either like where I fit in.
Speaker 3: Like like when you said if you're not good at asking for money, I'm good at asking people.
Speaker 1: Money, but I will if you don't like it. You may not be good at it, but you can still do it. So most candidates. We literally have to like force some do call time. So let me give some clarity on that. I have triggers around asking, like real triggers around people feeling like they got something over me or what I got, real like psychological triggers. So it doesn't work for me. But it doesn't mean I don't do it. I have I have to put I'm putting. I got my cash up here. Now, y'all tip the trainer, like I have to do it or you're not going to run a business. So when I say that, it's just certain things like but you can get good at it because we're gonna force you your campaign manag We're gonna force you to sit down and do caught well we call call time. But to answer your question on knowing if you want to be a candidate or not, and this applies to everybody you, this is not something that you can That leadership course, my course, anything else can teach you the tools you need. But to be a candidate, in my opinion, is a calling. It's not a career. You know, plenty of people learn all the tools. It is a calling. It has to be something in you, especially in these days. It has to be something in you that keeps you up, what brings tears to your eyes, what makes you, what bothers you to you the pity of your soul. You'll hear people, especially conservatives, Oh, you're emotional. It's supposed to be. It's supposed to be something that puts a fire in you. And that's the difference between people who are just going along to get along and they look at being a candidate it's just writing laws, and the difference between those who really are change makers. For me, it has to be something that like when y'all hear me, bring tears to my eyes, I talk about my mother, I talk about healthcare reform, I talk about what has been for me. I talk about those are the things. Because everything that puts you in this, whether you're a candidate and activist, an organizer, every principality is gonna come against you. Everything that tells you don't do it is gonna come against you. Every spirit, the mind, spirit that's gonna tell you, hey, don't do it, do something else. So you have to be so full of the armor, so full of the anointing, so full of passion to keep you pressing on. And that's not something you can learn. You can learn the tools. I just got chills on my body. You can learn the tools, but it's the passion is going to keep you in there, and that's when you'll decide, Okay, do I want to be the front facing the actual candidate, or do I want to be a support. So I've ran my communications business being a support for many, many years. Even though I can rock the mic and I do, I know I'm better as a support. I know I'm better at getting people prepared. I know I'm better. That's what I enjoy. I enjoy training and teaching and getting others out there. It's not that I wouldn't be good as a candidate, It's just this is where I feel my gift is best served, at least in this particular moment. So whatever it is that's pressing you. I got a girlfriend I'm working with and she says she wants to be a candidate for the school board, and she talks about school all the time. But the only time they ever heard her shed tears was when she was listening to the story of my mother and she said, this reminds me of my aunt who was on disability. Da da da da da da. I said, it's that thing that's making you. You can look at your resume and say, oh I would be good at this and that and da da da da No no no, whatever made you send that voice memo to put them tears in your eye. You may think it's for the school, but it may be for disability. So as you continue to grow in this, as you continue to go to these different classes, as you sit in these meetings, and that thing that keeps pushing you and saying something ain't right about this, This ain't making sen That thing to make you stay up at night to keep raising your hand to keep this or that it'll it'll, it'll work itself out. Nobody can tell you that it's gonna keep. As you keep getting more involved, it's gonna wake you up. That's thank you. Yeah, okay, I got it. Yeah, be hoping and listen to what God has for you. When I said I was going to law school, the first thing people thought civil rights because I worked with Attorney Crump, so you would think civil rights. But no, it's not. It's criminal defense. Actually, you know, talking about going to prison and how many people we got going to prison. That that's what I will do. Civil rights work, but that's not what keeps me up at night. That's not you know, if anybody followed my work, you know I'm always talking about incarcerated and recidivism, and those are the things from personal experience that motivate me. And so in order to get through law school, in order to get through the tough times, in order to get through all that, it got to be something that's gonna keep you up. So you may think it's one thing, but as you grow, it'll start to reveal itself. Just keep getting information, keep getting the knowledge. Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: And I'm class. I'm excited as soon as I got a clock out first and then sign up. But I didn't want to miss this opportunity to see you face to face, so oh no godge.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you. So guys, that's how the training to be. That's how the interactive training will be. I'll be bringing people up, we'll be talking about it. It is a closed training, so it is just you and I the people in the classroom. I unveil it next, we'll unveil it. It's not unbailed, like it's literally some of them unbailed. But the website will be up next week for you to sign up. I'm going on the Breakfast Club to talk about it. Something just downloaded in you. Okay, good chante, we're downloaded in you. September. We're downloaded and you just so we just know if you just give me a preview of it, you don't have to share it all because sometimes keep your gift to yourself. But anyway, I'm going on to the Breakfast Club next week to talk about this training and I am not yes, not on the website yet, but it will be will be next week where people can sign up.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: It's fifty bucks for the training. It's June fourteenth. Until you got plenty of time, but don't wait till the last minute. Yep. Each class would be fifty bucks each one. Not do it charging any more than that. It's twenty five an hour. My normal rais one hundred and fifty an hour. Just so we're clear, you know, but this is you know, enough to take care of build our business officerly trying to do invest in the train, any platform, all of that good stuff. So it will be June fourteenth, Saturday, June fourteenth, I'm going to do a couple of different national platforms. So we can have enough people in the classroom and there'll be your classmates hopefully going with through the whole program. And if you can't come to everyone, cool, I'm not trying to break the bank. I'm not telling you you need to pay for it all at once or not doing that. It'll likely be once a month and we'll pick up where we left off each training. And if you can't come to them all then you don't certainly don't have to. You can jump in at anytime, but if you really really want to get you know, the full training, then I recommend you sign up for all five. If you don't have sign up for all five at once, you do it as you can. They will be availables, pre orders all be available, but the first one is absolutely June fourteenth. My website is Teslimfiguaro dot com. It will be on the website next week for sure. I'm just waiting on gold Daddy to it to populate the change that the actual new website that we got built for at the platform, it's all virtual. It's all virtual, Attorney Shelby all virtual, So we're doing all virtual and we'll release it next week. No worries, I'll be talking about it every day, y'all. You know I go online, you know I go live. I'll talk about it all day and be talking about it on the podcast we talking about every volt. So there will certainly shout out to comedian Little Reil in a bilding. Y'all show him some love. One of the few in Hollywood guys that when I say few, I mean few. I can count on one hand between him, Tyresee Dion Taylor. There's a couple other I may be count on two hands. Let me give two hands, but Little Reil is certainly one of the few, if not only, I would say actor, established actor that actually jumps into these comments and supports my work. So y'all show him some love and support one of his one hundred and fifty movies because he did. He does one hundred and fifty movies at best a year. At best that's on a slow year. Little Real be working his asshole, So y'all show him some love. And I do appreciate, you know, those that really try to help me. If nothing else, just an encouraging word to say, tells and keep doing what you're doing, because we have to fight on the front line, and so we hope to make it easier for everybody else to get rich because we damn sure ain't gonna be rich. We definitely ain't gonna be rich or the activists. So at least help us help you stay rich. And that that means by making sure that we have a quality inequity. If I love you to a little real, y'all supported me. Do what's what you gotta coming out next? Little Reil and the commist. Let them know because you know you got something. I know you got something coming out next week and the week after that or something. I know it's something. If you want to share, make sure you go to this page not free. He be working his ass off every time I look up there. I mean another movie, another movie. Really does work his ass off, guys, and so show him some love. And it's a lot of people, you know that they support what we do, but this is not their you know, their ministry. Sometimes I wish it wasn't my ministry. Honest with you, On most days I wish because it get on my nerve. On most days, I wish it wasn't my ministry. On most days I wish I could just do something else. Thank you, Trina on most days I wish I'd do something else, but this is what God has had. What's he called me to do? Guys, So that's just what we're gonna do. If you want to tip the trainer, you're trainer today, you certainly can. You can cash out me a tesslim figure O. Certainly appreciate it, he said, yeah, it's always something. But here to support you, and thanks for educating. I don't thank so much. Little real he mustn't feel like typing what he got. He got something, y'all, so just go check it out. If you want to tip your training today, my name is telm figure O. Tipping means absolutely paying staff. Marcellus who say he be working like a dog, working like a dog. So we want to keep him on the payroll and keep j on the payroll. Want to keep everybody on the payroll and appreciate your support. Go to the page today, let me put my cash out. See this is why I'm not good at being a candy, y'all, because y'all got to raise this money. We gotta raise his money, and y'all really gonna be hearing about it now. I got a baby. I'm going to law school. The baby going to PV so all this old do it for free doing for the community. No, five dollars help, two dollars help, ten dollars help. Marcella's is in the comments. M I talking about where's Marcella's. He's always in the comments. Count on to be in the comments anyway. Guys, you want to tape of training today, I surely would appreciate it, because you did just get free training. If you found if you found it helpful in any way, send two dollars over for a cup of coffee because I absolutely will accept it. Other than that, guys, I will see you next time. Make sure you check out this week's podcast. I did a Bernie Sanders recap. Also, Christy Williams Black History Saturdays, guys, that's coming to the training platform as well. So she will be doing a custom Black History Saturdays, a Black History class that will also be on the training platform. Put a five if that sounds good to you. So I've hired her to pay her to teach Black History Saturdays virtual right now out It is just in Oklahoma in person, and so we're going to add her to my platform. Since I have a little bit more national whatever, I got to get the program out there and so she will be on as well. You will need to pre order that so we can make sure we got enough people in the class before she comes to do her thing, but that will also be available. No, sweetheart, I don't accept ZEL. And this is a tidbit I gave the other day on the platform.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 1: If you really want to help us in the movement, that kind of stuff, you really got to get on cash app. You really got to get on cash app or Bimo or something like that. People don't like giving out their ZEL because that means I have to give you my phone number or my email and people don't want to have that. So ZEL is a these are things you learned in the training, guys. Zel is for you sharing between your family and your friends. It's not when you're trying to, you know, help somebody that you don't know. People don't like giving out their information on ZEL. So as we talk about the third thing that you need to do to secure, remember I talk about save stack and secure. One of the things under Securre is secure your nonprofit, secure your podcast or whatever little donation. I I only got fifty dollars a month, and I want to be able to give to this or that ten dollars over here, ten dollars of teslent ten dollars to the church. Then you guys got to get into the digital of it all, got to get into the digital of all because theell's just it's a great way, you know, to exchange money. But people, just public people like myself were just not giving out zel. But I do appreciate it thought, so cash app is the way to go. I will add a donation page because I need to do that on my website so that you can pay, you know, in any other electronic way, credit card or you know, however you want to do it. But we're not at that stage yet. So it's just if you got cash app, great, If you don't find I appreciate it all, right, guys. I do have PayPal, but not set up for this. I will have it on the website though at some point. But thank you so much. I appreciate your support guys, and just even asking because it really does make a difference. Yes, I will add it to my page. Y'all have a wonderful weekend. I'm in my Revolt office chilling, just finished doing comments here for today, and I will talk to you guys later peace. If you like what you heard on Straight Shot No Chaser, please subscribe and drop a five star review and tell a friend. Straight Shot No Chaser is a production of the Black Effect podcast Networking iHeartRadio on TESLM figure Out and I'd like to thank our producer editor mixer Dwayne Crawford and our executive producer Charlotte Magne to God. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.