Speaker 1: I'm Tamika d. Mallory and the.
Speaker 2: Ship Boy my son in general.
Speaker 1: We are your host of T m I, t.
Speaker 2: Mika and my Son's Information, Truth, motivation and inspiration.
Speaker 1: Name new energy. What's going on, my son, Lennon.
Speaker 2: I am happy to be back, Tomail.
Speaker 1: We're back, We're back, We're back.
Speaker 2: I'm back in this.
Speaker 1: Why are you screaming that?
Speaker 2: Because you know I'm a little energy. Gotta come with a little energy. We back. Genie, always be like yo, come with you guys have doing energy. So I came with the energy today, you know, right, Jannis.
Speaker 1: And with the energy table, with your energy.
Speaker 3: Okay, just no banging, no banging, but very nice to see you, sir.
Speaker 2: Likewise, you got your head done. Yes, you look it looks like it's work.
Speaker 3: To the side, over the pillow and just get up and keep it moving. Curling it the curls was real good. It was real good curl Uh. I had a black Jamaican woman who curled my hair for Sherry Shepherd Show two days ago.
Speaker 1: She curled different. She put the perfection curls to this heir.
Speaker 2: Yes, ma'am, yes, Brenda from Sherry Sheppard Show.
Speaker 3: She is not from the Sherry shepherdow, oh my god, why are you acting like you know what? I realized that you did not know who Brenda was. Brenda is directly across from Alicia in the salon all my stuff.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, she's Brenda.
Speaker 2: So she's the one.
Speaker 3: She Ala went to Mexico and then I said, I tried to tell her my by the way, Alicia is my hairstylas y'all for everybody who's listening, I was like, Alicia, not this week, Like you cannot have a trip to go on this week because I'm gonna be on Chevy Shepherd Show.
Speaker 1: What am I gonna do? And she was like damn.
Speaker 3: You know you could see that she really considered, like damn, I gotta do your hair.
Speaker 1: Your hair gotta be right.
Speaker 3: Till she when I saw her the next few days whatever later, I was like, yeah, now you remember, I said, what you gonna do? Because you know it's on Monday. She said, I'm going to Mexico and you gotta call Brenda. She called Brenda set up the appointment. She was like, yeah, baby, I love you, but there's always gonna be something because my hair style is everybody who she handles has something going on it's whatever it is teaching, being on TV, being in the mix.
Speaker 2: So she gotta she gotta find a little minute for herself, and I not she's gonna be putting out fires and running like a person with her hair cut off.
Speaker 3: I am very very happy for her that she got her a little bit of.
Speaker 2: Vacation and Brenda came to.
Speaker 3: The Brenda came to the rescue and came to my house at six o'clock in the morning and started with some curls, some good curves. Okay, right, and shout out to Tatiana who also was on the beat Beat.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: So anyway, speaking of Sherry Shepherd the Sherry Shepherd Show, first of all, let me just say that Sherry Shepherd in general is just an incredibly authentic woman. So speaking of Sherry Shepherd and the Sherry Shepherd Show, which I was very very very proud and honored to be on, you know, Sherry is a super authentic woman. I I first of all, First of all, we met because people continuously tagged us together on social media saying, y'all look so much alike it what it used to be. Keisha Knight Pulliam that I always, always, always was mistaken for and people would tag me with Keisha all the time, but l as of late, it's really been Sherry Shepherd. And so we met because you know, people were saying it. And then eventually, no matter how busy you are, no matter how many people who are following you or speaking to you, if you see if something is consistently being stated in your comment section, you're gonna see it and you being tagged to, you know, people saying look at them look alike photos. So we both saw it and somehow online we just were like, oh, you know, hey, sis, I guess we twin and you know, and that was that. But then Bevy Smith had a dinner and we were both there and that's where we had our first opportunity to actually sit and talk about this look alike piece. And then of course, you know, we took a video. We put it out and it was super cute. And I do see the resemblance between us. I don't think we look as much as you know, folks be going hard like, oh my god, I thought it was Sherry talking to Sherry. Okay, I don't know about that, yah, but there's a resemblance. You see something there. Especially it depends on the angle depends on the hair, depends on a bunch of things.
Speaker 1: So we just became, you.
Speaker 3: Know, cool, off of something where other people kind of bought us together around this idea. But once we met at the dinner, it was just like a starr in your eye, like.
Speaker 1: You know it, sis, I see you, you see me. You know we cool.
Speaker 3: So then we just seen. You know how it is. It's like a car. Once you get one or once your friend has one. Everywhere you go you see this particular brand, this making model.
Speaker 1: That's how it is.
Speaker 3: So then all of a sudden we just see each other here and there in the third and she always is just so cool and so real. She's not the type of person. It's some of these folks that you know, these uh and I want to say entertainment because she is an entertainment movies and all of that.
Speaker 1: So she's an entertainment.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna say these entertainers that you can meet and you're like hey, and they like how you doing. I have to say I'm very, very very very privileged in that it doesn't happen to me often, even whether people know me or not generally, And I think I kind of like do the same thing on the street. Right, A lot of people are like, oh, you know, you shouldn't get out your car in this place or that place because look at those guys or look at those people. But when I approach people, just because we work in communities, I know how to have a voice and a tone that just makes people feel like, Okay, she cool.
Speaker 1: She gets me.
Speaker 3: So I jump out the car and I'm in the hood and I want to go to the store and get me some skittles or something water, whatever it is. And I see a bunch of guys in front of the store. I don't act afraid, first of all, and second of all, I just honor them, like, what's up, guys, how y'all doing? It's good to see you, and you know, usually the response is like, what's up?
Speaker 1: Sists? How you doing? You know? Cool?
Speaker 3: So the same thing with how I try to operate in any space is that when I see people, I try to give them reverence, respect. It ain't about me. I don't need you to be like, hey, I'm hi, how you doing. I'm willing to speak first. So every time I see her, it's mad love, mad love, mad love. And she said to me one day. You know, you got a book coming out, you're doing different things. Let me know how I.
Speaker 1: Can be supportive.
Speaker 3: And sure enough I was able to get on her show now, you know, and she's not she.
Speaker 1: Doesn't have anything.
Speaker 3: I don't even I think she just told her producers, who happened to be amazing black woman on this set, amazing, all kinds of people, all different types of people. They were amazing on the set, Patrick, or just a bunch of people just amazing. So I'm not saying I'm not putting this on them, but you know how hard it is for me, especially me, to be able to get in some of those mainstream spaces because you have some of the people on the teams like, oh, she's this or she's that too controversial, to this, to that and the third. And so I just expected and understood that when I was telling her, like, hey, I would love to come on this show, if she would have said I've not been I can't get it done, which I have been told that by other black people on other shows. By the way, I'm sorry, I really would love to have you on. You know, I was on Tammer Hall too during my first book. But I've had a lot of people say I want to do it, but you know the story, you know what I've heard. You know, I wish I tried, but in the meeting it turned into this, that and the third. So I don't know if she had to deal with anything. I don't know if she had to speak up for me. I have no idea. She never made it a thing any of that. She just was like, I want to have you on, and the next thing, you know, I was on and I was expecting my son to get the call from between when she told me that I was going to be on, which was weeks before, I was expecting that she would text me and say, Sis, can we talk? Cause I get that all the time, and I already know what it is. You know, whenever I'm supposed to work on a project with the celebrity or you know, in some type of space like that and they text me, can we talk? Know that they're either trying to get there talking points to go back and fight, or they're getting ready to tell me that. Unfortunately, these folks are saying whatever whatever and let me support you in a different way. So that didn't happen. It was a great conversation. She's a beautiful person. The energy in the space was amazing. The black women that's showing up for Sherry Shepherd is also extremely powerful. Just beautiful to see all those black folks, men and women. So it was just a really really good vibe.
Speaker 2: Dope, you know, it looked very amazing. Like you said, everybody there was Dope. I was happening to be there to support you, and you know she was.
Speaker 1: Not to support me on you on.
Speaker 3: You are on the payroad for the tour, so let's get that anyway.
Speaker 1: It's your job. And what I told you about the.
Speaker 3: Job, do your job because we have got to do your job.
Speaker 2: You've got to get paid, So you got to your job. You know. It was it was just an amazing energy. And like you said, it's a lot of people that don't. It's a lot of people that say, oh, we're gonna do this and yeah, you can come on the show, and then it's and but I respect the people that say I can't because that's just the reality. Look, I'm at the boss here, you know, I work for some people and they said this. But the people that pissed me off is the ones that said they gonna do it and then they don't respond your your cyst and bro, we got you, we got you, like I don't, I don't even, I don't even energy. No, it's not even a fight. It's just for me. It's like, why should I have to fight because you volunteered something and we're still in this issue because it's people. It's just it's so much fake ship in this industry, and you know, and you just I've grown past the calling out and feeling a way because I know these be the same people that you'll hug tomorrow, that see you and be like, oh yo, yeah, you call me tomorrow. It's the same shit you see them, and it's the industry. Hug the industry. You just hit me up, we're gonna do this. And then you call them, they never answer what they respond once and then you see him again they act like they never told you. They told you last time, and you just keep playing this game. And before it would pissed me off.
Speaker 1: Before I remember, because you used to pull people like you can't me.
Speaker 2: But now I realized that you know, you know that, I know that you bullshit and I know you know, so I don't have to do because you you gotta deal with that. I don't even I don't take it on myself no more because that's the world we live in this industry. But it's good to see that there are still people still a genuine and authentic and you know, it was a dope interview. The energy was dope. You know, it was fun. It wasn't you know. It dived into the book, but it had some fun things she showed you social media. It was it just was a dope.
Speaker 3: And you know what, I think that my appearance on Sherry Shepherd's show showed. It gave people the ability to see the other sides of me because I have been boxed into what I have present. I'm not trying to say that people should just out of the head imagine something other than what they continuously see that you.
Speaker 1: Promote about yourself.
Speaker 3: And what I have been very comfortable as and what I am until the death of me is an activist, an organizer, a strategist in the movement. I am absolutely that I am a protester. That's what I am. But I just want folks to be able to see that there is a human side to people that is not just in front of a bullhorn, microphone camera. You know, just being the angry black woman all the time, although I'm angry as shit, and I don't let nobody take that from me however, however, or try to weaponize that, because we should be angry about everything that is happening in our society. But I will say that I also have other things about me, and I am evolving as a person. My forty four year old self is very much different than what people met in twenty nineteen, twenty twenty, twenty twenty one. I have a whole new thing going on that I can feel rising up in me, and so I think the interview gave an opportunity for people to see those things, and it made people mad because I've already received a few dms from people I know and don't know, like those bikini pictures, like you're letting people diminish your brand.
Speaker 1: I love when they get mad about the bikini is why.
Speaker 2: Would it diminish your brand?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I mean people are weird because they you know what it is people have in their mind what your brain is to them, So that means it's to you what you think it is exactly. No, my brain is not like when I say I'm gangsters woke. It's for people. Oh you can't No, I can be. You can't be. You don't get to tell me. Look, if I'm outside and you approach me in a way, I'm gonna handle it that way. When it comes to being woke, I'm gonna speak on behalf of my people. I'm going to merge both parts of me to create who I am, right, And I don't have to make you feel comfortable. Yeah, I don't have to make you feel comfortable about who I am and that's okay. And you don't have to like that part of me. You can be like you know what, they can be like Yo, you know what? To me, I don't really want to see you in the babies don't look right. Go to like you said, go to until freedom page. You're gonna see all of the business and all. But on this page, I might have on a babing suit, I might do this, I might do whatever I want on my personal page, because this is my personal life. And people gotta understand that the Internet makes people. And we love you as fans. We want you to love us for what you love us for. Right. If you just like my wraps, my YouTube page is full of raps, going in and watch my raps. If you don't like my political stance, don't come to my Instagram. Right, It's not gonna work for you because I'm gonna speak on what I think. So take the part of me that you like and enjoy it. Take it with you, but don't put the rest of the shit on me, because the other part you don't like, that's me. It's still me, and I'm not gonna change it to make you happy.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's it.
Speaker 3: So it is, it is what it is, Yes, but I am very grateful for that opportunity. And more over, and this is my thought of the day, I am grateful for the way that people are showing up on this tour now. I know in season four we talked about this as well, because the tour just began and there was so many incredible people coming out, and I said that I was just, you know, very very grateful. But I really want to kind of come at it from a different perspective today, because yes, people are showing up. And when I say showing up, it is amazing to me. It's beyond what I could have imagined. I knew that I wanted, which is why I have funded my entire tour myself, and I knew that I wanted a And by the way, funding my tour doesn't mean people haven't had to purchase tickets depending on the venues or whatever. But in terms of how I got there, the travel for the most part, ninety percent of the time, I've covered it myself. I've covered the team, different individuals who've either had to travel with me or handling different aspects of it. I've purchased books myself to give away here to give to different people. I have done as much as I can because I understand that the investment from you for you is going to be more significant. You're going to get more of a return from the investment that you put into yourself. My publishing team amazing, amazing, amazing. They have gone above and beyond to support me. But there are still limitations with a company that's working with a million authors. So if you really really want to see a product that is like a product that represents you in exactly what you want and your capabilities and your brand, you have to invest in it, right. And I know that's hard for people to hear because it's like, damn, I already struggled for you to hear what.
Speaker 2: You mean, because I had to, damn it. I'm not about this book, but just in general, I tell you believe in certain things. You're be like, wow, I don't know if people are going to come and I don't know. No, you have, you have it, you have.
Speaker 1: That particular part is different.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying is I always believe in investing in myself because no matter what we've done on this podcast, to my other businesses, to UH until Freedom, to the Justice League, and anything that we've been involved in, I have always put my credit card up with everybody else's.
Speaker 2: Let me let me I guess what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Is but I think you're speaking to the first part of what I was saying, which is the way that people are showing up is beyond my imagination and.
Speaker 2: I told you that it shouldn't be.
Speaker 3: But but well, it's it's that people are. If you know some of the events that I have been a part of the group of people who are having it right. The host let's just say they're charging one hundred and ten dollars for a ticket because they're feeding people, giving you a drink ticket, giving you a book that's signed by me, and of course they got to pay for a venue, so they have all that going on. Sure, I get there on my own in most situations. Few times other people have paid for me to come, But for the most part I don't even ask. I let them offer, or if not, if it's something I want to do, I'm on my way because I understand that having events for somebody, and this is my book, this ain't they booked like you know what I'm saying, it's a lot. It's if venues are not cheap, dinner, drinks, whatever you have, it's not cheap. So for somebody to go in their pocket in this day and age, with all the expenses, the eggs too high, to bread to how to gas too high, the daycare, distress of what's going on on the tea, the world is a mess for them to go in there pocket and say I'm gonna spend one hundred and ten dollars on this event so I could go and be a part of something for Temiega Mallory. And it's not just one, but in most places, one hundred, one hundred and fifty two hundred, three hundred people just this past weekend, and there have been some situations where it's even more folks than that showing up to celebrate and or just to be in community with me and other people. That is amazing. It's amazing to me. Amazing to get back to.
Speaker 1: My Twitter of the day.
Speaker 3: The thing that has been eye opening to me is the creativity and the genius and the entrepreneurial spirit of folks all over this country, everywhere that I've been. You think I have a book, people have six books that they have written on education, on health, kid on serious issues, or novels or you know, the Coldest Winter Ever sequel. Right, people in there, they're in their literary bag.
Speaker 1: They're in their author bag. People with all these books.
Speaker 3: I have so many books that come back with me in my suitcase. Sometimes I have to have them ship because twenty people in a room have a book that they're giving me. Also products, right, make a lipstick, you know anything, hair care products, stuff they're making at home wanting you to test. Now, y'all can stop giving me stuff that you're making at home that you want me to test that doesn't have a seal and a label and all that, because I'm telling you right now, I'm not gonna I'm not going to test it, and I'm not gonna eat the cookie or the whatever you bringing me that you made in your house. I'm just not gonna do it. You know, I'm just being honest, so you don't even bother.
Speaker 1: And by the way, I don't.
Speaker 3: Even want I really don't don't even want anything when i'm you know, most of the time, I'm like, let me just maybe have a glass of wine, maybe a plate.
Speaker 1: I don't want anything.
Speaker 3: That has to do with that because I unfortunately I've never met you before, you don't really know me. I don't know where this stuff is coming from. I don't know what it's gonna do to my skin, and I wouldn't bring it to you and expect you to use something that you whipped up in the kitchen and people be in my ear like I did this in the kitchen this and that.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 3: I really really understand, but I'm personally not going to put it on my body.
Speaker 1: That's just my truth. Okay.
Speaker 3: Nonetheless, the jackets, the Duffel bags. The one lady in Buffalo gave me a gen Duffel bag with my name on it. All kinds black folks are making everything that we need. Everything so even the stuff that's being whipped up in the kitchen, it's going somewhere. It's going from tests to tube. You know what I'm saying. It's gonna make it there because the products this stuff is like really good.
Speaker 1: And I feel like and I love what they're doing on Easter.
Speaker 3: Pastor Bryant, Jamaal Bryant and other passes around the country are opening up their churches as vendor spaces so that people who are even in target maybe not in target, Black vendors in general, will have the opportunity to be showcased. And I just feel like a lot more of our attention has to be spent in that particular way and that area of uplifting these people who don't have platforms, but they are out here with the thing that you want. You don't I have stuff where I don't need the jacket from such and such downtown in whatever whoever makes the jackets, like, I don't need that jacket because the black people making biker jackets.
Speaker 1: So anyway, that's what I think.
Speaker 3: I think a lot more of our attention has to be on uplifting these folks who are our genius is in their own way and making sure that the rest of the world gets to see it. And the thing about social media is that the algorithm is only going to allow us to promote so much of a thing, So only what ten percent?
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 3: What's our brothers Isaac Hayes would say it's even less than ten percent of your following is seeing your content, the products and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: I think we have to be a lot more intentional, right, I think we have to create an algorithm because the algorithm is there, right, and I think consistency, that's what I realized about algorithm. Right. We say that the algorithm grabs this. The algorithm grabs this because it sees that there's a need for it, and especially on your page, like certain things on your page, they figure out that certain people come to your page for certain things. So when you know what your algorithm is, because when you put out these certain things, you get a bunch of comments, you get a bunch of lives, because that is the bucket they've put you. Right in order for you to break out of that bucket, you gotta get start giving them something consistent outside of that, and so it can break into a different algorithm. So it's a process to do it, but you have to be intentional. And since I think that you that's a great idea because I know during you know, during the pandemic and during when we did a lot of just promoting all black people stuff, you know, after that boycott a Nike and I started promoting black you know, brands, the algorithm picked up. They really was picking up on it because it became something that I was, you know, focused on, and then people will come to tune in for it. So I think we I think we have an algorithm for it. I think we should really start being I think you have it too, because you can. Yeah, I think, well, I know I have an algorithm for I know every.
Speaker 1: Time that you can have an algorithm.
Speaker 2: You have, the algorithm picks up on my page for certain things.
Speaker 3: I think you have an audience for the audience algorithm for Yes, it is.
Speaker 2: It's all inside the audience. Your audience is part of your algorithm. That's what it is.
Speaker 3: When your audience what the algorithm is like, it's kind of like the popularity of your content.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know what anyway.
Speaker 2: It is pretty much your fan base, right, what your fan base reacts to that's your algorithm. Right, So when you when you put certain things on your page, you know, when you talk about social justice things, when you talk about certain things, you get a immediately people grab on it. You get the people to promoted, you get websites, they because that's what they want to see. Because they immediately see a lot of the other stuff that you put on there, they don't even see it because you can tell by the amount of views that you have. It's like, why is it I not this is good content, but it hasn't fit into your algorithm because it doesn't fit into what your audience normally said. So the computer doesn't send it out with the same vigor that it does. So that's what the algorithm does. The computer identifies the content you have and realize, oh, this is the content that people know how for, so they make sure that all of your followers see it. Yeah, but when you don't have that and you still putting new stuff up, the views get very low. So we gotta just build it.
Speaker 3: Of interesting information because you know, I don't really pay attention that much and I don't really know how it operates. I just post stuff and keep it moving. But there is obviously a science to it. So let's get into our t M. I the too much. You're doing too.
Speaker 2: Much, too much, getting done too much.
Speaker 3: Too much. So everybody's up and not everybody. Let me stop saying everybody, because there's a lot of people who are not up in arms about it at all.
Speaker 1: But there is a.
Speaker 3: Conversation about Marvin sat that is a re surface video, so it's not something that happened recently that someone put out. Where he is at a conference, uh. And he tells people, which is a it's a church conference, which is mostly where he is all the time, and he tells the trustees and security, lock the doors, don't let anybody out. I'm raising money. I need to raise forty thousand dollars in here. And he starts to tell people how he wants it raised. You know, he wants it twenty five dollars, twenty dollars, twenty dollars.
Speaker 1: I think was some was it?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: Was the baseline? I think that was the baseline. I could be wrong. Yeah, so Janisi is twenty dollars, right, it was the baseline. And so again he's at a conference, right, and so he starts asking for this, and I guess they've calculated it's exceed If it's packed, then you could get to your amount by this. And so people are like, oh, you know, he's telling he's locking people in, which is kind of like holding people hostage. You know, it's like kind of like quasi kidnapping. And there you know, that's from the comments what I see. And one of the questions that was asked is like, where's the line between.
Speaker 1: Stewardship and showmanship?
Speaker 3: I think for a lot of people when they say showmanship, I think I'm just getting in other people's heads and honoring their thoughts that when you say showmanship, what you're really kind of saying is that it's so much pomp and circumstance, and then you got to raise all this money and you want to you know, to be on the stage, lock the doors and talking whatever. And people see it as performative even though and they say our work is performative too.
Speaker 1: This is a normal a word.
Speaker 3: No, So folks feel like, you know, he's wrong because he is locking people in and essentially forcing them to come up with X amount of dollars at this faith based conference. So the question then becomes, I have an opinion. I always have an opinion, and for tem I we might not always have our own opinions, but I do have an opinion. But I do I would put it out there to the world, do you know. Never mind, we're not up to the question yet. Right now, I just want to hear what you think about it. We actually never really talked about this.
Speaker 2: And I think for me, it's like anything, what did the church say, the people in the church? Did the people did somebody come forward that was at the conference, that was in the church that felt defended that? Have we heard that?
Speaker 3: Well, the video came from somebody in the church at the event.
Speaker 2: I mean, just showing the video doesn't mean that you're offended. You might just.
Speaker 3: There's been no outcry from the attendees to say, oh my god, we feel so you know, harmed by this.
Speaker 2: And I think that's telling, right. I think in any situation, like when you talk about people like that, there's always been this conversation about the past. Is you know in a collection played? And why do you need a collection plate? And I say to myself, if you don't go to that church, then you wouldn't understand if you not donating, if you're not putting your money in that collection plate, then you shouldn't have an issue what goes in that collection plate. It's always outside people that have an issue about people giving him money, grown adult people who said, you know what, I would like to put my money in this collection plate because I believe in this church, I believe in that past. I believe they're going to do something good with my money, and I'm okay with that. These are grown people making decisions. So for me, I think that every time, it's always the backlash coming from people that have nothing to do with the situation. Right, So if the people who were in the church right, who were in this conference came forward and felt like what he was doing was wrong, if his congregation was saying that he was going about something wrong, that I would understand that. Then there would be a conversation. But the fact that you just somebody looking on and you you, first of all, you're not even familiar with the culture of that church, with that preacher, with the culture of that congregation, or that that you know, that convention, you don't you're not familiar with what goes on in that So you're making an assessment and the decision based on something you know. It's like it's like a relationship. It's like seeing being mad at the way two people deal with their relationship, and they not mad at it.
Speaker 1: But if you see a man being a woman.
Speaker 2: Being a woman is different. If a man tell us woman, you'll go get me some food and she started laughing. I like when you might like, she might like the way he tell her to gets it might be role playing for them. You're paying attention to people's business and you've made an assessment that is wrong because it's not for you. That's why you ain't in that relationship. That's why you wasn't at that conference. That's why you don't go to that man's church. You go to the preacher the church that says, hey, if you have a couple of hours, can you please give it to I've been to churches.
Speaker 1: That they don't send her.
Speaker 2: They don't say but that also been to churches and not even church. I've been to mars where they say, listen, we need to raise one hundred thousand dollars, and we know a few of y'all got about five thousand dollars, got good suits on. You know what I'm saying. Don't don't leave too fast. I know you got a good suit on and we know we can get two or three of y'all to put five thousand dollars because we need to make and you know what happens, and people come out there in pockets or they don't, and then and if people are happy and they come back, every in the church is full. The monster is still full. So what I'm trying to say is people always want to have an opinion about somebody else's situation. If you're not a church person, if you don't go to that type of church, if you're not into that type of church, then find but trying to say that it's wrong because it's something not something that you would do. It's not illegal, it's not crime. Nobody's robbed anybody, nobody's filed these charges. You probably just need to go to a church that fits you. That preacher in that situation is just not for you. That's just my opinion.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I well, here's my opinion. I'm not even gonna get into a long drawn out thing. The bottom line is that I've been going to church since I was a little girl. And not only have I been in church since I was a little girl, I've also been in uh in organizations, civil rights organizations. Since I was a little child, and as young as five years old, my mother used to roll up whatever the money that I'm supposed to you know, that is my portion. She taught me about tithing and stewardship from a young age. From five years old, I had my own envelopes, my own number stick, my little five dollars in there. I used to save it all week so by the end of the week, you know, fifty cent, twenty five.
Speaker 1: Cent or whatever.
Speaker 3: Then she would put whatever else so that five dollars would be in my envelope. And I can remember multiple times being in church or being at a rally, or in some situation where the pastor will say, nobody move while I'm raising money, or the speaker, nobody moves while I'm raising money. Matter fact, close the door. Nobody might want nobody moving for two reasons. The first reason is just on a lighter side. You know, it's like, nah, we're gonna get this money in here today, so ain't nobody getting Now is not the time you done have your holy spirit, You done sang songs and did all the things you feel me up floor, and now when it's time to get the collection played going you finna slide on out, slip tiptoe with the one finger in the air. So that's on a lighter note, but on the serious side, when people start moving all around and money is being collected and you don't know what's going on, and pastors, just like everybody else, have the right to say, hold up, I want to.
Speaker 1: See where the moving pieces are.
Speaker 3: While I'm up here vulnerable, either collecting money or not. I know some past SAIDs that are even concerned about people running around and moving too much in the church in the spirit.
Speaker 2: Because the door you might really need.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly.
Speaker 3: So with that being said, with that being said, and holding that on one side, that this is regular, this is this culture.
Speaker 1: And to your point, to your point, the reason.
Speaker 3: Why there are not one hundred, two hundred people even fifteen people that were in the room that day saying that was in the facility that day saying oh, I'm so offended and upset about it, is because most people that go to churches, especially at the level of Marvin Sap, Marvin Sap is not the preacher from the corner of your community. And I'm not saying that he ain't because he raised money too. The corner preacher raised money too. Okay, so let's just get that. But Marvin sap is on a totally different level. When you go to his church, it's a it's a bigger space, there's more expenses. The real question is not how he said it and whether or not to me, some other people will say, no, it does matter to me how he said it.
Speaker 1: Cool, that's that's you. But it doesn't that that's not I'm not caught up in that. What I want to know is what are.
Speaker 3: The services that the church provides from from Sunday to Saturday.
Speaker 1: That's what I want to know. I want to know after church is over, what do they do?
Speaker 3: Because I know for a fact, not because of what I think, not because of what somebody told me. But I know for a fact that Marvin Sapps specifically and his congregation are very very community oriented. I know for a fact that they feed people. I know for a fact that they're invested in housing, that they do community activities, that they are giving out scholarships, that their work, they're holding up young people. Now, I can see if all you see is the past to just rolling up, get the money, and then the church does nothing in the community cool, you need to raise that. As members of the church, you need to raise that. But I know the type of pastor he is because I know his friends. I know where he comes from. I know that Jamal Brian is one of his friends. I know that Rudy McKissick, who is one of my best friends, is one of his friends. I know who he's around and the people that are he's around. They have ministries that are deeply invested in community. So if somebody can show me where the money that's being raised is going towards vacation for not just him, before the staff and everybody to go on Monday until Friday, they go to the beach and then they come back on Saturday and they act like they just back for preparation for church, then I can tell me that. But if what you're telling me is you didn't like the way he said it, and yet the work that's being done is something that you do like I'm not acting.
Speaker 1: So that's how I feel about it. I think, y'all, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think Marvin Sapp is the one that was doing too much in this situation.
Speaker 1: I think the critics are doing.
Speaker 2: They always in the comments that might be a segment we need to do in the comments. In the comments, let.
Speaker 3: Us go to the next thing because Janice is gonna kill us. So our next topic today is hilarious to me. I mean, just knocked down on the floor.
Speaker 1: Just swipe, just.
Speaker 3: Screaming, hollering that you okay, I know how I'm gonna say it.
Speaker 1: I know you fucking lying that Elon Musk is out of his rabbit ass. Mine.
Speaker 3: This man is doing an interview. You posted this. He's doing this interview here where he is saying, I can't believe that people are watching my think he said, Bernie saying Tim Walls. He said, he said that Tim Walls, and it's a creep.
Speaker 2: He called him a creep. He said, what kind of creep? You know? He's he's on stage and he's parading the fall of chestless stocks, stock numbers.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, don't don't don't do Okay, he has disabilities.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he has. He never said, I'm just I'm just speaking to He said, you know, and and he's parading, he's parading the stock for right, What kind of creep does that? What kind of creep? Praise and Happiness he's someone fall No one does that. No, no, no, you know he's a creep. He's a creep, this guy. So what I'm saying to myself, how could he be a creep when you was on the stage.
Speaker 1: I never saw this, I never saw.
Speaker 2: I never saw the man had a soul. Somebody he cutting the jobs and he was a government.
Speaker 3: And like one of them conferences with all the white people like this, but I didn't know he had He was like this, like a chainsaw.
Speaker 2: It was a fake chainsaw, but they gave him the chainsaw simulating that he.
Speaker 3: Was going to simulating.
Speaker 2: Symbolizing the same thing. I know what I'm talking about, all the ole thing. But anyway, he was simulating like he was cutting the prices, and he was cutting the jobs. So you felt felt it was a creep, right, somebody was a creep for talking about your stock prices. You're the richest man in the world, and there was a creep because they talk about how your stock prices had plummeted. But you was the good person for just cutting people's jobs, every day jobs that worked their whole life and went to school and and did everything they could to get in these federal jobs and you cut their jobs, and you made a joker. But yeah, we're cutting it all, get rid of it. But you wasn't the creep though.
Speaker 3: But not only are you cutting jobs, you're calling people parasites for needing social services. And meanwhile, you are an American welfare and recipient because every single one of your businesses you have needed American money. You have needed handouts in order to save them because they were failing. You and Trump have literally robbed the system literally to if we're going by your.
Speaker 2: Stations, think about but just think about just you got to really think about what they're telling you, right, what Social Security is right, because the average person that works every day, the tax money goes, they have the Social Security like immediately they take it out of your check.
Speaker 3: And it goes to the and it goes and social Security money does get used.
Speaker 2: So the Social Security money is every person in America that most of the people that work, that money goes into the pot to pay. So when you can't work, to when you're too old, when you have disability, when you've done all the work and you can now you get the money that you delay away. So you're telling people that delay their money away that they parasites, right, but oh no.
Speaker 1: Well that's that's social security.
Speaker 3: But and now and he what, well, I can't say he made a distinction, but I would imagine that what he would say is that he's talking more so about food stamps and uh checks and what I'm saying, I know, no, I'm not saying he hasn't attacked social security. And yes there's some specific things there, but I'm saying, well, he made the parasite comment. I just want to give credit, like not credit, but I just want to be careful to make.
Speaker 2: Sure well, he said that people who take social security, Oh.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: I didn't because I know what I was going to try to do is and what by the way, I'm not trying to say that. I'm not trying to make it better, y'all. Wasn't trying to make it better. What I was trying to do is say, let's go with your theory. Let's not even talk about social security. Let's just go with what welfare and what's the other thing, welfare and food stamps?
Speaker 1: Right, let's just go with that.
Speaker 3: What I'm trying to say is that you were able to come to this country to build your businesses and when they failed, you turned to government assistance to get you some money to help save your businesses. If that's if that, I don't and by the way, and by the way, that's government assistance. And by the way, I'm not saying that you're a parasite. Right, well, I'm saying it now. I'm saying it now. Now I'm saying and that's the same. So now I'm now are with you, Now I'm with you that they're exactly you're a worse parasite than some of the little parasites that's getting three hundred dollars a month for food stamps.
Speaker 1: So we're talking about real parasites here.
Speaker 3: You a piranha. Okay, you're the piranha for sure. So but what I'm saying is that since you want to label people, can't why you didn't sit on the TV and just say, you know what, it's fair game, you know cool, If that's what Tim Walls want to do, that's fine. You know why, because you are not just a You're not just a narcissist. You're a diabolical, dangerous individual that you want people to feel sorry for you.
Speaker 2: Not only but no, not only that, I ain't mean to cut you off. But the man said, one of the biggest faults in America is empathy. He said, that's one of the biggest flaws that America has, is that we have empathy. Just think about the mind state of a person that says empathy is a flaw. So now you telling them, You just said it, told the whole world that America's flaws is empathy. But you want people to be empathetic that you lost your billion dollars and you got more money than anybody in the world. You want people to be empathetic that your stock is for.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? You know what I think is so funny. I can imagine that any half.
Speaker 3: Of an adult that works around these people, any half of an adult, right, Like, let's just say Milania is half of an adult, because she don't be wanting to be around with them. She don't even be wanting fool with them jokers. But let's just say she's half of an adult. And she watches out the window of the White House, maybe if she's there or on the news while she's in New York at home with her son, who she says, I have to stay with my son because he's in college and I need to be there, which fine, says, do your thing. But if she sees them with a tesla on the lawn, like on the whatever, the pavement of the White House with these two big dummies Donald Trump and standing there.
Speaker 2: Was terrible. Trump was telling you weeks ago. It's terrible. I don't even know why. Why would anybody buy now? I love my tesla.
Speaker 3: Kilon Musk is standing there like, yeah, help me, help me, help me. They're messing with my money, help me, help me. And Donald Trump is like trying to sell it. I can imagine that this lady is just like this is so embarrassing. It is very embassing.
Speaker 2: I mean when you have any level of sanity.
Speaker 3: Because we don't know her family, right, we don't know her family, so for all we know, she's got family members that's calling her saying now.
Speaker 1: Girl, because you know she kind of brown slightly a little a little a little little bit of something that's in there. We did I need to do a little research. She probably got somebody that's like, girl, what in the world. It's a ship It's a ship show.
Speaker 2: The ship show. And speaking of a ship show, that brings me to my idom. Meet now this video has been serviced. You sent me this video, and I'm like, why would you send me this?
Speaker 3: I sent it to you for a very specific reason, but I'll wait until you finished.
Speaker 2: I'm sitting there and I just see like a little video and just tunes to this man. He happens to be a Caucasian white man, Caucasian white and all of a sudden, you just see like this little sprinkle coming from between and he's sitting on a plane. And the man is literally sitting on a plane peeing, like peeing in the seat, not in the bathroom, in the seat, Like, well, I'm so confused now. It looks like it might be something wrong with his prostate too, because he don't.
Speaker 1: Really have what are you talking about.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like the little bit of p might be peeing.
Speaker 3: On his balls, but maybe it was something else. Maybe he because we don't see his actual peepee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't get to see that. The fact that it was a it wasn't. This man was peeing on plane. He was peeing. And if this was me, I would have threw water on him. I would have screamed everything, Yeah, what you're doing? He nasty mother. If I'd have called him out like that, Literally, you have to get off the plane, like it's no way that you that lazy or anything that you're sitting there peeing on a plane.
Speaker 1: But you what's going on?
Speaker 2: I just don't understand the mind state of a man that's sitting on a plane. And the thing is somebody is taping you. They across from you. He never looked to the side one time to see if anybody else was looking at him. He's literally just sitting there like this, peeing like it's the weirdest shit.
Speaker 3: But there is something, there's something about what's y'all don't get it.
Speaker 2: I don't get the man peeing on a plane. But what do you mean? But I don't get it? Do you get him being on a plane?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Because you know what, there's some freaks out here.
Speaker 3: It's people that they do exposing themselves. They are people who he might be one of those people that has a mixture of exposure.
Speaker 1: He wants to be what's call when.
Speaker 3: You expose yourself, it's called being a exhibitionist. Right, But no, but listen, he might be an exhibitionist and he likes to pee on people all in one thing like he probably is some weird ass freak. But you know what I don't get. This is what I don't get.
Speaker 2: I expect.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you what I expect. Let me tell you what I expect.
Speaker 1: Me expect.
Speaker 3: No, No, I'm not even I think the person who recorded is important because it helps supprove my point.
Speaker 1: I get it all.
Speaker 3: What I don't get is how anybody would take themselves on the plane.
Speaker 1: And sit in the seat and use the screen.
Speaker 3: The the what you call the thing, the lights, and the air conditioning, and put the seatbelt on and touch the buttons on the side when you have no way of knowing if the person before you was pissing on the plane. I clean everything that I can. I'm not saying that. I'm not saying that I am cleaning it to the point where I'm not getting I'm not touching any germs.
Speaker 1: But I tell you what I'm not gonna do.
Speaker 3: I'm definitely not putting my head the back of my hair on a headboard or the yeah, the headboard, it's not the headboard, but the head rest, the head rest of the plane, knowing that your dan drift, your sweat, your whatever is going into my head. And then I'm gonna take my head and put it in my in my in my hat, in my.
Speaker 1: Head, scar in my bed. Are you crazy?
Speaker 3: Nah, I'm wiping that down. If I have time and I get on the plane early enough, I wipe the seat from the top.
Speaker 1: Down.
Speaker 3: I pull the flaps, you know how to the flaps be back like this, I pull them and clean them. Because one time I happen to be talking to a friend who was I was in comfort, the first row of comfort, and my friend was in first class, and I leaned up.
Speaker 1: To say, hey, girl, you know, good to see you know, you're just talking somebody.
Speaker 3: You happen to bump into them on a plane, and I happened to look my head and saw that I guess they was eating food or whatever. They must have grabbed like this, and it was like ketch up and something. It was so filthy, and I'm like, I told her, don't move. Another thing that happened to me one day I was on the plane and this man was sitting.
Speaker 1: Right across and he.
Speaker 3: Was cleaning his nose and doing and he hawked into the tissue. And when the flight attendant came by, she took all the people's stuff, which she should have had her gloves on, but she didn't, and this man, knowing what was in this tissue, gave it to her in her hand. I got up and shot myself to the front, to the little area, because how do I know she gonna wash her hands in between making somebody's drink. That's why I don't drink out there. Glass would like to have a plastic cut. I mean, I don't play around. I clean, and so I don't understand anybody that gets on the plane without some wipes or something to say, let me wipe this down before I sit my ass down here and go to sleep and lay back and do all.
Speaker 1: Of this and touch the thing.
Speaker 3: And then I want to pick my own nose or rub my face or scratch somewhere. And I'm gonna take piss from a man with me and boogers and nastiness.
Speaker 2: So when you ask what boogers and nastiness?
Speaker 1: When you ask, when you say, what, you don't get?
Speaker 2: She said, boers and nastiness. Oh my god, you can't make this up. And the funny part is, y'all think she exaggerated, but she ain't even giving you the full story. The lady gets on the plane and it be to the point where they give her all of the whites. Like she goes to the person, my own wife, you have she got a bag for the wife, about three hundred of them. But she still makes sure. She goes to the flight attendant, say do you have wipes? And they don't. They stop giving them out, you know, recently some of them. And if they have them, they'll give her the whole bag. And she she's like a kid in the candy. So she lights up, her eyes light up. She puts them in the bag. She goes to her seat and she opens them up and she wipes. And if I happen to be sitting next to her, she's like, no, no, no, no, sit there, don't touch anything. What are you doing? Don't touch it? And then she'll pass you the wipe. And then if you don't do it good enough, she's like no, no, no, no no. The button's there, no no, no no, and she wipes it down, and do you be sitting there? Funny, And she wipes the whole seat down. She wipes every button, seat belt, she makes anything, and if you anything too much, she'll be like, don't touch that. It is a full movie. It is not And this is every flight. It's not like once. This is every flight. She doesn't take no days off.
Speaker 1: Yes I do, I say, am a couple of times.
Speaker 3: I can be like because the night from the night before, I feel like the germs they kind of they you know, once that plane is parked for you know, however many hours, eight hours or seven hours, and they wiped it down a little bit. When I get on at six o'clock, I'm like, I'm basically heading home to try to clean myself up.
Speaker 1: Anyways, so I'm gonna just go with it.
Speaker 3: But this this head thing, head rest, I cannot put my hair.
Speaker 1: Oh anyway, all right, thank you.
Speaker 2: It's a real thing.
Speaker 1: I am very serious about it.
Speaker 3: I just think cleanliness is next to godliness, as the Muslim community says.
Speaker 2: I agree. I agree. I mean, but you are godly necks next to godiness because if you if cleanliness now, because you it's above and beyond. Like it's above and beyond. She wants me watch you with your phone and like, did you did you wipe the phone down? Like wipe your phone off? Like she does this to everybody. She'll watch a stranger about to touch something and be like, let me.
Speaker 3: Just say this, I found my tribe. I found my people because in the comments section where the man was paying Janice, I wrote a comment and I said, I cannot believe that people sit there and they don't clean down area, and there is there are a bunch of folks in there who are saying cuss words like I don't give a shit, who don't like it? I clean everything. They gotta wait for me to clean it down. I said that what I'm talking about, get it, that's it. Those my people in the comment section. Matter of fact, I need to see who them people are so I can send every single one of them my book.
Speaker 1: I live to tell the story. Okay, lord, there we go.
Speaker 2: You with that said brings us to the end of another episode. So it definitely was a good start to the new season. Season five.
Speaker 1: Yes, season five.
Speaker 2: Here we appreciate y'all. Make sure that your tune in as usual. Let us know who you want to see, let us know what topics y'all want to discuss. Tell us you love us, tell us you hate us, tell us we the number one podcast in the world because we are t M. I were about to go on tour, right, were about to go to make sure that you. That's what it is. Listen, the t and My Tours coming.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get the money.
Speaker 2: Listen, we're gonna put it up.
Speaker 1: We we.
Speaker 2: We speak about we, we we speak friends, we we you know, we're gonna put it up. The TM MY Tours coming. Let us know where y'all want the T M I Show to come to, and we're gonna come to the city near you. I'm not gonna always be right, Tamika. The marriage and I can always be wrong, but we will both always and I mean always be authentic peace. That's