Speaker 1: This show contains terrifying, shocking, and haunting stories that some listeners may find disturbing or offensive. It's two forty six am. You're driving down a dirt road just off the sixty two. Not a soul in sight, just you and the desert night. But wait, you hear a signal off in the distance. It's faint, but it grows louder. Is it the howl of a coyote, the hiss of a king snake? Or is it the voice of a man guiding you toward a great darkness? From my Heart Radio and Overtones Media, you're listening to YFT two of the only sound you'll hear in the sleep old Valley. I'm Dixon Lewis, your lone companion for the night, and I've got a new batch of stories to keep you up as you drive down the dusty, desolate highway. There's something fishy happening at the Gowanas Canal and Ruby and the podcast producer goes deep into the depths to unearth the mystery. What she finds is more shocking than any other true crime podcast could come up with. This is Dirty Bathwater by Jasmine J. T. Green.
Speaker 2: So you're not gonna tell me why you left early last.
Speaker 3: Night, bitch, I was hired. I need a depression now.
Speaker 2: Ruby, you left the ceremony at eight point thirty. That's not a depression nap. That is a depression sleep and your social sleep.
Speaker 4: Don't even do this when you start.
Speaker 2: Screenshotting song lyrics. Something has to be up.
Speaker 3: Hold on, I'm getting a phone call.
Speaker 5: Okay, Hello, Hi, Hi Grace. Yes, Luna's with me. Will be there soon. Yes, g is delayed again. I know, I know it's the third time in a row.
Speaker 4: Okay, bye, that fucking bitch.
Speaker 3: No, if she wasn't so worried about being a girl boss all the time, she might actually have friends.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: I heard she has a blow up mattress on her her dask girl.
Speaker 3: I heard she sucks the body fellow because.
Speaker 4: She gave her any girl. I feel so bad.
Speaker 3: You honestly shouldn't.
Speaker 2: Like all my friends are in the city. Jobs decides like what can you do you at this point? Like you could post s fine cotton from living.
Speaker 6: No, I can never tell if I'm going the right way. Porch Peek station Church Avenue. We all mushed together.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I think porkholder where Okay, do you.
Speaker 6: Know what, Stark, we have to get off to get to the canw.
Speaker 3: Oh, a couple of cops after got the kill, but bigger, noiseless down, thank you.
Speaker 1: I can move this happening?
Speaker 3: How many people do you think are gonna show up?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: How many are actually gonna do it?
Speaker 6: From the comments, I then like some to Oh my god, I'm not gonna lie. We look good, red, really gorgeous.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm burn like the lobsters.
Speaker 3: What doll wear and red? You think it look like any stop sign?
Speaker 1: But I'm not lie. I'm hot, I know.
Speaker 4: I M.
Speaker 2: Ruby, Lena coming, I'm here.
Speaker 4: The rest of the team.
Speaker 1: You just walked in? All right?
Speaker 4: Can you see my screen started? Never mind my slightest morning grace. Sure. Usually the board doesn't join us for our weekly pitches, but they're super curious if we have any true cry ideas in the pipeline. Anyway, let's get started. Yeah, uh, Ruby, huh yeah you let's start with you. What podcast ideas you got for us? Anything with a serial killer?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, for sure, but not a serial killer or something better.
Speaker 5: Let me see I have it in my nose.
Speaker 3: App Oh, that's not that one.
Speaker 1: That's a shopping loss.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, yeah I got something. So I was in bedside the other day and I ran into Chris. He has this popular account where he gets voting advice, and he ab.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna stop you right there. Let's have a quick chat after the meeting. Can I okay's next.
Speaker 1: Baby?
Speaker 4: This is the third beak in a row. You've brought neighborhood gossip.
Speaker 3: This isn't neighborhood gossip. It's literally what's going on in our community. I was about to get to my greater point about how it's a larger narrative about Look.
Speaker 4: When I started off in public radio, I thought that I could change the world through empathy. But shit is different now. These structure Productions has been and always is, looking for podcasts that can be flipped into movies. You can't sell a story about one of the activists to streaming. This is a business, not a bulletin board. Now, Ruby, I'm gonna be real, not as your editor, but as a peer. The board is seriously thinking about layoffs, and the first line item to cut is the editorial team. You haven't had a pitch that was adapted in the last six months, and we're running out of cash. I really need you to step it up and come up with a story that we can sell, because in the editorial pecking order, especially producers have the first to go. I need a dead girl in a lake, a guy to a good session. Well, we could take up social media, soccer or else we're all out of oolves.
Speaker 3: Okay, I got it, Well I might have something.
Speaker 4: I saw something weird on the train today, Beared, Why didn't you take the rest to day and will leave? Okay, okay, thanks, Grace.
Speaker 3: Got hundreds of girls that are at the canal. Some of them are holding signs and.
Speaker 7: Fuck you Erica, take back our canal.
Speaker 3: Looks like the mayor's here too.
Speaker 5: Everyone, everyone, please, let's have a civil conversation.
Speaker 3: Fuck you Erica, Fuck you Erica.
Speaker 5: Fuck you.
Speaker 7: We don't want to fucking dialogue. We want the right to swim in our.
Speaker 3: Someone knocked my phone out of my hand.
Speaker 7: I think they bump me.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: One PM.
Speaker 3: One of the protesters is standing on a bench. Everyone keeps looking at her. It looks like she's some kind of leader.
Speaker 7: When I gathered everyone to make a statement that you are closing down our parks, our libraries, our public spaces and We deserve the right to access where we pay our hard earned taxes on Yeah, Yeah, you tear list. When I started my page, left this Liz was just a space to share cripes of this city. This city I dreamed about from my bedroom in Vermont and fell in love with the minute. I've moved here a long time ago, last summer, and now to see hundreds of you, The lizlie here to make a statement to our mayor.
Speaker 6: Liz, this is unlawful gathering and we will apply force if necessary.
Speaker 7: We will apply force by any means necessary. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Tensions appear to be as anything between the mayor and the followers of leftist Liz, a white woman who apparently loves Malcolm X.
Speaker 7: We can't enter our libraries, but big box retailers keep expanding. We can't afford to live here, but empty high rises like dormant across Manhattan and now here in Brooklyn. We want to demonstrate to you, our leader of this city, that our blood is on your hands. The Gowana's Canal is one of the most undesired bodies of water, and the way you treat us New Yorkers is just as undesirable as the water beneath.
Speaker 2: Us, who.
Speaker 4: Legion it's time to enter the canal.
Speaker 3: All the young women that showed up in Grete soaking in the canal. The mayor and her team are frantically trying to convince everyone to accellent. This is soak is our one of the books.
Speaker 8: If you.
Speaker 4: Oh, oh, oh, good morning morning.
Speaker 8: We hope you had a great rest after that little bob on your head. We took the scenic route to get you back home on Stirling Place. While you were out, we wipe the data on your phone. By the way, you've got some great news. It seems like the Estra dial is working for you and that anxiety. It was nice reading your journal entries. I'll never understand why your generation. That's everything about We came across some other stuff too, all those voice memos for your little story. Yeah, you should probably stop while you're a head before there's a podcast made about you. Goodbye, lady Johnson.
Speaker 4: Girl.
Speaker 2: Why do you want to meet in the fucking supply closet? And why won't you make d just hit last night? And what the fuck is on your face? I got a fucking black eye.
Speaker 4: I'm then some fucking shit.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, You're seriously fucking freaking me out. It is honestly.
Speaker 3: Creepier than I remember those girls on the train. Okay, there were more of them, all wearing red. At the canal, there was an influencer and she was like fighting the mayor and I was taking notes on my phone, and then everyone jumped in the water, and all of a sudden, I clacked out, what the hell?
Speaker 2: And then and then I got this, So you're joining the legion of Brooklyn transexual DJs.
Speaker 3: Girl, This is not a joke. I got an email from a burner account with this weird audio message.
Speaker 4: It freaked me out.
Speaker 3: So I'm in a backup because whoever this has hacked my phone. I guess I don't know. I'm freaking out.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, says think, why were they say you a waste message? And like, don't people usually just like send a letter with the magazine clippings for some shared girl.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe they were worried about fingerprints.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, wait, wait, wait, wait, let me let me say that USB stick. I'll be right back.
Speaker 3: But don't know what the fuck you put me up your DJ quite another time like this, First of.
Speaker 2: All, if you remember, I had a gig last night. I had offered this cute by them, and things went really well. The second bitch, use your fucking head. Okay, like if the voice was distorted right right right, So let me see the drive.
Speaker 3: Okay, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: If you would come to any of my gigs, you would know. So it sounds like there's a couple of effects on this file. I know that sounds like fun.
Speaker 1: Col What do we do?
Speaker 4: I know?
Speaker 2: I like hoodies?
Speaker 1: Like do I look like a fucking anger? Think?
Speaker 4: Think?
Speaker 3: Okay, it's what eleven forty nine.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: Grace should be finishing her last year before lunch, and she always goes off for yes, exactly.
Speaker 2: Black clockwork.
Speaker 4: Helena. Yes, sir, No, everything is going according to plan. Don't marry. I took care of baby. I'll be there soon on the re size. Okay, I can pick up you have a bur drive, kay.
Speaker 2: Grace left her laptop on the desk.
Speaker 3: Do you think there's something on there?
Speaker 2: Girl? This isn't an indie thriller. We can't hack it to somebody's computer.
Speaker 1: Give me your phone?
Speaker 3: What I unlock?
Speaker 4: Your phone? Can turn on the air drop.
Speaker 1: Okay, here.
Speaker 2: Girl, hurry up, she'd right come back.
Speaker 1: I don't know the password.
Speaker 2: Think what would Grace make as her password? She's corny as shit?
Speaker 3: I don't hard so god, mom, love is love?
Speaker 4: Uh wait?
Speaker 3: I found us posting note on a monitor. Do you think this might be it?
Speaker 2: Try it?
Speaker 3: Okay, empathy is a superpower to be fourteen.
Speaker 4: That was a girl.
Speaker 2: Hurry she's got a bunch of shit on her desktop.
Speaker 1: Zip it up and let's get out of here. Okay, how's this for sure?
Speaker 4: Coming?
Speaker 1: You fucking bitch. We'll be back with our broadcast after these messages. What the fuck did we just do?
Speaker 4: Know?
Speaker 1: What the fuck? What do you think is in there? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Looks like there's like a bunch of text files and there's one video and looks like a recording.
Speaker 3: Play it, you gotta play it.
Speaker 4: Thank you to the board for joining me on this week's touch fase to catch everyone up to speed. You should now be seeing the GAMP chart of outlining the timeline thus far. Yes, we can see it now. Okay, as you can see, we've just entered phase three. Hold on, hold on right there, swee three. I thought we would be at phase five by now, not still activating enzymes. I'm so sorry for the confusion. He llow me to backtrack. Phase one was the influencer of recruitment stage, in which we partnered with leftist Liz, who, as you all know, has one point five million followers, eighty three percent of whom are within our target demographic of eighteen to twenty four year old women. Phase two was the mobilizing stage, where Liaison inspires her followers around some cause. And then yesterday we achieved Phase three with the entry of the test subjects into the canal, which contained the necessary enzymes for the anti aging serums. Right correct, and we're still on track for delivery. At the end of Q two. We've already secured the asking Christy for our PREADMA marketing campaign.
Speaker 6: Excellent work, Grace, and I just you've noticed that the mayor's invoice has been processed.
Speaker 4: Finally we'll be able to shutter, structure and pivot.
Speaker 2: Our jobs are fucking dying.
Speaker 8: No fuck that.
Speaker 2: We gotta link this to the press, bitch. We are the press. At least we're supposed to be, Like, who is gonna believe us? Everybody gonna think it's a fucking deep fake or something.
Speaker 3: Can we do this on our own girl, what No, we have to post this online ourselves. We beat them at their own fucking game. Una. We know that leaks and pitches get killed all the fucking times, and if they don't, then next thing, you know, some other random editor or riders taking credit for rucking work.
Speaker 2: Ruby, Ruby, Ruby, Ruby. People are getting fucking tested and brainwashing ship and you're worried about clout.
Speaker 3: Huna, Give me the phone, minds wiped and you have a verified at Ruby.
Speaker 8: Give me the phone, give me.
Speaker 3: The can, Give you the phone, the fucking phone. Hi everyone, I'm Ruby Johnson. I'm a journalist and a friend of Luna Ruby.
Speaker 2: You don't have to do this. You don't want to do the new character of the Internet.
Speaker 7: I have to.
Speaker 3: M Yesterday there was a protest at the Guarana's Canal organized by the popular influencer Leftist Live. I've come across information that the protest is actually part of a larger scheme by a venture capital group.
Speaker 7: Joint trust me.
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Do you believe this? Have you been looking at the comments? I think it's just people people are.
Speaker 4: Home to the next trust.
Speaker 7: What's the Let me see that.
Speaker 3: You heard the recording. That was Grace, my editor at the Structure Productions. Yeahs, we might have heard of the Pond Award winning contact.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure all of your friends are.
Speaker 3: She was behind this plane to turn you women like us to test subjects, to extract your youth? Are women that to sell back to us for what profit? To make gloom of Us feel like shit about ourselves. I want to challenge you, all, two thousand of you, to step up and make your voices hurt, to structure, to these fucking venture capital stabs that our voices matter. We can create change Today at two pm, Bloody Structure Headquarters and tell everyone you know and we're purple, the color our suffers sisters and queer veterans for war on the front lines. Join me and your fellow radicals, Ruby Radical signing off.
Speaker 1: Dirty Bathwater is written and directed by Jasmine J. T. Green. The executive producers are James Kim and Taylor Chacoyne. Erica Huang is a producer, Diego Perez is a producer, Daniel Martinez is a production sound mixer. Matthew Wong is a composer. Theme music by Ryo Baum and Robert Garova. Artwork by Justin D. Lee. This episode is a production of Molten Hart. Dirty Bathwater is produced and sound design by Jasmine J. T. Green, Scoring by Cmd Command Jasmine Mike, Operator and production assistants by Tess Hazel, Charlotte Rodriguez and Eleanor Kagan. Credits. Music is Talk with Me by Olivia del Schaffeir plays Ruby. Crystal Van Loverin plays Grace, Jasmine J. T. Green plays Luna. Eleanor Kagan plays Leftist Liz Amber Flannery Field plays Mayor Erica. Cameron Moossar plays board member. Charlotte Rodriguez plays train Passenger one and Protester one. Jane Niemheim plays Train Passenger two and Protester two. You Feel In This Too is a production of iHeart Radio and Overtones Media