Speaker 1: Per It's Meat Eater Podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, Spencer Newhart and today we're joined by Yannie Brody, Randall, Seth, Marge Colin and Chili. This is a ten round quiz show with questions from meat Eater's four verticals which are hunting, fishing, conservation and cooking, and there is a prize. Mediator will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winners. Choosing and for the stat of the week. This week we're looking at data from the first two weeks of meat Eater crossword puzzles. As reminder, our website now has weekly crossword puzzles that are outdoor themed and free to play. It takes the average player nine minutes and five seconds to finish all twenty clues. Their average score is one hundred and two points. Now I always test these on our very own Randall Williams before they get sent out to the Meat Eater audience, and believe it or not, he's very good at them. Randall's average time is two minutes and twenty nine seconds and his average score is three hundred eighty points. Only two players among the tens of thousands who have played so far have gotten a better score than Him's what's the perfect score?
Speaker 3: Well, it even to get a score.
Speaker 2: It's it's based on how many hints you use and how much time you take. It's just basically accuracy in time. That it's fast.
Speaker 4: Doesn't mean anything if I don't know what, like, like, how good is well.
Speaker 5: If you do it as fast as he possibly can, he don't use any hands and you get everything right and you get us three eighty.
Speaker 2: We we know his randall got three hundred eighty points three straight times, three straight weeks, and we're like, this must be the max. So h one of our folks when in logan Dove who had the answers in front of them, he typed them in as fast as he possibly could, and his score was four to ten.
Speaker 6: So how long did what was his time?
Speaker 2: I don't remember what it was.
Speaker 6: Oh, that's incredible. I mean, that's useful information.
Speaker 2: To answer your question, Brody. The perfect score varies based on how tough the clues are on a given week and how many questions there are. There's almost always twenty clues, but we've we've noticed.
Speaker 4: That four aout three times in a row, you've gotten three hundreds.
Speaker 6: I just max score.
Speaker 7: Close, so there's twenty twenty answers. That's right, and he's doing all that in two minutes.
Speaker 2: Two minutes and twenty nine second.
Speaker 6: Can we do this line averages going down? I think this was I think we should.
Speaker 3: Watch it just to read everything.
Speaker 2: We'll film him sometime just to make sure everything's kosher over this.
Speaker 5: I'm just shocked in appalled that the crossword game requires explanation.
Speaker 6: I assume that everybody in the office was playing it.
Speaker 2: That's a negative now to be fair town to sit around playing.
Speaker 7: I mean, I guess only to get two minutes seconds.
Speaker 2: Even if Randall was cheating, the fact that he could google those questions that quickly is still impressive. If you listen, If you want to try cheating at the crossword puzzles, no one is stopping you.
Speaker 6: That's bigger waste of time crossword.
Speaker 3: Why would cheat? I just looked at it and said, oh, I don't have the hour. It'll take me.
Speaker 2: Like I said, the average player takes nine minutes.
Speaker 3: Now I'll try the next one.
Speaker 2: Okay, unless you're a doctor over there, then two minutes and twenty nine.
Speaker 5: This is a huge confidence boost going into today's Trivia episode. I hope that it's not setting me up for failure. Is there going to be with this crossword thing?
Speaker 8: Is there going to be like a prize for the person that has like the best overall average?
Speaker 2: No, because then it would just be Randall well exclude. Yes, someday we'll game willfy this even more. Yeah, well, maybe we'll start sending out some sign board games like we do think expensive dual Wordley. If people keep playing the crossword, there are more games to come now. The newest Medeater crossword puzzle is is live right now at the medeater dot com backslash games. There are now four of them on our website that you can play. Please go there and try to beat Randall's suspiciously good scores. Here's our Infrequently Asked Questions segment. If you have a trivia related question for our crew, send it to Trivia at the medeater dot com with the subject line I FAQ Jamie Calvert wants to know. On a recent episode, Krin mentioned that there should be an outtakes compilation for the upcoming videos. You'll be releasing. I was wondering if you have considered putting together an outtakes video from Trivia and the collective content you create. I think it would be incredible to see the goofy moments that never make the show. Here's the thing, Jamie, we don't have outtakes because Phil doesn't allow us to edit anything out of Trivia. Trivia is just what you hear, is what happens in this room. If it's a forty five minute episode, that means you got all four five minutes of us sitting in the studio Meat.
Speaker 9: Eater raw and I'm cut.
Speaker 2: Phil says the cameras make it too hard to edit things. But how how often does Steve have you editing things in a regular Monday episode.
Speaker 9: I mean, even before video, we didn't do a lot of editing, even with the Meat Eater podcasts. If there was like a and I did do some editing in Trivia before the cameras, I would cut out really long, awkward pauses. But now now if we do that in video, then we just have to like crossfade all those and it would look kind of goofy and and silly. So when you watch on YouTube and when you listen to the podcast. You're getting the whole. There's no cuts, no.
Speaker 2: Outtakes, and we should try and work.
Speaker 4: And this is a long, awkward pause.
Speaker 6: This is as funny as we get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all the all the goofy moments stay in, you know, instead of housekeeping. This week, we have an announcement about an upcoming meat Eater project. Starting on September seventh, we'll be going on the meat Eater Tailgate Tour. We'll be making four stops at some of the big college football games this season and hanging out the hanging outside the stadium before the event. We've got stops in Michigan, Texas, Tennessee, and Pennsylvania with crew members such as me Yannie, Clay Randall, Seth Brody, and more. You can go to the medeater dot com backslash tailgate for more information on how you can find us at each game. And this is your chance to be on the show. At the first stop in ann Arbor, Michigan, I'll be hosting an episode of Medeater Trivia where fans will go head to head with doctor Randall in the only game show where conservation always wins. But don't worry, I'll be giving those fans a huge advantage because I don't want Randall to win. So if you'll be at the September seventh game between the Michigan Wolverines and Texas Longhorns, then shoot me an email at trivia at the Medeater dot com and tell me why you want to be on the show.
Speaker 7: It'll just be like you'll find one person and it'll be one question and then you'll find another one.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do a regular old episode, ten questions and meat Eater trivia. We'll pull in fans from the Texas Longhorns. We'll pull in how many, I don't know. Well, Phil has a limited number of inputs that he can bring on the road with us, so I think it's like four or five fans something like that. But email me trivia at the mediater dot com and tell me if you're going to be there and why you want to play, and then you'll get to come compete against Randall and probably win.
Speaker 6: Obviously, I didn't get the full story before I agreed to this.
Speaker 2: Randall just learned I was you're nervous now that he's fighting with this hand behind his back for the ann Arbor episode.
Speaker 7: And Bridy and I will be at the uh Penn.
Speaker 3: Game right during the run game in the country.
Speaker 7: It's the big sore subject. I was gonna say nothing about it.
Speaker 2: Yan He was asking if he even has to go to the game or if he can get out of there and go hunting.
Speaker 7: Hey, if we're going to dive right in, and this is how I feel about that.
Speaker 2: You might have to edit that.
Speaker 3: I think we're gonna get some squirrel hunting in the morning of.
Speaker 8: So, yeah, that'll make some good squirrel hunting.
Speaker 2: Very stick around there for a little while, and you.
Speaker 4: See he's gonna be checking his trail cameras every five minutes.
Speaker 8: So I got right after that that game. I'm coming home to do a week long deer camp Montana, but I think I'm gonna go early there.
Speaker 2: You get in un Yeah, so.
Speaker 5: You guys are going squirrel hunting and I'm playing a stacked game of trivia lovely uh huh.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Go find Yanni and Seth and Brody at that Penn State game and Yanni will show you all the trail camp pictures that he's getting right during the rut. He'd be thrilled to show you.
Speaker 7: If there's a cold front going on right, then that's gonna really burn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, like music festivals, if if an act drops out one of the fifty, they'll just like cross their name out. That may happen with the Tailgate tour. If a cold front comes through on November.
Speaker 8: Sex, I guarantee you I'll be getting trailcam pictures from a trail camera that's will be about forty five minutes away.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a lot of information, so keep that in mind.
Speaker 3: MM do you think we can act upon that?
Speaker 8: I think we can make it happen the medieater.
Speaker 2: Dot com backslash Tailgate. Now, the Shelby Index for today is a four, so our winner should get eight correct answers. And with that we're onto the game of trivia. Play the drop, Phil, Look, I need to know what I stand to win everything? How's that just tend to win everything? Gamon Suckers. Question one. The topic is conservation, and as always, this will be multiple choice and this first great question is via Jake Burton. According to the National Park Service, what percentage of wildfires in America are caused by humans? Is it twenty five percent, forty five percent, sixty five percent, or eighty five percent. What percentage of wildfires in America are caused by humans? Twenty five percent, forty five percent, sixty five percent, or eighty five percent. Our forestry expert over here, Seth, how do you feel about your answer?
Speaker 8: Hmmm? I might change it, oh honestly. Okay, now I'm gonna stick with it.
Speaker 2: Well, there are a lot of folks very quick to answer in the room. Is everybody ready?
Speaker 6: I can't run the numbers in my head again, so.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth saying sixty five, Chili eighty five, Random sixty five, Colin eighty five, Marge sixty five, and her answer is on fire, Yanni twenty five, Brody sixty five. The correct answer is eighty five percent. I think we had chili and Colin get that one.
Speaker 6: Almost changed it off to a great start.
Speaker 2: The top human related cause of wildfires are unattended campfires. Other human related causes include burning trash equipment, malfunction, discarded cigarettes, fireworks, and arson. For non human related causes, the top wildfire starters are lightning, strikes, volcanoes, and spontaneous combustion. Two of those three, there's only fifteen percent that can't be humans, so there's not a lot of options out there. Question to the topic is hunting. This brand, which is famous for their shot collar technology, claims to have the best selling expandable broadhead of all time. The topic is hunting This brand, which is famous for their shock collar technology, claims to have the best selling expandable broadhead of all time. Seth only to come up with an answer.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think, well, if it's what I'm thinking of, I used to.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, there's a hint if you know Seth's gear history, which no one in here knows. Seth barely knows that. He seems he hadn't had to think about it for a second. This brand, which is famous for their shock collar technology, claims to have the best selling expandable broadhead of all time. You ever messed around with them?
Speaker 10: Young?
Speaker 2: No expandable broadheads or this company?
Speaker 7: Both of those answers expandable broadheads. Though uh gosh, darn it, I wrote down one, but I know it's not right. It's the other one, Okay, I cannot think of.
Speaker 2: Do you have the other one that he's looking for?
Speaker 3: You think, uh, the other one?
Speaker 2: Well, there's a hint if Yanni has time to come up with the other one.
Speaker 6: Well, he could be right.
Speaker 2: Oh maybe maybe maybe. This brand, which is famous for their shot collar technology, claims to have the best selling expandable broadhead of all time.
Speaker 8: Randall doesn't archery hunt.
Speaker 3: No, No, I don't again.
Speaker 8: That's fantastic.
Speaker 2: That is their claim. They put that everywhere in big old letters. We have the best selling expandable broadhead of all time.
Speaker 5: No for this one, I need to rely on arguments I've seen on the internet between fixed and.
Speaker 3: Mechanical, and you haven't.
Speaker 6: I do, okay, no confidence in it?
Speaker 3: Yea. The element boys like to get in on some of that.
Speaker 2: Is everybody ready, I'm torn between two. But Colin, do you have an answer?
Speaker 8: Answer?
Speaker 2: Let's go ahead and revel your answers. We have said rage, Chili, said Schwacker, Randall Rage, Colin rage, Marge without an answer, Jannis Schwacker Brodie rage. The correct answer is not Schwacker, it's rageh got it. Rage broadheads hit the market in two thousand and six. They set themselves apart by introducing expandable broadheads that were rear deploying instead of over the top deploying. Their first broadheads had dental bands holding the blades in place, but eventually went to using the patented shot collars.
Speaker 8: I've killed some stuff with o spencer. Yeah.
Speaker 2: A lot of folks like to blame rage. They're like the Boogeyman for a lot of bowhunters who think that they didn't recover a critter because the broadhead failed them.
Speaker 8: No, I've recovered animals, bad shots on animals because of rage.
Speaker 2: You think it was range's fault.
Speaker 6: Big holes?
Speaker 9: No, no, No.
Speaker 8: I shot a deer in the guts one time and that thing didn't go far at all because the hole. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm sure there have absolutely been failures for folks. People are too eager to just like blame the broadhead when they don't recover a deer. Question three. The topic is woodsmanship. The twenty seventeen Hurricane Harvey caused most of its one hundred and twenty five billion dollars in damage in this state. Harvey Randall coming up with an answer. Now he's the only one. The twenty seven eighteen was the quickest. The twenty seventeen Hurricane Harvey caused most of its one hundred and twenty five billion dollars in damage in this state. Joanni, what broadheads are you shooting these days?
Speaker 3: Iron Wills?
Speaker 2: Oh, one of them guys. Have you ever considered an expandable broadhead?
Speaker 3: Considered it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Considerate, But that's as far as he's gone.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I had a story about a rage. It was right back when they came out and before they had the shot collar, and the guy I was guiding, had they had figured it out that there.
Speaker 3: Was an issue with it.
Speaker 2: What year you think this was?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: Probably ten, two thousand and six is when they hit the markets. Ten, that'd be in the early years of rage.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, And so they would take that rubber band off and instead just put like a little piece of like the you know the why that you would tie like a copper jump body with h They just put a piece of that wire around it and that would make it hold on longer until it got into the animal called in a giant like a three sixty something, and he smoked it at like ten or fifteen yards, and I watched it fall over dead.
Speaker 3: That's how far it went.
Speaker 2: Very cool.
Speaker 8: It was a rage commercial.
Speaker 2: Again. The twenty seventeen Hurricane Harvey caused most of its one hundred and twenty five billion dollars in damage in this state. Brody, I think we're waiting on you waiting last question. He was the one to say turn him over.
Speaker 7: I'm sure everybody has an answer by now this question. Ye keep WA's got just take a hurricane state North Dakota to figure.
Speaker 5: Hurricanes state with one hundred and twenty five billion dollars for the stuff to destroy.
Speaker 3: That's a hint right there.
Speaker 6: Everybody ready using all the available clues, go ahead.
Speaker 2: And reveal your answers. We have seth and Chili saying Texas. Randall crossed out Texas and said Florida. Colin New York, Marge Florida, and she drew a giant tsunami wave destroying a city. That's brilliant. March Jannis says Florida. Brody crossed out Florida and wrote Texas. We haven't. It's Texas. About half of you got that one right. Hurricane Harvey is second only to two thousand and five's Hurricane Katrina for the costliest hurricane of all time. Harvey was a Category four storm that caused most of its damage through rainfall triggered flooding in the Houston area. It dropped forty inches of rain in just a few days, making it the wettest tropical cyclone on record in American history.
Speaker 8: Jesus, So that's a lot of rain.
Speaker 2: Question for the topic is fishing, and this next great question is via Bill Dunlap. What's the part of a phish finder that transmits sonar signals into the water column and then receives the echoes from those transmissions? Colin has a loud marker over there?
Speaker 9: Is that mine?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: With Brody? Yeah, that's Brody?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Sorry Colin. What's the part of a phish finder that transmits sonar signals into the water column and then receives the echoes from those transmissions?
Speaker 9: Who is the fella that sent this in?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: When I tell you the answer, how's that? What's that going to inform you?
Speaker 9: I just want to know what the guy's name was.
Speaker 2: I like the question, Bill Dunlap, Great question, Bill. I thought maybe there was a hint in there, like you know the guy at low Rance who you know makes their stepth finders. It's a great question. There's a great question, Bill, That's why it's question four. What's the part of a fish finder that transmits sonar signals into the water column and then receives the echoes from those transmissions. Is everybody ready go ahead and reveal your answers. We have seth saying transducer Chilli, what's that say? Transceiver Randall, transsounder, Colin, transducer, Marge microphone, notice, transducer, Brody transducer.
Speaker 3: He got it.
Speaker 2: The correct answer is transducer Randall over there, I think one for three after riding.
Speaker 8: That high.
Speaker 3: Still say that ako off.
Speaker 4: After question Yeah, now you know what real experienced fish finder users column don't Yeah?
Speaker 2: No sounders okay, yeah. As Yanni pointed out on Randall's whiteboard for question one, he had the words mister three eighty on there, but they've disappeared ever since. Ray Marine says that the transducer is the heart of a sonar system. The common places to mount a transducer are through the hall, off the transom, or on the trolling motor. Transom mounted transducers should always be placed on the right side of the motor because propellers spin clockwise. If you were to put it on the left side, the engine would create a vortex of water around the transducer that would interfere with the readings. Question five topic is cooking. Great tip.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: There always needs to go on the right side, otherwise your motor is going to mess it up.
Speaker 6: What if you're on the starboard starboard side?
Speaker 2: Question five? The topic is cooking. This is five letter spice, which McCormick describes as quote earthy and warm with an edge of citrus, is one of the main ingredients in chili powder. This is question five. This five letter spice, which McCormick describes as earthy and warm with an edge of citrus, is one of the main ingredients in chili powder. Bro do you have this one? Right? I do brod your Sathy boys ever bump a transducer when you shouldn't have and need to replace it?
Speaker 4: Not replaced, but definitely like had it at the wrong angle, not that deep.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, do you ever mess one up real good?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 9: No, not really.
Speaker 8: I've had a suction cup before to the back of my boat and this in suction cup. Yeah, if you're we do I do that in Alaska? Yeah, when you want to like take them on and off quick?
Speaker 2: Oh, I got you, now, why would you take them on and off real quick?
Speaker 8: Because your boat's always getting beached and stuff?
Speaker 2: Again? This is question five. This five letter spice, which McCormick describes as earthy and warm with an edge of citrus, is one of the main ingredients in chili powder.
Speaker 8: I know guy who not gonna mention his name because a lot of people here in this room know him, but Vanella, they've had suction transducers that were suction cupped to a boat fall off while they're running and it pulls the whole damn fish finder over more.
Speaker 2: That's a fun mistake. Sounds like a Chester thing is yet to come up with an answer with the five letters spice that we're looking for. Yanni, you have this one right, I believe so, Brody, you have this one right, yep. Does this spice have a place in your cap it right now?
Speaker 6: Does?
Speaker 2: Wow? The time? I don't know how you feel about it.
Speaker 7: I major award winning chili that most likely had uh the spice in it, and uh it was good.
Speaker 3: Award winning.
Speaker 2: M Well you should enter this year, Yanni.
Speaker 7: I don't like recipes that have a bunch of stuff that you didn't make in them. And that's kind of like, even before I made it and ate it.
Speaker 3: I was like that.
Speaker 4: Is there cans of stuff that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how on Earth do you live if you're not, like, you know, cooking with ingredients that you didn't create.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a separate recipe.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: Like those beans already taste like something very manipulated.
Speaker 2: Adding I'll tell you this it was. It dominated the chili comment Listen.
Speaker 3: I heard all about it.
Speaker 7: I read the article before I made it.
Speaker 2: It's everybody ready, go.
Speaker 7: Ahead and reveal your answers, saying Cuman.
Speaker 2: Chili, says Cuman. Randall, Ancho, Colin.
Speaker 6: Little smirk the spencerge.
Speaker 2: And be honest and Brody say Cuman. The correct answer. It's cumin. Randall got it wrong.
Speaker 6: It is to lay off.
Speaker 2: According to McCormick, Cuman is one of their ten best selling spices in the United States. It provides depth of depth to dishes and is a popular ingredient in both vegetable and meat based recipes. McCormick says it goes best with time, cinnamon, red pepper flakes, and Regano. Phil, We're halfway through the game of trivia. Give us a scoreboard.
Speaker 6: Chili is staring me down here. I just expect from.
Speaker 9: All right, well, tied up in last place, we've got Maggie and mister three eighty himself. You know, I've never used this tool before, but I can bring up this little cursor here and actually like highlight things.
Speaker 5: Can we do this like the Champions where the people in last place just leave halfway?
Speaker 2: And is now getting a video and he needs to remember this day.
Speaker 9: Puellus is up next with two Chili and Colin are tied up with three bro and in first place we've got Seth and Brody with four points.
Speaker 6: Job anybody's game?
Speaker 3: No, I think you seriously missed one, Phil.
Speaker 9: Okay, Question one was eighty five percent.
Speaker 3: You got that one wrong.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 9: Number number two was Rage and you did not read that one wrong. Number three was Texas.
Speaker 7: Got that one wrong? Yeah, good job Phil.
Speaker 9: Thanks all.
Speaker 2: Question six the topic is gear and this next great question is via Barry Garrett and this is our listener question of the week. For sending this great question, Barry is going to get a board game signed by the crew. If you want a chance to win the Listener Question of the Week, then send your question to Trivia at the meadeater dot com. This product, which was originally named Water Displacement fortieth formula, was created in a San Diego lab in nineteen fifty three. Wow, Chilly Hilly trying to intimidate Randall with his quick answer. This product, which was originally named Water Displacement fortieth Formula, was created in a San Diego lab in nineteen fifty three. Brody and Seth and Chili and Randall all very confident. Yanni has now joined them with an answer. Marge and Colin have yet to write anything down.
Speaker 3: Gear.
Speaker 2: This product, which was originally named Water Displacement fortieth Formula, was created in a San Diego lab in nineteen fifty three. And this is our listener question of the week that was won by Garrett Yanni trying to urge Marge to write down how you feel about this one?
Speaker 8: Randall?
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, don't make me tease you next game. I was a high school bully.
Speaker 8: I really.
Speaker 2: I think that's a true story. I didn't know rand in high school, but his wife once said Randall was a high school bully. Now heard that from two sources, including.
Speaker 6: Well, no, but she's heard stories.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 2: He was a funny bully with a mullet, right is everybody ready.
Speaker 5: Had a mullet, had a letterman's jacket that said red on the breast of it.
Speaker 2: Buddy, ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth and Chili and Randall saying w D forty. My God, Colin says gravity filter, Marge says floating Yannis and Brody say w D forty. They got it. The correct answer is w D forty. W D forty was made to be a rust prevention solvent for the aerospace industry. With the scientists created it on their fortieth attempt. The product was so popular that lab staff started smuggling out cans in their lunch box so that they could use it at home. The brand blew up in popularity after WD forty was included in service kits for soldiers during the Vietnam War. Question seven the topic is conservation. The protagonists of this nineteen ninety four movie kill one of the world's rarest owls by shooting it with the cork of a champagne bottle.
Speaker 8: Well, are we looking for the movie or the movie?
Speaker 2: Tell me the name of the movie. The protagonists of this nineteen ninety four movie kill one of the world's rarest owls by shooting it with the cork of a champagne bottle ninety four.
Speaker 8: Jesus, look n D that's when I was born.
Speaker 2: Joanna, you have this one right?
Speaker 3: I believe I do.
Speaker 2: Bro Do you have this one right?
Speaker 3: I think so?
Speaker 2: Okay, Randall, you know how these kind of questions.
Speaker 7: Mark this day in history because I'm not good at this category.
Speaker 2: Even Brodi. Really this isn't anything with popcorns.
Speaker 6: This is conservation. I suppose a rare conservation.
Speaker 2: The protagonist of this nineteenth imaginary.
Speaker 6: Conservation like Spencer.
Speaker 3: It's fun. I'm just not good at it.
Speaker 2: Okay, they kill one of the world's rarest owls by shooting it with the cork of a champagne bottle. Cow, I'll tell you in the flavor text.
Speaker 8: H get out of here.
Speaker 2: So now we have a race to see if Randall can catch up with Chili. Before the end of the beginning, Chili had a too going into question six.
Speaker 8: I just want to let you know, like, this is for scaring me the other day.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, actually scare Chili?
Speaker 2: What did you like tell him you had cancer?
Speaker 3: Did you know?
Speaker 5: Around the corner I was walking past his door and I went Chili, and he jumped out of his skin.
Speaker 2: Was supposed to be like a Chili's commercial. Is that what you know?
Speaker 6: I'd just like to sing Chili's sort of has a musical quality to it.
Speaker 8: That was Randall, Bully and Chili just on my.
Speaker 5: Way to the uh the commercial kitchen to raid the fridge see if there any tasty beverages that you had.
Speaker 6: And then I felt.
Speaker 5: Really bad and I apologize to Chili multiple times because wow, I try to always be kind to Chili.
Speaker 2: Y Again, it seems topic is conservation. The protagonists of this nineteen ninety four movie kill one of the world's rarest owls by shooting it with the cork of a champagne bottle. Is everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers? We have seth without an answer, Chili says a Spentura, Randall, Dummer, Colin and Marge without an answer. Yanni says dumb and dumber. Brody says ace Ventura. We have a correct answer in the room. It's dumb and dumber. Random that and Yanni got that one right.
Speaker 5: Men, you're good at that kind of you guys A good Jim Carrey in Stick Though.
Speaker 2: Harry and Lloyd are attending a benefit for the Icelandic snow owl when the accident happens, someone at the event says there are only fourteen of these magnificent birds left in the world. Although there is no Icelandic snow owl in real life, there is a snowy owl that exists across much of the northern Hemisphere. They are a vulnerable species whose population has decreased by sixty four percent since the year nineteen seventy. Here is that video of Lloyd Christmas killing the fictional version of that bird. Play the clip, Phil, This.
Speaker 10: Calls for a little of a bubbly You're gonna be my best man hair? Oh good, I promise you have just earned yourself a seat at the head table. Bell aready got to Texas Boy, this party really died.
Speaker 9: Again.
Speaker 2: That was the fictional Icelandic snow owl that is based off a real life snowy owl.
Speaker 6: Highlight of my day.
Speaker 3: Question eight.
Speaker 2: The topic is public land and this next great question is via Justin Faye. The Bureau of Land Management helped pour the concrete pad at the Four Corners Monument, which is where these four states meet. The BLM helped pour the concrete pad at the Four Corners Monument, which is where these four states meet. Brody and Randall have already put their whiteboards down. They appear to have this one right, rest of the room coming up with their answer, except Chili is yet to put marker to whiteboard.
Speaker 6: And I haven't said a thing up until now.
Speaker 2: Bln helped pour the concrete pad at the Four Corners Monument, which is where these four states meet. Sh speaking of dumb and Dumber. On this week's episode of Media Radio, which is now a week old by the time you hear this, we are reviewing The Gray and Randall has already watched it. Yanni and I have not watched it yet. Phil, You're gonna watch it right?
Speaker 9: I am not watch it yet, though, have you?
Speaker 6: Has anyone seen it?
Speaker 5: I screened it for the first time last night, I think one hundred and I looked it up. One hundred and sixty one f bombs in one hundred and seventeen minutes.
Speaker 2: Wow, really, who's keeping track of this?
Speaker 6: I looked it up on Wikipedia.
Speaker 9: This is a PG thirteen middle of the road, no thriller.
Speaker 6: No, there's not a lot of dialogue and quite a bit of his.
Speaker 2: Profane Randall declared that he has four pages of note. We were thinking it'd be like a ten minute segment.
Speaker 6: I've got a yellow pad. I have a lot of thoughts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the Gray you can go watch it and then go listen to the last episode of Media to Radio to hear what me Jannis, phil and Randall had to think of it.
Speaker 5: And I think it's sort of unavoidable that we're going to have to spoil the movie in the course.
Speaker 2: Of yes, yeah, sure, okay, So I think that's a given. Anyone who hears that is going to have the movie spoiled. So you should go watch it first, which we declared where you can watch it on Amazon Prime, and.
Speaker 6: Actually it is leaving Amazon Prime. I believe in seven days this couldn't have been times more. I mean, it's just unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Again, we're on question eight. The BLM helped pour the concrete pad at the Four Corners Monument, which is where these states meet. Is everybody ready.
Speaker 9: Marche did you not take geography class?
Speaker 7: Shut up, Colin, go ahead your answers.
Speaker 2: We have seth saying Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Kansas, Chili without an answer. Randall, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Colin, Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, Arizona, Marge without an answer, Yanni saying Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Brody Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, and Utah. The four states that meet at the Four Corners are Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah. I think we had five of you.
Speaker 8: I also want to point out that Colin, you didn't get the WT forty questions.
Speaker 3: It was in the question Yeah.
Speaker 6: A nasty episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah sides. Three sides of the Four Corners Monument are owned by the Navajo Nation and the fourth side is owned by the Ute tribe. There has been some controversy over the monument's location, with states arguing that the initial land surveys we're off because of the primitive equipment used. A spokesperson for the NNGS even declared that the actual Four Corners Monument should be six hundred yards further west than where it's been placed. But because all four states accepted the survey markers in eighteen seventy five, then the boundaries are legally binding and the borders will stay exactly as they are. Phil we have two questions left. Give us a scoreboard update. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Well, Randall's clawed his way back into the running. He's well, I'll say, see, Maggie, I'm sorry. At one point you're out. But Randal and Colin are tied up with four well as well as Chile.
Speaker 8: Sorry Chili.
Speaker 9: Seth and Giannis are up next with five and in first place Berdie Henderson has six points. Jest went on a little tear there.
Speaker 3: Question, that's almost half a mile. That would that would really help some people out.
Speaker 2: Six hundred yards there when they were reached right further.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so Arizona would get hosed.
Speaker 2: They found that the borders, you know, if you look at a map, they should be straight. Obviously, they zigzag quite often in that area. And they found one spot where it's one point two five miles off that they just took away from one state gave to the other. But they said it's legally binding. Nothing will change since everyone agreed in eighteen seventy five that that's where they are. Question nine. The topic is cooking. According to the Atlantic, this is the defunct temperature that most American ovens go to when you start them.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 2: According to the Atlantic, this is the default temperature that most American ovens go to when you start them some.
Speaker 9: Of those questions that really separates the people who have ever done any sort of cooking in their life.
Speaker 2: For the people who have okay, and looks like everyone in here feels confident. We have a lot of chefs in this room.
Speaker 7: I'm just going with what my current Yeah, same, which I hope it's but yeah.
Speaker 3: Fill along those lines. I always like it too.
Speaker 7: Sometimes you'll be on a hunting trip and you have to hit the grocery store before you hit the woods, and you walk in those front doors and a couple of people this is usually a group of guys, A couple of people know right where to go and start get to business. And then there's a couple of dudes that are staying there like deer in the headlights, Like what is this place?
Speaker 6: They go to the deer for.
Speaker 9: One of my favorite kinds of people watching to do is a Costco around this time of year when college kids are coming back into town and you'll see just like like groups of four or five dudes like wandering through Costco. Was completely lost three cases of course in their KRT.
Speaker 2: Yeah again, this is question nine. According to the Atlantic, this is the default temperature that most American ovens go to when you start them. Is everybody ready?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: My kids, ran this is your last chance to change your answer. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth and Chili saying three point fifty. Randall says two seventy five. Colin March two twenty five, Jannis one seventy five Brody saying three point fifty The correct answer, it's three hundred and fifty degrees. About half of the room got that one right now, Yanni, what did you think I was asking?
Speaker 4: I bet you I know because I wrote the same thing down. Were you thinking the minimum temperature?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah?
Speaker 2: The default temperature when you hit the bake button on your oven?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 2: Automatically go to fifty? What do you have?
Speaker 3: Sorry? March.
Speaker 2: According to Taste of Home magazine, three hundred and fifty degrees is the most popular baking temperature, which is why American ovens default to that temp when you start them. This is because a chemical reaction happens around three hundred degrees where food undergoes the browning effect. By cooking at three hundred and fifty degrees, it ensures that your food will achieve will achieve that without overdoing it. Phil, we have one question left. Who remains in the game.
Speaker 9: Oh, let's see. Well, it's down to Brody and Seth. Brody has seven points and Seth's hot on his tail with six.
Speaker 2: Going into question ten, we would need Brody to get this wrong and Seth to get this right.
Speaker 6: We also need Chili to get this wrong. In Randall to get this right.
Speaker 2: And here is more importantly, here is a correct answer overview for folks at home. Question one was eighty five percent two Rage three Texas four, Transducer five, Cumin six, WD forty seven, dumb and dumber eight Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Utah. And number nine was three hundred and fifty degrees. Question ten, the topic is hunting. What animal has a minimum pop and Young score of eighteen and boone and crocket score of twenty? What animal has a minimum pop and Young score of eighteen and boone and crocket score of twenty. Again, we would need Brody to get this wrong but already has an answer, and Seth to get this right. Who does not have an answer? Brody is also chasing the Shelby index. He has seven correct answers. Index was eight. You're still my buddy to Jilly, do you have this one right?
Speaker 6: I think he does. I think I think I do.
Speaker 8: Uh, I think it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, watching yeah, watching?
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 6: Actually I won't give any hints, but wow, learned it. Learned it from somewhere. We're gonna say, you're watching my pen No no, no, no, I do believe it.
Speaker 3: If he ain't cheating, ain't trying, But not this round.
Speaker 9: Around the first time I've heard that saying before.
Speaker 8: I'm a meat hauntert spencer, So this doesn't just means nothing to.
Speaker 2: Answer, everybody, ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have set the saying. Chili says black Bear.
Speaker 8: That makes sense.
Speaker 2: Colin Mountain, goat, Marge Mountain, goat, I just saw you black Bear, Brody, black Bear. The correct answer trying is black Bear. Brody got it right, giving.
Speaker 6: Him the.
Speaker 3: Victory Timewreker between Rainbell here.
Speaker 2: Black Bear is scored using two measurements. Those are the length from the back of the skull to the nose and the length from cheek to cheek. To see an official measure, do it with calipers. Go watch Clay Newcomb's video on the mediator dot com called how to Score a bear skull. Brody is our winner with eight correct answers. Brody, that means you could choose where the five hundred dollars donation from media to goes. What's it going to be?
Speaker 4: It's been a little while, but now all these people are crazy. People are back at trying to sell off public lands Utah. Do you see what they're doing in Florida trying to turn state parks into golf courses to evil golfers.
Speaker 2: Man, Yeah, they come and.
Speaker 3: Sell off things.
Speaker 4: An issue in the Montana Senate race anyway. International Wildlife Federation because not only do they do a lot of good habits at work, they also fight that public land sell off and transfer bullshit.
Speaker 2: Five hundred dollars going their way via Brody and Meat Eater.
Speaker 6: Can Chile and I play tiebreaker?
Speaker 2: We're not going to do that. My eyebreaker questions are very coveted.
Speaker 6: People want to see it. I can use the tiebreaker that I was going to use for the episode when ill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wonder who join us next week for more Meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Spencer from South Dakota. He's the host using those smooth, mellow tones. He lays them questions down. He likes taking those two and three year old bucks. It's an avid amateur