Speaker 1: Hey, hey, Hey, we're back. We're on ambition.
Speaker 2: Hey, mandral Hey remember last week when I said that I had an immaculate immune system and that I definitely wasn't going to give COVID.
Speaker 3: It was funny.
Speaker 2: During the course of that episode, I felt my lymph node swelling, and by the time that afternoon came Homegirl was positive. So but at this point it's been a week. I am on the other side of the COVID cave.
Speaker 3: Y'all.
Speaker 2: Yes, good, But thank y'all for all of your kind words and shout out two daycares who still make the baby stay home for ten days and even if you're sick too, there's no there's no sick notes for parents. They don't give you emergency daycare.
Speaker 3: Nope.
Speaker 2: But Homeboy is going back tomorrow.
Speaker 3: And I cannot wait.
Speaker 2: They had Home Life if I needed a reminder, the stay at home mom life is just not meant. It's not my calling, it's not what the Lord has intended for me. That's true.
Speaker 1: Well, you look great despite the COVID.
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it also feels like I've got major deja vu because I don't know deja vu. For the third time, it feels like this is what our third or fourth recession in the past ten twelve years of us Well, I feel like in our show, we've had a couple of recessions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, Oh no, I didn't.
Speaker 2: We're podcasters, we better it.
Speaker 1: I was just talking to one of our producers, Dais about that. They're like, why does everybody walk run around like when the chicken with their head cut off? Like, didn't we just go this literally like a year or so ago, like the fire drill. We've had this fire drill before, like go to the exits, y'all.
Speaker 2: I guess this time people are just like, wait, but there's not a pandemic to blame, so what could it be? And it's even like a little bit scarier, I guess, And it may not feel as if you're in Like in the pandemic, it was like no one's fault. It's just this virus and you know, it's out of control. And businesses, of course, they have to change.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: It's like we're reaping what our businesses are reaping what they've sewed, and the they're just you know, making changes and cutting costs in the wake of the pandemic. There's the economy has been through it. She's tired, she's she's creaking and cranking, and also she's been yanked and stretched and that all these different directions, the FED going that way you know, one minute.
Speaker 1: And this way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know they are elected officials and the policymakers, and you know they are doing what they can to manipulate things positively, but there are repercussions, you know. I think it's if I could go back, I feel like my econ teacher who was so happy to almost give me a CE in that class. But I bet he and his Hawaiian shirt would be so excited for what's happening because it is just like a little fun economic experiment with you know, livelihoods at stake, and I don't want to diminish that at all. But let's see what happens when you give people a bunch of stimulus. And let's see what happens when Russia goes to war with Ukraine and the oil supplies are you know, are are suddenly shortened, and then gas prices get enormously high, and inflation like an.
Speaker 1: Industry to raise, and the housing market gets crazy, and you know, so there's this interesting article that I read the other day. We were chatting about it prior because me and Mayday our friends in real life. But I was like, Manda, did you see this thing about Amazon? They had this internal memo that was the leaked I saw this unfortune and the New York Post and that Amazon could run out of people to hire in the US by twenty twenty four. That's what this like this memo said. So not everywhere, but so what happens is that Amazon, when they enter and they build like a warehouse in particular areas, they do some recon you know, they go into the area, they see how many people live here, un totalalty, they see, you know, they look at like level of education, they look at household income, they look at all of these demographic components, and then they from that they say, okay, of the I'm just making of a number one million people that live in this area, there's about one hundred thousand people that could potentially work for Amazon. And that's how they decide, yes, we can build a warehouse here because you know, we have we have the ability to hire enough people to sustain the warehouse. Well, because of the old pany, you know, Amazon has grown tremendously and literally you can order something now and get it today. So Amazon has like really experienced rocket ship growth. That is a pun because you know, they went to the moon or no, they went to the moon to Mars. Either way that went outside space.
Speaker 2: Wait, no, it was both of them.
Speaker 1: M it was both.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was Bezos.
Speaker 2: You right, you're right, You're right, soire.
Speaker 1: So because of like this, like you know, I mean, of course Amazon was already growing, but I mean, I think the pandemic just put it into overdrive. That even though they've done the math for some of these areas that they are literally running out of people to hire, they suspect that they'll by twenty twenty fourth that be the case, which is only you know, like less than two years away. So I just thought that was so fascinating. So they're doing everything from giving people upwards of like three thousand dollars signing bonuses, giving people twenty two dollars an hour. They're even rehiring sometimes people that they let go. Before I saw I saw this in like a I was on one of these like a like a like a Reddit or whatever, one of these community forms where an Amazon manager was like I've been a manager for a number of years. They are before things they used to tell us to be strict about. They're like basically like don't worry about it, you know, and literally bringing back people like I said that they let go of before.
Speaker 2: It's just really fascinating, like warehouse roles, Like what types of jobs are they? They're mostly wear copper Amazon right.
Speaker 1: No, it's not corporate Amazon so much. I think it's really warehouse position. So like pickers, I think, you know, drivers, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: So for example, lets me think about all the unions that have been like union, right, and how Amazon's trying to squash all these unions that are trying to form, like in New York and other other states are trying to form unions now. And if you know, and I think this is also a really good case of it may seem and the headlines would make you feel like every place is laying off and every place is having you know, hiring freezes and all of that. But where there is demand and short supply, like I think you will still continue seeing great job growth and not just job growth, but like in cases where there's not enough labor, increase wages, the question is do people want those jobs? You know? I just wonder how much of it is like Amazon, you know, not people not necessarily being physically there, or enough people being there, but just not wanting to work for the big you know, the big box, mega retailer Amazon, who used to be like this disruptor, hipster disruptor, and it's not like the big corporate bad guy and apparently not the best place to work according.
Speaker 1: To Well and which is kind of crazy. I'm like, look out, look out, the worm has turned. I don't even know if that's the right the word. Okay, I don't know. I feel like there's like the phrase that says the worm has turned. But I'm like, I'm so much like my dad. He never gets those phrases right. I'm like that, that's not how you say that. He was like yeah, yah, yeah, yeah, so so so. Jeff Bezos was once quoted I'm saying that that Amazon was willing to tolerate higher turnovers at its facilities because they fear that employees who are with the company for too long would grow complacent. So he basically was like, let them, let them most fight. And now he's like, wait, we want them back, you know, thinking like it's it's good, like you know, that's why, you know, like they weren't so worried about like no, and people are mad because we don't want to do a union. Oh well they can leave, and now it's like we we need you, and so like, how can we tie this back though into like people who are like OURBA listeners, who actually have businesses, Like, what are some lessons here that folks can learn?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think, first and foremost, it's I think, when, when you get down to it, if these economic pressures are impacting your business. So if you're, for example, if you own a construction company, you've been hurting and struggling for years now because you know, talk about the lack of building homes and how there was it was impossible. When we got our deck built last summer, it took forever for the parts to get shipped over. And I feel like if you're a business owner, being understanding what economic factors are at play right now and what is driving you know, changes in different industries and how that could be impacting your business, and what pivot do you need to make to your business models that you can make up for it now. Retail, I know there's a lot of talk about tech layoffs and we have seen massive layoffs at several tech companies. One of my favorite sites that I've used to track layoffs is called at layoffs dot fyi, and it mostly tracks layoffs at tech startups, and it's anyway, it's a great little source there. So we have seen a lot of tech layoffs. It's true. Some of the biggest ones even on here are in the retail sector. And when you think about why, you know, people were getting stimulus checks for a why and they were highly popular and I know a lot of families needed them and with that extra cash they were using it. You know that I think there was a lot of saving that first year of the pandemic. And it's twenty twenty one, it was like, oh, okay, things are pretty good, so we're gonnactually start spending this stimmy money. We've been hoarding all that spending, you know, increased demand on retailers all of that, But then there's a shortage of just supply, you know, because there's just all these like shortages and like what do you call it, supply chain issues because of the pandemic. So retailers have been hit really hard. And now that you know, retailers are having to like, we've seen even big box stores like Target announcing sales because they're like, we got all this stuff and people are not spending as much and they're not coming here to shop anymore, so we need to now decrease. So if you have like a retail product specific kind of business, I feel like the takeaway is okay. So what other lines of business or streams of business income revenue can I generate to be well diversified so that I can be more resilient in the face of these these economic pressures.
Speaker 1: I still be a Target, don't target, don't worry.
Speaker 2: I still be there.
Speaker 1: But I was also thinking too, because you know how I always tease you when you know you're like, where are my millions? I'm like, Mandy, you are literally one year in two days in just like you know. So I think this is also to me. It's a really good lesson for business owners who are running that rocket ship growth that sometimes growth can almost be a detriment if done in such a way that you can't manage what the growth requires, because because all growth requires some sort of foundation to keep it and maintain it. And so Amazon, despite how big and how amazing it is, you know that you know it's growth, it's almost hindering it because unless they you know, they have for some places like I saw it's like in California, Arizona. Those are some of the major places where they have huge warehouses that you know that growth could potentially put it, you know, in a really bad spot. We know that Amazon the stock just split twenty to one, and I'm wondering if this, you know, this article or this revelation about them not being able to find as many employees as they need and maintain them, that might affect the stocks. I just checked ahead of time, so I checked on a Robin Hood. Right now, Amazon is one oh eight trading at one o eight, so it's up a little. At its lowest, it was like one oh one. Of course, because I don't listen to my own advice, I bought it when it was one twenty, even though I'm like, No, one twenty four, even though I'm like Tiffany, do not buy when the stock splits, Do not buy right away, do not by write it says that. My brain says that, and my hands are like, girl, I can't. I gotta get in. So I've lost four hundred something dollars. That's fine, it's fine, But I just think that one of the lessons learned is that it's not just enough to grow. You have to create a foundation to support that growth or else that growth will actually sink you. So for those of y'all with small businesses of your own, you know, considering that like all growth and good growth, you know, making sure that you're growing in a way that you can actually sustain and maintain.
Speaker 2: I mean, I can tell you from the types of questions we've gotten on BAQ and A, from our listeners on ig and even just like people hitting me up in my email because I still do my weekly newsletter made Money all career tips, and people are worried like what does this mean for my career? What does it mean for my job? And so like flipping it. On the other side of businesses that are having to make these pivots because of what's happening in the economy, there are human beings, Like there's people who the reality is, you know, when recessions happen, people lose jobs, even people at these companies like Tessel's probably gonna be laying off a lot of people, these big, big companies, And I always go back to what I have said so long, which is, no job is stable, no job is secure. We have to stop thinking of ourselves. We have stopped thinking of our jobs as being stable and secure in ourselves as being our own career stability. Like, what is it about you that creates a resilient professional? What is it about you that will make it possible for you to bounce back and pivot and move and you know, jump and jive when you need to be flexible when things happen in the economy. Is your skill set that you have today things that employers are going to want tomorrow. That's like probably one of the biggest driving factors of even if you were to lose your job, well, could you get another one somewhere else? And I was thinking a lot about, you know, like the twenty two thousand and eight, two thousand and nine recession when baby Mandy, like I went to I know, Tiffany, had you had your own crazy you know recession story. I had just moved to New York and I lost my job three months after moving here. And I was a journalism graduate, like I studied actual print, like how to write on paper. That no, not even a thing anymore. And it was the same situation, like everyone telling me this is a wrong career, you won't make any money, and I'm like, but this is my skills. And I eventually had to sit down and say, like, Okay, what are the facts. Yes, people are saying the industry is changing, people are using their jobs. Those were facts, but they were still jobs. They were just very different. They were digital jobs. I had to learn some digital skills. I had to learn how to write for the web, and I had to work my way up in that. And I understood from that experience that my core skills still made me employable and know the jobs, that job that I envisioned didn't exist when I got out there into the market, but a version of that job did, and I could use my skills, you know, in a new and different way. And because I was able to be flexible, I mean, I'd carry that throughout my career. That's why I'm always like, how are you investing reinvesting in your skill set, learning new skills, changing with your industry and not being stagnant or not being not being so stubborn that you're not willing to always be learning and trying new things to make yourself more attractive, you know, to hiring manager. So that's I feel like the key message for people who are working and just wondering, you know, should I not be making career moves? Should I be freaked out? Am I going to lose my job? That's not a big enough question. The bigger question for me is what is it? How is your how strong is your professional brand? How strong and needed are your skill sets? And then what can you do to strengthen those two things so that you're resilient, like individually and no matter what's happening in the economy, you'll find a way to float at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's like, if you bring excellence to the table, space is always made for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and sometimes you got to like roll up to the table and like squeeze it. You know, you can't excuse me, Yeah, you can't. Sometimes you got to tell people you belong at that table and you know, and that's that's part of the branding too. It's like not just not just being excellent, but then how are you telling people about that excellence? Yes, so that you're not just a secret you know. Yeah, and you're just like a lot of us ladies turn creately awesome.
Speaker 1: It's secretly awesome. I mean it's like no, no, no, be awesome out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oprah was always awesome, but she had to get a mic and a TV show, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like I mean, and that's why I call I call it actually illustrate your Oprah. Like you know that you you illustrate your values so well that's like's undeniable like Oprah. So I always tell people, you know, got to learn to illustrate your Oprah.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, And you can take that and you can take control of the narrative too, your own professional narrative. I mean, I at the end of the day, if like if you're if you're in an industry that's really hurting because of the recession that we're heading toward or in I don't know is it official yet, then yeah, have some you know, be a realistic so maybe they'll be layoffs. Okay, but what then? So what can you do today? What can you control? You can't control whether or not they're going to let you go. I mean, you can even people who are greatly valuable, you still make it laid off, right, m So what can you do now? Can you start you know, checking out your resume, making sure that it's beefed up, make sure that you're really demonstrating your impact. Can you start, you know, warming up your network and letting them know what you've been up to. Can you start posting on LinkedIn about the excellent work you've been doing. Can you write some articles about your thoughts on your industry and add your perspective to add some thought leadership content. Some thought leadership always goes a long way, I think toward helping people establish their brand and get noticed by potential hiring managers or colleagues. In other places, you just never know who's reading. These are the things that you can control. Yeah, that'ret money.
Speaker 1: That's like the medium, like those you know, like the medium articles that have blown up from people who've written, you know, like on LinkedIn. You're like, oh wow, because you're right, how do you media? Which is that you were just thinking about medium?
Speaker 2: I always forget about medium until something blows up and I'm like, damn medium.
Speaker 1: So all of this has been helpful to you, whether you have a business or whether you are an individual.
Speaker 3: There are you making business changes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well here's the thing. Because we were born out of the recession, We're like, chill time, baby, you know so, and so this is like our third one actually, so there are certainly some pivot Here's the thing, here's the secret. You want to know why I have been in business for fifteen for fourteen almost fifteen years, because I pre pivot, like I we have been in the middle of a pivot for like even before the pandemic and everything hit, we had already been pivoting because I'm always pivoting because I don't want to, like, I don't want the market to tell me, girl, get on it, because by then it's too late. Because some pivots take two or three years. So like I like to what my business coach calls time travel, So I will mentally time travel forward and say what are some of the hiccups of the hang ups that can happen? And then I'll come back to the present and I'll say, what, how can we start making changes now so we could do so less frantically. And so there are some huge pivots that we're making, Like with the literature Academy, I cannot wait. It is awesome and amazing, And if we had just started now, this has been a pivot for about two and a half years in the making. That's going to transform our business and make us even more sound. But if I wouldn't, if I had to do that now, you know, it would just be either stressful to try to get it done in six months to a year or you just can't get it done in six months to a year, and you you know, I would just be trying to hold on for dear life until we could get it done. So that's really the key is that, like in all things that I do, like look at my my mentoring with that my you know, my mentor tiffany right dot com. So that is a pre pre pre pivot like low key, high key low key. I started my mentor Tiffany because I was like, hmm, is this a pivot that I can into consulting that I can make Let's see if I even like it. Not only just that with my mentees, I get to test out different marketing theories that I have. I get to I get to see like if I do want to do write another book, you know, like what's hitting with y'all, what's not hitting? But do you see like I likely won't use some of the things I'm learning with my mentees for the next three to five years. But I don't have to be in a rust because I pre pivoted. And so when you first start your business, work on the business. But as you start to get like a nice little rhythm growing, then like you start to you should start to think about that, like, what are some things as I'm doing my normal everyday business, let me set aside twenty to thirty percent of my energy to time travel forward and to start working on what's headed and what's coming. So yeah, so it was a blessing kind of like growing up during the the that recession in twenty nine ten, because it allows me to think think in this way. And so yeah, like we.
Speaker 2: Are also speaking from panicking as much because yes, have some experience to know that there will be a return to normalcy.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it's going to be a dip, like literally, you know, we probably will like we went in our peak ten million dollars a year for one of our companies, and then maybe we will make five or six. But that's part of the pivot, you know, because I knew. I was like, this pivot is going to allow us to potentially grow to fifty million. But if we don't make these changes. We can't and the changes that are going to require us to take talent away from our day to day operations into this, and so we don't have to take this temporary l maybe for two years, maybe three, but I think we can do it in two where it's going to look like a little business really slowed down. It didn't. It's just transformed. And then this new way that we do business that we've introduced will allow us to maintain the growth that we seek versus like, because we were doing what Amazon was doing well, not really because Amazon I was huge, but we were doing this rocket ship growth, but it wasn't as sustainable as I would like, and it's very stressful to grow very quickly in that way. I was like, Hey, I don't want to do business like that anymore. How do we do business that it is slow and steady, but something that's sustainable. So I'm excited, like for what that kind of looks like. And I have like a I have a couple of other things that we're working on that I'm I'm like, let's see, because here's the thing too that I like to do. I like to practice when it's safe. So in the mentee. Like with my mentees, I get to practice, and if it doesn't work out, I'm like, okay, you know it didn't work out, Like I don't need the mentorship money in order to run business, and so I will practice a thing and see, well, how many people sign up to be my mentee?
Speaker 3: Well what if I do this?
Speaker 1: Okay? Well what if I do that? Okay? And so I like to practice with like kind of these side projects to see what works and what doesn't work, so I can if it doesn't work out, you know, that's fine, But if it does, I can take that lesson I've learned and then put it toward the business that our core business that we really don't have time to be practicing with. So honestly, that's why I mean I I business is just fascinating to me, like second to financial education is the thing that I'm really enjoyed, Like the business of business, like how do you get here? How do you stay here? How do you market? How do you you know? And so, yeah, it's just it's stressful, certainly, sometimes not as many much as it used to be, but it's just you know, if you're fortunate enough to get to a place where you can do and make these sort of choices. It can really It's just really fascinating to see like what's capable, you know, and what you're capable of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think my, it's my I just had my first year in business, and I feel like everything I did last year that I just did, you know, we didn't wait till it was perfect, but just started doing it. Just started doing career coaching before I had a website, just started, you know, coming up with ideas for articles I could write for different outletes and outlets and pitching them, and started building the Mandy Moneymakers program and built it as I went, and it wasn't perfect to start with, and have made each cohort better and better. I think that that was one of the smartest things I did as a as a baby entrepreneur, was getting the stuff done and not waiting for it to be perfect. Because I've had I've I've done things thoughtfully and as carefully as I could. I wasn't like all out there willy nilly, and I did you know so much, like so much focus grouping and like asking people what they wanted and all of that. It's very thoughtful, but I still I got out of my own way in a sense, so that I can actually get stuff done. So now I have the infrastructure to I think, be even more successful during this recession. I think y'all question if I'm a good career coach. No one has actually questioned that. I think I'm great.
Speaker 3: I think y'all have been supportive.
Speaker 2: Y'all been listening to me talk about it for seven years.
Speaker 3: But I love I'm excited about.
Speaker 2: The opportunity to help people, help women navigate this situation, like navigate this economy in your career. I'm the best person for it. I've done it myself like two or three times and still manage to do all that I've done. So I'm just like, damn yes. So it's not just that I'm doing what I want to be doing, but the time as now, like that the moment has come, you know what I mean, Like when the timing is right, and sometimes when you're building it, it may not feel like, Okay, the demand is there, maybe there is some demand, But I'm excited to be ready for the moment. You know, if I had waited, I may not have been ready to meet the moment. I may not have had enough. My business, my business structure. Yes, foundation there. I wasn't ready for the twenty twenty. I remember thinking, you know, huge brands were born in twenty twenty, you know who built started building audiences then. And I was like, well, I was, I was in I was in a different journey. I just have had a baby and I was righting that wave and all of that, and I'm like, yes, you know this is this is like the business version of financial business double Dutch. And I'm finally ready to get in there and find my rim, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I don't call a baptismal fire, you know, like people are they're born through the fire. Like it's like we're about to go through this recessional fire and out will come these amazing especially financial brands, because people are going to be leaning into folks like you, you know during this time. So I'm excited.
Speaker 2: It seems to be able to help, to feel like we can help. And I'm like, dang, this is probably what you've been feeling like all this time too. It's like, Okay, mission service all aligned with what people are wanting right now. That feels good. I mean, I'm not necessary, I'm just trying to I'm I'm accelerating some plans that I had, and I'm definitely like, Okay, it's going to be a busy ass summer. So how can I ask for the help that I need to get this special work done? And just recognize that I've been I've been able to really have a decent schedule for a while. But not only is more work coming, I'm planning, you know, lots of webinars and lots of you know, additional group coaching programs, and it's all really exciting. So it's going to be I think, I just want to seize the opportunity, you know what I mean. So I see the next six months being busy or busier, busier than ever, and trying to figure out, Okay, so what resources do I need? You know, what help do I need? Because I know I can't do it alone and I don't want to be I don't want to be silly enough to think I can, So figuring out how to hire some help is on my plate for sure. And I had asked you too, you know, in the influencer space, I think as influencers, we have we being mindful of what happens when there's recessions. I think, for what could go down in twenty twenty two and twenty twenty three. Is potentially the amount of marketing dollars that you know, partners have to spend on folks like us and using us as advertising and your relationships are longer and deeper and all the kind of thing. I'm a newbie, so and in that case, you know, brand partnerships is a piece of my business, but it's not the whole thing. I've got like six or seven different income streams and I love that because I don't feel like I'm going to be I'm not going to be ended, you know, because a partnership won't work out.
Speaker 1: You want to be cure other I would say, like, brand partnerships definitely take up more now than they ever have before for me, only because I charge way more now, you know. And so so it's definitely a bigger piece of BUDGETISA than they were. But because I was I was intentional, just like you. I was like, I don't want to be like I don't want to be the brand partnership girl, and then I'm not the hot girl no more and they move on. But something that you should consider too, that I have found that people are paying a lot of money for is more and more speaking engagement, so like positioning yourself. So if you're if you're an influencer and you're listening and if it makes sense. So I have a lot of brands now who are coming to me, not necessarily to you know, be like a like a hey, post this thing on your social media, but honestly I'm getting a lot of Tiffany, can you come to speak to our people? And so and so yes, And I love it because because what they're seeing is this thing that I just had a call. I don't know if I'm allowed to send well, let's just say don't break the NDA. No, there's no DA That's what I'm just. I don't know if to say aitherway. It's a big HUQO, huge multi yeah. We just it's a huge company that you know, maybe your parents took you there when you were little, you know what I mean, when you were good. Anyway, So I just had a call with them and I'm doing like a speaking gig, and that's.
Speaker 3: What it's for.
Speaker 1: It's not to share the world like you know, where your ears you know that it's invented like we want to change, it's.
Speaker 3: Where is ticket Disneydies.
Speaker 1: Yes. So it's like this huge, you know, like multi national global company and they're they're knowing that we're shifting into this space, and they're wanting the employees to give them like a holistic I guess, like holistic perspective on what they can do to prepare and see their way through. And honestly, when I tell you, there are like one of five that I've done in the last month or so, and it's the same thing over and over. We want our employees to be okay, we want to like they're looking at it as partly as their wellness program. Like one company, like it shocked me because I thought like they wanted me to talk about finances. She's like, no, I saw your IG live where you said you were back ish and how you talked about how you're actually taking a step back. And I was like wow. So it was with this big financial company and they didn't want when you talk talked to them about money. They wanted me to talk to them about about what is enough, not overdoing and not overworking, creating work life balance. I was like, what, So I just say all that to say that that there are ways to shift even within your space. Like, Okay, it's not just hey, Tiffany, tell them that our secure credit card is so great, but hey, can you come internally and talk to our people about preparing for oversession or like, you know, like what does it look like to use their money as a tool toward their overall wellness goals? And so I found out to be interesting and great. So there are you know when, like I said before, when you do and you bring excellence to the table, people will seek you out. Like I don't. I don't pitch myself. I haven't had to just yet. You know, it's been fifteen years I've never pitched myself. And as a result, but if you show up and to Mandy's point, to be visible, get that micro.
Speaker 2: You share your story, Yes, someone who can saying you know, and thenslated and opportunities followed exactly.
Speaker 1: So I just it's exciting times, you know, Like you know, I know it's gonna be a lot of hard times for a lot of folks. But you can you can decide that you are going to see what you can do to leverage this to push you to the next level.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, those are the two options. You can be down, You can be pessimistic, You can think that this is like the end, or that things are going to you know, change and they're going to be worse, or you can think this is opportunity, this is when this is when stars are made, This is when opportunities are born. And what do you want your story to be? And I feel like my story has always been door number two in that equation, and I feel like Tiff two, And I feel like if you're a part of the BA fan, you gotta choose door number two. Yeah, we gotta seize this moment. Whatever that moment means for you. It may it may feel scary right now, but keep rocking with us. I just feel like we've always never failed in that level of realistic optimism because we just know that there's going to be these lulls and there will be great rises at the same time. I'm and will you be ready for that? I think you will and.
Speaker 1: You I would love to know some of the pivots that you guys are going to make with this upcoming recession. You can tweet us at the BA podcast. That's your homework. We're gonna start giving you weekly homework. Okay, tweet us at the BA podcast and let us know my pivot. My BA pivot is going to be x y z. We would love that. Your Mandy Money on Twitter as well, Right.
Speaker 2: I don't even know. I don't even really use Twitter. IG's where it's at, Mandy Money on IG. I do check BA Twitter at the BA podcast. We're at Brand Ambission podcast on IG. Where else can you find us? Follow us on TikTok, y'all, we're all at on TikTok. Run Emission podcast is on TikTok, and we were early enough to actually get our handle.
Speaker 1: Who finally, everybody else like with their one followers that talk about I'm Brian ambition, y'are.
Speaker 2: Not that.
Speaker 1: I know? Yeah, yeah, tell us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, career money, pivot, business pivot.
Speaker 1: Yes, we'd love to all of it.
Speaker 2: And if you don't have one plan, just listening to this episode, I hope that you're thinking of what is it that you can control and what is it that you can do to meet this moment that we're in right now?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, meet your moment.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: We're gonna take a little commercial break and we're gonna be back with brown Boots. Brown break almost forgot. I was like, wait, what do we come back with? It and we're black and back. It's brown boost and brown break. Do you have that boost? Do you have a break? I have like a really quick break, I mean really quick boost. Let me see if I can find the name of this. So I have been eating, so this is where it is, Okay, I have been eating so much better. So I don't know, like as I've gotten older, like I finally like start to listen to my body whatever. And you know, I uind out rub me a long time ago because child no. And then I realized that chicken ain't really my friend a whole black girl. And the level of bloat, the level of bloke that I get when I have chicken and seafood. I can still do like you know, salmon and things. But when I was vegan, that's honestly when I was my healthiest.
Speaker 3: But I ain't going.
Speaker 1: Back, Like I'm not going back to vegan, like I already can't have dairy just because lactos and toler I'm like, give me something to live for. So so, but I have been trying it. So I would say I am seventy to eighty percent vegan during the week because like you know, so I mostly because I don't eat chicken, you know hot I know, and I don't eat my I don't eat red me. I can't have dairy. But there has been this really great black owned, women owned restaurant in Bellefue, New Jersey's Jersey. And even though I know something y'a don't live in New Jersey, sorry for you, but I really wanted to shout her out. Her name is Nikki, and she owns this restaurant called Sell Power Cel Power p O w w er Sell Power Cafe. And when I tell you, she is single handedly keeping me like joyful with food because the food is really healthy. I mean like she's got this curry chick people with quenewa and and you can get kingwa the curry chickpeas tomato and what is that spinach? It is so good. She's got this this like salmon bowl, her salmon wrap, her shrimp wrap. I mean everything it's I've been eating it. And like when I'm like I can't have another salad or whatever it is I'm eating, like that's what I order at least like once or twice a week. Her her smoothies are amazing. Honestly, I have to just shout to Nikki because she said that one she's a she's a fairly new entrepreneur. I think it's only I don't know if they've been open for a year. She said, this is how she always cooked for her family, and her friends were like, basically, girl, this could be a restaurant and it's doing well, and I just love to see, like when I go in there, we talk business, we talk finance, and she's slaying. And to see her daughter work there too, and to see this black woman with this it's not a it's not a restaurant restaurant, like it's one of these like you know, like I don't want to call it like a sandwich lunch, like you maybe like a few two or three people could sit in there, but you know, I order your uber eats. Nikki be knowing me. She's like, I can always tell you. I'm always like, can you switch out the ground vice for King? And can you see I'm the Queen of swap. I'm like a tiff And she's like, I know, but they are so good. Sell Power Cafe. They're just just just amazing. Like so if you go to sell POWERLLC dot com c e l L the word power LLC dot com that is that is their website. And I just want to say, like, she's just so dope. Like literally, I've called her being like, oh, the Uber eats guy stole my smoothie because that's happened, and she's been like, you know, yes, because she's like I gave her smoothie. Yeah, And I'm like, well girl, he didn't give it to me, and so she will drive and like drop off a smoothie. She's just I just love to see small businesses that really take pride and like, how can I delivered the best value, the best service, the best food, and so yeah, just shout to Nikki and to sell power and that's my that's my boost. I just love to see us win, winning out here and making sure that you know I do I keep I snatched it and keep it together with my veggies.
Speaker 2: You're gonna make me want to order lunch now, damn.
Speaker 1: So well, next time you gome visit, we're gonna eat some cell power. You gonna d it.
Speaker 2: I had a bag of soggy apple jacks that Rio just damed to give me on the way home from the park, So yeah, mommy, I'm done with these. Let me do a quick brown boost. I'm gonna do a brown boost because I'm so excited. I mentioned I'm gonna be doing more webinars. I want to talk to the pioble. I want to talk to the people about their careers, and I want to shout out a free, free webinar, one hundred percent free. It's gonna be like two hours long. I always pack so much into these webinars. It's going to be me talking to you guys about how to recession proof your career. I've done it, you can do it. It's okay. It's going to be like all about how to stay resilient, score new opportunity, and thrive no matter what the hell is happening in the economy We've been talking about. I'm talking about everything like how the economy is actually going to impact your career. I'm going to do an industry by industry breakdown because we're going to fight fear with facts. That's what we do. We like to actually look at what industries are actually being are struggling, what skills people are really hiring for. Because I'm telling you, I'm still getting coaching clients who are getting huge paydays and exciting career opportunities, like in spite of what's going on. And I'm huge on talking about professional brand so I'm going to do a whole mini workshop of what I do for Mandy money Makers on professional branding and help you stand out on LinkedIn. So we're going to drop a link to register. I register in the show notes for BA, but join me. It's going to be Monday or sorry, Tuesday, June twenty eighth. Please dear Lord, tell me I got the date right, yes, So that is you guys listening to this on Wednesday. That's just tomorrow. So you guys got like six days to register for the Recession Proof your Career webinar hosted by Yours today, and I hope y'all come out June twenty eighth at nine. It's gonna be a late night, nine. I got to get the baby down nine pm Eastern.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna ask you all day.
Speaker 1: Is there is there a maximum amount of people that can come?
Speaker 2: I don't think so I got the I got the expensive version of webinar jam okay, ye should be good, all right, and actually get a couple hundred. But I'll be excited if y'all.
Speaker 1: Come will they be able to get, like get the replay afterwards.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, of course, So the replay will be available for like forty eight hour seventy two hours afterward. But you definitely want to show up in person because I got a little for an extra freebee, an extra freebee kit that I'll tell you guys more about if you register to get all the details on the freebie that you're going to get. I have not done a free webinar like this since March, and before that it was like December. But like I said, I'm ready to meet the moment, y'all, So please.
Speaker 1: Name of the episode me meet the moment, the moment.
Speaker 3: No, I love that.
Speaker 1: So you'll get the link for a Andy recession proof your career, which I love now more than ever. That's a re important. That link will be in the show notes. We'll put the cell Power LLC in the show notes too, so you can go ahead and show. Well, that's if you live in this area.
Speaker 3: Sorry, if you don't.
Speaker 2: She's gonna be like, uh, we don't deliver to San Francisco.
Speaker 1: She will go tell her Tiffany. She doesn't even know me as a budgety, I don't think. Just be like, Yo, Tiffany sent me. Well, you can say Tiffany the Budgetissa, but I don't think she knows me. She's just be like Tiffany, that girl that orders every damn day I have herself. Well, I'll be like Nikki when you put my she what I know, she's so annoying with me, but I'm like, but yeah, so that's awesome, Maddie. I can't wait. Maybe I'll be there till you know. I need to send it to my sister Lisa, because Lord only knows.
Speaker 3: We hope you meet your.
Speaker 1: Women and you enjoyed. And if you did enjoy, and especially with this looming recession, please tell a friend if you want to see your way through. You've got myself, You've got Mandy. We are here to come and listen to this podcast because honestly, it's just gonna be a great space for you to understand what business is going to look like, career, even in your personal life, because made a nice year too. The struggles that we're having and like what like how we're making do and so just you know, bring bring your friends on over, your people's on over, so we can work through these things together. You are not alone and as you navigate on this journey.
Speaker 2: So like a Branda vision front porch, Well, come on, come on up to the front porch, honey, that's what I feel like we're saying. Yeah for like boomer podcasters. Oh it's your first recession, come on up here back in my day. Let me pour youus of lemonade and tell you about the last two three processions we survived. Oh no, we're not boomers, all right, ba fam Well, I'm so excited, and I know I feel a little bit guilty that I am so excited, But it's all about meeting the moment, right, that's what we're here for.
Speaker 3: See y'all next week.
Speaker 1: Friday, B A p A b A q A.
Speaker 2: Oh dang, yeah, check us out on Friday, B A and A question.
Speaker 1: Yep. If you could have questions, you know, you can send us a question via Insta via our website Brownhamision podcast dot com and we answer them every Friday. So there's that Friday. B my mind.
Speaker 2: By Friday. Then hey, ba fan, we could not do this show without your support or the support of our team behind the scenes. The brown Ambision podcast is produced by Cumulus Podcast Network.
Speaker 3: It's edited by the.
Speaker 2: Wonderful Emani Crosby and produced by Tanya Bustos. Dennis Stimplinsky is our in house tech guru, and I am Bandy Woodrid Santos your co host, and I will see y'all next week