Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jetty and know He Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're already seeing the effects of Trump's tariffs announcements speech.
Speaker 4: The stock market was affected, prices on good goods of heights and also we had.
Speaker 2: A viral remix out of it. Yeah, check this out. Many of these biggest, the biggest companies in the world. They've committed to build, build, build. We're gonna build bil Milcher, Bilcher, build, build, build, We're gonna build Bill Bilcher Milcher. They were wrong about Navda.
Speaker 4: They were wrong about China China.
Speaker 2: They were wrong about Navada. They were wrong about China China. Thank you everybody, Thank you.
Speaker 5: Very.
Speaker 4: Down.
Speaker 2: That's kind of fun. They're eating the cats. Ai is going to take all of her jobs and ruin humanity. But that was amusing.
Speaker 6: Sure, So you haven't heard the Democrats. Usually when Trump does something, Democrats are blasting them, but they haven't been. You haven't heard anything out of Bernie and Elizabeth Warren and a lot of people over the whole tariff thing. Yeah, that's true because a lot of Democrats have been saying the same sort of thing for years as part of the reason. So we got a little Nancy Pelosi on the House floor, a much younger Nancy Pelosi. I think she was only seventy in this one. This is nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 1: In terms of tariffs, it's think it's interesting to note that the average US MFN tariff on Chinese goods coming into the United States is two percent, whereas the average Chinese MFM tariff on US goods going into China is thirty five percent. Is that reciprocal in terms of jobs? This is the biggest and cruelest folks of all.
Speaker 2: Go on, Nancy.
Speaker 1: Not only do we not have market access, not only do they have prohibitive tariffs. Not only are our exports not let in very specifically, but China benefits with at least at least ten million jobs from US China trade. China trade supports one hundred and seventy thousand jobs in the United States one hundred and seventy thousand jobs, whereas our imports from China support ten million jobs at least.
Speaker 6: So Trump today would love to have that Nancy Pelosi on the cable news channels arguing since it's a lot about China today, since they hit us back with the thirty four percent and announce that now, she's not getting into.
Speaker 2: Why we need to hit Canada so hard, Samoa or.
Speaker 4: You know, yeah, yeah, fence off China.
Speaker 2: For the moment. That's you know, for the purposes of the discussion.
Speaker 4: I agree with her completely, and at that time the report publican party and actually Bill Clinton for quite a while, we're selling everybody on the idea that no, no, no, we're going to engage with China and as they get more free trade, they'll become more free is then more politically liberalized and become our buddy and part of the world community, and blah blah blah, and don't worry about it. Some of those jobs may go away, but they'll come back. And Nancy Pelosi was one hundred percent right about that stuff. One hundred percent. How does that make you feel? Kind of odd, isn't it? Well?
Speaker 6: How about this one in the whole politics makes strange bedfellows.
Speaker 2: Here's Elizabeth Warren.
Speaker 7: Tariffs can be a really valuable tool in the economic toolbox.
Speaker 2: So think of it this way.
Speaker 7: You have a prescription filled right now, in America. You realize it has a nine out of ten chance that that medication was manufactured somewhere overseas, most likely Asia. The materials came probably from China. Putting a tariff in place to get more manufacturing of our antibiotics and other prescription drugs here on shore makes perfect sense. It's targeted, you know what you're trying to ascoulish.
Speaker 2: So I just I find it.
Speaker 6: And Bernie's been talking about this his whole life, you know, it's just it's it's interesting. If Trump proposes it, a lot of people will are you know.
Speaker 2: I'm with you and vice versa.
Speaker 6: Of course, absolutely absolutely, one hundred percent. But if if Trump wasn't into this and Biden had proposed.
Speaker 2: This, yeah, yeah, I know. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Some of the gripes about Trump's move right now is it's so blanket and doesn't take into account, you know, the various factors that are so important for trade.
Speaker 2: It's just it's way too big.
Speaker 4: And like blunt and instrument and sloppy and fast, and I just I don't think it's going to stick around. Honestly. I think you were quoting someone earlier last hour.
Speaker 2: I think it was that.
Speaker 4: The shakeup will last for a little while, and then most of it will be retracted and there will be some wins. Trump will identify those wins and they will be wins, and then we'll go back to much closer to trade a week ago, especially with our allies for goodness sake.
Speaker 2: So but we'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 4: I'm reading one of my favorite down to earth. Trump is right when he's right, guys, and he's saying, this is loney tunes.
Speaker 2: It can't work.
Speaker 4: So and you know, those of you who believe Trump is right every single time on every single thing, you know, I don't mean to offend you or anything. And we can still be friends, absolutely, but we'll just have to see. It could be he has a goal in mind that I don't get. That's frequently the defense. It's, however, many dimensions of chess you'd like to describe, and I'm just too simple minded to grasp these sophistic sophisticated strategies at work.
Speaker 6: Maybe well, here's Howard Lutnik, Trump's guy on all the channels, Yesterday's cheerful Yep.
Speaker 3: This is the reordering of fair trade. And what happens is people think it's all about tariffs, it's about those non tariff trade barriers. The United States buys everybody's products. They buy, We buy everybody's goods. You just have to treat us fairly.
Speaker 6: So here's something cool for you. Here's a little montage of Trump in the eighties, the eighties. That's forties years ago. I mean, that's a long time ago. And but so he's believed this is whole adult business life.
Speaker 2: He's he's going with what he believes. I guess the fame developer Donald Trump of New York.
Speaker 8: The fact is that you don't have free trade. We think of it as free trade, but you right now don't have free trade. And I think a lot of people are tired of watching other countries ripping off the United States. This is a great country. They laugh at us behind our backs, they laugh at us because of our own stupidity, and we let Japan come in and dump everything right into our markets and everything.
Speaker 2: It's not free trade.
Speaker 8: If you ever go to Japan right now and try to sell something, forget about it.
Speaker 2: Open, just forget about it. It's almost impossible.
Speaker 9: They are ripping us like we've never been ripped before. If you look at Japan, if you look at China, where we lose one hundred billion dollars a year with China.
Speaker 6: He was saying the same thing to Larry King and Oprah Winfrey in the nineties.
Speaker 4: Is he saying, yeah, Yeah, I think it'll shake out and everybody will be fine. I don't like the current implementation of it, but there's there's It's not like it's completely untrue what he's saying. There's plenty of truth there. What was I going to say, Well, yeah, predatory trade we put up with for a very long time as a country because the Republican Party in Wall Street and the big money donors said, yeah, a lot of American workers.
Speaker 2: And consumers are getting screwed a.
Speaker 4: Little bit, but we're making money hand over fist, and yeah, we would prefer that Japan loosens up their trade, but they've told us they're not going to, and we don't want to ruffle their feathers. And we're still doing really, really well. So we're standing up for us and what works for us, and good luck y'all.
Speaker 2: And that was.
Speaker 4: Certainly, in the nineties a pretty good description of the Republican Party, at least at times. So the predatory trade has to end. One hundred percent. Yeah, it ought to be more fair. Whether this is the way to get there or not, we'll all find out together. But yeah, this is so complicated. There are aspects of what the White House is doing that I think are absolutely great, and there are aspects of it that I think, why are you bothering doing that? You're just messing everything up. But again, not only am I not expert enough to predict how this ends up, neither is anybody else.
Speaker 2: Right, a lot of moving pieces.
Speaker 4: It's like when you go back in time and step on an ant, you have no concept of how you've changed history.
Speaker 6: Before we take a break, Kanye West is crazy, yes, and he says his wife has left him.
Speaker 2: He's clan robe didn't help Kanye.
Speaker 6: Know, and that tweet burst he had a week or so ago just endless. Damn right, I'm hitler and it's the Jew's fault and all that I mean, just endless, all caps. He's screaming out for attention as a guy who's actually meant leal, which he admits out loud. Anyway, he said yesterday that Bianca Sensorry, his always naked wife and high heels left him after trying to get him committed. She tried to get him committed, right. I'll bet it's not easy to get a billionaire was not currently hurting himself for others committed.
Speaker 4: Well, he is, certainly financially he is, but not physically. You're allowed to be stupid, evidently, Jack. Her wisdom is as impressive as her bosoms. As she realized her man was going to crack up or die if she didn't get him help, which.
Speaker 2: Is kind of where Kim Kardashian, I think.
Speaker 4: Was also can go, Yeah, Wow, it's too bad, because he really is a brilliant young man.
Speaker 6: I wonder if when he's not in his crazy mode, he's just like pretty decent to be around.
Speaker 4: I wonder how often those periods of lucidity are these days.
Speaker 2: I have no idea. What he needs is more sleep.
Speaker 6: And we've been talking a lot about sleep lately because I went through a period of time where I really struggling to sleep and kept waking up. I think I figured it out around melatonin thanks to one of you Texters who'd done a bunch of research and some other ideas we could at you with if you got anything text line four one five two nine five KFTC.
Speaker 10: Prce Springsteen revealing a treasure I never before heard songs. I'm also released seven so called lost albums in June. The collection includes eighty three songs he woke between nineteen eighty three and twenty eighteen.
Speaker 2: Springsteen's going to release seven lost albums. Where'd you see him last, Bruce?
Speaker 6: They were lost because you didn't think they were worth putting out at the time. That's how they got lost. You put them in a drawer metaphorically because there wouldn't seem to be any reason to not because.
Speaker 4: He didn't want to saturate the market with your work, you know, and dilute how much she sold.
Speaker 6: Combined with that didn't stand out enough, is like, this is the greatest thing I've ever done that you thought you had to have it out right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, eighty percent of unreleased stuff is unreleased because it didn't quite work well.
Speaker 6: I've gone through tons of Bob Dylan albums that were unreleased stuff and like one out of ten songs like, wow, this is freaking fantastic, but nine out of ten are like, well, I can see why this was a work in progress.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm old and I'm rich. I'm just putting out everything I got. I don't give a crap anymore.
Speaker 6: Yes, Katie didn't he just sell his entire music catalog? Yeah, for half a billion dollars. That's why he's on the billionaire list now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I don't know what the putting out so is. So is whoever bought his catalog putting it out? I'll bet that's what it is. They think, Okay, we just bought this. We got to make some money off of it.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'd almost have to see the contract because you could retain rights to unreleased stuff depending on how it was structured out.
Speaker 6: Eighty through eighty three through twenty eighteen. Okay, there was a lot of stuff in the eighties and nineties I liked, not so much in the last however many years.
Speaker 4: I just hope the newer stuff is really really political, right exactly, That's what I'm looking for. So, how you sleep and you want to take the sleep quiz along with us, Well, it'll be tough because you won't be able to answer it, but we'll go through that. We've got some good information on sleep coming up.
Speaker 6: Hmm. Okay, sleep quiz? Do I need a quiz to let me know if I'm not sleeping. Well, I feel like I know that.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry. That's an excellent point. No, the sleep quiz is designed to help you figure out what style of sleeper you are, OK, and try to craft your life around it, because we can all just completely restructure our lives to suit our sleeping style.
Speaker 6: Did you at least you'd understand it. So every country got a tariff pretty much, Yeah, including British Indian Ocean Territory.
Speaker 2: They got a ten percent tariff yesterday.
Speaker 6: Yes, this is a seven little islands less than twenty four square miles in area. The largest one consists almost entirely of a joint US United Kingdom military base. Yes, we're gonna soak them. The seven atolls collectively sent the US an entire three hundred and thirty thousand dollars worth of expert exports in the last year. We have numbers for a that ten percent tariff, and maybe they'll come around.
Speaker 4: Trump administration announced a twenty nine percent tariff on all goods from Norfolk Island, a thirteen square mile remote island territory of Australia with about two thousand people. According to the island's administrator, they don't have any.
Speaker 2: Trade with the United States.
Speaker 6: So what were all the penguin memes yesterday? Did you find that endless penguin memes?
Speaker 2: No, I missed completely.
Speaker 6: So, yeah, you go on to Ian Bremmer or lots of different people, and it's people who don't like what Trump's doing. But so there must have been a tariff on someplace that's mostly penguins, because it was and they were very funny. Yeah, it was endless. It was endless memes about penguins reacting to the tariff. My favorite one was it was the Oval Office from the famous meeting from a couple of weeks ago, and he got vance with his hand in the air and Trump with his finger.
Speaker 2: This penguins sitting on the chair and Trump is saying cards and the penguin's just sitting there, white eyes. Sorry, that's funny.
Speaker 4: I don't care who you are, how you vote, that's funny. I gotta get to the end of the penguin man. I was foolishly hanging out with friends and talking about life. Oh yeah, wow, wow, okay, all right, we'll see how this all shakes out. I'm hoping it is one of those little whoop says that you know, just don't even matter. In a few weeks, we won't even think of it again. I certainly hope that's the.
Speaker 6: Which could be similar to like the Columbia thing a couple of weeks ago, when he threatened Columbia with something if you don't take back the criminal immigrants, and then there's like a university not the country you mean, right, uh, no country, he told the country Columbia.
Speaker 2: Right, flying the immigrants over there.
Speaker 4: It's funny, kind of the same thing with the university, Right, you don't rain in the scumbags, We're gonna punish you.
Speaker 6: But it was a really big deal of the threat, and then they caved and then it was over. So I don't know if all these countries are gonna cave, but yeah, hopefully, well whatever, Yeah, after years of woke shows, Maga comes for the Smithsonian is the very positive article in the National Review.
Speaker 2: I was just there a.
Speaker 6: Couple of weeks ago with my kids, and it was so annoying Henry. It was driving Henry crazy. He's really highly tuned into woke stuff. It drives him nuts. God, can we see one animal on display without being lectured about climate change one?
Speaker 2: Or how evil man?
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 1: It?
Speaker 2: Just constant.
Speaker 4: Can we see one display of the nineteen tens with how white people were this, that and the other, and that has its place in history, but not everything all the time.
Speaker 6: Well, and that's presentism because you know you're judging those people by today's standards.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I read a great think piece several months ago I never brought to the air, we just didn't have time. But it was explaining how Trump can rain and woke, and a lot of it was exactly what you're seeing, the funding of universities and research grants. And there was one other big aspect to it. It'll pop it into my head. But one that I thought was interesting was get hold of our museums. We are indoctrinating our people to hate our country through our museums, including the smithsonially.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe next hour we can get into exactly how they're twisting arms. But twisting arms they are, and is about damn time everything woke turns to amen to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I don't need one of the great museums in the world lecturing me on a political issue. Every display I see so annoying. More on the way I stare sleep arm strong and.
Speaker 5: People should be able to drive whatever car they want without fear of going into the store and someone scratching their car or uh, people yelling at them because of the car that they choose to drive. A time for all of us, you know, just to start getting along and knock this stuff off.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: People should be able to be left alone.
Speaker 6: The source on that is worth mentioning the police chief there in Minneapolis, which is one of the most woke cities in America, saying let people drive whatever they want to.
Speaker 2: Drive for crying out loud, kidding.
Speaker 4: The religious fervor around politics, calm down.
Speaker 6: So I've been talking about sleep a lot, as is going through a really bad stretch of being able to get to sleep mostly to stay asleep, and it's horrible. I'd never really had that in my life. I know a lot of you have had it your whole life. And it turns out, after doing a little research, half of Americans have sleep problems. And so we just I won't repeat all the stuff we've discussed because maybe you've heard it already. This person texted today about how they started on ammit trip to Leen, which I'd never even heard of. It's something you take as nanodepressant. Small amounts as great change their life. So ask your doctor about amit tripleen? But we got a long I'm going to try the ice bath tomorrow, as recommended by one of our best clients, super smart guy. He started jumping into an ice bath in the morning, and he says it changed his sleeping situation. We recorded it so we'd know what it sounded like. I don't know if I can do it. It sounds horrible, he says.
Speaker 8: It's horrible.
Speaker 2: Ah, oh my god.
Speaker 6: When is it ever going to seem like a good idea to get up in the morning? And it'd be so easy. I'll start tomorrow. Tomorrow, I'll jump in the ice bath first thing out of bed.
Speaker 2: You see.
Speaker 4: That's the thing. I might believe it like I know my own name. Just complete confidence. It's a brilliant idea, the best idea. In day two I'd be like, no.
Speaker 6: Well, And the theory says behind it is that it kicks in your fight or flight and it's good for you. Fight or Flight's not everybody's favorite feeling, you know, right right, especially if you get a bad ticker or what have you. Here's the headline for you.
Speaker 4: A freezing fountain of youth, just one week of cold plunges could slow aging at oh cellular level.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm mostly worried about sleep.
Speaker 6: But there's a bunch of studies out right now and saying it helps all kinds of different things. Although I was told by someone who keeps their finger on the pulse of what's cool and hot in LA that the whole ice bath thing is super popular in LA right now, and everybody's getting the you know, six to ten thousand dollars ice bath thing in their house, and oh, anything that becomes a popular trend in LA, I tend to think, damn, maybe maybe not well.
Speaker 4: And the other thing I'm looking at this study, It's not like I've examined the methodogy or whatever, But I can cite a hundred different cures and revitalizings and the youthification to whatevers that cite some study, and the study is either entirely fictional or the fix was.
Speaker 2: In or and I don't know which one this is. This might be a great idea. It makes sense.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of an intuitive level, because we walk out into and those of us who haven't lived in a cold, cold climate for a long time, maybe you don't remember you don't know this or you don't remember it, but you walk out into a really cold day and you suddenly feel more alive than you've felt in years.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, And I say that to my kids all the time when, like if we're back in Kansas for Christmas or something, when it's cold like it was this last time, Oh my god, you just well, I'm ready to go. Yeah, just whatever happens to your body when you get cold like that.
Speaker 4: You know, it's funny. It's bothered me for years. I won't bother slagging a particular book. I've slagged many times. But people have all these complicated sociological colonialist depressor style theories of why the northern why away from the equator developed so much industry and science and technology and the really hot parts of the world didn't still true, and everybody has these like I say, you know, well, because of the exploitation of colonialism, blah blah blah, Well how those colonial powers get advanced enough to be colonial powers. I've lived in cold places, I've lived in hot places, and when it's cold you feel like doing stuff, and when it's hot, you feel like laying around.
Speaker 2: It's as simple as that.
Speaker 4: It might be it might be, and you want to do this, it's too hot, that is the answer.
Speaker 6: So I want quickly on the melatonin thing, just because I wanted to throw that in. Lots of you tried melatonin. Every store in America now has melatonin. Lots of us.
Speaker 2: Give it to our kids, for better or worse.
Speaker 6: I worry about changing the brain chemistry so your brain doesn't pre melatonin anymore, and all those sorts of things.
Speaker 2: But anyway, how much do you take? Well?
Speaker 6: I was as a good alcoholic. If five is good, ten's got to be better. So I was taking ten to get to sleep, and then then a ten laying there if I woke up to take again.
Speaker 2: And it wouldn't really do anything.
Speaker 6: Well, we got a text from somebody who had done a bunch of research, talked to a bunch of doctors and said, weirdly enough, if you take more than like five or ten, it goes the other direction.
Speaker 2: It keeps you awake. You want to take like one or two, And I thought, I don't know why that would work, but I started.
Speaker 6: I got some of the low dose ones, like the two and a half, so and I've been breaking them in half and taking one and sleeping soundly on ten percent of the melatonin I was taken before. So give it a whirl. See if at work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, clearly biochemistry, more is not always better. Uh So I'm trying to decide if there's any value when is more not better?
Speaker 6: More pie, more booze, more money, more sex, everything you need more of.
Speaker 2: It's a good point.
Speaker 4: So I'm not sure if this has any value to do on the air for folks.
Speaker 2: Maybe it does.
Speaker 4: It's the sleep Doctor Sleep quiz, which a beloved listener or doctor oz thing maybe Alisa suggested, and they go into the different styles of sleep, your chronotype, and you can be a bear or a lion, or a wolf or a dolphin. And she thinks, which one is the one that's probably a dolphin? Jack is a wolf? For a dolphin, which one's the one that lays there regretting their past?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Boy, So the bear is the most common human chronotype, found in roughly fifty five percent of the population. People with a bear chronotype, like bears in the wild, essentially follow the sun, waking up when the sun rises in the early morning and retiring as darkness falls in the early evening. It's my dad, Their peak productivity hours are ten am to two pm.
Speaker 2: That's something.
Speaker 6: Your peak hours are ten to two that's my I'll be lucky if I don't crash my car or fall out of my chair hours.
Speaker 4: Right right, Oh my god, he's got slack jawed, watery eyes.
Speaker 6: Hours one o'clock in the afternoon. I've always wondered, how does anybody do anything this time of day.
Speaker 2: It's the worst time of day. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I find myself wondering whether that's because, believe it or not, this show is kind of tiring to do, and at the end of it, I'm at least mentally exhausted.
Speaker 2: I wonder if that's why that I always been that way.
Speaker 6: I remember in high school alright after one o'clock math class and just like I'm gonna die. I don't know if I can stay upright.
Speaker 4: And fall asleep and break my teeth on my desk as my head falls anyway. People with the lion chronotype tend to wake up early, often around five am, and feel most energetic and productive before noon. There was a time I crafted my life intentionally like that. I woke up on the weekends at like four point thirty in the morning, same time. I got up for work and I would write early in the morning. I was incredibly productive. But then around three o'clock in the afternoon, I mean I had to like, well, I won't say do a giant line of cocaine because I don't, but I was so damn tired.
Speaker 2: I was tempted anyway, line that I.
Speaker 6: Would do a giant line of cocaine and me and the kids would go into the park.
Speaker 2: With my fellow lions. That's right.
Speaker 4: Lions tend to feel the most accomplished when they tackle their daily to do list as soon as possible, as energy levels begin to fall in the early afternoon. Lions typically wind down in the early evening and fall asleep no later than ten pm. Roughly fifteen percent of people have the lion chronotype. I might be that, but I likesm a cocktails, so sometimes.
Speaker 2: You're a lion who drinks.
Speaker 4: I'm a drinking lion, so so yeah, sleeping in a little bit sometimes feels good. If you know someone who is not a morning person, chances are they are a wolf. About fifteen percent of the population as this chronotype. Wolves wake up later in the day feel most productive between ten am and four PM. They'll also get bursts of energy in the evening. Midnight or later is common bedtime for wolves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's funny. I don't know. I'm pretty good at that.
Speaker 6: But when I wake up in the morning, I'm as alert as I get all day long, immediately, thank God. And I have one kid that's like that, and another kid who's like his mom wakes up and it's just like, yeah, don't talk to me.
Speaker 2: I need like a half hour to ease into the day. I just barely know my name. Maybe you're a lion. You just need to admit it. I don't know.
Speaker 4: And about ten percent of people have the dolphin chronotype, which is the hardest to form a schedule around. Pardon me, they got a bull hole without sacrificing sleep quality. This chronotype gets its name because dolphins in the wild remain alert while sleeping to evade predators. People with this chronotype tend to be sensitive to light and noise while they sleep that's me for sure, and prone to fragmented sleep patterns. Many are considered insomniacs. However, dolphins have a strong productivity window between ten am and two pm.
Speaker 2: I'm a dolphin. You're sensitive to light, for sleeping.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I need, you know, like a pillow over my head, or eye shades or white noise. I used to do earplugs, but now I just use my phone for the noise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I use a fan.
Speaker 6: I could lay down on the floor right here and go to sleep right now, and you guys could keep doing the show with the lights on and the noise, and I'd be fine.
Speaker 2: And clearly mocking you while we did it.
Speaker 6: And then you get a magic marker and draw things on my face. Oh, of course we do. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Do you want to hear some behavioral protocols to help you optimize sleep and quality and duration? Yes?
Speaker 2: Please? Morning sunlight exposure is good. It's oh, it's great.
Speaker 4: Get outside within thirty to sixty minutes of waking up to view natural sunlight for five to twenty minutes longer on cloudy days.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah. Wow.
Speaker 4: Sets your circadian rhythm by triggering cortisole release and suppressing melatonin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my dad naturally has always lived that way. Limit bright light at night. Uh huh.
Speaker 4: Similar note consistent sleep schedule. We all know that, right, It's all about your circadian rhythms.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, I don't know between I don't know having kids that consistent life.
Speaker 2: The sleep schedule has always been hard.
Speaker 4: But yeah, let's see there are a few more. They're great afterward from our friends at Prize Picks mez ball season has begun. The basketball players are starting to play like they mean it.
Speaker 2: Great time to get into Prize Picks.
Speaker 4: You see, all you do is pick more or less on at least two player stat projections for a shot to win. Up with two a thousand times your cash, and yes, your lineup can combine different sports.
Speaker 2: This is going to be my new hack.
Speaker 6: Now I figure out if Lebron is like a lion or a dolphin sleeper? Right, they got an afternoon game. Although that's what I'll do. Turn your sports opinions into money when you download the Prize Picks app. And again with the basketball season really getting in the playoff push and all that sort of stuff, and then you got a whole new sport, baseball. There's plenty plenty out there to think about.
Speaker 4: Its super easy to use to and fund. Download the Prize Picks app today used the code Armstrong. You get fifty bucks instantly after you play just a five dollars lineup. You don't need to win. They just give it to you to have fun with after you play five dollars again, it's prize picks. The coat is armstrong. Prize picks. Run your game.
Speaker 6: The one thing I still have never heard anybody address around sleep and some people nap and some people don't. I'm a napper, or just like I'm built to nap. I don't get to nap that often, but I'm built for it. And I can just fall right asleep and it doesn't matter how much screen time I got, or eating or whatever, all the things that they claim ruin your sleep. I'll sleep like the dead if it's one o'clock in the afternoon.
Speaker 2: So why what is that? I don't know. I've never heard anybody address that. Maybe you're a dolphin.
Speaker 4: Temperature control keep the bedroom cool to facilitate the natural drop and core body temperature needed for sleep. I hate sleeping if it's hot, Oh, colder the better, Yeah, worm bad on a cold atmosphere is the best thing I.
Speaker 2: Want to hear. The most disturbing thing I know about Joe Katie.
Speaker 6: Oh lord, he sleeps with socks on what I know, like a psychopath.
Speaker 2: Well that's fair.
Speaker 6: Oh, I would go I would lose. I would. I would give you the nuclear codes or whatever you need. Better socks would I would? I would give you any information you want to get these socks off.
Speaker 2: Me so I can go to sleep. Oh no, keeps your feet nice and warm. Oh, the blankets are four let's see.
Speaker 4: A warm bath or shower one to two hours before bed can also help by causing a rapid cool down afterward, signaling sleepiness.
Speaker 2: That's interesting.
Speaker 6: Jumping on ice baths your fight or flight kicks in. You're afraid you're gonna die, and then slip better.
Speaker 4: Uh. Engage in physical activity during the day, ideally in the morning or afternoon. Exercise raises body temperature and boosts alertness.
Speaker 2: Don't do it before bed. Who exercises before bed? Really? Stop it? You're a weirdo.
Speaker 6: You haven't hit a caffeine one yet. Don't drink caffeine after whatever time?
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: Food timing and type. Finish eating two to three hours before bed. Caffeine management. Limit caffeine in the morning, blah blah blah, avoid it eight to ten hours before bed. Caffeine blocks a deno zine jag a sleep promoting chemicals.
Speaker 2: So timing matters.
Speaker 6: I was talking to somebody about this the other day who had this experience for the first time drinking coffee late in the day. The feeling you get if you're caffeinated when you're trying to sleep, your legs it's like you can't. I can't get my legs to stay still if I've drank caffeine doo late in the day. Oh boy, it's just such an uncomfortable, restless leg syndrome, such a horrible feeling.
Speaker 4: Alcohol avoidance, get me shut up, paunch and shut up. Minimize or avoid alcohol, especially close to bedtime. It does affect your ram sleep, leading to poor arrests. Blah blah. On the other hand, my problems, what problems, I don't remember them. Have a wine down routine, and how to handle wake up. If you wake up at night and can't fall asleep within twenty to twenty five minutes, get out of bed and do a relaxing activity like reading with dim light to avoid associating your bed with wakefulness.
Speaker 2: Just don't believe that almost that would have been funny. It was close. Good catch.
Speaker 4: You don't believe that this is science, you really, I'm awake now, socks of science.
Speaker 6: You associate your bed with sleeping, so don't do other things in your bed because your brain will think where.
Speaker 2: I don't believe that at all.
Speaker 6: It's like last night, I woke up three times in exactly an hour between each.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna get up and go do something. Yeah, well, deny science, then go ahead. Gave more of the way. So did the NCAA Women's go all four number one seeds? Also don't know that four teams all right?
Speaker 6: Number one ranke during the season. Who wins the NCAA Women's basketball national title. I don't know if those are separate questions or not. Huh topics, But I've seen so many news outlets trying to jam in lots of women's Final four stuff, NWNBA stuff to try to, you know, to be fair and equity, and I just don't think there's an audience for it.
Speaker 4: Not the w NBA so much, but the women's NCAA tournament was higher ratings last year because of Caitlin Clark than the men's.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I watched South Carolina Duke the other day, the gals game, and it was I was on an airplane, so it was kind of captive, but it was a really good game entertaining anyway, So I wanted to just touch on this again real briefly. The president reforming the Smithsonian Institution are trying to because it's so damned woke, and it's worth reviewing the Museum of the American Latinos first exhibition it hasn't actually opened yet.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 6: So there's the other part of it is, when I was searching which museums were open, a whole bunch of identity politics museums now that I didn't even know exist.
Speaker 4: Right well, it's on view in the American History Museum right now until the American Latino Museums, no new home is finished. All of this is ridiculous. Every ethnicity gets their own museum. That's not the idea of this country. It's already happened, I know. But anyway, the their first exhibition present day was so conceited, dumb, pious, dopey and deceitful. I'm quoting who is this, Brian Allen? And I remember reading about this at the time that even Latino people were like, this is awful. It portrays us as just poor, pathetic victims. And so the funding was threatened to be yanked, and everybody hated it. It was so woke, which in retrospect should have been a message that hey, the woke crowd is losing latinos because they were House Appropriations Committee voted to defund the museum. Understanding it present day is a taste of things to come.
Speaker 6: I was looking through a bunch of therapists the other day for a family member and reading all the little bios of these different therapists. One thing that COVID brought us that good is so many people normalized zoom therapy, so it like opens up the whole mostly state because you have to be state licensed, but anyway, you're not just relegated to your own town anymore.
Speaker 2: Any who.
Speaker 6: I was looking through all these little blurbs and the number of them that would mention latinx oh, and I'm like, okay, you're out.
Speaker 2: Immedia, yes, one hundred percent. Now are you at this point not aware that that's a joke?
Speaker 4: So one more thing I want to squeeze In Trump administration, the Executive Orders cited the horrifying twenty twenty talking about race portal in talking about how they're going to reign in the Smithsonian that anchors the youth education program at the Museum of African American History and Culture.
Speaker 2: This is what they teach youth.
Speaker 4: In a section called Aspects and Assumptions of White Culture, the museum said that whiteness bad includes objectivity, rational, linear thinking, along with self reliance, independence, hard work is the key to success, planning for the future, respect for the law and property, good grammar, marriage, and most of all, bland food.
Speaker 2: What that was in the museum.
Speaker 4: Yes, that was the center of their youth education at the Museum of African American History and Professional Museum. Yes, that is incredible, hard work, independence, planning for the future.
Speaker 2: Are white supremacy and they're bad?
Speaker 6: That is crazy. Do you miss a segment or hour? Get the podcast I'm Strong and Getty on demand
Speaker 7: Armstrong and Getty