Speaker 1: This is the most dramatic podcast ever and iHeartRadio podcast. We cannot recommend having two weddings enough.
Speaker 2: It checked every box for us in the best way. I mean, we said it before and again I apologize for the state of my voice. Two weddings, having people stay at our house for f one a Halloween party in the middle, That's what I've decided to do over the past two weeks. I just love festivities and people, and that's part of why we had two weddings. We wanted to make sure to include everybody in our lives, our closest friends and family, our extended family, our friends from LA from Austin, from all over, bachelor people, people I'd worked with. We wanted to include all those people. But our big fear was how will we spend good time with all those people?
Speaker 1: Right? And that is the key, and that's hitting the nail on the head, because it's not that we couldn't include all those people in one event. The problem is those events wouldn't have been how we wanted to spend that time and energy with those particular people. The NAPA party, we wanted to spend very intimate time that was family, mom, dad, brother, sisters, different than putting on our boots and shaking it up like we did in Austin. And we wanted to spend that kind of time with those people. So that is how the two party system was created.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing we did, I mean, part of why we're so tired. Even with doing two parties, you still had to find And I should also say, uh huh, Like I said, I understand having two weddings sounds like this big expense. We're very blessed, We're very grateful. I was also a babe on a budget. To the best of my ability, wore my dress at both of them. My mom made the desserts for Austin. We saved money in ways we could.
Speaker 1: Before we leave Napa, I just wanted to make one note because people have asked, did you go immediately on a honeymoon and the answer was no, because well, we had another wedding coming up in three weeks, so it would have been and weird to like leave Napa, go on a honeymoon, come back, have a wedding, and then maybe go on another honeymoon. So after Napa, we just spent one very intimate, lovely night at a beautiful hotel there in Napa Valley called the Poetry In.
Speaker 2: It's so exquisite if you're ever able to make a special weekend of it and go. It only has a few rooms. It's kind of an elegant home turned into a small hotel up on cliff Lead vineyards. They make you breakfast in your room every day. They it's it's like.
Speaker 1: You're rushan bakery goods coming in and the poetry and.
Speaker 2: It's so romantic. Our room at an outdoor shower overlooking the vineyards. That's all you need to know. So and you know what, I didn't even really feel like I needed a honeymoon because the wedding and Napa, I mean, Napa could be a honeymoon destination.
Speaker 1: It really was. It felt like that, I think.
Speaker 2: We might do a trip for our first anniversary.
Speaker 1: In a year, and I agree, I think that's what. You know, give it, give it time, let us think in and then have an amazing anniversary trip a year from now. So we left Napa and we went back and immediately, as you said, F one race here in Austin, we had people come in down for the F one Race. We enjoyed that. Then it was Halloween we had a little Halloween party, and then it was wedding week number two and it started right here at this house as we sit in our office with a great Bachelor party that we hosted, you know, Friday night.
Speaker 2: You can call it a Bachelor party. It was all Bachelor Nation, all of the Bachelor Nation alumni who were coming to the wedding. We wanted to have an intimate again, to get the good time in with people, and we hadn't seen a lot of them in a long time, some in part because of the pandemic, even it had been years for some, and we wanted to see them and kind of have a really good like safe space, I don't know, safe space for the drama. It turned into actually a bit of healing this weekend from Bachelor very cathartic.
Speaker 1: I almost fell back into my hosting role of kind of Papa bear, of taking care of everybody. And I want to give you a huge shout out and credit. This was your idea. I didn't bring this up. You actually said Friday Night, Babe, I think we should do this. We should bring all of the batch for people in just so everybody can be around each other before the big event where maybe We're not going to spend as much into mind time together, just so we can really talk and be together.
Speaker 2: I'll be honest with you. I was also kind of thinking, this is a big party. I don't know, people be coming up to people asking for photos and stuff. I respect everybody's you know, there's that fame level. And they were going to an event where they didn't know a lot of people. I wanted them to have a safe space just hanging out with people, you know at our house and we poured some great wines. We poured a wine from when we got engaged in Apple, which was fun.
Speaker 1: We got engaged at Brand and there was this beautiful wine we were drinking from Brand, and I had some magnums like a double bottle is what that is built? And they etched into it the proposal. So we opened up our proposal wine.
Speaker 2: And it was also funny, like so we you and I did all that. We did a bunch of big sure couterie boards. We had some desserts and afterwards, and everybody had a lot of drinks. And I'm getting ahead of myself, but afterwards Kaitlyn Bristow texted, she was like so sweet, she said, I just realized we left and we didn't help you guys clean up, and like, but I'm assuming you hired someone. I was like, I would have been a great idea. Kaitlyn, No, Chris and I just washed well fifty glasses, maybe more d y.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Lauren just kind of leaped into the lead and pop that balloon. So let's get to it. This is what people want to know. Who is here, and let's just deal with number one. Jason Tarctick and Kitlin Bristow both invited and both showed up. They both were here. Let's dive into more.
Speaker 2: Well, I want to say, and I'm more not gonna you know, I don't want to reveal everything about our friendships with them. But Caitlin and Jason were both you know, obviously they split, and they were both so sweet about Like, we reached to them a while ago and said, hey, how do you feel about coming to the wedding. They both said, each separately said like on separate texts, this day is about you, guys. We will be fine. Don't worry about us, and we want to be there for you. So they were both so sweet about that. But what we didn't realize. I did not know this until Friday night when they showed up at our house because like, they have their dogs together and they both live in Nashville. I thought they'd seen each other since the split. Me too, they had not seen each other since they broke up until they walked into our house only a few minutes apart from each other in on Friday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in Austin. And before we talk about who else was there? Yeah, we'll just let's just deal with this. I'd talked to both of them, so had you. They handled it with such grace and such love for us, and they made it about us until it became not on purpose about them, because they ended up at this party together at our house. And again, I don't know how how many people were here, Like, well we had okay.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna run, Okay, I'm gonna run. Sean and Catherine couldn't make it because they had a charity event in Dallas on Friday.
Speaker 1: Oh we're at the wedding.
Speaker 2: Alan Gail, producer and his lovely fiance Molly Quinn couldn't make it because they were busy working. But they came.
Speaker 1: Saturday, and then I think everybody else was here.
Speaker 2: I think everybody else who was at the wedding on Saturday, was here on Friday night. And we should also say there were some wonderful people in macharination who we did invitees who just could not make the wedding. Let's just put it out there because we love them. Pilot, Pete, Peter Webber, Yes, he wanted to come, Deanna Yes, Jason and Molly yep.
Speaker 1: I can't believe Leslie Murphy didn't come. I mean, she had a baby two days prior. See Leslie, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: The sweetest person in the world. She'd been wanting to come and texting us weekly updates from her pregnancy, like, I think the baby's going to come and I'll make the wedding. And I'm thinking, babe, even if she comes now, you're not coming to our wedding a week after giving.
Speaker 1: This is what a badass Leslie Murphy is and one of the reasons I adore her. She's one of my favorite people from the show. We've become good friends. She texted Lauren and I I think it was five days before She's like, Guys, I think I just finally have to say I can't come this baby. I haven't given it, but up until five days before. What if she'd had it six or seven days before she was going to be at our wedding. That's what a boss Leslie Murphy is. But if anybody had a great excuse. Along with Ashley and JP, who obviously they are divorced, but they were both invited, they were both going to come, but it was their daughter's birthday, so they were back in Florida celebrating that as well.
Speaker 2: And also Sarah Harron and Dylan. Sarah was invited and she was so sweet and we wanted to come. She was unable to make it. But there were Yeah, I'm trying to think of anybody would forgot, but I think that was everyone.
Speaker 1: I think so. And then all right, and then and then you could see the pictures of who all was here, But there was the case they're posting great content.
Speaker 2: One thing we can rely on the Bachelor crew for true. They are going to take great photos, great videos. I'm like, oh good, why did we hire anyone? They're on it?
Speaker 1: And so who was here were not only just the Bachelor Bacherette people but also their spouses significant others, so Colton and Jordan and Becca and Hayley and Jess then and Jess and jarn Wells exactly. So everybody was here with their spouses, which was also neat because a lot of people haven't met. You know, there were a part of this family that we created, but a lot of them either haven't seen each other, haven't met Beca.
Speaker 2: Tilly was so sweet. She texted us, Hey, just want to make sure I know it's Bachelumba. Can Haley come? And we were like yes, and she goes, Okay, this is her dream. She's so excited. I had never met Haley.
Speaker 1: I haven't met Haley, and I feel like I know her. I felt like I already loved this woman, and now that I meet her, I'm like, okay, beck, I see why you fell in love with this girl. And so they it was beautiful to spend time with them and get to know her, and get to know Beca with Haley now and see them together and see how happy they are. But the Jason. So Jason shows up first, tartic buffalo boy, always on time, and so he arrives, and then Caitlyn came a little bit after. And again, as Lauren alluded to, I had not realized and I've talked to both of them a lot. During all this, I didn't know they hadn't really talked. And I think Jason put it best, when you're going through a breakup and this is not on purpose, animosity grows and this is life because the point of a breakup. First of all, it didn't end well. Second of all, you don't see each other, you don't talk, it's a breakup. So an event like this, they were kind of forced to come back together and both Jason and Caitlin and I talked to them and they both approved to talk about this. They were kind of forced to face this situation and it turned out to be a beautiful, cathartic coming together and it was very amicable, very friendly, turned into a lot of laughs, a lot of friendship.
Speaker 2: It made me so happy to see them at our house talking to each other. They were standing to each other, It was standing near each other talking and you know, you could you could feel a little tension at first, but then it felt like the ice had been broken and I could see them laughing. And you know, to me, that's you always got to break awkward or pain with some kind of joe and Caitlin is very good at that, especially with her and Jason both.
Speaker 1: Not to use a sports reference, but if you see the beginning of a boxing match, the fighters kind of dance around each other, you know, finding their space and their rhythm. That's how the night started. I felt, well, I.
Speaker 2: Mean literally in our living room that way. It wasn't a very big space.
Speaker 1: It was kind of like, you know, one of them stood outside on the pool deck, and it just kind of gave each other their space. But then, and I will tell you, because I know people are wondering, it's not one or either of them that made the move. They just kind of came together and started chatting in our kitchen and then they just had a wonderful talk and there were smiles, and I think that they both probably wanted that ice to be broken, and then it was. And again the beauty of this, Lauren Zima, was that it was a safe space we created, so there was no cameras, nobody videotaped it, and it just turned out to be a great now. And then the whole weekend was then a relief for them because then they could go to the wedding Saturday night and not have a care in the world.
Speaker 2: And there were more couples I think or more people that needed this healing moment. Then I realized I turned around. At one point in Colton and Taysha were talking, and I think they had a good conversation, and I kind of thought, when was the last time they talked? You know, at this point, so much has happened, but you forget that Taysha was on Colton's season, and a lots happened.
Speaker 1: I forget who's on whose season because now I know just know these people as hey, I know when they are the Bacheler bats are up. But then I also kind of forget I don't remember what Wells season was. And then he makes a joke about you know, Jojo not picking him.
Speaker 2: Oh right, JoJo's there. Ben and Wells are both there. I think, Oh no, Jojo was on Ben's season, Wells on JoJo's season.
Speaker 1: Yes, that part, to me is funny because they of course remember. And I think Ben even made a great joke in his social media post of like, you know, all these crazy people have probably in some way either dated, slept with each other, or you know, yeah, it's this one.
Speaker 2: Well that's the old joke.
Speaker 1: One big andcestuous group, but another and I'm going to bring up Jason again. Another meeting that was very important that I wasn't thinking of was Jason Tarctic and Colton. Jason and Colton had not spoken in quite some time. There were some animosity there and they just hadn't really dealt with that. They apparently, as Jason told me, reached out to each other and had agreed to kind of bury this and talk and it had nothing to do with our wedding. This talk started about a month ago, but they hadn't seen each other until again coming to our house on Friday night, and then really had a good talk at our wedding, and it was again very cathartic, very productive, very friendly, and it worked out beautifully. And Jason, as I talked to him, said, I don't think I understood the full weight of what Colton was bearing. And that's not to excuse anything. It's not to say everything he did was perfect, because it wasn't, but it is to say I did not walk in his shoes. I don't know what he was carrying around. And Jason spoke for I think for all of us when he told me to see Colton in love and to see Jordan. There there is this lightness about him. There is this weight lifted off his shoulders. And Jason said, he is a different human being. He's a different person. And I couldn't agree more. And you were. You and I were at Colton and Jordan's wedding and we saw it firsthand. He's he is a changed man living his truth and that's that part is beautiful.
Speaker 2: Jordan is so wonderful. And I to see them. We were at their wedding, but you know at your wedding, your I mean, they weren't tense, but you got a lot going on. To see them relaxed at our wedding together, they put Oh, their outfits were wonderful. They were texting me about the effort they were putting in. Our theme, by the way, was for Austin Cowboy Cocktail. We were here in Texas. We said, go Cowboy Cocktail. However you interpret that. I did have some inspiration picks up on the website and a shout out to Ari Lyondyke, who literally bought the exact outfit from one of the inspiration picks his.
Speaker 1: Social media post. Because he posted the inspo pick and then he posted his fit, it's he might as well have been the model it was identical.
Speaker 2: But so Colton. Colton texted me, I'm coming to your house wearing pearls. Anyways, he's wearing a pearl necklace with a like sleek jacket and they just look fit and happy.
Speaker 1: And I love what Jordan said to you at our house. Towards the end of the party, Jordan came up to you and he said, you know, I didn't know all these people. I've never seen him in person. Everybody's so damn good looking.
Speaker 2: Here Jordan goes, this is a really attractive group of people. I said, you know, Jordan, I never think about it, but I guess they were all cast for television. So I'm just trying to run through else was there on Friday night, so I don't forget anything. You know. You, Oh, you had some fun with the boys. You you golfed on Friday, Well we did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do have a little pitching and chipping green.
Speaker 2: No one knows what that is. It's like a tiny mini golf course, okay, like one hole.
Speaker 1: Thin, like a little part. And so Ben and Wells and I were down there hitting some golf balls. Jason.
Speaker 2: What was cute actually was Jason was filming you all as if he was your proud dad. Jason was hanging I was worried about a liability. Jason was hanging over the edge of our patio to get a good shot filming. Ben and Wells and Chris Shipping.
Speaker 1: And Ben and Wells and I. We have this competitive thing between us that we just always want to be competing and beating each other as much as we love each other. But it was also it's been so long since I've seen Trista. Ryan, by the way, could not be with us, unfortunately, but Trista was here and it was so good to see her, you know, as I say, the godmother of it all. Like I feel like she and I started this thing together. I know there was Alex Michelle and Aaron Burgee before her, but I feel like.
Speaker 2: Well, just to stay in the fold with you.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, I don't talk to Aaron or Alex anymore. And so she's part of the world. And that really legitimized our franchise.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: That was that lightning in a bottle, the first marriage, the first true engage that worked, and that really put us on the map. I just love her and she's always been a dear friend of mine and I was at her wedding back in you know, two thousand and four. Six, No, it must have been earlier in that two thousand and three, and that was just it was wonderful.
Speaker 2: I think what's fun about this group too, is you kind of only all get together for like big, yeah, crazy things like this. I think Jade and Jojo saw each other and they were like, we haven't seen each other since Vegas, you know, And and so there's there's probably a drunken story or two in there, but they only get together to create good times and maybe great drama as well.
Speaker 1: And two things. One of the things I love you made me just think of it about having all the parents here, Jade and Tanner, Ashley and Jail.
Speaker 2: Thank you for getting child care. You guys, we know it's a lot.
Speaker 1: Lauren and Ari like, these people are in the wheat man. They are getting beat and I know some others have kids, like Ryan interest in all that, but they're older kids. These people are in the wheelhouse of just the nightmare of being a parent, and they all I think they also loved getting a hotel room and having some adult time and that was wonderful. A fantasy suite a fantasy suite. Yeah, but speaking of hosting, there was a moment so I wanted to call everybody in and just just kind of raise a glass and propose a toast. And so it was really funny. There was you know, we had our house open. It was a beautiful, spectacular night. So the house was open and some of the people were sitting out. The ladies were sitting out kind of on our pool deck, and I wanted to bring everybody in, and it kind of and all of a sudden, I walked out and they all looked up, and it was that tink tink moment where I go out and I say, I'm sorry, I hate to break this up, but if everybody could come join me inside, and I just they all they didn't mean it. I didn't mean to go into host role, and I totally went into host role. Ladies, could you join me inside please? I'm going to send you on your first dates. But it was it was wonderful. And then I got up and made a toast everybody and as that was the cool thing as I looked over and I will post a group photo of everybody that was here at the house at that time. Jason and Caitlyn were standing together and it just it was just beautiful and it just warmed my heart that all these people have loved and supported me and now lz in my life and they were here in our house and it was just so warm, so lovely. There were so many laughs. We wanted to. This thing was supposed to end at seven thirty at night.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, we see this with love. But again, we're trying to make time for everybody. So we kind of triple booked but not overbooked ourselves. Friday, we planned to be with the Bachelor crew five thirty to seven thirty, kind of do happy hour and light bites with them, and then we were going to meet my family friends and my sorority sisters at a rest to see all of them. So we were trying to make it there. Now, we did plan for it to go to a little late.
Speaker 1: Yeah we knew, but it was fine.
Speaker 2: It was going over an hour late.
Speaker 1: Yeah, about eight thirty eight forty five. I go, okay, I'm just gonna propose this toast and try try and kind of start getting people. You know, are so good.
Speaker 2: I know, I actually and I'm glad. I mean, we also didn't want to stay out too late Friday night, but I could have hung out with everybody a lot longer. I was looking around, going, you know, I wanted this to happen, and I thought it'll be like good for everyone to see each other and just break the ice and also reconnect. But it really was an evening of witnessing growth. Everybody's in such a healthy, like adult place right now. Overall, I think, and I didn't want it to end. We were having a lot of really genuine, happy fun and chats and catching up, and I could have stayed all night. I sort of regretted the double booking.
Speaker 1: I think we all needed this. Yeah it felt good, I think.
Speaker 2: Did you feel like I needed it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I don't know if I needed it, but I definitely felt something in the room that I wasn't I wasn't anticipating, and that was just healing and feeling the love and support as I know I've had from these people, but where the state of the franchise is now is so different from when I was hosting the show and helping produce it and when these people were on it for the most part, and so it was just it was very I think it felt good to them to know that we are still this family and this tight knit group that made that made the show what it is and paved the ground for whatever I guess it is now. But yeah, I think it was something that we all kind of needed, and I wasn't. I don't think any of us anticipated how good it was going to feel. I think one of my favorite parts of the night was at the end, we'd all had a few and Bob Guiney decided he was going to be the toastmaster General. He raised a glass and made a toast that.
Speaker 2: He raised a shot glass tequila and it was beautiful and every we were laughing.
Speaker 1: Of course Bob. You know, if you weren't old enough to know Bob guinea season, he was so good. He's so charismatic. He's so fantastically funny. I put him and Andrew Firestone on that Mount rushmore of guys that just crush it.
Speaker 2: Oh and Andrew Firestone. People were asking about him, Yeah, he's another one. He and Evanna were invited, of course, but he was hosting a charity event in Santa Barbara, a.
Speaker 1: Huge event that Havanna has been charing for a while, and so that they came to NAPA. They were a part of that. They could not make it here unfortunately.
Speaker 2: Well, I love hearing I think you just nailed something, And I've wondered sometimes, like, I don't know, I'd love to hear from people on this. Sometimes I feel like I got to come into the franchise and start covering it at like a really good, powerful time. I mean, of course I missed those big years where you've had tens of millions of people watching it on broadcast and you know, sort of the origins of reality TV. But I came in at a time when, like social media was really blowing everyone up, but the family was like, but social media was connecting the Bachelor family, and so like I first started covering it with Ben's season, which is part of why you know, I'm close to Ben and Wells and Jojo, and so I've wondered, Wait, do I just feel like I was there in a really good time because that's when I was there and they're my age or was this kind of group in this age range, in this era really a good solid time in the franchise and it has gone I don't know, I don't know if it's still there anymore.
Speaker 1: Well, think of the decades that span in that room, from Trista in the early two thousands, yeah, all the way through.
Speaker 2: But I guess I'm saying I think that that crew, those couple of years of like ben Jojo Colton, like Hannah Brown in there like that, those couple of years, those were some really good seasons of the show. Ye, and whatever has happened with us, I just even just as a viewer of a show, I know those were really good times. And maybe I can't tell if that's me protect at her if that was a good chunk. And I don't know if it's been that good since then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I don't know if it's been that good since then. I don't know what the con well, I don't know what the camaraderie is. But to that point, I would just add this. I think the fabric was being torn, and I'm glad, and I think everybody in the room Friday night felt we're not going to let that fabric be torn. We're going to let this family heal and be together because we all realized, wait, we love each other, Like what happens, you can let this go, Like we're going to stay together. And I really appree I think that was maybe the healing and the love I felt in that room of it was this big sigh of relief, and we all put our arms around each other and just there was love. It was as I always said, at the end of the day, it was always about love, and so was this.
Speaker 2: We had such a good group. We kept saying on Sunday morning after Friday and Saturday night, the Bachelor crew that we had, the people we invited, and the people we invited are people we kind of use the barmeter of who do we regularly still talk to or catch up with text with, who do we feel really close with, who do we both know really well? And the crew we had was such a good group and so supportive of us and so cheering us on and out on the dance floor on Saturday. And they all showed up Friday night. Nobody I kind of listen. Everybody said Jason was little late, which is fine. I'm not a person who's early are on time to parties, but I was almost for a second I thought, Oh, I don't know, maybe they're exploring the city and they're not going to come. No, everybody showed up and everybody was so happy for us, and it was just such a loving group of people.
Speaker 1: Two things One we forgot, I forgot we invited Claire as well.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, Claire couldn't make it.
Speaker 1: And what was cool was at the end of the night, some people had reservations and went off on their own. I know Culton, Yeah, Culton and Jordan had dinner reservations. But there was this core group that ended up splitting up into boys' night and girls' night. So the boys ended up having a reservation. They went often had a night in that.
Speaker 2: One of our favorite restaurants in Austin fixed.
Speaker 1: Ye so good dude, biscuits, the chicken, Oh my gosh. But then the girls went out and this just happened like spontaneously, and they were in our driveway like okay, guys, we're going here. Girls were going I'm like, okay, this is awesome. I just I love that this group truly, there was so much love and companionship and camaraderie. It just in my heart was swelling and it was such a great jumping off point, diving board springboard effect. To get us into our wedding day On Saturday.
Speaker 2: Taysha brought her new gentleman, oh yes, to a wedding for the first time Luke of Summerhouse on Bravo. You know, I felt like, oh, okay, we're we're debuting this at a wedding. It's listen whoever you are. It's a big deal to bring somebody to a wedding. I think we chatted. He was very sweet, and it was so good to see Tasha taysha Is. She looked so lovely and she was so happy for us.
Speaker 1: And she's someone I had not seen since the pandemic, since IF the show, and I've talked to her, but it was we just I don't know, we kind of exchanged a big hug when she first walked in the door, and just kind of a knowing hug of everything that you know, she had been through and I had been through. So it was again, it was one of those relationships. It was just good to see her. And yeah, I met Luke, a nice guy and had had a brief chat with him and a good Midwestern boy Minneapolis, Minnesota GA.
Speaker 2: He and I talked so much about the Midwest. I know, I'm like, oh, I instantly, I instantly vibe with you.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that night was a great springboard to get us into Saturday. So her wedding at Austin was not traditional at all.
Speaker 2: I did not walk down an aisle alone. Anyway, we entered together.
Speaker 1: This is again another reason why you should always have two wedding ceremonies. We did the typical traditional walk down the aisle. I was up there with the offician and Napa. Lauren walked to me. It was beautiful and it took my breath away and I cried like a baby. But the great thing about Austin and again the vibe was cowboys, chic and let's crush this and it was one big party. So Lauren and I with the kids, we actually drove, well, drove my truck to the wedding. We drove together. We spent the day together, drove together to the wedding with the kids. The kids went in and stood by the stage. There was no sitting. We weren't sitting in pews and all that. This was on the dance floor when Lauren and I walked in.
Speaker 2: This s yeah. What we had the band leader do of the Little Wedding Band. If you are doing any event in Texas, hire the Little Wedding Band. We have so many compliments on them. They rocked the house. So the band leader, Matt, we said to him, we're gonna let you know, text you when we're pulling up in the pickup, and we want you to tell everybody get up on the dance floor but clear path. So he did, and.
Speaker 1: I just thought it was such a great idea. And I don't know if who had it. We just I'm sure it was my I'm sure it was your idea. But the funny thing is, I don't think we really thought through like this is why we're doing it at the time. It just turned out to be so wonderful that we got to experience walking down the aisle together. So we walked in hand in hand. And number one, what were we wearing?
Speaker 2: And why I wore my same dress.
Speaker 1: Same wedding dress. There was not two dresses same wedding dress from Napa. We wore it again.
Speaker 2: I didn't even get it cleaned because I don't really know anywhere you could get a wedding dress cleaned in like a week, and I didn't want to risk it. So it had some of that nap A dirt still on it, it had makeup on it. I don't know if you can see it in the pictures. But who cares sweaty for the wedding?
Speaker 1: My thought was, who gets to wear their wedding dress twice and enjoy? She looks so beautiful in that wedding dress. It's such an incredible dress. Why not wear it again instead of putting it in a closet acting like you're going to do something with it and you never will.
Speaker 2: So you also wear your suit.
Speaker 1: I wore my same customers.
Speaker 2: You get your suit cleaned.
Speaker 1: Didn't get the suit clean? Shirt? Yes, okay? For the armpits, yes, well yeah, just you know a little little sweat there from dancing a napis. Shirt was pressed and clean, and I steamed out my suit and got that ready. But we wore the same suit, same dress as we walked in. So we walked in together, hand in hand. Two hundred and twenty five people there. The seas parted. They created kind of an aisle force and this is the cool thing. And again I can't recommend this enough. The great thing about walking in everybody had the aisle. Everybody created an aisle for ut so everybody had a great look. Everybody could film us. We didn't say put your phones away. We didn't care. There were no rules at this party.
Speaker 2: Everything goes well, and I think it being so casual, like I don't love. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't If I go to a wedding, I do not film the bride walking down the aisle. Yeah, because I think if it's that emotional wedding, like if a bunch of people had been filming me as I walked down the island Napa, you're just seeing cell phones. I want to see people's faces. I want to connect. But it's because it's so emotional and big. This just felt more casual and so and also if you're filming it's just the bride. People got like these really fun videos of both of us coming in. We had a really long aisle with everybody lining, and so we got to really say hi to people as we walk down. And as we've thought about all this, well, okay, look, I know when people are married they enter a reception together, but it was that difference of having an aisle. You and I actually had another idea, even in Napa. I don't know why weddings aren't like this. Yes, we want to change the game. We think that wedding ceremonies should be flipped in terms of the audience's viewpoint. Why isn't it that the ceremony point is I'm trying to explain this right. Basically, the audience instead of looking back the guests, instead of looking back at the bride, they should look forward at the bride. So the bride should walk towards the guests, and the groom's already there. The guests are standing at the groom, and the bride walks towards and stands with.
Speaker 1: It the groom. At the beginning, my back would be to the crowd, to everybody there at the wedding. You would walk towards all of us. We'd all get to see it, and then we'll turn and.
Speaker 2: It just yeah, we're switch it up. But anyway, I know that.
Speaker 1: It's not really conducive to churches because you're not going to have fifty yards walking into that direction one way. But I did anythink about the building, okay, but walking in with you, it was this was what was so different than Napa Napa. I was so nervous. I was just everything was flooding through me emotion wise. This was just so happy, go lucky, and it slowed down for me. I got to breathe. This whole thing in I had you in my hand and we could just look at everybody. I felt so calm, so relaxed, and we then we got up to the stage and people did not know, not everybody really knew that we were going to get married again, that we were going to make it official here in Austin. That was really interesting. People thought, many thought we were just going to.
Speaker 2: Be I think we should know. That's because we changed our minds. Yes, we What we had always planned on was doing actually a ceremony in Napa and a kind of a reception here in Austin, which I've heard of other people doing before. But when we started, when I made the website, because I may hit the websites for both events, I put that on there. And here's what I learned. Just like people don't really read invitations, they don't really read wedding websites. So I was getting text from people saying, can't wait for the wedding in Austin. And then what do you do. You have to text people and say, oh, no, sorry, you're not invited to the wedding. This is a party. But there was that, but then it also became I think we did start feeling like, you know, A, we wanted to get married legally in Austin because we've made our home here, and B we want why not share the love and make sure that those people who were saying they wanted to see us get married get to see us get married.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it was again that's how I felt too, about wanting to profess my love, say our vows. You know, have our efficiant Mike Levitt, who also presided over this. I mean we had to pay him a double rate to have Mike Levitt, our dear friend came up. And so what I did is so is joking, No I am, I'm joking. So, as I said, this was very non traditional, Laura and I walked in, took the stage, and we hosted our own wedding. We grabbed the mic and we just we raised, you know, a glass. We said, hey, we're really happy everybody's here. We're honored by your presence. This was going to be just a party, but if you guys don't mind, we actually wanted to make it official right here, right now, we are going to get married. We brought up our friend Mike Levitt, and we went right in, hid the microphones and went right into a wedding.
Speaker 2: He had a short and slightly different version.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Of Napa. We had slightly shorter versions of our vows.
Speaker 1: Yes, different and a little different yeah, which was.
Speaker 2: Cool because I think that saved something really special in Napa. And then but everyone was so complimentary of the vowel I know.
Speaker 1: And by the way we wrote them. We wrote our own vowels. Someone had asked, and I was like, well, yeah, who else would write your vows?
Speaker 2: Oh? I think they mean versus saying like the traditional do you take her? Do you take care? Oh?
Speaker 1: We did both. Yeah, we set our vowels via the typical wedding tradition, but then we wrote our own vowels and sent them to each other. I guess I could say one part about the vowels. I mean it was very public that it was funny to me. I kind of started my vows by saying, the irony is not lost on me of standing before so many people that I have either married forced to write their vowels, perform their vowels, or just do ridiculous things on national television, and now here I am going through the same exercise. So the irony was not lost on me. That I was doing this in front of all my bachelor family, which was really it was beautiful, funny and a great moment.
Speaker 2: You were the one in the vulnerable position for one.
Speaker 1: Exactly cute it and it felt good. It felt it felt scary, but it felt good. And so we went through our regular ceremony a little shortened and we and.
Speaker 2: It was so cool to have everybody. So we had everyone stand up for the aisle as we walked in. And then when we we, like Chris said, we took the mic and we said okay, gather in and come in. Everybody and everyone was standing and literally just gathered around this lab from it. So it felt so close. Like I looked, I saw Caitlyn smiling at it, I says a tryst. I saw some of my friends from ET, I saw our families, and you had an excellent idea as well. Two weddings we advocate for two weddings in Napa. Just it was like the you know, your family sits on your side.
Speaker 1: It was kind of the bride side in the groom side.
Speaker 2: So what that meant though, was that as we were doing our vows, I was staring at Chris's kids, and Chris was staring at my mom and siblings. Now, that was amazing because you're kind of seeing the family you're marrying into. But then we thought, in Austin, let's switch it so that we can look at our own family spaces. So that was magical because we got to see our own families during the vows, and I could see my brother tearing up and oh my gosh, it was so awesome.
Speaker 1: And I was, yeah, I was looking at Joshi and Taylor and yeah, that was it just got me. Listening to your vowels and then looking at them.
Speaker 2: Did you feel like it was any Was it still a blur this time or did you hear no?
Speaker 1: I felt like on the second yeah, the second read no. I in Austin, everything about it slowed down for me and I finally, I think the adrenaline wasn't as high and intense in my body and I just because we had walked in together and it was just so much more relaxed that I really got to hear everything. I looked out at the crowd and I got to see people's faces as again, it was so intimate. Everyone crushed up on this near the stage. I could really see everybody and feel the love and see my kids, see you. I could hear your vows and really feel him this time. I even asked you if things if certain things were different. You said no, I know.
Speaker 2: He said, did you change your vows? I said no, and he said, well maybe I just wasn't was out of.
Speaker 1: Body not yeah, And so I really I really got to breathe in this.
Speaker 2: My vows are pretty great.
Speaker 1: Thought you crushed it. Honestly. Honestly, if I was, if I was going to not that we should, but if I was going to rank them, you crushed me. I wanted to outdo you in that department and out love you, but you crushed like your your your No, your vowels were spectacular. Mine were good. I'm not gonna lie mine. We're good. Yours were spectacular.
Speaker 2: No, maybe you's were so good. And he cried again.
Speaker 1: And I thought, that's one thing I thought I was going to get through. I was going to say this. I thought I was going to get through. I'm like, okay, look I've been here, done this three weeks ago. I got this. Ah damn it.
Speaker 2: Well everyone was, But you know what, I think people love. One thing I love about going to weddings is sharing the emotion is feeling like you get a window into the couple. And so many people came up to us and said that they really felt that they understood more of our relationship from the vows.
Speaker 1: It like yeah, And I overheard some people talking about out how they felt it was not a production and they felt it was just real and heartfelt and that they saw a side of us that they weren't expecting to see. And that made me feel really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I should. We should note about Austin. One rule we had in Napa, these have to be our closest friends. In Austin, we knew mostly everybody. A couple of people brought like plus ones who we didn't know, so it was definitely a bigger party. I think the people you overheard, we literally hadn't met them, so they're like, they were like, oh, they're not like TV people.
Speaker 1: Can we should we just tell the dirt of how we heard. I think it's a good story. I'm just gonna spill a little tea here. So after the ceremony, Lauren is in her wedding dress. I'm in my suit. Well, the whole point of this was cowboy chic. We wanted everybody to be in their cowboy boots and jeans and you know, dress up. And obviously we had decided to get married again. So she's in her wedding dress and I'm in my suits, so that's not going to work. We had outfits picked out for the cowboy chic party. So that's what we did. We got married, and the funny thing is there was no recessional. We didn't march off the stage and you know, get in the car and leave or go to the reception. This was it. So as soon as we kissed and kind of sealed the deal, we then picked up the microphones and started hosting again and introduced our first dance. And I will get back to our first dance, but I want to tell you as soon as our first dance was over, we went to go change, and so we went to the bridal suite. There was this little room there at the Ranch Austin where we had this event where we got married, and we go into the bridal suite, well, the bridal suite that we were changing. So Louren's getting out of her dress and getting into another dress and her frilly boots, and then it was just spectacular and I changed into my cowboy jeans and my Takova alligator boots, and I had this beautiful velvet jacket from Ken'sman's Shop. I kept my shirt on, but I put on this beautiful velvet jacket. It almost looked like a tucks jacket. Very petible, very sexy, if I do say so myself. But the funny thing is is we're changing. We hear these people talking and you could really hear. I mean, it was as if they were in the room with this, and we thought, oh no, we are right next door to the lady's room, to the women's bathroom. So all the women were going in there and kind of gossiping about what they had just seen. And I thought, oh, this could really ruin our night if they're about to trash us, tell us how horrible we are, how ugly we looked, and how bad this wedding was. I'm like, I almost said, please stop talking, don't say anything bad. We can hear you. But instead of that, we heard the most amazing compliments and they couldn't have been lovelier, and it absolutely Laura and I just looked at each other and smiled, and it was a really cool moment to share that we were not expecting and sorry for eavesdropping on the women in the ladies room. Typically we would not do that, but the geog this place kind of set us up for that.
Speaker 2: And now I hope they reach out. And we didn't find out who they were was because we were listening and we're like, we don't know these voices. Okay, So our first dance, yes, this was the first dance of my dreams. Oh wow, the emotions are still I So Chris and I have been fortunate enough to get to know this up and coming, incredibly talented country crooner of a singer, William Beckman. His voice is like if Elvis and Frank Sinatra had a baby and that baby went country. He's so talented. So check out William Beckman. And we asked him if you would play a few songs at our wedding, and he even had a show that night and said, I will make it happen. I will come to your party first do the song is leave right away. I hope he made it to a show. And oh, babe, I just want to sorry, so what I really wanted And I was afraid to ask you this actually because you know I've lost my dad, and I know I've talked about that a lot on the podcast and sometimes On the one hand, of course, I wish my dad was here. He deserves to be here. It it is a fair damn that he's not here. I'm so tired. But I also understand that there's a delicate balance, and people who've been through loss know this of when you can bring up like you don't want to be afraid or ashamed to bring up the person you lost. You shouldn't be. But I also don't want to, Like you know, you have to watch the mood you don't want to. It's our first dance. I wanted to be romantic for us, and I did it. I want you to feel like I was making our first dance about my dad and about that instead of about you and I, because our weddings about you and I. But I just really appreciate it. I said to Chris, I would love if William could sing, because William does a lot of old song covers, Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and that kind of thing. I said, I would love if he could sing my dad and my favorite song, which was Summer Wind by Frank Sinatra, and you jumped on board with that so quickly supported it right away, didn't question me on it at all. In fact, you reached out and coordinated everything with William and made sure William would introduce and explain the meaning of the song so it wouldn't be me, because then I would have been crying like this. And so that was our first dance song in Austin, and it was so meaningful and actually we're just starting to get the pictures back yet it Oh my gosh, everyone was crying. Catherine as you need. She is like, there's this picture of her in here. She's so sweet.
Speaker 1: Plan on how it ended up, which was then there was this kind of semi circle that just formed around us, and again you could just feel so much energy and it's something. Again, we didn't have a wedding planer, We didn't rehearse this. It just this just happened naturally. People kind of came forward to the stage and gave us a little area to dance and we danced to Frank Sinatra and William God, what a voice. I mean, it's just dripping with honey. This kid is spectacular from Del Rio, Texas. He has it all. And then after summer wind. He sang two other songs, but one of them the third song. He sang three songs for us. He sings this song in Spanish, beauvaire. Laura and I have probably seen him half a dozen times and gotten to know him and consider him a friend. I don't think once have we ever seen him, whether it's you know, at Red Rocks, at the Saxon Pub here in Austin, or you know at their wedding where you don't cry when he sings vote in Spanish.
Speaker 2: It's amazing. So thank you to William.
Speaker 1: Yeah, God bless your brother. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: That's how we started the night. A little emotional but some incredible talent. And then we took the mic no, no, no. Then we took the mic yes, and Chris made another my dreams come true. I said, we want people to know this is a party. They're going to be a little emotional after William. I want to have that moment, but you want to make it clear it's a party. Let's kick the night off. Instead of a champagne toast, let's do a tequila shot. So Chris and I announced that the buffet was going to open up, and we did a tequila shot together, and Chris Harrison is not a shot doer.
Speaker 1: I am not a big shot doer. I will but but I'm not a big shot.
Speaker 2: But we do love this tequila see Emprey Tequila. We had all of our signature cocktails by see Emprey Tequila all night. It's so delishous and so affordable, by the way, my all time favorite, affordable, delicious tequila.
Speaker 1: No additives, all natural. Damn it's good tequila. Thank you, Sam Prey.
Speaker 2: So Chris wed a tequila shot with me on stage. Then we went to change eaves, dropped on some people. I put on my very Oh I loved my dress by the way, by Justin Alexander. It's called the Share dress. And what was amazing was Elon Gail's fiance Molly Quinn, came up to me and said, oh my god, you're channeling Share. I said, oh wow, Mollie, what a compliment. Thank you. Can't wait for their whenever they're going to get married. So put on this Justin Alexander dress. It's so cute. It was that cowboy vibe and I've put on my first ever pair of cowgirl boots.
Speaker 1: I was so good. They looked so hot. They little, as I said, they kind of the frills. The friend I was saving the moment I didn't. I wanted to wear boots for the first time at our wedding.
Speaker 2: I love that and Exluckily they didn't give me blisters.
Speaker 1: And so we introduced everybody via the Seamprey tequila shot. And then it was time for the food. And that was really important to me in Austin as important as it was in Napa. And this was a very formal wine dinner. I wanted Texas. I wanted everyone to get a taste of Texas. And if you look at everybody's social media posts, you saw that we were at the Ranch Austin, which is a great venue.
Speaker 2: Ranch Austin wedding venue. You can't recommend it enough. Chris and Melissa, who own it, I said, I love a Chris. They were such a sweet couple. They actually had longhorn cattle. Did we say this yet?
Speaker 1: No. I was about to say, you know one thing, this is a working ranch. So there were real steers out there, longhorns with I mean beautiful long horns. The spread on these horns about thirteen feet wide. They had donkeys out there and so it was funny all the La folks.
Speaker 2: We really wanted to give those Californians a real taste in Texas. And what Chris at Ranch Austin does is he uses sugar cubes and brings the long horn over so everybody can take pictures with them. And it's a beautiful setting and people really have a theme.
Speaker 1: Everybody was posting pictures of the steer. It was really cool. And so we also wanted them to well, ironically enough, taste that as well and eat barbecue. So we really wanted a Texas Barbecue special and all I.
Speaker 2: Loved to the vegetarians out there, Sorry.
Speaker 1: This was not for the faint of heart. Sorry vegans, but you can't do fondue barbecue. But a good friend of mine and now a good friend of ours, Cameron True and this might seem odd, but Cameron is actually in from Provo, Utah. He owns Bambam's Barbecue in Provo, Utah. If you're anywhere near provol Provo, Utah, Salt Lake City, Park City, get down there, go to Bambam's. Ask for my boy Cameron Spectacular. I met him about twelve years ago here in Austin on a barbecue tour. Yes, I would go on barbecue tours. I was with some friends. Cameron was there working at Law Barbecue. He was at a food truck and I met him. We just became friends. I tell you.
Speaker 2: He told me the story of what he yelled at you from across the room, which is amazing and I'm wondering if a fan has ever yelled anything better. Do you remember this?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Oh, my gosh me. So he loved the show, which is how you first.
Speaker 1: Met, because he was in the food truck.
Speaker 2: Said he yelled at you barn my language. But he yelled Chris Harrison. I think loved The Bachelor and I'm the biggest because he's like six foot sex here. He said, I love The Bachelor and I'm the biggest duty her. So if anybody says anything to you, just come get me and I'll kick their ass.
Speaker 1: So I remember him yelling at what was weird? So, you know true barbecue places in Austin, you got to get there early, you get in line. This food truck had a line. I'm about twenty deep, and we kind of wound around so he could see me from the window. So the awkward part was that he yelled at and then of course all eyes just turned to me, and I'm like, he.
Speaker 2: Kind of defeated the purpose of protecting you from any of you weird fans.
Speaker 1: So much for being on the dalla. So Cameron true whipped up brisket, smoked turkey, pulled pork. We had thanks to Law barbecue here in Austin that gave us the mac and cheese.
Speaker 2: Petap love that ma. They loved aushtit.
Speaker 1: He made banana pudding, so people went back for seconds, third, fourth. They crushed the barbecue.
Speaker 2: The barbecue was amazing. I again, was a real barbecue. I got bamboo eco friendly disposable plates bottom ourselves, and well, I just we didn't have cutlery like we had these bamboo plates. We had, you know, just dinner napkins and dinner rolls. And I loved it, and everyone loved the food. I did make the mistake. I didn't do this in Napa. I didn't have one bite of the food.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: Well, good for you man.
Speaker 1: We go and we brought some home. We did have left.
Speaker 2: I was talking to too many people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was funny. You had a plate of food you were carrying around for a little bit and you're like.
Speaker 2: This is this No, I know it was that someone walked by it with me. I had one bite off of it. I mean, so I guess I had literally one bite. But I'm shocked. I wasn't hungover because I did so many Sam Frey tequila shots because people keep bringing them to you, and I literally didn't even eything.
Speaker 1: And we kind of went our separate ways a little bit. We started seeing everybody. We tried to really, this is the tough thing about a big, big wedding, and that's why you got to do too. It's tough to see everybody. We wanted to walk by every table, and there.
Speaker 2: Was a lot of the night when we were apart in Austin and so dividing and congering.
Speaker 1: Everybody sat. Nate had a kind of a calm forty five minutes while we ate dinner. Then it was time for the little wedding band and they brought the house down. They kill it. They just play the bangers. They let us kind of coordinate with them.
Speaker 2: We had a lot of Blink one eighty two, We had eighties music that they played. They're not so much like horns. Their guitars and drums and more so like you're going to see live music versus a wedding.
Speaker 1: There's not a song you can't sing along to at the top of your lungs. And when you see pictures of us and you see how ridiculous we.
Speaker 2: They go above and beyond. I mean, I said this on the other podcast. I was so sweaty. I danced for two hours straight. I didn't stop. I literally did not sit in a chair once all night. I should have. I had those cute two strands, the two strands of hair look that you do in front of a ponytail. That was a mistake because they were just sweaty worms down my head.
Speaker 1: So and a shout out to some other friends because look the people we've talked about them, they were not shy. They hit the dance floor.
Speaker 2: Oh, I rocked out too. I'm gonna give it something I love about the Bachelor girls. They are swifties with me, broke out, Becca, Sarah.
Speaker 1: Heren, Christa was right there, Lauren.
Speaker 2: Lyondyke, Tasha We I think it was love story, yeah, and we were just crushing it. I was so happy all I I have so much of the happiness for me from a party comes from dancing, and everybody was on the dance floor. The little wedding band let us come up on stage with them so many times. And when I looked out and saw everyone, the dance floor was completely full, I thought, this is my dream.
Speaker 1: And you know, the Bachelor people, kudos to them. They were so much fun and had a great time.
Speaker 2: Let me pause for a second. Do you think Ben Higgins's dance moves are good?
Speaker 1: It's not like Ben's dancing and he feels it. Here's the good thing about Ben, and God love him. He is unabashedly Ben Higgins. This is what you know. What you see is what you get with Ben. I adore him. I love him like a brother.
Speaker 2: Our producer Kendall, I'm gonna call her out because she knows Ben. She just chimed in via chat and said they are terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his dancer, and I think now he leans into him because he knows how bad they are. I know.
Speaker 2: I always say I would rather be with somebody who's a bad dancer but dances than someone who just doesn't dance. He's tall, so that's hard for him. Maybe I don't.
Speaker 1: They're not great, and it was great justin Turner and Courtney Turner justin now playing with the Boston Red Sox, but we got to know him when he was a Los Angeles Dodger.
Speaker 2: Wonderful, incredible, probably lost on me. The level of his fame as a golf for Sergio Garcia is there.
Speaker 1: He is a major champion, he is a Master's champion. Yes, Sergio Garcio.
Speaker 2: Lovely wife Angela, And you know what I loved by the way everybody again brought it so much with the outphas. Angela said to me, Sergio has never worn a cowboy had he put it on for this event for the first time?
Speaker 1: You look? I told him, I said, dude, what about a Spanish Capairo. It's not like it's part of your culture as well. But they live here in Austin. We've become friends with them. I love Sergio such a good guy. I almost and I don't know if any you know, any outsider's wedding has ever had this. I almost had two Masters champions because Ben and Julie Crenshaw were also invited. Ben Crenshaw a legend obviously in a Master's champ but sent us a beautiful gift that I will be posting because it was one of the greatest wedding gifts I've ever received.
Speaker 2: But uh, Sergeant Gift, were you happier about the watch I gave you? No?
Speaker 1: The Omega watch you gave me from.
Speaker 2: Mkay Because Ben Crenshaw sent something from Christen and arrived wrapped in like the Augusta National Golf Club like paper.
Speaker 1: Crenshaw sent me a gift from Augusta.
Speaker 2: I felt it was like watching a little kid on.
Speaker 1: Christmas morning and it came with a card from Augusta National. It's like it was. It was very, very very special. And so there were some you know, some other.
Speaker 2: Who do you think is the best dance moves in Bachelor Nation or even of any of our wedding games.
Speaker 1: You know, guys, I'm probably gonna go Bob Guiney. Bob Guinny because.
Speaker 2: You know, and it used to being a man rhythm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cheating a little bit. You know. If Andrew Firestone, we're there because we danced with Andrew at the Private Way.
Speaker 2: Andrew Firestone does not have good dance.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna say Bob Guiney. That's why I was saying, Andrew puts the energy out there, but Bob Guiney is legit Andrew.
Speaker 2: Andrew's doing the robot, but Bob's really dancing ladies.
Speaker 1: Man, I don't know who crushed it the most.
Speaker 2: Sarah Hyland was out there. Oh my god, Sarah did not stop either. Thank you, Sarah. You know you guys know we love Sarah and Wells. They always bring the party. And Sarah Hyland is in like so many of the pictures, just dancing so hard.
Speaker 1: I really to say about Sarah, I'll out her on this if you think someone like that is going to be like upp aty Hollywood and shy. Uh huh. She was out there mixing it, talks with everybody, talks to everybody.
Speaker 2: She is everybody. And all the Bachelor crew did there. You know, they're just wonderful people. Jojo dancing hard too. You know it was great everybody.
Speaker 1: Which Garry Patterson, former TCU legend, he was there. Appreciate him and uh maybe two of the most important people. Our lawyers were there. Shout out to Brian Friedman, who may have paid for that wedding. We appreciate you, pal.
Speaker 2: Wait did you make that joke too? I went up to and I said he was so cute. I mean, he's the sweetest man and the best attorney. And I said, Brian, we're so happy to be here and we probably maybe we couldn't have paid for this wedding without you, you know, we speaking of I think for some reason, we're always drama potential aware. Yeah we have Brian was your lawyer. He is your lawyer, but that was for sort of a period of time. We have another attorney and we put them at the same table. But we texted them both just to say, hey, like, do you guys know each other? We didn't know. You know, I don't know about lawyer drama. Maybe they've gone up against each other in court. But luckily they were good to go.
Speaker 1: And so we danced into the wee hours of the night. Again. The theme was they finally had to shut it down.
Speaker 2: There was you know, I guess, like any wedding, there was some raucous drama and I like when the guests all those stories keep petering in. There was one guy who we had a guest who got thrown out of a bathroom for smoking weed.
Speaker 1: Oh really, yes, we did hear that.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, breaking the news to you now. Yeah, the staff asked him to please. I don't know why he wasn't just outside, we were on a ranch.
Speaker 1: I can I give you another shout out. Here's what I love about Lauren about people attending our wedding. If you've been following her on social media, you know she is an Orange theorist. She loves Orange Theory. I do love and she goes there so often. She invited our Orange Theory coaches.
Speaker 2: I invited to both of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Montana and Sean came to our wedding. We had our Orange Theory coaches.
Speaker 2: I love them. I see them every day.
Speaker 1: This is Lauren Zema. If you come into her life, be careful. You are in our lives. You are family with us.
Speaker 2: I adore them. I see them every day. They're so supportive. Sean loves Harry Potter too.
Speaker 1: And Sean responsible for your wedding body.
Speaker 2: I mean, yes, well, thank you to Orange Theory and Sean.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you to Orange Theory.
Speaker 2: Sean danced with my mom. It was very soon good.
Speaker 1: Your mom loves him.
Speaker 2: He's about six six five four, so it was very cute.
Speaker 1: And then maybe the best moment of the night. At the end of the night, we had one more sh wait.
Speaker 2: Wow, I don't know where you're going with this, we had.
Speaker 1: One more surprise for everybody. The truck rolled up. Oh well, this is just fun. Tifts Treats who we love. If you've seen us post about this too, Tifts Treats they deliver like warm cookies to your door with milk. We reached out and they said, we are gonna send the truck. They sent the TIFFs Treats truck. So as everybody was leaving and heading back to their cars or getting in the vans that we sent and the buses. So everybody get home safely and nobody drove. You got a warm chocolate chip cookie or double chocolate cookie and cold milk.
Speaker 2: What better way to end the night than by taking home a warm chocolate chip cookie.
Speaker 1: Lost it.
Speaker 2: Another great part of the night the photo booth. Listen, I did know, you know, we have some people this wedding and like a good photo. We had to get the glam photo booth. So thank you to Oh Happy Day Photo booth for making everybody look beautiful. I said, I want that one where it's like black and white and the lighting is amazing and everybody looks press.
Speaker 1: I ask a question, Yeah, so whose idea was it? Not? Not the photo booth, but whose idea was it to print out an extra photo and that was our wedding book. So everybody got a photo of themselves in the photo booth, but then another picture would print out and you taped it into our book, and then everybody sign next to us.
Speaker 2: It was so awesome.
Speaker 1: I have no idea where that idea came from either.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was your wonderful assistant Karen. Maybe it's o happy photo booth, but that I don't think there's a better guest book because you have a picture to remember who wrote everything in case you're not friends with them In twenty years.
Speaker 1: I ended up jumping into a bunch of the photos with it was really.
Speaker 2: Maybe you jumped into photos. I can't believe it. You know what he tell me, you know, he told me this morning, guys, we're going, and we're now. We've been holding off all day Sunday. We did not post anything. We just shared People magazines breaking news story about the wedding, and thank you to People magazine for the beautiful coverage. They did a great job of sharing our wedding for the first time.
Speaker 1: Thank you for the solid journalism. That's something that means they.
Speaker 2: Really checked it with me a lot, and I really appreciated it. So then we we on Sunday, we had a family and friends brunch and I don't want to get ahead at myself, but we don't even need to get into that because it was just we were so exhausted, but it was great to see everyone. But so Sunday we didn't post anything. We go to post stuff on Monday, which is when we're filming this, and Chris tells me, oh, yeah, well, I got to look through all my selfies. I'm like, I'm sorry. He's like, yeah, I took a bunch of selfies with everybody all night. I said I didn't. I was on the dance floor starting the party. Oh I so we's got all these great photos.
Speaker 1: But you know here's the thing. I didn't even have my phone in Napa. It was totally off limits. I didn't touch it, I didn't look at it. I just wanted to be one hundred percent present, and I knew people were videoing and taking pictures, but again the casual nature of wedding number two, I just I kept my phone on me, and all of a sudden, we just start popping some selfies. That's good, and I had friends there.
Speaker 2: You know, though, I probably in your defense, I would have taken more photos. The dress I was wearing didn't have a pocket. My wedding dress, my bigger ceremony dress had a pocket, so my phone all night love a dress with pockets.
Speaker 1: And Austin was great because I had friends there from high school, actually from grade school. You probably my oldest friend. You know, Brett and I have been friends since twelve years old. So my extended family cousins. You had extended family there. Again, the circle was big. It wasn't just Bachtero Nation people or major champions. It was this great blending of our new friends here in Austin are our neighborhood crew here that came and so it just it again. The atmosphere was perfect. Everybody just had a great time.
Speaker 2: We had such a great time that we were supposed to be done by eleven. We didn't.
Speaker 1: We got home at two.
Speaker 2: Well, we did not stop dancing until almost midnight. I actually was worried. I was relieved the next day because people told me, oh, no, I took the shuttle home. We had shuttles back to the hotels, but we were so late. I didn't know if people made it on the shuttles, some people didn't, some people had to get ubers, and uh, you know, I'll bring it back around and say, maybe it was the full circle moment of their healing journey. As we were walking out, Caitlin and Jason were there waiting for a uber together. Yeah, although I don't think the uber together. Trista was there too, but they were waiting together and talking and that made me happy.
Speaker 1: And again so it just it was a beautiful, cathartic, lovely event. And then start de finished and the.
Speaker 2: Bachelor folks held on. I think Jojo was there waiting for an uber. Nobody left early and that made me so happy. Everybody at the wedding was there till the end.
Speaker 1: Standing by my truck at the end of the night was Trista, Jojo and there was who else. There's one other I got And I should have taken a picture of this because we had one bottle of champagne left and so we're in the parking lot. We popped the bottle of champagne. We had TIFs treats cookies, and we were the four of us were just passing around a bottle of champagne.
Speaker 2: Where was I.
Speaker 1: You walked up and you wouldn't you? You kind of just I think I knew I was done. But we were just passing around the bottle, drinking straight from the bottle, eating cookies. And that's how the night ended. Was was with them, and you know, Trista would grabbed the bottle Jojo and we were just laughing and sharing stories and they were the last ones in the parking lot with me at two in the morning. We were just talking about the night and just talking about dancing and you know, and then reminiscing. And you know, Jordan unfortunately couldn't be there with Jojo because he's knee deep in football season. He's doing amazing coverage. Good job, Jordan, so he couldn't be there. So Jojo was solo along with Trista, so they were kind of hanging out. But it was just a cool way to end the night of you know, the bloom was off the roads, so to speak, and we were just kind of drinking straight from the bottle and having a great time.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the bloom being off the rose. Yes, let's out ourselves and see how we really ended the night. Chris Harrison and I cleaned.
Speaker 1: Up our own wedding we did.
Speaker 2: We went back in there, him in his suit, me and my dress and my boots, and we were putting flowers in the truck and and we were helping clear off the tables, and we had the kids were there helping us, My family was there helping us. This was a listen we wanted. I don't know's I'm a Midwestern and I wanted.
Speaker 1: To the left over alcohol. And by the way, not much of it, because the Peiju champagne went very quickly, as did the Catherine Hall wine. Our thanks to Catherine Hall and the crew over there at Hall who have been very good friends of ours, provided.
Speaker 2: The wine and great wine.
Speaker 1: And oh, everybody's like, are you kidding me? We're drinking Jack's masterpiece Haull Wines rich or wedding, Like what is.
Speaker 2: This Chris wine? Even in Austin, even though we had now, but he had to have good wine.
Speaker 1: My rule still applies, no matter even if it's a big event. Life's too short to drink crappy wine. So we were piling stuff in the back of my truck, all the flowers and all that stuff had to come home. But and then we we left as we came in my truck together.
Speaker 2: You know what else, Slave's too short for to not have a happy marriage.
Speaker 1: I love you.
Speaker 2: I love you too, and I could feel more confident, at peace, happy, overjoyed. It's so it's sort of weird to do these podcasts because I feel like in these episodes, I told Chris, I feel nervous. We're just going to be going on and on about ourselves for a while. But part of the reason we wanted to do this is we really wanted to share with you all just how grateful and happy we are, and to thank you for being supportive of our love story as you have been for the last five years, and now it's only just beginning. So I'm everything went so perfect in Napa and in Austin. I don't even really I feel so lucky. I don't know what I did to deserve these two beautiful experiences where nothing went wrong. I'm so grateful. But most importantly, and this is the rule I continue to go by, I would have married you in that back Ali where we were loading stuff into your pickup truck. I would have married you anywhere. But I'm so grateful that we had the weddings that we did.
Speaker 1: I love you and nothing more need be said than that. That's what we will end on. We love you all, Thank you for your support, thank you for being with us. We are going to have one more wedding episode and it's your questions. What did you want to know about all of our weddings and the celebrations, So stick around. That'll be coming up in a future episode. But until then, I'll talk to you next time because we have a lot more to talk about. Thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at the most Dramatic pod ever and make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. I'll talk to you next time.