Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, this is Matt letting you know that Lost Culturistas merch is finally here. Go to Cottonborough dot com to find all the Lost Culturista's T shirts and sweatshirts you could possibly want. We have Katie, Finalist, Reader and Publicist t shirts as well as some Lost Culturista sweatshirts with me and bo on them. You gotta go to Cottonborough dot com to find all of it. Search for Lost Culturistas and also find the link in the description of this episode. All right, get to purchase in.
Speaker 2: Look Mare, Oh, I see you my own look over there is that culture?
Speaker 3: Yes, Wow, Lost cult Ding.
Speaker 2: Dong Lost culturisas calling wow, the first ever flop off.
Speaker 3: Of Ding do Wait where did your brain go? Queen On? I just full transparency. Matt and I had a beautiful pre role as in pre recording conversation front convo, not for you girls, not for you girls to hear some things we keep sacred private, sacred dreams, and I just was kind of ricocheting into lost culture.
Speaker 1: Mode, you know, And then so we started to say lost, that's the first time we ever haven't done a ding.
Speaker 3: In the past. Have we been a couple of times, and I think we just immediately choose to erase it from remember. But it's like, I think that's do you.
Speaker 1: Think it's that thing of like so you know, it's like when you do something a million times then it's hard to keep fresh. Like one thing that's been popping up on the pod is we've been starting ding dong very high, yes, and now it's like we barely even did ding dong.
Speaker 3: Well. I think it's because our past couple of days have involved live music, a long dancing, jumping up and down, drinking.
Speaker 1: Wine, drinking wine, beer, sometimes canned Gin and tonics. Can I say, we're in London, Gin and Tonic culture.
Speaker 3: It's alive, It's alive, It's all over Europe.
Speaker 2: Honey, it's the most popular cocktail. It's actually really Culture number nine is the most popular cocktail in.
Speaker 3: London, London. But like Gin is like huge in Gin is in in Iceland. When we went to Iceland, it was just like, this is a Gin country, it's a Gin town.
Speaker 1: Well you know what my mother used to say. She's of course most famous for saying Dan bird. But when I was in high school and I was like, she got the sense that I was starting to drink. She was like, I don't want you drinking Gin. And I was like what, And I was like, where the funk would I find gin? And she turned to me and she said, without a lot of irony at all, I think some but she goes gin is sin.
Speaker 2: Jin is sin.
Speaker 3: I don't disagree, which like she.
Speaker 2: Is like some sort of like Carrie's mother or something. Then oh my god, and she's true, because then I did. Of course, when you give a mouse a cookie, when you would.
Speaker 1: Tantalize a mouse with gin, it's gonna want to sin, It's want to send. And so then I started getting into Gin and I would say, I've had some of my those sinful moments while drinking Gin.
Speaker 3: Lately, I have had sinful moments. I've had sleepless moments, sleepless I think the other week I had a Gin drink before bed and then I couldn't sleep. And I was like, damn, is.
Speaker 2: That why I've been because last night too I could not sleep at all.
Speaker 3: What's going on, Mama?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Well, I think it's the jet lag.
Speaker 1: Famously, when you sort of travel to in a country, that's something that's a risk you're on.
Speaker 3: But I have not been able to sleep. Have you been sleeping? Sleeping just fine, actually soundful, but it's taken me. I've been here long enough where I've adjusted, and you might be leaving just as you feel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you fully Well, I'm going back to LA tomorrow, which is going to be a twelve point five hour flight, so I'm enough.
Speaker 2: Of course, watch at least ten episodes of Vander Pump Role.
Speaker 3: Now you and I are approaching VPR. Let's just get into it. Let's get into it.
Speaker 1: And I bet you didn't think that, with everything we've gone through the past two weeks, that we'd start with Vander Pumper role's But that is cultural.
Speaker 3: Impact right there, impact right there. First of all, the counterpoint to Jennison is Jennison, by the ways, not so Jennison Boos. And I will say that you and I are taking two different approaches to vander Pump consuming vander Pump. Yeah, I am doing the abridged syllabus. Yes, that was posted by Brahmas Instagram and whoever curated that, well done, really good job, perfect adjust the right amount of context, you get the exact right information. It's very important that you watch the Miami Girl episode. It's very important that you watch Sheinache's wedding. It's all happening in part one. We did not. It was part one at the time, but was part tragic. And so I'm slowly crawling along. I'm not all the way cut up, but I did go ahead and watch the hashtag Scandabal episodes last episode of season ten, and of course the two parts of the fin and the.
Speaker 1: Way I've gone about it is I just sort of jumped in this season and watched all of this season and then have gone back.
Speaker 2: And sort of start from watching them from the beginning.
Speaker 1: Yes, so we both sort of caught up on the reunion in different ways. Yes, in different ways in terms of how to talk about the Scandaval and rander Hump rules were very much there.
Speaker 3: Obviously, some of you Katie's reader's publicists finalists out there has been with the other pot complete ASTs have been along with the ride since day one. We salute you Soldiers, Soldiers, and talking to one such person, Adie Bryant, the other day, she said, I've been watching every single episode. I can't believe this is how it's all paid off. Because she was watching me and being like, why am I watching this? Yeah, and now this year she's finally like, this is why, and that's why you stick with things. Yes, do you hear me?
Speaker 1: I want Katie, stop fell over the car, put the baby down. This is why you stick with things. Okay, if you're having any doubts about anything you're doing in your life, stick with it. There's a scandaval at the end of the rainbow. Okay, there really is. This is a rule of culture number thirty. Whatever you're doing, stick with it because there's a scandaval at the end of the rainbow period.
Speaker 2: Can I pick the baby up?
Speaker 3: Katie?
Speaker 2: You have mothering to.
Speaker 3: Do, mother to do and we are over here daddering because we are being young girls consuming this show. Now talk about you're in the middle season two. I'm in the middle of season two.
Speaker 1: So basically it's just come to light that it seems like Jackson Kristen fucked yes, and of course we find out they did. I've not met a young DJ James Kennedy in the show yet. He comes in and sort of picks Kristen up, where Tom sand of all drops her. Ariana has come in as sort of I don't know how to describe it. But the coolest bartender in the world. Can I say as a person who came up in restaurants about this show is crucial to me because it is such an accurate representation of career bartenders and waitresses.
Speaker 2: And I'm sorry, that's.
Speaker 1: Sort of the vibe, all getting sort of into it together and being all in each other's shit. I remember there was a time in my life where I was like, I have to stop hanging out with everyone at this restaurant. How can you because it will get you. It's very hard because you're all in each other's lives. But I know what it is restaurant culture to take over your personal life. And they allowed that to happen, and of course it's beautiful for us. And also they got in a reality television show where they had to continue it. But this is what happens when you make restaurant life your whole life. It is incestuous and it is perfect TV. This is a perfect reality television show.
Speaker 3: And would you say that there's a missing element from your experience of like, there's no chef interaction, there's no kitchen interact.
Speaker 1: This is where we have a missing area, Because I say, because going into the kitchen and the drama between chefs and waitresses, to say nothing of food runners. To say nothing of food runners because let me tell you people, yeah, bust people. And you do see some bussers and James Kennedy comes in it as a busser and I'm excited for that element because the power structure.
Speaker 3: You see.
Speaker 1: What I love is we get true manager drama Peter Peter and also restaurant owner drama Lisa vander Pump. I didn't know there was the dimension, but she really comes in. And what I love about Lisa vander Pump is it's so consistently this I don't care get back to work perfect it is get back to work culture. She's like, what's going on? If it's a table, I care. If it's something with Jacks, I don't care. But it's always something with Jacks.
Speaker 3: It's always something with Jacks. But then it comes to a head with Kristen in season.
Speaker 2: Three four, Oh I cannot wait.
Speaker 3: You'll see. You'll see it's so inspiring and wonderful. You see LVPB like you haven't gone back to work. It's told you to get back to work so many times and you have not obeyed.
Speaker 2: Me. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 3: You've disobeyed me.
Speaker 1: Lisa vander Pump is, you've disobeyed me culture. And that's where the coach number fifty Lisa vander Pump is, you've disobeyed me culture. So flashing forward, I know the bullet points, you know the bullet points. We're now in the second part of the vander Pump Rules Reunion, and I have to say, not only is everyone involved in the central Triangle giving perfect reality television, Sena Gena say, Brava holding that white claw in that it's all it's really all happening, sweatshirt over her gown, scowling at the television because of a restraining order from the demon Roquel demon who we have thoughts about.
Speaker 3: Bowen is positive and that we maybe we need to lay off. No, no, no, it's not that. It's not exactly a Devil's advocate.
Speaker 2: I think this is a good point.
Speaker 3: But I was talking to some friends sidebarring with some other friends, and I'm just gonna say it. Yeah, I don't think they would mind me saying this, which is one of my catchphrases. As the readers are pointed out, yes, I don't think they would mind me saying this, but Cecily and Sarah Sherman have both positive that it might be punching down so to speak to ship on Rachel Raquel this much because she's dummy. She's dummy, and she was literally punched in the head. Yeah, and there it might be again. Yes, she was pushed, she was pushed with allegedly, allegedly, and I actually believe giving don't move, I'm taking a phone, I'm tucking my thumb and I'm fanning my fingers out. This is really This is.
Speaker 1: The cover of the episode this week is Bowen in three D, and it's gonna be me in the back.
Speaker 3: Like. I love the way he just reached out, I reached out to really put a period, to put a fine point on this. But Matt has rightly retorted with, well, she did ruin these people's lives.
Speaker 2: Correct. Here's the thing.
Speaker 1: If you're gonna sign up for a reality show as a dumb person, you're gonna be responsible for the dumb shit you do in a major way, especially when it's something this famous and impactful and something this egregious. I mean the cuts to her in the trailer being like I feel like now I'm watching this, and I wish I had written her a note. I'm like girl starting to have regrets, like you fucking fool.
Speaker 3: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Also, I have to say, who do you identify with in the shows?
Speaker 2: I know who you are? Really, I think you're Katie in a very powerful way.
Speaker 3: Thank you for saying. I take that as a high compliment. It is because it's meant this one. And who do you identify with? Laala Kent? You are Lalla. You are the icon Lala Kent.
Speaker 1: I feel as though every time Laala goes too far, I'm like, that's the way I would go too far.
Speaker 2: Every time Lala is.
Speaker 1: Lalla ing, I feel like I identify with her rage in many as. Yes, it's rage that just righteous anger when you your yourself or her hands are not clean.
Speaker 3: Okay, you are one thousand percent unequivocally Lalla. Yes, I was gonna identify myself lightly until you said Katie as maybe as Shana but maybe not just just someone who, like I don't know, sticks up for her friends.
Speaker 2: No, you definitely are, but I think that you are.
Speaker 3: You're arising, but I'm ultimately Katie's son down.
Speaker 1: Katie, because you you have like the dry intelligence and you see it clearly. And the thing too, is it's like over the bullshit, finally over the bullshit.
Speaker 3: Fucking Schwartz. What a fucking little dweet.
Speaker 1: I have to tell you. He bothers me more than Sandibalaval. It's like, we get it, we see it, We're over it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Schwartz. It's just like kind of wow.
Speaker 1: When Katie was like, you're gonna lose a lot of friends over this, and he's like, I don't think so, it's like no, yeah, and you deserve to and if you do get them back, that fucking sucks.
Speaker 3: And he is like a roach in that way where when you shine the light on him with his shit, he like has to scurry away in the most obvious, dumbest way. I'm like, this is a dumb person. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing is, it's like I actually think he's even worse than that, because I don't think he's dumb. I think he plays dumb, and I think he thinks it's cute. I think he thinks, like, h what do you mean, I'm Schwartz. Everybody loves me and it's like, no, dude, YEA. Ultimately, like you have been made this man's bitch, and it's so embarrassing. And I think that like sometimes like his intelligence does a little bit and I'm like, oh, so you were playing domb which makes it even worse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you're trying to play in our face. I can't. I mean, that's what makes it great TV is that he's playing dumb, but he is ultimately smart enough to He's smart enough quote unquote to like subjugate himself to Sandoval in a way that is like really pathetic but so interesting to watch.
Speaker 1: Every time he made this shit about him, Like when he was sitting down with Ariana in the finale and he was like, I'm taking a beating man, and it's just like you're talking to Ariano Maddox in this moment. I was like, you have got to be kidding it. And also, of course it's being edited to make it look like that. I'm sure he was a lot more contrite in the moment and the interaction, but like, lord god, every time he said something about how his business is gonna fail.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, what did you think was gonna happen?
Speaker 1: His first response when Sandoval said I'm having an affair with Raquel or something happened with Raquel was like, well, you need to end it because of our business, you fucking moron, Like, look, have some foresight for us.
Speaker 2: Second, they need to buy him out.
Speaker 1: I think LVP and Schwartz should buy him out and go on a fucking apology tour and that should be the next season of the show.
Speaker 3: Oh interesting, that's what I think. That's really good because I feel like, from what little I know, it feels like there's no coming back from this. And Sandy, well, can.
Speaker 2: I say I'm gonna reveal this. I actually live very close to Schwartz and Sandy's, yeah, and had gone there a few times.
Speaker 1: Sudy and I went. I went a couple of times, like with other people. And let's just say it's haunted. The place is cursed, and it was already not that busy, and I don't see how it can be more busy.
Speaker 3: When was the last time? So this is pre scandabal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what's crazy is like it was happening among of course a punks, punks.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, Matt, a new word alert.
Speaker 2: So you know, when you are amongst people, you can also look a punkst people look you and g N S. T. Is that how you spell?
Speaker 3: I would say, take out the extra end you p O n A punkst g n gst correct.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I would throw that n in there.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you do, sometimes you do. You could feel it a punks to the space.
Speaker 1: I looked at punks the space and even the other day, like when I walked to Nelson's just like pick some things up, and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, wow, it is a haunted house.
Speaker 1: And I'm not saying much more about like my own interactions with it. But well, first of all, I'll say it's sad because the food was actually good.
Speaker 2: They actually figured out the menu.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Good. I believed them. But you know I believe I believe I believed that. Do you remember what you had?
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna even go as far as to say what menu items I would recommend, because guess what coming in July? Something about her, something about shop on Robertson. And guess what I.
Speaker 2: Got for us?
Speaker 1: I got us two medium black crew neck so sweatshirts that say something about her, thankful and where I'm giving you the other one.
Speaker 2: I got one for myself and one for you.
Speaker 1: And suffice to say this, this is an open invitation Oh, Katie Maloney and Ariana Maddox please come on, come on the pod. I've had let's just say a DM conversation with Katie. Oh there's interest, and listen listen Ariana. She she's facing, she's busy, she's getting that check. God bless her. And I keep bringing this up. I keep gutting out on this on the pod. But we had a lovely chat, lovely.
Speaker 3: Time together at upfronts last year's last year's upfronts where she was so sweet. I was like, I had not watched Vanner Pump. She was like. We were talking for a bit and then she goes and she did not ask me this outright. She was like, do you know who I am? Basically?
Speaker 2: Or she know.
Speaker 3: She was like, do you watch vander Pop? And I was like, I'm so sorry I don't. Yeah, she goes, that's fine whatever, Like she was just so like she was just checking in to make sure because she mean, she wanted to get a temperature check on there or just yeah, and then we just immediately moved on from that, had a lovely conversation. Yeah, she of course obviously loves sketch comedy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she seeks it very serious thing see and then I asked a question I watch What Happens Live, I DM's a question in and they asked it, and oh my god, I love Matt Rogers twice, which made me feel very seen. And I just want to say back.
Speaker 3: We see y'all, We see y'all.
Speaker 1: And we were not saying you need our help at all for the opening of the store, any promo at all. You couldn't be more in the zeitgeist, but we want to be a part of it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be coming anyway.
Speaker 3: We're coming no matter what. We'd love to have you in for a nice little chat, fun hang. It'd be a fun hanging, guaranteed. And then guess what. It coincides with the occasion of something about her.
Speaker 1: And there's something about this opportunity that could be right. I don't know, but okay, So, in a way to sort of transition but also give a last thought on vander Pump, I want to say that my snatch game is DJ James.
Speaker 3: Kennedy One good, so inspired.
Speaker 2: I'm not ready to.
Speaker 1: Do any part of it right now because I sort of discovered that my British accent here in London is James Kennedy it's not sort of getting better, say it is?
Speaker 4: Do you think so? Do you think? Do you think spit shit in? It's a bit shit, it's a bit ship. He's okay, he's okay, he's okay, he's off, he's off okay.
Speaker 1: So I asked some British people, do people here say are you daft? And they were like maybe all these people, yeah, all they said old people. We were told very very and no one certain terms that core blimey is has gone. It's out, it's been out.
Speaker 3: There cool blimey coore blimey.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 3: But I love it though bloody. People still throw around bloody and I never really bloody to me, seems like a little too on the nose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bloody, bloody, bloody, brilliant, brilliant, bloody, brilliant in that, and then it's bloody brilliant in.
Speaker 4: It smashed it, smashed it, knackered knacker. You're right, babes, you're right, babes. Yeah, good okay, yeah, good yeah, good coffee coffee should what?
Speaker 2: So get this.
Speaker 1: The other night we're going out to the bar to watch we watched drag Race. Had two brewers, so I go early. Bone's working filming the film, and I go with Matt Whitaker, our dearest dearest, and we go to because I want to see, yes, the Rupol's drag race episode that we.
Speaker 2: Guess judge out in the wild. So we go to two brewers.
Speaker 1: In chap Them Clapham Clapham Clapham. And we get there and there's ten six to ten people there. I say, this is fine. I walk in and it's like exactly when I'm coming on to do the snatch game. And then fast forward to Boone gets there, et cetera. We're leaving the bar.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Who walks up Tia coffee herself.
Speaker 3: Tia Coffee herself and perplexed, perplexed, like what I just watched you guys on that. She's like, what are you guys doing here? We're like, what are you doing here?
Speaker 1: And then we turned to our right and there is the legend something something wo drag race UK fucking we scream, we screamed.
Speaker 3: We were absolutely full on doing that alan terning type we did.
Speaker 1: We literally I looked at Tea Coffee and all I could do was type was tighte And I was like it boemost like you were shamed.
Speaker 3: You were like how many people doing this to shame? I was like, all I said, was, I mean you two literally did the thing that She like immediately kind of like rolled her eyes out and was like, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Isn't it like how many thousands of facts I've gone offic It's iconic. It is so iconic, and it's like, you know what it is. It's like when Lady Gota came out with bad Romance and that's always gonna be like her big song. It's like Britney Spears maybe one more time, tea coffee.
Speaker 3: Is typing typing, and that's just it's just gonna be it. And she could not have been lovelier. She said, are you guys going to Hoopla? We said, we have to get for Sunday. We'll get into Hoopla later.
Speaker 2: We had last the most amazing time.
Speaker 3: Should we talk about drag race?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: Should we talk about Well?
Speaker 1: So then I turned I turned to Bowen and I said, I'm tea coffee and you're something long And Bowen said.
Speaker 3: That's the most racist thing you said to me in years. In a very lightly, in a light way way. I said, that's the most racist thing. And it was. It really really was drag race.
Speaker 1: Let's just say we've been sitting on this one, sitting on a secret, Sit on a secret.
Speaker 2: We went into that episode.
Speaker 1: We were invited to be guest judges on the Snatch Game of Love episode.
Speaker 3: It was more fun than it looked. It was so much more fun than it looked. Surreal. I mean, you know what to me, like, have you thought this? I can't believe that was two days. It felt like one continuum of time. Yeah, a blur.
Speaker 2: Can we say?
Speaker 1: It is such a happy set, everyone's loving their life. And I also we should say we got there like right, I think it was two days after they had received like another boatload of Emmy nominations. Right, So the vibes were good, the queen's were well, it was a weird day.
Speaker 3: Heidi was there. We were told all the queens' Snatch Game impressions. Yes, I see a Heidi doing blackber. I go, that's really interesting and funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So the peak behind the curtain is Bowen is sitting watching it like.
Speaker 3: I'm watching Matt's Snatch Game round. He's watching my round, and so I hear him cackle at the Jimbo tap dance. My god, I can't see I have no idea what's going on, but all I hear is Rue and Matt Geffi I was you don't understand it.
Speaker 1: Definitely read on television because everyone's talking about how funny it was watching Jimbo do that tap dance and the whole performance. But watching Jimbo do the tap dance in person, especially because it's so quiet in the room, you have to imagine like no other sound except the sound of Rue screaming laughing at this justifiably yes, and also to say nothing of Rube was screaming dying at Alexis Michelle's b Arthur. Oh, but the Shirley Temple and the b Arthur were great. But the Shirley Temple tap dance one of the funniest things I have seen ever.
Speaker 3: It's so clown school, it's so kibit qua. It's like Canadian like. It's literally Jimbo like came up doing that, and it's like god, it like it's perfect to marry that into drag.
Speaker 1: I was dying because you're on the other side of the sugar wall, not being able to see it. Just your mouth is like open, like because you knew something was happening. But you could not possibly see what everyone on set is screaming. And then so what happens is I sort of had Let's just say it, it was like a I have like a flop group.
Speaker 3: I thought James was James was great, and it was a little unfair. I think it's like, okay, let's say, sure every gay man has Identifer Colnder impression. She made it work for snatch game in a way that was like great, Like she reacted to everything that was thrown in her. She was so funny, I mean whatever, she was great.
Speaker 2: We'll also remember that this happened.
Speaker 3: Last July, pre White Lotaded season two, pre.
Speaker 1: White Little season two, so it was like both a perfect like timing thing because now she's like uber famous, but also at the time it was not as is okay Jennifer Coolidge as it is now, but she was clearly the.
Speaker 2: Winner of that group. Agreed and was great.
Speaker 1: But watching your group was like they crushed it so much fun I mean even like you know, I guess if the fourth place out of that was like La La Ria Sukiana, like it was still like a wonderful sligh.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I love Candy Cutty was great. Cut to Candy just looking at Jimo up and down while the tap dance was happening with a cigarette in her mouth. I was like, that's really good.
Speaker 1: Candy had jokes like like Ruby, I'm like, you can call the fizz and then Candy goes.
Speaker 3: You tell me you're the one. Mike really good. It was good.
Speaker 1: I mean it was great. So we did our little lip sync. They showed about a third of it. We did do the whole rock Sandras verse, Yes to read You Wrote You, and then that was over in like two hours, right, two and a half hours. That was a shorter day.
Speaker 3: That was a shorter day. And then it's the main stage day that like is the full eight nine hour experience. It's really and wild, really wild, really fun again. Silent soundstage, Yeah, silent soundstage. Amazing to be there in person, though it is true. They do two walks each one with the trap, one without so that we can just say our little quips. Yeah. Ross Matthews was next to us, so lovely, so lovely, so helpful.
Speaker 1: Ross was like, okay, so this is what happens, like and like give us the download and thank god because no one really told us, like the ins and outs, like the t he goes, okay, so they're gonna go with the music and then you're right down your little jokes or whatever like and he.
Speaker 2: Goes just like, you know, let me shall go first, let me show go first. And that was right because Michelle was a machine. Yep. She set the tone with those puns totally. And Rue was also unreal and Ross was of course amazing, like they correct me if I'm wrong, Like that was like one of the highlights of the day was hearing how quick they were with all of those puns and jokes like it is.
Speaker 3: Ye and it is like you and I just having to like get in there. And it reminded me of like any like writers room yep, where it's like she's gotta like find the right opening yep. But it was like that time it sped up to like a thousand, It's like, okay, you got it, just really and it was so fun and Michelle is definitely head judge vibes. Yeah, you fall right in line.
Speaker 1: Like and also you know, we were saying the tea where she was talking Broadway, it was giving Michelle psage.
Speaker 3: We were talking about Funny Girl. We were that was when Funny Girl was going down. Yep, yep, but she had thoughts on everything, thoughts and it was pre Lea starting, but it was right as things were, like transitioning from from Beanie to Leah.
Speaker 1: So very interesting to be on the ground for that tea. And then they tell us, oh they tell us before. So, by the way, while Bowen did not get to see Jimbo in person, they in the beginning of the day, we see like an already edited version of the show yes which was interesting.
Speaker 2: They like put it together.
Speaker 1: They were like, so this is what we put together of yesterday, so you guys can have seen Snatch games.
Speaker 2: So we did get like a complete view of the whole.
Speaker 3: Snatch so that we could critique fairly.
Speaker 1: Right, then they say Heidi has chosen to leave for mental health reasons, and the queens are like shook. So we were just like moving forward and yeah, watched the runway, did the whole thing.
Speaker 2: It is so quiet, You're right.
Speaker 3: It is so cool, even during the Lipstick Assassin reveal, when that thing is going, it is nothing so funny, silent, silent, just like.
Speaker 1: All the lights are going dun dunt, dun't. But you have to in your brain be like, oh, my god, Like, oh, Rue also walks the runway to silence, yes, which was hilarious, and they do the whole bit and then yeah, Jasmine Kennedy came out crushed it. When they do a death drop, the sound that the floor mix is so jarring. And we turned to Ross and we're like, is it like that every time? And roscoes every time it's always scary?
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: I remember him saying that.
Speaker 2: I was like, does this sound like that every time?
Speaker 3: Every time? Oh wow?
Speaker 1: Just like the sound of like a body hitting the floor, Not like a fun death drop moment. It was the sound of a body slamming to the.
Speaker 3: Floor on fucking like a vinyl tile or whatever it is. You know. Mayhem Miller did our hair and makeup. Oh my god, legend, Jem legend. We love her so much. She made us look it's you know, it's the filter on the camera on the lens beat us down. But we were beat down, and I mean, I've never looked bronzer. I mean, I loved it.
Speaker 1: It was Here's what I'll say to everyone being like they were glowing radiant. We were beat to hell by a drag queen and had Rue Paul's lighting yeah, that's I mean, that's all there is.
Speaker 3: But what else do you want?
Speaker 2: Like, and I wish we could say that's how we looked.
Speaker 3: No, it will never be again. It will never be again. That's okay, that's okay.
Speaker 2: Also, I was absolutely dying of Shigella.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I can't you reminded me and I that was I remember this.
Speaker 1: Rita's will remember when we came back from Fire Island last year. Oh my god, I was talking about how sick I was, how I had had interactions with gay men that led to me being sick. Understand, we shot this episode of drag Race a week later. I was so ill. Bone and I were sharing a trailer. I felt so bad for you because I was I.
Speaker 3: Had I wanted to make sure you were okay.
Speaker 1: I had the runs down, like I was like dehydrated for a week leading up to it. It was the fact that we were able to pull me together for that was while I was really upset because I was like, am I gonna have to like cancel drag Race because I'm miss sick.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you we barely made it.
Speaker 3: I mean, no one would be able to tell.
Speaker 1: Because of the power of lighting and hair and makeup, and Michael Fisher dressed us down.
Speaker 3: Thank you Michael, Thank you King.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that was that's a little people behind the curtain. I was dripping with sweat every second, like dying.
Speaker 3: Dying, dying, dying, dying in a way where you're like, god, I hate hate that feeling of when you're sick, dehydrated, just like emptying yourself so often from either end that you go. I didn't know I had this much content.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was. I was creating content all day. I really was.
Speaker 1: And basically, like we made it through. I think my body was like not allowing me to fuck up that moment. I was like, we're making it through. I mean, thank god we did, because it was that was as much of a life highlight as it looked like. And like I said, everyone was so nice. And you know, I heard a little bit about the rest of the season and I heard it's great, and I mean, give it up for what I'm gonna call one of the best drag race performances in a single episode ever by Jimbo.
Speaker 3: I mean that runway, that runway, I mean, describe what it was like watching it come down the runway. It was horror it was hard. We were like literally, we were like, what the fuck are we looking at? And then as soon as she turned all of us on the judges table screamed screaming.
Speaker 2: Because I really thought for a while that was her face right there's I don't know how to describe like it looked just like weird makeup on her face. She was moving her head in a weird way. That's how effective it was in person, so.
Speaker 3: Effective the feat the bend in the knees looking completely unnatural to the point where you're like, is this something wrong with her? But like and within the realm of possibility, being like wait, like what's happened? And then the turn, I mean the two reveals. Yeah, because then the snake popping under the apple was lovely.
Speaker 1: I mean, when you put that together with that smash game, it's a rap.
Speaker 2: I mean that was the only part of the episode.
Speaker 1: I was like, there was a lack of surprise and suspense because kind of knew they weren't going to eliminate someone when the HEIGHTI had left early. Definitely a slam dunk win for Jimbo. And also we saw Jasmine earlier in the day.
Speaker 3: You did, I didn't see her.
Speaker 1: I think I was like, I think I did see her because I was like, oh, look, I think I told you. I was like, it's Jasmine. You were like, oh my god, really and I was like, yeah, for sure because she's and there's no other reason for her to be here, because I think we were told all the queens that had been there and had been eliminated, huh or were we.
Speaker 3: Well we were told, yes, yes, we were told. And then we literally saw Darien Lake pass us for the Fame Game, for the Fame Games. I mean wait, we got to wave at her and we waved to Dave.
Speaker 2: I was bummed that she was, like, I was like, I would have loved to have.
Speaker 3: Seen her, but you know, yeah, me too.
Speaker 2: Let me no regrets.
Speaker 3: That was I mean, Dragars was a slave. Like Okay, let's talk about our concert going experiences of.
Speaker 1: Maybe what you're all here for, because can you even believe the like the couple of weeks that we've had that like, that wasn't even the first thing that we jumped into. The fact that we saw Eras and Renaissance in the last two weeks.
Speaker 3: You being on the floor for both of those and relatively the same spot weirdly you were on this Yes, you were like stage you were stage left on the floor for both shows.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, I so let's should we do eras first? Yeah, the aerostar, a feet of stamina, Oh, a feat of their showcase of Songwriting.
Speaker 3: Masterclass. Everyone in that stadium.
Speaker 2: Oh, my best friends with each other.
Speaker 3: Best friends with each other. The friendship bracelets. That was so cute, so cute. I mean, we met so many lovely people who just came up to us, gave gave us Taylor Swift bracelets. I had one that was just Karma is a catbead.
Speaker 1: I got that one to actually, so that one was really really cute. No, people were like the energy in the stadium was definitely and yes it was MetLife Stadium, and we'll get to that.
Speaker 3: We'll get to that. But it was so like, to use the.
Speaker 2: Words of Ilana Glazer on this podcast, there was a thick joy in the stadium. We got there. We decided to get there a little bit late, so we caught like the last half of.
Speaker 1: Miss Bridgers and then we get there and Taylor from seven to fifty five pm to eleven twenty five pm, I guess just gives three and a half hours of the Era's tour. This was the only way I can describe it is it's the fucking world's biggest pop star showcasing the most coveted, impressive library of pop music. And it really didn't feel like anything was super missing, Like I didn't.
Speaker 3: If anything like it's speak now stuff, if.
Speaker 1: Anything, yes, speak now, I would have loved to hear like Sparks Fly we said. But also the surprise songs we got Welcome to New York, which I could see some people around me being like, Okay, we got Welcome to New York.
Speaker 2: I was thrilled.
Speaker 3: I was thrilled with Welcome to New York, we got Welcome to York and Clean, which before the end of Clean, like there were some people around me who were like, she's doing first track of nineteen nine and last track. Is she about to announce something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it did feel like that.
Speaker 1: And then but did not come to pat She did not lovely. I mean when she announced Clean, we collapsed. We had a physical collapse into each It was. It was I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 3: I couldn't believe it because she did debut a rule for herself that she has set, which is she's allowed to repeat a song if she either messed up a lyric or if she feels like she could have done it better. And I feel like I could have done this in a higher key.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yeah, we got most of the nineteen eighty nine now, but my guess we did, and we famously saw nineteen.
Speaker 2: Eighty nine world tour there years and years ago. Do you have highlights? I mean, I I there were so many, But what are your highlights?
Speaker 3: So many? I loved Cruel Summer. I love that she set up cruel Summer. She she took a moment to address the crowd before the bridge. He goes, we've rid at the first bridge of the night. Yes, let's cross it together. Oh my cross I mean screamed, and then we all screamed. We scrowm. And then highlight for me was folklore.
Speaker 2: Folklore felt huge. That was one thing when it first came out.
Speaker 1: I remember us talking by the way we iconically first listened to folklore in Greta Titleman's home, and when the girls were talking and we were like.
Speaker 2: You guys, need to stop talk.
Speaker 3: Study and Greta were trying on outfits and showing us, and I was like this is this isn't the time.
Speaker 2: This is not fashion show is on in Greta's home and someone else's.
Speaker 3: And someone else's home. We were making rules.
Speaker 1: I feel like weren't we always saying though, like how is this going to feel? She's not gonna be able to do an intimate concert of this, don't worry if you haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 2: Folklore feels massive. Yeah, and the Bridge of Illicit Affairs. Yeah. I turned to you and you were like, wow, she really fit that one in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I can't can't even tell you. It felt like the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've I love that in your Instagram caption.
Speaker 2: It was ma sure, And we keep saying Betty.
Speaker 3: Who I love that song so much? Might be my favorite off of Well, it's hard between Betty August and Mirraball. I was missing Miraball from that sets. No problem, I'm sure. I think she's done it.
Speaker 2: It was I think one of the first surprise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, but that was a highlight. I loved Reputation.
Speaker 1: Reputation was just as major as you think it's going to be. This when the snake starts coming on the back back while you're like absolutely, it was like the energy pick back up again.
Speaker 2: It was like a new concert, start a new concert.
Speaker 3: That's one thing I'll.
Speaker 1: Compliment her on is like every era felt extremely vivid and its own thing. Like it was like it was almost like it was like nine or ten isolated concerts in that way, like really smart. I think to start with Lover because it's light out and it feels like that that like energy picks it up, like it's like we're doing it as like, you know, the sun is setting and huh, by the time it's.
Speaker 2: Reputation, there's not a light in the sky.
Speaker 3: It's the damn we're at the fucking sex dungeon, yes, you know, and approaching midnight for Midnight, Yes Genius, which went really hard midnights. I was not expecting to love live that much. Fucking Bejeweled, Oh l g B t qu I a plus recruitment song. Actually, I'm upset.
Speaker 2: That Jeweled is not nominated for the Diplo Award for LGBTQ.
Speaker 3: That's a mistake on our part in terms of the campaign timeline, in terms of the nomination's announcement timeline. Yes, we'll get into the awards later.
Speaker 1: Yes, And there's some things you need to know about the awards. There's some songs you need to get off book for, there's some things you need to prepare. But I'll say this, the witchiness of Evermore being leaned into I think really helped to distinguish it from from Yes Yes, because there's a there's a stark difference between Evermore and Folklore, which you didn't express, like Evermore felt like dark, yes yes, and Folklore felt.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna say the most basic word, lighter.
Speaker 3: It just felt its witches. Yeah, yes, Evermore is as witches folklore is. I'm going to say this doesn't quite feel right, but fairy, yeah, nymph, I was gonna say, yeah, yeah, yeah, dry Ad yes, and woods.
Speaker 2: The Burning House into Fearless, Oh my.
Speaker 3: God, love love it.
Speaker 1: Fearliss was also a moment Red to say nothing of Red. I mean, maybe we're just taking Red for a granted at this point, because Red also had Red was like a featured moment of the show. Was like an extended moment in the show, the ten minute all too well, just it does exactly what you think it's gonna do.
Speaker 3: It unifies, it unifies. She is in a fucking red sequined trench. Coade. I want to say some kind of cape situation, like it just looks like that stage picture is wow. Yeah, it's it's huge. And then blank Space, I mean widely agreed upon by many, many authoritatively musical people that one of the best pop songs ever written.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's it's effervescent, it lifts, it is one of the great moments, one of the great moment concert going history. Yes, when you listen to blank Space amongst the girls.
Speaker 3: Upunks to the girl, a pong, it falls up hoongs to the girl.
Speaker 1: It fell apongst us, and I knew that Taylor was looking upongst Us and feeling very proud of what she had accomplished. There also like shake it off, crushed it. I was dancing like.
Speaker 2: A gay man, and I really was. And I looked over and you were being gay.
Speaker 3: I was being gay.
Speaker 1: We were both being pretty gay during the show throughout. Yes, while the streams IT'SO bad blood and I'm not even a bad blood.
Speaker 3: Super It was so fun, fun little moment. And then getting out of meant life was pure hell, cruel, cruel, but we we were lucky, we were like we were out of there. Within it was not chromatica ball level. No, and we were just listening to tunes in the car. We were listening to some some Mazy Peters tracks.
Speaker 1: And we were actually were listening to an upcoming album. Were listening we got to listen to an upcoming album.
Speaker 3: And more on that. So more on that. So let's talk about we're going to be seeing Renaissance Tour. We're like, you know, have to see Renaissance Tour twice. We're gonna see it a Met Life again, let's talk about Renaissance in London. At first of all, wonderfully run venue.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this was if compared to MetLife.
Speaker 3: This was like I was at Disney.
Speaker 1: It was as if Okay, So getting into MetLife was like trying to get a reservation that at the invite only Chipprianni's.
Speaker 3: And getting into Tottenham.
Speaker 2: Was walking into McDonald's, walking into McDonald's, walking into McDonald's at.
Speaker 1: Like I don't know, like one pm on a weekday. It was like, yeah, no one's here.
Speaker 3: Or no, it's everyone's here, but everyone's able to like get to a touch screen.
Speaker 2: Exactly, you know.
Speaker 1: And I mean this was so we get there, we're not seated together, see it together, bone was up in the nosebleeds. Still a perfect view, Still a perfect view, because this show bigger, pure spectacle. She's one of our. She not one of ours, she is no. She is our best, our greatest living performer. And people being like Taylor or Beyonce, what was better? Don't even go there, hant to compare it. It's apples and oranges. It is actually the definition of apples and oranges. They should start saying Beyonce and Tailor's because say that that's a real culture. Twenty four, it's a core number twenty four, Apples and oranges. They should say Beyonce's and tailors because Taylor was, like I said, world's biggest pop star, presenting her and showcasing her library.
Speaker 2: Beyonce Renaissance was.
Speaker 3: Let me get the ballads out of the way, and let's we're going to turn this into the fucking club.
Speaker 1: World's greatest performer and most important artist. Giving the Renaissance Ball and installment in her career, it didn't.
Speaker 2: Feel like cumulative, although it was.
Speaker 1: It felt like I'm doing the Renaissance Ball, And it was rumored that she was going to come out and be her own opening act. She comes out uses both the most perfect songs to open with and also the most random songs to open with, Dangerously in Love, into Flaws and all into one plus one into a cover of I'm Going Down Into I Care with some Tina Proud Mary ballad version.
Speaker 2: Tina Turner, I'm urver deep manaight ververt deep Mountain.
Speaker 3: Huh huh. A beautiful Renditionnelie such an unexpected original interpretation of that song. And then like fully in her Vegas residency gown yep, like she's changing up the looks each show, but each show is giving like I could do a Vegas presidency if.
Speaker 2: I want, if I wanted, if I ever gained.
Speaker 3: And what I find really nice about Renaissance, about the Renaissance tour is that if I'm going to compare it to Formation, Formation was her being like, I'm doing stadiums now, let me give you everything, and it was just intense, like everything out of fucking fourteen, big, big, big, and this I feel like, was let me just give you looks, gags, fun, everyone is having a good fucking time. It was a par It was a fucking party in a stadium like that, I'm like chromatica ball wasn't even necessarily giving that, Like chromatica Ball was like this is years in the making, Like I'm finally getting to tour with us. Renaissance tour was like, let's just have fucking fun.
Speaker 1: It somehow, And maybe it's because the ga that I was in was like entirely standing on them and it was like a dance party down there. It somehow really made the entire stadium feel like a dance floor, and that is like the best compliment I can give it. It was to say nothing of like how much of the stadium she seemed to use, Like it was like a three sixty experience in a way, the camera being in the skies, the way she would find the camera and the air just like truly, no one is capable of this. I mean, it's hard to even say highlights because the whole thing felt like the Renaissance album, like.
Speaker 2: A continuous party.
Speaker 1: But I would say this section, when we were calling the red section, she started with formation and went through a black parade.
Speaker 3: Through I mean my power black parade, Oh my gum, into fucking savage.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah savage. The woman rode out on a tank while her daughter is the most unbothered child to ever even imagine.
Speaker 3: And people can, I say, people online.
Speaker 1: Being like Blue Ivy Carter is not slaying you weren't there, weren't there, you weren't there.
Speaker 2: It's actually an unbothered sleigh.
Speaker 3: She's hitting every fucking move but she's going, she's giving you like nothing in the face and it is so fucking perfect, perfect, perfect, So.
Speaker 2: And she's also leading this huge like processional behind her and you're looking right at her and it is I mean, it's it's way more impressive than I think the stupid tiktoks and videos are making it out to be.
Speaker 3: She's always gonna dull and dilute it, like yeah, of course you're not gonna get the same experience watching it from your fucking phone. No, no, like it is something else to be there. And then the moment that got me was huge run of applause for Blue, like they like showing the line on Blue. Everyone's losing their minds, just living for this little girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Cuts to Beyonce on the Big Camp.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the proudest, glowing, glowing and she says everybody say, hey, miss Carter, and what I as Blue is leaving And everyone says hey, miss Carter. And then my favorite thing is she goes right into a fucking partition. So she's like, now my daughter's gonna leave, and I'm gonna get into my big slut moment, and she goes, do I have any partition fans in the audience? As if anyone would dare not be the biggest partition fan. She gave partition as blue as exiting, and then I believe it was into savage. So she was like, now that my daughter's not here, let me let my pussy into the wind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my god, who that is a fucking catalog?
Speaker 1: Oh peer, Yeah, I mean just like and also to say nothing of the set list too, was just perfection because then she gives love on top and she lets the audience go into the key changes and she's just like helping out and she's like yes, and then it explodes into crazy and love and you didn't see it coming, and then she just begins her stomp does original choreo.
Speaker 2: It just takes you back to two thousand and three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what I remember, like not only the music video obviously, but and also that iconic song which is like still like we said earlier, like you know, like It's that thing of like tea coffee will always be typing. Yeah, like that he gota will always be bad romance like Beyonce has done Beyonce since that, but still Crazy in Love is still that moment that we will always remember and I'll just never forget watching her performance on the VMA's that You're years and years and years ago and watching that original choreo. I used to fast forward it, rewind it, just just like watch it again and again and again, and just to see her do that original choreo again, I was like, my god, this is like standing the test of time in such a way.
Speaker 3: And uh, to your point about like her finding the cameras, I think she knows her stage picture at all times like no one else. It's so wild. Yeah, she knows exactly how she looks in every single moment. Yes she does.
Speaker 1: Ah, I mean and every every track of Renaissance was perfect. I mean highlights include I mean Alien Superstar obviously fucking.
Speaker 2: Move was incredible, amazing, pure honey.
Speaker 1: Just like the like Vogue section of that, like the ball section of that was so unbelievable to watch. Her dancers are fucking phenomenal. It's just and she has never and this is obviously like it. It's like you have to toss her hands up and say this, but like, never looked more beautiful, never looked.
Speaker 2: It's insane.
Speaker 3: I know, I know. Mm hmm. It sounded perfect, giving us a live vocal start to finish.
Speaker 2: A million notes like never lost I know, never lost it, duh duh. But like I mean, and so I would say, so, how many times have you seen her?
Speaker 3: I started with missus Carter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I saw one before that, I saw this before, always say will always be my favorite because it was the most intimate. It was so intimate and so small, and it was just unreal because I believe that was like formative for me at the time. This was unreal. I mean, it's the Renaissance Tour. It gave everything, It gave everything.
Speaker 3: Heated. The only time she dropped quote unquote any like lyric or anything was heated where she literally like before the song before she goes into the sun, she goes, y'all want to help me on unheeded because like I get two words in too, like that you know that end section, and it like and I started to run out of breath and there's no way any one person can do that whole section without running out of breath. No, But meanwhile, like we know every fucking word. God, I fucking love that shit.
Speaker 1: She also, I have to say, like one of the highights for me was Break My Soul into like the Vogue remix and Break My Soul, which she gave also the whole thing and like all the names came up on the back wall. By the way, just claps and a standing ovation to the crew of both of these shows. I mean, the unreal production value, like the robots, the robotics, and the Beyonce show just like the Metropolis vibes of it all, like.
Speaker 3: Beyonce being the lay weather. Yeah yeah, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: Just like truly like when she comes out for the for after she opens the show, she comes out and she's like encased in like metallic silver, and these robots literally remove pieces of her garment so she can come out and like perform. It is it's so surreal to watch and it's just so perfectly realized, and she is holding the center the entire time.
Speaker 2: I mean, like it's just.
Speaker 3: We're very lucky that we got to see these performers. We went to mighty Hoopla the day after a big queer music festival in the UK in London, Bropel Park and Brixton. It was so much fun.
Speaker 2: As if we needed to be more blissed out, I know.
Speaker 3: It was just a lovely experience. We saw Dagnyagny was incredible. That's another like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, keep your eye on the live vocal on her. Wow, that is like pop perfection.
Speaker 3: That is just like I mean you want clean pop, yeah, not clean clean as in just like these melodies are like fucking Razor sharp.
Speaker 1: And perfect pop voice. I mean truly just really that girl. Then we went over and we saw.
Speaker 3: Who, Like, I love that she's just gotten like really queer and massive. Like so I've been a fan of hers for years now and I think she's so so so wonderful. Everyone should check her out. But she has a song called say my Name, not in reference to Beyonce or Destiny's Child, wonderful song and that was like a different, smaller venue. And then we saw Confidence Man, who were goofy, fun, stupid, weird and I use all of those words lovingly. And then we saw Jake Shears.
Speaker 1: Jake Shears just lovely, what incredible, iconic energy like looking just as good as the day one, so fun.
Speaker 3: So fun. And then we went to a dance party under a tent called Swift againin.
Speaker 2: Yes we did.
Speaker 1: We went to something called Swift again and it was another hour. As if we needed more tailor, we just heard those same songs again with hundreds and hundreds of British Swifties who were all equally excited to be there, screaming all ten minutes of the all too well ten minute version. Everyone was off book. Yes, we did experience Swift again in post aerostour, and we will be seeing the aerostour again, so that is where we are at.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's gonna be a summer of music. I'm sure I'll end up at one of the Madonna shows.
Speaker 2: Really would like to go.
Speaker 3: I think it's I think it's worth as our experiences are general, I'm saying like hour, as in like everyone's experience with Madonna live lately has been okay, I guess we're waiting around for an hour and a half, longer than we thought we would. Yeah, but no problem, it's Madonna.
Speaker 1: Apparently, we hope Pride was very giving. We missed it, but Jesse Ware apparently killed it. Adina was there. I'm gonna go next week. I'm seeing Megan thee Stallion Friday and then Mariah Saturday.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I had heard that Edna was told several times to leave the stage because her set was over, and she just kept singing, you.
Speaker 1: Know what, eat, yeah, let it go. Here's what I'd say to anyone talking to Adena. They got off to stay let it.
Speaker 3: Go, and we love Adena, but there are videos out there of her bailing out on the last note of yeah. But you know what, though, good good, because you know you can't. She did the last note of de fine gravity. She did, she tried, she did, she did it, and it's growth within a set to be like for let it go for a storm ry John, I'm gonna throw the mic over to the audience.
Speaker 2: I'm giving it to you.
Speaker 3: I'm getting it to you. Gaze because you know what.
Speaker 2: Also that does it says, oh you gazed.
Speaker 3: Thing, you can do it.
Speaker 2: Try, go ahead, here's the mic. If you gaze, then you can do it. Some of them can, very few of them can. Some of them and they all try.
Speaker 3: And they all try. Have we established Idina Menzel is a base on this podcast or now is.
Speaker 1: That adena is a base. Is that one of the rules of culture. And also you know Adele Deseim is the number one moment in a culture history. So Adina has a massive place in the culture. And her move to gay icon and pride performer and pride staple, I think is long overdue.
Speaker 2: And we should also say we did see her perform her a new single.
Speaker 1: You Bet a Move from Me at the glad Awards, and she was and she did present us in Fire Island and we gave her a huge hug and she emanates.
Speaker 3: She emanates, and I.
Speaker 1: Would say, unfortunately for a move, we haven't yet talked about it yet on this podcast. But there is a song of the summer, There is a queer staple. It is a nominee for Record of the Year.
Speaker 3: It is which I think people are already trying to be like, oh, like it's we're oversaturated.
Speaker 2: No, they need to stop.
Speaker 3: No, you must just accept the fact that this song is We'll be with us for forever.
Speaker 2: I mean when you say put I go.
Speaker 1: Put um period, period, it's actually a real culture number eight when you say I say period, and that is that is forever.
Speaker 3: Put Um is forever. Putum is on the same level of staying power as Diva down. We didn't medic Boots.
Speaker 2: It's just if doctor ROBERTA Bobby wrote the song.
Speaker 3: It's doctor Roberta Bobby. It is Hi, Diva. May I call you Diva. My name is Detective Fierce. You're not in trouble, Boots. We're just trying to get the tea on the situation. It is part of the lexicon of Queerness.
Speaker 1: Get on board or else, faggot or else. The train is leaving the station and it's headed to Padam.
Speaker 3: I'm hearing rumors that Susanne Collins is rewriting the Hunger Games books to change PanAm to Padam. That's rumors. I am, I am. You are a reporter. I'm a report. Are you really?
Speaker 2: Are you break the news?
Speaker 3: I'm hearing rumors. Put it came on Hoopla. I hear it, and I know and we all activated.
Speaker 1: You don't even understand what happened at maighty Hoopla when Padam came on. The dance floor was dead then it failled.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to say.
Speaker 3: We're literally walking to the urinals and Pam came on and we had to stop.
Speaker 1: Are you guys excited to see performed at the Lost Culture Recess Cultural Awards.
Speaker 2: We might be getting a big.
Speaker 1: Special guest to come perform.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's talk about the awards.
Speaker 1: Okay, So now by now you know that all of the last Culturesis Culture Awards nominees have been announced.
Speaker 2: The campaign starts now.
Speaker 1: If you feel that you have a strong instinct as to what should win these categories, you need to be publicists. Yes, you need to get going. I need to see FYC. I need to see us being tagged. I need to see interacting with each other. I need to see campaign.
Speaker 3: I need to see campaigns. I need to see a photoshopped picture of the billboard. Period. Yes, I want to see a banner on the street. I want to see a pamphlet that you design.
Speaker 2: I just I want to see you guys activate, because otherwise, if you don't vote, period, period. If you don't vote, what do you think is going to happen?
Speaker 3: You are not going to feel like a part of this award show if you don't vote, If.
Speaker 1: You don't any words of Adina Menzelle, move for me. You better move for me.
Speaker 3: Now, what do you have to say about these being the front runners, the most nominated, the most nominate, I'm sorry, Yes, the most nominated.
Speaker 2: Yes we have Doja Cat, Yes, big contender.
Speaker 3: Oreo Cookies. Breathe by faith Hill nominated in multiple categories.
Speaker 2: This was not something I saw coming this now.
Speaker 1: I did not think that Breathe by faith Hill was going to be one of the Records of the Year nominees.
Speaker 2: And then, you know, when it was, I was sort of like, yeah, I get it, because if you listen to it again, and I do want everyone listening to it again, you do realize, actually, it's one of the most important songs of the year.
Speaker 3: It is one of the most important songs of the year. And then you go and then you look down the list and you see Santa Award for being unforgettable, Breathe by faith Hill.
Speaker 1: Up against some tough competition. Yeah, but you know, I don't think anyone saw this coming. And I guess as a Record of the Year nominee, it will be performed at the awards. Interesting now, speaking of other Record of the Year nominees that will be performed at the awards. If I had to say one thing, and I think you'll agree about this, everyone needs to be off book on eighth World Wonder by Kimberly Locke. We're gonna need a lot of audience excitement for that song because it's going to We've said.
Speaker 2: It before, but kick off the show.
Speaker 3: Have we said this before?
Speaker 2: We've said it?
Speaker 3: Thank God, Let's see what else do we have? We have All I Want for Christmas as you.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's going to I mean I think that probably going forward we're going to see All I Want for Christmases.
Speaker 2: You be a huge contender in this category.
Speaker 3: I think this is the first This is historic because this is the first time in any award show history for All in Want for a song to be nominated two years in for Record of the Year. Yeah, I think that that speaks to its cultural impact. But when I really do and remember that last year's winner was Drived Back by Candae, which has stood the test of time in its own We're still singing it, children were singing weddings at funerals, and.
Speaker 1: We're going to see what wins. I just I think this is a really tough race. Obviously, it's really exciting because all the nominees are being performed. Has really made a late case late in the year and.
Speaker 3: What's the we're missing the fifth nominee.
Speaker 1: Oh, the fifth nominee is if you asked me to you asked me to which you know you might be getting a special performance as well. And by might I mean yes.
Speaker 3: Might I mean yes I do. Are you okay? There's something going on? Everyone's congested in London? Well okay, so it's June and I'm sorry. The weather is fifty degrees or as the Brits say, you know, eighteen. I don't know. I can't convert.
Speaker 2: I was talking to a game man yesterday, I might hoop and he said to me, okay, so hey feva they call it here and I was like, oh my god, what, like, how do you get it?
Speaker 3: And he was like, well, you know, it's like, you know, hey fever, but you get it.
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh allergy. Yeah, and he goes, oh, I think you call it allergies and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, wow, to call it hey hay fever because I guess the hey in the air, but it's not.
Speaker 1: He it's dramatic to me. To me, British people calling allergies hay fevers dramatic.
Speaker 3: You live in the city, you don't live on a farm. Babe, you don't live on a farm, Honey, Honey, accept the fact that you Ben's right over there. Yeah, okay, okay. There's a Costa across There's a Costa Costa coffee across the street.
Speaker 1: There's a Costa coffee across the street. It's not high fever, it's allergy. It's okay, han, han, You're not at risk.
Speaker 3: You're not at risk. There's a fucking there's a Preda Mange, there's a Sainsbury's, there's a Tesco. It's not all these things. There's all these things that are not what hey.
Speaker 2: Mikey Hoopla was a slagh.
Speaker 1: We really wish we had gotten to see Kelly Rowland the night before, but we were seeing her goddamn sister, and we heard that she wore an intense black cat suit and gave production value, budget, talent and more.
Speaker 3: I mean Kelly Roland. She to Kelly Rowland gives talent, charisma and more and more. This is the new syntactical thing that Matt is innovating on, always innovating on. But the new thing is, and please explain this for yourself, but in summary, it's to say two things and then always followed up and more.
Speaker 1: So basically, like if I was to say what London is giving, Yeah, London is giving prosperity, culture and more. Bonian gives talent, charisma and more.
Speaker 3: What the hell was that ice beucket my eye? Becket is giving sounds, coldness and more and more.
Speaker 1: I look out to London and I'm literally seeing clouds, sky and more.
Speaker 3: It's a complete thought.
Speaker 1: The title of this episode is Eras Renaissance and more.
Speaker 3: I love it. I love that too. I love that so literally.
Speaker 1: So this was such a wild couple weeks that we actually made a list of things together and we've gotten through all them except too.
Speaker 2: We have to discuss the Succession finale. We do, bon Yang, what.
Speaker 1: Did you feel about the way that succession ended and how power transferred?
Speaker 3: Well, power did not transfer, I would say, I would say the only person who was really in power was Mansen and at the end of the day he still is in power. Yeah, and all along he was the only person who was in power. And that's a comment, and that's a These children were I mean, in the words of Roman, they were all bullshit, yeah the whole time, And that is the that is what the tragedy of this show is yep. And and what a fucking brilliant what a perfect, perfect finale. Yeah, I will never forget it with.
Speaker 4: This perfect finale, the cheers.
Speaker 1: That's where my voice is right now, y'all, you guys, here's what I'm gonna say right now. And I We've talked about hating saying this, but Sarah Snook, give her this was This is what I love about Succession. It is going to make brand names out of a few people. Sarah Snook. I'm so excited to see what she does next, Like, this was unbelievable. And also that's a tough turn in that almost every single episode she has an impossible task, but she is endlessly watchable. She fucking turns on a dime. You believe every second of it. It's super authentic. There's no one like her. Really, Sarah Snook is a finalist, and I'm so happy She's nominated for everything she's nominated for and even earns her own category.
Speaker 3: Earns her own category, the Shive Award, the Shivroy Awards. It's not the Sarah Snook Award, No, it's the Shipward. I've been exposed to the fan cams of SHIV slash Sarah. They are many, and they are all mesmerizing because you're just seeing clip after clip of Sarah smiling, blinking wavings, doing little things and going to this. I could be I could watch this all day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just mean like.
Speaker 3: But but yes, yes, yes, but I'm just saying, like, even just on a fan cam level.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, when the fan cams are giving you know that there's fans.
Speaker 3: She's an analog of Patri Pascal. It's like you could watch we could all watch a Pa Pascal pan camp. We can all watch a Sarah.
Speaker 2: Deeply mother, deeply mother and daughter in a way deeply mother.
Speaker 1: Deeply daughter, an unfortunately wife in the season finale.
Speaker 3: Trapped trapped in the car, hand on an open palm.
Speaker 2: Tragic last image.
Speaker 3: Oh dear god, both of them. I mean, what we heard was, and what I think people must know at this point is that Kendall walking back into the room, acting as if the fish bowl of this fit of these siblings, breaking down, acting as if like no one had seen what has happened, and the guy'd being like we're done'. That was the fully ad libed yeah, we're done, We're done, We're done. Like what I forget the line it's like you don't have it. Yeah, it's like a little literal, but you do need to see that moment where you like it dawns on me.
Speaker 2: I loved it. I mean, just.
Speaker 1: A lot of people are, and I think this was going to be the case either way, we're just not necessarily satisfied because they either didn't see the shift turn coming or didn't buy it, or like or the whole season is a lead up to that turn. I would agree, And I also think the fact that it felt impulsive just goes to show that this is gonna be this family's reality forever. And I loved the way that it ended sort of not with them. Of course, they had like what could be deemed like a relationship ending fight, but I bet not. You get the sense of this people, these people's prison is Yes, he's sitting there staring at the water and like completely defeated, but there's also something there that's just like it's not over for him and trying to. I don't think it's like a death sentence for him. I think he's gonna keep attempting but not I don't know how he possibly could. But like, the story is not over for the family and in terms of a family drama sense. And that's what I really liked about it was that it felt like the words like I love you, but I can't stomach you, Like they're still connected and I mean there she is, like still connected to it in her own way, and like I just you get the sense that it's ongoing in a dramatic sense, but in a way where I'm good to not watch.
Speaker 3: I mean, I totally agree. I think that's the whole thing of the show is that it's this it's this group of people who are locked into torture because they are family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's there's like conclusion, but not finality is I would say this conclusion to the story, but there's like this very dark ellipses that is on their lives now. And I remember, like a few days ago, I read an article where Jeremy Strong was like, which was very Jeremy Strong. He was like, you know, I did a take where I, as Kendall, wanted to jump in the water because I felt he'd want to kill himself in that moment, and you know, they had to stop me. And I was like, right, and that's why that's why we don't have Jenna Ortego writing Wednesday. This is why we don't have Jeremy Strong writing succession because it really was supposed to end the way it was supposed to end without you jumping in the water.
Speaker 2: But I guess happy we got the take.
Speaker 1: Would love to see the deleted scene of Jeremy stung trying to like jump in the water, and they'll like, you know, second ad being like Jeremy, Jeremy, No, Jeremy right.
Speaker 2: Right, you gotta love him.
Speaker 3: We needed one more from him, this man, and I let me just just make clear once again, this man is iconic. Oh please. And there was a lot of pickup from that story I shared. Yeah about the bathroom mm hmm, it is all in and we met everywhere we said it was ridiculous. It was so perfect. Yes, this is this man's process. And guess what, it works. That's all that matters.
Speaker 1: It worked better than anything else we've ever seen. I mean, look, I wouldn't change a thing.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't change a thing. Love that. Roman's last moment is he's back at the bar, like where we found him in season one, like the first scene. It's like he is fully well. I my interpretation of the moments we leave all these three siblings on is that like with the exception of Shiv, I guess well, no, with Ship, it's like these three people don't know what to do without this motivating force. It's the perfect ending on this because it's like this the whole like race is over. Yeah, and you end with like Kendall like staring out into the water because I think for him it's done. Like he he does not know what to do. He was built for this and now that this is finally taken away from him and he's like, I don't sow his existence is like meaningless. Yeah, so sad, I think the turn works for Shiv, especially when right before her it's Roman being like yeah, I'm sure whatever whatever, Like there's a moment of hedging you see, like a moment of him being like I don't know, like his you know, his stitches, and.
Speaker 1: She's like, I actually have a final move here to be the power player and it is down.
Speaker 3: I don't think the turn is unearned at all. No me neither, especially with the Roman think after that crazy hug scene, Yeah, that was insane, Like I think it was a perfect finale, and you can't say that for a lot of HBO shows, Like people still are arguing about the Sopranos thing. Now you know, it'same of Thrones, all of it all, and so like Six.
Speaker 2: Feet Under, it was the closest thing to perfection when it.
Speaker 3: Was I never saw it, Oh I know, I got.
Speaker 1: That finale was see yeah, I mean in an almost opposite way of Succession, because it actually did that thing, and it sort of like I guess, you know, not created the thing, but like perfected the thing of like we are seeing into the future into the ends of their lives, because that was the show literally about death and about you know, that idea of closure or lack, and so basically like that was the perfect ending for that show, was to jump into the future and see the great expanse.
Speaker 2: Of what that life was.
Speaker 1: Where As Succession, what it was saying was like these people wanted so desperately to be more than their situation and be more than this, but they're not. They are not serious people, as he said in that second episode, you know what I mean. It's just like ultimately they were defined by their station in life and it made them miserable. So that is the I guess, like satire of the whole thing.
Speaker 3: I will miss the show a great deal, you know, and it.
Speaker 1: Makes me sad, Like the whole state of television right now, it does make me sad because it's like so many things are ending that were so formative and have ended. It's like, are we creating new things? Are we creating new art? Like that is like this anymore? I mean like it really does feel not to be like Moreau or like.
Speaker 3: Uh, what's the word.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a fatalist about the state of television and a state of art in general, in the state of cinema. But like you now, I saw Fast X and it's just like, is this what this is?
Speaker 2: Is this what this is?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean I'm excited to see Spider Verse. Oh yes, but that's the thing of like it is, like it's a franchise. It's like, yeah, but at least there's like a really inspiring level of like innovation there. But yeah, I mean, it just seems like everyone's as an end by everyone. We just mean like the people who like decide these things is just even more and more risk averse, which is by the way, like in terms of looking at things that have worked in the past and trying to predict and extrapolate into the future in terms of what it's greenlight. It's like that is something that AI can do. Taylor Thomlinson did a whole thing about this, like, yes, their jobs are the replaceable ones. Yeah, not the writers. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's literally the easiest thing in the world to do, to just regurgitate, which actually brings me to I don't think so honey for me anyway.
Speaker 3: Okaya, do we have one more thing to discuss in the list?
Speaker 2: I could do it as my I don't think so honey, and that could be the jumping off point.
Speaker 3: I love it, okay, because it isn't I don't think so honey for me. Okay, I love it.
Speaker 1: So this is I don't think so honey people, And this is of course our woman segment where we just sort of, you know, have to drag and read and absolutely demolish things in pop culture that are bothering us. And I have to say, the third graders are getting into it this month, later in the month, and I am ready to start the conversation.
Speaker 3: You know what, can I promise you something as a friend, promise me I'm gonna get caught up on Mornings show. You have to and we are going to be able to talk about this and have a dialogue.
Speaker 1: Bowen, I think it's your favorite show that you don't know. I believe it is your favorite show yet.
Speaker 3: I don't mean but.
Speaker 2: That's of course a whole different conversation than them. We're about to be again.
Speaker 3: This is Matt Rodgers. I don't think so money his time starts now.
Speaker 1: I don't think so hrn Samantha coming back too, And just like that season two, I'm sorry, but it feels so stupid to tell us it's definitely not happening.
Speaker 2: It's definitely not happening. It's definitely not happening.
Speaker 1: And then now I don't think, so honey, that we know actually exactly how it's happening. I don't think, so honey, that these these people are hell bent on telling us every single thing that happens. And just like that season two, like we fully know about Aiden, stop teasing us in the trailer we've all seen online that they like pretty much end up together or at least go on like a goddamn vacation together. I don't think, so honey, that we know that where is tension? Where is the idea of surprise? We literally know Samantha is coming back and she's gonna have one scene and it's gonna be on the phone. So now what, Yeah, I guess quote unquote everyone's gonna watch now.
Speaker 2: But I don't think so, honey. Was it struggling in.
Speaker 1: The first place? What is this? Is sex in the city now just a meme generator? Is that what we're fully committing to now Bowen is nodding, And if that's the case, then I guess I think so, honey.
Speaker 3: Third graders go all the way off. But I don't think so, honey, me.
Speaker 2: Who loves sexing this city in the beginning?
Speaker 3: That's one minute. I could not agree with you more. I mean, is sets in the City just meme generator? Now? Yeah? I mean I remember talking to Cynthia Nixon. We didn't actors out of actress together, lovely experience love her. I brought up in a way that like was you know, not like totally honest, but I was like, I hope you guys know that the discourse is a compliment, which is what you and I have said.
Speaker 1: Well, I do think it's a compliment until it gets to a certain place where where I think it's approaching.
Speaker 3: Right, and so then and what she had to say was, you know, like Michael Patrick King the whole time when all like the Chad yet like you know, after Big dies and after all the chade moments, was like, Nope, this is great. After all of us were like, God, what's happening? Like people are really dunking on this, right, he was like, Nope, this is great. We have one water cooler moment after another and after another and after another. And in a way, I feel like the danger there is that the people who make the show are now motivated by those water cooler mobe exclusively, and so they want us to be talking about the Samantha thing as if it's like like that cheapens the experience of watching the show.
Speaker 1: Why would you keep it so she filmed this in March, why would you keep it a secret for all pr rollout? Yes, And I completely understand that, but it's just like, okay, so you would never have told us that Big died in the premiere of season one, right, right, but you would tell us that Samantha is returning when the number one water cooler conversation about the show is will she or will she not return? And in what capacity? So by the same argument, like, should you have told us that Big was gonna die? Like, I guess we quote unquote all would have watched. And some people are saying that because there's a conversation about the quality of and just like that not being up to snuff with sex and the city, that there was going to be a drop off, and so they had to do things like that or this, like in terms of revealing the plot elements. And I'm like, I don't think that's true. I just don't think that if you watched the entirety of it, just like that season one, and you are someone who participates in culture and the consumption of culture in the way this is and this is the monoculture, which is I guess what we're all here for and why we have this in the first place. You're not gonna not watch this show. And if that's the case, then like maybe you do have a quality issue and you have to look at that. But you already told us that Aiden was gonna be there, So why did we need it spoiled for us that Samantha is gonna be there?
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: And it's also like even if you said she's coming back, then just say that don't say it's gonna be one scene in the finale and it's not with the other characters.
Speaker 3: She did not interact with any of her castmates, didn't interact with Michael Patrick King, Patricia Field came back for one scene.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, so it's gonna be a gag. She'll be dressed well whoa Okay, who cares?
Speaker 3: Who cares? Yeah, it's already it's not off to a great start. I mean, we'll all be watching.
Speaker 1: But that's the thing is, it's like we're gonna watch and that's but that's exactly my point.
Speaker 3: I totally understand we were gonna watch. It is people chasing entry into the monoculture at the expense of like an actual enjoyable experience of like consuming it.
Speaker 1: You know, yes, and you know what, wonder what was great about the monoculture or that time. It's like we could watch something and not know what was going to happen. We could watch something and enjoy it altogether and have that cathartic experience altogether. Now what you've done is you've moved that cathartic, like communal experience to like a deadline article, And that sucks a bit.
Speaker 3: Shit it's a bit shit. Beis shit. I can't do it, but.
Speaker 2: That's how I feel about that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm just it was just like, wow, after all of that, you're gonna announce it in the trades in the trade now after you've also used it as like, you know, like a bait and switch all first season long about the text with her and then Carrie being in the same city as her and then meeting like agreeing to meet up, Like now you're gonna announce in the trades.
Speaker 3: It just felt really cheap to me, And.
Speaker 1: Like, this is the thing about like when you talk to Cynthia about like the discord being a compliment.
Speaker 3: The discourse was a compliment.
Speaker 1: Because it was about the wildness of chag Yeah, the craziness of these like women like changing and like not in line with what the original show was doing because it got people to talk about what was happening in the show. This is talking about the macro outside of the show, and that is not interesting.
Speaker 3: That is not interesting.
Speaker 1: It's the equivalent of when you watch a Housewives reunion and all they talk about is social media.
Speaker 3: It's like, it's not fun, it's not interesting. I kind of don't care about behavioral things. No, like about like these like real actors or these real people.
Speaker 1: If we cared, then there would be a demand for like you know, there's like no demand to hear more about the story. I think everyone's just exhausted by it. And so now to hear that, oh, she's coming back, but don't worry. The needle still hasn't moved on anything in terms of the relationships or whatever. Okay, so now it's just like you're reminding us this is not an interesting story for what to come back and do. One scene after, Kim Cattrall has expressly talked about how uncomfortable she is playing the character, like so, what are we supposed to expect that she got a huge payday and you got her or that like she has.
Speaker 2: No integrity, you know what I mean? Like, what is it that we're.
Speaker 3: Saying there's no way it's gonna be worth it? No, Like there's nobody that we watch him. We're like, ugh, that.
Speaker 2: Really she is? And thank god, I know that.
Speaker 3: Scratched something like no way, because you know for a fact that she begrudgingly came back pretty much against her will. I can't even like ethically consume it.
Speaker 1: Watch Glamorous on Netflix later in the month to see Kim Coatrol every episode.
Speaker 3: And Matt Rogers and Joel Kim Mooster in.
Speaker 1: We Are in the eighth episode the season. I did not share scenes with Kim, but Kim is Kim all over that show.
Speaker 3: Kim is in the show.
Speaker 2: She's in it in a major way every episode, even not just.
Speaker 3: One scene, She's in every every episode.
Speaker 1: But watch Sex in the City and just like that, get like get for fifty thousand times more conversation over her one scene than her entire performance in Glamorous. Like it's like, I hope not, but you know, it's just so, you know what, start a new monoculture glamorous.
Speaker 3: Glamorous, Make glamorous part of the monomae.
Speaker 2: Make glamorous part of the monoculture.
Speaker 1: It's rural culture number nine, Make glamorous part of the monoculture. And then in ten years when Kim returns to the Glamorous reboot, I don't want to hear.
Speaker 2: That it's one scene. No should be an old woman.
Speaker 3: Imagine her saying this about him, Zane Phillips. I just wish you were nicer. I just wish you were nicer.
Speaker 1: I just wish you were nicer, and then she tags Zaye on Instagram and say, hey, at Zane Phillips, leave me.
Speaker 3: Alone, do not wish me well? Give them good troll. Okay, shout out to Zaye, shout out to say we love you, Love you boy, love you, love you, love you.
Speaker 1: Okay, So this is your I don't think so, honey. This is your sort of big moment on the episodes of Dragon Rea and are you excited? I'm excited, all right, this is I don't think so, honey. His time starts now.
Speaker 3: I don't think so, honey, saying if you died tomorrow, well, let's hope. I don't you know when people are like, if you die tomorrow, oh my god, I bet you like this is the picture that would like make me happy. I'm gonna say someone said this to me recently. I might have even been my sister yan Yang. I love you so much, but why center a picture of us at Disney World? And she was like, if you die tomorrow, I remember you buy this phote out and go huh huh yeah yeah thirty seconds. Let's hope that doesn't happen. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.
Speaker 2: I don't want to die.
Speaker 3: And this is not this is not an attack on my sister. Oh, this is just people. Why do people say that? Why is that like a phrase in the culture and the English language? If you die tomorrow, I really hope. I don't. Should I be worried? Do you know something? I don't? Doctor? Doctor five seconds? If you ever say to me if you die tomorrow, I will say that's not appropriate.
Speaker 2: I don't think so, honey, that I'll ever say this to you. And that's one minute on you, and I would say this, what are the great tragedies of my life? One day will be your dad.
Speaker 3: No, it will be you die before me. I hope.
Speaker 2: So I'm looking at you in the eyes and saying, I hope.
Speaker 3: The way the universe is working, I think for both of us is that you will not have to suffer sadness. You will not have to suffer that.
Speaker 2: I can't do grief.
Speaker 3: Can I say I can't do it?
Speaker 2: I cannot do it.
Speaker 3: If this is how I act after, like, oh, oh my god, don't even get some other.
Speaker 2: Things in my life, I can't be doing grief. I have to go first. And I'm really apologized, and I understand this is like a morbid thing to even get into. And I don't even like getting into it, but I have to go first.
Speaker 1: All my acquaintances, friends, even my enemies. No, I don't want to say anyone to go. I'd like to go first, please, I don't want to deal. And then y'all have a renaissance concert for my funeral.
Speaker 3: Do the matt Rogers eras do the Matt rod Oh oh, that'll be a great show. That will be a joyful show. Literally after work one day, we're sitting around. Someone asks where do you think we go when we and then we literally go around the circle and then like the conversation shifts too. Someone was like, this is a really wild question, but I'm so curious to know. They were like, have you been in the presence of someone when they passed, like at someone's bedside, and it was three of us. Two of them were like yes, oh my gosh, And I was like and then it made me realize. I was like, I'm sorry, I have nothing to contribute to this, and that's okay. It's not something I've experienced and one day I will. One day I might. And I'm right there with you, my sister.
Speaker 2: You're gonna watch me fire.
Speaker 3: God. I hope we die at the same time, because I literally can't do grief because I'm in my depression era and you are pulling me out of it every moment. I'm with you, but I cannot experience true loss. If my sister goes, I'm done, If my parents go I'm done.
Speaker 2: I don't want it. I don't I'd rather not.
Speaker 3: I'd rather not. And again, Yang, if you're listening, I know you are. That was not I don't think Sony about you. It was just you said that, and I was like, wait a minute.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing, here's the t We're actually both in depression era.
Speaker 1: Your girl, this podcaster is also newly medicated and I'm loving it.
Speaker 2: Yes, but the fact is it's hard. It's difficult to live sometimes.
Speaker 3: And you need Even if Taylor's Hood concert or Beyonce won't be the panacea, it's sisterhood.
Speaker 1: And you cut off my sisterhood. You cut off my life support period starring Queen Latifa.
Speaker 3: Yes, is that is that the movie you interviewed her on?
Speaker 1: So I interviewed her years ago about Secret Life would And one of my favorite stories ever is that I was eighteen years old. I was writing for the NYU newspaper and I was doing the film features and film Revie and I got to see the Secret Life of Bees early and then in part of a group, I got to interview Gina Prince Bythewood, Sophia Canado, and Queen Latifa, and I sort of flopped on Gina and Sophie just because I was nervous and like, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Didn't know how. It wasn't nice to you, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: She wasn't nice.
Speaker 1: It was Another interviewer was like, he cut you off, So do you want to answer that question again? And I was like, oh, I wasn't. Kind of I didn't mean to, but it was a flop. So que Latifa comes in and she's luminous, she's super star, she is platinum blonde hair, it's everything she's in her Secret Life of Bees bad bag. So then at the end, everyone's like lining up to get their like press packet signed. Yeah, and everyone that's going up to her is like, I love this movie and I love you in Chicago. I love you in Chicago. I love you in Chicago. She goes yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. So I'm like, I'm really about to gag her a bit. So I go up to her and I say, I just want to say I loved you in Life Support. And she looked up and she looked me in the eyes and she said, thank you so much, baby, you got the baby.
Speaker 3: And I said, I know that's right. I said, I know that's right. That's you know how to connect.
Speaker 2: I said, I'm saying the AIDS movie that I genuinely love.
Speaker 3: Of course, and then she goes, this man genuinely loved the AIDS movie.
Speaker 1: She said, this gay boy watched the AIDS movie that I was in, and I'm gonna thank him and I'm gonna look him in his eyes. I'm gonna swipe my platinum blonde hair out of my face in my Secret.
Speaker 2: Life of Bee's bag and call him baby.
Speaker 3: And say thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 3: I love that story so much. We end every episode with the song when You're Good, So Good.
Speaker 1: To get more of that song, Watch Chicago, starring Queen La Diva and Richard Gere, Bye Bye,