Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. Cowboys blowing out of the backfield ex flowing down the sideline.
Speaker 2: He is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Wingstuck where flavor gets its wings. Now, your hosts, Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon Gross.
Speaker 3: What's going on across to it? We are back with you get minus one today. That's a love look at Thetito Championship plausa. Well the tree will be at That's a loud look of the tree. We're doing time lapse right, apparently apparently doing the time lapse of the tree. Where today's degrees are a high of sixty three currently fifty nine degree is a low of thirty seven. It's skin, a little coal outside, little nip, little nip. I don't mind a little nip. I don't mind a little nip. Don't mind it, don't little nip. But he is Nate Newton. That is Kurt Daniels in the back you cannot see is the great Chris Beam. I am Zaddie Holly. Together we make Hanging with the Boys the sports equivalent of brown people. Feel us when we speak, and each and every day our show is brought to you by Wing Stop where Flavor gets its.
Speaker 4: Big This week, Cook Cook, we need you.
Speaker 3: We do. We need cook we need we need cooking to be cooking. We need Dak to be cooking. We need CD to be cooking. We need a bunch of guys be cooking. But I would be remissed as the host of this show today and as a DFW transplant, I would be remissed if I did, if I burned the lead. I know that we are here to talk Cowboys Eagles. I know that we are always here to talk football. But an historic thing happened last night. For the first time in franchise history. Yours hours, the Now Worlds and Texas Rangers are twenty twenty three World Series champions. Kurt, I know that's that is Deer.
Speaker 4: That's real.
Speaker 3: There was big near Deer. That's real, right, dear Deer.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna be here tomorrow. Fellers.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's real, right there, We'll give you that like, that's real.
Speaker 3: I know that's real.
Speaker 4: See I can't be fake, so they ain't my team. But yes, that's real.
Speaker 3: That's why I passed into the kurr.
Speaker 4: Huh, say, what what did I do wrong?
Speaker 3: Mike talking to you like, oh, come on, man, like, just just walk us through, take us through that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it was awesome, you know, just seeing it finally it was quite quite experienced. How many years it was actually at the game?
Speaker 3: So nice time they were in. So they were in. Yeah, he's big money down there at the day was money. Can't hide it can't. In fact, you shouldn't hide it, right, you shouldn't it.
Speaker 4: Well, stop hiding it, Holliday and get you.
Speaker 3: I'm holding it. I'm holding it. I ain't said I was hiding, and I'm just holding on you. I know I share.
Speaker 4: I should know you share what I'm saying. Don't hold on.
Speaker 3: I know it's coming. I've been looking, Yeah, I'm looking.
Speaker 4: How many years though? How many years did you work from?
Speaker 5: How I worked from for about eight?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 5: So yeah, before that, I was a fan. So pretty cool?
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty cool. Texas Rangers twenty twenty three World Series champions. It was you know, I'm a I'm not a diehard baseball fan. I'm a casual baseball fan, transparant like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but enjoying it.
Speaker 3: But I enjoy I enjoyed, you know, the relationships I built over time with baseball baseball players, the organization, and be able to to watch it happen and it was. I mean, this season has its highs and lows, and it's ups and downs. It's great win streaks, win streaks, and it's not so great win streaks the way the year ended, and then you I think that the greatest. There's two things that I that really I appreciated just as a former player, as an athlete. There's two things. One was the ability for Bochi to come in and kind of being that zen master right to pulling all the right strings and the right pieces, because that's huge to a champion. You know this to a championship team. Coaching makes a difference not only not only acquiring the talent, but how to manage the talent when you know how to talk to the talent, because certain guys you can talk to certain ways. Some guys, you know, I can't come down hard on this, dude, because I was losing more than I already got and I already lost them. Some guys need that, that tough love and they appreciate that. Sound like that, dude, Yeah, Sometimes some people need that sometimes sometimes a little pound, little pound go a long way, but lock an attitude right about you. Yeah, there was two things I said. Oh and then the ability to go on the road. Ye like to win every single one of their games on the road. That's that's really unheart I don't, I don't. I'm not a baseball historian, but I doubt that it's ever been done on a road to winning winning a World Series, that you win every single game on the road.
Speaker 4: None at home.
Speaker 3: But what was it one?
Speaker 4: There wasn't game one?
Speaker 3: Game one? Yeah, but for the most you went every single game on the road. And hey, congratulations, congratulations to the world champion.
Speaker 4: Yes, Texas Rangers for the fans man.
Speaker 5: The road, win this Sunday. That'd be nice.
Speaker 4: Oh that's that's on the way, though I didn't.
Speaker 3: Whenever whenever Nick gets into that into that bag, it's always a little bit, it's always a little bit scary.
Speaker 4: You know why, mister.
Speaker 1: Holly, I missed, Hollis I'm serious, looking, Yeah, miss.
Speaker 4: Three or four shows me and you do know me, and you will go get it.
Speaker 1: There, three or four shows out of listen to three or four shows.
Speaker 4: And no one is picking us like I feel like I'm the lone ranger.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm the lone ranger the odd nobody's picking us.
Speaker 3: Well, let's talk about it more as we go into this game. Cowboys verse the Philadelphia Eagles at the Link, Philadelphia, three o'clock Central Time, game four pm Eastern time. Let's talk a little bit about Jalen Hurts and it's Philadelphia offense, and I'm gonna I'm gonna pass it and share it with you guys before I give my take on what I saw on film. You know, Kurt put put something that was pretty interesting in the notes and I will let we'll elaborate off that. But the Eagles are top ten in both rushing and passing. Can we the Cowboys make them one dimensional?
Speaker 4: We have to. We have no other choice.
Speaker 1: They cannot run the football, Please please, they cannot run the football. The reason I'm the reason I'm saying that history has shown the Dallas Cowboys whenever a winning team and I ain't looked this up, just my eyes tend to mean this. Whenever he winning team, a team with one or two games better than five.
Speaker 4: Hundred rush for more than one hundred and twenty yards, we do not win. That is just what I believe.
Speaker 1: We cannot let them rush anywhere near one hundred and twenty yards. We gonna have to put pressure on Jalen because when he's when he pure pressure is applied, he's around fifty fifty two percent. He's got six touchdowns and five interceptions. You know, I found it out from Isaiah stand back this morning. He brought it up, and I'm like, wow, that's good to know. That's good to know that if we put pressure on this kid, you know, and take away, slow down the run pass option. You know, you can't really stop it, but slow it down. And every chance you get to hit this young man, you have to hit him.
Speaker 5: So is it like just keep him to one hundred yards?
Speaker 6: Is it got to be if you know fifty yards?
Speaker 4: You know what I want is the average not to be great?
Speaker 1: Say they round three point three point seven, three point si somewhere around there.
Speaker 4: You know, we have to allow our strength, and that's to rush the pass or to take effect.
Speaker 1: And the only way we can do that is we cannot cannot let them run the ball.
Speaker 3: And far as running the ball, for the Philadelphia Eagles, they use a trio of running backs with the lead dog being DeAndre Swift. They use Keniff gainwell more so in the passing game, and then they'll sprinkle in Boston Scott here and there. But what I've seen from this team as far as running is one of the things that I think a lot of teams that program into their mind is that you worry about the running backs, but then you also worry about who Jalen Hurts is as a runner.
Speaker 4: Yes, now.
Speaker 3: He's been a little bit sensitive about what he's been saying about this is supposed broom bruces knee injury that he's having. But again, I do always feel like it's the Cowboys. So whatever they have to pull out of, you know, injuries, whatever it is, whatever they have to do to get over that stuff, they'll get back to a point of Jalen Hurst being a running component in this offense. When you look at the way the Cowboys that played them in the past, they've used our aggression, our over aggressiveness, Micah Parsons in particular, to set up those RPOs that they use. One of the things that I've seen on film that they've done more so this year that they have in the past is I call them when I played. We call them long handoffs. That's when you see the screen game, right, You see this, You see the bubble screens, you see the tight end screens. And they use them on first down, they use them on second down, they use them on any down. But to me, it's it's an extension of the handoff because it's behind a line of scrimmage. And now I know they counted as a pass, but it's I get the ball right now I get into space. You'll see a lot of Swift and company. They'll run vertical corraupes to get everything lifted, and they'll take the running back and they'll just line them up boot he'll sit right over the center. They'll dump the ball to them. And now what you've created is this opportunity of space and opportunity. And when one of the running backs catch the ball, it's turning. Now you have to have a linebacker make the tackle on a two way go. So they're using these different components to what I look.
Speaker 4: At it as.
Speaker 3: Here are other ways that we technically run the football, right, you know, because they do most of their work they're twelve personnel team, they're twelve personnel team, eleven personnel team. But eighty five to ninety percent of the time you're going to see two tight ends, one running back, two wide receivers. That's twelve personnel, and they use that personnel a lot, and they kind of low you to sleep a little bit. With Goddard. They'll have him been blocking. They have n't been blocking, to have him been blocking. Boot quick pass to them, they'll block them to block and block them, tightened screen to them, right. So they'll use different components and mechanisms with the tight ends they'll use and they'll bring what's the other receiver's name, Smith, No, not, they'll use DeVante said, but but the Zacharias, they'll use him sometimes in the screen game. They'll use aj Brown in the screen game. To me, the screen game is just an extension of what they want to do in the running game. It's how can I get those guys the ball right now? And then what Jalen Hurts they make you play eleven on eleven football. That's one of the ways that they can hurt you is if they decide to deploy Jalen Hurts as a runner. And it's been kind of eh, it hasn't been as forceful as it has been in the past. He'll run if things break down, But as him being a run knee a runner, it's been a little bit down since since the supposed knee injury, So that's something that we have to look out for. And then, of course you get to the passing game. The passing game is going to be key. It's going to be crucial because I think Jalen Hurts has developed into a decent passer. I'm not gonna say he's elite. I'm not gonna go elite. That's not I'm not going there. I think he has I think every year when we first came in, we thought he's a runner. He's a runner. He's a runner, he's a he's an athletic quarterback. Right He's becoming more now than a quarterback that has athleticism. He's taking those steps to get.
Speaker 6: To a would you consider him and maybe this is for after the break, but would you consider him the best quarterback going these days?
Speaker 5: Maybe not as a pure passer, but overall.
Speaker 3: All Right, that's a great question.
Speaker 4: Let's do this.
Speaker 3: Let's take a break, because I do want to break the passing game. Now, we'll answer that question on the other side of this break. We'll get more into Eagles offense Cowboys defense as we get ready for this heavy This is a heavyweight fight, ladies and gentlemen, This heavyweight fight happening this Sunday in Philadelphia. Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles. That's Nate, He's Kurt, I'm Jesse. This is hanging with the boys. We'll be right back. Fall is here.
Speaker 2: That means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Lay Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamole made with real half avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouthwatering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section. Grab some today.
Speaker 7: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages for pregame sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the Team Hotel, Attend the best tail game party in Texas.
Speaker 8: Tour the Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Walls.
Speaker 7: With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 9: See if gig has your back, no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a die hard fan or a dog worthy care fan, we got them next time fan or we'll never win again fan Here for the Tailgaate fan or a first one through the Gates fan. The seat Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So, whether you're a Here of a Week fan or haven't been here in years fan, Seat Geeg has you covered? Download the seat Geek after they seed Geek, You're a ticket the great Dallas Cowboys Seats.
Speaker 10: How's wing stop sound, crispy, juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauceed tossed and those eleven soul satisfying clays paired with handcut, seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop range, and of course, spicy Cajun fried cool.
Speaker 3: I think you've heard enough. Get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot com. Back Hanging with the Boys. Welcome back to Hanging with the Boys. We are short our captain today, short our captain. I don't know, ye, you'll catch it later on. Shannon under the bus, he would be able to walk under the bus, will I gotta throw him something lower than that. I gotta they gotta be like a train track or something.
Speaker 6: I should say, you had some weird illness or something, but you've taken care of that fine, I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've already, I've already.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Of course he didn't think he was gonna get to this entire show. And I not say nothing about his absence, No, absolutely. This segment is brought to you by Blockchain Blockchain blockchain dot Com. As we continue to break down the Cowboys defense and the Philadelphia Eagles offense as they get ready for this amazing This is this is this was probably for me. This is just just just me personally. This is probably the second game that I had circled on the proverbial cow Cowboys calendar. First was forty nine ers. That that was we looked, we looked at that one, and that was like, you know, that's when the brother meets the rod and uh to use the term that your boy Patrick, no c uh uses that this is the mid term. This is this is the mid term. They failed the first testing and the niners this is their their mid term, right, this is an opportunity.
Speaker 4: To pick up pick up a got an F and that didn't pick up a A.
Speaker 3: I mean listen, and then you get another chance at the end of the year to kind of really before the semester close, you know what I'm saying, and everything else is in between, the can kind of kind of be some extra credit points. You know you beat Yeah, the.
Speaker 5: First one was an F, y A or nothing or if they pull out a they got or something.
Speaker 4: Win.
Speaker 3: No, you gotta win.
Speaker 4: Gotta win.
Speaker 3: The win is the only way. There's no moral victory. No, your profession ain't never gave you a moral b. You ain't got him. You ain't never got that GPA, ain't never been like, well, you know, we're not going to give you your your degree, but morally, you know you came, you saw you conquered kinda so, But to Kurt's question before we went to the break, was is Jalen Hurts the best quarterback going right now. It's hard, and it's just flashed up on the screen. It's hard when you talk about quarterback and quarterback play. It's hard to put anyone above the alien in Kansas City. I mean, he's right, it's it's difficult. It becomes it becomes difficult to put anyone individually above him like he is him. He can truly carry a team, he yes, and we're seeing it. We're seeing him in Travis Kelce, especially when when Tite is in attendance, literally carry their football team to victories. But I think for Jalen Hurts, and you tell me, Nate is Jalen Hurts. He's not the best. Where do you kind of see Jalen Hurts his progression? Where how far he's come and and and kind of where it is he the best quarterback in the NFC East?
Speaker 4: Hands down? Hands now?
Speaker 1: He the best quarterback in the nfcast He the best quarterback in the East.
Speaker 3: Is he the best quarterback in the NFC?
Speaker 1: NFC Yes, okay, yeah, because you know you got the alien, like you say, Mahomes, then you got the kid that since and.
Speaker 4: Now I don't care this dude, This dude is Joe Burrow. He is something different.
Speaker 1: And now this is the first time ever Lamar Jackson is it's lead for the first time in my book, for the first time elver.
Speaker 4: But I can't eat six stay. We will find out interesting.
Speaker 3: And as we continue to break down Philadelphia's offense, I wanted to get more into the passing game. But before I do that, Nate just kind of give give us something on the offensive line. Now, we talked about Philly's offensive line. We talked about Jalen Hurst might not being elite, but there aren't too many offensive lines as a whole that are better than the Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 1: The right guard, the right tacker. As a man, he's a man, full grown. And I don't think that our number one.
Speaker 4: Pass rusher got that would be Lane Johnson, and Johnson he's elite.
Speaker 1: So don't don't waste your time. If every snap you raced over there, it's like Jesse saying, you dropping back. Now we're going to dropped back in his zone because you're kind of wasting your time.
Speaker 4: He kind of know you.
Speaker 3: So you're saying, Michael Parsons.
Speaker 1: Michael Parsons, don't don't maybe one or two times just to keep it even.
Speaker 5: You know another guy in the slouch in another end is.
Speaker 4: Yeah a lota, you can move it. He can't move his feet.
Speaker 1: But now if he if he can cheat the snap, which both of their tackles are great at cheating the snap, if he get out there, he gonna make you come to his body and you ain't running.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of right. And they got the best center in football.
Speaker 3: Who doesn't need it.
Speaker 4: Right, So if he but but if you.
Speaker 1: Put someone on his head and just bring it full board every every snap, that's why I would use Mazie. Mazie, come on, man, you like just beating up a guy. Come beat up this guy. You know, I'm just being honest. They got the best center in the game, and the two guards are good, but they are great because of the other three guys.
Speaker 5: So how do you attack the two guards with the other three guys can put the pressure on.
Speaker 1: If we had that mac truck look like most good teams have where they put a guy with the center, guy with both guards. A but a few teams can do that, and Philly is one of those teams that can line that up. I would like for us to do that. You know, put three heavy hitters.
Speaker 3: Right over there.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, and uh in Gallimore, put them guys and just line them up and you know, and then put your guys out.
Speaker 4: Whye your two best rush guys out? Why to let them go?
Speaker 1: That's if you can be successful on first and second down, and that has been the problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you look at what this team is now from a passing standpoint, A J. Brown is on a tear like let's just let's just call it.
Speaker 9: What it is.
Speaker 3: And we were talking about elite, this elite, that elite, this elite that A J. Brown is in the conversation as if not the best receiver in the league, it's him Tyreek Hill.
Speaker 4: Like I don't in Tyreek Hill him, and then everybody else sir, yes.
Speaker 3: He'll be the toughest they've they've seen. And we joked about it about you know, sometimes a little bit complaining can go a long way. After he had that situation with Dayalen Hurts on the sideline six seven weeks ago, he is turned on to a different level. And I was literally thinking about this last night. I thought about it again in the shower. No, I was not thinking about a man in the shower. I was thinking about a concepts around the men that I'm getting ready to talk about in the shower, because I was saying, like, all right, how can I say this and it not be misinterpreted for something else, not the shower situation. What I'm about to say it already miss But I kept going back from that, and I just said, you know what I'm I'm Jesse Holly, I say things. I'm Zaddie. My show was called on the field, Just say it. And I thought to myself, the cowboys in the secondary, they do not have a player, man for man that can stop a J. Brown.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: See see look you are, You've already missed it. I'm talking about the folks and the man in the room right next to me. You've already missed. Here's what I'm saying. Am I saying that dron Bland can't win some battles? Not saying that? Am I saying that Gilly can't win some I know there's a there's a video out there floating about what Gilly did when they were when he was with the coach, and that was eons ago. It feels like I'm saying that where AJ Brown is right now, as a player.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, if.
Speaker 3: You lined him up and matched him up with anybody in our secondary over just man and man coverage, they would lose more than they would win. And that's not just our secondary, right, that's the Giants, that's Washington. Pick a team.
Speaker 5: So is it pick a team when you do it in zone or you bring the guy over to help, or.
Speaker 3: You have to mix it up and you have it starts up front, right, You have to figure out ways to pressure Jalen Hurts. When Jalen Hurts is going backwards, he's not an accurate quarterback. What they do with Aj Brown is they're going to throw the ball to him. He is You know what it reminded me of I played with Des. I played football with Des Bryant, and there was a stretch of football where Dez was so unguardable when you threw the ball vertically down the field one guy, two guys, it didn't matter if you gave him a chance to go up and get the football. He was winning a large percentage of the time. Like that, to me is the mode that Aj Brown is in right now. Where he is physical, he's big, he's strong, he's fast, he's physical at the point of attack when the ball, when he's when the ball is in the air, it don't matter if you pulling his face mask, if you're grabbing his arms, if you hanging on his back. I mean, it is a strong, strong catch every single time when they line um up on the left side. I know, we've heard many shows talk about it. When they line him up on the left side, that's when they take their shots. I've called multiple receivers. I've called multiple quarterbacks just asking the question. Some quarterbacks said, when you throw that. If I'm a right handed quarterback, if I'm throwing the ball to the left, the trajectory is an easier trajectory than is when I throw it to the right, I can line it up differently to that arch to where I can miss the way I miss. If I miss a little bit inside, I can see it, but I can kind of get it over to wherever I'm throwing it down the right hash I kind of my arc is different, you know. Also it's kind of when I open up my step, it just it just flows better. Some receivers like to catch the ball over there right shoulder. It becomes easier catch when you catch it over your right shoulder, oppose the catching it over your left shoulder. So it's it was a back and forth conversation. But a J Brown and Jalen Hurts when he's on the left hand side, that's where that is going up. And that's Duran Bland. And if there's we talk about how Dron Bland continued on having the success of taking the football away like Diggs. The one of one of the other things that Dron Blank kind of adopted with Diggs. You can beat them on a double move. It happens that way. So for me, I think, yeah, Malie Hooker, you gotta be a little bit more shaded to that side especially. But again, they move him around, they put him in motion, they put him in orbit motion, they line him up tight formations like and that's that. That is the gift of the New Age NFL is that you're able to line these guys up in these different formations in different places where it becomes difficult to jam at the line of scrimmage or to because if I line him up, if I line AJ Brown in a in a tight formation or a bunch formation, if he's not the point of the formation, then automatically the coverage means he's off. And then now if I have a bunch of room to the sideline, what is that? How do the safety how do you have to play? Because if I got some, if I got some vertically coming at you, you have to maintain your integrity to the vertical route coming at you. And it kind of almost limits what you can do out there with AJ Brown. But he's gonna win some. I hope that that that the ron Blam wins some. But it's gonna be I mean, it's gonna be difficult to stop AJ Brown, like, go ahead, Well, it.
Speaker 6: Just seems like he opens it up for his other of the receivers too. I mean DeVante Smith's sixty yards a game where our second receivers ever, and you're in thirty two yards again, I mean is that the case?
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, all focused, Yeah, all eyes are focused on him. The tight end gets involved in it. You know, Dallas Gollard, they run the over route, they run the quick out routes. With these guys, it gives Jalen Hurts the opportunity to have three levels worth of options. The backs are always there for a checkdown, the tight ends are on that intermediate show we got fifteen more minutes.
Speaker 5: Forty five yards a game. Our tight ends thirty three yards game.
Speaker 4: I mean it just can we can we leave?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 3: Why you want to go? I mean I'm gonna talk about our defense in a good way as well too. We have some matchups.
Speaker 5: Don't get depressed.
Speaker 1: I mean, this dude's been talking for thirty five minutes about the same old Come on, man, change the script.
Speaker 3: All right, Davante Smith, Stephan Gilbot, You're gonna have a day, my boy.
Speaker 4: It's it's great stuff.
Speaker 3: This will be this will be another Offensively, this team may not have the schematic, intelligence, style and flare of the forty nine ers, it might be more talented.
Speaker 4: Player for player, Like definitely.
Speaker 5: Their offense is like last in motion and that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: So player for player, I think this quarterback, receivers, running backs, tight ends, definitely, offensive line is is more talented man for man than what the Niners were. But it's gonna, it's gonna, it's gonna for this Cowboys team. It's always gonna end up being one of the Cowboys. Defense is always gonna end up being can you stop the run? Yes, sir, because they're gonna test it they're gonna test it. And it reminds me when we go back and think about might have been a year or two ago and they had they had these two significant drives. They had a drive in the first half and the night they did the same thing. And they had a drive in the second half that was like six to eight minutes long and it was like eleven straight runs. Remember that drive And to me, I never forgot that drive because they didn't have a great running game, but it was the drive that said we need to put in a four minute drive, a man drive, and you know what's coming, and we know the drive is coming, what are you gonna be able to do to stop it? And there was nothing that we were able to do to stop that drive. And they went down it. It was either touchdown or field goal, and it kind of stealed the deal, you know what I mean. And so they don't they didn't forget that. Still players are still there that did that. So for the Cowboys, it's gonna be a lot of stopping you know that front. We'll take our last break when we come back, we'll talk. We'll talk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, boy, you talk and talk just equally. I was asked about our defense equally are better.
Speaker 4: Thank you. Yes.
Speaker 3: On the other side of this break, this is hanging with the boys. We'll be right back.
Speaker 4: Feel you. I want to feel.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: And they snapped the fresh dout who looks right, that's not there. He escaped, flapped. He'll run for a push down.
Speaker 8: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 2: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 8: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 3: How's wing stout sound?
Speaker 10: Christy juicy classic wings, made to order, cook to perfection and sauceed. Toss in those eleven soul satisfying players headed with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature wing stop range, and of course spicy Cajun fried course. I think you've heard enough. Get your flavored delivered at westop dot com.
Speaker 9: Seat Geek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a die hard fan or a dog with a care fan, we got them next time fan or we'll never win again fan. Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat Geek not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here every week fan or haven't been here in years fan, see geek has you covered. Download the sea Geek after the seed Geek, you're a ticket They're great Dallas Cowboys seats.
Speaker 11: James right here. You're a twenty twenty two Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. Do you know how much I love my Cowboys? And I am thrilled to be talking to you about the twenty twenty three Fan of the Year Award, presented by Captain Morgan. We're looking for the ultimate Cowboys fan to spice up the game. That means you eat, sleep, and breathe the Dallas Cowboys. If that's you, or if you know someone like me, then go to Dallascowboys dot com. Slash Fan of the Year and you could win tickets to Super Bowl fifty eight and so much more.
Speaker 4: Enter today, back Hanging with the Boys. Hello, this segment is brought to you by Jigsaw.
Speaker 1: This is Hanging with the Boys, and Jesse just gave you fifteen minutes of just uncut greatness on one guy aj Brown, and now he's finna present to you the Dallas Cowboys defense.
Speaker 3: Go Jesse, you can actually do this, bro.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can do it. I want you to do it.
Speaker 3: You can actually do this.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 11: That was good.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: I saw the official dating app of the.
Speaker 4: Dallas cous Right, here's Jesse, Here's Jesse. Yeah, here's Kurt. Come home up, Fred, What do you want from me?
Speaker 1: Everything you just gave us about the offense and then wide receiver give us to the Parsons and kind of question.
Speaker 6: Okay, So I was reading on the Eagles website. They're worried about the Cowboys speed on defense. There's a lot of stunts. Well, obviously they you know, they linebackers and chosen speed. When you're playing a big, physical team like Philly. Does that speed help or hurt?
Speaker 3: Speed always helps when it's going in the right direction.
Speaker 4: Yes, it does.
Speaker 3: Discipline. Speed always helps, yes, yeah, but the Eagles have used.
Speaker 5: That against explain more going in the right direction.
Speaker 3: So one of the things that the Eagles did to the Cowboys a few times, you know, it was Michael We talked about it is Michael Parsons. He's such a he's such an athlete, and he wants to he wants to do well a lot of times. But it's like, all right, Michael, if you have outside containment, then I know that it may feel like you can beat them inside with speed, but when you go inside with speed, you give about side containment. And when they get into those RPOs, you have to be patient enough to say, Okay, I understand who has the running back, and I also understand that who has the quarterback, and you can't you can't get going so fast that you go get the running back and you forgot, oh, I supposed to have quarterback and now he running around the sideline for a first down or for a big play, right, you know, shaves back to shaves back to Josh Dobbs on the first play of the game running down the side line for forty seven yards. It's ah, you're going so fast and you know you're going with. I know where you're going, but I ain't where you're supposed to be going. Your assignment was to hold containment. That that's the biggest thing is is the speed is there because when they have to go back to pass. This is why the Philadelphia like to use those screens, those quick passes to negate that speed to negate those things happening up front, right Because if you're coming quick on the inside and I get it to the outside, now you got to put your foot in the ground and reroute and run all the way twenty five yards out there. The residual's effect of that all throughout the game wears you down because I'm chasing. I'm chasing him a three hundred pounds a lotta I got to run out here because the screen is still out here. I'm still to the go. You know, eleven guys to the football that wears you down over the course.
Speaker 4: Of a game.
Speaker 3: I'm giving you.
Speaker 4: No no, I want to hear.
Speaker 3: Do I get your ten dollars?
Speaker 1: You get it every bit of Just tell us for the next three or four minutes, how great the Dallas defense.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Cowboys defense. Finally, of course it starts it starts begins the middle in the end with Michael Parsons, and I am with you one hundred percent. I think one of the ways that you uh that you use Michael Parsons, you continue to use Michael Parsons in the way that you've used him before to your point earlier, which I would disagree with. I want to take and do what we've done a lot of time, what we did in the Rams game with Michaeh is I want to line up those other two defensive ends over the guards. Then have my other ends kind of in that WY nine where I mean outside of the tackles, and then I want to line Micah up right over Jason Kelce because and then I want to stunt with those guys, because when I stunt, what happens is when I stunt, those guards can't come in and give excuse me, Jason Kelsey help. When there's a stunt happening on our side, I have to sit and tell me if I'm wrong. But as a guard, I gotta sit and wait for it. If that guy goes away, my mind is telling me somebody's coming back, right So before I can kind of give my body help to the to the center. I gotta sit and maintain. I might be able to give an arm, but I gotta sit and maintain because I know that that defensive end is coming back into this space. What does that create if I now have Jason Kelce with those two guards spread out, because those the tackles have lined up wise, So I gotta split. I gotta make my split wide. I give a two way go. Now, you can't do whatever single time, but I think that is a way that you can. You can get the pressure on the jailing hurts. Have him now run you want to chase him into those defensive ends that are coming up the field or those tackle that now come out and loop looped around.
Speaker 5: Let me let me ask you this.
Speaker 6: We've already you were saying that the guards or the weak spot of the line. Is there a way to run the stunt where you're getting Parsons one on one with one of the guards instead of Kelsey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've done it. We've we've done it before. It's it's when you see you'll see Micah. Sometimes he'll come, he'll have his hand in the dirt and he'll be an end on one side, and then what will happen is the same thing, the same tackle stunt. But now I'll take a guy like Hankins and put him over the over the center. You know, I'll make him a nose and I'll say, here's what you're supposed to do. Hank You get on and you latch on to Kelsey, and I don't care about nothing else. Your job is now to drive him back.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: You ain't got responsibility, no responsibility, because now what I want is I want that center to be drove back and again once that tackle now has to bump out because that down lineman looped, Kelsey's occupied. The guard now is sitting there waiting for whatever comes back underneath. Out of that twist, the twisting guy you now make Michael Parsons, and that now gives him a two way go at the guard. So there's waves that you can do it, and they've done it with Michael Parsons before. But what you have to no, don't come in and talk now.
Speaker 8: No. No.
Speaker 3: What you have to do though, is you got they got me talking offensive line. You got a six times super Bowl champion.
Speaker 1: I just want to hear what you had. Give me, give me some props on your on my defense. But anyway, what you have to do is first and second down is so key. Now for what he's talking about, we're talking about six or more. We need them in third and six. We need them in second and six. You know, even though they will run on those downs, you got to put them in longer, long situations. If you put them in short situations, none of this works. None of this works. You at the end of this game, if they have seven, eight or nine third down situations, you want them to be at thirty percent. You want them to be at thirty percent. That means that's that's loan yardage that they're looking at. So in order for all this now, I just wanted Jesse because he has that capability. I mean you you you you kissed all over aj I wanted you to kiss all over our defense.
Speaker 4: Man, for real, you you hurt me then? Man, it's like every show I'm on now, I just feel like I'm a lost soul.
Speaker 3: Bro, We'll speak up.
Speaker 4: I'm a lost soul.
Speaker 3: Speak up, Just speak up.
Speaker 5: Tell us your thoughts on the defense and on our defense.
Speaker 4: We're great, We're great.
Speaker 1: We've shot down to run in the last two games where we're playing Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: See you're doing Whether Cowboys, Whether cow again where the Cowboys are really good at and I love the stuff that you put in their curve. The Cowboys are first in the league and stunts their top ten league in blitches and allowing that to be a part of what they do. And there are there are opportunities because here's when you get Jalen Hurts in trouble. And I think we have the ability to do so. Jalen Hurts is a one read quarterback. He's not a quarterback that's sitting back there and he's scanning the field for three or four five reads. They've simplified his offense and here's where you're going with the football. Here's the look that we want. If it's not there, you'll start see him kind of like backpedal, backpedal trying to mix something not of nothing or til eventually we throw the ball out of bounds. We have to and we've done this two quarterbacks. We have to hurry their process. We have to hurry up Jalen Hurts. We have to take away option number one for Jalen Hurts. When he lines up and he looks out there, he can't get the ball and throw the quick out to the tight end. He can't throw that ten yard speed out to Davonte Smith. He can't have the option. Now, the screen play, you can't do nothing about the screenplays, the bubble screens. What you can do is, I can defeat which Dron Bland has been really good at. I mean exceptional, I mean really really really, really really really good at defeating the blocker in the bubble screens. The Marquise Bell has been really good at defeating linemen, getting to the backfield, defeating the blocks. This team has been really good at that in those key spots. Stefan give him On not so much, but Deron Blan, He's been really good at it. He's been really, really really good at it, defeating that initial block and then blowing up that. You know, but this is gonna be this is gonna be a big game for a guy like Jayron Curse. This is gonna be this is gonna be a game practice, I know, with a toe injury, but this is gonna be a big game for jay Ron Curse.
Speaker 4: I just know.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, he's just giving you the I think this is going to be a really good game for for jay Ron kurtse he's gonna he's gonna have his playful dealing with Dallas Goddard and such. But yeah, this this, this is a good football team we're playing. It makes no make no bones about it. This is a good, good football team.
Speaker 4: So you think we should move the Rangers parade to Sunday?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, get that out the way. Get some joy out the way, because you might not have no joy on Sunday.
Speaker 4: You're just by that game is going on. If he ain't doing speeches and I can't get nobody to ride with me, man Chris Bean riding with me?
Speaker 3: Chris Bean, how do you feel about the game?
Speaker 12: I'm scared as Hello, Shannon will be back tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Will take your phone calls tomorrow. Eighty eight eight five five to to Reverend past Pastor James Sleeve.
Speaker 4: Jo, Yeah, wow, yeah.
Speaker 3: Pray for pray for Nate tonight.
Speaker 4: Please. I feel like a lost soul.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 3: Shannon will be back hopefully tomorrow.
Speaker 4: He will be back tomorrow. Okay, so he has computer? Jump, computer is out of here. Jump did you see Twitter computer?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 4: My boy?
Speaker 3: Computer? Has that trade? The Cowboys didn't make no moves in the trade. Deadline and computer is done.
Speaker 4: That's two years in a row.
Speaker 3: Yeah, computer here, we love you, buddy. They love you computer. They love.
Speaker 4: Now I'm messing with you. They love your computer.
Speaker 3: All right, man, Appreciate you.
Speaker 4: Appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Nate, Chris, thank you for being here for the jokes and keeping us up and running the back on somebody whoa you one?
Speaker 4: He let.
Speaker 3: You go home and do one of the shadow go home and pull a shddy. Thanks for jazz, Thanks for everybody that keeps us up and running. The most importantly think you the fans. So make this number one show. Watch via YouTube on the dot com network. That is Kurt, He is Nate, I am Zaddie Holly. Until tomorrow, man, This is Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.