Speaker 1: This is the almost famous podcast with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Almost Famous to OG's. It is Bob and Trista and Ladies and Gentlemen. We are recapping jones huge Golden Bacherette finale last night. I mean, honestly, that was next level stuff.
Speaker 3: I'm so freaking happy for her. I just ye oh gosh, I adore her and I I've been playing ketchup, so I haven't seen some of the episodes, but I watched.
Speaker 1: The finale last night because I feel like, I, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Had talked to her, so yeah, but I just want to see, like what kind of transpired, what happened. But I am just overall just so happy for her. I feel like it came up numerous times throughout the season, where you know, and and she said on Golden Bachelor, I feel invisible. I totally I related to that, even though I have not, thank god, lost a husband or a partner and am not as old as her. Although we are very close to we are very close. We are very close.
Speaker 1: We're closer to them.
Speaker 3: Than we are to the Yeah you know, yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: So you know, I.
Speaker 3: Heard her when she said she felt invisible. I heard her this season when she said that she felt like she was being selfish by looking for somebody else to love in life, you know, and that she didn't want to replace John. But but yet she felt guilty for looking for somebody to make her happy for the rest of her life. And that just makes me so sad because I'm sure she is not alone. There have got to be millions of people who feel that way.
Speaker 1: That they feel like.
Speaker 3: First of all, they don't deserve it for whatever reason, which is so sad to me, And then that they feel selfish, that they give of their life every day to their family, to their job, to whatever, and that they don't feel like like they're like they're being selfish if they're looking for love again. So I love that she found it.
Speaker 2: I know me too, I agree with you, I mean, Joan, I think put a little bit of a magnifying glass on that for a lot of us, because you know, I mean, you hear about it with actresses, you hear about it with you know, people that you know, when they reach a certain age, they feel like they've almost been like pushed aside for the younger, you know, demographic or whatever it might be. And she she kind of put a little bit of a magnifying glass on that, and to a certain degree, I think for me, even made me think about my mom differently, Like I had to look at my mom and go Oni and my dad died a few years ago, and my mom, you know, she doesn't. I mean, she she's wonderful with my kids and stuff like that, but that doesn't that's not how she, you know, has to live the rest of her life is being an on call babysitter, you know. And I mean don't even said that. She's like, I love my grandchildren, but I want to do some things for myself still and not feel bad about it. And God bless her, you know. I mean, I think I think the ending was pretty spectacular. You know. I didn't feel like I got to know Chalk at all throughout the course of the season, so obviously I know he had left a little bit, and I love that he came back, and you know that she it was almost like a different Joan when he was around, you know, like you could tell, like the other guys are cool too, and we've gotten several of them from the show and stuff, but I feel like he just brought out a sight of her that it was pretty magic. You know, it was great to see.
Speaker 3: I do want to say though that so when I had my like little coffee chat with her, she definitely Chalk was was one of the one of the strongest I feel like relationships at that time, and I think it was it was before Hometowns, so there were actually seven guys still when I talked to her. So I know that Chalk was a was a she was having strong feelings for him, but Pascal she was having very strong feelings for as well. And I wonder what would have happened if if Pascal hadn't left, you know. I I think that it doesn't take away from the feelings that she had for Chalk, and that she of course has now for Chalk, but I just wonder, you know, what would have happened. And and that is just for me to say. I hope that she doesn't hear this because I don't want I wouldn't want to put that into her head because I want her to just focus on her relationship with Chalk. There's nothing you know there with Pascal. But you know, part of me is just a viewer, not as a as a friend, wonders, you know, if Pascal had stayed and so it's it's just so hard.
Speaker 1: This show is just so crazy.
Speaker 3: And and you know, I wonder how Chalk feels about that, you know, if if it's come up in conversation.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it has because why wouldn't it.
Speaker 2: Well, and we all know too, we know better than anyone. A lot of this stuff is editing too, you know, like yeah, you know, they make it so that you're like, oh my god, and you just buy into the narrative and then you're like, you know, she could be like, well, yeah, I was, I was, I was, I was. I was feeling conflicted when Pascal left. But you know, Chocolate my guy the whole time. You know why, I'm sure we'll fight out a lot, you know, after it's all said and done. Well, I'm excited about Trista is that if there is a wedding on this one, you already secured me an invite. I am so fared up. I'm finally getting the good in the big show.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 1: No, they're going to get married at Disney World or something.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, they probably are. Everyone's invited. The world's invited. I'll just be like sitting there, one of the world.
Speaker 1: If you just so happen to be at Disney that day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, They're like, okay, everyone, if you've got a special bracelet come into our reception. Bob Well to push you at the bar if you want, you just be a our tender today. I'm like, I'll work it, hey man, I'll take let her I can get. I just want to be there.
Speaker 1: I'm just so happy for her.
Speaker 3: She you know, when we last talked, which was I think a week or two ago, she was just on cloud nine.
Speaker 1: She was. She's so happy.
Speaker 3: I feel like she feels she feels like safe again. She feels like she can she can be happy. It's not just about the other people in her world. It's about like her again. You know, she can she can actually have individual happiness and not have to provide it for everybody else, which I think is so beautiful.
Speaker 2: I love it too. I love it too. No one deserves it, I mean, she deserves it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say no one deserves this more and deserves it more, but I think it's better to say she deserves it, and so does everyone who feels like her, you know, who's still young and heart and vibrant and wants to get out there and find love. I mean, love isn't just for young, dumb teenagers, right or whatever. It's it's for everybody. And it's nice to know that, you know, you can find like that second shot at love, you know, after after you know the love of your life passes away, it's like you can get back out there again. So I'm excited for her too.
Speaker 1: I love her.
Speaker 2: I think she's super nice and what a great choice. I was a little surprised at the end they didn't announce a new Golden Bachelor or Bachelorette.
Speaker 3: True story, well, they would, they would announce Golden Bachelor, But for me, I just I wonder if first of all, the network has to approve it, you know, I'm sure they're in conversations with people. I don't have any inside scoop there, but I wonder. I know that I saw on social Charles was being discussed. He's the adorable Asian man.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. I love him, like I just want to wrap him. I just he's so cute. And then Mark, I'm sure.
Speaker 3: Is in contention considering he's Kelsey's dad and he's you know, part of the franchise, and I think he has a big following in Bachelor Nation already from Joey's season. So there's Mark, there's Pascal, which he would be like, you know, all the bells and whistles, and you know, he doesn't hold back. He's walking around in his tidy whities on camera, like.
Speaker 2: I saw that they might not be able to contain him.
Speaker 3: For you know, but I think, you know, people people like that I loved. I think Jonathan, the one who wore the bow tie without a shirt underneath his tuxedo. He just was so beautifully vulnerable and it seemed like ready for a relationship. And then guy, you know, I know he's good. He had he was in the headlines, you know, for a restraining order. Joan explained it to me, and I really don't. I don't think all the drama around it is as big of a deal as of course the media makes it out to be. So sure, there's a lot of good guys. But one question I have for you, what do you think? What would you think about if they did a Golden Bachelor in Paradise?
Speaker 2: You know, I have thought about that. I feel like we talked about it a few times. I'm not sure I would be able to unsee that. And I don't mean that like in a bad way. I just mean it, like I think, you know, part of me thinks that what they've done so beautifully with the Golden Series so far has been the casting has been the lack of manufactured drama, you know. And yeah, I'm joking about of course I could. You know, I have no problem watching it, but I feel like I feel like that would cheapen it to me. And I don't know why I feel that way, but my I love in the integrity of how I look at this show right now, which is everyone gets along there, you know. I feel like Bachelor in Paradise and that whole thing is a little rooted in a little more of the backbiting, conniving stuff, you know. Yeah, And I don't mean that for everyone, but that's just my high level, thirty thousand foot view, and I just see these people differently, I really do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I tend to agree.
Speaker 3: I feel like I wonder if there's a way that they could do it without it being like salacious, you know, where it's still because listen, the bottom line of Bachelor in Paradise is that all kinds of people from the from the show that we've known all the shows can come together and people can meet, you know, on camera, of course, but in a in an environment where we can introduce people from different.
Speaker 1: Shows to each other. Right, So it.
Speaker 3: Would be like bringing Golden Bachelorette and Golden Bachelor together in a way, but maybe not do it salaciously, Like maybe it's not on the beach. Maybe it's you know, not in tidy whities and speedo's, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I guess we're gonna find out in due time, because it's going to be it's going to be a great one if it happened, all.
Speaker 3: Right, So thank you everybody for tuning in for this little catch up session really quick, little what are we what are we going to call?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 3: A little recap of the Golden Bachelorette finale, the first ever Golden Bachelorette, and so happy for Joan.
Speaker 1: We are so.
Speaker 2: Happy for you, Joan.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, We love you, Joan, We love you Joan and Chalk. We're so happy for you, guys and your newfound love. You're well, well, well deserved love, So happy for you. Thanks for tuning in, everybody, and go enjoy the golf course today.
Speaker 2: Bob Guinea, Hi, Will, I'll talk to you guys soon, thanks for listening, Bye everybody,