Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He's a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 4: This he's Talking Cowboys training live.
Speaker 5: From the Dallas Cowboys World Course at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 1: Don't take Burgerson.
Speaker 6: That's got Piching tuckdown.
Speaker 2: And now your hosts Isaiah standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 4: That's more like it uh, not a victory Monday.
Speaker 5: It's more like a stalemate Monday.
Speaker 4: I'm a little confused as to what to call today on Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas.
Speaker 5: In the SWBC Mortgage.
Speaker 4: Studios, We've got Patrick Nosey Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Tommy Yarish, Chris Beam in the back.
Speaker 5: I'm Kyle Yeoman's forty to forty.
Speaker 7: A monotone Monday, if you will.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a monotone Monday. That's a good one. The I've slept just a tiny bit, not a lot. It happened, and I still don't think I feel any better about what happened on the field at AD and T Stadium.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't think you can feel better, right, there's no feeling good, there's no feeling bad. You're feeling mid it's a mid Monday, uh mid Monday. Absolutely, guys, first tie that I've experienced since a preseason game forever ago. And I was just a little kid basically watching the Cowboy. It's a young lad. What a weird it was a weird What a weird night. Yeah, what a weird night.
Speaker 3: Got a fun stat for you, hear from our News and Notes statistician Chris Beam in the back.
Speaker 5: Oh forty to forty Uh huh score.
Speaker 3: Agami, Yeah, I did see that. Not terribly shocking because you usually don't see eighty point games and in a tie.
Speaker 7: But nonetheless it's also the highest scoring or the second highest scoring game that ended in a tin in NFL history since nineteen sixty four.
Speaker 3: What was the hard to believe there's one? This higher story.
Speaker 7: Boston Patriots and Oakland Raiders combined for forty three tie.
Speaker 5: Oh interesting, not much.
Speaker 1: I would have thought that the Jeffersons would have at least.
Speaker 8: Had the Rochester get the Rochester back, if at least had at least one time they won all of their games.
Speaker 1: You know what, that makes sense? That's true that makes sense. Yeah, it was. It was. Uh, it was quite a quite a ride.
Speaker 8: I was sitting here before the show looking at the win lost line graph on next Gen Stats, and that thing reads like cardiac rith uh. And for there to be no payoff after all of that is like, how are you supposed to feel?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 8: The reason I have the tie on today with the casual because I want the NFL to understand.
Speaker 1: You see how stupid this looks. Yeah, that that's how That's how you look right now. In NFL.
Speaker 8: You are a professional league and this is not soccer we're talking about.
Speaker 1: This is a professional American.
Speaker 7: Yeah, brother, I'm all for the soccerte.
Speaker 1: This is a professional and that's not even soccer. That's just what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Stray for soccer.
Speaker 1: It's not it's not a shame because I love soccer. It's house hates.
Speaker 8: But soccer comes with an expectation that games can end and draw. But when it comes to football, American football, winner or loser.
Speaker 1: That's what we need. Hen football great again.
Speaker 5: It's funny that you bring this up in my in my life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in my notes here, I put a number of different bullet points. I said, impressed with the offense, but they weren't perfect. Unimpressed with the defense, but it wasn't all bad. You played it well enough to win the game, but you didn't. You made enough mistakes to lose the game, but you didn't.
Speaker 5: I think the.
Speaker 4: Only thing I can say for certain after watching that roller coaster of a game tonight, and this was written last night and rewatching it tomorrow morning, is that the NFL should change its overtime rules and officially take ties out of football.
Speaker 1: I do agree.
Speaker 4: That's the only thing I can come away from that game and be completely satisfied with.
Speaker 7: If you ask Jerry Jones after the game, when they asked him, you know, what do you think? Tie is a tie?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 7: And he goes, That's that's the game.
Speaker 5: It is the game. It's the games that we have given.
Speaker 7: He didn't have any problem with it. He didn't sway either way. You just said that the game is the game.
Speaker 8: I can take a problem with it. The players. So we're walking around the locker room. I asked George Pickens, I asked Jake Ferguson. We're asking these players, and you got a combination of two answers. Number one that a lot of these players, if not all of them, have never been a part of a tie in a football game. And the other is that they didn't even realize that you could tie in football.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Pickings said that. He was like, I didn't even know what Jake Ferguson said.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know.
Speaker 5: It is kind of another problem.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's another problem, is that the information is not being disseminated, right, Jake said, and I quote Jake said, I could have gone another I could have gone another session, another quarter. Yeah, because the guys thought that that's what's going to happen. After Green Bay kicked that pick field, they thought they were going to have another shot at it.
Speaker 1: But no, they didn't.
Speaker 8: It was just a crazy game all the way down to the very last second and that and I mean that literally down to the very last second.
Speaker 7: You gotta let that man last second off the board.
Speaker 5: Many what are you doing?
Speaker 7: What are you?
Speaker 1: Advantage doesn't exist?
Speaker 7: Run the run the second, dude, Make the refs put the time back on.
Speaker 1: Sneeze.
Speaker 8: It's just accidentally during that what I miss game over.
Speaker 5: I think NFL officials run the clock.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 7: That's a that's a home that's a home thing. The maybe in college home stadium is running, you know, but in that case, if there were more time the rest put the time back on. Don't leave, I mean leave it up to the to the you don't leave a second.
Speaker 4: Hard to believe that it have to go back and party deep in I think it'd be tough for that to happen. I would have to go deep in the by laws of the NFL to that, and I've never had.
Speaker 5: To figure that out. So, like you said, maybe we'll go search for that.
Speaker 3: It's roll like fifty six section A, Part one, Part B.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like down there somewhere.
Speaker 8: Of course, Samborn would be involved in the one second one second gait.
Speaker 3: Before you guys get too into that real quick, come back to the overtime thing. Yeah, I'm gonna play Devil's advocate here. I'm fine with ties. I'm fine with ties. I don't I understand what be okay?
Speaker 7: Well well yeah, well.
Speaker 3: I understand the competitive nature of oh, we need to decide a victor in this game, and I get it. I really do. Like last Night is a game where you look at it and you say, man, I really wish that this one would have just been decided one way or the other. But at the same time, you know the game's got to end eventually, and I think that if you're if you're looking at at that point of the game, there were three hours and forty five minutes into playing, So you're essentially asking these guys to play four US hours of football and that's just really not good for you in a seventeen week season where you know you're just continually going out there and getting beat up and getting beat up and getting beat up with how physical of the league this is. So I think it's it's better for the player's health. And I understand that not everybody feels the same way, and I think recency biased with how last night went it will play into it too. But I'm I'm totally fine with no, no, what what's that?
Speaker 1: This is the Isaiah hand raise.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so finish your thought and then it's over.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: I just, I just I'm fine with ties in the regular season.
Speaker 8: I have a problem with ties because I don't like participation trophies and that's what that felt like. But also I see your point about player safety, and I'll raise you Thursday night football.
Speaker 5: Dun dum.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And I could sprinkle in a lot of other things like hey this, have them fly over to Germany and down to Brazil into Spain and then back and have.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 8: So and I'm not saying it's not fun. What I'm saying is, no one's going to sell me on a tie being okay because the league might view it as a player safety issue when they have so many other instances that I could point at and they're at least they're less concerned about player safety. So no, the tie is I'm not even saying that I would rather lose. So that's the that's the quix of the argument. Would you rather lose? Would you rather tie? I'd rather have an outcome that's definitive, That's what I would rather.
Speaker 7: I understand the point, and I understand what you're saying too, but I think in terms of storyline, in terms of like that, No, seriously, I'm with you. The cinematic view of the whole thing, A lot of people were coming in cinema, A lot of people were coming into the saying like, Okay, this is going to be that the this is going to test exactly how the trade went down. Who's the real winner, who's the real loser? For it to end in a tie is probably the most cinematic, ambiguous a twenty four asque ending that you could have, because it says time will tell this is this is not not the last time we're going to play Green Bay. This is not the last time we're going to play Green Bay in our stadium. Yeah, it's a rivalry that will stand the test of time for years and years and years to come. There's no end in sight for football. This is just a chapter in the epic storybook that is the Dallas Cowboys and the Green Bay Packers. For me, it's unfulfilling. It is an unrequited you know, destiny that you had right there in your hands. It didn't fall through, it slipped through your fingertips. But in the end, it's just like it's more ammunition for the next time you go out.
Speaker 8: And even to that point, I mean, your point is made on so many levels throughout this game, but I'll point out one particular thing. Who won the trade, the Packers or the Cowboys. You don't know, right, because it's still completely ambiguous, exactly down to the point of was that a sack by Michael?
Speaker 1: Was it not a sack by Mike? Exactly. That's how credit.
Speaker 5: I didn't think he was.
Speaker 4: I didn't think he was falling forward like two yards before the way.
Speaker 5: And I got to.
Speaker 7: Say, the guys who scripted this season of the NFL are cooking.
Speaker 8: All right, I'll make it one even better. NFL g took the sack away from Michaeh, did they? The NFL Jesus stood as the sack.
Speaker 4: So we get into the two different live stats updates. By the way, for those at home, did so. Yeah, both NFL officials.
Speaker 7: So if that's Micah's sack against the count like okay, like he can have that one. It's very anti climactic.
Speaker 4: Much like this game, it did save the game because if he doesn't make that play, I don't think Dak's getting taken down.
Speaker 5: I think he's running into the.
Speaker 1: I think that, I mean the defender had gotten.
Speaker 7: I don't think he gets it.
Speaker 4: With a full head of steam trying to push push Dak Prescott backwards.
Speaker 3: It would have been he would have if you if you get to say the one yard line, sure that would have been what third and goal from the one? Yeah, you can think in yeah, that's a lot easier than third and goal from the three.
Speaker 1: So Ocean deck out of the backfield. Why Derek snap.
Speaker 3: At the end of the day, you know that that Michael Parsons made a game changing play in the game, And you know, I think at the same time that you can give Dallas credit because for the most part he was a non factor all night. I think they had a really good plan for him.
Speaker 7: Date Thomas in the fourth.
Speaker 8: Nate Thomas, Tyler, Guyton, the chips from Jake Ferguson and yes, shouts out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Terrence Steele. Really, the tackles I thought played much better than this game as a whole, just went complete opposite of how I saw. I didn't think Dallas had a chance in this game. I thought Green Bay was going to run him out of the building. Yeah, and Brock Kauffman, TJ. Bass played well. The tackles though, really was what stood out to me, because Terrence still had a rough go of it last week in Chicago, so did Tyler guiding at times, they handled Michael Parsons very well. Sure they sent some help over that way, but even still when they were one on one, I thought they did a good job against Michael. I'm surprised that Green Bay didn't work Parsons more on the interior. Yeah, I'm surprised they didn't attack Bass and Hoffman with him.
Speaker 5: I thought so too.
Speaker 3: I think they would have had a lot more success had they did that.
Speaker 1: Maybe was bothering him.
Speaker 3: And then he did go to the medical tent for a little bit, but he said after the game it was because I think they pulled him to check if he had a concussion, but he said he was holding his back. I have no idea anymore. And then, uh, you know, not just Micah, but really that whole past rush. The Micah's sack was the only sack that they recorded all night. Yeah, so Rashawn Gary was held in check. Edrin Cooper, who I was super high on throughout the week, is you know, one of the best linebackers in football, young linebackers in football. Held him in check. And you know, really would have been just that one play at the goal line with when Dak took off if he if he's able to break through, you know that that's that's a big what if. But at the same time, what can you do?
Speaker 1: I got a bigger what if for you?
Speaker 8: What if this defense stops letting team five straight scoring drives?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's really where I want to take this going into the next two segments, because in a tie, there are good things and there are bad things.
Speaker 5: That's just plain and simple. It's gonna be that way whether you win or lose, too. But in this game, you've got kind of a split fan base.
Speaker 4: You've got a fan base that's excited that they didn't lose, but there's a fan base that said, you've got a chance like that to win the game, and you can put it on both the offense and on the defensive side. The defense gives up forty points and could not stop a nosebleed late in that football game with those five straight scoring drives where but on the offensive side, even though they put up forty points, they were put on the doorstep by one of the most incredible plays you've ever seen by Jalen Tolber toe drag catch inbounds down to the five yard line, first and goal. You've got all the momentum and based off of what we just talked about, the Micah Parsons quote unquote sack.
Speaker 5: Or whatever it ends up being, and then you don't get in. You have to kick a few and that opens the door for Green beta drive the length of the field.
Speaker 4: There are a lot of moments in this game, and we're going to relive a lot of them. Usually we split this up offense in the second segment, defense in the third segment.
Speaker 5: When we review a game, this is just the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Speaker 4: So when we come back, we're gonna talk a little bit about the bad. What happened that did not allow Dallas to win this football game. And it could be on the defensive side forty points, or could be on the offensive side. We'll talk about it when we come back with more talking cowboys right after this.
Speaker 9: Every day begins with a promise, a promise to work hard and to build a future. That's why we're here providing the tools, expertise, and John Deere equipment you have relied on for generations to help you get the job done right.
Speaker 6: We're with you.
Speaker 9: That's our promise to you, because no matter the project or the challenge you're facing, where were you?
Speaker 7: Where are you noted?
Speaker 4: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of black Rifle coffee.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 4: America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee today.
Speaker 1: How's it going? You see that Cowboys game?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: I watched.
Speaker 6: I've been seeing some good thanks totally. They have some talent. You have some cream talents, and they got some fight hoping. This is the year me too. Oh, I'm Cody. By the way, I'm Travis.
Speaker 1: Nice to meet you. Travis. Go Cowboys Go.
Speaker 8: Cowboys make a new friend based solely on their shirt choice.
Speaker 7: What would you like the power to do?
Speaker 9: Bank of America the official bank of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Copyright twenty twenty five. Bank of America Corporation. I'm home.
Speaker 3: Hey, mom, Before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers unloading.
Speaker 5: Nice. Hey can you hey?
Speaker 6: Hon?
Speaker 5: Yes, I've got the finale ready to play.
Speaker 1: Here's your wine?
Speaker 5: Wow? Isn't it nice not having to ask?
Speaker 1: We think so.
Speaker 10: That's why if there's a network interruption at and T will proactively credit you for a full day of service guarantee credit for fiber downtime lasting twenty minutes or more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes and more caused by a single incident PAC ten of more towers. Strictions and exclusions apply att dot Com slash guarantee for details.
Speaker 5: To Talking Cowboys back here on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 4: This segment is brought to you by Invisi Line, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys back alongside Patrick Josh, Tommy, Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 5: You know it's funny.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at some of these comments Tommy about the ties, and I wanted to bring up a point there, kind of back you up on one half of your point. I still don't like ties and simple, I don't like them in any sport. I don't like them in any capacity. I would rather just have a winner or a loser. However, you did bring up a point of recency bias after a game like that where it's back and it's forth and it's crazy and it's unbelievable and it's an emotionally charged atmosphere with a great crowd. By the way, on both ends, it was an awesome crowd last night. It was loud, it was gross, it was intense. It was pretty fun. However, there have been some stinkers of games that have ended up in ties.
Speaker 5: I'm talking like seven to seven, ten.
Speaker 4: Ten, just gross football games where you couldn't wait to get out of there.
Speaker 5: So I get why there's a rule in the regular season for it.
Speaker 4: You can't tie in the postseason because you've got playoffs and you got to have a winner and a loser.
Speaker 7: And you also can't make the rule that was like, well, if they score more than twenty, then let's keep.
Speaker 5: It going, you know, like, come on, you can't do that. So I get it. I understand it.
Speaker 4: And when it comes to player safety, they've already shown in other aspects they don't care.
Speaker 5: They don't care about player safety.
Speaker 7: Specially Dallas plays a Sunday night game and plays a Thursday night game.
Speaker 5: Like it turns right around.
Speaker 4: Come on, dude, Yeah, So I I just wanted to back up half of your point there.
Speaker 3: No, And I get it, And like I said, like a tie as a thank you as a as a competitor, Yes, and I will. I mean, in a game like that, who doesn't want to see that game finish? Everyone wants everybody wants higher that game you finished upset literally everybody on the field, everybody in the press box, everybody in the owner suite, Like, of course you want to see that game end. But you know, at the end of the day, there was There's not been a thirty plus point tie where both teams have scored thirty or more points since twenty fourteen. Wow, so you've got six to six, twenty seven, twenty seven, twenty one, twenty one, twenty nine, twenty nine, twenty seven, twenty seven, twenty three, twenty three, sixteen, sixteen, twenty twenty, twenty twenty. So I mean you just kind of it just kind of is what it is you You You would really just be, you know, dragging it out. And as as the game runs longer, the guys get more tired and the quality of play starts to go down. All last night, the quality of player was great all night fun.
Speaker 7: I don't care depending on what side of that's rebuttal.
Speaker 8: You are paid a lot of money to do what you're being asked to do. And we hear this all the time from from more of the humble NFL players, where they'll say, you know what, yes, this is this is a hard gig. But at the same time, when you compare it to blue collar workers, those who are running twelve hour shifts, construction jobs and graveyard shifts and things like that. So to that point, this is a game, and yes it is brutal on the body, but it is a game, and this is what you get to do, and this is what you sacrifice to be able to do. So go do it. Go do it until the victor is declared. I am too much of a competitor to accept a time like I just I can't compute it. I'm not saying I would rather lose, because I would rather win than a loss. At least I can sit back and say, Okay, where do we get I can use that fuel as motive to go and get the win the next time, as opposed to saying eh, because what did I just walk away with after that three and a half of four hours of work? I walked away with essentially nothing but the bruises, right, that's all. I walked away with the bruises and the paycheck. Eh, I want, I want my win.
Speaker 4: So based on that, we're gonna split up these next two segments. This segment is going to be like we lost the game, playing it simple. We're gonna actually like Dallas lost the game. This didn't go our way. This team has a lot to fix, which is exactly what's.
Speaker 5: The case anyways.
Speaker 4: And then in the next segment we're gonna look at the good side of it and say, oh wow, this was all very positive, as in, we won the game, but that's not the case. It was forty forty Cowboys and Packers. Let's start with the bad. Where do you guys want to go with it? Because I mean, I'm looking at tackling.
Speaker 7: Miss Tackles was absolutely.
Speaker 5: Going Tommy's got the Isaiah hand raise.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, I didn't want to figure that's okay. Hey Biember, do we have like, like sad music or something that can play as I read this?
Speaker 5: I know a sounder that could be used here.
Speaker 6: Oh brother, this.
Speaker 3: Guy sticks, So just cue the somber music in your mind as I read you these Green.
Speaker 5: Bay as second Wallas violin Yeah.
Speaker 3: Second half offensive drives first of the third quarter, nine plays, seventy six yards touchdown into the fourth quarter, eight plays seventy yards touchdown, ten plays eighty yards touchdown, seven plays thirty nine yard yes, field goal, ah close, and then in overtime thirteen plays sixty four yards field goal. So the last five drives of the game, Green Bay scores three touchdowns, two field goals, and Dallas is just essentially begging their offense to come and save the day, and they did. They Cowboys scored on all but one of their second half possessions except for the first one was the only one that they didn't score on. That was a great Yeah, that's a big possession. And you know they had a twelve play drive of fourteen play drive, the four play drive on the touchdown to pickings on the fourth quarter, and then a ten play driving overtime. You know it this this defense, Yeah, this defense is needed one stop. It's it's very concerning. I think, you know, I don't think these linebackers have played very well. You know, lea foul at a costly penalty last night, Kenneth Murray getting banged up, Jack Sanborn just seemed to be a step too late on a lot of things. And then just you know, the unfortunate bounce off of his back, the bolts catapulted downward instead of going up for the half a second it needed to. You know, I thought the for as difficult as it seems to fathom. After Jordan Love throws for three hundred and thirty seven yards and three touchdowns, I thought the Corners played better, yeah, than they did the Giants maybe somewhat. They didn't give they didn't give up real.
Speaker 5: Big play other than the big completion to Matthew Golden early in the game.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 5: And then Romeo Dobbs just went ham in the red zone and that was really about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dobbs had himself a day, and.
Speaker 1: The people were just scared of the helmet. Yeah, that's a guardian cat out of this guy's way.
Speaker 7: It looks like Toady.
Speaker 3: It looks like there was there was dropping. There was none more obscene than Savian Williams's helmet. I mean he looked like Aaron Rodgers souped up with that thing, like Aaron Rodgers has a cranium of a helmet. But man, save Williams was massive.
Speaker 5: Hm.
Speaker 4: The uh the big thing too about third downs, glaring third down problem, It's glaring ten for fourteen, was green Bay on third.
Speaker 7: And even living in overtime when it's fourth and six, there's no vote of confidence on my end saying that we're going to stop that. Absolutely.
Speaker 4: I was shocked they got to fourth and six, to be completely honest, because of how good green Bay had been in the money downs.
Speaker 7: Frankly, and I wanted to tweet at one point It's like, why can't we just play overtime defense all the time, because I thought we were gonna get maybe get a stop. But when it was fourth and six, I was like, there's no way we're stopping this, and they just kept rolling. And one thing you saw early in the first half, the run defense was great. They were able to stop the run. They were able to stop it up. Josh Jacobs did not kill you in the first half. But then the more and more and more they were started to wear down. Josh Jacobs was tearing off eight yards, ten yards, twelve yards, and you're looking at it like, God, like, just get off the field, please, for the love of God, for yourselves at this point, give yourselves a breather, give Dax some time to go out there. But at least for me, the Mistackles is just the worst culprit of them all, Marist as much as we've been championing him, and I think he made a few excellent plays that it was bad. Yeah, I think he had three miss tackles on the day.
Speaker 4: Can I bring up another another game in the same category, same thing. I thought of it as Rok who played his best game last night. Absolute but he made a stupid mistake and gave a free first down to Green Bay.
Speaker 5: He just fore armed to the face mask while the guy was on the ground. That's a dumb mistake. And he played his tailoff.
Speaker 4: I even had a conversation up in the press box and and somebody from the football opposit side of things was saying, man, Donovan's playing, it's his tailoff, playing really well, uh, a different wordage, but playing his butt off.
Speaker 7: It seemed like he had started to figure something.
Speaker 4: He looked like he was finding what we need him to be on that defensive front. But to make a mistake like that, and then the same thing with Mays leaf overrunning an angle. Then he makes a great play on the special team side of things and.
Speaker 8: Flattens Golden had like the cartoon birds. Yeah, after that, he absolutely laid would.
Speaker 4: But then he has the late hit where it was pretty obvious two or three steps had gone by ball down on the ground, and I would love to hear his actual re enactment of that. Did he think the ball was caught? Did he not see it on the right way? Either way, it was not a good.
Speaker 8: Found interesting for me though. It's it's everything you guys are saying. But and stop me. If you've heard this before, self inflicted wounds you you're basically detailing, especially the worst time to right some of the worst ones Cowboys were let's see accepted penalties eleven accepted and accepted as the keyword for ninety five yards. There were more flags obviously than the penalties that were accepted, okay, because they had some double penalties going on there, like the unsportsmanlike conduct which also happened that with the defensive holding holding ned the defensive holding, so twelve men on the field, I didn't have a chance to check. I believe that's the second time this season through the first four games that the Cowboys have been flagged for twelve men on the field in one capacity or another.
Speaker 3: Off in time?
Speaker 8: Was it that that that's a coaching thing? Twelve men on the field is coaching thing for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So whether.
Speaker 7: It be that's communication yet again.
Speaker 8: Education, whether it be the they don't even start on that because that touchdown with Elim as the target and how he's looking around like what's going Was that a miscommunication?
Speaker 7: I don't love that. I don't love the sort of blame being passed around when it's just again.
Speaker 1: But you're talking about in real time, you're.
Speaker 7: Seeing in real time and you're seeing communication errors. Still in week four and we've been having this conversation for three weeks now about their communication, it just feels more and more like the defense can't get right.
Speaker 8: I'll tell you what football gods owe me, because this weekend with these bone headed penalties from players that I hold in high regards to, whether it be Georgia hits Obama, why would you dive on the pile when it's already over and then merestleafile. We know what Leafi was capable of if we saw it last year as a rookie, basically fly out of the gate. We've been begging for mayors to be unleashed. They start them this game. He's making plays on spill teams and then he makes a critical error at that juncture in the game to extend that drive, which helped impact the team, impact the game negatively for the Cowboys ultimately. But while we're circling that, and we're circling the touchdown against Elaman, we're circling as Roku, who had a fantastic game, his best game as a rookie through his first four games, and then he has the black eye because of that particular penalty. It just felt like there was always something so that same logic exchange to the offense as well, because offensively they dropped forty again at home.
Speaker 1: They're cooking. George Pickens without Cede Lamb.
Speaker 8: He gives you one hundred and thirty plus with two touchdowns Dak Pro Dogs.
Speaker 7: You can't say it.
Speaker 8: You said it, so I don't have to four total total touchdowns for Dak Prescott, no interceptions. Three of those were passing touchdowns over three hundred yards. They're cooking, turping, is getting involved, shoddy, pulling out the just going deep in the bag. Ryan Flinoy, he's making plays as well, said it. Jalen Tobert for as miliind as he is in this fan base again, that play phenomenal However, we're sitting here and we're giving all of this rightful praise to the offense, and they still converted only four of their eleven third down attempts.
Speaker 4: And they didn't punch it in from five yards out. Correct football game.
Speaker 8: So again, it's one of those games. This game was Taylor made for a tie, no pun intended. It was Taylor made for a tie. Because for all the good, there's the bad, and for all the bad, there's the good.
Speaker 1: And then where do you land? Right smack in the middle.
Speaker 4: This is an interesting stat and I'm going to give credit to Dante Koppluitz Fleming on X teams with forty points or more and no turnovers worth three hundred and oh at home in the Super Bowl era three one hundred and oh, they're still undefeated.
Speaker 5: They are still undefeated. It's three hundred oh and one.
Speaker 1: And so are the Packers at ATMG Stadium.
Speaker 4: Yeah they are six three hundred and I'll say, see, this is what I hate about ties is now I have to say three hundred one and six oh one the next time the Packers come to town. So, yeah, they're undefeated, but hey, that tie happened that one time.
Speaker 5: Who cares give us a winner.
Speaker 8: That's what I'm saying, and also shouts out ferguson getting that month getting into the end zone. That was his first time getting the touchdown since uh, previous to last season.
Speaker 1: I guess what was against Green by Papa.
Speaker 7: We're talking about the bad Patrick, we talk.
Speaker 5: About that to un I lost this game segment and.
Speaker 7: Really quickly though if we're if we're continuing on the bad really quickly. Yes, Uh, Marris, that wasn't great. He didn't give you just the bonehead a mistake obviously unacceptable, right. Another thing that was that has been unacceptable now for three weeks is the play of Jack Sandborn.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 7: I think at this point, because Maris hasn't had as many snaps as a Jack Sandbourne, you're going to get those mistakes. You're going to see.
Speaker 1: That over zealous.
Speaker 7: He's over zealous, he's happy to be in there. He's he's he's trying to overplay. But when you're looking at Jack Sanborn play man, he is, for lack of a better term, he's just really slow. I mean, the athletic ability of Sanborn at this point is not helping you.
Speaker 1: I agree, it's it's rough.
Speaker 7: And I want to be as respectable as possible. But what are we doing?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 8: You had Shamar James actor for the first time, so let's use Shamar James Moore.
Speaker 1: Let's and and again.
Speaker 8: And I know a lot of people in the in the moment after that that penalty by Marius I get it, there's no excuse in that. That was just horrendous, horrendous, But I still want him to see more playing time because you're never going to see that mistake again from marslif never.
Speaker 3: Just two quick quick ones to wrap up our our bad talk segment. Tyler Smith really had struggled today. A couple of penalties I and him. Yeah, a couple of penalties that ended up getting negated or declined or whatever. But it was it was not a great game for Tyler Smith, which I mean, a bad game from Tyler Smith is a usually pretty good game for the average offensive lineman in the NFL. Yeah, But nonetheless, that was still a rough still a rough game, and the penalties are certainly something that's kind of been uncharacteristic of him, at least from my perspective before before I started covering.
Speaker 4: He struggled with a little bit in college coming out of Tulsa.
Speaker 5: But it wasn't like a.
Speaker 4: Glaring thing like it was with Geiton, right, because Geyton you kind of knew what you were getting when you drafted him. You were going to get some holds. Yeah, and Tyler Smith never really had. There was a couple in his rookie season if I remember correctly, where he was held or he was holding multiple times, but he's kind of gotten away from that.
Speaker 3: And then the last thing I think what you say was four of eleven on third down eleven I don't think. I mean, yes, the offense needs to convert on some of those, but your defense isn't doing you any favors or some of this field possession.
Speaker 8: Sure, so I agree, and that's what makes it. And you made the point earlier that the offense is being asked rather fairly or unfairly. They're being asked to put their capes on and save the day every single time, and I personally, I think that's unfair. I think that they should be allowed to not be perfect and simply be elite, because you can be elite and not perfect, like that's what we saw last night from this offense.
Speaker 1: Elite but not perfect.
Speaker 8: If you're asking your offense to be perfect every single game to win.
Speaker 1: You're not going to the playoffs.
Speaker 7: You're asking your offense to score forty points and maybe you'll win the game.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and so what so they have to score what they have to score fifty to help guarantee that you win the game.
Speaker 7: Apparently that's un good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dak Prescott is playing out some.
Speaker 7: Off segment three, that's all segments, the.
Speaker 3: Best football of his entire career, and he's he's he's kind of being out of his mind, held up.
Speaker 5: Before we move on. I'm seeing a lot of comments in the It may just be from the same person. I'm not entirely sure. They were talking about the as Leah foul foul.
Speaker 4: Call uh on the the the late hit. They said it wasn't as egregious in the building, it was pretty agreed.
Speaker 1: In real time.
Speaker 7: It was like sad, like give him like two steps on, but he took seven steps.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: On TV, I can see because you're like, oh, they're playing it in slow mo. Even in the building, in the press box with everybody.
Speaker 5: There, it was pretty it was pretty.
Speaker 8: You heard the collective gasp when he when he hit him before the before the flag he hit him and everybody.
Speaker 1: Was like, oh, come yeah and the flag.
Speaker 5: Feel free to disagree.
Speaker 4: I know there's probably gonna be differing opinions on that, but as a fan base, I think you can.
Speaker 5: Look at it and say, yeah, it was it was pretty egregious and all right.
Speaker 1: I want them to play more.
Speaker 4: So now the bad is out of the way. This was a tie you did not lose. So we're going to talk about what was positive. And I have a feeling there's gonna be a lot of Dak Prescott George Pickens talk in this upcoming segment when we come back with more talking cowboys after this.
Speaker 7: I'm home.
Speaker 4: Hey, mom, before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers unloading.
Speaker 5: Nice.
Speaker 3: Hey, can you ahn?
Speaker 5: Yes, I've got the finale ready to play.
Speaker 1: Here's your wine?
Speaker 5: Wow? Isn't it nice not having to ask?
Speaker 10: We think so that's why if there's a network interruption at and T will proactively credit you for a full day of service guarantee credit for fiber downtime last and twenty minutes or more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes and more caused by a single INCID impact. In ten more towers. Restrictions and exclusions apply. S att dot com slash guarantee for details.
Speaker 4: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee today.
Speaker 11: Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I am her life's questions with an ice cold can of Doctor Pepper. Sheila, let's hear from my next caller.
Speaker 4: Would you, Dear Doctor, My friend supported me during a tough time.
Speaker 10: But what's the right gift that says thanks for being a soldier?
Speaker 7: To cry out?
Speaker 11: Okay, this one's easy, I say, give her a delicious Doctor Pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any Doctor Pepper flavor will do now. Just a reminder that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that Doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 4: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 5: Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 4: That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the Code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 5: To Talking Cowboy.
Speaker 4: Back here on Talking Cowboys, final segment of a Tie Talking. We're talking ties today with Patrick Nosey Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Tommy Irrish, Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 5: All right, gentlemen, we have our comment.
Speaker 1: Of the day.
Speaker 5: Would you like to have her hit it? All right? Paul or no? Phil? Excuse me? Phil said breaking news. The Packers just converted on another third down ouch just now, so now they're eleven for fifteen.
Speaker 1: Twist the nut.
Speaker 5: I just thought it was funny.
Speaker 7: That makes sense.
Speaker 3: They scored another touchdown of the second half and over time, Hey, chilling hurts.
Speaker 7: Kyle and I don't like it. We didn't lose that game. We did prove me wrong. We didn't lose.
Speaker 5: We did not lose.
Speaker 1: You know it did not.
Speaker 8: To quote the great Rosie Peiz, sometimes when you win, you also lose.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Sometimes when you lose you actually win, yeah. And sometimes when you tie, you actually win to lose.
Speaker 1: If you know the quote, you know.
Speaker 5: The quote, let's talk about the winning side. I guess you gotta start with four, right, you gotta start with four.
Speaker 3: Who's playing his best football of his career.
Speaker 4: I think is anybody in the NFL playing a higher brand of quarterback right this second than.
Speaker 7: Perhaps Josh Allen, perhaps Matejo.
Speaker 1: But that's the only one I'm willing to.
Speaker 7: Because you're not seeing it from Lamar, You're not from Patrick Mahomes, c.
Speaker 5: J Stroud Right now, guy is Jared Goff.
Speaker 8: Now it did kind of get going yesterday. But but over as far as full games.
Speaker 3: No, maybe Justine Herbert, but it is a bad day for them, ye, see he played poorly yesterday, and.
Speaker 7: We're not saying necessarily that he is better than those quarterbacks. I'm not saying that either, But right now as we sit here, he is your MVP of the team. There's no doubt about it. Just far and beyond keeping you in the game right now. Granted you don't have a winning record, and I think that is in a large part due to the defense. But Dak Prescott is playing lights out. He's exactly what you would pay sixty million dollars for quarterback to do. And Jerry was talking about it yesterday. He's indispensable and Michael wasn't. That to me is just clear. Just looking at what michaeh or sorry, what Dak did yesterday and what Micah said about Dak, He's like he was honest. If he wasn't on his piece and q's this would have been a long day. And Dak was, and Dak.
Speaker 1: Was making all the throws. He was making them.
Speaker 7: First quarter was a little rocky, it was, but.
Speaker 8: They picked up also. But also shouts out to one year Thomas and Marquise Bell. Yeah, yeah, we're talking about the got you.
Speaker 7: Back in the game.
Speaker 8: We're talking about the good high without those two points, Okay, the Cowboys could not get on the board. They could not break off, break through that goose egg, and what happens you get a block on a point after attempt by one year Thomas and Marquise Bell, the undrafted step brothers from twenty twenty two who both have clawed and scratched to try to get playing time. Basically on the same arc, those two combo pack pulled up two points. It was it was one of the best things that you will see, just fun and it like you said, it was a joke. But then in that joke translated to Dak Prescott in the offense getting the ball, rolling questions about could George Pickens step up and consistently be that guy in that target? Could you target him fourteen fifteen times? Yes you can, and he's going to deliver. And those targets don't have to be one on one coverage either. The trust required for Dak Prescott to throw the ball. He threw deep left side into double coverage, knowing that George Pickens was probably gonna come up with it, and afforded with that trust.
Speaker 7: Guys, you scored forty points without CD lamb. That's why you did let that sink in a little bit, Like I know, we were having the conversation, is George Pickens, can he possibly feel that's one bee? That's what that's what a one bee does.
Speaker 1: Is that good?
Speaker 7: That's pretty darn that's pretty darny.
Speaker 5: That's that's great.
Speaker 4: Remember when when we were talking about wide receivers in the draft and we were talking about free a options this summer, and then they made the trade for George Pickens. One of the comments that this front office made, and a member of this front office made to one of us here in the studio was we needed to find a guy that if Ceedee Lamb is either unavailable or not playing a high brand of football, that can go for one thirty or more. Yeah, or I think it was one forty five. Either one. He showed he can do the one thirty four and two tuddies. Unbelievable performance, and he did so in the in the highest moments of the game. Yes, the catching doubles coverage, the catching double coverage was phenomenal. Then he catches the touchdown pass going into the halftime break to put you up by three.
Speaker 5: He makes the play exactly.
Speaker 4: He made the play to avoid the tackle and get back inside and then barrel his way past the pylon on the left sideline to get in to put you up by three again in the waning moments of over or of regulation.
Speaker 5: George Pickens did everything and more.
Speaker 4: For this football team yesterday. And it was Dak Prescott throwing on the rock.
Speaker 1: And really quickly and then we'll hop back this the defense.
Speaker 8: We kept it to the defense as far as the bad segment is concerned. Shouts out to James Houston, because that George Pickens touchdown going into halftime doesn't happen. There's no shot for the Cowboys to have a chance to try to make that touchdown if James Houston doesn't get the stripsack fumble against Jordan Love. So shouts out to James Houston. He did a thing again for another consecutive week. But again now Dak Prescott, George Pickens. But it's also the fact that the other guys got involved. We saw more of Cavante Turpin. You love that, but and Tommy was sitting next to me. I could barely contain myself when they started getting Ryan Flinoy involved in the game. Yeah, you start getting Flinoy involved now we're cooking with some fish grease.
Speaker 7: Well, okay, bring up Brian Flinoy had a great game. But there's one player in particular that I really need to apologize to because I've been very critical of him so far this year. You have the floor, Jalen Tobert. What a game, What a game like, just absolutely there when you need him, and he was clutch in every pass that he had thrown to him. All the respecting world to Jalen Tolbert. He really really showed out yesterday. And I will crow for me today because he played.
Speaker 3: Great a couple of things. I really think that this team is zero and four if it's not for Dak Prescott. I mean, like I said, Dak Prescott's playing the best football of his career and he's not getting any help from his defense. That's the only reason why the Cowboys are won too and one. It's because of Number four. And they're number one in yards a game for offense four hundred and four yards a game, number one in passing offense two hundred and eighty one yards a game. He's leading the league in passing. He has played his best ball, and I think you tip your cap to him and really, I think one thing we haven't really talked about a lot is Brian Schoenheimer called a great game yesterday. I thought I thought, I thought he called a good game. But really what kept standing out to me was it seemed like every time there was a third down play or a longer second down play, that Dak Prescott was finding a way to move the chains. Late in the game. You think about the crosser over the middle to Flinoy, there was a Tolbert over the middle. There was a turpin I think for a first down two. So really, when they needed to hit the big plays the most I know we talked about four of eleven on third down when they needed to move the chains, when they needed to push downfield, I think they did last night. And so you tip your captain, Brian Schotenheimer in the offense for coming through there. Javonte Williams, I think we talked Josh. You talked about Josh Jacobs kind of wearing on the Cowboys defense in the second half. Joontay Williams eleven carries fifty six yards in a touchdown in the second half. Five point one yards of carry.
Speaker 7: Was his total carry full point three.
Speaker 3: I think he averaged four point three yards of carry. He finished with twenty carries for eighty five yards. So really mostly that product I do to get. Most of that production came in the second half.
Speaker 9: Then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll admit I was a guy that in the off season I was like, man, I don't know if this team moving wrong from rico' donald is the right move. Javonte Williams has proven me wrong. I'm sharing some of that crow with you, Josh, because he has played very well to start the season and he.
Speaker 7: Has been the most physical running back that you've had since Marko Murray.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely, Like he flows like.
Speaker 7: That and he hits with that same level of physicality. In my opinion, I disagree.
Speaker 8: I think Zeke was pretty nasty peak Zeke was pretty freaking nasty. He was both athletic, fast, and he wanted to run away.
Speaker 7: I think it was more finesse. I think it was more finesse for Zeke. This guy's straight power. Then I did not expect that out of his stature, and he's he's proven me wrong. Like, like I said, he's running with the same physicality that you saw.
Speaker 8: From I don't want to take that away from the I just it's just I'm channeling I hear, and that was nasty peak.
Speaker 5: Zeke was nuts.
Speaker 4: The conversation that I had with Nate Newton last night, he compared him to marsham Lynch. He compared him to Beast Mode in terms of physicality. He said, they're not the same back, They're different sizes, they're different body types.
Speaker 5: But he was like, the way that he.
Speaker 4: Runs the football angry, yes, is something that you, yeah, is something that you haven't had on this team.
Speaker 7: And just to argue the Zeke point really quick, I feel like more of Zeke's highlights were sort of like finesse, like hurdling, and.
Speaker 8: That was only because those were the more fun highlights when he's jumping over guys.
Speaker 7: But he bowled overs some people, no doubt.
Speaker 1: Oh, absolute freaking absolutely.
Speaker 7: But I'm saying, like, since DeMarco Murray, I have not seen an aggressive running back running attack like this.
Speaker 3: He's playing like he played his rookie year in Denver. Yeah, and it almost like, well, yeah, granted he came back from you know, he came back from you know, devastating knee injury, so yeah, it's certainly a lot easier to to play that way but you know, special teams is something that I think when John Fossil was here, just because he was so creative and things like that, we really paid more attention to the third phase of the game. Third phase of the game was a major reason why the Cowboys were able to keep this a tie last night. I think back to that forty five yard kickoff return from Cavante Turpin before that final drive in the fourth quarter. Yep, what happens if he doesn't get that? You know? So you know that's that's why you have a guy like that back there. And I think they made the right move, And you guys correct me if I'm wrong, if I missed this. I think this was the first game this season where it was Turpin by himself back there. They had had two returners there's usually Turpin and Tolbert that were back there, and teams would kick it to one side and they would obviously kick it away from Turpin because you don't want that guy to touch the ball. So they put ten up and had Turpin back there, which I think they should have done from the start. Agree, I don't think you want to give any other team another option, but they Turpen came through for them when they needed him to late in that game, and then of course the the block, the block extra point changed the game to and completely shifted momentum going forward. But then defensively, just to harp more on James Houston, he's your best pass rusher. He is the best pass rusher on this roster, and they picked him up on the first day of practice at training camp. That is both a great thing for the Cowboys evaluating the talent that they see that's available, and also a very poor thing considering how much they thought of the defensive end depth that they've got. You know, it's if that's the case, then then you've got some tough questions to ask yourself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and remember it was James Houston and Jadavian Clowney, the two new additions as edge rushers that helped combine on that strip sack that that helped you correctio.
Speaker 8: There was a there was a podcast then that film's in this very student that just last week sip they wanted to see Jade.
Speaker 5: Yeahane, Yeah, you did say that. Yeah, Oh yeah, okay, was it talking? It was talking?
Speaker 4: Car alrighty, We've got to get out of here before I want to give one more quick note. One more quick note, because I want to see if you guys agree here. The way that Dak Prescott is playing reminds me of the situation Joe Burrow had last year, and he's not getting the same amount of love.
Speaker 5: Joe Burrow did because it's Dak Prescott. Because it's Dak. Joe Burrow and the Bengals were one and three to start the year.
Speaker 4: In that time period, Joe Burrow was completing seventy one percent of his passes. He had He had had nine hundred and seventy eight yards, throwing, seven touchdowns, and three turnovers. Dak Prescott right now at one two and one, has completed seventy three percent of his passes, has thrown for over eleven hundred yards, has thrown for six touchdowns, rushed for another, so seven total touchdowns.
Speaker 5: He's thrown three interceptions, so three turnovers. He hasn't lost the fumble. Burrow had one interception, he had two fumbles, so your scene.
Speaker 4: So I'm saying Dak is playing better right now than Joe Burrow did during that start that the Cincinnati Bengals had last year, and he's not getting a credit for it from a national standp.
Speaker 5: You know what, I just want to give it. Give the facts there.
Speaker 4: That's why first four games straight comparison between the two, and I would argue DAK had a tougher schedule too to go up against all Right, we've got to get out of here when we come back tomorrow. You're giving us the calls eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven.
Speaker 5: It is a talking Tuesday.
Speaker 4: I'm sure you'll have plenty to talk about tomorrow morning for Patrick No c Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Tommy Rish, Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeomans saying so long from Talking Cowboys, We'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 4: Y