Speaker 1: Oh, Wallian Doctor.
Speaker 2: Twelve years ago, Nicki Minaj dropped the Anaconda video twelve.
Speaker 1: That was twelve years ago. Yeah, twelve years ago, yesterday. We're getting old.
Speaker 2: Not only were getting old, but do you remember that video? Yes, one of the most iconic videos. Yes, ever, you want to know what's so crazy? I'm watching this ship now because you know they're posting it because of the anniversary. This is so regular now, Oh yeah, that's like, this is scrolling on your Instagram, Instagram, no matter who you follow, like just real quick. That's like, this was the most iconic. That's a dump, like we can That's an Instagram dump. That's all that is. That was last weekend. Yeah, yeah, that was the weekend in Mexico. That's a dump. And when I say regular, barbes relax, I don't want to trigger you. I'm saying that video was iconic. We had never seen anything like that. Now seeing ass is so like, yeah, this was like poorn when it came out. Yeah, it was definitely. It definitely shook the funny you saying twelve year damn when it dropped. Yeah, Like I remembered the frenzy it caused when it dropped. The trailer of the day before, because we had never seen like, of course as existed on a low hope know what I'm saying. Like even you know, there was still ig mile, there was still over sexualized on social media, but we had never seen like an A lister.
Speaker 1: But that was like, wait, you see nig and not just whole ass on this ship. Yeah that was crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now it's like you can't and I don't mean this disrespectfully to the women out there. Now, it's like seeing that's just that's just a lot of video.
Speaker 1: Yeah nothing. If she had pants on it be like, wow, that's a strange video.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's shifting the culture putting on pants to shifting the culture that she must have a Levi's at Yeah, she better, she's aiming for one for sure. It was just fine, there's I have no like thing attached to this, like society's going.
Speaker 1: It's just funny looking at that.
Speaker 2: And if he went she took up twelve years ago, how crazy that was to see? Yeah, now this would be like a normal Instagram Now. Yeah, where do you think it's going to go from here? Because the only next step is just fucking like you're gonna see a female rapper get fucked on camera while she's rapping her verse.
Speaker 1: I think somebody he's nasty. That'd be fire.
Speaker 2: What does it say about the guy if she's able to get through her verse while he's having six Like he doesn't feel a way about that, Like well, maybe act like if she one takes it, Like what if she one takes it? If she one takes it, like if she one takes the verse while she's having sex with you on camera, Like that's as a man, you have to.
Speaker 1: That with bruise. It would bruise my eg.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was the casted as the male vic Sen, so she had no problem. And imagine if she was like double time on the verse and did add like if she did ask, if she did her own ad libs, like yeah, nah, man, as a man, you gotta feel some.
Speaker 1: Type of way for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd be trying to lift her legs up just so I get that not even working.
Speaker 1: It's not even working, not even working. I don't know, man.
Speaker 2: Though. Visually though, like I think I think it has to get we joking and you know, just having fun. But I do think it has to get maybe a little more artistic though from here, I mean like sexuality has been part of pop music as exception as it should be. I'm not saying good away with the clothes, no pun intended. I'm not saying to get to do away with it. I'm just saying, like Beyonce has been in a throng. Yeah, I'm saying, uh, like the Lotto Dojah Cat video. Love that right, great video, great record, but there was there was some artistry in that though as well. Get what I'm saying, Like, so you know, we women can be be sexy. We love that, like be sexy, be women, be feminine, but don't don't just do away with the art trying to be so provocative, like, yeah, it can't go that way, but Dose is great at that. Yeah, in general, like all our videos, she'll you know, show some side boom and ass, but she has great visuals. I'm saying for the like the Ratchet Girls, where there is no artistic taste to this, but just not sexuality. I feel like the next thing they're gonna have to do to compete is like sign up for my only fans. I'm getting fucked while I wrap my verse, and I think it'll work in one take, no edit. It's the it's the good. Yeah, one take, one take, that's it, in and out, got this done.
Speaker 1: That's fucked up.
Speaker 2: I mean for the amount of artists that rap and also do only fans, I'm kind of shocked that that's not those two things having like what we're seeing something like what was the video with the guy he had somebody behind him having sex in the van? Remember like the truck he opened up the truck and it was somebody in the truck having sex.
Speaker 1: I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was one of those it was one of those uh you know how they put the mic on the corner. It was like it was like one of those type of vibes. But I think he was in the street and he opened like a moving truck. It was like a moving truck, and they were like it was a couple in there having sex.
Speaker 1: It's a wild place to fuck. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I remember when I saw that, I was like, okay, so this is where we are. We're going all the way like you know what never took that I thought was going to And Hunter Biden's kind of doing it now with.
Speaker 1: All these interviews Hunter Biden, Okay, let me land this transition.
Speaker 2: Remember that guy, I think he was running for mayor or town count nothing like super crazy. But remember he was fucking someone on camera. We talked about it on the pod years ago.
Speaker 1: He was a.
Speaker 2: Politician running and something Peter maybe, and I think he was like he was standing on making prostitution legal, like and he leaked his own sex tape. No, it's not people just shout out the front of the show Wiener something Wiener, No, Anthony Wiener. That was not by consent. Somebody had Oh this was this was somebody that was on the Senate, like on the floor. No, he was running for some No, that was when that that little twink was getting fucked u where our laws are made okay, separate completely. It was someone running for some type of political office and he leaked his own sex tape as a political campaign, like this is the guy you're getting and like he was pounding some hike out in a hotel and he's like.
Speaker 1: We're gonna make prostitution legal. He was really running for real. I do not remember that. It was years and years ago, but we talked about it.
Speaker 2: I thought that was going to swing things where it's like, Okay, these politicians they're all fucking horse, so they might as well.
Speaker 1: Just tell us I thought that was gonna happen. But no, he wasn't a trailblazer.
Speaker 2: A little president trit and they took him the court for it. So you know where are we getting these mosquitoes from? Is that the same mosquito that's been in here since like Monday? Probably Jesus, he didn't die yet and we got rid of all those plants.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's the windows because now we have so many people in here that smoke. No, it was what Mikes.
Speaker 1: I do remember that name. Sounds like a middle linebacker. I do remember that name. What was he running for piece Manhattan District? Okay, I remember that name.
Speaker 2: It is No, he had a straight up sex tape as his political campaign.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you gotta get creative role.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, man, it's not just politically. J Cole gets in the car, goes up the East Coast politician focks prostitute like they're the same thing.
Speaker 1: It's a different type of rollout.
Speaker 2: I saw that guy that was walking from Philly to La or California finally made.
Speaker 1: It so about the guy looks like me, No, not.
Speaker 2: The white guy he's that was years ago, hopefully he's made it already. Mike Posner like, yeah, posneros shout out to Mike, posting stouts to Mike Posler. No, it's another guy. I forgot his nametti. This This dude got.
Speaker 1: Hit by a car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like it was a lot. And I saw the other day that he just he made it to California. I believe he walked from Philadelphia California.
Speaker 1: Where'd he get hit? Like wearing his body? Well, like what state? Oh, I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I'm not like coping Cali. It wasn't like no, no, no, no he got hit like in Pennsylvania and stuff. No, no, no, he got hit way before he got the California. Yeah, he got hit by a car. I just think that that's And then I looked at the video. The video I saw had like thirty six thousand views. Now I was like if I walked from Philadelphia to California and a video only has thirty six thousand views, like I would feel like, all right, should I have been fucking from Philadelphia California?
Speaker 1: Like on stream? Like what else can you do?
Speaker 2: I'm walking clear across the country and only thirty six thousand people saw this? This is gonna sound pessimistic, and I'm still here for creativity. I want to make my stance clear there, but not bullshit works way easier. Well, I put so much money into my video with Black Odyssey and Lucky Day.
Speaker 1: Went to La shot it loved the video.
Speaker 2: It's credit did well, don't get it wrong. You know it has more views on Instagram already. My parody Come get Ready with Me to the Jake Whole concert.
Speaker 1: You know how long that took me? You know, quickly peech edited that ship together?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I did that voice over in about five minutes. Yeah. Yeah, you didn't cost us anything. You don't. I didn't even pay for parking. Yeah, no, you don't. I'm street parking. That is hilarious.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that did more. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Different reasons for those types of content, yeah, push, But to your point, like, damn, I walked across the country and got thirty six thousand views.
Speaker 1: Why did I do that? Yeah, if you want to do it for reviews, it was a streaming video, Okay, that's for streaming thirty six for the whole way. No, just whatever video I saw.
Speaker 2: First off, I'm not shitting on thirty six thousand views is great, no matter what. I don't make it sound that way. I'm just saying the task of doing that it probably took him a couple of months. Yeah, for sure, Yes, I would like more than thirty six thousand streams. For Yeah, just like more people should have known and been watching that. That's something that's not an easy thing to complish. And some things are for your own internal peace and this and that, and who cares about views? I hear all that, but you are streaming it, so let's not act like you didn't peep at the data just for a second. Yeah, if I saw what Forrest Gump did, he fucking invented the smiley face, got a Nike.
Speaker 1: Deal, Like, yeah, he did a lot of what's the bumper sticker? He invented too?
Speaker 2: During that run, shit happens, like, come on, thirty six thousand people. He got Jenny back because of that shit, because everybody was watching. She was at the diner, Like we interrupted this program to show you this guy going across the country. I just don't know about walking across the country. That's a little I mean, we kept up with the Mike Poser one. There's just such a high chance of something going.
Speaker 1: Wrong when you're walking across the country. Definitely mean you get hit by a car. Mike Posner got bit by a rattlesnake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And like, how how does that happen? How do you get bit by? Like you don't see the snake?
Speaker 1: You're an idiot and walk through Arizona.
Speaker 2: That's what you said, But you will still see a snake though, No, No, I feel like this.
Speaker 1: You see a snake if I'm walking in but he's walking on the side.
Speaker 3: Of the road.
Speaker 1: He's not walking like in the desert.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know, have you ever driven through like Nevada or yeah, Arizona, you're in the desert in certain places if you're walking like right on the side, you have sunglasses on, it's super bright, you got your hat on. You don't think a tan snake couldn't hide in dirt?
Speaker 1: I guess, yeah, yeah, I guess. I guess you're right.
Speaker 2: I just like that's something I can't fat. I wouldn't even know what. How do you prepare for that? You don't, like, what's your first stay?
Speaker 1: Like that was? I definitely just got bit by a snake?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And like what do you do right after that? If you're in the middle of the desert, how long would it take, like the EMS to get to you. At least thirty minutes. Yeah, and then I'd start thinking all the shit I've seen on National Geographic, like have five minutes to live. I have no survival skills in this moment. Yeah, you know, some people have zero's survival skills. I just saw a video. I don't know if it's fake or not, but uh, there was like a shootout in this suburban neighborhood and the mom ran right in the house and was like, kids come in. The parents just left their children out front, and then one of the kids ran towards the shots.
Speaker 1: He should join the Marines. Like I saw that kid. I was like, that kid is going to keep us safe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some people have zero survivor Like I just look at some videos sometimes and I'm just like, I see how people end up dying over like dumb shit.
Speaker 1: I see it. Well, there's different.
Speaker 2: I have survival skills here, but you you put me out in the woods, I wouldn't have y Oh. I wouldn't know how to. I don't even The most I could do is start a fire.
Speaker 1: I could do that.
Speaker 2: I could do it, but it would take me a while, Yeah, for sure, don't think it would be some you know, then it won't be ready in an hour, Like I can't. I can't do that, but I can definitely STARTIFI. Other than that, I don't know how to build a tent. I don't know how to tie ropes and notts to make it, like, I don't know how to do none of that. I'm immediately gonna eat the poison berry that like shuts your stomach down.
Speaker 1: One eating a deadly mushroom.
Speaker 2: And like I feel like I could kill an animal eventually, but then I don't know.
Speaker 1: Like animal with your bare hands, with like a rifle, Why wouldn't if I'm out in the woods, I'd imagine like it was a plane crash or just like I wouldn't have a gun. Yeah, so I'm not just walking through the woods abandoned.
Speaker 2: With what the animal would you kill? I don't know, you wouldn't kill nothing, Rory, not killing shit. I'm not catching a rabbit, no, definitely not Yeah, catching animals? Not catching a bird, he don't know, not catching a squirrel. If you see a bear, you're running, You're launch at that point, Like what what animal are you killing with your been hand. No, I haven't thought you would have to. You would have to literally like just get some type of netting or something and just try to fish. Yeah, that is the only thing you're catching is a fish. Yeah, I don't think I could sneak up on a deal. Like I'm trying to think if I something deer like made no, not choke it out, No, you got get finish. You put a deer in the headline and put your fingers in his nostrils, like you know me, you know I'm saying, like if somehow I figured out like how to find a stick in the perfect rock and made some type of weapon like where I could hit its head, I still don't think I'd be able to sneak up.
Speaker 1: On them sneaking up not fucking did bro stand from behind hind legs straight to my.
Speaker 2: Thro You're not sneaking up on no dead The best your best bet for dinner if you're stranding it in the forest, in the wilderness, both of us, our best bet is to try to make some type of netting something or or something to fish. But what I was actual to say, let's say I even figure out how to kill an animal I don't know how to fillet it. I don't fucking now now I'm just a murder. I don't even know what to do with this dead body. Like, yeah, I have survival skills, zero idea. I have survival skills in the city. I don't have survival skills.
Speaker 1: In the woods. No, No, I would have no idea what to do. I wouldn't know.
Speaker 2: And it's it's fucked up because we're surrounded by so much, so much forest, and you know, but it's.
Speaker 1: Just like I would not know what to do.
Speaker 2: I think about that often, like I don't know how to create a tent, Like I'm not to pitch a tent. Even if you give me a tent right now with the destructions.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't know how to do it. I could do that, at least I don't know. I couldn't do that shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, but they're they're not preparing us for the end of the world, which is probably purposeful. Yeah, Like that's why I brought up to you and DeMars. I forgot like a year ago about the Will Smith movie.
Speaker 1: What is it? I am legend?
Speaker 2: I am legend, Yes, Like there'd be no movie if I was Smith, Like just bite me.
Speaker 1: I'm joining y'all. Really, but he had. I mean it was he was going to grocery store.
Speaker 2: He was in the city and could find certain ship. But I'd get tired at some point, like just I'll just join y'all. Y'all, y'all are surviving way better. I'm not gonna keep doing this. They got my dog, like, come on, zombie me, let's do this, zombie me, Let's let's do it. I'm a zombie, Like, that's that's the race now, is the zombies. I'm on that side. Did you ever have to read the movie, not the movie, the book Hatchet. No, I don't know if that was your era of required. No, it probably was, and I still didn't read it. The kid got I think it was like a plane crash and was out in the woods and only had a hatchet with him and survived. It was only a nonfiction book could exist that way. And then the hatchet too.
Speaker 1: He got rescued, but couldn't deal with society anymore and went back out to live with adjustment. Yeah, like that is just stupid to me.
Speaker 2: Tom had Even if you give me the fucking skate, I'm not making castaway. No, we talked about that one screen sunscreen alone I need. Yeah, like that, that's that video speaking of that, you spraying sunscreen on yourselff like that was so fucking funny. I'm like, yo, well why not just put some SPF, some moisturizer and then we were going to the Barclays.
Speaker 1: It wasn't even like we.
Speaker 2: Was going, but that was the joke. Put it on sunscreen to go to an indoor event. But you never know what the lights, Yeah, they can affect your skin. No, I actually have great sunscreen that I put on my face. But yes, I was doing it and people seeming.
Speaker 1: To enjoy that that video, it was pretty funny. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about the next one, doing an influencer get ready with me for a electronica session.
Speaker 1: Oh God, Jesus Christ, good luck, good luck with that one.
Speaker 2: What's the things that like the police officers wear for the dogs, like when they're training the dogs to bite, it's whatever.
Speaker 1: Those flock but it's like a it's it's a suit.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about buying that suit for the for the two great dans, like you gotta to walk in the studio, Yeah, but not the dogs was cool though, they're cool to you, and they're cool to me. Oh, okay, because we've known them since puppies. Okay, you know I've had hospital visits. Really, those dogs will fuck you up. I mean they're great dangs, They're big dogs. But I didn't know they they bit Somebodey before allegedly allegedly, Okay, multiple people, allegedly, multiple victims are walking around after a j Electronics session. Speaking of JA Electronica, we did get a jay Z verse today, which when I woke up, I, yes, we did.
Speaker 1: Was AI. I thought it was A too. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: When I first heard it, I thought it was AI. It sounded like a bunch of JA in fluctuations and things pieced together, and we know that's what AI just pulls from songs that already exist from the artist.
Speaker 1: But yeah, did I thought it was A as well.
Speaker 2: And it was posted on an a Twitter page that like hosts real ship but sometimes doesn't, So I again, I just thought it was some AI shit. But then like an hour later it was fully on Beyonce's YouTube page. So it's the Morning Doe remix featuring jay Z. I was really hoping it was you wasn't feeling it.
Speaker 1: I like.
Speaker 2: I like the remix version, like version of the production. It actually felt kind of like how Hove did his Yankee Stadium shows with the band, Like it's a bunch of different records. We know, it's a great mashup, Like it's a really cool remix mashup that like a DJ would do. So I loved that version of it with the Sheech West shit Iley Brothers. I think there was a few big pivot sounds in there as well. Like, I just thought the mashup was really cool for the remix for Beyonce.
Speaker 3: A right.
Speaker 1: Maybe this goes back to the conversation.
Speaker 2: We were having, well, I was having with Demeris about j Cole in the Pilot's record planes.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, there's just some drunken love was my limit love drunk and Love hate record iconic record. Yeah, just some rappers. I just I don't really want to hear about they dig Gang. That's all. Was that in his version he got it. I don't think he got into that in his verse though.
Speaker 2: Well, the first four bars are a fire flip of you know how last night went, Let's see what the morning do?
Speaker 1: Sloppy like morning Do. I just I don't know. I think it's great that Mary Mary people should talk about that. I just you don't want to hear it. I feel you, I feel you. But I'm not hating on the record again. Love the production.
Speaker 2: And if this means Hove is in the place where he's just gonna start dropping Lucy's or he's comfortable rapping again and putting music out, let's go.
Speaker 1: I don't care. Well, let's go. When Bleak was here, we both agreed, I don't. I don't want a new j album though, Well, I disagree with either if he has something to say on here, I'm not an album though. Well, what'd you think of the verse then?
Speaker 2: Because I thought the flat this check West part like, I like, I like that. I don't know, just it took a few listens want to realize it wasn't Ai again. I don't know why. Maybe that's how our ears are now wired. It felt like on because of the mashup. Yeah, it just felt like somebody kind of just put that together.
Speaker 1: So I had to get that out of my brains.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is a real Hoe verse and yeah, it was just introduced weird to me, And maybe that's the thing we have to get used to now with some of our favorite artists. AI records are gonna be I'm sorry not AI records are going to be introduced to us and we're gonna think they're AI. It didn't really even sound like a whole flow to me.
Speaker 1: It just I mean, it felt like a song that we already got from J and B. Like it felt like, like you said, like was that drunk of love? Do say? Is this ship?
Speaker 2: It kind of felt like that a little bit. Yeah, especially with the quarter fuck Nigga Hate No Mob and Nigga Hate No Mob. I mean to Page's point, I think they're gonna love that record. That's gonna be the part of the record that. Yeah, that's people definitely love when it's you know, in the clubs, they're gonna play that a lot.
Speaker 1: I also like that I only hate on us on the internet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, again addressing things that are out there. When I say I when Blical said is saying that I didn't want to Jay album, meaning that I don't know, man, Because again I feel like if Jay puts an album out now, one I don't know because everybody attaches, you know, success to how well did it stream, where did it chart?
Speaker 1: How long did it stay there?
Speaker 2: This, that, and the third, Like, I just think that there are more people waiting to kind of like take away from Jay's legacy then to add.
Speaker 1: To Jay's legacy at this point, but I just don't even care, Like I have no idea what four forty four did in its first I don't. I don't stand.
Speaker 2: But now today, more than ever, everybody is so fixated on that aspect of things and not the music, not how well does it sound, how well does it you know, like live and things like that.
Speaker 1: Jay doesn't have to think about that. No, not, he's not thinking about it.
Speaker 2: But that's why I would like an album from him, because he who cares and I don't think he gives a fuck. No, I know he didn't care about that. I'm just saying, just the the void the opinion of the public. It's like it's almost like they're waiting to say, you know, father Tom caught up with you finally, like get out of here.
Speaker 1: This is trash.
Speaker 2: Like people are almost waiting for that moment, you get what I'm saying, Like that's what it feels like, Whereas now it's like, okay, thirty years reasonable doubt, Blueprint twenty five years, you give him those moments, sold out three nights at Yankee Stadium. Like, to me, it's like boom let that stadium. Now, you introduce a new body of music if it things for people to kind of say, oh, he's again the nitpicking here. He sounds old, he sounds outdated. He doesn't you know what I'm saying. Nobody wants to hit the same old flow. We heard this type of song already, Da da da da dah. Like I just feel like there's more people like that waiting to have those opinions than to say, damn, still sounds great. This is a different sound for Jay Love that he tried this Da da da da. To me, that's what.
Speaker 1: I'm leaning more towards. I just don't. I just feel like there's way too many people.
Speaker 2: Waiting to have that moment to judge and say, yo, there's no you know, he's too old for this genre now, like he's officially outdated. Like that's how I feel, And I just don't want to have to sit and sit through that and see that. But I think that's still that niche part of the Internet that we were talking about that was hating on the Yankee Stadium shit, and then you saw how many people were at the Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 1: Shit. I do think that's a small no, no, no.
Speaker 2: For sure, it's heightened in one place, which is the timeline, But that is a small group of people when you get in the scope of things, when it comes to the amount of people that are actually listen. So but even coming off to this verse, no matter what, okay, this verse. Objectively, if somebody was like, I don't like this, I wouldn't argue with them, right, But there's also the side. Let's say Hove put out his twenty twenty six version of Blueprint, and by that I mean an undeniable classic, not that sounds like Blueprint, but like, oh this is this is not right. Those same people are still waiting for the same thing, and they're gonna do the same thing and hate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not gonna change no matter. Why fuck it. Let's get the music, no matter what.
Speaker 2: If Jay has something to say, that's where I'm at with it. If he has something to say, then I'm cool. I would like to hear it, because no matter what, good or bad, that's what people are gonna go with. Yeah, it could be the greatest thing ever, but That's kind of what he was addressing on the end of this verse exactly, was like, y'all gonna be y'all twit's still gonna be tweeting. This is what we're doing it. So I'm enjoying my life with my wife, right. So if we on that type of vibe for the album and it's hove, then I would love to hear. Of course, people are gonna say that, Yeah, that doesn't change much at all.
Speaker 1: They're gonna say it flopped regardless.
Speaker 2: If he doesn't outsell gnx Iceman or fall Off, it's gonna be a flop collectively. Collectively, he has to sell more collectively, yeah, because that's now the standard. Well, actually, I don't even know what the standard is. Yeah, because even when Kendrick sells well or Drake sells well, they're still saying they didn't hit another number they hit before. So at what point do we even care? Because who sold this year and numbers really don't matter to me. But in the scope of this conversation, what's a flop? Yeah, if Hope puts something out and sells under one hundred thousand, but it's incredible and he has a billion dollars and can sell out stadiums.
Speaker 1: Did I flop?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Show me where I flopped, because I'd love to flop.
Speaker 2: Now, this is not a shot at Ross or anything to do with our history whatsoever Ross selling was it nineteen thousand, which, by the way, selling nineteen thousand records great, and Ross is already solidified and everything Ross has done, he is an icon in his own right in that regard, So who cares what he sells at this part of his career? How the show is doing with the orchestra. If those are selling out? Is it a flop? If they're not. Now we can have that conversation. And I know that support of Miami anniversary thing, But to me, what you do with the album post release determines if it's a flop. If Ross does a tour and sells the shit out with the project, then nineteen thousand is not a flop to me. Now If he's not doing that all right, now, we're having a different conversation, right, but not everyone can do Gunner numbers and Gunna tour shit. But if you tell I don't know what Gives sold last year, I know Gibbs is selling out theaters. If Give sells thirty thousand records. How is that a flop to me? Don't cool?
Speaker 1: I'm just throwing numbers out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I get it, man, I just you know, sometimes seeing Jordan walk away on the on the free throw line jumper is like the best way to end it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I agree.
Speaker 2: This is highest selling rap albums of twenty twenty six so far. Octane, fall Off, take Care, This is a right before Iceman, it came up. This is uh at this as of May twenty twenty six. I'm just blowing up Billboard shit randomly views, am I the Drama, Don't Be Dumb, Bully, GNX, Curtain Called Good Kid, Mad City, Graduation, Hope You're Happy for all the Dogs, Damp. Most of the albums that are the highest selling rap albums of twenty twenty six are albums that came out ten years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's a flop? Oh mean, well, I think we know what a flop is though.
Speaker 2: Top ten most stream rap albums twenty twenty six. This is as of one week ago. From Nfur podcast, Iceman, Octane, Graduation, Views, Rebel, take Care, The Boy Who Played Harp, The Eminem Show, Get Rich, Dot Trin, Don't Be Done. Top ten as of one week ago. Most of these came out well before twenty twenty six. Yeah, but I wouldn't say. I wouldn't say Larry June flopped. Larry June sold twenty two thousand. Larry June if he announces that he's popping up in Soho, I've seen it myself. All Soho is gonna shut down. What's a flop?
Speaker 1: He can go on the tour, he can go overseas. What's a flop?
Speaker 2: Sell a bunch of merch have all twenty two thousand of those streams, every last one of those persons buying T shirt, it's a flop. Maximize your audience.
Speaker 1: Lotto thirty three thousand. I think that's incredible.
Speaker 2: I don't know if her label, with her overhead and the recording budget would go that is a flop. I don't know, because I don't know, and I'm never gonna populash Lotto.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just think it's so niche on what a flop is at this point that you can't really there's other things the factor in outside of the streams and things like that, because, like you said, if the label, if they recouped, Yeah, you know, Bully did a buck fifty Is that low for Kanye who's been Diamond before?
Speaker 1: I guess in that sentence.
Speaker 2: Sure, I'm sure Kanye is looking at that like I did that completely independent, without any type of rollout whatsoever. I saw one hundred fifty thousand. I'm doing stadiums in fucking Bulgaria. I'm selling out Albania. Right, No, not to state I'm selling out the country.
Speaker 1: Right. Did I flop?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a difference sixty percent bully songs on that set list. Everyone's singing the word did I flop? According to what the fans would say, Yeah, one fifty Kanye usually does four hundred, Right, that's a flop? Yeah, yeah, I think it's just it's just a sign of the times changing, especially you know the whole streaming thing.
Speaker 1: It's just it's a different time.
Speaker 2: Now, Like even this the Morning Do record, not even the remix when the first one came out, if you were you know, part of the behive, you knew that song existed before it was finally on streaming.
Speaker 1: But I saw plenty of people.
Speaker 2: That were comparing when you know, Beyonce is putting out a single to what the numbers did one morning dude, Like Damn, it's over for Beyonce.
Speaker 1: No, it's not. That sounds crazy, ins So.
Speaker 2: I don't care if Morning Dude sells nothing like just throwing some shit out for fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they have the ability to do that, now have the luxury to do that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now if you care about that and you're in the beginning of your career, then yes, that would be a flop.
Speaker 1: I don't know. The flop scale is is all over the place different.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think we know who the people are that are obviously streaming well and will continue to do that. But everybody's not gonna do those numbers. But like you said, you have your audience, you have your pockets, you have your following that supports what you do, what you put out, You're able to sell hard tickets and fill venues. And you know, it's at that point, like you said, is what is flopping?
Speaker 3: Really? What is that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And granted it doesn't take away from now.
Speaker 2: If you're not streaming well and your live shows are, then we can have a different conversation. Yeah, But I mean that's also why I do give credit to people like Gonna. I think Rocky did like one. I'm not taking away from that because that's so hard to do right now, it's just set like that's crazy and you guys should get your flowers for that because no one else is doing it. But that just doesn't define everything in this day and age where if you don't have a crazy first week, you can't be a successful artist. And that's really shit. Our guests that we're about to have now made a lane for himself for sure when he was in the machine and it wasn't working out like and has been consistently putting all good shit. Yeah, I mean, we could just say it now because I'm sure you probably saw a description we have Trinidad James on which people said at the time flopped. We Trinerad James has been here for last ten years, hasn't disappeared, still putting out music, still putting out product. Yep, doing fine, just his way, exactly after he was called a flop. All right, well let's bring up my best dress is in the building. No maul boost Mobile is proving that you don't have to overpay for great wireless. Please please unlock your savings twenty five dollars a month forever unlimited plan. I don't have any more times I have to tell you, moll, it's a permanent price with no contracts, no prices. You can keep all the phones that you have in your pocket and the number, but save up to six hundred dollars a year compared to the major carriers with the seven phones you have six hundred times like, look at all the money, you say, so, stop overpaying and switch to a fair price at boostmobile dot com today based on average annual single line payment of AT and T Verizony and T Mobile customers compared to twelve months on the boost Mobile Nlimited plan as of January twenty twenty six. For full off of details, visit boostmobile dot com. Today's show is brought to you by a presenting sponsor, Hard Rock Bet Sportsbook. Maul, I know you feel like it's the slow period. You're waiting on football as long as you talk about, but we do have baseball. Yankees are in full effect. This summer, Hard Rock Bet has the hottest betting odds in Florida. They're introducing the ten cent summer sale. Did you say ten cents? Ten cents? The big juice fee, whatever you call it, whatever era you're from. If you grew up in Howard beach. I don't know, whatever you want to call it. We're cutting our cut on winners spreads over an under pregame baseball bet.
Speaker 1: Same bet. That's better odds, Like, what more could you ask for more? I love it ten cents. I think I could swing that.
Speaker 2: If you're ready to step into the battles box, sign up with hall Rock Bet today in place a five dollar bet. If it wins, were you get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets on top of the winnings. That's an extra one hundred and fifty dollars on your account. So grab your bat and swing for the fences. Worry all August long during Harrock Bets ten cents someum of sail. Download the hall Rock Bet app today. Row with us pay on bonus bets. Not a cash offer offer by a seminal tribe of Florida and Florida offered by Seminal Harrock Digital, LLC.
Speaker 1: In all of the states.
Speaker 2: Must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions applied concerned about gambling in Florida, you call one eight three to three play wise. In Indiana, if you are someone you know has a gambler problem wants helped, call one eight hundred and nine with it gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, and Virginia. Welcome back to another episode of the new Rory and Mall Podcast.
Speaker 1: I am Mall Rory and today Rory.
Speaker 2: We are, you know, joined by some very fashionable, very artistic, very eclectic, very fly gentlemen.
Speaker 1: I'll let them introduce themselves.
Speaker 4: How y'all doing out there? I go by best I'm dressed and we are bad stressed.
Speaker 1: Best dressed b E S S.
Speaker 3: D R S S D Yes, sir.
Speaker 2: When you when you ask what's the dress code before you go to the event, do you ever really follow the instructions?
Speaker 3: Well, I haven't followed the ruler.
Speaker 1: Somebody, this is an all white party, you're not going.
Speaker 4: Well, that's the thing about I always come to somebody's party a little bit different because usually the idea of it when like if I'm speaking about my dress code, right, my dress code is how fly I show up is how much.
Speaker 3: I fuck with you?
Speaker 4: Okay, Oh, Like I've never been in a room where I've been outfly where anybody ever got upset of like damn.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It's always like even though he didn't wear white at all, or he didn't wear black at all, he's.
Speaker 3: Like, Damn, that's him. You know what I'm saying. I've made it to that place in life where it's like that's him. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think I think we met at an event that was at the Gucci store years and years and years ago, and we were the only two that didn't have Gucci on it. That was one because I couldn't afford it into because you didn't want to.
Speaker 1: We were the only two same at the Gucci store.
Speaker 2: You had to wear Gucci to go to the event, and somehow I got in with the shitty T shirt and Jordan's.
Speaker 1: But anyways, Yeah, because what in you? It's not on you know? Right?
Speaker 5: That's really Ethos, the best stress bro. It's like the dress code is it's in you, it's not on you.
Speaker 2: Have y'all have you ever seen any artists that y'all are fans or that y'all love and you'll be like, if we could just put our thing on them.
Speaker 4: Like everybody, I don't think nobody really is that tight, you know what I'm saying, Like not that tight?
Speaker 3: Like you got to think about it.
Speaker 4: We don't have stylists, right, so everything you've ever saw is where, whether you like it or not, we made that decision to wear. Most of the people that you like their fashion or don't like their fashion, they didn't even dress themselves.
Speaker 3: So it's like if we.
Speaker 4: Replaced their stylist, we would change the way that people perceive you. Because your image is highly the reason how people assess who you are as.
Speaker 3: A man or a woman. We'll change that.
Speaker 4: Like we're life changers, bro, Like no bullshit, My background is styling.
Speaker 3: Before I even did music, you.
Speaker 1: Had a store in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and you was into fashion and you came in the first time we saw you on our on our televisions.
Speaker 1: It was like, okay, who is this guy?
Speaker 2: Like yes, sir, Automatically, the fashion is what caught us. The music was like okay, but it was the style. Is that something that you always made sure was the statement? Like people when they saw you first, they already knew set me up from everybody else.
Speaker 4: No, I had no idea what I was doing when y'all first saw me. I just knew what I wanted to do for me. So when you see all go everything, you're looking at somebody who I planned all this out as far as like what are we doing for the video? But none of it had to do with impressing someone other than per Se, my closest friends, who if you think about it, like who are they the person? They're not famous, they're not. This is people from my hod, people I grew up with. They were already doing music before me. So the first people that I had to, like per Se do something for was for them. So everything that you see is like, I don't know America. I'm an immigrant.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I had never left Atlanta. I don't know anything. You know. I grew up in like New York.
Speaker 4: But that's from an immigrant living in Florida, living in New York, living in Atlanta, living in South Carolina. I don't really know what's happening in mainstream media, which most niggas don't know. When you start off, most artists like you just do the thing and then it becomes a thing.
Speaker 1: It was interesting that when all gold Everything hit, I feel like you got the stamp of like industry plant when it was the complete opposite. It was grassroots. Of course, like Soldier boy Id utilized YouTube and viral existed, but I don't have really had like a term. I don't know if the word vi to be.
Speaker 4: The first person, I have to be the first person, like and I love Soldia I saw the other day on the plane, and.
Speaker 2: Be careful, you the first person go viral, see if you have something to say.
Speaker 1: But all Soldier was the first.
Speaker 4: I'm the first person to the term, right, But no, I mean the thing about it is like I mean, even if you did go off, you know, like the truth is, you cannot find facts to prove that the word viral was ever used for someone in hip hop before or Turn that James came about. And so it's like to me, when words get coined like bling, bling and just all the things that you know, we coin with our culture, that's when it really holds weight.
Speaker 3: It's not the first.
Speaker 4: I always say, the first mouse gets to trap, the second mouse gets the cheese.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. And that's just it is what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I mean you you were still I felt like the blog era hit then, and it was kind of like the haves verse, the have nots of real hip hop first, Like it was that blog era. It was weird that you didn't you got tied into the opposite because I remember you had like Santo's like you was around all the lyrical blog rappers the entire time. Yet somehow do you think it was the media or the timeline that puts you on this like this is what's wrong with hip hop right now?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: I think that it's definitely media. My biggest competition is media.
Speaker 3: The reason is that the people.
Speaker 4: I'm blessed that you guys give a damn about understanding the nigga when y'all pay attention to something. So if you like something, if you like something, you actually go listen to it. You might check out some stuff. How whatever you pay attention for, you just start spurting off at the mouth.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: The reason why you can say what you say is like, bro, I've seen this dude hanging around all the niggas that can round. Is because everybody loves me as a person. You will not not love me as a person if you're a person, if you're a real person, you can't not not love me because I operate in the aura of respect.
Speaker 3: First. Yeah, let's start there.
Speaker 4: You know what, you're better than me and holds no way because I'm not trying to do that.
Speaker 3: I've never and you will never see me be like I'm fin.
Speaker 4: I wrap these niggas today, bitch Like, That's never been my aura for me. I always stay to student because everybody that ended up becoming a pair of minds or a friend of mine or some or even a competitive of minds or somebody that I first was a fan of what they do because I understood gradually, year by year how hard it is to be successful in this shit.
Speaker 1: Bro. Yeah, And I mean I had on like just just left def Jim when you had gotten signed, but outside looking in and you know, just being in certain rooms the music.
Speaker 2: Did you kind of also invent trolling a bit? Did you kind of lean into some of the villain stuff at that time? Because when I was just like, all right, this guy seemed very strategic, highly intelligent. Is the Tim Westwood freestyle?
Speaker 1: Is this a version of leaning into being a villain and trolling before trolling was really a thing.
Speaker 4: Nah, I'm not a liar, so I just can't tell that lie. I just fucked that freestyle up. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, Like, you know, I just fucked that up, Like that was that was genuine, just I fucked that up.
Speaker 1: I had a great well the first person a freestyle in a while.
Speaker 4: How was the intentionally going into it of like damn, I love this Drake and jay Z b hm because I loved Drake and jay Z. Yeah, and going into it, I had an idea of I had already been like rapping to it, and then I got kind of like just over conscious of like damn, I don't want to wrap something I already wrote, because then I wouldn't be freestyling. So I was overthinking the whole concept of freestyling. Hand wh I just sucked up you do it. But I wasn't trying to troll. I mean, I'm trolling. Is maybe something that I understand a lot better now, to be honest with you, But in the beginning, Bro, you just honestly seeing a raw artist.
Speaker 3: Bro, one of the hardest things to ever drewly be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you always be mis understood when you're actually a raw artist. Most people are industry plans, most people are groomed.
Speaker 3: Most people are taught. I wasn't taught anything.
Speaker 4: I have no big homies, I have no mentors, I have no none of that.
Speaker 2: I don't have on purpose? Or is that that's just I worked out?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I'm always say shout out to my first CEO, my boy fly in Atlanta. Yeah, always, he should helped change my life, you know what I'm saying. But shit, to a certain extent, we both didn't really know much whatever. He understood business in the streets whatever, and he understood how to listen more speak and speak when when it's important. So I picked that game up from him, and I already what kind of was that guy?
Speaker 3: Which is not the money?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: So when you get the money, you get to kind of lock.
Speaker 4: Into the gentleman that you're going to be or the woman that you're going to be once money and power comes into your life.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like you kind of helped usher in the lifestyle having to be paired with the music, or the lifestyle being an incentive to want to fuck with the music like of course, like his brothers in Hove, they had the drug dealing lifestyle attached to their.
Speaker 1: Music, but not everybody was a drug dealer, right were you?
Speaker 2: Do you think you were one of the first to do the lifestyle thing that was non crime related, like, oh, this is just sneaker store fashion.
Speaker 1: Lifestyle is attached to the actual music.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what I think? What I think?
Speaker 4: To go off what you said, I think that in twenty twelve, Trinidad James and the ASAP Crew.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yea AM's heavily included I whatever.
Speaker 4: You kind of showed you that, bro, you don't have to be that gangster to be popping in music and you could pop your shit. Yeah, how whatever, Like we set the tone for that. I'm a one man army. They're an army. How whatever. But we at that point in time, that's what I was pushing for the South because that's what I represent, and that's what they were pushing for the East Coast. It's like, I don't care about ACEP Rocky talking about shooting nobody, like he's had lines like that. Yeah, but it don't know, nobody gives a fuck. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I'd rather more pay attention or what people pay attention to. It's like Damn.
Speaker 4: That's supreme goddamn tower, leopard print tower. When he come out the store, That's what somebody is fighting to go get. They're not fighting to go buy no gun because Rocky said I'm gonna pull to four four, like you know what I'm saying. So to me, we both kind of like brought that into it, you know what I'm saying. Even with Ferg like Forerow a gangster that happened, Like he's about workout shit, he's.
Speaker 3: About having fun, like fun and life and.
Speaker 4: Sharbo Ranks and you know what I'm saying, like all the other things. So you know, we definitely set the tone for that. Like it's no other artists that was going for that at the time. I mean, to me, the only people that I could think of who would be like Chris Brown and Tiger We're a fan of a fan, whereas like, but.
Speaker 3: The music was so good.
Speaker 4: It's like the music holds the way that Chris fucking round, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But the fashion was good, Like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Like because even that whole era, because we're talking lifestyle, Big Sean is a good equal duality of like Nigga carrap, but he could put this shit on. But he's also getting styled too. You know what I'm saying, like shout out to like Taz Arnold. You know what I'm saying, we're talking definitely lifestyle. When we're talking lifestyle here, we ain't even really talking rap like that just happened to be something that niggas do. But lifestyle is kind of like our aura at the core. And I think that we introduced that, and I think I note that we introduced that because.
Speaker 3: We set the tone.
Speaker 4: Like I remember Rick Ross calling me I was in New York City and Rick Ross calling on even how you got my number?
Speaker 1: Whatever?
Speaker 4: Like Yo, them loafas nigga, not Hello, how you doing?
Speaker 3: What's up? Trin that them loafas nigg That's how you start the conversation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's when your lifestyle, that's when with your aura, And that's when that's what people see. They don't not even hear what I'm saying, right, they're not even hearing what I'm saying. They don't care about my raps. It holds no weight, But this lever pretty sure. There's fit these VASACEI loafers that niggas ain't worn since Biggie. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. That's lifestyle, bro, Is this something you do?
Speaker 2: Y'all feel like social media has kind of ruined the sense of fashion and personality because there's so many people following each other and if somebody's wearing this, like I need to go get that, Whereas pre social media you had to really run around the cities and go to pieces, find them pieces and put it together. Like now you can see somebody like they'll see best stress. They'll follow y'all social media and be like, yo, some my stylistic look. I want to wear exactly what trinid that got. I want to wear exactly what five got on in these photos? Do y'all feel like social media has taken away kind of the responsibility of staying true to who you are as a as a person, as far as your style.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think it goes beyond fashion into music, taste, all things. Honestly, it's going really out of control. And you know, my campaign right now is bringing back gatekeeping. I think, like gatekeeping.
Speaker 2: See I'm glad that's yeah, sure.
Speaker 5: You know, it's just like allow the artists to have some mystery, allow the things to be a little bit sacred so that you can't admire it. You know, once everything is attainable, It's like when your kid. Once you get that toy, you want it, and then you got it, and it's nothing done with it, right, you know what I mean. That's become everything, movies, entertainment, all that. So especially with fashion because it's so easy and accessible for everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got online shopping. You can buy a thing right now, right like you used to have to really like you had to go to the stores and find them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, like they still have that camp out culture is still a thing, but like I'm talking about where it wasn't like you just had to know the different right the shops way, like you had to really put it together and put the whole fit together. Let's talk about the music though, Let's get it. I was talking to you earlier, Trinidad about the Nobody song with you and Cody Shane, right.
Speaker 1: Right right, I did.
Speaker 4: When I say something, I say something, please do all right, So right now for every woman, man, nigga, bitch, whoever you associate yourself with, as right I am on a musical tear. You don't fucking listen. You only see what I wear and then you copy it. You see what I'm with my dogs and you copy it. You don't pay attention to the music. You niggas don't love music. You niggas just hear music. Trinidad James is on a fucking tear. Cody Shane is the start of that tear with I saw nobody started.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you if you heard that, that nobody right and not to not to not to put this on it, Trinidad. But when I when I first heard that, and I remember saying to myself, if this was Gunner right right, this record would be everywhere, this song would be everywhere, right because when you're listening to it, and then when you when your verse comes on the melodies, what you're saying, how you're you're.
Speaker 1: Styling on it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, music is so weird these days because if this said Gunner and Cody Shane and not Trinidad James and Cody Shane, everybody would be talking about this record. But to what you're saying as far as being on the tear, yes, I agree with that. You've been putting out some incredible, incredible songs.
Speaker 4: And that's the and I'm not delusion, though I also understood that I took four years to build my behind the scenes business and helping other artists and then not dropping my own music, So I understand how to side out of mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how whatever, But even.
Speaker 4: Still the way that taking it back to what we talked about earlier, media sets it up. Whereas like when you think of him, think all go everything. When you think of him, think of fashion, think of fashion. So it's if you consistently have media telling you that the only thing I could do is my job, which is I could keep building my ecosystem, right, and as they say, when they catch up, you'd probably worth more right, you know what I'm saying. But I must say that, and I'm happy that you brought that record up because there's so many other records that you.
Speaker 3: Could bring up.
Speaker 4: Is like that record is the start of like just an actual.
Speaker 3: Tier. Whooping ass?
Speaker 1: Could you put that on the January yep?
Speaker 3: You know, and to be keeping it a buck with you. This is twenty six.
Speaker 4: So July of twenty five, I dropped a record called joy Land with my artist thirty one grams, and that was honestly the true tier. But I was unsure because it was my first record dropping in.
Speaker 3: A while, so I was like, I don't know, it went up.
Speaker 4: It did like really good on all the social media platforms. I even got a little some money from a distribution company because there was like, shit, okay, you know.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Numbers don't lie, Like I am not inflicting that, and I'll keep it organic because I come from the organic background up ship in time and then moving into newer times or whatever. I was like, okay, we got the music done, and I dropped my biggest hat, which was Herbie Hancock flip.
Speaker 3: And I pushed that actually all last year.
Speaker 4: Because I wanted to learn what it is to work one record now the TikTok way and this new content way.
Speaker 3: So these last couple of years been me, you know, all the things I.
Speaker 1: Helped people with.
Speaker 3: Was like, okay, how does it apply for me my own music?
Speaker 4: Because you pour into people long enough and then you realize, like now, niggas always think they did something or whatever, or they you not. They always think they could do something without you. I wouldever type shit, So it's like, okay, do it without me. But then more importantly, hey, my cup is empty and I'm feeling everybody else's cup up.
Speaker 3: Let's stop that bullshit.
Speaker 4: And so that's why I got in my bag and we linked with bro to put you know, finish up our project and get those things lined up. So it started with singles actually July twenty twenty four, keep Going, Keep Going, Keep Going, twenty twenty five, pushing a single for six months and a few more singles, and then this year tweeny twenty six started, started with the Cody because we don't have a project yet together, so it's I always dropped a single, but now this is the year of the projects, and so my first project dropping his best stress with best Yeah, so you know, and it's more, it's more to come, like my solo and just I'm back in the dropping game.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I got a record with my boyfriend Long Island one take. Carter lebron posted that shit whatever a month ago. Doug lebron At talked to me in ten years. You know what I'm saying that nigga he talked to me, says parting to Molly. I'm sweating, right man, that's the last time that nigga talked to me or whatever.
Speaker 2: And mister King is joining with Doe Boys Sauce twenty four, twenty five.
Speaker 4: Twenty four, twenty five. That's so me and I'm boom, you're paying attention like you. It's what I'm saying. You paying it, y'all pit you know what I'm saying. And that's the thing about it, is like people see what the fuck is going on?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 4: They he's not a niggas not aware. It's just that bro I have then when I met Bro, some people, I think y'all understand this. It's like, Bro, when you're a threat, the best thing I could do is not shot you out. The best thing a person could do. The best thing that Joe Bunds could is not talk about y'all. That's the best thing he can do. I'm just keep it in the buck. That's the best thing Joe can do is not talk about y'all, because if we talk about y'all, the people that are still fans of y'all that's still over there, it's gonna bring attention to it because y'all not bad at what y'all do. And that's the whole thing about life, BRO. Is like when you actually are good at something and you don't conform or follow rules, I already tell you even I ain't followed the rule in a long time, that shit comes with consequences and you can't be delusional about those consequences.
Speaker 3: So I'm dealing with it.
Speaker 4: But every time I'm gonna get a chance to pop my shit and tell motherfuckers that y'all don't listen shit, y'all don't know shit about music. You can't outrap me no more. You can't do nothing with me because you can never address me. This is the time for me just to consistently keep dropping on your head top and then whatever the God has for me, for us, for anybody that I do shit with, because everybody I'm doing shit with, from Doe Boy to one, take Carter Leon Knight, my brother here best our shit is going up or whatever.
Speaker 3: And it's not even that I wish that my name.
Speaker 4: Does the same thing that Gunna does, because I love Gunner too, you know what I'm saying, And he put that work in to make his name do what he does or whatever.
Speaker 3: For me, I'm more focused on, like, hey, what is my path?
Speaker 4: What do I need to do consistently to make sure that whenever I'm doing something with anybody, nigga are you bringing.
Speaker 3: Value to it? That's all I care about is bringing value. Nigga.
Speaker 4: I might not bring your number one, but I promise you I am bringing eyes because all them niggas like Gunner, Thug, Jesus Christ, everybody is looking at what I do the fucking move board for a long time.
Speaker 1: Bro. That's a fact. That's a fact.
Speaker 2: When when did you start focusing a lot on being a media personality? Because that was a shift. I feel like after the Depth jamdu it worked out.
Speaker 3: It worked out.
Speaker 4: I did my own version of a sneaker show at my condo, which was called Camp Jay. So that kind of gave me that like on camera, I'm ahead of the time. When I way ahead of time on that, I brought that idea to La. Nobody would pick up the show. What whatever my sneaker show. I was like, all right, I'm leaving alone. And then Complex they came and did a sneaker show and I was like, this.
Speaker 3: Shit feels like my show.
Speaker 1: What the fuck hold on?
Speaker 4: Let me get on here, And so I did it as a guest, crushed that ship, did really well. And then the host that was there when I left, he left and went to work somewhere else. And so then my accountant it was like yo, because I put him on sneakers. Referring to my accountant, He's like, he you're go and take his spot, And I was like, am I get a job for? It doesn't make sense? But then he was like, nah. Media has always been a thing that don't understand me. They never get my write ups right, they never understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: The music barely like it never Why Why is that though? I think that.
Speaker 4: I think that because I have no existence prior to to my existence, So I have nobody who can be like, oh, yeah, that was my man's man's or It's like no, I am a.
Speaker 3: Completely new creature. I am a completely new thing. And I'm not fake friends with niggas. Don't kiss ass, don't kiss the ring. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I barely kiss my mama. I'm not kissing shit. Bro, you know what I'm saying. And that triggers people.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 4: That trickers people, you know, And I understand that it doesn't bother me because I never lose my respect. I've always respected people from the jam. When sh don't bro, I could have said all type of crazy shit about Death Jam. You've never seen me say aything about bad about Death Jam. I let them go with the narrative that they dropped me.
Speaker 3: They didn't drop me, bro, I can tell you that stretch to your face. It never dropped me.
Speaker 4: I my Boyfly, who was my first CEO at TLG, think it's a game.
Speaker 3: He literally was like, Yo, this is what's happening with shit right now.
Speaker 4: And he pitched the idea to me, like, Yo, you can actually put in a request to get off of a label. They don't have to approve it, but you can do that. And we did that and they approved it. Yeah, and we just separated ways or whatever. And yes, respect because it's always respect from the Karen Quarx, Sean Pecos's boo which is a CON's brother, Barry Wise whatever, Chris Atlas, I would have.
Speaker 3: Those are the five people that like.
Speaker 4: Were my champions into Death Jam, right, and everybody named there's a fucking Death Jam heavy hitter at that time. Right, So I'm not talking about no fucking peon, you know what I'm saying. I'm talking about real people.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: That's how I came into the game with the five Horsemen, how whatever, and it's like as soon as I got in the five Horseman disappeared.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a big shift, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So it's like I think that the union or was twenty twelve, okay, twenty thirteen, Okay, twenty thirteen. I came out twenty twelve, and by twenty fifteen, twenty into twenty fourteen, that recourest we put in, Like twenty fifteen, that recourse we put in, that's when it got approved. I moved to LA and never turned back, you know what I'm saying, And Barry White signed me again. Barry White signed me again, bro with another.
Speaker 3: Record level with fucking Ron Perry Bro. I would ever type shit.
Speaker 4: And so it's like when I saw that, I was like, damn, I don't really understand you people, because I don't think I know y'all don't understand me. And so to go back to your question of like why is the media always have a why is it not right?
Speaker 3: How? Whatever?
Speaker 4: Is like, well, because nobody really does their fucking homework. I don't be in people face. I wouldever trying to prove to you anything. It's like you pay attention, like I'm doing the work. Your favorite artist is a fan of me. Your favorite artist is not out working me. I've been doing this shit for fifteen years now, Bro, this is year fifteen. Now, Bro, it's like, well fourteen, actually be fifteen. It's like I'm still here doing shit. Like literally Lebron posts my shit last night. My boy won't take holdever, Like so much shit, Like is so much shit on the way musically, because I've done all I've done and doing all the other things.
Speaker 3: I have my own.
Speaker 4: Brand, you know what I'm saying, Like the store, all the things that you're supposed to keep assive income as a man, like forget about the artist as a man. His things that as you graduate in from your twenties to your thirties and onwards, that like certain things to just start locking in a house, a car, you know what I'm saying, Like stop leasing, Like just there's things that hey, as a man, this shit changed for your diet, working out, like just so many things. It's like, bro, I had got the time when I was in people's face and you wasn't hearing music from me. I wasn't just depressed and crying and count gold coins.
Speaker 3: Not how I was doing the work as a man.
Speaker 4: He's supposed to do because I knew that the artist would shine again, but the artists could never shine correctly if the man is incorrect. And you know, it's like being blessed to have people like best in my life who is like he's a solid individual, takes care of his family. You know what I'm saying, just bought a new house. Like those are the type of people that I have around me. Those are the type of people. If you you see me out, I don't be with a bunch.
Speaker 1: Of people la bt like literally is by yourself.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know what I'm saying, Like that's where niggas be.
Speaker 4: With the extra you know what I'm saying, like free my man's big you and like be with all that type of shit Like no, bro, no, no, that is not because of no gangster shit.
Speaker 3: It's because I.
Speaker 4: Know myself as a man, I understand how to respect people. Most artists don't have their shit together. They can't talk, they can't interview, they can't sit down with you, y'all.
Speaker 3: They can't. They can't do it. They can't.
Speaker 4: I do these niggas careers. I've been able to do my career and their career like both careers at the same time. And now this is me be like, oh, I could do your career and do music, so let me show you that. Because I also didn't want to have my agency, which is I created my creative agency, which is five six seven is the name of it.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to be one of those people.
Speaker 4: Like one of the things that like Steve Nate Smith is the highest paid talker, right and but one of the things that always is going to be a jab to the side of him is like, bro, you don't play.
Speaker 3: You don't play.
Speaker 4: So when you say certain things because you want that viral moment or that the salacious moment, how whatever, is like, bro, you don't do the things. So I never wanted to be one of those guys that's like telling whoever you know what I'm saying, oh, don't do that, you can and then like I don't have none to prove.
Speaker 1: You got to be in the game.
Speaker 4: In the game, bro, Like, don't tell me about shit if you're not in the game, I feel please don't.
Speaker 2: So let's talk about the music best dressed. What can we expect, what's the sound, what's the energy, what's the what? What?
Speaker 1: What is? What are we expecting from best Dressed.
Speaker 5: You know, honestly, it's us finally doing what he said, like pouring back into ourselves. So instead of doing all the things that we would do for another artist, right, produce, try to cut you off, bring Mike a little closer, of course, instead of doing all the writing and producing for everybody, setting up the rolling, playing roll out for them, you know, making sure everything connects to do that for ourselves. And you know it's beautiful because it's actually free. We don't really give a damn about all the things. We just doing what we want to do, you know what I'm saying. And that comes from music down to the style. You know, I got a suit on today, but I might have a tea on tomorrow. We would do anything crazy, and that's kind of how the music is like a smortgage board, you know, and it's all made for you to dance and feel. Field music again too, because you know, a lot of people lost. The focus has become about content and about how I can make a moment out of this dude, you know whatever, When we started this, it was only about feeling and only about sound and only about you know, the movement of it all. You know, I came into the game, and I'll give y'all a little bit about me, because we you know, got no history. But I came in with Tea Pain. So I came in with the nigga that was the ultimate hit man. And you know what I'm saying, the feeling guy like he was relying on on that solely. And that's how I came in the game. And I met him maybe a couple of years after me Pain. And so those two, those two energies like big hit, big hit energy, big creative energy, person.
Speaker 1: Had the top hats.
Speaker 5: If you remember when Pain first came out, he was a circus, right, it was, you know, you know, as a producer, because that's why I came in primarily.
Speaker 1: It allowed me to be crazy free. You know, I could do whatever with him.
Speaker 5: He might pull up an D M B, he might pull up an R and B, he might pull up whatever, and then we just go crazy and tell and tell I met Trinida that I was really just out here kind of floating.
Speaker 1: I was kind of spoiled coming through Pain, you know, just coming out to somebody like like that.
Speaker 3: Bro, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I'm originally from Iowa, a little small town going Iowa, and so you know, when I'm at Pain, I was like, Yo, this guy is crazy. We can go we can wake up and do this, we can wake up and do that. And then when I moved from Atlanta to l a kind of do my own thing, I had to find new artists, you know what I mean. So I was out here working with doing the thing. If you ever worked in LA, it's a different It's like very monotonous. You're doing three sessions today. You don't know nobody. It's a bunch of strangers all the time. And then you know, through trying to find management, ended up linking with him in a random session in the midst of all of that, and you know, he the first thing he said to me was play me the craziest beats nobody can write to, which I had never heard in a session nobody. Everybody like, give me a pop smash, get smashed, give me a trap smash bro I smashed, like what you did for blah blah blah. But he was just like playing, which was challenging, you know what I'm saying. And I come from the beat battle era too, where it's like you want to impress the other person through the music and it ain't no words, but it could just be the beat. And so I played something crazy on and this this man actually killed dim shit.
Speaker 1: I'm like, and I've been in sessions.
Speaker 5: With everybody I signed the Pain, so I had everybody all the sessions, and he was the first one that I.
Speaker 1: Was just like, damn, he killed this shit. And he didn't even really know he was a songwriter at that point. He was writing kind of for other people, but like it.
Speaker 5: Wasn't really it was really just like I got more creativity than I have access to do anything with, so I'm just gonna keep creating. Then I was like, bro, you know you could be you could really be a songwriter for everybody, Like you got a crazy talent. After us really starting to get consistent with it, that's when we really locked in. I'm like, oh, this this is different because I have a perspective from the Pain side, and then he has a creative perspective that's just so left field. We get to bring people beautiful records, you know, like the assignment we did for Take Money and we did Conceded for Flow Millie. These are like newer records where we you know, are both of our world's kind of meet. You know what I'm saying, the creativity, the hard the precision because you know I came from precise type beasts too, and you know this this honestly to bring it all back to best stress though, it was like we had did that, Like he said, we've given four years of our life to other people of us your songwriting. It was like, yeah, bro, we didn't kind of learn you know, shout outs to learning on their their dollar. I will say that we learned a lot of the game through their budgets. And you know what I'm saying, that's one thing that I realized the job I.
Speaker 1: Was on someone else's like we got we got to pick up showing up. I'm using the session.
Speaker 5: Yeah, dressed like that, just like that, bro, So you really got to seize the opportunity because otherwise you kind of sitting and just creating in the back.
Speaker 1: And we saw that.
Speaker 5: It was like, man, look, we don't like working with niggas per se because they're very egotistical, but working with women is amazing. So we just we made a conscious decision to to work with women, focus on the women. Yeah, before the women thing was like a thing We did that in like twenty nineteen, twenty eighteen, and we were like, yeah, we respect women and we love women, and we're safe for women. I have wife, he ain't on that time, and like that, we just focus on the work. So it made us, you know, the safe place to go, and we did a lot of that stuff. And so now it's like, yeah, bro, we learned how to create a hit for a woman or a person that's outside of our own demographic right right, So that just allows us to write differently for ourselves.
Speaker 1: Well creative exactly.
Speaker 5: We learned how to do content. This shift that happened in the last week. We got to learn through other people. Like with Tay, we were very responsible for her viral success. You know, people don't know that, but we were back there doing everything. You know, I'll say this now, because you know, we were doing producing, writing, you know, mix it. We even mixed the record, We got the style, we styleed take for that video.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: We did everything, you know, and so after that it's like, yeah, bro, like instead of you give all this to these artists and sometimes they just don't meet you on the other side of it with the work because right now. Like we said at the beginning, it's so heavy on media, you need to work the record through social there's something viral you gotta do. And if the artists don't do that, it don't matter how good a record is, Bro, you got the best record in the world. If they don't do something to get the shade room talking about them, to get somebody doing a trend on a that, it don't matter.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 5: So at that point, it's like, we might as well just do everything with ourselves, like shoot and then read the benefits, you know what I'm saying, instead of taking a little fee or whatever the fee may be.
Speaker 1: Wow, No, no, no, we're gonna do that.
Speaker 5: And then with that kind of girl, we obviously we love ourselves, so we're gonna put the best into what we do because we love ourselves. So that's what we really what this project is is just like a reflection of how we feel about ourselves.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 5: Take care of all the ends, just like you would take a nice outfit, Taylor, and you get to every beach is good, every mix is good, every song that part. It's literally that we said that that's what the music is all about.
Speaker 2: What's best dress. Let them know where they could catch all.
Speaker 3: At so B S S D R S s D. That's our social media.
Speaker 4: Our website is where you really need to go though, the Best Dress dot com t H E B E S S D, R S s D dot com. This is very very important man, that this is not the last you're seeing of us once again.
Speaker 3: Like I said, this is the beginning of the war.
Speaker 4: This is playing offense, like Hope said, like all right, we play defense.
Speaker 3: Long enough, I have you long enough or whatever.
Speaker 4: I'm tired of people not meeting me with their best and that's why we just had to put our best into ourselves, bro, you know what I'm saying. Literally, the intro of the album is called Best Self. You know, that's the first song we start there. That's the affirmation, that is the a line like that. However, if you can't be your best self, you damn Su're not gonna be their best for me, you know what I'm saying. And so that's where we're at with it musically, and every opportunity that we get, every opportunity that I get, I mean, I gotta pop my ship, bro, I gotta I gotta let people know that this is not the kid who let mad Ship slide because I don't got time to argue bullshit or whatever. It's like, Bro, I got a family to take care. I got my mom, I got mad Ship to do, my dad. They're older people. I don't have time to be arguing with a nigga that don't care about themselves.
Speaker 1: You don't actually care.
Speaker 3: About me, you know what I'm saying? Like, Bro, I've never met a nigga that actually had real smoke with me. Never.
Speaker 4: Never.
Speaker 1: Bro, it's not real.
Speaker 3: It's not real, bro.
Speaker 4: But what is real is that taking advantage of great platforms like y'all and allowing people to know it's like, Bro, listen to the new music, pay attention to the.
Speaker 1: New video, listen to the views, like.
Speaker 3: That's the point.
Speaker 4: Like a nigga's not going to be mother fucking Little Hoozy and his hips in the streets.
Speaker 3: I'm a fucking grown up bro. I don't have that.
Speaker 5: I'll say I'll say that that. Like, Bro, listen to the music. That's literally it. That's always as you don't know what, camera whatever. Just listen to the music. Please, I promise that you will not be disappointed. We put our heart and soul into it. And that's really all it is. We're not trying to really sell it in the sense of everything else. Just listen, just listen to the music.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well listen anytime y'all back in the city, man, please come by.
Speaker 1: There's been a pleasure kicking with y'all. Trender that.
Speaker 2: I love everything that you're doing. Bro fire looking up for everything that you'll come best.
Speaker 1: You gotta come back and talk about some t paint sessions when you guys have that's that's fun. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got big paint records that we know that you were there for those sessions. Yes, sir, Yes sir, you guys as we gotta come back an hour and a half of just tapaining right now. Dress dress go get that. Just listen to the music. Yes, I'm that nigga. He's just that's best dressed.
Speaker 3: What's the dress code?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir,