Speaker 1: This is the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcast with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Almost Famous podcast. It's been holding it down, bring you the latest news and Bachelor Nation, from babies to catfishing. We've got a lot to cover today. It kind of feels weird we have Heather with us helping us break down all the headlines. Again, She's the one that does the research, is the expert. She's filling in for Ashley.
Speaker 3: Heather.
Speaker 2: I'm starting to get this. How do I say it? I'm the one holding it down here because I'm the one not on television. Like there's a little bit of envy, you know, Like I'm starting to I want nothing but great success from my co host. I love her dearly, but she's out there probably right now on some yacht, drinking champagne, eating your sarcruiary board, crying, arguing with some Rhode Island housewives, and I'm at my desk, Like, after we get done, I'm still at my desk.
Speaker 4: Let's not forget you just were gallivanting around really nice hotels filming a TV show too, So you know it's I don't think you would want to switch places with.
Speaker 5: Her necessarily, goodness.
Speaker 4: Is the kind of stuff that we just watched back on season one that she had to endure.
Speaker 3: I have so much more fun watching it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's the truth, you and me both. But yes, hopefully we will be getting Ashley in here very soon. I'm definitely working on something for her for early next week. And then, like I said, you know, next month, you and Lauren are going to be kicking off some recaps, so that'll be fun to dive into some housewives world.
Speaker 2: Yeah stuff, It's so fun to do that with Lauren. And if you haven't listened to our breakdowns yet, I enjoy them because I think Lauren is such a talented personality for these. She definitely is I want to say unfiltered because she says that are true, but she says them in a more like direct way than maybe I would or think through it. She also is opinionated. She's intelligent and funny, and she has more inside knowledge than most just based on her proximity to the situation. She's been an incredible co host for the breakdowns. Ashley will be joining us whenever she has the time, but let's be honest, none of us are upset with her. I mean, no, she's crushing it and that show's crushing it. I just hope that she doesn't forget about us little people when she becomes a Housewives like starstar.
Speaker 4: She could never, but we do have to give a shout up that, Like the Hollywood Reporter just wrote like a really incredible review of The Real Housewives of Rhode Island that dropped yesterday, just being the fact that it was such a great, you know, first off season since they were saying since Salt Lake City, which is what I said as a fan too. So it's great that it's been and so universally loved because, as somebody who's been watching the franchise for twenty years, there have definitely been some seasons and some reboots of seasons that have really just tanked and not like.
Speaker 5: Registered with the audience.
Speaker 4: So it's pretty cool to be, you know, on one of those seasons that was universally loved.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we're so close to it, like we can almost like taste the success of the show just like because of our proximity situation. Yeah, I feel cooler because I know Ashley that exactly, and that's always been the case. All Right, let's dive into the headlines today, we want to send out, first off, a big congratulations to Vanessa Grimaldy. She is expecting her double rainbow baby.
Speaker 3: That is a term.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I did not know until a few weeks ago when we talked about it. I think at that point it was a rainbow baby, double rainbow. I think I can make an assumption on what that means. But Heather, break down this incredible news for us.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So Vanessa, obviously everybody knows, is from Nick Vial's season, and she found love off screen and married Josh Wolf. They got married back in twenty twenty one. They had their first child, Winston, in twenty twenty two, and then in twenty twenty four she started to share that she had experienced some pregnancy loss, and earlier last year she revealed that she had experienced another pregnancy loss. She's been really candid about her fertility journey, which has been I think really helpful for a lot of fans and obviously other women to not feel very alone through that whole process. And this week she got to share that her family is growing. So they posted and said we've been keeping a secret, and then the video shows Winston having the sonogram and like holding it and she said, our double rainbow baby is on the way. She shared the exciting news. Winston has been collecting some of the toys to give to the baby. We're beyond excited to meet our little miracle and finally share the news. So that is amazing, so sweet, so happy for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really great. Speaking of babies. Bachelor alum Haley Ferguson you might know her from season twenty of The Bachelor where she starts your season. Yeah, welcome second baby, a girl with husband Ulla Pap.
Speaker 4: By the way, before we get into it, I don't think I'll ever forget the Twins' hometown visit that you did.
Speaker 2: I don't think i'll forget it either. They are fantastic people, the twins.
Speaker 4: Didn't you You walk into the house and they like each take you like to their bedroom, right, didn't they show you their beds?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And they had like eight wiener dogs. I'll never forget.
Speaker 2: And one of them, I guess I didn't know this at the time, but like one of the Wiener dogs had like a swollen gland. So they had like, oh no, like leak you know that help it leak. The gland from its own.
Speaker 5: Did they do that in front of you?
Speaker 2: I can't remember. It was a lot, uh, but they like it wasn't They're just great. So they're funny, and you're like, I expect nothing less than to you than the two of you to have like individual bedrooms that kind of look like teenagers at the time. Obviously they're incredible mothers and wives. Now it was years ago, but it was like very much on Like I thought it was a stick like this, this has got to be like a joke.
Speaker 4: They definitely leaned into their twindom on the show. I mean, if anybody remembers when they were on Paradise and they did the twins switchereroo on a date, you know, to see if the guy that one of them was connecting with could tell them apart, you know. So they've definitely leaned into that. And what's crazy is that they're you know, they're both pregnant right now at the same time, so like one just gave birth, which means we will be reporting very soon on the other one giving birth because that's like what's been so incredible about this. So, yeah, Haley is now a mom of two and she welcomed her second baby, a daughter named Veil Emily PAULV, on Saturday with her husband Ula. The newborn, who entered the world weighed seven pounds one ounce, and they already have a two year old daughter, Lavi Levine, and She shared the news on Instagram with a black and white photo close up with the baby says she's here with a little swan emoji. Shortly after the announcement, alongside her sister, shared official photos of the baby on Instagram, revealing the name, Like I said, Veil Emil Paul. So her sister obviously, like we said, is very happy for her and also pregnant. So I think that that's so cool, Like they're their kids are going to be almost are going to be like the same age, like twins having babies at the same time.
Speaker 5: It's insane.
Speaker 2: I also just am not surprised because they've done so many things together that it felt like and they're like they're their alignment in life is so great. They both married professional hockey players, they've been pregnant around the same time. Like they're doing it and they're doing it side by side, which I think is it would be a blast. I have no idea how to compare, But I think it would be a blast, and I'm sure it's a blast for the two of them twinning. Hannah Brown and Adam Uhllard celebrated their first wedding anniversary. I remember when they got married. Is only a year ago.
Speaker 5: That's gonna say. It feels like it was just yesterday.
Speaker 4: But that remember that gorgeous overseas wedding that we all saw so much content from. Yes, it was so beautiful. So yeah, they just celebrated their first wedding anniversary and the couple privately exchanged vows and an intimate, peaceful, and absolutely perfect home ceremony in June twenty twenty five, one month before they did the big wedding in France. So in honor of the first year of their anniversary of their Destination wedding, on the twenty seventh, they reflected on their nuptials on Instagram. You know, Hannah said one year ago, one year down, forever to go, and she added a photo sitting in her white dress, you know, showing that she you know, captioned it calm, excited, happy, and then and he commented and made his own post and he said us one year ago, he wrote in the caption, and then he wrote, happy anniversary, sweetheart, Grateful for every moment and you know we just Ashley recently just caught up with Hannah Brown on the pod. She was really open about, you know, this first year and you know what they've been through. They're going through obviously a huge, massive home renovation right now, which has displaced them. They're like living at friends' houses and like couch hopping. You know, also all of the medical stuff that she's gone through in this last year, so you know, they they've been through quite a bit in that first year of marriage.
Speaker 2: Some would say that the first year of marriage is the hardest year of marriage because everything's new and you're doing it together for the first time and trying to figure it out and it and so when you make it through and you add on the complexities, it has been a tough year. So it is something to celebrate, definitely when you make it. Hey, Katherine Judici, you would know Katherine from being the one that ended up with Sean Lowe after his season of the Bachelor. One of the success stories from The Bachelor shares an update after sons diabetes diagnosis. This is I was ingrained in this story because Heather, obviously a lot of our friends right now are having children, and obviously you know we have Winona and one on the way, and this diagnosis that she's speaking of, it has hit.
Speaker 3: Our friend group multiple times now.
Speaker 2: This is really helpful to have them speaking out because it was something you don't necessarily think about. So the signs and the symptoms are also things that we, you know, want to be a parent too.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Catherine shared on social media that their son Isaiah, was diagnosed with type one diabetes.
Speaker 5: She said, this week we found our strength. It came in the form of.
Speaker 4: Texts, gift cards, gifts cards, people each other.
Speaker 5: God.
Speaker 4: Thank you to all the friends and loved ones who lifted us up when we needed it, and we are so grateful for the foundation we built as a family before this. Isaiah is eight, and she said that he is doing better following his hospitalization last week and is getting used to his new normal and really getting used to being spoiled. And then along with the update, Catherine shared photos of the gifts and cards that the friends and family had sent. One snap showed several children's books centered on type one diabetes and laser arcade game while others featured signs reading You've got this Isaiah, We love you Isaiah. The past week has been a rough one for the Lows. Our precious boy, Isaiah was admitted to Children's hospital diagnosed with type one diabetes. Our wonderful pediatrician noticed some symptoms at our annual appointment that stuck out to her. She says, he had lost eleven pounds since his last visit. We thought he had just had a spurth, you know, a growth spurt, and had been drinking and.
Speaker 5: Peeing a lot.
Speaker 4: It's really hot here in the summer, so again, we weren't really thinking anything otherwise healthy and active. She ran some tests and sent us to the emergency room based on these alarming results. Thankful for the nurses, doctors, and staff who gave us a four year college education on this condition in four days. Catherine, who also has son Samuel who's ten, and daughter Mia who's six with Sean, added that Isaiah has endured countless injections, four days away from, four days away from his home, and a lifestyle and routine that feels very, very foreign. He's done all this without losing his playful spirit and a joy that doesn't make sense a lot of tears, pain and confusion too, But he has been a trooper, no question about it. She concluded, I am so proud to be his mama. Prayers for him and his siblings and his parents and his parents are welcomed as we navigate this new normal. It was hard because as far as we knew, and Isaiah knew he was a healthy boy, he didn't really show any symptoms outside of frequent urination. And the next thing he knows, he's getting blood tests and shots every two hours, which of course he hates as an eight year old. And after noting that his son Sean said is doing great, he said, God is good and we know Isaiah is going to be okay. So yeah, I think, like you said, it's really great for are people like that are maybe going through this experience as well, to be notified like, hey, yeah, even though at summertime, if your kid is drinking a lot and peeing a lot, that's like maybe assigned to get something checked out.
Speaker 3: A hundred percent.
Speaker 2: And I just want to mention because it has hit close to our friend group a few times now. If you're listening to this and just take a second and maybe go and share a comment on Katherine or Shaan's page in support of them too, because it's a big change for the parents. They are going to be monitoring, cooking differently, providing a different level of care. And it's probably shocking initially to have this happen, but the beauty is doctors and technology have gone in incredible directions to help make this as easy as possible. But the parents also, would you know, need the support and love and attention. And then what we're thinking about you, Isaiah as you do start a new normal and goodness gracious, I have a lot of golfing buddies that wear that little pump on the side of their golf pants and they seem very happy and they can beat me on the golf course up and down. So he'll be able to live a great life. Debbie Seebers reveals she almost got catfished into dating scam.
Speaker 4: Do you remember Debbie from mel season? Of course, she was the one guys who'd never been married in her whole life, one of the only ones on the show. I think she's from Colorado if I remember correctly. I think she lived in your era because because her hometown date was at Red Rocks.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, I remember she's a good per.
Speaker 5: Then yeah, of course, So Debbie.
Speaker 4: Is sharing a video on Instagram, she said, So I have a quick story and also a warning for you ladies out there.
Speaker 5: This guy tried to catfish me. Yup, that's right.
Speaker 4: She goes on to explain that she already kind of had some suspicions, but he kind of seemed, you know, normal at first. He reached out through TikTok, and my first red flag should have been his profile only had one picture, she said, but he but he was this handsome guy, you know, supposedly from Italy. Oh that's a red flag, a widower, and we had quite the conversation going. She noted that once the guy wanted to move the conversation over to WhatsApp and telegram, she realized it might have been a scam. I was kind of suspicious about that, so I just googled and said, hey, is there a scam going where guys reach out and then they want to move the conversation.
Speaker 5: Yes, absolutely, she revealed. It's so crazy like they're.
Speaker 4: Trying to what make a connection, to try and get you to give personal information or send them money. DeBie went on and added an extra warning to her followers, so they don't fall for any catfishing schemes anyways. Just to keep your eyes out, she said, be aware of men who reach out and want to move the convo to WhatsApp or telegram. Just one scam out there. It could has this happened to you. I want to throw a wrench in this for a second. If the guy lives in Italy, they communicate on WhatsApp, they have a foreign phone number, that is just, honestly sorry, that's just how people communicate in foreign countries with American numbers.
Speaker 5: That is not the scam.
Speaker 4: The scam is if you then start to communicate with him and he's asking for your social Security number, your credit card number, that's the scam.
Speaker 5: But I don't want people to think like, oh, he wants to.
Speaker 4: Take it to WhatsApp, It's he's catfishing me, right, I'm I'm not wrong about that.
Speaker 2: I use WhatsApp, Yeah, like anybody I talked to from any country outside of the US, it's WhatsApp exactly. So I mean, Heather, I think the point to this is there are a lot of scammers out.
Speaker 4: There, and there's a lot of scammers to senior citizens, not trying to put her on.
Speaker 5: Blocks on The Golden Bachelor.
Speaker 4: She's a senior and so like, they are targets for scams for sure once you're a certain age, because they don't expect you to be up to date on social media and these kinds of things. So it's good that she's sharing it. And yes, catfishing is a thing, but you're talking to somebody overseas. The WhatsApp thing might just be how they text.
Speaker 3: It's going to be a thing.
Speaker 2: Hey, do we have any updates speaking of this on Susan and her boyfriend from back in the day.
Speaker 4: No, but you know what, I haven't talked to Susan about him in a minute, but Susan will be at our annual pickleball event that is coming up, So get some answers.
Speaker 5: Yes, I will. I will relay that message.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Really sad news, Heather.
Speaker 2: In this headline, I'll just probably say it and we can pause for a second so we can clip it for social before you explain what it's all about. Tanner Tolbert jokes he's going to file for divorce from Jade Roper. I mean.
Speaker 5: Scary.
Speaker 4: I don't know if anything could break these two up. Quite honestly. But yes, obviously this is a headline. So they recently celebrated their ten year wedding anniversary. That is an achievement, right there, A paradise success story, no joke now. Tanner taken to social media to joke that he might file for divorce from Jade due to an unexpected prank she pulled on him. In a new video, he revealed, you, guys, I might need to file for divorce because my wife just played the worst prank possible ever on me that she didn't even know she was playing because it had been like three years in the making.
Speaker 5: Apparently.
Speaker 4: Tanner went on to share that Jade had bought him dissolvable swim trunks years ago, and he had never worn them until their current trip to Hawaii. So, first of all, have you seen these videos on TikTok of wives getting their husbands the dissolvable trunks? No, okay, these are a thing, Like this is a thing. First of all, I've seen it. I've seen it so many times on TikTok, like against my will. But I've also, for some reason, whenever I've come across these videos of these wives buying the dissolvable trunks.
Speaker 5: It's always on.
Speaker 4: A group trip or a group pool day, so it's like a bunch of wives banning together doing it and then all of their husbands jumping into the pool and them all dissolving at the same time.
Speaker 5: I've seen this like multiple times, which is so, oh my weird.
Speaker 3: I love this joke, though, don't.
Speaker 4: Say you love it. What if Jess is listening right now, it does this to you. This is it's crazy. These are crazy. It's crazy actually how fast they dissolve. It's it's pretty instantaneous when these guys hit the water, which makes me wonder, like, how can they possibly feel like actual trunks when you're wearing them?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: But anyways, he says, Uh, we drove down to the local beach. We were gonna get in the water with the kids, all that fun stuff. I jump in, hit my first little wave, and all of a sudden, it felt.
Speaker 5: Like my swimsuit busting. You didn't even read this. It's not laughing, but like my.
Speaker 4: Swimpsea busted a hole right through the butt crack. I was like, oh my god, what just happened. I told Jane about it. It's getting worse and worse. I come out of the water. My sweepsuit is basically gone. It's in shreds. After like mere seconds in the water. I'm telling you, these things dissolve like sugar and water, Like they just like disappear. I think it's very funny that she actually did this. Tanner revealed that he had to make the walk up of shade up the beach and borrow a pair of change shorts to get to their car from Valet since he.
Speaker 5: Got forgot to bring a towel, Like, what would you do?
Speaker 4: What would you do, Ben if she gave you dissolvable shorts? You don't have a towel.
Speaker 5: You're on a beach with your kids.
Speaker 2: Straight panic. It's not my kids, I'm worried about. It's everybody Else's.
Speaker 4: The public indecency that you're gonna get called out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, oh, I'm walking like I have no nothing I can do here.
Speaker 5: I can't. I can't even imagine this Such a good prank it is, and it sounds like it.
Speaker 4: It sounds like I want to bet that if this was three years in the making, that she just like bought them and like forgot them about them and.
Speaker 2: Then a honeymoon, like year seven honeymoon, Like, hey, honey, jump into that water, and then he just never did and years later he's on a family vacation, Heather, can we never get to a place as a society where this isn't funny?
Speaker 5: Like, I don't, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I think Jade reposted the video on her Instagram story said whoopsies.
Speaker 5: So yeah, this is this is very funny. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe we have to do this on the next like almost famous trip or something we like. I'm saying, like maybe we conspire against like Bob and unfortunately like Ryan Sutter or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, by then these trunks is like a joke.
Speaker 2: I don't yeah, put it in their gift bag when they show up. Nothing about that wouldn't be great. Side by side trying to figure out how to cover themselves are there.
Speaker 5: So you have to watch these videos. There's so many of them now.
Speaker 2: That we're talking about it, I'm sure they're gonna pop up all over my phone.
Speaker 5: Oh I'm sure. And it's it's like instantaneous.
Speaker 4: It's just so funny that these guys like jump into pools and then all of a sudden, they're like, what's happening.
Speaker 2: Oh goodness, nothing about this isn't great. Hey, uh, some fun headlines today. Bachel Nation isn't stopping.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: If you want an update on everything happening with Taylor Frankie Paul, we were able to speak with our legal expert, Alison Triesel and get a good follow up. I think it was a very detailed, informative follow up on everything happening with DCFS and also the stocking order. I would just go back and listen to it. Uh, it's it would keep everybody up to date, and then you can hear Allison's prediction on if this season of The Bachelorette will air or not until next time and until more headlines come your way, more interviews, more breakdowns.
Speaker 5: I've been Ben, I've been Heather.
Speaker 3: We'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 1: Everybody follow the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcast on iHeartRadio or subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts.