Speaker 1: Looking for a mortgage bank to help you make your next major mortgage move, whether it's a refi or home purchase, regardless of whether it's your first one or one of many, consider our friends at Stockton Mortgage, but don't just take our word for it. Stockton Mortgage has over seventy thousand five star reviews and counting, just like this review from Joshua, who says this about his experience with Stockton. They were super professional, always answer my questions I had, and streamlined the process. I could not ask for better people to help me and my family get our first house. I feel blessed to be able to go through them.
Speaker 2: Be like Joshua or the sixty nine, nine hundred and ninety nine others just like him, and get started with Stockton Mortgage today by going to Stockton dot com and get started. I've even used Stockton Mortgage myself on my own home loan. For your home loan needs, Stockton dot com and click get started. Stockton Mortgage NMLS eight two five nine Equal Housing Lender NMLS, Consumer Access dot Org.
Speaker 3: Quarterback It is Kentucky Sports Radio. Here at Kentucky Skin Cancer Center.
Speaker 4: A few heart for road.
Speaker 3: In Owensboro doctor Skaggs and his group. It's like the chick fil A of dermatology. There's people now back there getting there s. They came to the show and now they're getting their facial you know, facials done. Oh thank you to them very much for having us out here. You can go get checked out for any potential skin cancer issues or pamper yourself.
Speaker 4: With things like facials. Thank you to them for having.
Speaker 3: Us a fun nine two eight, twenty two eighty seven and his graduation weekend. If you are in Lexington with your family, come on buy Kass Bar.
Speaker 4: It's always a good spot for you know.
Speaker 3: I've noticed a lot of graduates who are like, what do I talk to my dad about?
Speaker 4: Do you just go to Chaos Bar Shannon?
Speaker 3: And then they can sit and dad can be like, oh, that's Jamal Mashburn.
Speaker 4: Do you know who that is?
Speaker 3: And then the kid will go K'll be like, Mario, no, who in the world is that? And you can feel really old. That's the way it goes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can't believe that Mario.
Speaker 6: Well, I guess I should believe it because he's young, but he doesn't know a lot of those guys from the nineties.
Speaker 4: If you can't feel older, do not.
Speaker 3: There's no way to feel older than to ride in the car with Mario and listen to the nineties on nine station on Sirius and you go.
Speaker 4: Hey, Mario, do you know Pearl Jam?
Speaker 6: No, what hold on a minute, I gotta have a talk with you, Mario.
Speaker 5: You don't know Pearl Jam.
Speaker 4: Hey, Mario, do you know n W A straight out of content?
Speaker 5: No, I mean, like Mario.
Speaker 4: Like you would.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm telling realized the world did exist before too.
Speaker 4: No, he does not realize.
Speaker 3: He does not realize that you. But now you can sound really smart because you can tell him.
Speaker 7: Facts and mind and it blows his mind.
Speaker 3: You can be like the President of the United States had a relationship with his intern and then they impeached him for it and he'd go, what.
Speaker 7: Really, Bill Clinton?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Bill Clinton? Okay, So like it's good. You can you can sound like the smartest person alive.
Speaker 6: Back in our day when didn't have cell phones all the time, so sometimes you had to go to your neighbor's house.
Speaker 3: Again, you want to sound like the oldest person that ever. Talk to stories about before cell phones. Tell people's stories about how if you went out on a Friday night. If you didn't go with your friends, they were just gone. You just never saw them again, see y'all when we get home. Like stories like that drew blow young people's mind.
Speaker 8: I still haven't recovered from the Day of the Oaks where we did to show your house and you mentioned your DVDs and he laughed at DVD's like one of those, and I'm thinking those aren't even that old, right, I mean that that made me feel ninety.
Speaker 4: When he did the DVDs.
Speaker 6: What is it d Before cell phones, if you were out driving, you had a flat tire, you you had to like walk to somebody's house or to a convenience store or someplace to get a phone to call somebody.
Speaker 3: It is amazing to think about how different just even bait like literally yesterday from Cincinnati to Owensboro. You put it in your phone. It tells you how to get there. There would have been a time that I would have had to check with someone or get a map out where's the hotel again it's on what road? And like stop at a gas station and ask for directions, and so anyway, it's if you know someone in their twenties in life, just tell them stories like that, and you will feel like you are ancient.
Speaker 7: Just just yesterday, my son didn't know who Sammy Sosa.
Speaker 4: Was, Like, what didn't know who Sammy Sosa?
Speaker 7: Had never heard of Sammy Sosa. Wow, God got him a picture what he looks like now compared to what he used to look like.
Speaker 3: And it was good because he just thought what he looked like now is just who he was. That's what Sammy Sosa looks like. Yuh Well, anyway, you know, I feel like we were early on this story drew. But once again this morning, at five am, the Newark Airport lost all off control with flights again. They were up for twenty seconds. The radar and all radio went out at five am today. You know, I'm sure it would cause massive disruptions to everything, but I'm kind of amazed they're still letting people fly in and out of there if this has now happened multiple times. I noticed when I landed in Cincinnati last night. I just looked at the board. There were two flights that were supposed to come in from Newark to Cincinnati. Both had been canceled. That was just you know, in that airport. My mom said to me, if you decide to fly to Newark, do not tell me.
Speaker 4: I do not want to know. But it's kind of amazing they're still using it.
Speaker 8: Has there been any stads or info on people? Just like no showing their flights or canceling their flights. I seen there's been cancelations this morning and tons of cancelations.
Speaker 4: I you know, what do you do?
Speaker 3: Like if you're the former dude on the road rules that's now in charge of Transportation secretary by the way, one of the more qualified people in this in this administration. I'm just kidding, but you know, I'm not if what do you do if you're him? I see him on TV. He seems like a pretty smart guy.
Speaker 4: I don't know what you do? Like do you do? You? You just let it go.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's only three airports in the New York I'm sure it would be a disaster to have one of them closed, But like it feels crazy dangerous.
Speaker 7: The fact that now it's happened more than once. Do you think there's that got that investigation that made there's something the farious going on?
Speaker 5: What the farious?
Speaker 4: He sounded like it it's the first time you've ever said that word.
Speaker 8: The time I think it was.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean they say, I mean that, they say, the reason is this old system, the thing got converted.
Speaker 4: I read New York Times had a long reason as to why.
Speaker 3: But the but in the most optimistic view, it won't be fixed until August.
Speaker 4: So Shannon, if.
Speaker 3: It's not gonna be fixed until August, I just don't know how you can keep having people lying out of it.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't be one of them.
Speaker 3: Let's say you have to go to New York. Have to, and I'm sure the other airports are getting full.
Speaker 4: Yeah, are you what are you gonna do?
Speaker 6: I guess I'm gonna drive and part my car for eighty dollars. You would not go, No, absolutely not. They really should offer a refund knowing what's going on to anybody who already has a flight book there. And if it happens once, that's an accident. Two times for me is a trend. And definitely are I mean, like.
Speaker 3: This has been in the news and then it happened again this morning, Like I do think it starts to get scary after a while.
Speaker 8: I'm supposed to go in June. I haven't booked my flight yet. I'm wondering how much more is worth paying for the other airports?
Speaker 6: How much is your life worth that it.
Speaker 4: Is worth about it.
Speaker 8: I probably will pay a premium for Laguardier or JFK, though.
Speaker 3: Newark is very convenient, though well it's not now apparently now another thing that's worth noting. Okay, And and I don't know exactly how this is gonna play out, but you know, we've talked a lot about in the last couple of years, the House settlement, in the future of college sports, etc. So Trump is apparently or either I don't know if he's done it officially, if they've just announced he's going to is going to create a college Sports Commission to figure out the future of college sports. In theory, I don't think that's a bad idea. It's going to be chaired by Nick Saban, which I find a little odd because Nick Saban's a smart guy, but he's also a football coach. Like at the end of the day, I feel like you need somebody who understands business. But I think there's also gonna be maybe a business guy on it too. But Nick Saban's gonna be the chair. They're gonna, hopefully they're gonna come up with ideas for the future. I don't want to get into legal mumbo jumbo, but pretty much anything they try to do unilaterally, I think courts are gonna say they're gonna strike it all down. They're still gonna have They're gonna have to pass congressional legislation. If they don't, they're just asking to get struck down by the court. In my opinion, anything the president does on his own with this is gonna get struck down. There's gonna have to be congressional legislation. But let's just assume they come up with something that fixes it. Do you think Nick Saban is the right person to create the future of college sports?
Speaker 7: Well, in theory. To be honest, I love the idea. There's got a committee that he's gonna look into it. Is he the right guy? I mean, he seemed to kind of, you know, be having a pretty good handle with the recruiting world, in the nil world. I guess I can't think of anybody maybe better. They're off the top of my head.
Speaker 5: But but he quit coaching because he retired.
Speaker 4: That's fine issue. First of all, the dude is in his seventies.
Speaker 3: He quit because he doesn't want this and now you're gonna put him in charge of fixing this.
Speaker 7: He's gonna go back to the way it was before exactly, which is gonna get struck down by the courts again.
Speaker 5: I mean, he's gonna say and then it's like everybody.
Speaker 3: They've talked about putting on the thing. Everyone I've seen are people who are anti nil. And it seems it feels like to me the NCAAA, there have been shut talks. The NCAA has gone to Trump and has talked to him. The NCAA is just trying to continue to put off what is inevitable Drew, which is they're gonna have to do this and put Nick Saban, who was against it. I just I don't Actually I can't believe I'm about to say the sentence, But I actually trust Ted Cruz and Cory Booker more because those two got that's a bipartisan thing. They can pass a law that could stand up to the courts. I just think this is a bad idea. To have Nick Saban come out and do that just makes that to me it won't work.
Speaker 8: Yeah, when he retired, he made it pretty clear, I don't want to deal with these kids with their handout just want money. I just want to coach football and they need to be looking to the future. That's kind of looking backwards to me. I mean when pull up to Nick Saban, I think he would just go back to paying them from all his car dealerships in the Alabama. Don't get me wrong, that's what he did. Maybe that's the model will have.
Speaker 4: What do you mean that what he did? You have information.
Speaker 8: Absolute Google Nick Saban Car Dealership Alabama, and he'll just show you all the players he signed.
Speaker 4: First of all, I don't I wouldn't now I don't know if that's true.
Speaker 5: Addit thread.
Speaker 4: But you know you're saying Nick Saban did he own the card?
Speaker 8: Well you don't think Alabama got those rosters legitimately, right, of course not, but you have.
Speaker 4: Very specific facts.
Speaker 8: I don't know what models of cars they were selling, but all those players didn't sign up to go to Tuscaloosa for free. Now I think Nick Saban might take us back to that model.
Speaker 5: I know what.
Speaker 4: I got a Google. When this is.
Speaker 8: All right, I w a website.
Speaker 4: I will do my research. Cho's up next?
Speaker 3: Rick?
Speaker 7: PTS up next?
Speaker 4: PT How are you pt?
Speaker 9: Hey man? Thanks for taking my call that cowpunk band in the world not count Hammer. So I collect records, and you've been talking about Joe Creesan. I actually have a record by Joe Crees Homespun Wisdom. Yeah, it's called Joe Creeson's Spinn's Kentucky Yarns. And if you want to imagine like a little less Raype Garrison Keeler talking about like bluegrass companion kind of stuff, that's what it sounds like.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 9: Anyway, if you ever want to listen to it, I could play some cuts for you.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, I appreciate it. Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 9: Also out a I the other day, and I have leard several records to play with falling games and talking about the past season.
Speaker 10: So I mean, I know there's lots of stuff out there for him, but you don't want to hear something.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it. I will say this one of the cool getting to know the story.
Speaker 3: How many of you before we mentioned it had heard of Joe Crees Okay a handful of people. I have now had people both writing me and then I've read about the guy, and I'm really glad if nothing else this happened, just so.
Speaker 4: I could read about that dude. He had.
Speaker 3: He really was in some ways like me in the sense of that he liked all of the sort of small town Kentucky stories and people.
Speaker 4: And he did he did really cool stuff.
Speaker 3: He basically, at a time before you could google all these towns, et cetera, would travel town to town and write about.
Speaker 4: Them and tell story. And I just a fascinating guy.
Speaker 3: So like I, you know, you drive rind By Park and you see it the highway you all have coming in here, Ernie something, Harris, what's the name of the does anybody.
Speaker 4: As we dross in Ernie Harris?
Speaker 3: No, I'm saying when I I know, I came off the Interstate. I turned down down when you go straight down from sixty five. And then there was a road that the last time I was here was not named, and now it's named that goes into downtown. Or you are looking at me like I am from a different own from Owensborough. I know this road was now okay. Never the point was I was wondering who that was. But clearly you all can't answer that question since you all don't even know the name of the road. My point being, sometimes you see a name on something and you don't understand like there's a lot of history behind that name.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's been interesting, and we have Pickleball to think for that, because if it weren't for Pickleball Matt, we would never go look into who Joe Creasan?
Speaker 5: Is this?
Speaker 3: For the record, I know that road is named something. I saw it and it wasn't named something the last time I was here. Tell me about Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 7: Doctor Mortgage. Say you're looking to buy a new home, build a new home, do a cash out refinance, build a new deck on the back of your home. Stocktor Mark can help you every step of the way. There's a Stocking mortgage all across the state. There's probably one here in Owensborough. There's probably one down in Hallsville. There're probably won in Madisonville. Stockton Mortgage. Go to the website Stocking dot com find all the low It is easy to apply to the button and you start the process. Doctor Mortgage MLS a two five nine equal housing lender.
Speaker 4: When we drive home, I'm gonna go fine, what that road is on the.
Speaker 8: Ernie Harris, Ernie Harris having down the Ernie Harris.
Speaker 4: It's names what is it called? I I know Windowport that's not the one I'm talking about. I know Windowport.
Speaker 6: There was another route.
Speaker 4: We'll be right back. This is KSR. Welcome back. It is Kentucky Sports Radio.
Speaker 7: Anybody confirm Ernie Harris Highway.
Speaker 5: There is an Ernie Harris Parkway?
Speaker 4: All right, So there, I was partially right.
Speaker 3: I did see an Ernie Harris Highway, but it was in Oldham County.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's one hundred and three miles away.
Speaker 4: Uh, just missed it, but I did see it. Yeah, it does exist, and it did exist. It just was in a different part of the state.
Speaker 3: And I remember seeing it last night and going I don't remember ever having never seen that exit, but that makes more sense. I make the little to Cincinnati drive a lot for the Reds, so that's probably where I hadn't seen.
Speaker 7: They both start with an old Oldham County Owens Burle.
Speaker 4: He started with me too. I thought that's what he's gonna say.
Speaker 8: We had a great moment yesterday where he asked what deck sand was because he was reading an ad read and it said decks and he stops space. One of my favorite moments.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a great that is a great moment.
Speaker 3: Speaking of the Reds, I watched the Reds Braves game last night on the airplane and just stayed bad.
Speaker 4: The whole time.
Speaker 3: The Reds found fifteen different ways to blow that game.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: I mean they had second and third with Ellie and and McLean up one out, couldn't get a hit, up four to two in the ninth, blow it, give away, a seat, give away, a ball that barely gets how the infield lets him score, and the guy's up at third.
Speaker 4: They just I'm done. I'm back to be done again.
Speaker 7: There are only one game under five hundred, I.
Speaker 4: Know, but they sit.
Speaker 3: They have had at least ten games this year that I can think of that they should have won, including Opening Day.
Speaker 4: They could, they could have been good. And now Hunter Green's hurt. We were done.
Speaker 5: Your left fielder broke his forearm in the first game.
Speaker 3: I don't think they First of all, left fielder broke his forearm, caught it, and then they didn't even give him credit for it.
Speaker 4: They let the guy get a home run while he's sitting there with his arm. Half the ball was on the ground, but he caught it.
Speaker 5: He didn't catch it, and his arm broke his glove. He didn't catch it.
Speaker 4: I mean how cruel is that the man is broken his arm.
Speaker 6: I saw a lot of Reds fans were upset because Matt Olson continued to run the bases.
Speaker 4: He should have sid.
Speaker 5: This is not a courtesy.
Speaker 3: Broke his arm and then they just let him score from first. I thought that was ryan. I thought that was extremely rude.
Speaker 7: I'm so glad you're talking about this because I was listening to the Reds driving here last night. They go up four to two in the bottom of the ninth and can't hang on. Brakes score two in the bottom of the ninth to tie it.
Speaker 3: But it wasn't just that. It was saying, you watched it shit like they blew it so many different ways. And you know in the extra innings they let the people start on second.
Speaker 4: Both innings we couldn't get him to score.
Speaker 3: He bunted the ball and the dude just the butt. They are so frustrating, they are so dumb, all the whole team.
Speaker 5: More games to go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Braves are backron.
Speaker 3: I only have tickets, so we have tickets for sixty of them. So it h you know, it should be great, very very frustrated. I will say tonight, if you're not doing anything They are saying that Madison Square Garden tonight might be the best environment in the Gardens since the nineties when Reggie Miller showed up. You know, Knicks are up two games of zuo getting in the building, Okay, just getting in for a basketball game. The lowest priced ticket is eleven hundred dollars Celtics tonight, just to get in. The Knicks have not been great for a long time, but when they're good, that place is wild. And if they were to win tonight, go three to zero up on the Celtics, it might be night night. I would really you unfortunately have to fly to Newark probably, but I would really love to go and be in Madison Square Garden to night.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 7: Yeah, coming off you know, Saint John's had the good year and they were filling the garden. Now the Knicks are making this magical run the playoffs, gonna fill the garden again. I don't know how they beat the Celtics other night down twenty and came back.
Speaker 4: Twice, and I have come back both times. Don't you feel good?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: It's early, it could still screw up, but don't you feel good? Drew for Carl town.
Speaker 3: Oh, he's taken so much heat over the years, and like it feels like he has found his place and his rhythm, et cetera.
Speaker 8: Yeah, even though he played well for Minnesota, he had the drama with Jimmy Butler, a lot of things. I painted Carl on a bad light when I think he's just a good guy. And it might have been while they were being negative about him. But he goes home to York. You know, he's from right in that area, I think, across the Hudson Rivers. So I'm thrilled that in his first year he has them in this spot. He's played great in the playoffs so far too.
Speaker 3: I know you're a Celtics fan, Channing, so I mean you would disagree with this, but as a neutral party who doesn't really care, I'm for the Knicks. I feel like basketball is better when the Knicks are good. I think it's it's a cool story with all those guys from Villanova, you know, a big time for Villanova, all those guys from Villanova, the Pope, I mean, things are big for Villanova, and then you get Carl.
Speaker 4: I just think it's I think it's awesome.
Speaker 6: If they weren't playing my Celtics. I would be for the Knicks, and those next teams in the nineties were so good. Unfortunately they just ran into Michael Michael Jordan every every year of Jeordan.
Speaker 8: New York fans can be hard to like sometimes, but I've their watch party in front of the Garden and even the ones that stayed around in Boston were channing. You can just tell they're fired up for this run.
Speaker 3: And then the celebrities that are gonna be there, oh yeah, think about it. I mean they're all the stars are gonna be out. Tracy Morgan will be there.
Speaker 5: They're gonna throw up on the court again.
Speaker 3: I hope he doesn't throw up. It might add to the on beyond Who's up next? Scotti is next, Scotty, Go ahead, Scotty.
Speaker 11: I just this is an update on the lady with all of the suckers, the Dunton suckers. Yes, I heard on the news that that some doctors and banks in Lexington had bought a lot of those to hand out and their office was not completely Yes, it was, it was very not. Yes, I heard that on the news. I think it was yesterday, And Joe Creesan was fantastic every morning before I went to high school, I would read Joe Creesan's column in the Career Journal, and it was just a great way to start my day signing out about Kentucky.
Speaker 4: There you go. I love it well. I appreciate the call.
Speaker 3: That'll be my uh my call today, Scotty giving us some information there.
Speaker 7: You know, it's been kind of cool to learn about a dude that time has kind of forgotten. I knew nothing about the guy, and we understand he was very important to the state of Kentucky.
Speaker 3: Now being here in Owensboro, you are you're wearing a Wesleyan hat.
Speaker 4: Kate up. Did you see that Chet? Limit? Who is how you got your name?
Speaker 3: Your nickname Chet for people who don't know, played baseball in the seventies, has a famous baseball car with his Afro way out and the hat sitting on top of it. Played for the Detroit Tigers. It's how Ryan got his nickname of Chet. He passed away last night, right before you were gonna be in Owensboro. Crazy timing, but uh, you know, it's sad and you had to be said that's your nickname.
Speaker 4: It hit me.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's it's a sad sad day for Kentucky Wesleyan baseball when chet Lemon passed away.
Speaker 4: He had played Kentucky Wesley Well he was, he was. He has no connection.
Speaker 5: Big part of our team.
Speaker 7: Alright, p chet Lemon.
Speaker 3: You think the Kentucky wesley he was going to be mourning. Yeah, well they have no connection to Kentucky Walls.
Speaker 7: The boys were sending to me condolences all day.
Speaker 3: Okay, I can understand sending you condolences. But Kentucky wesley And has nothing to do with Jet Libbit. We adopted him. He's adopted.
Speaker 7: We made him an honorary member. Never met the guy, but I love him.
Speaker 3: Rip Chetlemon, Rip to jet Libby five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. Text machine is seven seven two seven four five two five four will take at break. Be right back to Kentucky Skin Cancer Center here at Owensborough.
Speaker 5: Welcome back.
Speaker 3: It is Kentucky Sports Radio here Tucky Skincare Center. You know, when caught early skin cancer is on the most treatable cancers out there, So make sure and get get checked out.
Speaker 4: I do it every year.
Speaker 3: I have the kind of skin that it can you know, you can get the spots on sometimes, so I get him checked out every year. Having a place removed here very soon, So make sure you do that. Keep yourself healthy. We have some more breaking.
Speaker 4: News, Rick Wow big More.
Speaker 3: University of North Carolina issues a statement and says, while Jordan Hudson is not an employee of the University of North Carolina, she is always welcome at North Carolina football facilia.
Speaker 4: That right, Oh wow.
Speaker 8: She stood over someone's desk and told them to send that out.
Speaker 6: She's going to be the president of that school, dude, she is, that's right.
Speaker 5: Nobody will tell her no.
Speaker 4: I mean, how about you and c issuing?
Speaker 3: Can you imagine Mitch Barnhardt issuing an official statement that says someone's girlfriend is allowed back into the facility.
Speaker 5: This is unbelievable.
Speaker 6: They plays during the season. She's gonna have the headset on the fact that.
Speaker 7: The university has to issue this statement just makes it so ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Love it, I love it. I'm starting to, you know, my view on it just keeps flipping. I'm starting to think, be honest with me, this woman's kind of badass.
Speaker 3: I mean, like I mean, college athletics a lot of dudes who kind of run the show and thinking like he's just taking over all of them. I think she might be maybe she should hit the college football Commission instead of Nick sabing she kind of think runs things.
Speaker 8: I'm actually I'd be a little afraid of her. She's in the university rock in the office with a picture of their family and just said, you know, send this out, make sure I'm good.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Wow.
Speaker 6: So part of that initial report that she's not welcome come from Okay.
Speaker 8: So I saw him tweeting that he was. He was nod backing down on it.
Speaker 4: He's not back.
Speaker 8: Well A few people said, are you sure about this? He was like absolutely so uh a little scoop off.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's how it was, and it changed so they you know, we talked a couple of days ago about the Triple Crown and about moving the Preakness and the Belmont. The Preakness came out yesterday and said they agree with people that say the date should be changed and they would like to move it back, and they suggested the exact weekend I did Memorial Day. And then the Belmont came out and said we ain't moving. So so ultimately now we know who to blame. It is the Belmont. The New York State Racing Commission. They said the Belmont is historic and everyone buddy wants it on the day that it is, which is a complete lie because no one even knows when the Belmont steaks is. It's not like the first Saturday in May. When is the Belmont steaks Judy five weeks, five weeks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: You don't even know the date. You go five weeks after the Derby. So that's a lie. But now we know, at least Shannon who to blame if we're not able to change the.
Speaker 6: Triple Horse Racing is a sport that needs casual fans. You need fans like me that would be interested in watching a horse run for the Triple Crown. Now that sovereignty is out, I have no interest at all in watching Prikna's or the Belmont one.
Speaker 3: And also I learned some stuff I didn't know. So when people talk about history, they say, you know, they say, well, this is how it's always been, and I actually read an article it hasn't been. These dates started in nineteen sixty nine. Before nineteen sixty nine, there were years the Belmont was before the Preakness and the Preakness was after it. There were times that there were bigger gaps. There actually were times there were smaller gaps. It's changed, but this was also the most fascinating thing to me.
Speaker 4: Ryan.
Speaker 3: Back in the day, the average Derby horse started twelve races before.
Speaker 4: They ran in the Derby. Now they start an average of.
Speaker 3: Four or five races. Horses are not trained to run as long. And when they asked a couple of the trainers why, they said, Look, these bloodlines have gotten so narrowed to the same few horses that the horses just physically can't go as long for as long as they used to. Whether that's true or not, the fact that they run half as many races before the Derby suggests that maybe we should change with the way horses are run now. So why not push it back and make it more exciting? And especially the thing you said about the Bellmont puzzles me. They've moved the Bellman want to Saratoga this year?
Speaker 4: See, yeah, they act like it's sacred.
Speaker 3: It's in a different track this year, it's it's Saratoga for the next two years.
Speaker 4: It can't be that sacred.
Speaker 7: Can't live that they're changing the track. They not change the date.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine they just moved the Derby turf Way for a year, Like they're.
Speaker 4: Not gonna do that.
Speaker 8: Now that I know the Preakness would move, they should just move anyway until the Belmont do it. It will be the weekend before you and you can deal with the consequences.
Speaker 4: Huh. That would be an interesting way to do it.
Speaker 3: But now we at least if you want it to happen, we now know the exact entity. Maybe we can get the people who change Joe Crease in part to go up there to the Belmont and make it work.
Speaker 4: Who's up next? Jerry is next? Jerry? Go ahead? Jerry?
Speaker 10: Hey Man, back on this thing you're talking about at New York. Having flown up in that airspace for years and all over the country, what I would tell you is I wouldn't be concerned about your physical safety as far as plane crash or anything. But what happens is when those systems go down, you go back to the what they controlled traffic in the fifties. It's a lot of mental stuff and they had to really decrease the number of aircraft there. So so you're gonna have cancels in the lays, which would be a reason not to go there. But it's not It's not a thing We're planes going to be falling out of the sky. It's pilots and controllers are trying to deal with this. We deal with it all the time. And even if all the radios on the airplane go out, I still have a way to communicate with a PC if I need to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wouldn't be.
Speaker 4: That word that well, I appreciate the info. I appreciate it. I will say this.
Speaker 3: Shedon, I actually feel sorry for the air traffic controllers there. I mean, I'm sure that is a that is a job that right now. You know, there's only fifteen of them. They've had they had they lost a bunch and then five people took the leave, so you have fifteen people operating that. I saw the Transportation secretary and Pete Bootage is the previous agreed with this. They said, you can't just move somebody else. The systems are completely different. So it's like we can't even bring somebody to somebody else.
Speaker 4: So think about those fifteen people all stress thing, Yeah, that would that would suck.
Speaker 6: You got those fifteen people doing the jobs of two or three other people. You got of like you know, being a radio host and having to produce your own show, you're doing a lot of different things at once.
Speaker 5: It could be very stressful in a lot of lives on the line. That's right. It's true.
Speaker 4: You're comparing yourself to the.
Speaker 5: Multitasking part, not saying I'm saving lives here.
Speaker 4: I don't think you know.
Speaker 8: You're on air traffic control.
Speaker 5: That's true. I am on the air.
Speaker 4: You do. To be fair to you, you do run your show, answer the.
Speaker 6: Calls, play the music, hit the brakes, hit the brakes, and they will.
Speaker 5: I think I'm overqualified to do a traffic control not.
Speaker 4: Give him a producer. But that's that's actually a very hard thing.
Speaker 5: I would agree it is.
Speaker 4: It is all right. So graduation, yes, give me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't need a pop for that, thank you.
Speaker 3: So graduations this weekend. Uh, it's today and tomorrow. Drew's wife has a big part in that. She's isn't she.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I haven't seen her in a few weeks. She's working all night, all day.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 8: This is a big part of what she does in UK.
Speaker 3: You were saying that, like, uh, sometimes people wait till the last minute.
Speaker 8: There's some there's some kaossome until the last second. She was pretty busy last night. But it is pretty neat knowing all that I get to see the list. I mean, you can't put this out too, but all the people going through it. I didn't realize until yesterday that uh Rondo is coming back to graduating.
Speaker 3: Ejon Rondo is graduating, Uh this weekend. He I think you knew Rondo Ryan better than than I did.
Speaker 4: I mean, he was here.
Speaker 3: I guess what he was here in came in O three, So he went to school in four and oh five. I believe that's great. Maybe it's O five oh six, I'm not sure. But anyway, he came back here, was gonna be a grad assistant, but then didn't. There was a couple hiccups there, but it was important to him to graduate.
Speaker 4: Uh. Very cool.
Speaker 3: He's doing that this weekend. I think he's walking state. So if you have a kid graduating, you may hear Rondo. If you have a kid whose last name is in the RS, they might be sitting next.
Speaker 4: To Rondo this week.
Speaker 7: I really admired the things he's done since he left basketball. He does a lot of youth camps in Louisville. Really, you know, tries to he coaches his own kids and went back to school finish his degree. Now he was here. He was a jerk. He was hard to deal with. You asked anybody, just say what you think he was a jerk. He'll probably admit he was a jerk.
Speaker 3: But it is kind of cool though, would Yeah, yeah, I was a jerk.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 8: Congratulations Rondo is what we meant to say.
Speaker 4: Yeah, congratulating graduation. Jerks.
Speaker 8: A lot of a lot of basketball players. There's like one hundred and sixteen student athletes, but more basketball than we've seen.
Speaker 4: In a while.
Speaker 8: Kirk there, almor you know you all know the names.
Speaker 3: Uh, let me ask you without calling them jerks, who were the hardest people when you were in media to deal with. I knew Rondo would be number one. I think most media members would have said Rondo was number one. Although Rondo's very smart, so that he was an He's an interesting guy to talk to, even though he could be a little prickly.
Speaker 4: Who else was kind of hard to deal with?
Speaker 7: Antoine Walker? He was hard to deal with, was he?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Uh?
Speaker 7: Gerald Fitch.
Speaker 4: Gerald Fitch did not seem like he was in a good mood.
Speaker 7: A lot of Yeah, there's been a lot of football players that were good guys, just not good interviews, and you kind of know who they are. You just kind of stay away from him because they're not a good interview.
Speaker 5: I never thought.
Speaker 3: Drew when we were doing it. I never thought, I can't think of a player I thought was like a jerk. The ones that the twins were hard to talk to. They were very very quiet, especially Andrew. He was He just didn't seem to want to deal with anybody. Is there anybody else you can think of? You're around him even more than I was.
Speaker 4: There's one.
Speaker 8: I actually found it funny. I don't want to label him as a jerk, but one time I was standing by a chair waiting for Isaiah Briscoe to come out okay, and he literally walked up. He goes, I don't want to talk these people. And I'm like, all right, I'm right here, like I'm.
Speaker 4: One foot from you. I have to talk to you.
Speaker 3: I say, actually, is say at Brisco's number one.
Speaker 4: But he would cut up a little bit.
Speaker 8: He would just complain about having to do it, which was fine, you know, especially this was around the tournament. They'd do it three days in a row. I kind of got his point, but he would look right at us and pretty much admit he didn't want to be there.
Speaker 3: I'd forgotten about I say at Brisco. That's that's that's a really tough.
Speaker 7: I got to tell you one more and people aren't going to like this, but hold through to the story. Rex Chapman was really hard to work with. And then years later he came up and even apologized to us. Man, I'm sorry, I'm sorry I was that way. I was, you know, cocky thought I was the best thing ever. But I'm sorry I acted that way I did so. I think as he got older, Yeah, it seems to.
Speaker 4: Really want to get along with people all the time.
Speaker 3: During the What you say about Rex, he never wants to cause a ruckus at all.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 6: He's pretty just like you know, whatever, average around the middle guy that's Twitter during the.
Speaker 8: Caliber is he on Twitter?
Speaker 4: One I never seen.
Speaker 7: I've never seen anymore.
Speaker 8: No, he's been pretty quiet.
Speaker 7: That's where he made it a big name for himself. Was all the stuff he did on Twitter.
Speaker 4: Yes, uh, DraftKings, Let's do our picks tonight.
Speaker 5: I was wrong.
Speaker 3: The Knicks and Celtics play tomorrow tonight. The Calves down two oh to the Pacers playing in Indianapolis, not that far from here. Cleveland's a four and a half point favorite on the road. They gotta win tonight, Drew. Are they gonna do it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I think they win and cover. I mean, they were up seven with the minutes ago. They've had some absolute meltdowns. I just feel like that can't keep happening. If so, they don't even deserve to be where they are at this point. They got a win tonight, They win tonight.
Speaker 7: No Pacers win. I'm a Pacers fan. They're on fire right now. It's gonna be Pacers and Knicks. But the championship series.
Speaker 3: I like watching Tyree's Haliburt and Channon because it feels like the rest of the league. The players just don't like it and they get mad at him, and then he makes the shot.
Speaker 5: And his dad comes out and his dad comes down.
Speaker 8: They were chanting overrated at him thirty seconds before he.
Speaker 4: Hit the game win fair though.
Speaker 3: If your dad comes on the court and tries to fight people, I think people are gonna be upset.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna like that guy either.
Speaker 4: Who you got to know?
Speaker 6: And the NBA playoffs have been really good this year. But I think I think the Pacers win tonight though, what do you think?
Speaker 4: Who you picking? Uh?
Speaker 3: And then I'm gonna take I'm gonna take the Calves to goin one. I think the Pacers win the next one Thunder Nuggets one to one.
Speaker 5: That it blowout the other night, I.
Speaker 3: Scored one hundred and fifty points, Yeah, against them the other night. I'm gonna take Jokic at home gets the victory.
Speaker 4: What about you?
Speaker 5: I think, Uh, I'm gonna go with the Thunder on this one.
Speaker 8: I think the Nuggets win this one but lose the next three in the series.
Speaker 7: All Right, Shay is on another level right now. He is just dominating. But it's gonna be hard to beat Yokic at the the Nuggets at home.
Speaker 8: I think was a plus fifty one in that game.
Speaker 3: I know it's crazy for the Nuggets Thunder. Just so you know three Kentucky guys out there. You got Sga. Murray is on Denver and in Case and Wallace. People forget about, but that's dude could be playing in the NBA Finals as a key contributor.
Speaker 4: I will still.
Speaker 3: Say that team if case of, if we had given the ball to Case, and Wallace and ty Ty Washington is our point guard.
Speaker 4: No offense to severe Wheeler.
Speaker 3: But if we had used ty Tie one year and case in the next year Drew, I think Cal might have finished his career here.
Speaker 4: I really do. I think that was a huge mistake.
Speaker 3: Not like those two dudes could play, especially case of one.
Speaker 8: I loved Caseon Wallace. He's one of the rare freshmen that came in. Really wanted to guard and play defense. He took down on approach because I also get to the bucket and scores. So I've been very happy watching him with Okac. Even though he comes off the bench, he's playing some mean flaments. That's some big highlights.
Speaker 3: We forget about him, but he was a really, really good player.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 4: We will take a break and come back.
Speaker 3: Final segment here in Owensboro at the Kentucky Skin Cancer Center.
Speaker 4: It's KASR Wuterback.
Speaker 3: It is the final segment here at the Kentucky Skin Cancer Center. I hope everybody has a great weekend. Don't forget you can visit Skins Cancer Center here. Thanks to doctor Skaggs and all the folks that have been here and all the people who've enjoyed getting your facials during the show. It has to be the first time that I can remember the KSR show where people got cosmetic work done during in but it has happened, and for yourself.
Speaker 7: And they have gift cards. Mother's Day weekend is.
Speaker 4: Everybody, you're gonna see your on this.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna leave here and go to Indiana and see my mama.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I'm meeting my parents Sunday in Beria to see my mom.
Speaker 4: A little spoon bread at the uh Daniel Boon tag Daniel Boone tavern.
Speaker 3: That's right. Uh, So I'm looking forward to that. After the Matt Myron show, I gotta get back.
Speaker 8: Tomorrow's my wife's birthday and then the next day's Mother's Day, and I could be more a little more prepared than I am before, being honest, So I gotta get back to Lexington Guards gift Guard.
Speaker 4: Big weekend for UK baseball.
Speaker 3: They play against Oklahoma this weekend in a home series, probably a must win series, uh to make to make the NCAA tournament.
Speaker 4: Probably need to win two of three to get in.
Speaker 3: They're kind of on the bubble after getting swept at Mississippi State last week. All those games are at Kentucky Pride Park. Take you prey out of park, go out and see them weather. They're supposed to be good, especially Saturday and Sunday, but massive games for UK Baseball as they hope to make the post.
Speaker 6: Yeah, two out of three would be good this weekend. You got Vandy after that, so if you can maybe see it's not very good. Sure well, not compared to years past. I think if you you know, split, maybe go three and three. They still got a chance to go. But you know, Kentucky baseball, just a couple of weeks ago, we're looking like a two seed and now they're on the cusp but not even making the tournament.
Speaker 4: Swept Missippi State.
Speaker 3: It's not good. And getting swept there I think hurt them. But big weekend. I think the game tonight is at six point thirty. For those of you in Lexington. If you're in Lexington, do me favor, go see our friends at KS Bar this weekend, you know, before the game, after the game, or as part of your graduation festivities. Did you see the story Ryan, as you guys are college baseball guys, about what happened at the Washington baseball game.
Speaker 4: Last night, tell me about it. Washington is in the Big ten.
Speaker 3: Obviously, they played Azusa Pacific and Nai School. They were just doing it to get a game on their roster. Innai School. The Nai School was eleven and thirty three this year, So were they bad? And when I was in aigh school, they're bad in aigh school eleven and thirty three. Going into the seventh inning, Washington is down five to four. Azusa Pacific is up five to four. About to start the seventh inning. Mysteriously, all the lights in Washington Stadium went out. All the lights went out, and it was gone. Washington has a rule in their non conference games that you have to play seven innings for it to be a game. In conference games, it's only five.
Speaker 4: Don't know why the rules different. Have to have seven lights go out.
Speaker 3: Washington says, there's nothing we can do, impossible to turn the lights back on, so they count the game as having not been played.
Speaker 4: Seven to four.
Speaker 3: Didn't count it as a not for just it was as if it never happened. Azusa Pacific, very upset, said, this could have been the best win in the history of our school.
Speaker 4: Do you think that sounds a.
Speaker 6: Little Yeah, somebody clearly pulled the plug the cut the power so they didn't have to finish that game. If I'm not Nai Scho, I'm like, you know what, We're gonna stay here overnight. We'll wait till tomorrow morning. We're gonna finish this game.
Speaker 4: What do you make of that?
Speaker 7: Yeah, no doubt the manager made a signal there cut the lights. But if I'm a ZUSA Pacific, I'm making t shirts lights out Washington.
Speaker 4: With the school.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm celebrating that win.
Speaker 4: Sounds it sounds a little suspect. Definitely.
Speaker 7: When Trancy was ahead of Kentucky eleven to ten, they made a poster and had the scoreboard on there.
Speaker 3: We didn't cut the lights at that point and finished playing the game.
Speaker 4: I was shandon. I would have said, we're staying here and on.
Speaker 8: Tomorrow, I'd still be standing at home plate waiting. When you're setting up, I thought it was like a cal Ripkin situation. Maybe Kevin Costner involvement and some Yeah, tell me they were losing. Someone definitely just stepped in there and pulled the plug.
Speaker 3: Hey to you folks in Owens Borro, thank you very much for coming in yes today, we really appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Great craft I say this all the time. It's awesome. It's awesome.
Speaker 3: All the cans are fans, But to sit out here for people who are at home, it's kind of cold.
Speaker 4: And everybody's still set out here in the whole show. It's nice.
Speaker 3: It's good to get back on the road. I saw that T shirt from the twenty fourteen. We used to do thirty five of these every summer. We don't do it as much, but trips like this make me want to do it again. So thank you all very much, Thanks to Kentucky Skin Cancer Center, and a big thank you tomorrow for picking me up at the airport last night at eleven o'clock at night to make sure I could get to Owensboro this morning. We will see you on Monday. Have a great Mother's Day weekend. Tell your mothers you love them. Congrats to all the UK graduates. This has been Kentucky Sports Radio.