Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time y'all don't know y'all.
Speaker 1: All at all.
Speaker 3: Given them.
Speaker 1: Black the million busy listening to show.
Speaker 4: I don't joy, yah yah joy.
Speaker 3: You don't do that.
Speaker 5: Turn you gotta turn.
Speaker 6: I can't.
Speaker 1: I got to turn the mouth.
Speaker 5: Turn you probably got to turn mouth turn out, turn the money.
Speaker 7: Look, come.
Speaker 6: Come on you.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, I sure will come on and everybody you're listening to the voice, come on dig me now want it on to Seve Harvey got a radio show. Five things that I know successful people have to do to be successful. The principles are the same. You can apply it to anything, you know, if you want to be happily married, you know, whatever it is. The principles of success are the same. There are a series of things that you have to do. You cannot skip the steps of success. If you do, you're going to have to go back and step on them anyway. So here's here's here's a part man that I want you all to understand about me and and and and about how to look at it. You know, you you cannot under estimate faith and prayer. You just can't. You cannot underestimate the power of faith and the power of prayer. See for me. This is just for me. Now, this ain't in the scripture nowhere. This is just something I discovered. What prayer did for me was was it tied me to my creator. It gave me a sense and I'm describing it this way, but I'm telling you it's deeper than this. But it gave me a sense that I wasn't alone, and at actuality I wasn't. But prayer helped connect me to the power source that was available to me to get through, get around, or get over whatever it was that was in the way, whether it was just a period I stretched, I had to go through hard work, It had to period I had to go through to learn some lessons, some periods I had to go through from having to pay for some of the mistakes I've made. Whatever the case may be, prayer gave me a decided advantage, especially oh here we go, especially over my enemies. Now, the majority of people in my life that were my enemies. I didn't want them to be my enemies, make no mistake about this. But through the thing called life, some things went down. Some things happened from here and then went over here. That way and a person became my enemy. The majority of enemies I had came out of nowhere. I have no reason to even see why they are my enemies. But you know, life goes on, man. It happens from time to time. Some people just won't let it go. See some people, in their quest to do something to you or to to make you pay, they just won't let it go. What it may cause you some discomforting and some of it may be lies about you at all of this and all of that, but that that can't prohibit you from going forward. So what I'm saying is prayer gave me the strength of wisdom understanding the carriage to either go through it, go around it, or go over it. But it happened. I do not know how I could have made it without faith and without prayer. It would have something would have got me. YouTube would have got me. The bloggers would have got me. My partners that I grew up with that used to laugh behind my back, they would have got me. My friend that went over my mother's house one time and told her, you know what Steve's problem is, he out there on them jokes. He just lazy. He don't want to work that would have got me. They didn't know. I ain't really mad at them because they were just All they was doing was based in their conversations and pasting judgment based on what they knew, based on what they believed. They didn't believe I was gonna make it. But that's them though. If it was not for the faith, which is the belief in things that you cannot see, I wouldn't have made it because I would have listened to everybody else who didn't see me get in here and went along with it. And then prayer. Oh my goodness, man, how many times has prayer bailed me out? Prayer has bailed me out, press still bailing me out. Tell you the truth, man, quiet as it's kept prayer, that connection to your heavily Father, that connection to your creator, that connection to that source of power and inspiration, that connection of never feeling that you were alone. You know. I was watching the Bishop Jakes on TV yesterday and it was a repeat, and one of the things he was talking about, well, let me just get to the gist of it. I was going through a portion of my life and I went through it for some years, y'all. I had gotten myself into a jam that lasted for years. I'm telling you, for years, with some serious consequences to follow.
Speaker 4: For years.
Speaker 2: And I was so busy looking at where I was at. I was sulking sometimes, Man, I'd get on the radio, Man, I'd be just done. I was sulking. My my, my spirit had gotten low. I had gotten tired of the fight and would I would come on some morn as man, and I would try try not to let on, but I was hurting. I was because I had been in it for years. Man, I had been in this thing for years, and one thing I was doing. I was so busy looking at where I was at. And when I was watching Bishop Jakes, he preached this sermon. He was talking about so busy looking at where you at that you don't even realize that God has been with you the entire time. And you know what, Man, just yesterday, just yesterday, I heard this and I text him. I text Bishop Jakes, and I thanked him because it was an old message I could tell and I called. I text him up in I said, Man, thank you so much. I was just watching you on TV and you told me, Man, something that I that I'll always remember that whatever you're going through that he's there with you the whole time. But see when sometimes when you're so busy looking at where you at, you don't even notice where he is. And see sometimes, Man, that helped me, and that's going to help me in the future to realize that what I'm going through, that he's there. He's there with me, and he gonna protect me, and he ain't gonna let my enemies overcome me, and he ain't gonna let nobody overtake me, and he ain't gonna let me go under because he's there. It's just you can't be so busy looking at where you at that you don't take notice of where he at. God is always there, He's always available, And the best way to tap into that and know it is you got to pray. Prayer has changed my life. Prayer can change your life. You can become something if you just pray.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls.
Speaker 8: The Mac is back.
Speaker 2: Good, Yeah, the Mac is back baby, full of vivid and living color, full of gratitude. Man, God takes care of me. Didn't go nowhere this year, just sp just did a health vacation. Just trying to get myself back healthy. Man, feel good about everything, man, God and the blessing business waking me up every day. Who man, man o man on man and waking up is big? It is big man. Anyway, we hear ladies and gentlemen, Steve Hart, Marta Show, Shirley Strawberry calling for real Mississippi Monica Junior Tommy ain't here today, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 9: But I am.
Speaker 2: It's what's going on, Jr.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm good man.
Speaker 8: I was a little worried about you while I was gone, you know, you dip in and out.
Speaker 6: No, dog, I was.
Speaker 4: I was good man.
Speaker 1: You know, had had a little had a.
Speaker 4: Little issue, you know, but we were good that. Yeah, it was cool. Yeah, it's good man.
Speaker 10: How you been feeling, man, What you been doing on a health vakation?
Speaker 6: What is that?
Speaker 1: What all go into that?
Speaker 2: Fishing?
Speaker 8: Ain't nothing, ain't nothing healthier than fishing.
Speaker 3: Fishing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I took my boat out, second time I took my boat out. Getting it broke in good, Okay, got me a bass boat. So but it's a little hot right now in the summer. So I go out there.
Speaker 8: If you get out there, early in the morning you can get them. But after that they they gone lock it.
Speaker 2: In for the day. Yeah. Yeah, that's all I did, man, just enjoyed myself, you know, stayed out the limelight on on they went to Washington, d C into London.
Speaker 6: That was it.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's yeah.
Speaker 1: That's the one little O trips.
Speaker 2: We went to a tennis match, in a tennis match in d C, and uh did the coin toss for the beginning of the match. I never knew they had a coin toss.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You just see them playe who will serve?
Speaker 8: And yeah that's what you do. You flip the coin and see who serves first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: Did you enjoy yourself?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Fun, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah. I had a good time.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 2: I'm famous in d C. That's for show, and no mistake about that. They found out they will fly me up there and found out, Oh lord, we need security. Yeah, I told y'all. And I went to London. Let's take something. I went to London, Uh to a place called green Year Green Year, and it's the home it's five minutes away from them where they manufactured rolls. Royce is at Oh said I wasn't there for that. I was there for the horse show. I was so disappointed and the horse show because I was going to make a Rolls Royce. They drove me through the facility and.
Speaker 1: I drove round it.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't make one. I won't to though.
Speaker 11: Oh lord, I want to Steve Harvey Edition coming soon, Limited edition.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wanted to, But nah, not not you at any time for that.
Speaker 1: All right, Well you heard him.
Speaker 11: Return of the mac Steve is back, return out to mac Age. Coming up in thirty two minutes after the hour, Junior is in for the nephew to run that prank back right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 11: Spending time outdoors, and let's talk about skin cancer. Non melanoma skin cancers or nmsc's, including basils cell carcinoma and cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma, are the most common cancers in the US and can become harder to treat if left undetective.
Speaker 1: That's why sun protection and timely detection matter.
Speaker 11: Our sponsor, Regeneron, is raising awareness about advanced nmsc's. Learn more and take the pledge to see a dermatologist annually at let's get real about skin cancer dot com. It is time now to run that prank back with Junior in for the nets. You Junior, what you got for us?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 12: Shirley, Well, you know, and the nephews and not here today, but he did leave us, So run that prank back. And the prank is the postman always rings twice? Okay, postman always rings twice?
Speaker 6: Come on, gay, Hello, Hello, I'm trying to read the Carlos. My name Benny Man, Benny Phipps. Hey you I want to make sure I got the right person.
Speaker 13: You.
Speaker 6: You work for a post office, right?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay? Do you deliver a mail off of Murphy Road sometime? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, I.
Speaker 6: Live it well. First of all, I wanted to make sure I had to write postman. Now it's been brought to my attention that there's a postman that has been stopping by my house. And I'm what I'm not understanding is why are you bringing mail to my door? The post she just putting mail in the mailboxes on the street where everybody got their mailboxes at. What do you say?
Speaker 9: Is that it again?
Speaker 6: I live at Murphy Road, perfect road.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I deliver over there. But you say, delivering package at your house.
Speaker 6: No, I said, you've been bringing mail to my house and the poll. Here's what I'm trying to tell your carlos. My wife is at home all day, she don't work. And my understanding is you've been stopping by there on more than one occasion, on a daily basis. You're coming by there two three times, you know. But when I'm understanding, it ain't no mail being brought over that. I'm trying to figure out, what are you doing at my house?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 6: What really didn't been brought? All this to a head because I already know what's going on. Let me go on, let you know that call. I do know what's going on. I picked up the clothes from the cleaners this morning, and to my attention, it's a man's post office shirt in my pack.
Speaker 7: What color was it?
Speaker 6: It's blue, light blue?
Speaker 7: I got a blue Okay, explain this to me.
Speaker 6: How your shirt get in my house? Do you have my name on it?
Speaker 9: Because that could be anybody's shirt.
Speaker 6: Okay, So so hold on. What you're trying to say is some it's more postman stopping by my heart? See it?
Speaker 14: Man?
Speaker 9: Sometimes sometime, you know, we do have different guys in that in that neighborhood.
Speaker 6: You know because I hear my problem. Man. My problem is this is that my wife is at home all day every day. And my understanding is is that you stopping body bringing more.
Speaker 9: First of all about it. You can call you can call the one eight hundred numbers, because how do you get my number?
Speaker 14: Do?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 6: I don't worry about that. I find ways. How you how you get my address? That you stopping by that every morning?
Speaker 9: I just deliver what they give me to deliver, and do I put another number box and list is a package. I don't get out.
Speaker 7: Excuse me, I don't do that.
Speaker 9: That that wasn't me, dude.
Speaker 7: I just you're cleaner this.
Speaker 6: Morning and pick up clothes. And it is a post office shirt in there that belonged ever then that belonged to a man. That's got to be it must be yours.
Speaker 9: That's none of mine, man, that's not mine.
Speaker 7: I have all mine.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, okay, I'll tell you what this we're gonna do. Carlos to Carlos, see what, let me tell you something. I know you're lying. See and what you're doing is you're delivering more than mail at my house, and I know it. Carlos. You understand me, So listen, not me.
Speaker 9: Excuse me, that's not me.
Speaker 7: You can't be me.
Speaker 6: Let me. Let me tell you something. When you come on Murphy Road tomorrow, okay, I'm gonna be out there at them at the mailboxes waiting on you for what it me and you're gonna have this problem that we got tomorrow morning when you bring the mail. So when you bring the mail, bring you too.
Speaker 7: Okay, Carlos, old of them ain't threatening me.
Speaker 6: I'm telling you, when you bring the mail, bring your two.
Speaker 9: Dude, come at you like that. You ain't gotta come to me like that.
Speaker 6: Dude. Hey man, you came up in my house and I know you said, but off my shirt in my house.
Speaker 9: Dude, that was not me. I don't know where you live. I don't know who the you are, but you threatened me.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 6: Dude, hey man, I'll see you in the morning at the mailbox. Bring your Carlos.
Speaker 7: I'm off tomorrow, but I would come to your house.
Speaker 9: We're playing clothes on and whoop yo.
Speaker 6: What you say you weren't for me?
Speaker 9: Hey, you own where you meet running road.
Speaker 6: I will tease the perfect roads bring your because what you're not gonna keep doing is running up in my house while I'm out at work trying to earn a living for my family, and you up in my house laying up and you're leaving your clothes. I found some mason now, I guess that's what you use when you spray on them dogs. I found that too.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna bring some extra mates.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna spray up with that.
Speaker 6: Mate.
Speaker 9: You will knock you out.
Speaker 7: But you're this.
Speaker 6: I told you.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna be run in intim waiting.
Speaker 14: Car.
Speaker 9: I can't wait till tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Exhoot me.
Speaker 9: It's a I told you I wasn't the one. But if you want to put me wrong for.
Speaker 7: Real, okay, cool, I'll give on when I see you work the office. When I see you tomorrow, it's oh, it's.
Speaker 9: Whatever, hey, you sending to me all this. I tell you what. I will come over there some playing clothing with me because you're not gonna make me lose my job.
Speaker 6: Dog, I'm telling job whatever it's got to be. I don't care if you if you're in the post office, you the farm, I don't give it. You and your pajamas. Carlos but when you come to that mailbox and I find you out there by the mailboxes, that show man, because I know you've been in my house, Carlos, I'm telling you I'm therere okay, so be it? Then, so be it. I got I got one more thing else I want to tell you when you before you get there.
Speaker 9: Tell me what you know I recall me.
Speaker 6: Is you listening to me?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 6: That his nephew Tommy from the Steve Harby Morning Show. You just got pranked by your coworker. You You.
Speaker 9: Ain't. This ain't.
Speaker 7: From my I loved you all.
Speaker 9: Right, man, Ah dude, I'm driving, pull over to the side of the road. I'm hanging out the truck.
Speaker 7: I'm about to go crazy.
Speaker 9: I don't want my wad of your house right now. Put on my radio house. I know, God for work, Damn I forget.
Speaker 6: Oh man, I got one more thing to ask you, man, what is what is the baddest radio show in the land.
Speaker 9: Steve Harvey Morning Radio Show, No doubt all the way? All right?
Speaker 10: Sureley there you having postman always rings.
Speaker 4: Twice at the nephew left. You know, is there is there a reason the nephew ain't here on a Tuesday. Did we discuss that?
Speaker 1: Didn't he tell us that he wasn't probably gonna be here.
Speaker 10: He told me, I thought, I know, I came back you said yesterday.
Speaker 1: But now he's not gonna be here today because Steve is back.
Speaker 2: It's too much pressure on him. You know, little man somewhere laid.
Speaker 8: Two weeks trying to be almost kill this silk.
Speaker 2: Is sound boy.
Speaker 8: He got laid down. He lost his voice and everything.
Speaker 1: Okay, I shooes around.
Speaker 2: It's hard when you're trying to step in new shot.
Speaker 8: Don't all right?
Speaker 11: Well, Steve is back, as you can hear uh coming up next? It is asked the CLO or Chief Love Officer, Steve Harvey in the building.
Speaker 1: Right after this, you're.
Speaker 11: Listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Spending time outdoors, and let's talk about skin cancer. Non melanoma skin cancers or n m scs, including basal cell carcinoma and cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma, are the most common cancers in the US and can become harder to treat if left undetected.
Speaker 1: That's why sun protection and timely detection matter.
Speaker 11: Our sponsor, Regeneron, is raising awareness about advanced nmsc's learn more and take the pledge to see a dermatologists annually at Let's Get Real about skin cancer dot Com Coming up at the top of the hour. In entertainment and some trending headline news, Nolan Wells's parents received support at the Omega Psy five Fraternity Incorporated eighty fifth Grand Conclave.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about that.
Speaker 11: Also, still trending, doctor Fauci pleading the Fifth Amendment during a Senate Committee hearing. And in entertainment news, have you ever been a matchmaker for your friends? Sierra and Russell Wilson were matchmakers for newlyweds Coco Jones and Donovan Mitchell.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about all of these stories at the top of the hour. How sweet is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 11: But right now it is time to ask the CLO. He is back our Chief Love Officer, Steve Harvey. This is from Asia in Lake Charles. Asia writes, I dated a guide that never took me on date. He said he couldn't afford it, and he asked me to be patient, but I couldn't. Two years later, he has a great job and he just bought a house. I think he still hates me. How do I get a second chance.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, he still hate you. Guys don't remember guys remember that kind of stuff?
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: Back then they didn't want me. Now I'm hot, they all on me.
Speaker 1: Mike Jones.
Speaker 2: And that BIPs. Some things you just never forget. Yeah, didn't go to the junior.
Speaker 6: Prom with me.
Speaker 2: And I asked her why. The one that said yeah, she told me she said. I asked her why. She said, I just don't want to go there, and I kept pressing her.
Speaker 14: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: So she went on and told me I don't like your facial features. Jesus, I never recovered from that.
Speaker 6: How you could I.
Speaker 2: Never recall you don't like my facial features.
Speaker 1: Because I can't change them. They weren't doing.
Speaker 2: You know, I made it. I was in Cleveland selling out the State the State Theater, and she came backstage. Lord, she was fine.
Speaker 1: How many years later?
Speaker 2: Oh, let me see, that happened when I was fifteen, So I came back I was probably forty oh wow, five years later? Yeah, yeah, ooh lord, she was fine.
Speaker 1: So she came backstage and did you you know.
Speaker 2: You remember when I said, oh I ain't that big? Wow man? This girl fine? Of course, I said, man, this this one right here? Fine, So she asked me to did I want to go get some neat? I told I wasn't hung. Then she said how about coffee? I told I stopped drinking coffee, which is not.
Speaker 1: You were in revenge mode.
Speaker 2: And then she said, well, if you ever want to reach out, She gave me a number and walked up. My boy said, man, what is the wrong with you? I said, no, man, that's she didn't like my facial features, so keep don't like them now either. They are definite. I know they're bigger now.
Speaker 1: So so's your bank account?
Speaker 2: All right? What you got?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: Ronnie and Brooklyn?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 11: So I told my wife I was at Jeff's house, and she didn't believe me. She called Jeff's wife in my face and asked her if I'd been there. Jeff's wife said yes, I owe Jeff's wife's dinner soon. But how do I deal with my wife for checking up on me all the time and brouh.
Speaker 2: I can't help you with that. Your wife has trust issues, yes, and I could be baggage from a previous relationship. It could have been something that you did in the past. One of them two things is in play and I cannot help you with that.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: If you don't want to check it up on you, take are where you go? That worked?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 1: All right? No, see, but he wasn't she that Steff's wife said he was there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she over there just checking up on him? Anyway? How do I stop her from checking on me?
Speaker 14: You know?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 11: Moving on to Christy and Seattle, Crystal writes, my boyfriend's ex wife still hangs out with their old friends group. My boyfriend's ex wife still hangs out with their old friend group. Okay, yeah, she was at a party Saturday, and my boyfriend said she had a right to be at the party. He said, it's just something that I have to deal with. Should I tolerate it or break up with him?
Speaker 1: M wow?
Speaker 2: Extremes, Oh well, I mean it seems to be bothering you. Now this is his ex wife.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his ex wife.
Speaker 6: Is not.
Speaker 1: He can't do anything about that, yeah, Lessing.
Speaker 2: He's still friends with the friend group, and so she's still friends because she knew some of the women. Now he got you, you the new girl. What he can't tell her where to go? That's why they divorce. Now he can't tell her nothing.
Speaker 1: And she didn't say anyone bothered her or said anything to her.
Speaker 6: No, this is her.
Speaker 2: She's uncomfortable. The new girlfriend is right, So you're going to give up a good man because you can't pull yourself together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's sick.
Speaker 6: She and that X.
Speaker 1: Yeah she got the party.
Speaker 2: Yeah and she fine yah.
Speaker 1: Ah that yeah?
Speaker 2: All right, last one, because that ex come in there in her best the X don't come in that plane.
Speaker 8: But she's not finna come in there and looking like second class. She up in there with it all.
Speaker 1: Let me show you what you missed, what you divorced.
Speaker 4: God.
Speaker 1: This is the last one, Steve. This is from Nick in Cleveland. You might know him.
Speaker 11: Nick writes, My sixteen year old daughter is on punishment for going to the mall in her bonnet. I took her phone for a week, and I have been arguing with my wife over this because she thinks I'm.
Speaker 1: Too strict and it's not that serious. Is it punishment too harsh?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 2: Not, if that's your rule, you got every right, you know. Look y'all, let's have some dick. They changed the dress codeed Tuskegee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah we are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no more bonnets, No more do rags, no more house slippers to class, and it's really not been a controversial decision, most of the kids going along with it. You know. Look, man, you gotta have some standards somewhere. But if you're so busy trying to be your child's friend, they let them do what they want to do. But she wore bonnet to the mall.
Speaker 11: Why Yeah, so he took her phone for a week and he and his wife have been arguing because his wife thinks he's too strict.
Speaker 2: Look, okay, okay, tell your children not to do something, let them do it anyway and then have no consequences and watch how they turn out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're saying you don't want the rule. The rule is the rule.
Speaker 13: As a parent, you break the rule, you gotta deal with the consequences.
Speaker 1: Yeah, punishment, you too strict. Yeah, just don't wear your bonnet to the mall.
Speaker 2: I mean that's not anyway. All the rest of the class list people got it on hard.
Speaker 4: The father's mad. Yeah, I don't blame, but this.
Speaker 1: Is causing a problem in your marriage though.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, I think the parents have to sit down and get on the same page. Yes, so they can have a united front in front of a child. You might not do. You might disagree with what the husband said, but let her serve the punishment for the week, and then y'all work out how you're gonna move forward from now.
Speaker 11: All right, all right, thank you, colo appreciate it. Coming up as.
Speaker 8: As she owned her computer talking now, I just won't let you know I'm not coming up.
Speaker 11: At the top of the hour, we'll have some entertainment news and some trending headline news for you right after this. You're listening to Steve Harvey Morning Show. Well during the Omega Sci Fi Fraternity, Inc. Eighty fifth Grand Conclave the Inn, Cincinnati, Ohio, Christine and Elmore Wansley, the parents of Nolan Wells, spoke alongside civil rights attorney Ben Crump during the fraternity's community rallied. According to the Greeks Informed Instagram page, members of Omega Sci Fi embraced and uplifted the Wells family, reassuring them that they are not alone in their fight and that the fraternity will continue standing beside them. As we previously reported, Christina and Elmore Wansley have also launched their own independent investigation, citing a lack of trust in law enforcement and pointing to Mississippi's long history of racial injustice.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's such a crazy story.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 1: If this were reversed, Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Let's say it's five black boys go to an island with their white friend. They come back with the white friend's telephone, but no white friend. How you think this would go?
Speaker 1: Those boys would be in jail right now?
Speaker 2: We all know, yeah, right now, because Trump wanted to get rid of the five in New York over an accusation.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, all you need is the accusation.
Speaker 1: You remember that, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: It's it's alarming, man. How people and this this former cop what's his name, Tatum.
Speaker 4: Alive?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this dude right here is black with his son had. I mean, man, look, if you want to be white, it's okay, it's okay. But now I'm telling you they're not going to let you in mm hmm. They will use you for a purpose and then you have to get back in your place. You can ask herschel Walker. They bought him a house in Georgia. They put him all up. They found out he couldn't talk, and then they found out he couldn't win. Where is herschel Where what.
Speaker 3: Have you done?
Speaker 1: What did he have a big buss?
Speaker 4: That's that first?
Speaker 2: So you know this this I Tatum what's his name?
Speaker 4: Podcast?
Speaker 2: Him and Jason Whitlock, the sports commentator. I just I don't understand their views. Man, I don't understand how you always every time there's a black subject in the news, you find a way to minimize, criticize and ostracized the entire black community because of it, and you act right and you act like this just can't happen. When I heard him say that there's no systemic racism in America, when I heard a white guy said, do you do realize that Charlie Kirk said that black people were better off doing slavery than they are now, And this fool said, yes, I agree one hundred. I said, Okay, that's that's what I know. You if your desire is just to be white, if you've wanted it since you were a child, it's been burning in you, go ahead, you go over there, you can vote with him, be whatever you want to. But when they can't use you no more, they gonna they're gonna let you know right who you are and where you are.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: But now your problem is you can't come back.
Speaker 3: Over here.
Speaker 4: Now, that's the problem you're facing, that you can't come back.
Speaker 1: That's sad. Yeah, that's a shame.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but again, thank you to your fraternity, Steve Omega Sci Fi Fraternity, Inc. And you know first sticking by and standing by the Wansley's Christina Elman.
Speaker 2: I wasn't at the clave this year of a man. I saw nothing but great stuff online.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's good. All right, Well, moving on and still trending.
Speaker 11: Last week, doctor Anthony Fauci invoked the Fifth Amendment and refused to answer questions at a Senate hearing on COVID nineteen. In an opening statement, Fauci said Senator Ram Paul's goal was to get him to say, quote, something, anything that could vindicate his repeated public pledges that I end up in his words behind bars. Fauci then announced he would invoke his constitutional rights to remain silent. The hearing focused on the origins of COVID nineteen and the federal government's pandemic response, issues that have fueled years of clashes between Fauci and Republican lawmakers. So yeah, he's just been taking the Fifth. I take the fifth, I take the fifth.
Speaker 1: What is this about?
Speaker 4: Okay, what you want him to say?
Speaker 1: Well, exactly, because COVID nineteen happened, and we were in a pandemic and.
Speaker 13: The scientists, the first responders, the doctors working around the clock to try to save people lives, and y'all trying to put this man in jail.
Speaker 2: Well, because they're saying that the vaccine was a hoax, that wearing these masks was a hoax. You know that's Trump's been selling that for a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's put.
Speaker 2: And how fake. The vaccines were, ineffective, The vaccines caused some problems for some people. You know that that actually is factual.
Speaker 1: And some people lives were saying yeah.
Speaker 2: And some people's lives were saved.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So and so you know, we getting we getting on faucia. But we're not gonna see nothing about Trump said, we can get rid of it.
Speaker 1: We just drink some bleach the administration handling.
Speaker 4: He's not going to testify.
Speaker 2: I still can't believe that we've gotten three thousand pages of the Epstein's files just removed so we can't even read them. And in them three thousand pages, you don't think Donald Trump's name is mentioned oh.
Speaker 11: Ya, a scientist and Jill oh Man. All right, thank you guys. We're moving on now. Coming up, have you guys ever match made? Did any matchmaking for your friends? We'll talk about that coming up right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 13: An education is a transformation every day. The Third Marshall College Fund transformed lives through scholarships, professional development, and career advancement opportunities. We also connect forward thinking companies with exceptional HBCU talent through workforce development programs. I'm a proud HBCU graduated. My experience shape me into the person I am today. The education, culture, community, and lifelong connections help me reach my fullest potential. The Third Good Marshall College Fund is America's largest organization and that exclusively represents the HBCU community. If you believe in education, opportunity, in building future leaders, this is where it starts.
Speaker 1: Join us and be a part of the transformation.
Speaker 13: Apply, donate, or partner with us today at TMCF dot org. So you guys have probably heard about Sierra and her husband Russell Wilson. They've been credited as matchmakers for Newlywed's R and B singer Coco Jones and Cleveland Cavaliers guard.
Speaker 11: Donovan Mitchell married. Yeah, they got married over the weekend. Yes, congratulations to them this past weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 11: So a relationship experts are saying that your friends can be effective matchmakers because they know you better than anyone else and they can spot compatibility where a dating app might miss. So the question is, have you, guys ever been matchmakers to any of your friends? Have you put people together?
Speaker 4: Have you done that?
Speaker 12: My partner with I mean I really didn't matchmaker. It is the fact that he had somebody liked him. He had no other option.
Speaker 4: Ugly he had to take it. There was no other choice. What do you mean? I couldn't believe we all she even liked you.
Speaker 1: Come on, now, no other nofter you.
Speaker 4: Come on somebody like you?
Speaker 6: Come on?
Speaker 4: You ain't count him. I don't know what you mean.
Speaker 14: You do know?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I don't see nobody else beating your dough down.
Speaker 4: That's it he talking about. I'm not sure about her. We showed him.
Speaker 1: So did they marry? Did they get married?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: They are they still still married? Yeah, Well yeah that works out?
Speaker 4: Where else he gonna go? Shirley, what's y'all show you made you know him?
Speaker 10: Dave, He can't found no divorce papers, Steve.
Speaker 1: Have you ever match made for for for any of your friends?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, man, years most of them cool. Got a couple of partner y'all don't know him, Dan ain't famous. A couple of partners I grew up with, looked him over. Some chicks in there and you know, some shit, A couple of them divorced. Uh, you know what happened? It's what?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 14: What? What?
Speaker 2: This was the most alarming thing. I thought this was the sweetest girl in the world. She went to jail for spousal abuse. The woman what ah?
Speaker 14: Wow?
Speaker 2: I mean she was just jacking old boy up?
Speaker 1: And he didn't tell you guys, he was ashamed. Yeah, yeah, like you.
Speaker 2: And then we was getting ready to go out to dinner one time we said, hey, man, where is she at? Hey man, let me holler at you by yourself. Okay, what a man? She in jail? No, no, no, no dog, no, no doubt your wife? Wait, where's your wife? She in jail? She in jail for what?
Speaker 14: For?
Speaker 2: Abuse? Who she hit? He say me who? And so I went, God, no, I thought she was fine as all out does I'm sure glad, I ain't want to.
Speaker 4: You would have been even.
Speaker 2: Everybody be in jail.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, thank you.
Speaker 11: Coming up with thirty four minutes after we'll have some random questions for the crew.
Speaker 1: Right after this. Steve's back. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 11: So guys, here we go. Here's some random questions for you. What's the quote? Give me a quote that has stuck with you for the majority of your life. Someone said something to you, or you read something, or you know, what's that quote that sticks with you.
Speaker 1: All the time? Junior?
Speaker 2: Wow, man, I got so many. I don't know if there are quotes the scripture that sticks with me. That's what then kept me as some scriptures, okay, you I mean I got some poems that I live by. Don't quit invictis, you know, stuff I learned when I was pledging. Uh, but man, them scriptures, Man, scriptures, you know when I'm going through it. Man, you know Isaiah fifty four seventeen my favorite scripture, no weapon formed against me, She'll prosper. Yeah, and it hasn't. And then Isaiah forty three one and two. I can walk through the fire and not get burned, noble kindling set upon my clothing. I mean I can well. I walked through some fire and come out the other side, and there was no kindling on my clothing. It ain't even looked like I had been through nothing.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't look like you've been through man, all right.
Speaker 2: So those two have really kept me. Of course, you know, Psalms keeps me. You know, all Proverbs is Proverbs is the only book in the Bible I've read, uh, cover to cover. I have a surprise, guys, that should be finished in a couple of weeks, and I'm just gonna show you a picture of what I did. Okay, all right, but it will have it has something to do with Proverbs.
Speaker 1: With Proverbs. Okay, all right, Junior, what quote has stuck with you?
Speaker 4: Well, I'll tell you one that my mom and daddy gave me that stuck with me.
Speaker 1: Do it again.
Speaker 12: See if I'm kid, that's that has been that entire until I'm forty eight. That's been there the whole time.
Speaker 4: Okay, do it again.
Speaker 11: Oh, Steve, By the way, I don't know if you knew this, but Junior grew up with white kids. A white family raised him. We found that out last week and yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I knew that.
Speaker 1: Oh we did. We didn't know, Yeah, we never knew that.
Speaker 2: You can't tell no, how can you tell you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What what would be?
Speaker 2: Let something bad happen to him? And watch his reaction?
Speaker 4: Watch white, I can't believe.
Speaker 11: All right, we're asking you, guys some random questions. What's your favorite line from a song? Your favorite line from a song?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 2: How many?
Speaker 1: How many?
Speaker 14: I know?
Speaker 4: Narrow down?
Speaker 1: Give us your favorite, all time favorite line from a song.
Speaker 8: I can't know all time favorite I got about Funnio.
Speaker 12: Okay, Junior, it's been an hour since you've been gone, So baby, come back home.
Speaker 4: I can't live with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we knew it was Joe back all right, So how far? Here's another question, guys.
Speaker 2: Whoa whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa whoa.
Speaker 8: It's so many songs you can't hide love?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet you.
Speaker 2: I bet you well. You dance around all this.
Speaker 1: You can't high love?
Speaker 2: I pet you?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I would you mind if I touched, if I kids, if I held you tight till the morning, light the fire?
Speaker 1: What about that? Lenny Williams, Steve.
Speaker 6: Girl, you know.
Speaker 2: No matter what you do, But but the line in it was, what's that line where he says, uh, when the tears fill up in the whales of my eyes, that boyfriend to cry, God, I don't fell them well up in there?
Speaker 1: How far didn't go to try to get you back? How far would they do?
Speaker 8: She didn't try to get me back, but she tried to destroy me.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, all right, on that note, we're gonna end it all right.
Speaker 11: Coming up, Junior's in for the Nephew with today's prank phone Call.
Speaker 1: Right after this, you're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 11: Coming up at the top of the hour, right about four minutes after it is my Strawberry letter for today, and the subject is why is he blaming it on me?
Speaker 13: Why?
Speaker 11: We'll get into that find out what that's all about. Wait till year this story, this letter. Wow, in just a few because right now it is time for Junior in for the Nephew with today's prank phone call.
Speaker 1: Junior, what you got?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 12: So before I get to the prank phone call, can I just say this, man? Oh, you should be really proud of nephew. Tell me while you was out, man, he did such an excellent job. He was really really good. I'm telling you long got here today. But I just want to say, you know, you should be proud of him. And then he he led us the way he could lead us. And I just want you to know that you should be really proud of your nephew. Man, he really stepped up in your absence.
Speaker 2: And well, yeah yeah, clap clap, clap, clap clap. Oh yeah, all that's good time to get paid.
Speaker 1: You mean for doing this?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Excuse me, Shirley, you want to complete your sentence.
Speaker 11: You can't just take a moment to say yeah, to give your nephew some a little praise, pat.
Speaker 4: On the back.
Speaker 2: He was at work.
Speaker 3: Let's see.
Speaker 13: So you don't believe that your employees should get knowledged in addition to receiving a paycheck.
Speaker 1: Well done.
Speaker 2: Let me give all the four of you on an example. Right now, I came back. Anybody said a thing about that?
Speaker 1: What we've been saying it all morning?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no no, I said I'm back return to the mac ain'tybody said nothing about me being back?
Speaker 12: Are you?
Speaker 2: You know why you don't say that? Because I get back, because I get paid. I get paid to be here. I don't get paid. And now y'all in up Hill want me to give round applause somebody doing the job if.
Speaker 11: In junior you won't say it about yourself, but you did an outstanding job as well.
Speaker 10: I get paid. I get paid again again. You got it's metro fast.
Speaker 4: I get paid.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 2: You have to give man. Yeah, you know they were great in my absence, you know they they did so many outstanding things. Oh, they were exceptionally funny.
Speaker 4: Oh they job?
Speaker 2: Then what they do they?
Speaker 8: If they ain't funny, what is they?
Speaker 13: What are they own?
Speaker 6: Here?
Speaker 1: Fulk? What are they? And we're so happy to have you back.
Speaker 2: Well okay, well let me tell you what they didn't do.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're so happy you're back.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me tell you what they didn't do.
Speaker 1: What didn't they do?
Speaker 2: They ain't take no extra risk? What they didn't try to cross the line?
Speaker 4: Oh all right the radio job? Yeah about active he's saying.
Speaker 2: Oh no yah, talking about on the show. Well, they ain't make no controversial remarks.
Speaker 1: All that for you?
Speaker 12: Well, yeah, let's talk about that. After the prank, he would go today's prank phok call.
Speaker 10: He left his drawers, He left his drawers come on cat.
Speaker 14: Hello, yes, yes, hey, this is the door man mark your building. Okay, I have a mistress here who is trying to get buzzed up to your unit. Are you Are you at home right now?
Speaker 9: Sir?
Speaker 15: No, no, no, sir, I'm not a who a mister?
Speaker 14: Sorry, and he wants he buzzed up. Supposedly he left some articles in the room or in your unit a couple of days ago.
Speaker 15: And I was out of town a couple of days ago. What day are we talking about? Uh so, what you actually?
Speaker 14: He started Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Speaker 15: He was there all three days. You guys let him into my apartment for three days he was in my place.
Speaker 6: No mischief.
Speaker 14: We don't let anybody in and let someone in the unit allow them to be buzzed up. That's the rules here of the building. So we definitely didn't do anything.
Speaker 15: Out of chi Who let him in?
Speaker 9: Who buzzed him?
Speaker 14: Indy, sir, I hate to say it, but I'm assuming your wife must to buzz him up.
Speaker 15: You mean my wife was not there three days ago. She was on a business trip. She was not at the apartment three days ago.
Speaker 14: No, sir, your wife was here. I've actually seen your wife come in and out. Okay, the dude is there right now, he's downstairs. He's here right now with me, sir.
Speaker 2: What did he leave him?
Speaker 6: Late? Okay?
Speaker 14: Once, miss, actually leave this part fair.
Speaker 9: Pants and and what else?
Speaker 2: He says?
Speaker 14: He left, uh a pair of pants, so underwear in the tooth forrush shirt. Sir, it's still hill till.
Speaker 15: He's there right now. Let me talk to him. Put him on the phone, let me talk to god.
Speaker 3: You know what, missus.
Speaker 14: Right now we're listening to you, and I rate the way you're saying. I don't want to put this guy on the phone.
Speaker 15: Mark, if you want to keep your job at the building, you're gonna put him on.
Speaker 9: The phone now, sir.
Speaker 14: Sorry, miss he's actually leaving out of the building now he's leave, he's walking out.
Speaker 15: I don't know she put him on the phone.
Speaker 9: What is your problem?
Speaker 15: You got videos to vailis right? You got video footage of everybody that comes.
Speaker 14: In and out of the building, right, yes, sir, But you know, if if nothing occurs, we I think we should have footage that goes back at least two weeks, so we should be able to pull some things up for you, sir.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I'm gonna need you to get that, and I need they hit over to me right now. I'm at my work email. I need it today because this is some y'all let some apartment and it's like, what kind of the income fool are you? What kind of d before are you?
Speaker 6: Sir?
Speaker 14: Missus missus s all right, well please hear me out, sir, hear me out.
Speaker 9: I have We haven't just let.
Speaker 14: Someone in, someone in your unit, buzz someone up. We didn't just let anyone up. Now, I know you don't want to hear it, but I'm assuming your wife buzz this guy just turned up. We didn't do that.
Speaker 15: You shut up and get me what I asked for and then we're done. Okay.
Speaker 14: Well, well, you know you're saying I have a problem. Maybe you have a problem. Please and your wife and that's why.
Speaker 9: She's buzzing other people.
Speaker 14: Oh you talking to me like that, you sir, you're being respectful to me as well, sir.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 15: The disrespectful is you coming and letting people I'm gon to my buildings.
Speaker 2: That you know is now.
Speaker 14: I haven't let anybody up here. I can't stop your wife from doing what she's doing.
Speaker 15: That's okay.
Speaker 14: And what you're thinking and taking out on me and what you should be saying to your wife. Somebody has got to dress up all the time and always buzzing somebody up to the room when you're guard.
Speaker 15: That's what showed me to.
Speaker 9: The door man.
Speaker 15: Mister you you you know what, I'm the only around here busting my take care. Damn man, I'm over here working right now to take for that. So they got job.
Speaker 9: Well, you might be handling then, but I'm a dinner you're not.
Speaker 14: You're not handling your business at home. That's why she keeps buzzing people off.
Speaker 6: Sir.
Speaker 15: You know what, what the business I'm a handle when I get home today is show them the door.
Speaker 14: The man your your wife has been sir.
Speaker 7: You're gonna quit.
Speaker 14: Calling me the door man.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 9: You want doorman, what's your position?
Speaker 15: What you do for a living? I'm a doorman door and thank you, missing door man. Matter fact, I'm gonna stop calling you miss the door man, because that's getting too much respect.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 14: If you know, if you if you stop Tommy from going up to your room, you'll be fine. Who Tommy nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Your wife got me the prank phone, called you, y'all.
Speaker 15: Crazy, You're about to get.
Speaker 9: About job cussing. Good man, It is not fool man.
Speaker 6: You don't know.
Speaker 15: That was going through my head. And she was about to get it, y'all was everybody was about to get it.
Speaker 14: Hey man, I gotta ask you, man, what is the baddest and I mean the baddest radio show in the land.
Speaker 15: Man, gotta be the Steve Harvey Morning s.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you for doing your job in Tommy's Chubb today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I'm to Steves. They're getting on my nerves cleft.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 7: Ji.
Speaker 11: Coming up next, it is my Strawberry letter and the subject is why is he blaming it on me?
Speaker 1: We'll get into it. Steve's back right after this.
Speaker 13: And education is a transformation every day. The third Good Marshall College Fund transforms lives through scholarships and career advancement opportunities. Over a half a billion dollars has already gone back to students who needed most. We also connect companies with exceptional HBCU talent through workforce development initiatives. I am a proud HBCU graduate and my education helped me reach my fullest potential. I'm continuing that tradition with my daughter, who will be attending in HBCU this fall. Generational excellent continues. TMCF is America's largest organization that exclusively represents the HBCU community. Join us in being part of the transformation applied, donate, or partner with us today at TMCF dot org.
Speaker 11: You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, work, dating, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to STEVEARBFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 4: You could be yours.
Speaker 12: Ladies, gentlemen, it is time for the Strawberry Letter with my good friend Shirley Strawberry.
Speaker 1: Thank you my good friend. Junior.
Speaker 11: Subject why is he blaming it on me? Dear Stephen, Shirley, I'm thirty seven and my husband is thirty eight. He's not a muscular man, but back in the day he used to fight everyone in school and he eventually got expelled from school for fighting. He and I started dating ten years after we graduated. I got pregnant, so we got married. While I was pregnant, he assaulted a guy that gave me a compliment, and he ended up spending almost three years in jail because he was already on probation. While he was gone, I had the baby and I started dating that man that he beat up for complimenting me. I got pregnant by that man and had a son, and while my husband was still in All while my husband was still in jail. When he got out of jail, I did not ever tell him about the rendezvous with the other man and my son that the other man is raising. My husband's attitude was a lot better, and we barely argued. Our marriage was great until two months ago when my husband ran into my other child's father and my son was with him. My son is my twin, and everyone can see it. No one has ever mentioned it.
Speaker 14: It was.
Speaker 11: It was a rumor around town, but I guess everyone was too scared of my husband to mention it to him. My husband came home and asked me about the boy, so I admitted everything to him. He was unusually calm, and he left the house. I called to see where he went, and he said he was outside of the man's house. I got scared, so I dialed nine one one and rushed to the man's house. My husband wasn't there. I went home and he was back, sitting in the driveway crying. He said he didn't want to go back to jail, so it was best to leave me alone. Then he filed for divorce and moved out. He said, I'm the reason our marriage ended. He was in jail, So what did he expect me to do? Why is he blaming it on me? You know, I get your husband was in jail and life goes on for you. I get that, But did you have to get with the man your husband beat up and went to jail four and did you have to have his baby too? I'm just not understanding why you went back to that particular guy.
Speaker 4: Did you have.
Speaker 1: Did you leave something out of this letter? Do you guys have history?
Speaker 11: Because you just casually say some guy gave you a compliment and your husband beat him up and went to jail because he was already on probation. Then, to make matters worse, you never even told your husband about the baby you had with the guy. The father may be raising the child, but don't you ever see your son. Doesn't he spend time with you ever? I mean, you're his mom. How did you think your husband wouldn't find out that you had another baby while he was locked up? I mean, thank god he didn't get violent with your baby daddy again for fear of going back to jail.
Speaker 1: Why is your husband blaming you?
Speaker 11: You ask, because you should have told him what was up and not let him find out this way. You knew he was going to get out of jail someday. I mean, how did you think you could keep a whole baby from him? I don't get it. You said your husband has changed for the better, but obviously you haven't, and that's why he's divorcing you and saying it's all your fault.
Speaker 1: Steve.
Speaker 2: This letter amazes me because the writer of the letter, who is this woman? She don't see nothing she did in this whole letter. She just And the question is, why is he blaming it on me? Did you read what you're typed? Why is he let's keep that theme running? Why is he blaming it on me? I'm thirty seven My husband is thirty eight. He's not a muscular man. But back in the day, you used to fight everybody in school. Eventually got expelled for fighting. Here and I started dating. Ten years after we graduated, I got pregnant and we got married. Listen to me.
Speaker 8: We got pregnant and we got got married.
Speaker 2: While I was pregnant, he assaulted a guy that gave me a compliment, and he ended up spending almost three years in jail because he was already on probation. All right, now these are the facts. All these are facts. They're married, they got a child, he got a temper, he fight all the time. God complimented you while you was pregnant. He assaulted the guy and went to jail for almost three years because he was on probation. After this, this is when the letter takes a turn to where we just don't know why she stopped understanding while he was gone.
Speaker 8: I had the baby and I started dating that man that he beat up.
Speaker 2: For complimenting you. What compliment did he give you that made you go.
Speaker 16: Ooh?
Speaker 2: Soon as he go to jail, I got to see what he was talking about. Now I had the baby and I started dating that man. Did he beat up for compliment me. Then listen to this, y'all. I got pregnant by that man and had a son all while my husband was in jail subject of the letter. Why is he blaming it on me? The last line in the letter is he said, I'm the reason our marriage ended. He was in jail, So what did he expect me to do? Why is he blaming it on me? Because while he was in jail serving time, you got with the guy that complimented you. You had a son by this man all while he was in jail. You don't see that.
Speaker 1: Hang on, Steve, hang on.
Speaker 11: We'll have part two of your response coming up in twenty three minutes after today's Strawberry letter subject why is he blaming it on me?
Speaker 1: We'll get back into it right after this. You're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 11: Spending time outdoors, and let's talk about skin cancer. Non melanoma skin cancers, or nmscs, including basal cell carcinoma and cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma, are the most common cancers in the US and can become harder to treat if left undetected. That's why sun protection and timely detection Matter. Our sponsor, Regeneron, is raising awareness about advanced nmscs. Learn more and take the pledge to see a dermatologists annually at Let's get real about skin cancer dot com. All right, come on, Steve, Let's recap today's strawberry letter. The subject is why is he blaming it on me?
Speaker 2: This is a letter that's written by a delusional woman who does not want to take responsibility for her actions. The name of the letters why is he blaming on me? Let's go, let's keep that theme in this letter. You thirty seven, your husband thirty eight. Y'all knew each other in high school. He's not a muscular guy, but he's fight all the time. He has a temper problem. Ten years after y'all graduate, y'all get together, y'all getting married. You get pregnant, so y'all get married. While you was pregnant, he assaulted a guy that complimented you while you was in full pregnancy, and he went to jail for almost three years because he was on probation. Now, just these are the only facts in the letter. After this, the letter just takes a nosedive. Now, while he was gone, I had the baby day baby, and then she started dating the man that he beat up for complimenting you.
Speaker 8: I got pregnant by that man and had a son.
Speaker 2: A is it three years, girl, because you just got the baby, got pregnant, had another one. I got pregnant by that man and had a son, all while.
Speaker 8: My husband was in jail. The name of this letter is why is he blaming on me?
Speaker 2: You don't see none of that. You don't You don't see what happened, why he was in jail. When he got out of jail, I did not ever tell him about the rendezvous with the other man and my son that the other man is raising. Surely made the best point. You don't see your son, you don't visit your son. You're just letting him raise him. What's happening here? My husband's attitude was a lot better, and we barely argued. Is that what jail do a lot of time? Jail worked for some people some people that don't. But most people I know that been to jail in prison, it worked ree herbilitating Now, is it the good system in prison? Absolutely not? Is it fair? Absolutely not of abuse? Yes it is, but some guys get out and sweat. I ain't never going back. Now, you got a high retention high. I don't know what. Yeah, that word right there, they got that high. People go back. Yeah, they're gonna do that licitis. I call it revisitism and they coming back.
Speaker 13: So uh.
Speaker 2: Our marriage was great until two months ago when my husband ran into the other child's father and son was with him. My son is my twin and everybody can see it, but no one has ever mentioned it. It was a rumor around town, but I guess everybody was too scared of my husband to mention it to him. Yeah, he just got out of jail. Fuck whooping. Somebody there made the people you want to try to see if the rehab has kicked in. My husband came home and asked me about the boy. Who's this little boy? He got he looked just like you. So I admitted everything to him. He was unusually calm, and he left the house. I called to see where it went, and he said he was outside the man's house. Now he's sitting out there, he thinking about it. I got scared, if down nine one one and rushed to the man's house. My husband wasn't there. I went home and he was sitting in the driveway crime. He said he didn't want to go back to jail, so it was best to leave me alone. So then your husband filed for divorce, moved out, and he said, you're the reason our marriage ended.
Speaker 1: He was in jail.
Speaker 2: What did you expect me to do? Why is he blaming it on me? This woman is so delusional. You are the reason that the marriage ended. He was in jail. But what did he expect you to do? Let me tell you what he didn't expect. He didn't expect you to start dating the man that he beat up. He didn't expect you to start dating him. He didn't expect you to get pregnant by the man that he beat up. He didn't expect you to have a baby by the man he beat up. He didn't expect to run up into the man outside after he had been home for two months. And then the boy looked just like you, So he come on to ask you about it. You admit to everything. Now all of a sudden, why is he blaming it on me? Did you know what you admitted to? Were you in the presence of your brain when you told him your baby while you was away for three years? We knew it was three years. But what you want me to do? I can't wait no three years and don't get no action. I got to get touched up. Can't sit up here and wait no three years on you and without getting touched up. And it got crazy one night and we ain't had nothing on it. Then I'm pregnant. You know how much I love kids. He's gonna sit up and ask me how this is my father? I love kids. So I went on to had this other baby, but I gave him to the daddy because I knew you was coming home. Why you run up into him somewhere? Where was you at? Where you running all up into people?
Speaker 3: But see, huh?
Speaker 1: Why this guy though? The guy that got it?
Speaker 2: The reason because of the compliment he gave her while she was pregnant. I don't know what he said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what could he have said?
Speaker 2: Girl, girl girl? What's under all that stomach? I don't know what you could say to a pregnant woman to turn him off? Girl girl girl?
Speaker 8: What is under all that stomach?
Speaker 1: What your comment on today?
Speaker 11: Strubbery Letter as Steve Harvey FM on Instagram and Facebook, and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on the free iHeartRadio app Free never sounded so good. You can download it today now coming up at forty six minutes after the hour. We got Junior with Sports Talk. Right after this, you're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 13: An education is a transformation every day. The Third Group Marshall College Fund transformed lives through scholarships, professional development, and career advancement opportunities. We also connect forward thinking companies with exceptional HBCU talent through workforce development programs.
Speaker 1: I'm a proud HBCU.
Speaker 13: Graduate, and my experience shape me into the person i am today. The education, culture, community, and lifelong connections help me reach my fullest potential. The Thirdgood Marshall College Fund is America's largest organization that exclusively represents the HBCU community. If you believe in education, opportunity, in building future leaders, this is where it starts. Join us and be a.
Speaker 1: Part of the transformation.
Speaker 13: Apply, donate, or partner with us today at TMCF dot org.
Speaker 1: It is time now for Junior and Sports Talk. Junior, what do you have?
Speaker 12: Well, you know unk you've been going. I know you've missed some things. Let me ask you how you felt about some of these things that have happened. First of all, how do you feel about Lebron James going to Philly and not to Cleveland, not to Miami, and not to Milwaukee.
Speaker 4: How did you feel when you heard the news?
Speaker 2: And what was you doing? I was stunned, really, I was completely stunned. Then he went to Philly. I knew he was going back to Cleveland. Oh oh man, Yeah, I knew it, y'all. I mean, you know it's his business. Is me and Lebron friends? We've never been friends. I don't have his number, nothing like that. Well, we are cool when I seen. I'm a fan of his. You know, I think he's had the greatest career of all time, you know, And I hope when he get in Philly, I hope they die dogs. You know what happened?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he heard Cleveland.
Speaker 8: Yeah, go to Cleveland. So so what what you want me to feel?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 8: I'm signed w d AS and I know y'all overjoy.
Speaker 1: Yes they are, but not going to Cleveland championship.
Speaker 4: He said they hope they die.
Speaker 2: Dog's death job depth.
Speaker 12: Okay, all right, I'm talking to me about this the quarterback controversy in Cleveland. Speaking of Cleveland between Deshaun Watson and sha Door Sanders, do you feel we should move off from Deshaun and say he may be QB one or they're gonna have it in the open competition?
Speaker 4: It could be your door. Which one would you prefer? How do you feel about this?
Speaker 2: I don't know, man. I just want to win some games, you know. I thought I could complete some passes, I go. I just want some wins.
Speaker 8: I've never met neither one of them. I've never met neither one of them. Yeah, but I am dear friends, which should do us?
Speaker 2: Father? Yeah, and Prime chop it up all the time. So I'm pulling for should do it, especially for the way they did it. So I'm pulling for him. But if Deshaun Watson still has it, then let's have it, Okay. But I think here's what I think is going to happen. What I would prefer that they do is just going and give should do it a wheel from the outgo. But I don't think that's what they're gonna do. They got to try to get something out of this contract. Football is a business. They can't trade DeShawn. Don't nobody want that contract.
Speaker 1: Congratulations to Lebron, you know, I.
Speaker 8: Mean congratulations and all that, but you know, y'all ain't.
Speaker 1: Gonna all right.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 11: Coming up at the top of the how a woman on social media needs some advice, she says three dates were three too many. We'll talk about it right after this. You're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show Shannon and Steve Harvey FM.
Speaker 3: Wright.
Speaker 11: I've been married for just over two years, and last week I found out my husband had recently gone to dinner with another woman. When I confronted him, he admitted he's gone out with her three times, but insisted nothing physical ever happened.
Speaker 1: He says they were just quote dinners.
Speaker 11: And that he never planned for it to go any further, not that it matters, but he also said that the woman had no idea he was married. I packed a bag that night, moved back in with my parents, and even met with a lawyer. My husband says I never even gave him a chance to make things right. But the way I see it, he didn't accidentally end up on three dinner dates with someone who thought he was single. We have no children. Am I overreacting by wanting to end my marriage over this?
Speaker 2: Well, it's not an overreaction. Here's here's the problem that he created for himself. This is where the unbelievability, this is where the unbelievability factor comes into play. You go on three dates me and don't do anything for no reason. So three dates looking for that three dayoff for no reason. They was just dennis, I had no intention. But then you ain't telling you was married. That's where the that's where the coin toss come here at you know, if it didn't mean nothing, Hey, I enjoy your company. I'm married, you know, I just really want to have company and have some dinner with you. He didn't tell her she was married, and now we're on the third date.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but married people don't even do this.
Speaker 8: I mean, I mean I know they do, but married people don't do what.
Speaker 1: Yeah date three dates with a woman? I mean I know they do. I mean I know they do. But come on, now he's dating and he's married.
Speaker 2: But you know, like the reason you don't tell him you married is so that they can act towards you as they would if you were single. So hopefully after one of the dates, she's gonna go, hey, you want to come over? Hm, exactly, and then I can assure you when she says, Hey, you want to come over. He won't say I'm married something to tell you.
Speaker 8: He might get over there when they get finished.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tell yourself.
Speaker 4: I feel bad.
Speaker 2: They'll tell you that, but he ain't gonna tell you be photo.
Speaker 1: So the wife is right. Yeah, one hundred pers red flags.
Speaker 5: And he didn't.
Speaker 2: He said, you didn't give me a chance to make it right? Make what right?
Speaker 1: What you want me to get you to trade? Yeah, you should have thought.
Speaker 2: About that, y'all. Ain't got no kids, y'all, you.
Speaker 11: Can go ahead on yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, No dating while marriage unless you're dating your spouse. What in the world no dating during marriage? I mean, this is craziness. Okay, we have time for another one, Steve. This is from Luke on Steve Harvey FM. Luke says, one of my best friends is getting married in six months and he's putting the word out that he's looking for groomsmen. There's a catch, though. He wants his bachelor party to be a week long event, meaning that in order to be a groomsman. Groomsman, you need to commit to taking a week of vacation from work. I can't justify taking a week of vacation away from my wife and kids so I can go on a one week adventure with my boys. How do I tell my homeboys stop tripping? And he's doing too much?
Speaker 2: Yeah he is. Because if a guy got a family and he gets a weak vacation, how you going there and tell your wife we ain't going on vacation this year. I'm gonna do a week long with my boy just to just say nothing, all y'all. Finn to get a divorce. Yeah, yeah, you know. And he is tripping and that's too much, and and but he's soliciting grooms though. Yeah, no, man, you need to your wedding should be in your freeing group. Man, you need to and dog, no man gets to do a whole week of you get one night doog all week and that's now. Now we gotta get this tuks. We gotta pay for this trip. We gotta be down here for man.
Speaker 1: No, it's a note for you. Steve. All right, thank you. We'll have more of the Steve.
Speaker 11: Harvey Morning Show coming up at twenty minutes after right after this, you're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Well, guys, voting, I mean this year is you know, the year for voting, and if you live in the following states, please get out and vote in these primaries two day Kansas state wide primary, Michigan state wide primary, Missouri state White Primary, Virginia State White Primary, and Washington state wide primary. And on Thursday, this coming Thursday, it's Tennessee's primary. Remember the midterm elections are about ninety one days away, that's what three months from now, So have your voting plan together. Start getting it together now. If you don't or get registered to vote. Remember there are thirty three Senate seats on the ballot and all four hundred and thirty five House of Representative seats. Okay, so we really have to be involved for this midterm election coming up. And it's just, like like I said, ninety one days away. That seems like a lot of time.
Speaker 2: But want to do is start now with the right website to send everybody too so they can get real voting information to make sure they're register because you know, these disadministrators are doing everything.
Speaker 8: They're trying to knock out mail in voting.
Speaker 2: They're trying to knock down the ballot boxes, they're trying to knock down ballid drop off places, they trying to do it. They district can. They're doing everything man to make us ivalid because this guy wants to run a third time.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you're right. But we got to get out and vote this November for the midterms. That's where it starts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, start your plans now.
Speaker 11: That's right, all right, coming up, we'll play around it. Would you rather? Right after this, you're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Spending time outdoors and let's talk about skin cancer. Non melanoma skin cancers, or nmscs, including basil cell carcinoma and cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma, are the most common cancers in the US and can become harder to treat if left undetected. That's why sun protection and timely detection matter. Our sponsor, Regeneron, is raising awareness about advanced nmsc's learn more and take the pledge to see a dermatologists annually at Let's Get Real about Skin Cancer dot com. It is time now for a round of would you rather? Would you rather have crumbs in your bed or pebbles in your shoes for the next ninety days.
Speaker 2: No, we're gonna go and take them crumbs in. That's a hard sleep.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, especially if you have to wear heels. Yeah, you know all right.
Speaker 11: Would you rather sleep with someone on the first date or would you rather wait a whole year.
Speaker 1: To sleep with them?
Speaker 4: Well, it's going to be the first date. I'd rather do that.
Speaker 1: Reit some on the first day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the way the whole year?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well you know why?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I wait a whole year, I might be in hospital. I can't wait that long, might do I'm healthy.
Speaker 10: I'm here any way, I'm sitting up here waiting then, you know, for November.
Speaker 4: I can't do that. I'll be in there. I'm healthy. Now let's do different.
Speaker 8: Now, you gotta get yours here right now, right now?
Speaker 11: Okay, junior, I'm sorry. I apologize beforehand. Would you rather have a receding hairline or would you just rather cut it all off and be bald again?
Speaker 2: Well that said, so that's a one man decision on this was right here, I.
Speaker 1: Apologize and you would you would do this over the day?
Speaker 10: He do come back, he would, saying right in front of him, you know, I'm gonna come on.
Speaker 6: I'm just.
Speaker 1: My hand's fine.
Speaker 4: I don't know what y'all be looking at.
Speaker 14: It.
Speaker 2: No, it's not fine.
Speaker 8: And you don't know where we looking at. We don't know where you ain't looking talking about your hands. Fine, I come back to work and.
Speaker 2: You still ain't cut your hair. I just knew when I came back. I said, you know what, now that Jillian head by Now, oh man, I come back. He still got that little oh.
Speaker 10: Ahead, Sure, that's not even what I'm saying, unk is that I have I why is it bald?
Speaker 4: I have a right to keep my hair. I think my hair is fine.
Speaker 12: No, just because you say you want me to go ball, I'm gonna be I should go ball, I should should should.
Speaker 2: Keep No no, no, no, no, no, no, no no no, I'm not saying you should go ball.
Speaker 8: You are going.
Speaker 1: Let's be clear the hell you.
Speaker 2: Mean I'm saying this is not a conversation. This ain't cause I'm talking about it makes it so Yeah, talking about just because you're saying I'm a alone, got me saying nothing.
Speaker 8: This is az on the target and the target.
Speaker 4: Wow, he just came back.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna say that's today's round them. Would you rather coming up next? We'll close out the show because it is our last break of the day. Steve Harvey's closing remarks, I do right to this Ti female hus a game here, Joa King?
Speaker 6: What I thought it? Your boy, big snoop dog.
Speaker 7: And you're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 11: You're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Spending time outdoors And let's talk about skin cancer. Non melanoma skin cancers, or n m scs, including basil cell carcinoma and cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma, are the most common cancers in the US and can become harder to treat if left undetected. That's why sun protection and timely detection matter. Our sponsor, Regeneron, is raising awareness about advanced n m s c s. Learn more and take the pledge to see a dermatologists annually at Let's get real about skin cancer dot com. Here we are our last break of the day. Steve Harvey is back. We've had a great day. Yeah, yep, you were missed, Steve, you were missed, you were missed.
Speaker 1: Glad you're back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm glad. I'm back. Yeah, I'm back.
Speaker 1: Like you know what Cadillac seats? What suits?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Now, like Junior's hairline.
Speaker 4: Yeah, anything back to normal.
Speaker 3: Man, I turned.
Speaker 2: Somebody got to keep your focused. I go away and you do real good on the radio. Don't nobody mention your hairline? Because I just knew when we came back, I said, sure, we're gonna have a haircut off I get back. I said, you know, I'm looking forward to getting back. You're gonna have a bad head. And but then you know, he was out there Raheem devon concert and people was complimenting you. You know, I don't know what you're talking about. Your hair look fine. Obviously they short it in him. No way you could see what I see and not realize there is a problem.
Speaker 1: There is no way.
Speaker 8: From this view up here that you.
Speaker 2: Don't recognize the problem. I want to say a couple of things in my clothes, remarks that I wasn't able to say because I've been going away, the passing of some old friends of mine. There's a couple uh Doctor Melanie Macklin who used to be a correspond on this show for skincare for Health and Beauty. She had a brand called Bellinutrie that I've used, very very good products. I just since I wasn't here, I wasn't able to do this, but now I'm back. I want to say condolences to her, her family, her husband, her daughter, who graduated from Howard. She was a Howard University graduate. She was also a proud member of AKA and just a super dope person, man, I mean a super dope person. Her husband actually text me the morning that she passed and just wanted to let you know, man, my queen has gone on to see the Lord. And it threw me because I went like, Wow, that really really threw me, man, because she was such a kind person. I knew. I didn't know anything about her illness or nothing, so I'm assuming it was sudden. But what a sweetheart of a person.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I met them when I was performing at Dark Constitution Hall in DC one night and they just came backstage and we stayed cool every since. And just so a bright woman, man, Just such a I mean a glowing personality.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: Doctor Melanie Macklin from Howard University and AKA passed away, and that really that really bothered me. So I wanted to come back on the radio and say something about her and condolences to her and her family. She had a beautiful daughter, everything, man, So I know it's tough, and I have no words except to just keep talking to God. God can get you through anything. The second thing that I wanted to say was the passing of Minister Lewis Farrakahn's wife, mother khadizah Or, who I've met several times at their ranch, who I met several times in La sitting in hotel rooms, spend a lot of time talking at the hospital once. What a wonderful, wonderful woman, mother Khadiza was. She was the wife of Minister Lewis fair Khan. What an incredibly wonderful woman this was. You know, you can't you can't understand how important a wife or a woman is to a person like that, a man with this magnitude, this much of a public figure. That woman is so critical. Man. She was just a really really kind person, man, really kind person. She was the only person that I knew could make him do something. It was so funny, man, I'd be sitting with such a powerful man listening to him, and she'll go, she'll lean over, go We're not gonna do that, and then he'll just go, okay, baby. It was just amazing to watch how she was and her so I knew him. I was the closest with Musta for soul, I knew the other ones. You know, I'm not gonna call you by name, but all of y'all, man, condolences to everybody in the Nation of Islam who suffered his loss, but especially to my brother Minister Lewis Farha Khan. I just wanted to say I've been off the air, and I didn't get a chance to say it. But when I came back, I wanted to make sure. I wanted to say deepest condolences to one of the most beautiful souls I've ever met. I mean, this woman was a beautiful soul. Man they called the mother Khadesion. I did too, So I just wanted to say condolences to them. And so those are the two things I wanted to pay tribute to when I came back. Also want to mention man that we have got to get ourselves together on the front line over here. Our culture is under attack, our whole existence in this country is under attack. All of the strides we've made is under attack, and we've got to be conscious, man, of what this administration really is towards us and to all people. Because I don't understand latinos for Trump. I don't understand blacks for Trump. If you could tell me why you are black for Trump, please call the show and explain to me. And if you're an a Latino for Trump, could you please call the show and explain it to me. Tell me what good this man is doing for you in any capacity so I can understand how you feel what you feel. I just wanted to say that. So we've got to get on point with this voting. We have a chance to bring back some control in the Senate and the House, and we got to get the voting man. It's the only real chance. Hey man, I'm.
Speaker 8: Back return of the MAC. Y'all feel good about yourself.
Speaker 1: Talk to God today.
Speaker 2: You'd absolutely love to hear from you.
Speaker 8: Junioryard hanging that boy hanging there.
Speaker 2: Because it ain't.
Speaker 11: For all Steve Harvey contests. No purchase necessary, voidware prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated.
Speaker 1: For complete contest rules, visit Steve HARVEYFM dot com. You're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show.