Speaker 1: Hey, Hey, this is comedian Playment Roll and welcome to this week's episode of Laugh A Learned ladyes Jim. I know we a few days delayed, but guess what, we still here because we know you're here with.
Speaker 2: Us and for us. And when I say us, I am not alone. Of course I'm we might gorge with them, beautiful co host Smith's Bobby Clifford.
Speaker 3: Hi, tut's how's it all? Where are you been?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's been a week. I've been to Floriddy. I was landing the land of what's that governor's name, DeSantis? I was. I went down Alligator Alley, Robby. I didn't see no alligators. They was up in the woods.
Speaker 2: I'm glad they didn't come out because I stopped the pen and I would stand up there pee and I was like, if ever I wanted to get a sex change it the right alligator.
Speaker 1: Come, he can get it to that good guy.
Speaker 3: You'd be a Unich. For the love of God, that wouldn't have been good.
Speaker 1: Florida, Florida.
Speaker 2: We went to uh Tampa on Friday and on tur with tifty had Tampa on Friday and for a lot of there on Saturday, and I want you all to know Tampa and for a lot of there were both great theaters. There's great audiences. I can't think of it was the Tampa Theater and it was in for Ladderdale. It was the Parker Playhouse. Great theaters, great acoustics. But the people were fantastic. Bobby, lots of Trump, lots of Trump supporters there and lots of love after the show to come to me and to Barbara Carlisle and as well as timpany Hatt. It's it's the Funny Feelings too, Ladies and gentlemen. If you want to see us on too, go to timnany haadies dot com. We are in Montana this weekend and in the following weekend we are in North Dakota. I'm gonna kiss some moose.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh, I'm trying to see you and your cowboy hat. And if you get some cowgirl boots.
Speaker 1: I got my boots. I got them on silver boots for a girl. I'm going up to Montana. Just different audiences. And I'm telling you the Red State audiences have been the best. They really have. Those people really haven't come out. They have a good time.
Speaker 2: So yeah, So we've been traveling and unfortunately, my landlady is selling my home that we're renting, so I'm gonna have to relocate. So we'll see how that play is out. But she gave us a lot of time. She has been wonderfully accommodating. So ooh, but just moving packing and boxes and yuck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you've got a lot of You've got a lot of clothing.
Speaker 1: I got a lot of bullishit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you do.
Speaker 1: You dot a lot that.
Speaker 3: I think it's time for for fire sale.
Speaker 1: Girl.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you're talking about anyway. The only thing I like to sell is I like to sell some of this government. We're gonna start off by said giving our condocince. We lost the pope recently, this last week he passed away. And this was this was a very unorthodox hope. He was very different from the uh, the regular cut of the meal, cookie cutter pope. He saw people, poor, h different nationalities, different sexualities. Because he saw people, he remembered that the Bible that y'all push and love, the holl of our religion with with the.
Speaker 1: Word of God, is love. And he loved people how you identify sexuality or race. And so he might be an anomaly, one of that we might never get again.
Speaker 2: But may he rest in peace. We don't we're not sure how he passed. He was eighty eight years old. He seemed to be in pretty good health. They say somebody gave him a piece of chocolate.
Speaker 3: No he was not.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 4: He had just got over double pneumonia, and he had had when he was a young man, got some sort of infection that affected as lung. So he struggled quite often in the past few years. His his voice had gotten softer. But my god, he was as sharp as attack right up to the end. He I'm gonna say he more than inched. But we didn't make huge strides, but we made some strides. He felt that women needed to play a bigger role in the Catholic Church, not necessarily priests. He discussed at times, not piercely, not having to be celibate. You know, we're the only religion where that exists, because it lowers your pool, right, you know, you're not going to get a lot of people that want to give everything up. He spoke about gay priests. He says, who am I to judge? It's none of my business. He had he had trans gender people. They were allowed to baptize their kids in the church, which they always should have been. They were out to be godparents. He felt that lgbt qi plus was a human condition. He said it was a sin because the Bible says that. He says, but so is not giving charity or mercy to your neighbor, which we all do on a regular basis. So he was he really was for the marginalized. His parents fled Italy against fascism and went to Argentina, so he knows what it was like to work with migrants, people who are marginalized. He was pretty I can tell you he was not a fan of Trump or his administration. The last time I saw him, it looked like poor Francis sucked a big woman.
Speaker 3: He he was a Franciscan. He was lived in poverty.
Speaker 4: He could have three hundred and seventy four thousand euro salary. He put that back into feeding the people. He took one hundred dollars a year for himself. He did not live in the lavish apartment that the pope is allowed to. He lived with his brethren, with his sect, with his fellow priest, fellow Franciscans. He was buried in the church that he did the most service in, which was not, you know, a snazzy church, but that's where he that's where he wanted to be buried. He was really quite a remarkable quite a remarkable man. He had the head of everything. Every country there Zelenski, they cheered for Zelenski. I did not hear so much for the orange man who wore a blue suit and was told he was to wear a black suit. But his wife came came uh dressed correctly.
Speaker 3: Milania. There was one point where she closed her eyes and she was looking up and said, like her eyes must be rolled back in her head with this guy.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: She had to tell him about so we do peace be with you?
Speaker 4: At a part of the mass, Catholics will you know, extend their hand to the people behind, She had to tell him. He liked that part because that was kind of being friendly. But Joe and Joe Biden were there. I saw that there were a whole bunch of people from Congress, Nancy Pelosi one of them.
Speaker 3: That were there.
Speaker 4: And that gentleman that was shot at that softball game. I'm blanking on his name. All of a sudden, Eclice was there as well.
Speaker 3: Uh, he went out. I mean, it was remarkable the.
Speaker 2: Lack of respect from from coming from the top, from the leader of our country to be to be acts, not to wear anything with a black suit, and to just stay I'm going to do what I wanted.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you about me right there.
Speaker 2: Those and so some of these men carry stuff like that as such a petty thing, especially in religion, because they are religious fanatics that will be ready to start a war over something like that. So it's almost like he antagonizes the rest of the world to let's do it, let's do it, let's do it. Like it's depressing.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't even get it. I just and I don't understand the American people because that was disrespectful and his people around him, his team around should be like, dude, you know, we know you want to be we know you want to make as flash, we know you want to be singing, but come on, we're not going to disrespect this is you push this as a carnival. You were, and you're pushing this whole religious agenda right now in America, and then you go and do something as cross as this. That's bullshit, Bobby, that's bullshit.
Speaker 4: He's stuck out. I will say, you knew exactly where he was because he's stuck out, like you know, he was blue and everybody else black. And it was the gentleman. I don't know if if women had had to have the same restrictions we do ask people to cover your head, that's kind of that's I don't know. I maybe they don't want their willingly wily ways. That seems to be in every religion. But he stuck out like a sore thumb. It just this, This was a pope. So there on Holy Thursday, we have a washing of the feet, because that's what happened as Christ prepared to, you know, for the crucifixion, and usually there were other people did other cardinals or other other people within the church. He went and did it with prisoners, prisoners of different religion, Muslim, and he would he went wash their feet and kissed their feet on each one to show that he is no better he I mean, this was just a special guy.
Speaker 3: I hope.
Speaker 4: I think May sixth they said they'll start to do the conclave to decide. I hope in this weird political climate that we have right now, that because the papacy is political, whether people want to admit it or not.
Speaker 3: It's like a whole city itself.
Speaker 4: I hope that they choose somebody that will be as impactful and positive for the church as this gentleman was.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, I'm making a note. You said, Thursdays, y'all watch feet.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna make sure the next time I see us on a Thursday, I need my feast watch and I need the.
Speaker 1: Ollive.
Speaker 3: I'll give a loof of He had to.
Speaker 1: He had to be special because I may watch your feet, but the kids of them, oh wait a minute, now, hold on, Yeah, some of your feet looks scary.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just on the top. But can you imagine in prison. I mean, they must have needed their feet. They probably loved it. You'd show them. They'd be crying sitting while he was doing this. It must have felt like, oh so wrong.
Speaker 3: But he just was a He was a remarkable man the special needs.
Speaker 4: He was just so kind to the special needs that were showing a clip where a little boy whose father was an atheist had just died unexpectedly and he was like six seven eight.
Speaker 3: And you know, they they have these.
Speaker 4: Like town halls that you can go to and so he went up to the microphone and he was he started crying. He couldn't speak, and so the Pope said, come here, commit com here. You know what's wrong. Honey, whispered in my ear. He was worried that his father didn't make it to heaven. He said, if my father didn't believe, will he be at heaven? And he says, of course he is. He raised such a lovely boy like you, and he had a couple of brothers. He's he's where he's supposed to be, and he's he's with the Lord. He's he's getting all the better. I just thought, oh my god, how kind. Yeah, he just he was a special guy, you know, and anybody that's good to the special needs and really good, you can tell the difference between a photo op and someone who you know, genuinely cares for people.
Speaker 1: Who are you? Who are you referring to?
Speaker 3: Can you imagine?
Speaker 4: Not even the person I'd be referring to wouldn't even do a photo They wouldn't even bother, right, that wouldn't even they make fun of special needs.
Speaker 1: They don't.
Speaker 4: They don't embrace them for the gifts that they are. Poor Francis, Yes, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, and thank you for thank you for seeing people. I think that's what religious supposed to be about love. Okay, but to do it because I want a question to ask you and this and this wonderful audience in laughing lear how in hell did we let a drunk to become in a position that he is and he keep getting busted? And then we all give secretaries what's her name? What's the lady's name? Who got a purse stolen? It wasn't No, yeah, Christy No, who's in charge of the Secretary of Defense but can't keep up with her purse? Were three thousand dollars worth of cash in and allegedly, girl, what a purse was?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 4: You know how my twisted mind worked on that because her position gets Secret Service right, They couldn't have thought too much of her. I was thinking of Wanda Sykes did a bit about Trump in this first term secret Service not respecting them and letting them climb the stairs to air force one with toilet paper. Do you remember when he did that going up the stairs, And I thought, how much could her Secret Service? I respected her? That they let her purse gets tough? I mean it has to be you were saying it in one of your coffee times. A woman has her purse usually where I put it is and the crook of my back against my back and the seat of the chair so I can feel it. I don't like hanging it over because somebody can get it. I will also put it. I don't like to have my purse on the floor, but I will put it between my legs and kind of keep my legs together.
Speaker 3: They had to have.
Speaker 4: Seen somebody lifting her purse and just you know, her with their three thousand in cash.
Speaker 1: Good girl, listen. And then to admit that, I'm like, in the position that you have, administration is this administration is a keystone copetive, I ever say, there's just so many they just keep bungling it and bungling and getting away with it.
Speaker 3: You just said that.
Speaker 4: And so we had the signal gate that happened a month ago where.
Speaker 1: HEGSAF leaked, leaked all this data on the damn on that on that site.
Speaker 3: And so then and so you think he'd be embarrassed.
Speaker 4: He got a pass and part of the past, though I do believe is not as much a pass as I don't think that Trump would want to admit that he was wrong, you know, because if he fires him, then everybody's kind of like I told you so. So he gave him a pass, which is a second chance. It was a gift, and then he does it again more attack plans with his wife, his attorney, and his brother. Now I'm going to say the attorney and the brother supposedly work at the Pentagon somewhere, so you can kind of say, all right, that was a mistake, but they have they have security. They have some sort of security. I don't know if it's the right security, you know, Clarence, but his wife certainly didn't.
Speaker 1: That's very white of you. I just want you to know that.
Speaker 4: Well, just saying, but I don't he is I feel like flame. We got lucky that that both of these times that nothing big happened. But what's going to happen when when we actually do we have to lose before the.
Speaker 1: Sight and that is what that is, the fear that it is going to be collateral damaged.
Speaker 2: So intervene now when you see that it is a training rig handed towards the goddamn a training handed towards the rick.
Speaker 1: Stop it now. But they keep giving because like you said, maybe Teump don't want to be able to say somebody say you were wrong, you were wrong, or he has to admit that he was wrong.
Speaker 2: But girl, this is going to cost the American people because of his incompetence. And this is truly incompetence, lobby. He does not qualified the disposition. Fix it now before it becomes detrimental to the country. Girl, they would rather eat broken glades the good gun.
Speaker 4: I'm a little disappointed with the administration. They should have so when Hillary had the emails that had not highly classified information, but there was some classified information in there on her personal email, there was no rule prior to that. So she was in trouble, but not really in trouble because nobody said it. But the first thing that they did was they made it a rule. Then nobody can use this.
Speaker 1: Ba ba bah.
Speaker 4: They couldn't even admit that there was a mistake made. We're never going to do it again, and they should. It should have been a rule that nobody can use this signal gig do not text people, pick up a phone whatever your whatever your secure method is, and I don't know what that is because I don't work in government. Use yeah, don't get on a goddamn group text where people could get add it.
Speaker 3: People can come off. I've done stuff like that.
Speaker 4: You know, you're trying to tell someone about a party, and you think you have the right group chat because I hate group chat, but you end up having the wrong one. Mistakes could be made, but they shouldn't even be allowed. So I got to be honest, I'm a little I'm a little disappointed with that. I mean I'm a lot disappointed, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I just don't like the thak that they're again allowing him to get away with this, because stop it, because now it gets us.
Speaker 1: It just shows how weak we look as a country body. Our security is weaken. They love the holiday. You have clears? Do you have clears?
Speaker 2: The ones that have clearer shouldn't have the clearers? Become stupid, right or.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't know if it's stupid. I think it's arrogant. They all and they have been untouchable. They think they're untouchable. None of us are untouchable. We could all be, you know, be replaced. I'm hoping that behind the scenes, you and I aren't seeing it. So the one thing that this administration will do a little bit better than the Democrats did. For sure, especially under the Biden administration, is keep their mouth shut.
Speaker 3: They don't. They don't blurt everything.
Speaker 4: You know on the on the news media so it can be spun, whereas unfortunately the Dems did that. You know, I keep saying, it's like family business, keep it in the family. I hope somebody is slapping his hand and saying, listen, you know three times in your own you know, two times you already had two had two warnings.
Speaker 1: I don't think we can risk a thirty ten.
Speaker 3: And no, I don't think he'll either with.
Speaker 1: His reputation, his hand and what he won't slap Oh.
Speaker 3: Right, probably not. But maybe that's half the problem.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's what's happening when he when he's making these bad mistakes, he's an ECSTA say, but you know, they got to do something, They got to do something there, you know, I'm over it. They've I'll tell you, the administration has been very busy cutting everything. They're cutting grants, uh for for medical grants and of course therefore older women's older women's research that's going to be cut by September. They're they're cutting other grants that do all of these services. But they're you know, the money is not aligned, they say with you know, they're looking to cut crime and immigration and all of these services that they were that they were running.
Speaker 3: That it doesn't fit in with them.
Speaker 2: With all these cuts they're doing, and they're cutting a lot of things that are important to me.
Speaker 1: But I saw something in the moment that really really really got up on the my sky.
Speaker 2: And they're cutting the suicide hotline for you that's one of them. And I just think that that is horrific because sometimes that's all you need is somebody to listen to you. And now they won't have Some people won't have that outlet, Bobby, And I'm afraid of, you know, the other side of that, what that's going to look like.
Speaker 1: And I don't know if they've taken that into consideration. But I remember being young. I remember being unsure about this or that, and you just I didn't they didn't have a hotline, but.
Speaker 2: I had somebody I could talk to, which was about school house. But imagine these kids now now that didn't help nobody to talk to because of being judged or it's going to be put.
Speaker 1: On the internet. We didn't have that when I was young. So you could call this anonymous hotline and talk to somebody that you couldn't see, but that was on the end, trained and qualified to listen to you, to hear you out. And girl, they're taking that away.
Speaker 2: That is going to be dangerous, Bobby, that's very dangerous.
Speaker 4: It is it's it's what they say is it's it's money that helped fight crimes, gun violence, opioid use, and it also helped crime victims to kind of to be able to get some recovery because some people don't have insurance or they don't have the copays. Sometimes there are policies that have big, huge deductibles and whatnot and they can't get help. But they you know, they said that they're looking to get rid of the toxic DEI and sanctuary city policies and that's where they'd rather put the monies. And I hate the women's research because all research is set up unfortunately with men.
Speaker 3: Who made me first aware of that was probably ten or fifteen years ago.
Speaker 4: Maria Schreiver's dad died of Alzheimer's and so she went in and she, like anything, she's a good daughter, but she's an inquiring mind. She went in to find out what the research is, to get more information, blah blah blah. And now it did happen to be her father, but one or three and five are women that get all and she found out that none of the research that she could come up with had anything to do with women. So somebody that had celebrated that with her in the last year and a half of his administration was Jill Biden partnered with her, and President Biden signed UH signed a bill that put forward I'm im sure that's gone to UH for more women's research, since you know, we're a bigger population that older section because of the baby boomers. It's the bulk of our population right now of women. It just it's I'm really I'm super disappointed about that. I was hoping that we were going to be able to make some strides. Never mind, you know, take stuff away. It's disappointing.
Speaker 1: You're not talking about the person you think the president and now Tiggarway.
Speaker 2: Not the one who used to call the former president sleepy Joe but was asleep at the at the funeral.
Speaker 1: Not that same one.
Speaker 3: Oh did you see that with his mouth open?
Speaker 1: I don't know that.
Speaker 2: No, No, how about knocked out Trump because he was knocked the funk out. That was why I'm good sleep too. He probably was snoring.
Speaker 4: He was you know what else he was doing. They showed him and they had pics of it. It's just disappointing. I hate even talking about it. Sounds so small. He popped so the other thing during a Catholic mass. I don't know if if you are the same, there's no eating. He popped andy R gum in his mouth. He was playing at one point.
Speaker 3: With his phone.
Speaker 4: He's in the first row with his blue suit on. I was I'm like, oh my god, that's why I think his wife was like, I can't take it, you know, so yeah, no, so he did.
Speaker 1: If she can't take it, what does that look like for the American people that this is because now it looks like we are all defending this. We are we are we are defending this foolishness, and we have more rules than anybody. Damn of Carol. It is crazy. Byby oh my god, it's so crazy.
Speaker 4: The only thing I liked about the about Trump there is that he spoke with some of the other dignitaries. I did see him sit down with Zelenski, and because they just they just got hit again where Kiev just got hit again and twelve people were killed. And he did make a comment last week President Trump that Vladimir stopped. That was like big powerful, that was all over the front pages. And he did say yesterday that he thinks that maybe you think that Putin has been kind of tapping him along and maybe he has to come up with some sort of sanctions. Those are big words, you know, like because he they they were they were ready to Rubio was saying that we were going to kind of step out, and we can't step out. But you know he's now, he's in front of you know, Britain was there, France, obviously, Italy, they and they're all supporting Ukraine.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: I would have loved to have been in his seat when when Zelensky came in and they would share in for him what he must have been. It isn't a twist. Yeah, he greened with envy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but this is a this is a great man.
Speaker 4: He met many times with the Pope, you know, because the Pope really supported him. He spoke even at Easter about ending the wars. So I think, oh my god, you know, the day before he passes and he was just speaking about this, and I swore that maybe he had some sort of magic up up there in heaven, that maybe he made the two of them sit down and talk.
Speaker 3: You know, I really i'd love to see that.
Speaker 2: I really, Well, while we're on the subject of the cheese that's slid off, the cracker r okay, J you call autisdam and the epidemic.
Speaker 1: In his first news conference.
Speaker 4: He's gonna have it solved by September.
Speaker 3: He's gonna have solved by September.
Speaker 4: I mean, is he taken that he's going to go to medical school over people have been trying to figure this out. He keeps saying it's vaccines and environmental and it's you know, why did the numbers go up because it's genetics. And I think really what it comes down to is we're getting more savvy flame and we you know, you know, you always saw the kid and you went that kid does something a little off with that kid? Well, now doctors know, you know, there's a better formula, they know how to better diagnose. I mean, I would love if it was something as simple as you know, we'll stop putting whatever into the environment and get But can you imagine being so arrogant. I just can't imagine that he's going to solve that by September. He hopes to have answers by September.
Speaker 2: He better solve their damn brain worms. And oh, Bobby, that's so funny. So y'all had special kids in the family. Y'all say he was special Black people, We have special kids. We sent them down south. They weren't they couldsins down south?
Speaker 1: Have it?
Speaker 2: Whatever happened to Jeremy, Oh he moved down south with the rest of the family. So you already knew either the girl got pregnant or the boy was a little yed. That's how it works.
Speaker 1: We put them.
Speaker 4: We put them right out in the living room or right out on the front porch and had them wave.
Speaker 1: Oh god God.
Speaker 3: So yeah, no, But I mean, it's.
Speaker 4: Just just he's got he's he's got a big thing going out on food dies and stuff. And you know, I kind of am with them with that. I don't like that we put so much crap in our foods. But but the ass.
Speaker 1: But you just see, it's not that he may not his conspiracy may be not be off, may not be wrong, but he's so extreme with the way he comes in attacks with him that he scares the hall a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people aren't.
Speaker 4: I mean, we have a measles epidemic right now, which we haven't had in a gazillion years, and you're they're finding out some of these people aren't there, didn't vaccinate their kids because Bozo is making comments that they're not They're not safe.
Speaker 3: They are safe.
Speaker 4: It's better than having measles, which is killing healthy kids. You know, one of the children that died was unhealthy, they had some pre existing conditions, but the next one was just a perfectly healthy, little little rug rap. So you've got to be very careful about you know what we're saying to people. You can't take that type of stuff away. It's uh, let's do what And it's good for my kids.
Speaker 3: So I don't want my.
Speaker 4: Kid being by the unvaccinated kid, you know, and getting some sort of cootie.
Speaker 3: I would hope that my vaccine worked, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm getting I'm getting quite petrified as a person of not only being trained, but of African American descent in his country, because you know they are they're from what the media says, they're just now they can arrest you for anything and ship you off to a foreign country jail. Because at first it was Latino people, but now they send the cold do it to anybody. That's scary as hell. So you don't even want to have any kind of running with the police, no kind of way whatsoever, because you just don't know what can happen to you they get. They're shipping off innocent people over there to El Salvador for those prisons. I know there's got to be a money trail. Somebody's making a profit from each and every name and number that comes through.
Speaker 1: They got to be.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm sure.
Speaker 4: The fact that he doesn't want to give up the he doesn't want to give up the L Salvador Guy Garcia, that the prison doesn't want to give him back, you know, he's got to be.
Speaker 3: But we have to vet them better though.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: The big thing was remember that we were going to be getting all the criminals out. That's what Wait, but these aren't criminals that they're going after. Now they're saying that, and I don't understand this. They want to use Medicare data to get the immigrants out. Well, here's the problem. Illegal immigrants have no entitlement to medicare. They can't get it, you have to immigrants can get it if they have certain visas to work.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 4: So those are the people were supposed to be going after. So how is that going to benefit you? Where's the benefit in getting the illegal immigrants out with the medicare? I just don't understand.
Speaker 1: H m hmm. But when I realized when they broke the breakdown of how much taxes the immigrants pay, I was like, oh my god, and they do the jobs.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm like, so what is the major issue if this country is running off the taxpayers back and now you want to strip the taxpayers of the Social Security And it's by Bobby is it is really in our face we slapping the hell out of you.
Speaker 3: Oh it's looked. I mean the Social Security I don't have it.
Speaker 4: We had, we had those those exact numbers a couple of weeks ago when we discussed it. But we are in the billions of dollars, like hundreds of billions of dollars that the immigrants pay into Social Security. So now they can because they can't get the benefit. It's like medicare. So if we're going to lose out on those hundreds of if you're going to stop them from coming in, not to.
Speaker 3: Mention all of the jobs.
Speaker 4: You know, I have bumped into more people that are that are having trouble hiring for lower jobs or whatever, and they're saying, you know, well they're not in the country.
Speaker 3: You know, the people who do these jobs out in the country any longer.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, so the kitchens aren't running well in restaurants. I went to my local nursery to look at plants and stuff, and I'm like, I can see if there's a ton of stuff that's that's on all sorts of palettes in the back, but they're not out front.
Speaker 3: And I say, can I go back there and pick and they said.
Speaker 4: No, we haven't marked it, and we don't have anybody, you know, and the young kids don't want these type of jobs. Like when we were kids we did anything. I've washed toilets at a hospital that was going to open. The kids don't want those type of jobs anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bobby, listen, somebody has to do that work. And I think they jumped the gun. They side a moving people too fast with its way.
Speaker 2: You're trying to bring people back and reshift people and rehire people because they just came in like a damn wrecking ball, not knowing what they were doing, and just anything that was in the way got hit.
Speaker 1: But we are in damn show in the place of foolery because you're right by, who's going to do these jobs? Black folks that don't want to do those shops. Black folks don't want to Black people don't want to do those jobs.
Speaker 2: But if they're taken away everything else you have to feed your families, you're gonna have to do something.
Speaker 1: The haves is taken way too much to have just taken way too much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want to feed my fam I want to be able to get the food to feed my family. I want to be able to get it off. Yeah, it seems, it seems absolutely crazy.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I was watching Bill Maher and I had totally forgot this and I don't unfortunately have the numbers with me, But who was on it was Al Gore, who is the shop as attack. My God, he was so well spoken and he was saying this doge of which I guess Musk is going to be stepping down if he hasn't already, because he has to go back to run Tesla, and that's kind of all going to be going away.
Speaker 3: He said.
Speaker 4: They're only they're only copying, are you know? Under Bill Clinton? He and Bill Clinton, they're copying our idea.
Speaker 3: It was rego.
Speaker 4: It was, oh God, regulating government or something.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 4: We went in with a scalp, scalpel, not a chainsaw, and he said, and that was sort of my baby, he said. And I went from the very bottom literally the janitors. I met with them all the way up to understand who did what?
Speaker 3: What did who? He said.
Speaker 4: I think it was three or four hundred billion dollars that they ended up cutting, and they cut like four hundred and sixty thousand. I could be a little off there, excuse me, jobs, he said. And we did it with buyouts. We people understood why they were going where they were going. A lot of it was through retail hiring early, he said, we didn't have one lawsuits, he said, and what we also happened, Remember he said, we had a balanced budget, he said. The way that they're doing it, he says, hiring people, firing people, having to bring them back. He goes, I don't know in all the lawsuits, I don't think they're going to end up saving money at all in the end because of the way that they handled it. He said, But we each, we each did this. They're just more they're just being a little bit more vocal about doing it all and who they're cutting in, he said, But some of these are they're vital positions.
Speaker 3: I don't It makes no sense to me. He was a really good interview.
Speaker 4: If people are listening, if they have, but if they're able to get Bill Maher.
Speaker 1: I thought we were pretty clever with those in Trump and Musk and all.
Speaker 2: Most of it is just a money Powell grat more than a money grab. They're getting the money too, but it's to show the authority. It's to show we have the power, we have the hammer, We hold all the cards. But I love the Chinese. I love a meme my scene when Trump and the Chinese leader was and Trump said we hold all the cards, and the Chinese gathered response was we made the cards.
Speaker 1: Because I think that is what they're forgetting. They keep forgetting that.
Speaker 2: Yet we still have to do business with these people, So make it easy and fair for everybody.
Speaker 1: But these terrorists that's going up. It's going crazy.
Speaker 2: People, businesses are going to suffer, and the American consumer, which is you and I, will suffer more because we're.
Speaker 1: Paying for it. Bobby, I'm telling you we're gonna pay for hard it is.
Speaker 4: Martha Ridits had had a h it was he actually worked. He owned a dom store. He sold highnesses. Small business had them on today and I didn't even think of this.
Speaker 3: I was listening to him to speak.
Speaker 4: He said, with the tariffs, he goes, all of these highnesses come from China, and I'm able to sell them for thirty four ninety nine, he said, if I sold them, if we if if we made these in the United States, he said, with the additional cots that have to do, and what the wages that people would want, they would cost one hundred and ten dollars, he said. So with the tariffs, I got nervous and I was thinking of you with this because I never thought about shipping, he said. And I took out loans on the most amount of money that I could get, and I ordered everything that I possibly could and I had it sent over, he said. And now because everybody else is doing this, the shipping was prohibitive. It was like three times the shipping that he used. They usually had paid for. It was hundreds of thousands of dollars, he said. So, she said, are you're going to break even, like if the tariffs go away, because you have all this? He said, No, he said, because I already have to sell these harnesses now, not for thirty four ninety nine, for fifty dollars to make up my money for the shipping, he said. And I'm not the only one doing this, he said. So he's the way that they're handling the tariffs. Not the tariffs are bad, it's the way it's being handled, he said. Already prices are going up for everything and will over the next six months regardless if we have them. Because the damage just done. People have to make up their money or they will all end up going, you know, bankrupt. Yeah, And I thought, Jesus, I never even thought of that. And I didn't realize shipping. I thought shipping was like a shipping it's like a flat rate.
Speaker 1: No, it's it goes by weight and size and delivery. It's so much that goes on to being shipped. Because when I was when I ordered, my fans sometimes can go crazy, crazy crazy. But and like he said, the damage has been done. And they went in and experience. They went in, they thought they had a plan to make everybody, but they're just getting over like a fat rap because I'm telling you some of these countries have flipped on the terrace because they were backdoor deals. I truly believe that.
Speaker 2: I have no proof of that, but I honestly believe that these backdoor deals are being made.
Speaker 1: Some people are getting over and some people are getting through. But the people that are suffering is us, the American consumers.
Speaker 4: It is you know, I told totally I totally agree with that, And you know what I was thinking of you two?
Speaker 3: I said, oh my.
Speaker 4: God, flame and I are we aged out? But did you see that they're gonna They're talking about giving a baby bonus of five thousand dollars. What the hell are you going to do with five thousand dollars? Daycare, I think is probably here in Boston is between four and six hundred a week.
Speaker 1: So he pampers then't get expensive. Best about what that's the case for a year.
Speaker 4: That's why I'm well, I'm like five thousand. Every year, you're going to get five thousand dollars, But that's still not enough money. I mean, you know what if you had if we had free healthcare. You know, Bubba housing was was a normal price. You know, you're talking one thing, but I mean, we do our numbers are down, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't think a five thousand dollar bonus is going to happen.
Speaker 2: And the sad part about that body is, you know how many idiots are going to have children for at one time five thousand dollars chick. That is probably going to be taxed and.
Speaker 5: It's going to be dasked, so you'll probably get thirty three hundred, right, But it just saysn't I'm like, what impact now if there was free daycare, Like if he said, all.
Speaker 3: Right, you know what we're gonna do.
Speaker 4: We're not going to do free daycare and free healthcare, all right, So now you're talking, you know, like so that you're going to get five thousand.
Speaker 1: Let me let me break it down for y'all. That is a one time five thousand dollars chick for a lifetime kid for the rest of your life. That's your kid, and that that's that's a bad thing, but everything that comes with it, that's your kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, yep, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: It makes to me it makes but I thought, oh, we're not going to get that little tip.
Speaker 3: But I'll tell you what we are getting for us who wants.
Speaker 1: That's how you get pregnant, that little tip. Let me put the tip in, you dirty bird.
Speaker 3: But student loans, we're all paying student loans again.
Speaker 4: And if you are, if you let it go into fault and didn't do all the things you were supposed to do, they're talking about taking taking your your tax refunds, attaching your wages, so everybody get caught up. As of May fifth, we'll be all paying our our student loans again.
Speaker 1: Yuck. Oh yeah, I saw it. And they're gonna garnish your chicks. That's how they bobby. Yeah that and and they're seriously about the garnishing chicks and people. People already live in paychecks and paycheck barely, making it so for them to do garnishments on people. That is going to be something. It listened.
Speaker 2: Elon must said, it's going to be a little hard. It's not gonna be a little hard. It's gonna be rough. It's going to be very rough for so many people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna be a little hard.
Speaker 4: Because he was going to be out after a few months so he didn't have to worry about it.
Speaker 1: Was that was a double dagger here. Bobby said it was gonna be a little hard. He got thirteen kids. It's always a little hard.
Speaker 3: My god, you're too funny. You're too funny, lives to add.
Speaker 2: I want to say, Bobby that I just see for c and it's not like I'm psychic or anything, but when you see these mistakes happening, especially things that put the whole country in jeopardy with with heccepts this.
Speaker 1: This is beyond oh I'm sorry, Oh my bad, or I made a mistake. This is detrimental to this whole country. This is y'all the Republicans. And I know y'all right today y'all stand ten toes down with each other, But on this one, y'all gonna have to take the l and make sure that our safety because our safety also includes your safety. If you haven't forgotten that, you're a part of this America too. Now you're a different part. But if it hit us, it's gonna hit us all. Y'all got to fix that. Y'all. See the man that's ill, completely ill qualified for this position and making the most my new blundering mistakes that a twelve year old will make. But it's gonna cost us way more than what a twelve year old could cost us. Fix this now before it gets better. And what's the name who lost the first? No, yeah, y'all already see the name. The name is known, you know, the nome is right. Nothing, it's just it's just nothing there, It's really nothing.
Speaker 2: No, y'all better fix this because I'm telling you we're putting ourselves in great danger in this country by allowing people who are ill qualified the whole positions and be keys to the keepers of the gate.
Speaker 1: Baby, they shouldn't even know where the gate is at because they gonna tell somebody. Listen. We have enjoyed you guys this week. Here on that and learn.
Speaker 2: You can follow me on all social media podcasts Monroe Flame on Instagram and Flame Monroe on everything else.
Speaker 1: We still do coffee time in the morning. I am home, so we'll be doing coffee time tomorrow. Thank you guys for joining us. Congratulations to Black Effect Network on their third year celebration they had in Atlanta this weekend. We were our working I was in Chicago. Thank you for everyone who came to celebrate the White Party with us. We had a great time. The Black Party is coming up. You can still catch me out on tour with Tiffany had It on the Funny and Feelers Tour with Tiffany Hadis. Go to Tiffany Haddis dot com Montana. You are up next. I'm coming to kiss a moose. Bobby, where can we follow you at?
Speaker 4: I'm on Facebook, Bobby Clifford, I am Clifford, Bobby on Instagram, Laugh and Learn podcast on Instagram and Bobby Clifford and on TikTok.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Who oh.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, Aaron, you gotta get rid all the day. Thank you to our producer, Aaron. I don't know what gut stuck in my throat. Oh my god, I was about to say something. I must about to be say something vile. We appreciate you guys. We're on our way to season five. We look we looking forward to you guys. Tell a friend to celebrate with us right here on laugh alart.
Speaker 1: Oh mind, you.
Speaker 3: Can do the plus from over here. Boom. Thanks everybody. I think that's ash.
Speaker 1: Have a great laugh alart here a laugh alart. The model has not changed and the model will not change. The sound of my voice is changing, but the model has not changed. So we do it. Bobby.
Speaker 4: We're trying to get you. We're not telling you you hot. Oh my god, No, I don't know your mind. We want to get you to use your mind, because the mind is a terrible thing to waste.
Speaker 1: Ladies, here a laugh alone.
Speaker 2: We are not trying to get you to change your mind, only trying to get you to use your mind, because why.
Speaker 4: Bobby, Because of mind and your voter a terrible thing to waste.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you poor baby.
Speaker 2: And this cough gotta bite onside down. Thank you for joining us. We appreciate you here listening. We will see you guys next week. All right, don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn. Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, Alright, Heart Radio app or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learn Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Our ejective producer is Tiffany Hattish. Our theme music is by the one and only Chrissy Payne. Thank you, guys, this is flaming road. Don't forget to laugh, Listen and learn