Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 3: Let's bring in Bloombergs. Is about lee with some market movers. Not too much liquidity, not too much action in this market. But what are you keeping your eye on?
Speaker 4: We're seeing some movement. Neo shares, for instance, ticker and io is up by a little more than one percent. That's after the even maker reported deliveries for December that showed a thirty three percent gain month over months. So Chinese EVN makers are in the spotlight actually because Beijing said they will continue to support National Consumer Goods Trade and Program, which has been key policy to encourage car purchases in the country. So Beijing also said they will broad in their physical spending base in twenty twenty six. So you see shares of other companies like geele or xpang also in the green.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, Neo has definitely been one of those shares that's been hugely volatile all year. We were talking about our h used free restoration hardware I guess with Natalia earlier, and that's been a mover because of Donald Trump.
Speaker 4: Actually it's been a mover because of Donald Trump. And UR shares are up by almost double digits. It's really gaining after a tariff delay. Shares are trading above a two hundred DMA for the first time since March DMIS in moving day average, and if you look at all the technical analysis the Fibonacci in January high to March low, it's around two hundred and two dollars. But ourh I was trying to google it because I've been to an rh rooftop in Chelsea. They have a nice restaurant and I was looking whether they're connected, and I think they are. But it's interesting to see furniture retailers really doing well. But they really have to also diversified their sourcing ahead of the tariffs this year and next in twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 3: Certainly you're also looking at an electric power equipment company Vertive Holdings.
Speaker 4: Vertive Holding stock is up by four and a half percent. That's after Barclays upgraded a power equipment company to overweight from so. Barkley said that it shares currently offer a good entry point following recent volatility. They also note that this stock's here today performance versus overweight rated artificial intelligence name like g i Vernova and nvent Electric, which is good for the company. So this leaves very ripe for some ketchup.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now you also had a hand in the story that he's gonna ge a lot of reads today. It's a very funny story, but I was a little disappointed. So the title of the story is bet against Christ's return pays five and a half percent annual gain on polymarket. So it's well, it turns out that people have been betting if twenty twenty five is the year that Jesus Christ will return, and it actually was a positive gain for them.
Speaker 2: But he's not.
Speaker 1: He didn't come.
Speaker 4: He didn't come, I think somebody out there. So poly market is this niche world that we're trying to monitor poll Market and call sheet and all the other platforms because you see a lot of interesting bets there, for instance, the frequency of Elon Musk tweets, or even Jeffrey Epstein will he turn up alive? So you have oddball stuff like that, but you also have really serious stuff. And so for things like these, I talked to a lot of professors and they all said that, okay, they're fun, but it diminishes the importance of these prediction markets because remember the prediction markets.
Speaker 1: Have been around your of religious leaders.
Speaker 4: But yeah, go on too. But they started in popularity during the elections when they were more accurate than some of the polls. So they do have utility in that sense. But yes, with this specific bet.
Speaker 1: There were definitely accurate in this case.
Speaker 4: Yeah, some three point three million was placed on the bed. Of course many came in as no. And yes, I'm annualized without fees, Uh, they gain a profit of five and a half.
Speaker 1: Who I mean, who out there took the other side of that bet?
Speaker 4: So that's the other thing. I mean, you would think who in the right mind would vote no? Maybe some believers, but also some of the professors I spoke but said not everyone who trades trade to hold. Sometimes you arbitrage.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good point profit.
Speaker 4: So that's also what I thought in the beginning.
Speaker 1: Could it be christ or Elon Howard? Yes, like you want to take one of those for sure?
Speaker 2: The Stockmover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.