Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Who's scoring big this NBA season?
Speaker 1: You are with all the new ways to get in on the action that Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NBA. From monster Slams to dish in the Rock to cleaning the glass, get behind your favorite player and prop bets you can make Undraftkings home of the NBA player props. Ready to place your first bet? Try betting on something simple like picking how many points your favorite player will have. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your pick first time. Here's something special for you. New Draft King customers can bet five dollars and get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Instantly take it to the rack with Draft Kings Sportsbook Every point Counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code money Moves that's called money Moves for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 2: The crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Scammeling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York, call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and Y four six seven three six nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill casino in resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKNG dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: All right, listen up, taxpayer, is time for what you all really tuned in to. Listen to me for financial advice tax season. Boost Mobile wants to turn your tax refund into six months of saving. When you buy six months on their best unlimited plans, Boosts will give you another six months for free. That's like six times two divided by one. Carry the a really good deal. They told me I should have been a tax accountant. Well would you trust me with your money? Well that's great news because I'm not done yet. Visit boost Mobile store doing tax season and enter to win up to ten thousand dollars to double your refund. Or if you're really good at math and money stuff like me, pay off what you still Oh? Okay, time to take my financial envivor hat off and put on my lawyer hat. Requires upfront payment, tax and fees. Extra terms and exclusion apply. Visit boostmobile dot com for full offer terms in sweet details.
Speaker 2: And now I get back to my boring old day job.
Speaker 1: Head over to your nearest boost mobile store and make the most out of your tax refund. Let's talk about the NBA lead in Cleveland Cavaliers, who won their fourteenth consecutive game on the road tonight. They beat the Milwaukee Bucks one twelve to one hundred. The cav just became the second team to win fourteenth straight games while scoring at least one hundred and ten points in each of those games. The only time that's ever happened. Nineteen eighty six, the Boston Celtics won the title. Max Struce had seventeen points to lead a ballot scoring attack. They had their five starters were in double figures. Excuse me, they got thirty eight points from their bench, nine of their nineteen May threes from their bench, and they pull away late and they defeat the Milwaukee Bucks one twelve to one hundred, And it just goes to show you just how good this team is. Because we know Donovan Michigan can go off. We've seen him score seventy, we've seen him have fifty. But when you have a team Evid Mowley, Jared Allen, Daris Garland, Struce, you got Tid Jerome, one hundred Merrill, they really have a really deep team. This is gonna be a look. I still believe it's gonna come down to them at the Boston Celtics. The Boston Celtics, they beat the Lakers last night. They look really good because you have a guy in Jason Tatum who's going to be first team All the NBA again this year. You have JB Jalen Brown who's going to be probably second or third team All NBA this year.
Speaker 2: Dal Horford played really good last night.
Speaker 1: You got guys that can make shots, Derrick White, you got really good premimeter defenders and Holliday and Derrick White, and then you got a bitch man, Peyton Pritchard is unbelievable off the bench. He should be in the runner for sixth Man of the Year. But tonight was all about the Cavaliers. They moved to a record of fifty four and ten. The Bucks dropped the thirty six and twenty seven.
Speaker 2: The Calves. Oh Joe, what do you like about the Cavs?
Speaker 4: I mean, listen what they can do in their totality as a team. You just said it. I thought, obviously, when it's coming into the season, who would be the biggest play for the Celtics coming off an NBA championship? To me, I thought it would be the Bucks, I thought, he said, Dame and Giannis and that combination of what they had, similar to how Luke and Lebron. I mean Luke and Lebron teamed up. But before Luke even got there, I say, you know what the biggest threat for the Celtics would be would be the buff But watching the way the Cavs play as a team, you know, obviously led by by Garland and Donovan Mitchell, the supporting cast, the bench, everyone is scoring. Look how many Look how many players were in double figures at night? When you have all five started, Yeah, all five started. When everybody's playing that complete and nobody is off. It makes it that much much, that much more difficult for them to be beat. And I wouldn't be surprised. Hell, a lot of people shouldn't be surprised, but I mean most people will call me a casual.
Speaker 5: You know, those are the actual NBA fans.
Speaker 4: Won't be surprised if they do unseat the Celtics as the NBA champions this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's going to I think it'll be a deep series that's going six or at least seven. I thought the Knicks would be there also because the addition of Karl Anthony Towns. I like that addition better with the Knicks more so than I like than I like Julius Randall.
Speaker 5: What's up time out the Knicks? You really put them in in that running.
Speaker 2: No, I said.
Speaker 1: I thought coming into the season with the addition of Karl Anthony Towns with Jaylen Brunce, to look at what they did last year.
Speaker 5: They're only two headed months agough.
Speaker 4: I we talk about scoring scorer that's able to actually score and put the ball on the floor and just score at will.
Speaker 5: It's only Jayleen Brumpton and in Condy.
Speaker 2: But look look at what they got.
Speaker 1: They got Alonobe, they got Michael Bridges, they got Josh Hart. Mitchell Robinson hurt, you know him going out because now you're you know, casts playing spending a lot of time at the five, and he probably he likes playing at the four. So if you had Mitchell Robinson and Cat sometimes and they got Princess Precious secure, uh.
Speaker 2: They got they got a deep team. They do.
Speaker 1: And I thought, considering they're gonna be healthy because you got a guy in Cat that can dominate. Jaylen Brunson, we know he can dominate, Bridges can give you quality points and Mixed he's Uh, they got great defense. Boji can defend, Josh Hart can defend Michael Bridges. He doesn't miss games. He can defend.
Speaker 2: So they had it all.
Speaker 1: I thought Cleveland would be there, but I didn't see fifty four and ten.
Speaker 2: Now did I think there will be a top three team? Absolutely?
Speaker 1: You probably thought Philly would be there also with Joellen b Paul George t Easpaxy. You probably thought those guys would be there, but injuries you maybe fi Mi, but Jimmy Butler, you know, he got nicked and then he was unhappy and they moved him. So right now, looking at the east its head, it's a two headed monster. It's the Cavaliers and the Celtics. It looks like the Cavs are gonna have home court, but Boston have one of the better road records in the NBA, so it's not gonna be easy. Do I believe the Cavaliers can have this kind of battle score and win. Now, somebody, one of those two guys, Garland or Mitchell is gonna probably need to be twenty five thirty and then everybody else chip in. But I don't think because with JB and JT teaming up for last night, they went for seventy and probably on average they're gonna go for anywhere between fifty and sixty on a given night. The probably need a little bit more from your big guns. But the Cavaliers look really good. And when you have a balanced team and your bench comes in, they give you thirty eight points on the road, they give you nine of the nineteen threes that you made on the road. And they got shoot. They got great outside. Wade was three or three from the three point line. Hunter did not shoot the ball particularly well last night, but he's in the running for sixth Man of the Year tied. Jerome can shoot it, Marrill can shoot it. They're gonna be a tough FOUTO Joe. They're gonna be a tough out. But the Celtics, man, they deep. They come in with that second unit and they they picked right up. It's kind of reminds you of like what the calv Nuts, excuse me, what the Warriors used to be. Remember they bring their second uniton in with Livingston and all those guys, and if it was like a three to four point lead with a time Clay and Steph and Draymond came back, it was a ten or eleven point lead, or if they were behind they came back, the game was tied. So I see a lot of this from the from the Cavaliers. Also, I like their bench. I like their up Uh, their starters are really good. Evid Molders a defender who's gotten better offensive. And you know what Jared you're gonna get from Jared Allen. You don't have to run plays for him. And he could rebound, he could score the basketball a lot of lives. You go get a lot of his points off the glass, rebounding, rolling to the Rim, but it's gonna be led by that three headed monster, Garland, Mitchell and Bodley, and if they keep playing the way they playing, I like them. I think I still believe it's gonna come down to them and the Celtics and the Eastern Conference finals.
Speaker 2: But uh, you know, it's gonna be a good matchup.
Speaker 5: It's good. That's probably what's gonna come down to.
Speaker 4: It ain't probably, That's probably what it's going to come down to, long as there are no injuries, which I doubt that's gonna happen with it not that much time, but it must not that much season left into the regular season. So listen, I'm excited. I mean, I'm excited. I'm excited for the Calves. Bro I'm excited for the Calves, especially what they've been through, especially once Lebron left and and how how far they had to come to get to this point where they are now without even without King James there.
Speaker 1: They legit have a shot. Then it just what happened. It was a situation where where Donald Mitchell wasn't happy and he has to be traded. That was the only way you gotta get a superstar. Yeah, superstar leaves you have to replace him. Yeah, but that's that's not only that's not the only answer. Not only do you have to have a superstar, but you have to have that supporting cast.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, Batman, and you ain't gonna have no success unless you got your Robin.
Speaker 1: But here's what happened. Think about it. They they Lebron leaves and that means you lose. And now you're drafting high. You're getting a Darius Garland, You're getting to Evan Mobley, you getting guys like that. You make a trade for Jared Allen. Yeah, now see now, and all of a sudden, like hey man, I kind of like it over there, Donald Mitchell said, and boom. So now you got Garland, a draft pick, you got Avin Mobley was a top five pick. You got a Jared Allen who can rebound and defend the paint. You don't have to roll plate run plays for him, and he can get your double double. And you got a bona fide super starting Donovan Mitchell, who's an All NBA, a perennial All Star. Now you got your team. Now let's build it out. Now, let's get us some depth. We make the trade for DeAndre Hunter. We get you know, we got tied Jerome and we got you moved strousontil the start off be good.
Speaker 2: I mean sometimes you have to have a little luck. You have to have a little lucky.
Speaker 1: You get lucky, you got draft compensation on Joe that you can shift some of the pizza pieces out because you gave up Colin Sexton, who is a high draft pick. You give him up, you gave him an other couple of draft picks, and you get Donovan Mitchell.
Speaker 5: I like what you just said.
Speaker 4: The keyword you just said there obviously drafting right, but also luck as well, because you already had high draft picks. You had picks that came in that were high draft picks that you had to let go, and you got the others.
Speaker 5: They were able to feel those spots and fill those voids.
Speaker 4: But the team they have now, they've and the players they've acquired all played well collectively. And I think that's the hard thing to do because you look at some of the big some of the Top three, I call them the Big three. Some of the Big three face is that we thought would be in the playoffs or playing well. I love Paul, George, Max Max. Indeed, even just those three together. Forget the injuries part. They still don't. They still haven't lived up to what we thought they would be.
Speaker 1: Well that that's because Joel and Bid I mean started the season banged up. Paul George started the season banged up, and he hasn't been able to find his rhythm. Tyree's Max is playing extremely well. He's averaging twenty five, twenty six, maybe even twenty seven points a game. So he's doing what you thought he would do and what you would hope he would do. It was you missing Joel and Bid somewhere between twenty eight and thirty two points. You missing Paul George somewhere between nineteen and twenty two points, So you factor that in. Now you're getting eighty points. Now, can we get the bitch to give us thirty five?
Speaker 2: A leeve?
Speaker 1: Man? So when in a situation like that, I mean, probably something we put the show foreseen, considering Joel and bed lift out of the lymphed out of the season, and as soon as the season was over two months later, he's going to be Olympic team. The US national men's team didn't take the rest, didn't get what we get. He didn't get fixed. Probably what he needed to get fixed. So guess what he limped into the season and guess what he's doing now, O Joe limping out of the season.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he asked a question.
Speaker 4: Yes, be honest, be honest, even if you had the injury, if you and joeln b with an opportunity to represent your country at the Olympics, knowing that it comes around every every four years, what would you have.
Speaker 1: Done if my obligations to the seventy six ers seventy six has got five years, a two hundred and forty million dollars on the table, how much you make? I get it, and I get it because the America he's from Cameroon in America has given him everything and more he could have asked for now a lot of that haster luck. He came here, just the land of opportunity. Jolan Beiid had a talent. God blessed him. He at the genetic lottery. He's something but tall, he's extremely skilled and boove. He parlayed that. But O Choe, Yes, sir, your obligation Philly, Yes, it made you gave you generational wealth. Not to the United States national men's team, not that, and the gold medal. Don't get me wrong. You're representing your country, right, But bro, you were injured, you lift out of the season right, healthy, right, and then say you know what a twenty eight boom your boy here? M hm, Noah, I know absolutely not. I need I for me, oh the most important thing. That's why a lot of times, man, when I was in a contract year, Man, I ain't trying to go to no Pro Bowl. I ain't trying to get up out there, O Joe, just right to get that. Yeah, they please, right right right, like I said, I get Look, maybe it was the Swan song.
Speaker 2: Wanted to get opportunity because Lebron is not going to be there in twenty eight. Step probably not going to be there in twenty eight.
Speaker 1: Katie saying, look, if I'm still hooping to the level and I'm able, Hey, I like to play twenty and I like to go for five gold medals, he asked, the most he has four, and but Kate says, hey, yeah, I would like to go. I would like to try to, you know, run it back on home soil. And maybe Jordan that was something joy. But for me, I'm always gonna I'm always gonna be in a situation where I look at who's paying me. That's where my obligation lies, is that who's paying me. So that's just me. At the end of the day, he did what he wanted to do. He did was in the best interest of them. And I look, they was looking at France and Winby and that was Soulet and you got Yannis and you got Yoke, So you knew probably you're gonna run in, You're gonna run into those guys, and you needed somebody to deal with Yoke. You needed somebody that to be able to, you know, to handle the bigs and for other countries. Even though he would I get all that, I honestly do, I really do. I don't want people to think I'm not empathetic and understanding. But a team invested five years at two hundred and forty million. They just gave him a three year oh shoe, they gave him a three year extension for one hundred and ninety three million dollars.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I understand.
Speaker 4: But you know, honestly, if you ask, if you ask people especially that would be in his position, is what they would do.
Speaker 2: If you ask one.
Speaker 4: Hundred people, you get a hundred different answers on That's that's why I was curious to what you would say, and I'm curious to the chat. I mean, obviously putting yourself in his shoes in his situation, with the opportunity to represent you know, obviously the USA. It's just everybody's answer would be different. But I understand you know where you're coming from.
Speaker 2: You know what I think it is.
Speaker 1: Oho is my mentality that I play football, that my money isn't guaranteed. See he did that because he knows his money is guaranteed, so it doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: It changes that everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's it's kind of like a salary worker. They take PTO. Well, if you're not a salary worker and you only get paid if you show your black ass up to work, that changes thing. Trust me, I had manual jobs that I only got paid if I showed up to work. It's a whole different ball game. If you salaried. And you know what I'm saying, A when you salary, you know in a situation where you salary, Hell, I take CTO choice time off. I'm choosing not to come in today because I will getting my check. Well, when you work at manual jobs or you work in an hourly job, right, NBA, that's guaranteed money. MLB that's guaranteed money. NHL that's guaranteed money. NFL that's not guaranteed money. So maybe that's what's clouding my judgment, O Joe. Now, don't get me wrong. I think a gold medal is very important. I mean, hey, representing your country and for maybe an event, maybe a week, maybe two weeks, we're one.
Speaker 2: It's us against them.
Speaker 1: I don't care if the if it's a if it's a European country, I don't care, if it's an African country, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: We're USA.
Speaker 1: We started this drive with the red, white and blue, and we'll get everybody else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, But.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I think it's my I think it's my you know, be in the NFL, like man, I fee the mess about buddy, right right. Mark Cuban breaks the silence on the Luca trade. Let's take a listen to his comments on the Luca trade, Ojo.
Speaker 5: When was your son upset about the trade?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean were you yeah? Of course? Yeah, yeah, of course.
Speaker 5: And I've said this before.
Speaker 6: If you're you know, if the MAVs are going to trade Luca, that's one thing.
Speaker 2: Just get a better deal.
Speaker 6: You know, no, no disrespect to Anthony Davis, but you know, get three. If I still believe if we had gotten four unprotected number ones and Anthony Davis and Max Christy, this would be a different conversation.
Speaker 2: M hm they agreed more? Yeah, I agree?
Speaker 5: But what more can you do?
Speaker 2: Uh? What you do? Oh Joe? Think about this.
Speaker 1: The Timberwolves gave up four un protected picks and pick swaps for Rudy Gobert.
Speaker 2: Would you rather have Rudy Gobert and Luka Doncic.
Speaker 5: You're right, You're right.
Speaker 4: In comparison to that, I think feel like they just wanted to get get even gone. That's why I don't understand based on what you getting on the court. How was whatever was going on off the court? That god damn that bad that bad beer hookah lazy? The way you interwack anti social What are we talking about here? You paid me to do one thing, be productive.
Speaker 2: You took me to.
Speaker 5: The to the NBA Championship last year?
Speaker 2: What's the conference finals last year? What are we talking about? Yeah? Man? Please?
Speaker 5: Right, right, baby, say right?
Speaker 1: I know what you call it by? Look do I think? Do I think? Mark Cuban is never making that trade.
Speaker 5: Oh, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Mark, Mark Cuban is never ever making that trade. He's made it abundantly clear. Uh, he had he had his replacement for Dirt. He had Dirt twenty seasons. He's gonna have Luca as long as he could happen. He wasn't get rid of me, And uh that's what Apple thought, Joe. When you sell your company and you keep the minority year where they do things, they don't need your input.
Speaker 2: Now, would you would you trade? Would you trade Luca? Baby? Yeah?
Speaker 1: He said, Yeah, I gotta get him up out of there. The Lakers, Maverick Spurs, and he are expected to pursue Kevin Durant in the off season. Oh, Joe, where do you want to see Kevin Durant Land?
Speaker 5: Wait, say those teams again?
Speaker 2: Lakers, Mavericks, Spurs, Heat. You know what Katie is on.
Speaker 5: I don't want to say backing in his career here because he mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: Did that mean Jordan m h from the field. I'm not sure. Can you hear me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You you you fainded in and out? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I think me personally and d R Yeah, if you look at Oho, Uh, the heat, I don't think. I don't think Kevin, they had a chance to go to the heat many years ago, he didn't go. Hearing the stories about taking cookies from Lebron, hearing stories about how he treated Jimmy, Kevin Durant don't strike me as a guy that want to be in that situation. So now the Spurs, I think it's a two horse race. I think it's the MAVs and the Lakers. And the question is what does the MAVs have to give up. They got that first round pick, they probably got their own first round pick. I'm trying to think about the other players because obviously you pair Kyrie, a D and kd oh you got something. You got, you got the potential to have something special. You got all three guys that can score. You got a D can protect the back end. You probably need another, probably another perimeter defender, because that's the problem that the Sons have. That's the that's the problem that the Brooklyn had. They had guys that can score, but who could stop somebody from score. Phoenix, they got guys that can score, who can stop somebody from score.
Speaker 5: So you don't like him to the Lakers in.
Speaker 2: I like you to the Lakers. I just don't know what. I don't know if the Lakers have.
Speaker 1: Enough to satisfy the Sun considering what the Sons gave up to get him. They gave up their young nucleus to get him, so now they're gonna want those four first round picks unprotected pigs back. I don't know, I don't know. I don't know. Uh h, Jordan, uh, I just don't. I just I don't see the heat because, like I said, he had an opportunity to go to the heat a long time ago and it didn't go. And I'm sure the stories that's coming out of my past that's what Pact did. You don't understand, bro, people you people not gonna let you just man. First of all, they weren't your damn cookie. But I wish, I wish coach ym take something from me that I brought and talk about what.
Speaker 2: Please, I'm gone don't.
Speaker 1: First of all, I don't know how they do it at most people job, but you know how we do. But you don't play with nobody for not nobody that look like us. Boy, I don't know where your I don't know where your hand's being and you ain't by a damn thing in that bag.
Speaker 5: What take somebody when they're kind of black folk.
Speaker 4: There's three things you don't play with black fold family, money in their kids, money, and their food.
Speaker 5: Actually their food. I mean I mean to say food, y'all.
Speaker 1: I don't play it by that, O Joe, don't don't do don't do that. Don't do that. M m nah man, don't do that. So, But like I said, I think it's the Lakers and the Mavericks. But at the end of the day, he wants obviously he wants to go to a contentite. Obviously the Lakers with Luka and Lebron the contenders. The MAVs if they get a D.
Speaker 2: Comes back here. Think Kyrie.
Speaker 1: Kyrie probably not come back to the beginning of the year twenty six, but we'll see how that goes. Spurs, you got Wemby, Uh, you got d Fox, Darren Fox, you got Stefan Castle, Uh, you got Vassal, you got Caldon Johnson. I mean, you got a nice, nice little cover there. But I don't see Kevin Durret. I don't see kd Ian. I don't see him in San Antonio, O Joe, I don't. So with that being said, Mavericks. I like the Mavericks. I like the Lakers, but hey, at the end of the day, sons got to get the best package they can. They ain't they ain't fit to do no Luca. But the Lakers. The Lakers played extremely well.
Speaker 2: They played.
Speaker 1: They got off to a great start, then they had that lull in the second they had a little lulland third they got it close.
Speaker 2: Brunson had it going. And the thing is what makes him.
Speaker 1: He got that herky jerky style, and he's left handed and he's he's crafted that James Harden how to make you file him, make it look like you file him even if you didn't file him, because he'll flail his body.
Speaker 2: But he's tremendous getting to the basket. And he got that hands.
Speaker 1: He he got the step back, and so you got to honor that because you can shoot the three. He got the mid range, He can put the ball on the floor, get all the way to the rim. Even though he doesn't play above the rim, he can get to the rim and he can get you to file in. So he played really well. Cat struggle today. Cat did not have a good game. He rebounded the ball, but he didn't score well, og took up a lot of the slack for him. Og Ananova had had a really good game, especially shooting the three. Now he missed some late that he wished he had had, like could have saved some of those that he made earlier and saved eat for later. But it doesn't really work like that. But I think you really have to be impressed with the Lakers who saw this. Nobody saw this trade. It's the biggest trade in NBA history. No player Luka Donci's age has ever been traded that didn't want to be traded. Kareem wanted to leave, shot left on his own volition. You don't trade twenty five year old five times All NBA selections a team that he just led his team to the finals. He was in there, He was in the Western Conference finals just two years prior to that. Those guys don't get moved without them wanting to get moved. That would have been the equivalent you're trading a bird, You're trading a magic You're trading a Michael Jordan, because that's what Luke is. And then now he didn't have the championship, like like a bird in Magic had. Jordan didn't win until later in his career, Like, I think you're seven of what he went ninety one, so he came into eighty five. So seventy years seven year eight, Bird and Magic got him started right away.
Speaker 2: Magic won his rookie year, Bird won his second year.
Speaker 1: But you're talking about a guy that was a five time All NBA selection, a Rookie of the Year, of finished a couple of times in the top three in MVP votes, and that guy got moved.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a story.
Speaker 1: If Patrick Mahomes or Joe Burrow got moved, you don't think we're gonna talk about that. O. Joe Lamar Jackson gets moved, you don't think we're gonna talk about that.
Speaker 2: So Joe.
Speaker 4: Now you can get a better understanding and better context for those that are Dallas fans and why they on, why they so, why they're so pissed off at Nigo Havers. Not only that the trade happened, and you know those that you have in place, you trade for a d.
Speaker 5: You still got kypri Ervan is still a box office.
Speaker 4: So you're hoping, you know, ad can come in and kind of offset and counter you know, the trade by being productive and doing some of the things that Luke was doing. Obviously, maybe not to that extent because they're completely two different type of players in general. But he gets hurt. Yes, now Kyrie goes out. Well, hell, now everything's really basically down to dreams. So now you've done the trade and.
Speaker 5: You see what Luca's doing, How do you think you're feeling. How do you think they're feeling over there?
Speaker 1: Oh, that's terrible. I mean, it couldn't just all you remember we said we couldn't. It couldn't get any worse. Remember we talked about that the other night. That was before Kyrie. We know the extent of Kyrie. We saw him go out and we're like, well, damn, they make this trade. Everybody's upset. The guy the trade for him, he's playing great in twenty seven twenty eight minutes, he's got twenty six and thirteen, so he's unbelievable. He gets hurt. The guy that's supposed to keep them afloat until eighty returns. He gets hurt. And it's more serious than they previously thought because now he's gone for the season and he might not be back until after the new year in twenty six. So now you look at that and the Dallas fans are looking like, hold on, wait, aup minute, you traded.
Speaker 2: For a guy.
Speaker 1: Last year was really the only year that he's really I mean, this year is really the only year that he's been hurt. O Joe, y'all make it seem like the man been like been on Zion Williams schedule. He has not been on Zion Williamson's schedule. He hasn't missed two hundred games. He had missed three hundred games. Yes, he missed games this year, but I mean, I mean, just imagine Michael Jordan broke his foot in year two and the Bulls like, you know what, we're gonna trade you. That's what the Nicks. That's exactly what the MAVs fans are saying. What you're saying, that's.
Speaker 2: Exactly right, right, exactly what their faces crazy. That's crazy.
Speaker 4: I mean just when you think about it, when you think about it, oh, beer and hookah, Oh we feel you're lazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they call the man who could daunch it hohokuld luka.
Speaker 5: Are you seeing Are you seeing what I'm seeing?
Speaker 1: To night?
Speaker 2: You sawing us this buzz for you? Yeah, he's a look, bro, what are we talking about?
Speaker 1: He could score it all three Oh Joe, you watched him to night, he can score it all three levels.
Speaker 2: He he he.
Speaker 1: The difficult shots look routine. I mean he is as battish shot taker maker as we have. There are very few guys that can take like off balanced shots falling out of bounds off one leg and you like for most for most players, that's a bad shot. There's no bad shot for Luca, there's no bad shot for stuff because they make those shots look routine. And now he has somebody that he doesn't always have to facilitate because he can hand the ball off to Lebron, and Lebron can run the offense and go get his shot. Or if both of those guys get tired, they can pass the ball off to Austin Reeves. He can go facilitate, get everybody else involved, create his own shot. So they have three guys and they playing really good defense. They're doing a great job of swarming. They got really good perimeter players and Vanderbilt and Dorian Phinneys Smith gave. Vinson is a good on ball defender. He's a little undersized, but he's scrappy. But they got guys and don't connect knocking down shots. He's coming back. He's like, hey, it is what it is. Yeah, they wanted to move on. I felt some type of way, But now I'm back. Let me go ahead and make the boats and let them know I can be a valuable piece to this train and what we're trying to accomplish. So give JJ Riddick a ton of crack because I know a lot of people. Hey, I was one of those people like, damn, I know you could talk the game, but can.
Speaker 2: You coach it? Yeah? Yeah, and you need I mean you play, I mean.
Speaker 5: You never knew it coaches either, even though you play the game, that mean you can coach it. Even though you can write it, you can coach it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: Being able to get the players to obviously resonate with you and buy it is completely different.
Speaker 5: Than the latter. And he's done well.
Speaker 4: And matter of fact, if they were losing, Listen Lake were losing, if things were shaky, what's the first thing we're gonna say, blame him? And I can't what's coach? His name from from Yukon that didn't want to come? Yeah it was mister Yeah, yeah, Hurley Dan taking the job. You know he should that he's giving us a shot, giving us a chance. I don't even think he actually wanted to come. I think he was just using that for leverage, just to get him a contract after UK. But anyway, listen, Lakers playing really well.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm I'm excited for him. They still need a big. They still need a big. If you wanted to Jenny Buss and then mister Plink got really serious about being in contention, especially going into next year, they got to give him a big. It's no different than Jerry getting number two receiver. If you're really serious, kitsch your number two receiver.
Speaker 2: Man, stop playing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Chad, y'all need to stop tripping. Because if coaching didn't matter, why didn't Shack it? Why didn't Shack and Kobe win before Phil Jackson? If coach it doesn't matter. If coaching doesn't matter, what about Steph and Clay and Dremond? Darvin Ham had a d and Lebron Frank Vogel won with him. He didn't win no championship. So I'm trying to figure it. I mean, coach, you know it doesn't matter. Look, I can understand you might not like somebody, and maybe you think Darvinham got a fair trade, but man a raw deal. But if y'all don't think coaching matter, you're high. It absolutely matters. That's why they have coaches. If it didn't matter, then you send the team out there a You could save yourself somewhere between five and twenty.
Speaker 2: Million dollars if you don't need a coach. Man stop that.
Speaker 1: Give people. Give people the credit that they deserve. JJ Reddick, you might not lie, but give him credit. He's doing an unbelievable job with basically the same team. The number two seed in Lakers without Lebron James lose to the twenty two Nets. LA drops to forty and twenty three. Are now the third seed in the West. This is especially cost Lee lost considering their upcoming schedule is three back to backs in eight days. They're a half game behind the Denver Nuggets for two and a half game, had a Memphis for four. LA is in Milwaukee on Thursday. JJ said there's a low level communication game for the Lakers. He said that being shorthanded isn't an excuse. We just don't take We just don't. We just wanted to take shortcuts, just shortcuts. You want to be a good team, in the NBA, you want to win, you have to do the hard stuff.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 4: I mean Jay Jackson, mean when James says you have to do the hard stuff, what exactly is the hard stuff he's speaking of?
Speaker 5: Because when Lebron being.
Speaker 1: Out, everything you gotta rebound, you've got to box out, you got to get loose ball, you got to make the extra pass. You can't take a shortcut like, oh, this seems to be easy turning the ball Caro over.
Speaker 5: Okay, I understand, I understand that.
Speaker 4: But they've been playing well all season long, and well obviously when Luca got there, all of a sudden, Lebron is out.
Speaker 5: Now everything is magnified and they taking shortcuts.
Speaker 4: Well, they weren't just taking shortcuts two nights ago, or three nights ago or four nights ago before when it was winning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look, Luca did not shoot the ball well in eight of twenty six, three of ten, five turnovers. Austin Reeves didn't shoot the ball well three or fourteen, Alex linn he got great cardio in thirteen minutes, zero points. He would just saying he would do he he was just getting this cardio in. So you know, guys, normally after the game didn't a lot. They normally get on the bike to get their leg, get some cardio in Alex len God he is in. He just happen to play thirteen minutes and the ain't give you nothing new station. I mean, so now see what you just said right now.
Speaker 4: You you rattled all four players right that didn't that didn't play well, didn't shoot well.
Speaker 5: But JJ said it's about cutting corner is a hard work.
Speaker 4: How about you just I mean, as clear as they would really happen, it's clear as they But I'm assuming as a coach you really can't say that.
Speaker 5: You can't be.
Speaker 2: Honest sometimes, o Jo.
Speaker 1: Sometimes even when you're not playing well, you can overcome not playing well by playing hard.
Speaker 2: That's what he's saying.
Speaker 5: That's that's that's the good one.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 4: I like that, But I don't think without them having Lebron and Luca playing is out of okay, not not playing up the par there's even if you even if you did play hard and did and didn't take any shortcuts, you wasn't winning that game tonight because it's not enough.
Speaker 5: It's not enough people to have production.
Speaker 2: They had they had a twelve point lead, OJO.
Speaker 5: And what happened to the twelve point lead on.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: What happened was you kept filling, you kept putting the ass on the free throw line. They shot thirty free throws, you shot nineteen. You put you on the road, and you let a team I shoot you by eleven, You're probably gonna lose. M. I mean they shot the I mean the Lakers were I mean they shot better from the floor, they shot better from the three, they shot better from the free throw line. It was closely rebound I mean, no, they gave up sixteen offensive rebounds.
Speaker 2: On YO as well as you see.
Speaker 1: That's the hard stuff box out. You think the ball just go bounce to you. No, this was a game that they really needed to win Oho, because think about it, they got Milwaukee, they still got the Nuggets.
Speaker 2: They got the Nuggets twice. Said, and you're gonna space these teams without broy.
Speaker 5: Dropped you say they dropped third. They went from second to thirty.
Speaker 1: These and third their third, their half game back of second, their half game in front of Memphis for fun. Yeah, and you're gonna be without Lebron you basically, so I'm gonna err on the side of caution they say he's gonna be out a week. I'm gonna keephim by two weeks because I don't want him to reinjure it.
Speaker 2: We're about five weeks away from the postseason.
Speaker 1: The last thing I want is Lebron living into the postseason because I know we got no chance.
Speaker 2: But you just gotta do all the thing.
Speaker 1: You gotta do the small stuff right, especially when you down one of your best players. I mean, like I said, I said this at the time of the signing. I don't know why you signed alex Linn. Y'all should be y'all should have say Sacramento, we're gonna keep chipping a couple of dollars because we don't want him to come here.
Speaker 2: That's messed up moment, which Rob.
Speaker 1: When has anybody said, you know what, alex Linn might be the missing piece.
Speaker 2: He might be a good role player, he might be a good backup.
Speaker 5: I mean here in the NBA for a reason, now Here in the NBA.
Speaker 4: Hey look like you said all the time, he tall sometimes listen sometimes mess all to take now, if we if we getting me, if we if we can get him to play play what like like sight like the drums.
Speaker 5: Come on now you just out there waiting a roster spot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I look like Tarzan, play like Jane.
Speaker 5: No disrespect to young boy.
Speaker 1: Uh, I'm brother. I'm just saying, gave Vincent. Gave it to you tonight. He's starting to shoot the ball really well. Ate of twelve from the floor, six or nine from the three, two or two from the free throw line. He led the Lakers and scoring with twenty four. Luca played forty one minutes. Uh, he scored twenty two, but he took twenty six shots. Nah, you could never have fewer points been shot attempts. That's not good. Austin Reeves only had three more points that they had shot attempts.
Speaker 2: That's not good.
Speaker 1: Dgon Connect had one more point point than shot attemps. That's not good.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm mm hmm.
Speaker 1: And like, and I said this again in all sincerity, It's hard for me to see a scenario that Alex Lynn is better than Dwight Howard, even at the age of thirty eight to thirty nine.
Speaker 2: I just don't see it.
Speaker 4: United They not bringing anyone older the game. The game, the game itself is a young man's game. So even though Dwight House is big, that I'm sure they could use They just rather not do it. And I think I think there might have been some some riff if I'm not, if I'm not mistaken seeing it earlier. You know, with with with Dwight Howard had an exchange of words with with.
Speaker 5: With somebody but when he was on the Lakers, which is why he's not there now.
Speaker 2: But he ain't no exchange, no words. I got to change your word. You want to go?
Speaker 1: You want to go, You want to go, and to go farther than the first round of the playoffs. That's the word, not the word, but words further than the first round.
Speaker 5: If the Lakers really knew what they needed, you know who, you know who they really could have.
Speaker 2: Bought in What to me?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: You holding the ball like youre a nineteen fifties basketball player, man putting that ball out for your He.
Speaker 5: Don't don't worry about how I'm holding this ball. It is about where the ball gonna go once I get to the hoop.
Speaker 2: This is nowhere. Hey good, he ain't going to the basket. But when I was in high.
Speaker 5: School, I I averaged a triple double. Man, that's not That's what we're not gonna.
Speaker 4: Do average triple A triple double, A triple triple double.
Speaker 2: To talk about man, they say you had, they say you had quad double.
Speaker 4: Six a class six A Miami b S High. I averaged forty two points a night. To talk about man. Life used to be out there man like like a quadruple See like a mixture of Jamal Burray four points, four rebounds, two assists, six foind. Yeah, I was a mixture of Jamal Murray and Kyrie r. And that's what my package looked like. Yeah, I gotta, Yeah, I gotta. I got a package. Now ask about me, Ask about me? A mix of x lax and Feena min you were.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you, I'm telling you what I was built different.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: You thought I was born in New York.
Speaker 5: The kind of handles I had, Yeah, that's that's what need to tell me.
Speaker 2: Boy, what you you from? You shoot you from?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: I said, yeah, but he played that when of them boys off a rook of park, I said, na, like, I just I.
Speaker 1: Just ain't nobody to say that. Oh Joe, you did I play basketball in high school?
Speaker 4: I played soccer. I'm saying I'm talk about that. Listen to me, my folk, My focal point was soccer. But I'm just saying that's how good I was an athletic. I was where I could translate, you know. I iced to skip skip class and go to people pee class and play basketball.
Speaker 2: Oh, y'all, you can't play basketball.
Speaker 5: Listen, man, it's one thing about me. I lie for you before I lie to y'all.
Speaker 1: You're just lying now, I take. I mean, you ain't really talking to nobody in particular. You just p my Craer, what MC and jeeves. That's the only craft. That's all the craft. I know anything about that, You would know about all that other stuff you talk about holding hing that.
Speaker 2: What you're talking about
Speaker 1: The