Speaker 1: How from Danny?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 3: Hello, is this this is Danny?
Speaker 2: Do you know bro?
Speaker 3: Have we ever spoken before?
Speaker 2: Negative?
Speaker 3: What's you seem like? A You seem like a quirky little guy. What's up?
Speaker 1: Man? Oh?
Speaker 2: That's totally meaning I'm always alive with the party.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you seem like you came armed with some ship hit me perfect. All right.
Speaker 2: So here's my little dilemmo. So I've been a single for her about what three years now within a seven year relationship. Pretty much got cheated out of that one how to ediblest company whatever sold out? Besides the point right now, I work for a medical practice and that's just one of the co workers. She is very, very beautiful, right like top to bottom, very very nice girl, going to a nursing school and everything on that story right now.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Anyways, me and her really click it off. But I have this thing where don't shit where you eat. Kind of did that in my job in in Las Vegas and that kind of went hell to the left. Anyways, So my dilemma right now is she's kind of like my work wife and I'm like her work husband type of situation. She's in a relationship, her parents come to the office every so often, very hispanic. Everybody's like kind of knows each other, et cetera, and so forth. Well, her parents desfides her current boyfriend. Her mom just loves me from every time that she comes to the office. But my ex, that's kind of how me and her got together for those seven years. She was kind of like in a bad relationship, and I just kind of gave her the ultimatum, was like, hey, you kind of see how I'm treating you. You kind of do appreciate that. So it's like, pick either him or me. She obviously decided to pick me. We were together for seven years. But yeah, that's kind of like I have like PTSD of like doing that all over again. So kind of need your input on that.
Speaker 3: When you what do you mean by you have PTSD from doing that? Was that? Was that that experience?
Speaker 2: Sorry? What was that meant?
Speaker 3: Go ahead? Where do you say?
Speaker 2: Can you repeat your question?
Speaker 3: Uh? You said you had PTSD, and I'm like a horrible experience for you.
Speaker 2: Not not really PTSD. I'm just kind of like scared of doing the same thing as I did with my ex, of like getting with somebody while they're with somebody else and then like you know, expecting you know, sunshines and rainbows and ship when right.
Speaker 3: People, So you have you there's there's multiple points of contention in in in this this potential whatever you want to call it, this this potential h pursuit, I mean being unfortunately, Uh and it's well, it's funny like it's nice that this girl's mom likes you, but unfortunately she can't swap her daughter's boyfriends on her behalf.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, of course, totally understand what you're saying. But yeah, it's just yeah.
Speaker 3: Are you are you? Are you like in are you madly in love with this girl or you just think she's very pretty?
Speaker 2: No, but I can definitely see myself having a future with this person, Like I can definitely see myself growing old and having like a family. Kept the situation with her.
Speaker 3: You said, you said, no, I don't love this person, but I can see myself growing old and starting a family with them. Yeah, well, you know, how I can I ask you a question? Can ask you a question? I can I ask you a question?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: How many? How many girls a day? Are you imagining that you're going to grow old and have a family with Are you on the subway starting families with everyone.
Speaker 2: You see, I've only been in one serious relationship. I'm thirty two years old. And like, as far as like women I'm.
Speaker 3: Talking about, I'm just talking about as you go through your day and oh, you know look at typles.
Speaker 2: No, just pretty much as far as like relationship whise, She's probably the only person that has come into my head about those type of things.
Speaker 3: But yet you you've what does what does work wife mean? What does that even really mean?
Speaker 2: Uh, You're gonna have to help me on like explain that and to like what are you trying to refer to.
Speaker 3: You're the one that brought it up, man, when you say she's your work wife, Like, how would you describe that relationship?
Speaker 2: When I've explained it to like my other friends, that's kind of like what they refer to? What the hell that means? Not really too share?
Speaker 3: You are you saying saying there's like there's flirting, Like have you like, have you ever who is this person to you? Have you gone on like a date with her or you?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, nothing, nothing of that sort. I just me and her, we only I don't talk to most of the other coworkers. Just me and her. We have that kind of you know, connection, You could kind.
Speaker 1: Of say, I, I guess what I'm trying to say is should I make a move knowing that she has a boyfriend and me having these feelings that I have towards her in.
Speaker 3: A Yeah, here, here's here's here's what I'll tell you. And look, I understand that you have this, uh, this, this passionate attraction to this person, and that passionate action is a blinding force to logic. It's a blinding force to logic, and you're gonna do what you're gonna do. But I understand that you are being blinded by this attraction to the facts in front of you that spell out that this is a is going to bring you a lot of potentially potentially, I don't know. Life's weird and crazy and I don't know ship about any anything, but it has the potential to bring you, you know, pain and sadness and frustration.
Speaker 2: Pretty much more bad than good. And yeah, it's kind of like the see the song that kind of plays in my head, it's the J Cole song. It's like fool me once, shame on you for me twice, the shame on me. You know. The situation so it's kind of like, I don't have many friends, so hence why I'm asking for your advice.
Speaker 3: Well there, Well that's another fucking thing, man, is if you don't have any friend that's if, like, if you don't have any friends, dude, it's just it's it sounds like and forgive me if I'm making an assumption here, because I don't like to do that, but if if you, if you don't have a lot of friends in your life as a whole is not where you want it to be. And you're kind of looking at this, this passion that you have for this person as like, oh, I'm gonna I'm gonna you know, this woman is going to fix my entire life. She's gonna make me not feel sad and alone anymore, and it's going to be an easy lane to everlasting, eternal happiness. It's like you wish that that were true, but it never is, And so I would. I would if I were you, And I don't know if you'll do this because you're you're, like we talked about, blinded by you know, these these other forces. If I were you, I would I would take a step back and go, well, what else needs to receive some of my attention right now in my life.
Speaker 2: Definitely, bro, totally totally agree with you on that fact. That's why I really haven't. I mean, I've been in the office for almost a year. That's really why I haven't done any move.
Speaker 3: Go to a go play a forget, Go play a fucking pinball game, go like do it? Do do literally anything else? You know?
Speaker 2: Oh no, dude, I've just been making basically just playing video games on my spare time whenever I have to.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I don't know, I guess maybe something that do you really have? Do you really have no friends?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, I really I I literally had.
Speaker 3: This give zero.
Speaker 2: Literal people, like literal zero. Like if I were to show you my calllogue right now, it's probably just my parents that I talked to and I live, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Okay, I understand that you like this girl, but Ash's boyfriends and that's not that's just a recipe for disaster.
Speaker 2: Yeahah, I don't want to be so and uh.
Speaker 3: You know, b you I think before you start trying to, you know, get get wiped up. You know, you gotta you gotta, you gotta make some friends.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: I I appreciate the imp.
Speaker 3: Oh, look, you seem like a nice You don't seem like I just if I could give you a compliment, and this is one of my highest compliments. You don't seem like a sociopath. Man. I think I think if you put yourself out there, you could make some homies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what all my patients tell me, that I'm a genuine good human being. I guess you could say that's what they say.
Speaker 3: I'm very ugr real quick patients. What are you?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm a medical assistant.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, continue, what are you going to say?
Speaker 2: But no, Yeah, like how you said, the way that I just come off, that's who I normally am. I don't have any issues socializing. It's just more of the way that I've been fucked over in the past. It's just some things that I guess I still have yet to get over that little speed bump. So I know when I get over there, I'll be okay. But it's just I guess it's the factor of being alone for in a sense of relationship for the past three years and then seeing somebody who you could kind of see yourself with is kind of like those ideas just kind of keep circling in your head and not having friends, you kind of like make this ideolic fantasy of what possibly could be, and you meet people like yourself to just fucking put you in the right fucking headspace. You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we all know we all fall victims to those We all fall victim to those fantasies. Yeah, and they're blind, they're blinding fantasy. I fallen victim to to, you know, blinding fantasies myself and I, you know, whether whether the decisions yeah, yeah, go for it.
Speaker 2: With hinder and basically the whole Internet and technology being taken the the face of socializing as far as like physically, what's like, what's your recommendation or like, well, I know you do stand up and stuff like that, but like someone like myself.
Speaker 3: Like you know, to make friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Brother, It's it's very It's like I might tell you, it's funny that we're having this.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I I'm feeling myself tonight, so I'm talking like I'm in expert, But I, buddy, I got no goddamn idea. I was thinking that myself. I'm not my studio apartment, going like, how do I make fucking friends? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Trust me, I guess it's also where you live, because when I live by myself in Vegas, it wasn't that much. I guess it's you know, people out there more social. I guess that was where I am. Now I feel more entrapped being Miami and just not feeling it down here. But uh, but yeah, that's that's. Yeah, that's my situation.
Speaker 3: And I ask when you say, I'll just when you bring up the internet, And yeah, there's a lot of like back and forth discourse on this kind of thing, but when you bring up the internet, you can I kind of think it's a choice between if you want to be optimistic about it or pessimistic about it. Because if you could be pessimistic about it, and you can go like, well, everyone's you know, on discord for you know, twenty hours a day and there's no reason to ever leave your house, and so that that's you know, it's a it's a plight to socialization. Or you could be an optimist about it and you can go, oh, there's meetup dot com, there's Facebook tubes, there's ways to start events and spread awareness about the event, like there's so many ways that social media actually can you know, bring people together. So it's I think it's kind.
Speaker 2: Of it's just I suck at elaborating and expressing myself typing. I'm better speaking it, so it's easier for me to be in front of somebody and talking. I come from Cuba, so English is not my first language. So it's hard to me. Like some humor and stuff like that that people type, I don't get it. So but sometimes when I'm in front of them, they're explaining IM, I get the emotion behind it.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that makes me me When did you When did you move to America ninety eight?
Speaker 2: I was born in ninety one.
Speaker 3: I came at the age of Oh, okay, I see been here for a long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I've been here for a long time. But as far as like you know, growing up and like you know, the typical like American humor, learn stuff like that, it's hard for me to kind of like relate one another.
Speaker 5: Sometimes.
Speaker 3: The point wait real quick before before we what's like an what's an example of a like joke that somebody told you that you didn't get that you later had to explain to you.
Speaker 2: Like dad jokes, dad jokes items that are not available in Cuba orself or that whatever it may be, making you know, whether it maybe like a specific type of food or something like that. Not knowing what that thing might be and then trying to comprehend what the joke is about with something that you don't know, it becomes challenging at times.
Speaker 3: What city do you live in, Mammy, You live in Miami. Yeah, it is a strong Cuban population in Miami. Right, there's what's the name of that. What is a little Havana?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Littlevana.
Speaker 3: Dude, I had some sick Cuban food in Little Havana.
Speaker 2: Oh, dude, bro Versailles. It is probably one of the best, i mean, rage of one of the best spots down here.
Speaker 3: But anyway, look, I just I'll just say this if I can, if I can say anything practical. You live in a major, major, major United States city. I don't know what your schedule is like outside of uh curing people who have aids. But go go do some stuff.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: There's like there's I bet there's a billion I bet there's art galleries, there's meetups, there's I mean, I don't know if you're you're probably assume you're not a clubbing guy. I know Miami is big for that. But go just go get the fuck out of the house, go do stuff, you know, and and stop fantasizing about this late.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really do. Yeah, I even have like all these things I used to do photography, have like a personal trainer that's a degree. And yeah, I just got to get the fuck out and socialize myself more.
Speaker 3: What's your name again, Danny? Danny? Danny? Was good talking to you. I'm rooting for you. I think, once again, you seem sane and that means a lot in this world.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that, bro, You know, I I tell myself that everything's going to be okay and that eventually somebody that will find my craziness dash you know, sanity appreciable and yeah, but besides that, man, I really do appreciate just giving me your input in saying, how don't have anybody else telling you kind of of course?
Speaker 3: You know, when I'm when I'm blinded by my own fantasies, I'll call you and you can smack me across the face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, No, I'll tell you straight. I'll let you know when the green is just not green enough in the face. Are you know? I'll let you know how it is.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 3: Thanks man, chat you all have a great one of them. You two take care. I don't know why I said that. That guy cures aids. Maybe he does. I don't know. I don't know his life. Oh okay, held on this person. I need to call immediately.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 3: Hey, what's that?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 3: You texted me and you said I want to talk about how I've been eating Reeses every day for twelve years?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I mean it's the good stuff.
Speaker 3: Is that true? Is that true? Please? Please don't tell me you're lying to me.
Speaker 4: No, I would not lie about this.
Speaker 5: You could ask anybody who knows me. It's it's kind of my thing.
Speaker 3: Are you eating? Are you eating just the cups or are you eating a morad of different Reeses products?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: I I eat.
Speaker 5: I'm pretty particular and I taste as specifically. The seasonal ones are my favorite ones.
Speaker 3: And oh my god, the pumpkins, the trees, what else? The easter eggs?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, all the.
Speaker 3: Imagine that would probably be delicious. I would eat it. Candleball, candle Oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, we'd be in trouble we'd be going in such.
Speaker 3: Such So it's the seasonal one. So are you eating variations? Are you eating the fast break, the nut rageous, the outrageous?
Speaker 5: Yeah? No, I mean I'll mess around with those, you know, when there's no other options, But ultimately I'm just always going for the seasonal ones. But you know, during those long stretches between holidays and then they get out stock and stores. But then I recently found out I can buy it online. People are stock buying it there, and so I just order some and it comes right to my door.
Speaker 3: Holy fuck, you can order Pumpkins's cups any time of.
Speaker 5: Year, anytime you want. Dude, have you.
Speaker 3: Had the ones? Have you had the ones where the chocolate is orange?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: No, I actually I haven't cried those long yet.
Speaker 3: I think I want to say that they do that for kit Kat and for Reeses. They make a version of it where the chocolate is orange. It might be it might be like a white chocolate. I don't know if it tastes orange necessarily a.
Speaker 5: Cosmetic thing, I'd give it a dry that's for sure.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: So what's your routine like? Is there a time of day you typically eat the reses. What how does how do you do this? Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I'm a I'm a creature of routine for sure. Yeah. So you know, in the work days, I kind of go through my day. I try not to bring the reeses to work because that's dangerous. I can't control myself, right, So I need that time to, like, you know, kind of kind of a reset my tolerance, if you will. And then I get home and then boom, crack one open right away and enjoy it. And then uh, and then I'll you know, have dinner, and then you know, I have another post dinner races and then uh and then nighttime comes and I'm in bed and I'm down in another too easy king size of course.
Speaker 3: So how many cups per day is that? You know?
Speaker 5: And then other week id of eating more. I mean on average, I'll have probably four day during the week and then on the weekend sometimes like five or six.
Speaker 3: What do you look like, six.
Speaker 5: Foot one eighty relatively slender.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: People don't understand it, but I probably consume like a thousand calories and rases a day sometimes. But I also like plan out my diet, so you know, I don't drink any liquids, I have sugar and sugar in them, so I'm like, I'm going saving it for the best. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Do you drink alcohol?
Speaker 5: No, I don't drink alcohol.
Speaker 3: What do you eat when you're not eating reses? What's the rest of your diet look like?
Speaker 5: Oh? Man, I mean it's not great. I would say it's like the average that you know, take out here and there and then cooking. I tried to cook three times a week. I have a decent breakfast, eat a banana every day. That's also my thing. I just love peanut butter generally, so you have banana and peanut butter almost every day as well.
Speaker 3: In the warnings, do you think this will have any kind of long term impact on your health?
Speaker 5: I don't know. I think it'll be negligible. Honestly, I don't think they're that bad of a candy. I think people who are you drinking mountain dews and stuff every day? I'll be right in line with them. You know, It's not like I'm if you look at it like the sugar and calories and the one mountain dew is like you know, two or three greases? Meybe not calories wise, but you know the young cuts in toda.
Speaker 3: Have you ever spoken to a doctor about this?
Speaker 5: Ah, you know what, I actually haven't. I would be really interested to see what he said.
Speaker 3: You know, it's funny. I'm actually looking I'm actually looking it up right now and all right, here are the nutritional facts of a king size raes, which would be four cups. Wait a minute, these are the these are these aren't They're not really you're not eating like the miniature cups right, these are full cups.
Speaker 5: No end of the seasonal one, so like I mean, technically like the king size seasonal ones, they're just bigger breases, so you only get two in the king size. But I guess there's probably to the regular cups.
Speaker 3: You know what, There's four hundred calories, there's forty four grams of carbs, thirty nine grams of sugar. So it's like you, this is basically the same thing as I think. I don't know, I'm I'm I'm clearly not a nutritionist of any kind. What it just like if you drink a like, drink a bottle of coke every day? Pretty much?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You know, maybe a little worse.
Speaker 5: Very very maybe a little worse, but you know, at least it's you know, it's given me. It's given me energy. You know, there's there's a little bit of protein in there.
Speaker 3: Where do you buy these reeses at?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 5: Anywhere? I look around for the sales, So like the best thing to do is like right after Halloween or whatever, where all the stores put their the reeses on clearance and then I just go and I clean them out, and yeah, anywhere I get my hands on them, though, But yeah, if you don't look for the sales, I mean, it starts getting pretty pricey. So I try.
Speaker 3: And yeah, what are the other what are the other people in your life think about this?
Speaker 5: They think it's a little ridiculous, but I mean they all got their Starbucks or their fast food, you know, if they're you know, i'd probably say most people are have something comparable, you know, or they're smoking cigarettes every day.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't really myself don't believe it's that crazy. It's just something I love so much. And I think ever since I was an adult, and like I said, I'm not joking. I'm thirty one now, and ever since I was nineteen eighteen. Since I've got my own plate and got my own pay check, I was just getting them every day because it's like, it's just what I enjoy. It's not like something I purposely set out to do. But then after a while, it's kind of like, well, let's just keep this thing going.
Speaker 3: You're like the kid who had this fantasy that he would eat ice cream for dinner every single day, and you're living that fantasy.
Speaker 5: You're absolutely right, And that's the beautiful thing about being an adult. You just get to do that stuff. Wow, well I wanted to do. There's two more things that I just want to bring up about this. One my record. You didn't ask my record of like in one sitting, and if you're curious, it's seventeen. That's kind of like my limit I found. That's when they come back up and a.
Speaker 3: Snowboyno, when they come back up, do you make it eighteen nineteen twenty, the puked up reeses?
Speaker 5: No, No, I don't do that. I'm not that crazy. And then also I'm also really particular, like a lot of people like their reeses frozen, you know, which is it's is fine, it's decent, but like I'll even I prefer my room tempter, like right before it gets to that melting points. Right, So sometimes I'll like, I don't know, take my reces in with me in the package still, like while I go and take a shower, and then they get a little bit more warmed up, and then as soon as they hit the mouth, you know, they're just melting away.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw the set once that was pretty funny. That said something like, there's something extremely sexy about taking the mini skirt off the Reese's miniature.
Speaker 5: That's great, that's great when going if you be feeling a little guilty now when I'm taking undressing it.
Speaker 3: Now seventeen in one sitting.
Speaker 5: You said, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: And you threw it. You threw them up after.
Speaker 5: The words yeah no it didn't. Yeah it didn't end. Well that's that's my limit. But I had to know. They're just so good, you know, I mean, I know, you know that's what we're talking about it right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, well the second thing was the second thing?
Speaker 5: Oh crap? Oh yeah no. And I can even taste like the differences, like depending on where they're manufactured, there's slight differences between them. So once I find like a good batche In my opinion, I'll speak out like those specific breezes from that store, trying to stock up on those because they do have, you know, their own tolerances in which they're you know, manufacturing these, and some of them are quite as good as the others.
Speaker 3: Is this your like special interest?
Speaker 4: Dude?
Speaker 5: If if if mister Hershey himself came to me and said please work for me, I would that would make that would be the ultimate goal in the dream come true.
Speaker 3: Have you ever been to Hershey Park in Hershey, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 5: I have not.
Speaker 3: You gotta go, dude, you gotta go because there's a ride. I don't you ever been to Disney World?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You ever play the buzz Lightyear ride where you have all this you have a crappy plastic when you shoot crappy you know I'm talking about they have this ride? Oh my god, you have kids, all right? Look at this guy, he's able to reproduce.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: There's a ride at Hershey Park called the Reese's Cup Extreme Challenge where it's like a it's like a Reese's Cup themed shooting ride. It's like the buzz Light Your ride. And I don't know if they still do this. I don't know if they still do this, but I think they give you a Reese's cup afterwards. But you didn't hear from me.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm gonna have a look into this. I appreciate.
Speaker 3: Tell me again about this thing. You can tell where they're manufactured from that you can tell if they were like made in China or whatever.
Speaker 5: No, I mean I would know. I can't tell where their manufactured from. I can just tell like the differences, like like, oh, this must have been one batch from a certain facility. I have no idea, but I can just tell people.
Speaker 3: Do you know the name? Do you know the names of facilities around the country that manufacture Reese's cups?
Speaker 5: I mean a few, like in my local area.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 3: And you can tell what state do you.
Speaker 5: Live in Illinois?
Speaker 3: How many Hershey manufacturing plants are there in Illinois?
Speaker 5: I mean like three that I know about that that distribute They Yeah, at least distributors. I should and I shouldn't say they necessarily like you know, make them there, but they're a distributor.
Speaker 3: And you can tell which you can tell which Reeses are from which factory, like if we at.
Speaker 5: Which point in time, right, because like there's a different consistency in the peanut butter sometimes.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you ever noticed, Like some.
Speaker 5: Are just like team more like oily or more crumbly.
Speaker 3: Is it like is it like rings on a tree? Like if you see rings on the cup it was years ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Usually if I crinkle the wrapper too, and I listened really closely to kind of speaks to me.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you're joking.
Speaker 5: I'm joking about that one.
Speaker 3: If if you, if you told me you're like, I can tell from just by rubbing the rapper what state this Reese's cup was made in, I would I don't know if I'd.
Speaker 5: Be impressed that one was a little extra.
Speaker 3: God damn. What do you think about Reese's puffs?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Decent?
Speaker 5: I mean it is a solid cereal? Yeah, no, you know, I wouldn't say it's my favorite, surprisingly, but I mean it's definitely solid zereal. I'll take it any day, you know.
Speaker 3: I once a long time ago. I buy a long time ago. I mean like a year or two ago. I did a stream on Twitch where I bought one of every Reese's product at my local grocery store, mixed them into a big fucking bowl and microwaved and took a spoon and just went to down on it.
Speaker 5: Oh you stud you stud lyle. That sounds crazy. There's like seventy eight different kinds of reces or something like that.
Speaker 3: I know there's there, really are there, actually are There's a lot, there's. What do you think about Reese's pieces? Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely solid. But actually when it comes to that, I'm actually fan of that peanut butter M and ms just because they store they pack more peanut butter at them.
Speaker 3: You're a fucking poser, dude. Don't say that, you know.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, okay, I'm sorry. I'll take that back. Just just clicking the cut that out.
Speaker 3: No, what do you think about? Have you ever had Reese's peanut butter, like there's the actual peanut butter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah I have, and it's not the same. It's not like the candied peanut butter, right, but it's very good. But yeah, I definitely mess dude. If they sold the jar of like the true candied peanut butter they put in Reese's, that's when teams would probably spiral out of control.
Speaker 3: How old is your daughter?
Speaker 5: She's coming up on five on Halloween.
Speaker 3: Has she ever had a Reese's Cup before? Oh?
Speaker 4: Dude? Did dude?
Speaker 5: Any speaking of like the wrinkle of that rapper, I have her conditioned on, you know, not trying to. But if I'm like within two rooms of her and I'm opening up a resist, She'll come running and she's like, yeah, I give me a bite, and I'm like, oh my gosh, I gotta share this now.
Speaker 1: But she loves it.
Speaker 3: See that's funny to me because I would have maybe when she gets older she'll feel this way. But I would have thought it would be like you know how there are some people whose parents are alcoholics, so they just have never tached a drink in their life. Yeah, yeah, I would I would have thought I'd be more like that, Like she would hate them because they cause sugar rage cost a lot.
Speaker 5: I definitely have turned my fiance against anything peanut butter. So there's a little bit of that there are, so I can see that. I can see that.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, let me know when you turn seventy years old, because if I find out that you lived that long, I'm going to start eating four Reese's cups a day too.
Speaker 5: I you know, I think you should it mean to me, it's worth the risk, you know, It's just it's the best.
Speaker 3: Is there anything else you want to say to the people as the computer before we go?
Speaker 5: No, I'm just I'm actually really happy that I'm talking to you right now. What you do listening to h Yeah? And thank you? And also people on the computer, if you don't like Reese's, you're probably wrong. And with that, that's all I got.
Speaker 3: Have it going, man, take our h See. I'm a big fan of the Reese's fast break I used to eat those for breakfast and look at me now, I'm in the best shape of my life. That's not true at all. I might be in the worst shape of my life, but that's that's mainly due to fast food than Reese's or both. Hello, Hey, what's up?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 3: What's going on? Oh?
Speaker 4: Not much, just laying around in the dark.
Speaker 3: What's your name?
Speaker 4: I put Sippy?
Speaker 3: What's going on with you? Sippy?
Speaker 4: Oh? I don't know. I mean, I guess I have a little moment at work today that I'm kind of playing over in my head. Maybe I shouldn't have said some things that I said.
Speaker 3: What was the moment?
Speaker 4: Well, I work with a lot of girls, a lot of girls that are into like a lot of New Age stuff, which is pretty typical of uh, you know girls and I guess people in general these days. But one of these coworkers said that she was going to uh have an aura reading or like an aura photo photo taken, and I was like, oh, no, no, you should not do that. That's do you even know like where the concept of auras like came from, like because they're basically invented by like a white supremacist, a white supremacist in America, you know, like, yeah, it's true, you know, like, yeah, most people maybe they thought it came from some like Eastern religion or you know whatever. It seems like some mystical concept. But uh no, it was.
Speaker 3: What What's Who's this white supremacist that came up with auras?
Speaker 4: His name is CW. Ledbetter And yeah, basically in the early nineteen hundreds, he just took some ideas from theosophy, from you know, an earlier religion of sorts, our New Age way of thinking, and he kind of saw how this movement was spreading in America and how he could maybe take advantage of it. And this is the concept that he kind of came up with. And you know, I don't know. I'm not the one to come and explain everything to you right now, but you know, I'm not very good at sitting out the details. But yeah, it's this interesting. It's just interesting that you know how ideas like this like spread in the world.
Speaker 3: And what did you say? I said, I said, so this this coworker was getting an or an aura photo taken. What even is that?
Speaker 4: It's what it sounds like. I mean, apparently you go and there's a little camera hooked up to a laptop and they take a picture of you, or sometimes you put your hand on something and it like gives you a little color print out and then that tells you, like what colors your aura is and what that says about you, which is fine, and it's fun, you know whatever. It's fun and cool, and but I don't know, you know, these are things that you know, she's probably paying money for it, you know, a bunch of money just for some crap.
Speaker 3: So what did you say that?
Speaker 1: I just said, don't do that.
Speaker 4: And honestly, I think I'm just you know, it was fine in the moment, you know, and it's just like, do.
Speaker 5: You even know where this comes.
Speaker 4: From, like you know, these crazy bou ideas, Like I just listened to these girls talk about the shit all day and I don't know. I'm just like, I don't know. I just feel like if they said that, like Jesus is going to read your aura, it would be like no way. And not like I'm all for Jesus or anything, but I just feel like we just don't question like a lot of things that are wrapped up and you know the wu.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I kind of am of the opinion that like, look and I actually I kind of think most people are of this opinion of like I don't really give a fuck who you are, what you do, what you think, unless if it starts to you know, actually affect me or other people, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah whatever.
Speaker 3: If people want to like pay well, yeah, I don't know. If people want to like pay money for like stones that they think will make them live forever, then you know that's between them and the stone people.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I've come full circle with a lot of like the New Age shit too, where it's like, yeah, you know what I can like I've gone from being like total total skeptic and like just like wanting to learn about things like what, you know, these different experiences that people have like actually really are and just come back full circle of being like, well, you just can't explain a lot of these things, but I don't know this is what it's. I just feel like I don't know. There's just a lot of bullshit, you.
Speaker 3: Know, don't you don't you wish though, Like sometimes I wish that I did believe in it, Like I wish I was into that. I wish that I could just hold a bunch of stones and feel better.
Speaker 4: That's the thing, dude. I literally just like bought a rock like two weeks ago because I'm trying to come back around to like what I can connect with, you know, and not feeling like, you know, that it's all bullshit because I realized, no, it's not fun. It's not fun to have to tell somebody that like, yeah, like do you even fucking know what you're talking about? Like, you know, it's not fun to tell people that like their experiences are crap, and you know what, Like I said, like I kind of feel bad about it. I just feel like and I don't think it was as big of a deal in the end, as I thought.
Speaker 3: You know, you know it sucks what you and me both know that those rocks don't do shit.
Speaker 4: They don't do shit, but they're cool. Like that's the thing. Like I've I'm like, I you know, they're fun and tarot cards are cool, but like I'm like, don't pa, I'm like, just go buy like a nice dinner for you and your friends, like, don't get a stupid picture and like, you know, a print house that's going to tell you that, like you're passionate. Like I don't know, you know, like I don't have a problem with like astrology and like, you know, like a lot of it. I don't have a problem with if you just like take it and like interpret it for like yourself. I don't know, but I think there's just so much grift. There's so much grift, and like, yeah, there's it's a struggle because yeah, I do want to believe. I do want to hold the rock and I do want to believe, but at the same time, like what are you fucking talking about? You know?
Speaker 3: So, yeah, it's hard for me to have strong opinions about this stuff because I've thought about it and like I don't what I don't subscribe to any of it. There's a lot like I'm not into woo woo shit. Like I've had people call in to tell me about like ghost sightings or demon possessions, and you know, I'm like, if someone's gonna call me and they're gonna you know, you know, put themselves out there and be vulnerable and sharing the state degree, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna be like, I'm not gonna be like fuck you, that's not real. But in my own personal head when there's nobody else around, i mean, no, that shit's you know, not real.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, well that's the thing too. It's like, no, I don't believe in ghosts. But then like sometimes like someone you know who's like totally rational, Yeah yeah, you know, like they tell you a story that you know, you're like, wow, I actually totally totally believe that. And then you know, you think, oh, I've never seen a ghost, but like, oh, I've definitely had unexplainable things happen.
Speaker 1: To me and everything.
Speaker 4: But but that's where like this christy shit comes in. That's where this new age shit comes and sneaks in. It's you know, that's where it tries to tell you that like, oh, well that unexplainable thing you know is this and it means this, and you know.
Speaker 3: Well that's another thing, is I I also, you know, look again, in my own personal head, I'm like, Noah, none of that shit's real. But also in my own personal head, you know, I think I'm a total idiot. I don't know anything at all. Maybe stones work, maybe there's ghosts whatever.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't win any I don't I gain absolutely nothing from refuting or accepting the existence of ghosts and spirits and SAgs whatever that is.
Speaker 4: I know, And I don't gain anything by telling my friend not to go get her Ora read. But I guess I just like, I don't know. I've been super into like learning about like religion and belief from everything from like like fucking auras to aliens, from ours to aliens. Ghek. I want to know about it all, and some of it is pretty cool and some of it is total bullshit, and I want to I don't know. Yeah, sometimes I do want to be the person that is just like wants to say yes and have the aura reading. But I don't know. I guess I can't be That's what it comes down to.
Speaker 3: Does anything do you do you care about anything? What do you what things do you think are real?
Speaker 4: Hmm, that's a good question. I think you're I think having fun with your friends is real. I know that's so cheesy, but like I just think, like I don't want to say being a good person, because you know, you bring up on the on your show a lot. How like it's fun to be mean, and it's totally fun.
Speaker 1: To be mean.
Speaker 4: Like I've like wanted to call in and just like talk about that. But you know, this happened today, so it's on my mind. It's what I need therapy for.
Speaker 3: It was a little bit fun to be me. I was thinking about that. I was I was watching George Carlin last night talk about twenty people who ought to be killed. That was su the routine he was doing, and I could imagine him doing, like saying something like these people who warship stones should be thrown out of a helicopter, and it's like he doesn't mean And that's the thing is he doesn't mean it what he's talking about all these he's like he says, like people who wear advisors should be shot in the face, and like obviously he doesn't mean it, but it's so fun.
Speaker 4: To say, of course, but it's just funny that you said something about people who worship stones, because I don't know if God. I literally this is my problem. I listened to too many podcasts. But I was listening to a podcast the other day that brought up the fact that I and I heard this too in the George Carlin documentary that came out this past year or so, that he was a hardcore atheist for most of his life, but after his first after his wife died, he had another girlfriend who was really into like crystals and new as shit, and now he like when he died, you know, he was into carrying around courts like he always had courts with him.
Speaker 3: Really, see, there we go there it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm like, okay, like there's something but that you know, but that's what I'm saying. It's like, I don't know, Yeah, I feel like maybe there is something to rocks. But who said that there's something to rocks? Well, probably a lot of people over time, Like you can't just trace it back to one guy at the beginning of you know, the twentieth century who's decided that he could take advantage of people, you know, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: What do you know? What do you know for sure?
Speaker 4: Hmm? I know that I love my bunny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I'm with you. I'm with you on that. I'm with you on that. There's some I think. I think love is real, so not like not like romantic love. I don't think that's real. I think if you have like I don't think. I don't think you really love your boyfriend or girlfriends. But I think you love you can love a dog and that's real.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know what. I'm sorry, I'm just fucking no.
Speaker 4: What you're saying is like, no, I know. I think what you're saying is that, like a relationship is something that you have to work at, but love it's just there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I guess. So are you Are you married? Do you have a boyfriend?
Speaker 4: No, I am not. I am single. I'm like chronically single, have them for a long time, and you know, I'm just stop the plant where I'm okay with it and you know what, that's it too. I work with these girls that are a little bit younger and they're in the spot right now where they're searching. They want to get their ores red and get acupuncture and shit, and I'm like, I did that.
Speaker 1: I did that.
Speaker 4: You know it can be okay. Like I did a little searching, I did a little yoga. They're good, It's fine. Just don't go.
Speaker 3: Too far, do you do you are you? Are you scared for? Like when you were these girls's age, were you into all? You said you were searching? Do you and you kind of see them searching in the same way that you were, and you're like, oh, you have no idea?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, like I said, I mean when I say searching, I would say like not searching for like a spirituality in that aspect. I don't think that of like me or the girls that I speaking of, But you know, they're just looking for like something to connect with or something to make them feel good, or something that's gonna like I don't know, just like cure like a sadness that you have, like at that age where you just feel like, oh man, you've tried a lot of things or like you know, you thought you had yourself set up and these relationships and then you failed and like you know, okay, now you've got to like try again or start something else. And yeah, you're just you know, looking around and giving things a try, and that's okay, that's fine, but it's also just a slipperty. It's it's a slippery time, you know. That's a spot where you can just like you know, get taken advantage of easily. And you could just be taken advantage of by like another person or another relationship. That doesn't have to be an idea or a philosophy.
Speaker 3: Are you familiar with the with anxious attachment.
Speaker 4: Hmm? I mean no, not not formally I can guess no.
Speaker 3: No, no, not anxious avoid No, no, not anxious avoidant attachment theory hmmm. Not exactly the whole thing of like your you're avoiding like you know, attachments or or certain loves or certain things because you are afraid that they will turn out to be like you know, like like like you're avoiding like crystals because you are afraid it's going to turn out to be a sham or relationship because you're afraid it's gonna fuck you over in some way, you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: Totally? Yeah, yeah, totally. I mean I've been thinking about that recently just in like, you know, my own life was like what am I going to do, like, maybe I should take a risk and like just try to like work for myself, be my own boss.
Speaker 3: What's a risk look like for you? Sippy? Tell me? Tell me your risk?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, I don't know. I mean I'm at this point where I worked at my job for a while, you know, quite a few years, and I'm just kind of like, you know, it's not something I can do forever. There's no up. I mean, you know, there's nowhere to go, and I just don't, you know, I'm my interests are changing and my priorities are changing, and my sense of I don't know. I wanted to say sense of security, but I don't know if that makes sense. But I just thought like, oh, what would it be like if I tried to like have my own little business or I don't know, start a podcast or do anything. Just do something. Yeah, just fucking do something. Because for a long time, I'm just like, yeah, fucking do something. But the thing is, I just have like a new interest like every three weeks. So it's hard to commit. But I just got to commit to something that sticks. You know, you know what we should do?
Speaker 3: You know what we should do? You know what we should do, Sippy, what should we do? We should go out and get stones of of of patients and of wisdom, and they will show us the way.
Speaker 4: Can we put them on Temple University's campus and then kids can get stoned by them?
Speaker 3: What are you talking about Temple University for?
Speaker 4: Do you go to Templeversity?
Speaker 3: Oh shit? I live like so close to Oh shit, Well I was just there, dude. Yeah. Man, whatever, whatever you feel like, here's what here's what you should do. Anytime you're feeling crazy, just take your bunny, go to the the the nook where everyone goes to get high and hang out, and everything will be be peaceful.
Speaker 4: People will be like, you're too old to be hanging out here with a bunny. You're looking like you're like one time I told my mom that I it was really hot and silly, and I think it was a day when I was taking my bunny because it's bet and on the way home, I like stopped and I sat on a bench at the park and kind of like readjusted like her carrier and make it easier just like to carry. And I was hot, and like a girl came over and was like, oh, can I pet your rabbit, and I was like, oh, sure, whatever, And I told my mom about this later and she was like, oh, you better be careful. People are going to think that you're trying to like attract children to you with your rabbit.
Speaker 6: And I was like, okay, yeah, well, Sippy, is there anything else that you want to say to the people of the computer or just in general before we go?
Speaker 4: Just just think critically, you know, just think a little bit deeper, be a little bit you don't have fun, but I don't know, don't live your life in fear, but just ask questions.
Speaker 3: I like that, have a good night, citing you too, Bye bye, take care. I don't even know what I said during that call, So if I said anything stupid, you know, but this is actually just a deep This is a disclaimer for this entire podcast. I don't know. I don't have any idea what I'm talking about anytime I say words. So if you heard me say something, you're like, what the fuck is he talking about? That's why that is Okay. I feel better now. I'm gonna put this on the internet. Calls every night everything get goes to on his eye. He's teaching you cloud ever your life. But he's not really an expert.