Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Let's get to some stocks on the move on this Monday with us is Bloomberg News process a reporter Danita Sikova.
Speaker 3: When stock we've been all talking about ticker WBD.
Speaker 4: Yes, let's talk about the future of Hollywood. The battle is heating up. Paramount Skai Dance launch a hostile takeover bit It's thirty dollars a share.
Speaker 3: So the math here is very complicated.
Speaker 4: But this is obviously just days after the company agreed to deal with Netflix. There are quite a few headlines going through a terminal all day. The latest one is Netflix Coco saying he's extremely confident it will close the Warner deal.
Speaker 3: Of course, way a media executive confident.
Speaker 4: Of course, Well, they say, to be honest, it didn't move the price obviously. Paramount Skidance is up seven percent, more than seven percent today.
Speaker 3: The ticker is bs KY.
Speaker 4: Warner brought secrets that will be d up four point five percent, and Netflix is down today nearly four percent.
Speaker 3: So clearly investors are picking right now this is this is something that I've noticed.
Speaker 1: It's odd when Netflix bid, and when it looks like Netflix can win, their shares fall when Paramount comes over the hostel takeover bid, it looks like they might win it.
Speaker 3: Their share sore. What's fascinating. They've been penalized both days. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe between the close you actually close to the investor got excited about the d and now certainly they're penalizing.
Speaker 3: But there is about debt for Netflix. I mean, they never I guess, so ballenge I guess. So maybe it's something they don't need.
Speaker 4: But as we said, the initial reaction was negative for Netflix.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: Paramount is up, Warner Bros. Is up, and the only loser of the situation seems to be netflixing.
Speaker 1: You know it is not down with any of this, Senator Elizabeth Warren. Yes, not have she said that a Netflix Warner Brothers proposed deal. She called that a nightmare at the end of last week, and today she says a Paramount skidiance bit is a five alarm anti trust fire.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she doesn't like it.
Speaker 4: Well, we'll have to see what it means for consumers.
Speaker 3: Right for sure. There is also a five billion termination fee, so both of.
Speaker 1: Them, five eight billion from Netflix and five billion from very complicated Take it, take.
Speaker 3: The money, the money. Where do you want to go next?
Speaker 4: Let's go to Test, so much simpler, storry, more constantly lowered. It's a target, their equivalent, it's the equivalent of a whole. This is the first time it happens since June twenty twenty three. What they're saying is even Musk is transforming Test, so it's all about robotics artificial intelligence. But this is fully priced and Test ways down on the news. Ticker, of course, is TSLA, a big change from Morgan Stanley Test what shares a trait at about two hundred and ten times projected earnings over the next year. The only stock that trades higher Werner Brothers, So Test for shares have largely shook off the year one pp five hundred. Yeah, the average price Secker is about three hundred and eighty eight doors Morgan State is actually higher. It still implies the six percent decline from here, but definitely not a two berriche take. The stock is up ten percent this year, which is not a bad but compared to the years we saw it was up sixty three twenty twenty four, one hundred percent in twenty twenty three. So it's definitely not rewarding this high growth company that investors were super excited about. And of course we've seen a big shrug in slides, a big shrug in profits this year, so that's has been a big part of it.
Speaker 1: Can I just remind everyone that Toyota, a second castle of Toyota, is the biggest car maker in the world by market cap. They have a market cap of three hundred and ten billion dollars. The next biggest is Mercedes Benz. Mercedes and General Motors are neck and neck at seventy billion dollars.
Speaker 3: Ford is worth fifty two billion dollars.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you take every single car maker in the entire world, you don't even get to half of Tesla's market cap at the ones.
Speaker 3: That making dollars. That's somebody who follows the car industry.
Speaker 1: Well, it definitely tells me that nobody on earth is valuing Tesla as a car maker. So we make so much of a big deal about whether or not they're going to meet deliveries or not. You know, how much they make on the car business does not matter.
Speaker 2: At all.
Speaker 3: No, it doesn't. It never actually has right in terms of what this company is about. I mean, I don't even want to look at h valuations and stuff. Hey, let's get to MSTR strategy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's another company where clearly it's not about the fundamental strategy. Ink shares are up today after a very big sale off. The digital asset treasury company said it built more bitcoin one billion worth of bitcoin at the start of December, the largest acquisition since July. The tickers MSTR. The stock is down sixty percent from its peaking in October. Really tough period. Just to give you an example, investors were really happy to pay premium. They were paying two point five times premium for its bitcoin holdings, and that premium has almost disappeared. It's about one point one now. But at some point they were saying that they will start selling. But we're seeing the opposite trend. They're buying more more bitcoin despite that premium.
Speaker 3: Sharp. Please, is it not just creating demand for your own product? I guess so. I guess it stops working, right, this is the pond point. It starts working.
Speaker 4: Although they have created the reserve that's one point four billion. But unless they are sawing on the store counterfeital are could their price starreat by fifty last week.
Speaker 2: The Stock Mover's Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.