Speaker 1: Welcome in this episode of What's Driving The Great is brought to you, as always by our great friends at boost Mobile Demons. Great to see you. A little note for the audience. We are as we said on Tuesday. If you're watching here today, thank you by the way, like great subscriber review do all that stuff that helps us out a ton if you are expecting my up to this point in the season, decidedly average picks for this weekend and Demandsday's up to this point on the season, absolutely sparkling undefeated teaser that is actually coming to your inboxes or feeds or podcast channels, YouTube, all of that Friday. So we are going to, like like when we originally did the show, today's show is going to be kind of storylines, games, all of that, but our picks will come Fridayday, and I actually, full disclosure, we'll be doing them today, but we're doing it. We're separating into two kind of more digestible episodes because when we do it all together, one of two things happens. Either we race through the picks, which I don't want to do, or the pod becomes an hour and a half, which nobody wants. So and so the so that will be our plan moving forward, and so you will get those it. Also, the only thing it prevents is the only downside, so to speak, is it does not allow us to pick Thursday Night as part of our picks. But that's fine with me. We don't typically bet the Thursday night game anyway, so that's no big deal. Everything good with you, Pale out in La. We haven't checked in in a while. Snake's good, life good, everything good.
Speaker 2: Snake's good. Life's good. It's raining out here when that's rare, so that's nice.
Speaker 3: That's probably good. Yeah, it's definitely good. The snake like, oh wow, how about that?
Speaker 1: Didn't know? Oh sure, see I learned something new from you every day, all right, straight to voicemail, brought to you by boost Mobile. Some quarterback injuries this week lead to some uncertainty. We'll get to that later in the show. One that we'll get to right now. Justin Fields out against Tampa Bay with a concussion to Rod Taylor. His name is Tarrod Taylor, not Tyrod Taylor. That's a name we all mispronounced. I don't know how big of a downgrade that is. I know Fields was awesome in week one. We didn't see much in week two because he got hurt, but he'll be in. Shoyotani creates a new fifty to fifty club, fifty home runs and fifty strikeouts, not as in him striking out, but as in him striking out fifty batters and Adam Silver talking about NBA Europe in twenty seven or twenty eight. Adam Silver, however, might have a little more on his hands to worry about right now thanks to Pablo Torre's kind of intrepid journalism on what was or wasn't going on with the Los Angeles Clippers. Shout out to once upon my rival and now a guy who I think just legit probably doesn't like me, but I earned it. Pablo Torre for his tore pardon me for his great journalism on this and seeing he and Cuban go back and forth. It's been pretty good. And Pablo released new information this morning. Reminder to everybody like great, subscribe review to the pod and on YouTube, and before we get into it, and I'll go full here fellas a note to everyone out there in the Takes world, which honestly is not these days just media members. It's obviously media members, but it's also anybody with any type of following. We joke on first things first, that they call me mister Consistency. And while it is a joke that that is what they call me, it is not a joke that I try really really hard, and one of my north stars of media and opinion and kind of character is to try to be consistent that what I claim to represent, what I claim to care about, what the stances that I have sought out, that those logically align, and I don't pick and choose. And so let me give you a four instance. We talk more on this show and the TV show about the Chiefs than just about any team. If Sunday night the Chiefs were to lose to the Giants, or this past Sunday when they did lose to the Eagles, all of a sudden on Tuesdays, what's right, we don't get to the Chiefs, then I'm a fraud. Then I am picking and choosing when I want to, you know, do what I have made part of my brand. Right when it's good, when I'm winning, I'm all about it, and when I'm not, I run from it. Right that would be everyone would look at that, obviously and clearly as fraudulent, maybe even cowardly. The reason I say that kind of oddly, as I'm sure some of you are wondering where this is going before we get to the first big regular season game the Chiefs have played in years, this Sunday Night against the Giants is because of this if over the last few years. And this applies to a lot of people, be it a comic, be it a politician, be it a talk show host, be it an internet personality. If you have made part of your brand your allergy and your discussed of and opposition to cancel culture, and you are what many of you have called yourself a First Amendment absolutist, and you haven't found the time to respond or to talk about what is, at least at the moment, one of the most direct and undeniable, outright attacks on free speech by a direct state actor that we've seen, certainly in my adult lifetime, then you're aphomy. And everyone does not have to have an opinion on everything, and I think it is problematic when everyone feels like they have to chime in on everything. But if you have made part of your brand, I am starting the free press and I am going to rail against censorship on college campuses and cancel culture, and you maybe correctly went after previous administrations for trying to tamp down information that is disseminated on social media. If that is what you're known for, if you're one of these comedians who half your bit these days is can't tell jokes anymore because they'll cancel you. And you've decided to sit out what we've seen and we'll see how it plays out. But from the very top down of the administration, down to the FCC, down to the temporary what's the word, not cancelation at least as of yet, but dismissal of Jimmy Kimmel, then you're just a fraud. And that's fine, as Wild says. Everybody can't be mister consistency. And again, I want to make this clear. If you have sat out a lot of the First Amendment, cancel culture, that those conversations on whenever it's happening, you're like, ah, not my purview. I am not. I do not think you have a responsibility right now to be like this is where I take my stand. I do not feel that way. But if that's been your brand and you are more concerned about folks paying a potential private life penalty because of things they've said. By and by private life, I mean being publicly criticized or not getting booked at a theater, and less concerned with what is outright state actor induced attempted censorship. Then did you ever really believe it to begin with? Or were you all just either part of a grift or did it really only bother you when you felt like your side was the one under attack. I don't know, But the thing is, you do so question out there. And by the way, I have tried to do a really good job of staying off the internet the last day, so I don't this is You're gonna have to take my word for it. I don't know who I am or who I'm not talking about here. This isn't like a subtweet directed at some single person. Far from it. It's just my gut tells me that a lot of the folks who have been like more than anything, first Amendment. That's it, that's the most That's why it's first. Okay, there's a good test to that, and I'm curious for everyone falls on it. With that said, demonse, welcome back in. You want to talk Chiefs Giants.
Speaker 3: Let's talk Chiefs Giants. A big game for your boys over there in their own head. Yeah, so they got the Giants this Sunday. They are zero and two for the first time in the Mahomes era they faced the Giants. Obviously, they are one and eleven in the last twelve at Met Life. What is at stake for Kansas City here?
Speaker 1: Well, I if they were to lose Sunday, I or they're one and eleven in the last twelve night.
Speaker 2: Game night games. So it Met Life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna say it wouldn't that was like that. That number surprised me. I'm sure it's not that. I wonder what their record is the Giants in their last twelve last it can't be really good. Might be four and eight, but one in eleven in the last twelve night games. Here's the deal. If I'm being honest, I will not if they lose Sunday, I won't feel in my bones that they can't rally and make the playoffs. And if the Chiefs make the playoffs, I'm sure by the you know, if they were to fall to Owen three and then make the playoffs, I'm sure by the time the playoffs are all around all really like their chances. But I am now saying sober minded before the game. If they lose Sunday, it will signal that this team is not a true contender the way every Chiefs team has been since Mahomes got there, not because they can't rally from zero to three, but because if you can't beat the New York Giants in a game, you've got to have without and you should have Xavier Worthy back for it. I would think, so the only super key player you're missing is Rashi Rice, then you're not going to be good enough over the course of the season to be a real super Bowl contender. So for Giants, by the way, five and twelve at home since twenty twenty three, So it's about what we would have thought. So that's what's on the line. I have joked, not really joked, that Mahomes has never had to play a meaningful regular season game, and that is a little hyperbolic, but in fact, I think what I've said is Mahomes has never lost a meaningful regular season game, and that to me was literally true until two years ago when they actually had to go on the road in the playoffs. With my argument having been the whole point of the regular season is to get the best seat as possible and to get home field in the playoffs. And if the Chiefs have never gone on the road in the playoffs, then none of the losses have ever hurt them. Two years ago, when they did have to go on the road in the playoffs, some of those losses I suppose did hurt them, but none of those games demons felt like they had the stakes of Sunday Night that you can, I think explain away. The first two weeks. Week one, whole game plans thrown off by Worthy getting hurt. They you know, they they don't play well, they can't. Herbert's playing out of his mind, you know. And the Chargers win a neutral sight game okay, you know what I mean, not what you'd hope for, but okay. Game two, the Chiefs again can't really get the passing game going without their two star receivers or potential star receivers. Despite that, and despite missing a kick and despite failing on a fourth down early in the third quarter, they're on the precipice of taking the lead and having control of the game. And Kelsey makes a mistake. You know what, I mean, and you're playing a great team in Philadelphia. Fine, again, not good and not excuses and not saying the Chiefs deserve to win either game, but neither one of those in a vacuum. If either one of those games had happened in Week five or Week eight or week twelve, no one be concerned about it. You know what I mean. Okay, you lose a one score neutral site game to a contender in the Chargers. You lose a three point hard fought game to the Eagles, so be it. Because they happen in weeks one and two, and they're on the heels of the Chiefs getting dog walked in the super Bowl. It feels seismic, but in reality it's understandable. Losing to the Giants this weekend would not be understandable. It would mean that they are there are some systemic issues with the team for this season that are not fixable to the tune of going on a Super Bowl run. And so that's what's on the line for Kansas City in this game. I know you have some follow ups.
Speaker 3: Here, Yeah, are you still worried at all about the pass rush and Russ coming off of probably his best game or one of his best games in his career.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I don't know how you can. I don't know how you cannot be worried about the pass rush, to be totally honest with you, Like Chris Jones tends to get better as this season goes along. I know he's an older player. I still believe he's the best de tackle in football. He hasn't been dominant the first two weeks, but I believe in Chris. The Carloftis just got paid. Carloftis was a first round pick. Carloftis needs to be better. And then the other guys Mike Dana who's hurt now, Charles Amenahu who has been disappointing and been wholly ineffective thus far this season. And then you have Ashton Gillette Jellette my apologies a rookie, Omar Norman rookie. They've got to be able to create some type of pressure without sending a blitz. With that said, I Russ having four hundred and fifty yards last week, to me, does not play into this at all. Like I last week, Russ was unbelievable. I don't think that was him all of a sudden turning back the clock permanently. I think that was him turning back the clock for an evening. Now, let me give you the bright side of if they win. Okay, if they win, and I believe they will win, I don't necessarily think it'll be pretty. I don't necessarily think it'll be easy. But I am narrow deep confident they'll win. They win all of a sudden, they are playing a Week four game to totally flip every narrative that's existed thus far. Because you know who come to Kansas City in Week four? Your Baltimore Ravens and the so the the what are you shaking your head about?
Speaker 2: Tell me, no, boys need to be worried.
Speaker 1: Oh the Chiefs need to be worried. Maybe, but but just follow me down this path. The point I'm making is the Chiefs then will have in front of them the ability, if they win Sunday, to say, we win this home game against a team we literally always beat, and they're the AFC contender everyone's worried about. We get the whole people freaked out about the Chiefs. They had this brutal opening schedule. You know, they dealt with an injury, dealt with the suspension. They're two and two anyway, and Baltimore leaves that game at best too and two, and we'll see what happens in Baltimore Detroit on Monday night or I don't know if that's Monday or Sunday whatever, Sunday night.
Speaker 2: They actually it is Monday, what I know.
Speaker 1: It's a night game. Oh no, the Chiefs Monday Sunday night obviously, so it's Monday night. And maybe Baltimore is the team everyone's freaking out about, right, And so certainly if Baltimore loses to Detroit, people will be freaking out if they fall to one and three, so they just have the opportunity to turn the whole thing. It will not feel that way at all if they lose to the Giants. If they lose to the Giants, they will just feel like a bad team with a great quarterback. And I don't believe that's what they are, but they got to go prove it Sunday night.
Speaker 3: So you have seven teams above the Chiefs right now, and the Tears.
Speaker 2: I know that has to kill you.
Speaker 3: Is this the worst that you felt about the Mahomes the worst that you felt about the Chiefs in the Mahomes era.
Speaker 1: No, the worst I felt about them was post It was the twenty twenty one season. They had just gotten annihilated by the Bucks in the Super Bowl, and that next year, not only did they start three and four, but some ugly moments. Week one, they were playing Cleveland and escaped with a win. Week two, Baltimore goes for a fourth down late and beats them. Week three the Chargers, if I beat them at the buzzer essentially, and then week five they get annihilated by the Bills. And then week seven they get annihilated twenty seven to three by the Titans. The Titans, and and so that team fell to three and four, and you know, at that point, I guess you include the Super Bowl, had lost five out of eight and it was up until that Super Bowl against the Bucks, Mahomes had never lost a game by more than eight points. And then all of a sudden, they get blasted in the Super Bowl. They get beat by eighteen by Buffalo, they get beat by twenty four by Tennessee, and a span of you know, two months or two football months, that was the low point. Now that team ended up going from three and four to twelve and five, and then in the AFC Championship game up twenty one to three at a half time before that second half meltdown against Cincinnati. And that was the only year in this six year stretch they haven't made the Super Bowl. But that was the worst I've ever felt about them. This this so this the Giants.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I was a let's say, with the Giants win on Sunday, it's getting.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no. A Giants win puts us in totally new territory.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Reminder to everybody, we are so excited to be partnered with hard Rock Bet. Everybody knows and loves the hard rock hotels and casinos, and now you can use the top rated hard Rock Bets sportsbook to place your bets all NFL season and beyond. Hard Rock Bet is the only legal sports book in the state of Florida, the only one in Florida, and is also available in Arizona, Ohio, New Jersey, Indiana, Tennessee, Virginia, Illinois, and Colorado, with more states launching all the time. You can also play on hard Rock Bets online casino if you are in New Jersey. Throughout the football season, We'll be using hard Rock Bet lines to make our predictions for the biggest games as we gear up for the NFL season, sign up for hard Rock Bet. Make a five dollars bet and you'll get one hundred fifty dollars in bonus bet. If you win again, make a five dollar bet and you get one hundred fifty dollars in bonus bets. If you win, head over to a hard Rock Bet and sign up and make your first deposit today, payable in bonus bets, not a cash offer offered by the Seminal Tribe of Florida. In Florida offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital LLC and all other states, must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concerned about gambling in Florida, call one eight eighty eight Admit it. In Indiana. If you are someone you know as a gambling problem wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. Gambling problem Call one eight hundred Gambler in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee or Virginia. All Right, demanse. Let's get on to what actually might be. This might be a better game than Detroit Baltimore. It's so certainly the best game of Sunday.
Speaker 2: That might be boring.
Speaker 3: We got a divisional round rematch between the Rams and Philly. So if you think back to last year, this team was twenty yards away from beating Philly. Who do you think has more to prove this time come around?
Speaker 1: Which one might be boring? Are you saying.
Speaker 2: Detroit Philly Rams? Oh?
Speaker 1: Why would Philly Rams be boring?
Speaker 2: They might not throw the ball, dude.
Speaker 3: I mean they might go a little bit or do with everything that they need to do to get the game.
Speaker 2: But I don't think it's going to be a light show or anything like that.
Speaker 1: All Right, No, I agree with you. I don't think this is going to be a recreation of Baltimore Buffalo Week one, which, by the way, as did you hear what I think it was? DraftKings said about that Week one Baltimore Buffalo game. It was the single worst game for them, No, the single the single biggest loser for them ever. Okay, because if you guys remember what I talked about all the early money was Baltimore plus a point and a half. All the late money was Buffalo plus a point and a half. You then, so they lost both sides of it, with Buffalo winning by one. You then add to it, demons, when when you have that many touchdowns and that many points, nobody's betting unders on player props. You know what I mean. People are betting overs and touchdown scores, and in game betting, they're betting underdogs live betting. You know, yeah, exactly right. So they said that was their single worst result ever. When you put it all together, it's not surprising, all right, Rams Eagles. Who has more to prove? This is tricky because I think the Rams. I think the Ram the only team to beat the Rams. D I have this right, I'm gonna double check. I think the only team to beat the Rams when yeah, since week eleven of last year, when when they've played their starters, is the m is Philadelphia, and Philadelphia's beaten them twice. The Rams since week eleven of last year have beaten New England, New Orleans, Buffalo, San Francisco, New York, Arizona, UH Minnesota, and then Houston, Tennessee. And they're zero to two against Philly. So and this is, you know, they're the defending NFC champs. Obviously they're defending Super Bowl champs, so one would think the Rams Philly, on the other hand, has been really weird this year because they are so unwilling to throw the ball and when they do throw it, they are so unwilling to throw it more than three yards past the line of scrimmage. And the only reason I feel that this has not and this is understandable, this has not been more of a story is like where aj Brown is really upset is because they're winning. Like, do I think had Kelsey held onto that ball and the Eagles were or Ceedee Lamb held onto that ball and the Eagles lost either one of these games, would AJ Brown be as okay publicly as he's been with the fact that they're just not getting him the ball. They won't throw the ball down the field.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Do I think a lingering, lurking potential story is could Mike Vrabel, the head coach of the New England Patriots, try to make a play before the deadline for the player he used to have in Tennessee who a lot of people believe what fractured his relationship with the Titans. Was the Titans trading away AJ Brown to Philadelphia? Do I think that is possible if things go a little awry for the Eagles? I do do. I think that while Jailing, to his credit, clearly does not care how it looks as long as they win, that that might not be how everyone feels.
Speaker 2: I think J Brown is, like, could selfishly be hoping that they lose the game. No, no, no, no, I don't think that.
Speaker 1: I think AJ Brown is hoping you throw me the damn ball that I get to show everyone, remind everyone how good I am. I just don't know that they're gonna do that, right, I also think yeah. And but here's what's interesting about the Eagles thus far this year. Last year, it was really hard to complain about the Eagles anything because after Week four last year, they didn't lose a single time. When Jalen played and Saquon was breaking records every weekend running, the offense looked amazing. This year, that is not the case. Saquan's been relatively bottled up each of the two weeks, and the offense has looked stuck in the mud. The other The other interesting factor here is in a week when the Tush Push has been so in the news the while the past ers we're at the forefront of trying to get the Toush Push band with Matt Lafleur, the vice president of that movement, with Sean McVey, and Sean McVay was on the record who said, he goes listen, I'm probably just a hater because we can't stop it. But I also don't, you know, don't like how it looks, don't like it, wanted to have it banned. So I think there are a lot of really juicy storylines in this game. I also think these are two great teams. Here is my concern. If I'm Philly or potentially great teams, I should say, what are we doing with the receiver that Quinnon Mitchell isn't on, Like Puka and Davante, one of them isn't gonna have quinnyon Mitchell on him and Adri Jackson ain't the answer. And so I find that I cannot wait for this game. We'll see if it's one of my picks in our gambling show. If it were to be one of my picks, I would be going with the Rams plus the points because I think the Rams absolutely can win and I think there was a lot of emotional There could be some emotional fatigue for Philly after that Chiefs game and all of a sudden where they're having to defend their beloved push push to the media because folks are finally picking up on that. They're lined up off sides almost every single time, and they jump most of the time. And so that is and listen back to back Philly's opening season schedule, Brutal Cowboys, Chiefs, Rams Bucks. Now two and zero is the best you can hope for Rams Bucks, really tough ones, really interested in seeing them both. See if it's one of my picks. In a bit, let's get to the other game of the weekend, except it's Monday night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so my Ravens are facing off the Lions on Monday Night. Now, both these teams are coming off of dominant Week two performances or top three in points per game this year. Both of them were staring at one and.
Speaker 2: Two with the loss. Though who needs this game more?
Speaker 1: I think it's Baltimore because they have the Chiefs next, and because I don't think Baltimore is ready to punt, not that they would be punting on it, but ready to punt on the one seed. And what the Lions know is after this game they have the Browns and then the Bengals without Joe Burrow. So the Lions, even with the loss and they're on the road, can steady themselves a bit. Baltimore, on the other hand, beating the Browns is nice, but it doesn't make you feel great. It's just like, Okay, we beat the Browns, bolt and I don't care how shaky the Chiefs look. Everyone on that Baltimore team has had trouble beating Kansas City their whole career. And so this is a home game at night against the Lions team that when they played one of the big Boys, got dominated. That twenty seven to thirteen Packer game was not as close as that score suggests. That game was twenty seven to six and green Bay coasted home and Isaac Teslat made one of his two amazing catches this season, and they got you know, they made it, I guess somewhat respectable. I'm also you know, Derrick Henry has had one of the best games of his career and then followed it up with one of the worst games of his career. So I find that, you know, fascinating going into it. This is your team, Demanse, what's your confidence level going into this game.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm pretty confident. I'd say like out of a ten, it'd be like eight, eight or nine. I think the Lions are a good team, but I think we'll take care of business.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 1: Here's my concern for Baltimore. I don't love at all the back end of their defense. I like Kyle Hamilton. The rest of it to me is question marks. And now last year that was the case. Early in the year and the second half of the year they were unbelievable. They clearly thought it might be a need. They went out and got Jayurr Alexander He's a healthy scratch.
Speaker 2: Week two. It was weird.
Speaker 1: They were like, he's not listed on the injury report, but this is injury related, but either way, he's inactive. The Lions, if they can protect golf, they just have so many weapons. And Jamison Williams, even though he's first team All Knucklehead, is a hard guy to deal with. Obviously, Aman Ross Saint Brown's great, Gibbs is great, Laporte is really good. I it feels like a game that if Baltimore can't get there with four, Detroit is going it's to be able to move the ball and that this is going to be a shootout, which I guess. Go ahead and listen. DeAndre Hopkins has made three catches this year, it should have been three touchdowns, one who was ruled down at the half yard line. Zay Flowers, who I've never been a huge believer in, has looked really good. And Lamar's playing like there's no I mean, that's you know, that's almost a given at this point. But Lamar is, even by his standards, really playing great football, and so no, I think this.
Speaker 2: Would be a quarterback passer ready.
Speaker 3: Ever he's got yeah, he just right.
Speaker 1: It was Mahomes. Mahomes then dipped a bit, Rogers took it back, and now Lamar's ahead of both of them. Now, by the way, contractually obligated to remind the audience if it's career quarterback passer rating regular season plus the playoffs, Mahome still has the record for regular season, only it's Lamar's. And I know this is the highest total of the weekend. And I don't really bet totals, but if I were to to me, this is an overgame, and I just think that this feels to me like thirty one twenty eight type of thirty one twenty seven, high flying, high scoring, maybe last team with the ball type of game. All right, let me we got a new sponsor. I want to tell you guys about so smart betters rely on data. HOF hands you powerful analytics at your fingertips to tilt the odds in your favor to help you avoid that just gut wrenching missing one leg of your player parlay. HOF gives you all the probabilities and insights you need to succeed by using historical data, matchup grades, trends, and player performance insights. Hf's parlay Optimizer for you parlay betters out there, let you know which parlay legs look the riskiest to them, so you can adjust before game time and maximize your chances of hitting with confidence. Hof crunches millions of data points in seconds. So whether you're building the same game parlay or and we're like, may maybe just picking a money line a team to go with, let the stats that ahof can provide help guide your decisions. Send your plays from HOF directly to your sportsbook app with one click to save time. HOF trusted by betters with over one million total users and a rating of four point nine out of five on the app Store with over seven thousand reviews. That's more reviews than this show has. For limited time only, What's Right listener not only get a seven day free trial, but they also get fifty percent off their first month when they use code right at checkout wriighd at checkout. So check it out. Download the HF app on iOS or Android. You get inner code right wrighd and you'll be all set. And again, you're planning on betting some games this weekend, you get seven days free. Give it a try and see what you think. Use code right WIGHD on the HOF app. All right, demonse, let's get to tonight's game.
Speaker 2: Uh yes, So everybody's expecting tonight to be a blowout.
Speaker 3: I think it's a well, I don't think it's Buffalo minus twelve or twelve point favorites. Everybody's expecting this to be a pivotal game for Mike McDaniel's career. Now they're going to have some time with them playing the following Monday or I guess the next next Monday, so they'll be able to fire him.
Speaker 2: How does this game. Need to look for McDaniel to keep his job. What are you expecting here?
Speaker 1: Listen? If they get embarrassed. I do think he could be the rare coach fired in September. That to me is almost always a process mistake, Like if you didn't want to fire a coach in the offseason, only giving him three games to me is usually pretty ridiculous. But it's been really ugly in Miami. Week one was as bad as it gets, and then Week two is kind of a heart wrenching loss that you could have won. They can't get embarrassed tonight. Now, what I will tell you about tonight's game is the Bill's injury report that I saw yesterday, which obviously is the last one of the week. Gave me pause. Okay, the Bill's injuries are all on the defensive side of the ball, and it's important. Guys Ed Oliver listed as out, Matt Mulano listed as out, Taranjahnson, and Cam Lewis listed as questionable, with Shaq Thompson listed as questionable. Now, the only noteworthy dolphin that's listed as out to me is Darren Waller. Obviously, storm Duck and one of their safeties is also out. I think Waller is probably the biggest loss of the three, maybe Storm Duck, but Storm Duck honestly is probably just people know him because he's got a sick name, not necessarily because he's a great player. This is going to be a very popular Survivor pick. If people are betting Survivor on Thursdays, they Josh Allen has absolutely owned Tua and the Dolphins. All we know all of this, and the Bills should blow them out.
Speaker 2: They just should.
Speaker 1: The defensive injuries for Buffalo concerned me a bit because what we do know is if Toua has time and you can't disrupt the rhythm of the offense, that offense can be really good. And so.
Speaker 2: In New England, yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, he had the terrible pick late and he also you know, took the sack late like it ended terribly, but you saw how potent that offense in theory can be intermittently in that game. And so I would not bet this game either way. I certainly think thirty five to ten Buffalo is on the board, But is there a is there a chance that at the end of the first quarter this is fourteen nothing Miami and then Buffalo is like fighting its way back the rest of the way. It it's Thursday, which is adds some weird stuff to it. Is this me just wish casting, because you know, I want the Chiefs not to be eliminated from the one seed conversation by the end of September. Maybe, But those bills injuries concern me just enough that I'm going to give Miami a puncher's chance in this game. I also think that Tua saying, and I don't know if we talked about this on this show yet, Tua saying like I can't run or throw like Josh was unfortunate. Like that's just like Tua gave a quote like he were a backup quarterback stepping in rather than a guy who's paid like he's a superstar. Right, And yeah, well, I mean now got to play him. He's the guy you gotta go through every year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't love that at all. All right, let's go to Bears Cowboys.
Speaker 2: All right? Game of the Week with Dallas and Chicago.
Speaker 3: The Cowboys are coming off that forty point ot win and the Bears have allowed the most points in the league so far.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and just real quick, both NFC offensive player of the Week through two weeks has been the two quarterbacks to play the Bears, JJ McCarthy and then Jared goff. I listen the Bears, Everyone's going to focus on Caleb. They allowed fifty two points. Man Like Caleb, I thought was fine in Week two. He wasn't great, he wasn't terrible. It wasn't their problem. If the Bears lose this game, I you can, in my opinion, put a nail in their play Coffin. So the AFC upper class might still be the best of the two conferences, but the NFC middle class is so much deeper this year than the AFCs that I just don't think you can recover from zero to three. I am more interested actually in this is can Dallas's offense put on the type of performance where we say, you know what, we have to take them seriously as a team that's got a you know, a very real chance of making the postseason. Dallas's offense in Week one against Philly moved the ball at will until the weird hour long weather delay, and then was still moving the ball, but Ceedee Lamb was dropping it. Week two, obviously, Dallas's offense was unstoppable. If Dak puts up another huge game, then I think that and they get to two and one with the one loss being to the Eagles, then I think you do have to start saying hold on. Like they've been able to run the ball, they've been able to do whatever they want on offense, and you look at their upcoming schedule next week home against the Packers, even if you pencil that in as a loss at the Jets at the Panthers after that, if they win this game, they have a very decent chance to be four and two through six games, having already played four road games like that's something, and so not blowing that game against the Giants was huge. I actually am more interested, believe it or not, in the Dallas side of this than I am.
Speaker 2: The h.
Speaker 3: Well completely, I want to see what Dallas has in store.
Speaker 1: The games have to matter, man, I can't. I can't like pretend I'm you know, I've been optimistic about what I've seen from the Bears. I think Kale has been fine, but he hasn't been sensational, and the team right now has looked like a mess. They created a way to lose Week one, and they got fifty bald Week two. That's not good. Just is what it is. Hey. You ever sign up for a phone plan thinking wow, great price, and then after a few months, surprise your bills hire Boost Mobile you pay twenty dollars a month forever. That's a limited talk, text and data starting at just twenty five dollars a month, no price, heights, no contract forever. Plus. Boost Mobile is now a legit nationwide five G network. They've invested billions building five G towers across the country. Visit boostmobile dot com or head to your local Boost store today and get unlimited talk, text and data for twenty five dollars a month forever. Five G speeds not available in all areas after thirty gigs, customers may experience lower speeds. Customers will pay twenty five dollars a month as long as they remain active on the Boost Unlimited plan. All right, demons, let's get to packers Browns please.
Speaker 3: Well, they've had arguably the best starts of the season of anybody, with dominant wins over Detroit and Washington. Here's a couple of numbers. There are number one in the NFC Super Bowl odds. Love is number three at for MVP and Micah is number one for Defensive Player of the Year.
Speaker 2: Is this is all this too much? Hyper? Do you think this is legit?
Speaker 1: Listen, I said it after the Mica trade. I'll say it again. The most interesting player in the NFL this year is Jordan Love. They have all the pieces. If Love can just be steady, there's no reason they shouldn't be not only a real contender, but be awesome all year. And he's been steady. I don't think he's been sensational. I think he's been steady and that's all. You know what I mean, That's that's fine. He has Coach Mangini had this stat I couldn't believe it. Like Jordan Love only has five games in his career with a passer rating between eighty five and ninety nine, which are like solid good not great games. Every other game the passer rating's either been eighty four or below or one hundred and above. So he really is he epitomizes the old Josh Allen roller coaster stuff and right, and so I really like what they have in Green Bay, and I.
Speaker 3: Really recuvenated them. They just seem very happy over there, excited.
Speaker 1: Such a great player, man. Yeah, and it's just it is. His impact is felt every plays on the field, and I think that they are going to really put it on the Browns this weekend and the and so we will well spoiler alert, that's gonna be part of our pick show on Friday. All right, last game we're getting to before we get to listener questions.
Speaker 3: So the Chargers have a chance to start three and zero if they go in here and beat Denver, and that will be three divisional wins for them, and they are in the Chiefs division, as we all know. Are you secretly rooting for the Broncos this week?
Speaker 1: It is better for the Chiefs if the Broncos win, that's for sure. If that's the question, like, I'd rather you know, because if the Broncos win, then the Chiefs are all of a sudden, only a game out of first place.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: If the Chargers win, then yes, you don't have to Like, the Chiefs are tied with the Broncos assuming they beat the Giants, but the Chargers have that separation. The thing is this, I'm not worried about the Broncos, so that being tied with the Broncos doesn't really matter because I think the Broncos are gonna find some more losses along the way. The Chargers have just looked awesome, and I thought they looked defensively. Defensively, they've looked like the best team in the league. Now. I talked about it on Tuesday. I didn't love some of the game management stuff late in that game. And they're gonna miss Khalil Mack. By the way, I sent this to the group chat, Khalil Mack listed or according to you know the NFL Injury Insiders is going to miss quote or it will be back in quote a few weeks. I'm gonna go ahead and plant my flag right now that week eight is the absolute soonest he'll be back, and I probably would take after that like a few again, whatever the initial reporting is. But you know about the injury, add a few weeks to it and that kind of is exponential, where like Burrow three months season over Khalil Mack a few weeks, six weeks. So that's not good. Obviously, that injury and Herbert getting banged up a bit's not good. But I just don't I think bo Nicks is gonna really really struggle against that Charger defense, Is it at all?
Speaker 3: Allowing to you that have been Patrick Mahomes had the same quarterback rating right now our past ratings.
Speaker 1: I don't like it, Yeah, I don't like it. Yeah, I will be honest with you. I don't like it. But I think that'll change.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Let's get to some of the listener questions from Tuesday and then from today.
Speaker 2: Joe asked, how was the steakhouse opening? Nick? Did you meet Taylor? Did you meet Taylor?
Speaker 1: No? So I went Friday. It was great. It was really really good. They did an awesome job. It's like a traditional steakhouse with a bunch of Chiefs or Kansas City kind of flares to it, which I thought was really cool. It's the same restaurant group that owns Toka Madera, which you may you know they have restaurants in a few cities, but I know the one in Aria. Friday, the Chiefs were, I know Patrick was going to be there. They ended up not going Friday. They went Sunday for Patrick's birthday with he and Travis and Taylor and Brittany and all of them. So I was not there for that, So no, I did not. I did not get to meet Taylor. That would have been nice, but I did not.
Speaker 3: All right, now, I saw your I saw that Mahomes tribute birthday video for a second when I got to a minute and a half, and I was like, is is he going to be in here?
Speaker 2: Is he not going to be?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did, And then you came up with like two minute market.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Chiefs released like a five minute happy Birthday to Mahomes video with a bunch of people being a part of it.
Speaker 2: I was a part of that. That's right.
Speaker 3: Oh so, Nico asked, if Herbert continues playing like this but he loses his first playoff game, does his stock rise into the elite level or does he drop with what would be a considerable sample of bad January.
Speaker 1: Play Listen, if Herbert keeps this up and then loses his first playoff game, that's a disaster. Like Herbert right now is firmly in the MVP conversation, like the I actually think that's worse than just a bad season, like, because I think you are right so that that would be a worst case scenario for Herbert and Herbert and Danny Parkins and Herbert fans. All right, let's get some of the questions from today.
Speaker 3: Uh, Kafreaka asked, would Kansas City rather lose to the Giants and beat Baltimore or beat the Giants and lose to Baltimore.
Speaker 1: I mean, you'd rather lose to the Giants and beat Baltimore because it's a cross conference game. But I can't. I won't be able to stomach the idea that they lose to the Giants, Like I can't even I can't even deal with that idea. All right, last.
Speaker 3: One, Jason says, Nick, you joked on the show yesterday that the Chiefs game this week would be a shave your head game. We actually shave your head if the Chiefs lose.
Speaker 1: It's very controversial because the no one close to me wants me to go back to my old haircut except for your mother, Demanse.
Speaker 2: And like all like Mike buzzcut.
Speaker 1: Close to it. Yeah and uh, and I'm getting a little tired of the hair. But it is at this point. It would be a lot of work for a lot of people if I were to do it, because we have to redo all of the first things, first commercials, all of the head shots, we have to rebrand every like I'm kind of like pot committed to this hairstyle now, So I don't know the I would like to go back to it.
Speaker 2: Chiefs super Bowl as you've been growing this hair out.
Speaker 1: That part's true. Yeah, you know you know what. That part's true. So I don't know what it is. I've been trying to get Wilds to make a shave your head bat because he would be so devastated if you have to shave his and I wouldn't mind, but he won't do it, all right, I would like that would be unbelievable. Wild with a skin fade like rate. Subscribe review our pick show coming up on Friday. Demandays Can't Lose teaser all that coming up tomorrow. Thank you for listening. Thank you to boost hard rock volume. Blue Duck our new sponsors at h o F appreciate you all. Talk to you guys Friday.
Speaker 2: What's right