Speaker 1: We got so much exclusive Commander's content. This week we got something special Game Day Live with Jenkins and Santanamos. Are you excited, Bud?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then in the regular season be Mitch is gonna join you too. Yes, that's awesome, man. We got a new pot and that heals me to say, but it's get loud, Fred smoot, Michael Jenkins, how's that going for your friend?
Speaker 2: Woa he do it? Whoa he do it?
Speaker 1: And then we got Command Center of the flagship show that will recap everything from the preseason game in Cleveland. So make sure you keep subscribing and consuming Commander's content. Welcome into the Command Center Podcast. I'm Logan Paulson here with farmer Fred.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is what I go by now. I'm a nurturer.
Speaker 1: Yes, got watermelon from whatever day that was Tuesday.
Speaker 3: I got this smith cant of dirt sent from Mississippi to Virginia so I could.
Speaker 2: Grew it the way of my end Tan.
Speaker 1: That was pretty good.
Speaker 2: Huh it was.
Speaker 1: It's still on my mind.
Speaker 4: A little bit. I'm sitting here like Fred and grow that down.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But if he did, he.
Speaker 2: Did, Yes, I did. I grew it with love grew.
Speaker 1: You are very loving towards your your produce.
Speaker 2: Thank you man.
Speaker 1: You go what you said last week, you said on Tuesday you said, I grow with the strawberries with peppers or the bugs don't get there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got to learn these these tricks.
Speaker 3: Like the worst thing you can ever do the vegetables and fruit is put pesticide on. I know why you're doing it, to keep the to keep the bugs out so you can eventually eat it. But you got to come up with some more shifty ways to make that hat, especially when you're doing at your house.
Speaker 4: I just can't imagine Fred ready to get the time from the city.
Speaker 2: And play in the dirt basically what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: Like do you put like overalls on Fred and like a straw I.
Speaker 2: Don't really get into characters like I go out there.
Speaker 3: Like I told you, I listened to my music, and as I listen to my music, I might be trimming some weeds. I might be picking some stuff up. It's just difference, man, It's different.
Speaker 1: So we got an exciting show. We are previewing preseason game one versus the Cleveland Browns, and so Ron hasn't talked a ton about what the plan is or anything like that. But if you guys were head coach, how would you approach reps times? What do you want to see? Let's start with Tanne.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm gonna jump out there and say, from just my experience, the coaches like to get everybody in that season opener mindset. I know it's a preseason yes, but we want to make sure everybody know this is how we prepare for games. So the next game when it gets a little more critical, in the next game when it gets critical, then by the time we want come we already went through the format. So this should be like, you know, dress rehearsal for you guys. So we go through dress rehearsal. We're going to show you guys how we prepare. We're going to have a period in there where we go over the script that plays that we're going to have, and so on and so on. I think every game is basically every preseason game is just like you warming up for the game, showing these guys that if you make the team, this is what we expect out of you. But due to the fact that just the first preseason game we got to get these guys that's going to probably play the most to have that kind of game sense of mindset, you know what I mean, I know the starters and the guys who's going to make the squad. You kind of almost like rest my son, flout Seeds. I'm ready to be sitting on the sideline watching these other guys play. But you got to get those young guys and everybody who's on that bubble and those guys who's trying to make the squad to have that mindset. This is how we're going to prepare for the game.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Sam can't play no less than twenty plays for me. Yeah, he's the guy that I need out there. So if he's out there, my first whole line out there. I would never let him go out there without their first old line out there to protect him. So they need to get in the mind frame of twenty plus plays.
Speaker 2: Either it's on you. Either two good drives, whatever you want. You can be out of here any and of the first if you want to.
Speaker 3: So at the end of the day, I want I want to see least sixty plays from him in the preseason same how total.
Speaker 1: So even in the Baltimore game, you wanted to play.
Speaker 3: If I like the one thing coaches, they cannot afford to start slow this year.
Speaker 2: I don't want to hear any of your excuses.
Speaker 3: This is why out in a backup, like, because if I need you to play, I know what I'm.
Speaker 2: Getting I have to put.
Speaker 3: I can't say I'm going to give Sam hit the best chance to succeed when I'm not working you in that preseason, knowing I can get you some rips against the second team on some guys, I can get you some.
Speaker 2: Rips with the first team.
Speaker 3: Fire his our offensive line, maybe some wide house, maybe some tight ends.
Speaker 2: I just need him to get to work.
Speaker 1: Is there any concern about injury? Not necessarily to Sam, but to one of the other starters that has to be in when Sam is in You know you got Leno, who's an experienced guy, Gates, I've been around a little bit.
Speaker 2: I need you in there. So if he's in there, you in there.
Speaker 1: Last year they did the Lucas thing, like Leno, who's the ten year eleven year guy comes out, Lucas goes in, Yeah, or Carnage Lucas. Excuse me, but so old lines in? Are the receivers in with him?
Speaker 4: I want to see everybody.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna cut you off free.
Speaker 4: I just want to see everybody give him, give him a series, give him a chance to move the ball together once they get that first down. I seen enough, you know, however you are, you know, I just I just feel like it's crazy that we sit here and you brought up that whole thing about do we you know, have that in the back of our heads about anybody getting injured. Man for my first let's say ten years of my career, Yeah, we played in the preseason. Our coaches didn't worry about nobody not being there available. Now, we did have Chad Pennington go down one time in the preseason, but Chad was out there playing like he was in regular season for him, trying to scramble and slide and do all that other stuff. So you have to risk that sometime. But at the same time, you're thinking about how much can I give these guys to get them physically and mentally ready for the next step and the next step and then week one.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you said mentally ready, because that's really kind of what it is.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: It's like you've kind of ramped training camp, you know, no pads, pads, first preseason game, it's like you go to the stadium, you get dressed, you do your warm up, you start your routine. So there's a lot of value there and then there's a little bit of extra emotion. Right it's not crazy, yeah, like.
Speaker 3: Just like but it's ratching up man games now, I think you.
Speaker 2: Can't look at it like you did when we had four games three.
Speaker 3: It's like, way, I might have to play him in this first one because the second game is really our game and the third with nobody played.
Speaker 1: So it's like, well, it'd be interesting because also I think that when you have a joint practice with the team.
Speaker 2: Usually it's where we win in it, that's where we win.
Speaker 1: Usually the starters won't play, you know what I'm saying, Like, so it'll be a backup game. So he's really got to play in this one or.
Speaker 3: Not be seen in the preseason, and we can't afford they like I'm sorry, he might got.
Speaker 2: To give me ten to fifteen plays against the Ravens second team. If that's what they playing, so be it. But we know how Ravens are.
Speaker 4: I want the reps regardless of who out there. If you can, if you got your second guys in us, so be it. We're fina, We're finna make them wish that they went on the field, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think for Sam, I think we all agree he's got to get reps right. But the thing that gets me is like, if he's out there, you're starting on lines out there? Yeah, can you risk again? Risk and injury to that group?
Speaker 2: Sports?
Speaker 3: Sports is about injuries. Guess what next? Man up mentality, that's how you truly feel. We've been rosched building right when you roster Bill to have flexibility.
Speaker 1: So he talked a lot about the offense right there, and I think because that's kind of where the storyline is. Like, another thing I want to ask you, Tennant and Fred too, is what kind of game plan are you putting in? Because I remember early preseason it was like hey, man day one, day two in saw go have fun and you could just play as fast as you wanted to. There was no like real game plan. It wasn't like let's scheme up Cleveland's defense. It was like, hey, we're running stick flat, running double stick, We're running basics. You know what I mean? Nothing too crazy you because it is Sam. No, you want to see someone No.
Speaker 3: Because I need to hide my offense, my true outfense from people. So I for me to have that first five six weeks of unpredictability play Collein wise, I cannot show you who I really am in I'll season like I'm running certain plays for Sam to see him make some throws.
Speaker 2: This is not my offense. We are. It's part of my offense, but.
Speaker 1: It's not like how I'm gonna formation is.
Speaker 2: It's not I'm an attack you in the first three weeks before well.
Speaker 4: One of the things that I love and I always think back and reflect on stuff that I experienced. When you asked me that question, the first thing I thought it back about, you know, playing with Caldom. I feel like we ran out. We ran our stuff. Now we probably have so many other ways of getting to what we do in formations. It wasn't all the formations, but it was the basic stuff that we ran. I was running, you know, option routes in the preseason. I was running sticks routes in the preseason. I was running.
Speaker 1: In the preseason.
Speaker 4: So we ran our stuff, but it just was like the generic part of it, Like it was just like simple base, you know, basic, you know the formations you know, so I would say we I'm pretty sure this officers have the same same, same way of going about business. You know, run your stuff, get to what you're trying to get to see what you're trying to see. But don't go out there with a whole bunch of you know, different formations and showing the world whatever you know what you can do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Think that's actually yeah, I think I think it'll probably look something like that. You know, it'll be interesting to se how many say players if it's team twenty five.
Speaker 3: It's almost damned if you do. Damned if you don't. Because if you don't play him in those snaps and we started out slow, everybody be like, well then, because you treated him like a ten year starter in the preseason. So I think we just got to throw it in, throw it in the hats to see what happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But else, I think they You could also hypothetically, I think he's gonna play. I think he's gonna play fifteen to twenty five snaps. Like you, Fred, I'm in that same boat. But you could also lean on that Baltimore practice and be like, we're gonna get to see him.
Speaker 2: This and this way, you're gonna get the real this one.
Speaker 3: I can run my play, I can run my plagues against the Ravens that closed practice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. All right, So that's offense defense very very different in terms of how much they're gonna play, how much we need to see him. What would you do with that starting in D line or any of those guys playing. I mean, I don't even really want to play Casey two Hill and.
Speaker 2: James wi Williams. I'm like, you got it.
Speaker 3: I'm a guy that played in the two thousand. We played preseason game, I know.
Speaker 1: But you didn't have joint practices. You know things we practice against the.
Speaker 2: Jets against you guys.
Speaker 1: Would do the practice and then you would go play the preseason game.
Speaker 4: We just yeah, so we we did the same thing with the Jets. When I was the Jets, we played practice against the Giants, played in the preseason game. And when I got here, every year we went against the Rape every every year, played them in that preseason game.
Speaker 1: And you were playing there even though you practice against them.
Speaker 3: Yes, and you know, the Ravens love to win the preseason so they got first team and the undefeated defeated.
Speaker 4: Up to last year, they never lost the game.
Speaker 1: Seriously, that's wild and so again, So I guess my question is, so Sanzo, I know you're an old head and you want them to play, but do they do you do they need to play?
Speaker 4: Give me five or six players?
Speaker 2: Yeah, give me something. Then stand up for these guys.
Speaker 4: Just put your hand in the dirt. Showed me that you're ready. You know what I mean? You know I'm with you.
Speaker 1: But like for fans, why is that important? Like why is it important just to get them out there for a couple.
Speaker 4: They coming, They coming to see those guys anywhere. We're not out here. We're not out here to serve our fans right now, although we are in the business of serving and make sure that they're happy and we put on a great show. But they also have to understand preseason and you want to see these guys be their best more.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying is like, why is it important for fans for them to just be out there for a couple of steps. You know what I'm saying. It's not like we're not doing it for the fans.
Speaker 3: A lot of times, like we don't want them to get but no, no, I need them to be out there because I can't hide you football players from football.
Speaker 2: I'm tired of people.
Speaker 4: You don't even know how it is to go against somebody else. They need to feel how they need to prepare that. Like you always said, your mind and you know mentally you need to go out there and hit somebody else's helm the.
Speaker 3: First time you make attack. I should not be against Coke McCoy.
Speaker 1: That's a great point, like one hundred percent agree. Like Matt Ryan, when I was at Atlanta, I was like, how do you feel about the preseason? Like I gotta have one where I'm playing like a half and that's just gets it sets this table mentally for me for the years.
Speaker 4: And you see how you say mentally, that's how I was as a receiver. I used to tell myself, I need to get one catch a preseason game and that's going to build me up to going. I remember one pre.
Speaker 2: Seas game I had about four or five catch.
Speaker 4: I was like, man, this is too much, you know, but I always wanted at least one catch. I think the preseason is very important just mentally for all of us, but we understand as a lot of guys it's more important because they have to make you know, make a.
Speaker 1: Squad absolutely, So for let's talk about position battles. Anybody that you've got an ion specifically, I know Forbes, the young guy right. You want to see him. Do we get any information about how they're going to utilize the corners in this situation.
Speaker 3: I want to see klun Moyd because he one of the guys in the puzzle.
Speaker 2: I don't know exactly where his.
Speaker 3: Piece is at, so he one of those guys I want to see. I want to see Percy Butler.
Speaker 1: He's been a little quiet.
Speaker 2: I want to see I want to see him. I want to see Collie Hudson.
Speaker 1: You know it's kind of different. You want to see Percy to see if he comes to life. Yeah, and you want to see Kaleik to see if it's real.
Speaker 2: Keep going, keep going. We keep gaining this momentum that he got.
Speaker 3: So I got some guys that I know gonna play some reps that I want to see, Like I want to see John. I want to see big Ridgeway out there because he gonna have that mind frame that I shouldn't be out here. You know how it is like a guy that played his way to some respect, but you still like the fifth gown on the depth charge, but I want to see him mavel some people out there because he don't want to be out there.
Speaker 2: So it's a couple.
Speaker 3: Of guys out there for different reasons that I want to see.
Speaker 4: You know. I want to see some of the young receivers, you know, I want to see Alan. I want to see how special can he be on a special teams, you know, standpoint of it in Tensionly all those guys, I want to see who are going to be that bubble guy or the guy that we say, okay, he's good enough to be on the practice squad because we can't you know, you know, we can't risk let someone else get them. But I also want to see those tight ends. I'm wondering where who's the third guy? What is turning going to be that guy this year that we can kind of want to go out there and do some things, you know.
Speaker 1: I think that's an interesting one because it's like with Logan out, a guy that's going to play a lot of football for this team is gonna have to play a lot of snaps. So who's that going to be? Who's going to be out Jude? Is it?
Speaker 2: John bas base Motel.
Speaker 1: I think it's I think it's gotta be. I mean, maybe Cole's got that roster.
Speaker 2: Well, no, no, I say Judd because he does nothing special.
Speaker 3: He's just good at everything. And I know how coach is about blocking. So he's the best blocker at the group. Can we can we say.
Speaker 1: That, I mean, best blocker in the league.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, And I think he's one of those guys. This sneakily fast, didn't you think he is? So like he.
Speaker 3: Reminds me of Jay Novacheck. Just I just do whatever you ask me.
Speaker 4: He's the guy that quietly, if they wanted to throw the ball to him more, he can be very productive in the passing game as well, but they don't. But the times that he has, you'd be like this, I can catch. Just give him enough, you know, give him enough plays in the game where he's going to touch the ball because he can actually, you know, go out there and sneaky and beat some guys. And so y'all love to see what goes on him too. But I think he's he's solidified that he's number two, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: So for me other Titans, it is probably Curtis Hodges because he's the guy at practice. He's got silky smooth out. He's this big six.
Speaker 2: Eight guy, built like a Greek guy.
Speaker 1: I want to see it. I want to see it come together. And sometimes guys need the preseason game for it to come together. Because he's good, he doesn't finish plays.
Speaker 3: There's a like, so you you saying that the switch has it flipped.
Speaker 1: It looks like to me, it looks like you know what I'm saying, Like he still thinking too much. It's like still thinking too much. It's not quite there yet. So I'm hoping get him out to practice, let him, let him just go and then see what happens and maybe you get a good result. But I agree with Tan. Also the receivers you know, Brice and Tremaine, Tinsley, Allen Sample, all those guys are good football players.
Speaker 3: Dammy Brown gots to play too. And I think it's still some room for him. Like I think he's one of them guys.
Speaker 1: Is it real? Is it real?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: So I think he's one of them guys that you're like, all right, well, he gonna make the roster, but we want to see him play in the preseason like he's at he's at that point, like put it like this.
Speaker 1: He's gonna play a lot.
Speaker 3: How can I trust you to go out there and beat number one defenses and you can't in the preseason go beat somebody number twos like I should go out there and dominate the number twos like they number two.
Speaker 4: He winning this year. I don't care what dim and Bryant is gonna sow the world this year. Boy, this is what y'all have been expected from me. He winning this year because I haven't seen a practice yet where he took a step back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but also say this like that's another reason why you got the preseason. It's like, is it fugazi or is it real?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Does he get out there and drop the ball and not look like himself? I think I agree with Tanner like he's looked great. I think he'll continue to look great. The one that I'm going to keep an eye on to in addition offensively is the offensive line. Offensive line depth. I think the offensive line is.
Speaker 3: Why did you say that with like express and did some stink in you? Like yeah, you just your nose crushed up, like.
Speaker 2: You have no faith?
Speaker 4: Fired up?
Speaker 1: I'm because I actually think that they are. They're getting better each if you'll watch those one on ones. You're getting better.
Speaker 4: You got no choice but to get better with the defensive front.
Speaker 1: But I think, but yeah, it's exactly right. So I think they're going to be how they look against like mere Mortals. Yeah, I doubt Miles Garrett is gonna play right. So and then the depth there right, you know, you got Mason Brooks, the guy that I think is really playing really well. Joan Smith is another guy that's been playing really well. And then Braydon Daniels is a guy that struggled a little bit in camp. Does he maybe come to life in the game. And then also the center from Arkansas whose name is case Smith at the moment, yeah, Stromberger, how does he look because he's he's making the roster? Yeah, so you know how how how do those kind of four guys look because I think they're all kind of fighting for that spot and if Sadik plays, how does Chris look like? Those are to me that those are kind of the things to keep an eye on offensively, and I think I think those that second group of guys that just mentioned is going to play a lot of football.
Speaker 2: Well. Who Elvia wins dick guard spot with Sadiq.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they become the dep who whoever loses the job, dem and Cane is Lucas become the majority of your swingman. Depp right there with with Scromberg backing up Nick Gates.
Speaker 1: Also we mentioned we mentioned the receivers right returner. You excited for that.
Speaker 4: Like I said, you know, that's one of the reason why I want to see Cashmere. All I want to see where he how special can he be was on special teams, because I think that's what's going to solidify a spot as a received on his team. On returner has to be big for him. You have to have that already. Pencil didn't say you don't make it here.
Speaker 2: You know you're gonna make.
Speaker 1: Because you have to have Yeah, I guess he does.
Speaker 3: He's gonna have to make a play. He has to make a play. I tell you who I don't want to.
Speaker 1: See, No, no, no, But linebacker is the only one I want to ask you about linebacker, Jamie Davis. What is the expectation of that group? What do you want to see? I guess specifically from Jamen from from the group as a whole, to kind of say like they are where we thought they were there? Where they need to be like.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm gonna tell you how people really think about it outside of this city and football people. If you can't play good linebacker in this D line, how good are you? Because you're never going to be double team. You're never they're never gonna address you first. They always ain't. Nobody gonna be like, let's run the Bible. We need to get second level. No, we need to start at first level. So if you can't run sideline and sideline with this defense, you can't get through gaps.
Speaker 2: I find it very hard for the people that think you could do it.
Speaker 3: So when it comes to the linebackers, we want you to meet your potential, and if the potentially is just.
Speaker 2: Good, so be it.
Speaker 3: We need you to be good behind a great defensive line and what could be a great secondary, So just be good.
Speaker 4: I think, just just speaking on that, that's why Jamie played as good as he played last year. I think he was phenomenal last year. And despite some of the stuff that was said earlier in the season, yeah, he flew around. Now when things hit the fan, when you know, Hokum got out the game and now he had to have a larger role, I think he still showed up. He wasn't playing his traditional you know position all the time. But I still feel like, man, when you had that front five, man put me in line.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's I'm gonna get in there.
Speaker 4: I might be coming lower every time, but.
Speaker 2: Chance your chances. I'm sorry, And that's how people are gonna look at it.
Speaker 3: You gotta ask yourself, if your offense about to play us, who are you worried about?
Speaker 1: I mean, no question about a defensive line.
Speaker 2: Right, that's where every things start.
Speaker 1: So also with Jamie, he's been flashing a little bit in practice. Again, it's the consistency, like he flashes huge splash, plays big hits and you're like, is that the right run fit? Is he in the right spot in coverage? So I'm curious to see how he looks in the game situation when versus a simplistic offense, because I doubt the Browns are going to be going crazy out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we can't can't sleep on the Browns.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go online and say the Browns could be one of the most dangerous teams in the AFC next year. You're talking about Washington had a year back to come back. You're talking about them. They signed Elijah uh from the Jets just more more eligah more, and they got a money coop, I mean a money coop they got in joke, at the tight end position. They got Nick Chubb, one of the best becks, if not.
Speaker 2: The best back in the league.
Speaker 4: Kareem Kareem dint comeback, So I said, so, so you know now how much of that.
Speaker 1: Plays an effect on Chubb and curiousness, I'm not saying. I guess. I guess. The thing I'm thinking about with Cleveland is like how much of the starters gonna play? Like, you know, what's their plan?
Speaker 3: We're very similar because our quarterback is we both got starters that still need reps, like the Shaun still needs reps, like he ain't old the Shaun yet, and I think he's I think this summer probably help him get back there. Nothing but football, but Steve, I would not be shocked if they played him reps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I guess that makes a lot of sense. And the backups there are not great. It's like Kellen Mond and you know, oh the kids from say your guy, my god, Bruin's hyphen up hyphen hyphen something.
Speaker 2: Thomas Thompson, You're not really a Brewin fan because I know I stay bulleted out. I'm just being mine it. But Dorian Thompson, I mean Dorian what's his name? Thumps?
Speaker 1: Also, Big Dwan Jones is on the Cleveland Browns Thanos himself.
Speaker 2: So being he didn't he looked kind of slow footed.
Speaker 1: You know, it's crazy. He looks slow footed in college, but his length and his strength like it's unbearable. And so the thing about him is like I was watching him because I was doing an eval for somebody, and I was like, he's like he's like a starting tackle and he's just like a sugar And I was like watching their line and that's that Bill callahandle line just dudes just grinding, getting after it, perfect technique, understanding how to use different sets. So I do think I'm really excited to see our two's against there too, Yes, And I'm excited to see if there're ones play like that's a good that's a well coach offensive line that that they do a lot in the run game. Yeah, he's a little different in terms of pin pool stuff. Yeah, so I'm excited to see what that looks like.
Speaker 3: Do you know what we used to Kyle taking the Browns to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I means asking the question.
Speaker 1: I'm yeah, but I mean is that appropriate for this? Before we get there? Let's hold that thought. What is the score of the game gonna be? I don't really care, what does it matter?
Speaker 3: I think it matters because I will back up is better than theirs.
Speaker 1: We just talked about good. They're a lot of their backup quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: Not good.
Speaker 3: No, I'm saying Jacoby said it's one of the better backup quarterbacks, so I assume he gets most of the reps.
Speaker 2: I think they put our offense in a better position.
Speaker 3: And I think we have some defensive players that feel like they should be first team with Ridgeway, Percy Butler, Casey here, these are start. These guys with start the reps. So I'm saying maybe we added them out. We got a lot of emotion going on, a lot of momentum that the crowd behind us.
Speaker 2: I say, we go in there and win twenty four to ten.
Speaker 1: Actually that feels good because that Cleveland's offense until Dorian Thompson Robinson got in looked back.
Speaker 3: Because they look terrible because they like they like Elementary, like they like I for Mason, Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: Also killing Mad is not. I don't know if he's like a real like backup quarterback.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: We'll see. That's what I.
Speaker 2: Really don't trust Texas in the A and M quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: You know, So I agree, I think that what do you think? That's how good.
Speaker 4: Story it's it'd be lopsided some times preseason a lot of points all the time. You might get a seventeen ten or twenty twenty ten game. Who knows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you never know, right, I never know. They might be like Jacobe has a good drive and it's like, all right.
Speaker 4: That's second third squawk of my dad is thinking, and just blow it up.
Speaker 1: They always used to kill me in the locker room after when the when the coach was like, hey, guys, you know, like that's a good win. You know those guys did a good job.
Speaker 2: That was terrible.
Speaker 1: You guys lost second. I'm like, how these guys are even.
Speaker 2: Gonna be there?
Speaker 3: Like yeah, but they playing for they like that would make the preseason so passionate that I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: I'm watching it because I know it's gonna be a couple of yellow jackers out there that don't got a that they're gonna be a yellow jail.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's true.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So on that note, best preseason game memory for you, Fred Antenna, I've got one for me, but I'd like to hear from.
Speaker 2: The rookie year first preseason game. That's the only one you actually got butterflies in. Mardy Seanheimer drafted me.
Speaker 3: We were going back to Kansas City for the first game, so it meant a lot to him. If you know Marty, Marty, you can cry on the drop of a dime, him and Dick for meal. They don't need to be at no winding our funeral. They will cry. So Marty crying before preseason. How Marty cried. I looked around and you know Bruce Milvin, Dad Green, They they got on foot in this today. Not finna play in the first game. And I had to go against Snoop Minutes, which was one of my classmates drafted to Kansas City.
Speaker 2: And I never forget.
Speaker 3: They got in the red zone through three fades at me in the row. I broke all three of them up, and that let me know then that I could play in the n UFL.
Speaker 4: I don't know you play the so my rookie year didn't.
Speaker 2: I got hurt.
Speaker 4: I got hurt fan Appreciation night toward my knee, so I missed. Like I didn't play that year until week twelve that and just think how the game, how fast the game.
Speaker 1: Was to me, because that's something fans that understand it does ramp.
Speaker 2: It was light spin, bro.
Speaker 4: I mean it was like I got out there running, I'm like, well, I'm not as fast as I thought I was. But you know, I was hampered a little bit. But my favorite preseason game I can say going forward the next year when I got my first preseason game, I mean it was it wasn't like I went out there and did a whole bunch. I caught a big sixteen to twenty yard dig route, jumped up and made sure I caught it. I did one of those I'm gonna catch this ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, this is my first I got a fall man.
Speaker 4: I jumped up and that thing hit my chest and I secured it and came down. I could have kept running, but it's preseason. I was just happy to make the catch. And this is my second year, really my first year playing in it, you know, the preseason game. So I was just started.
Speaker 1: Started, started the game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I started the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys get hot dogs and stuff afterwards.
Speaker 4: Man, you know, I can't remember the bracket With the Jets, we didn't do a lot of that stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh really, no, we was.
Speaker 4: He's a different team.
Speaker 1: How about here talk here man, hot dogs.
Speaker 2: Some flowers, not burgers. Not with Marty Schottenheim.
Speaker 3: Well him on my coach, he was, you came when we had when we had Gibbs. All right, so Gibbs, Gibbs ain't no, he ain't know. He would just getting back into the foe. He said at the time that coach.
Speaker 4: G would have known, he would have been he would damn show totally. Boy, we better not better not come outside with those damn So.
Speaker 2: What about you? What's your what's your preseason?
Speaker 1: But my preseason experience was much different. I remember we were playing the Bills, I think my first game, and basically like I didn't stand on the sideline the whole time, and the whole time I'm doing like sprints and running back and forth because they're like, logan, you're gonna be ready to go, gotta be ready, Hey, next drive, you're up, And it just was like so I'm like a full sweat, like just ready to rock, and.
Speaker 2: It ain't played a day, so I'm out.
Speaker 1: There dripping sweat, wasn't it hoigh That day? It was a pretty good game, shogging water, going crazy and then like like I remember watching film with Kyle afterwards, He's like, who is this psycho? Because the sidelines you could see gross and so it's it's it's the fourth quarter. We got to go on a four minute drive to win the game. Or it was not not quite the fourth quarter. It was like middle of the fourth court and they're like, all right, Logan, you're in and I am geaked right, like this is my time. I got to make the squad here. And that poor son of a gun on the other side had no idea what was coming for him because I was like, you know, you know, I used to practice like an absolute cycle, and so I get out there like I think this is the super Bowl. This dude, first play, dumped him over somebody like over the pile, shoved him the ground. This poor guy, like he's been you can tell he's exhausted. Next play, same thing. We're driving the ball down. My hammet pops off. I tackle some dude to the ground, like I'm bleeding from my forehead. The whole thing. I was out of my mind.
Speaker 2: You went, you went Logan, you went ham On.
Speaker 1: And so the thing was like and it was all blocks. It was like nine blocking plays in a row. Like everyone wants to everyone wants to leave the stadium, and so they're just like trying to get the ball snapped his you know, like, yeah, let's get out of here running due twenty seven. You have to try to say in the moment, and like this poor dude on the other side was exhausted, and so like I remember thinking, like, man, it's pretty easy.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have to take it to him. You have to take it to him.
Speaker 1: Again every every play, every player.
Speaker 3: How bad is that as a player, All three us explain how bad is it to know that you got somebody cut into pre seas?
Speaker 2: Oh dude, I mean it was good riching for me. But I was like one of us had to go down.
Speaker 4: I never even thought about him. I don't care.
Speaker 1: Lest I mean, well, you're you're playing with the starters.
Speaker 2: But I'm just saying ships.
Speaker 4: Got their position, took him because of because of something that they did against me. But you don't really it's like you're in a situation, life of death. It is either him or me, right, I mean that's how.
Speaker 1: I look at That sounds crazy, but that's honestly, like, that was the mindset when I was running.
Speaker 2: Oh that's my mindset. I don't think.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: I like to think layered stuff.
Speaker 3: So I would get home after the last preseason game and I would always like to be thankful that this ain't my last game. And then I would think to myself, sixth Vicinity, dudes, dream just die.
Speaker 4: But look, no, you've never been in the situation until you've been in the situation. I never experienced having to play in the third game when we had four games. That third game was mostly for the people that had to make the make the roster.
Speaker 1: Fourth game, dude, well the fourth.
Speaker 4: Game is a little different than the third game. The third game, it's addressed as a guy who've been here first round pick play is going to play. You don't play the second half here, I am playing the second half of my last year. Hear, and I'm like, I went in the game. First of all, I win in the game mad because I knew I didn't get in the game, So that was already my moment of saying.
Speaker 2: Your emotions already played me this year.
Speaker 4: You know it tried me. So me and me and ike, me and I had a little way of communicating. When I was talking, he looking at me like and basically his expression was like, oh, je you see this. And I'm looking I'm shaking my head like and I'm saying to myself trying.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: And so I get in the game, playing against the Ravens we at their stadium. I get in the game and I'm like wanting to get these little young.
Speaker 2: Cast the business.
Speaker 4: Two plays bing bing, third play, touchdown, got somebody cut this what?
Speaker 2: I spin the ball over on the.
Speaker 4: Sideline DJ like Tanner boy, they tripped.
Speaker 2: I say no.
Speaker 4: Me and Jay grew and look at each other. He say, I don't need to see no more like you damn right, you don't need to see no.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 4: I was furious, and so Sean if they come over to me, you know Sean and I know he was just doing what he had to do. He's like, all right, tan On, you are you good? You don't you know? I have to go back out there. But I want to say, Sean, y'all, like you know why y'all tried me like that, and then I realized, because you know, the media will tell you so that somebody set up they camera and show they mic in my face. After the game, was like, so, how does it feel to be on the bubble? They not to know if you're gonna make the squad. I said, well, first, I ain't know I was on the bubble.
Speaker 2: Niggall the ball.
Speaker 4: The way they played me tonight, that'd be their decision. They gonna cut me because I could play anywhere, you know. And Jay told me, like going into the locker room, like, man, I really didn't need to see you. But with the guys we have, you know, we're trying to, you know, see what I want to put you out there, I don't need to see it. Next week you made the team. I was like, you couldn't even have to tell me I made the team, because if I didn't make your team, I was gonna make somebody else's team. But I understood what was going on with bringing in Andre Roberts down and getting d Jack on a humbum. We basically took Andre Robins position, slid him in front of me because he's a young guy and got paid more and d Jack got his. You know, it was just a number thing. I didn't understand how that felt until I was in that situation.
Speaker 1: Reminded me of so when I was in Atlanta. It was my tenth year, my tenth preseason, right and I was out there with I looked at the huddle and I was like, I'm about to get cut because it's me. You're ten and a bunch of like rookies.
Speaker 2: The first year.
Speaker 1: Way we were out there, we like didn't have enough old lineman or something. So they got d lineman playing old line and they got and I'm literally standing there like on the ball and I had to go through and like tell every single person what to do. And I was like, this is like there's no way you're making this team. Like there's no way, and like it was just like it was just such a surreal experience because it was like the first quarter and I was like, I have to play a whole game, not get hurt and try to make another team. You know what I'm saying. It's just like it's just like this this super clear awareness. You're like, Okay, well screw.
Speaker 4: I took my head off to you guys. Y'all had to have dann y'all head because that was my first experience of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it was you.
Speaker 4: It was your fourteen, so you would say, you would say we damn ten year fourteen. Him, No, I mean I care less cause I'm running circles around the cast as out here, eight year fourteen. So I just didn't feel that that was appropriate because I feel still it's guys I played with that had long careers. They knew before they went into a game what was going on. Yeah, not to know, and then putting that that's the worst feeling ever.
Speaker 3: Though, Hey, you hear that that old spiritual change gonna come?
Speaker 2: Then you on your land in the seague?
Speaker 4: I was, I know?
Speaker 3: Did I like the reap were coming from me? I just take out running out of the l the time.
Speaker 2: Don't show now, I tell you.
Speaker 1: The land of the dude came and got me in the shower. When I was shower, I was but naked, naked you came in and grabbed me. I got to see it. I was like, my God, like you can't wait time.
Speaker 2: In here with a pitchful come on close and n dead man. I wanted you say I'm gonna make him weak. I'm gonna take this.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna take it longer, use every piece of so I told the dude here, I was like, if.
Speaker 3: You ever come looking for me, you better not look it because if you look at me, I'm gonna take out run.
Speaker 2: You know you need my playbook for this to be official. I will run and get I ain't coming back.
Speaker 1: All right, I think that's gonna do it for today. So be sure to rate and subscribe wherever we get your podcasts, and check out our live coverage of Training Camp command Center on the Commander's YouTube page.
Speaker 2: Grow Yow Fruit.
Speaker 1: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and our hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives