Speaker 1: Hey, guys, welcome to another episode of Eating While Broke. I'm your host Colleen Witt, and today we have very special guest, trended Daddy in singer songwriter says is in the building. Hi, It's so nice to have you.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy to be here this podcast.
Speaker 1: This is your first Well just for all y'all listeners that don't get to in person, I will say, as a straight female straight that she is beyond gorgeous. You are so crazy. I said it like eighteen times, like cue, did you see how brady'sy was?
Speaker 2: Hello? Did you see did you see her? She's making me sorry? Yes?
Speaker 1: And now I see why your team we were late. We're running behind schedule and your team blow up my phone and they definitely don't like me because I take it. They started their calls at like eight this morning, I'm and every time they called me, I would just respond back with a text.
Speaker 2: So I'm I hate.
Speaker 1: I don't like calls.
Speaker 2: Why you need to call me when it's textable? It's not textable?
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe gotta have the awkward bie you're done, you're done, or when you tell someone you only have ten minutes left on a call and they continue talking like, yeah, so how long have you been out here?
Speaker 2: It's gonna be two years in like a few months.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: And how do you like it in America in general? Like, I don't know if I would say, like, I love it. I feel like it's definitely so different because you know, in turn it out, everyone is so welcoming, it's very hospitable. Everyone's just, you know, very friendly. And I don't really get that hair like people aren't friendly, They're very to themselves. It's kind of like stampedolfish. So I find it kind of hard to be honest. But I do love like the people that I'm working with, Like, there's so many talented people here, there's so much great opportunity. So I'm grateful to be here. I'm able to do what I want because I don't really have the opportunities that I would if I would intrin it out so nice?
Speaker 1: And then do you want to share with everybody the drinks you tried today that I put in front of you?
Speaker 2: So we tried you who? You? Who?
Speaker 1: I gave her a pink you who guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't really know I feel about pink drinks. It kind of reminds you of pepto bismal, like yeah, totally, yeah, total, But it was actually not bad. This thing right here, yo, this is diabetes and.
Speaker 1: She's referencing the kool aid. She did not like, I'm late.
Speaker 2: I'm sweet, I can't drink it, like how are you?
Speaker 1: And this is not the sweet but that's not I gave her the low sugar version, so I had like that sweet and low flavor, but she still she was not rocking with it, so you know, I just wanted to bless her with some.
Speaker 2: This one is bad. I could drink this one like if I didn't know what it was pink and I was just I would be like, it's good, right, this one. You know, if y'all, if you like it, I.
Speaker 1: Promise you if I find out later that you randomly were craving it, you who would make my da.
Speaker 2: No, you might have really pulled me.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I'd be sucking those down. I found out about you, who's after we had this studio. I only buy the chocolate version. If you try the chocolate version, it's really good. And then I started messing with the pink version, and I was like, oh, I like both, but the if you try the chocolate I promise you you will like this drink. You will be in where are you at Florida right now? You will be at Florida and you will be like, I think I want one. Okay, So I helped you out, No, you really put me on talk to you. So before we get into an interview, I would like to know what you're going to be having me eat today as a dish you once ate when you were broke or still could possibly entertain.
Speaker 2: Now, Yeah, so today for y'all, I broughd the infamous creks on cheese accompanied by booty sauce. If you're from the Caribbean, specifically Trinidad, y'all know cricks and cheese. I even see and like people come on here and they make it like all me broke me. So I'm like, if you're really broke, you all in have all that ingredients, Like you also have oileve ingredients to be making gold baby.
Speaker 1: Exactly. If you broke, you have cheese.
Speaker 2: You have crioks. That's your meal. That's all you have. So this is a staple in the Caribbean community. If you have not to any fridge, your mother don't want to cook, you just want to eat something this way you eat the.
Speaker 1: Cheese and it's basically cheese and crackers, because she went shopping all around looking for it and she could not find this authentic version. So this is a dish I love. Okay, I eat this on a Rando day, and you're right when I don't feel like cooking.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's so easy.
Speaker 1: You don't have to do much easy Sometimes secretly, if you knew me, like behind camera, whenever a guest gives me a dish with like thirty ingredients, I do all the shit talking. I'm like, this, bullshit, this is prorid exactly I have, especially if they're specific on like certain ingredients like labels, I'm like, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. What is it still forty dollars?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I will say though as a credit to some of the guests, they definitely could like stretch those ingredients out to feed a lot more. But I am relieved that you chose a dish that really everyone at home could afford. So go ahead, slice of the cheese, hug me up. And then you did add this.
Speaker 2: Though, Yeah, this this is the essential, the Caribbean essential es pepper sauce, the best pepper social I put this on everything. I have a keychain. My best friend she made me. She knows so much Chella pepper, so she made me a keychain just to put pepper sauce in Twilish. We have it like a touch to my bog and every bog like I just put it on, like that's that's whole bod. This is hold on.
Speaker 1: I'm so is this from?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: This is from?
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's do this. So what are we doing? We're just taking crackers and cheese.
Speaker 2: Yes? Should I cut them off? Okay?
Speaker 1: And then I just take the crackers. I'll take the crackers.
Speaker 2: They're not as good ritz. They break too easily. They're very you see, look at us, they're two fragiles. Creaks is you know most city she's she's you know, she'd.
Speaker 1: Just crooks, crick cricks cr x oh cricks see our I x okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah cheese. Yeah, when I broke, When you broke, you can't be cutting tick cheese. It's ten. You got to make this stretches the cheese.
Speaker 1: I'll be.
Speaker 2: That's privilege. That's privilege. I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it. So for us that have not been to Trinidad, paint me the picture of what it's like.
Speaker 2: Over there, it's like, I don't know, it's just so great people. Everyone is so friendly. Everyone is just willing to do anything for you. Like it's just such a great group of people. You know, we all just show love to one another. Our Carnival we have the best Cannibal and Wilio. If you'll never been to trainingy Connival, we hadny Mecca. So you ever been to Cannibal if you haven't been to Training Cannibal, we just we're great people, Like we just come together. I brought my best friend to Trinidad last year and we got both people. You know, as soon as you're just in like Korean people presents, everyone's friendly. You talk and she's like, you know what I listen like because I just pick up a comments And I'm like, no, that's just.
Speaker 1: Like how people are you know, like your best friend from here? Yeah, so how are you guys best friends? How do you guys know each other?
Speaker 2: So I met her, well, this is a fun fact. I have no social skills. So I have no social skills. So I went on this thing called bumble bff. She's gonna be so mild that I said this because she likes to lie to people. She's like, you can't tell people we met a bumble bff. That's embarrassing. I'm like, who cares?
Speaker 1: I don't care for bumbo is. Isn't it bumble like a dating side?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: She just like a best friend version. See there's a friend vision so.
Speaker 1: You yes, no, yes, so there's the best friend vision. I love that she's embarrassed by it.
Speaker 2: For really, I wouldn't care.
Speaker 1: Like, so you went on there to find a friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I had just moved. I don't know anybody. I'm in a new city. Like how do I?
Speaker 1: I don't even know you could do that?
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was like I was on TikTok and I was like, how do I make a friend? Like? How do I? Because, as I said, I have no socials, so I can't just be.
Speaker 1: Going going like that. We'll be walking down the streets, She'll start talking to strangers and I'm like they're all like, no, you're not doing it.
Speaker 2: I have no So she she is queen of socials. I don't know how she does it. But to me, like, ever since I came here, everyone's stand off and she was like, I'm not trying. You know, been going up to people one day, you know, doing any kind of extra stuff. So I'm like, let me go on my little bit at ff bumble app and I met her.
Speaker 1: So wait, when you were going on this app, did you meet a bunch of different people and then you synced with her?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yeah, it was definitely okay, okay, So.
Speaker 1: Can you told me about a couple of year experiences?
Speaker 2: So I had this one gul. She was super nice at fous But like, I don't eve been to Miami. The whole thing for me with Miami is everyone is just like party and everything is party party.
Speaker 1: So I'll say this though Miami, there's a lot of beautiful people there right.
Speaker 2: It's it's non stop party and everyone just went to the club. They going on boats and like I you know, I like my little fish, but like y'all don't want to do anything else, Like you know, you don't want to go on a little picnic, go and paint some pots, like you know, do something else. And it was hard for me because like they would only want to just be outside. Oh you good, So and so is going hey you know, Like it's just kind of like I was focused on what I was doing. I just wanted to you know, have a friend I could do fun and adventurous things with. So that was kind of like my struggle finding gun and she was perfect, Like her first thing and her BI was like, don't message me if you want to potty. I was like, that's for me, right, that's right there.
Speaker 1: So then what was that conversation, like, hey, do you want to be friends or how does that work? Because that is a very unique way to find a friend.
Speaker 2: I let you mentioned. I was like, we need to be friends. That's what I said. They first mess just like we need to be friends, and then I think we met up like the next day. Really I could have been kidnapped. She could have really been someone who could have kidnapped me free, I have no there was no stranger danger going on.
Speaker 1: And did you're camp the people that you're working with, the signed to and have productive deals with where they like be careful finding friends on did they know you were doing this? Do they know this at all? Right now?
Speaker 2: This story? I don't think they do?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: Because she did? She don't be telling people. She's like, you can't be We met on bumble BF. So I'm like, okay, girl, like to be like, holy on me and she's like, well, you know, I'm like, if you want to light to them, be my guess. I am not doing that.
Speaker 1: So you took it to Trinidad. That's a good friend trip. That was nice.
Speaker 2: It was it was she had so much fun. Like we she played corn, you know, feathers.
Speaker 1: She wore the whole pasture.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you want to see a pic after? Yeah, like she there's someone like the Newspeople interviewed though, like she was only one race?
Speaker 1: Is she she's white?
Speaker 2: This white? Yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 1: And she dressed the whole costume.
Speaker 2: The whole thing. I had to teach her all to whine. We had soker class every day. I had to show she when I tell you, she was a lost course at the beginning. Sis couldn't give. There was no gyrating going on, there was there was nothing going on. I really had to. You know, Grindy cares for some more in Hawaish you know. Now she can wind, she can wind, like, okay.
Speaker 1: You gotta say the I'm sure anyone that's Lesson's gonna want to see what she looks like.
Speaker 2: Now. She's so pretty too.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you took her there and she got Now does it feels like to her, does she feel like it's Trinidad is a place that she's gonna want to continue to go.
Speaker 2: So Colin, it was next week and I was like, you're talking to and she's like, I'm so sad I missing Connorble like we should be there, Like I want to go. I'm like girl, and she's calling home. She's like, I miss home. I'm like, girl, you're from Tampa. When you made it, you're from Tampa. Let's take it up. She's staying to like if people ask away, she's telling them Trinidad. I'm like, girl, you've been at one time.
Speaker 1: Spoken like a true American.
Speaker 2: It was so funny. I was like, you're really and your colonize the air. That's why she's white.
Speaker 1: I'm like, girl, okay, let meeh, pug me up.
Speaker 2: This is your plate. I'm gonna fix your plate.
Speaker 1: Oh you have mine up?
Speaker 2: Are cute?
Speaker 1: Okay? Thank you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I got shere and then't know how to make Christian. She bougie, but we gonna see.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you have a song out right now called two Shots. Okay for the listeners that haven't heard you sing, are you down to give us a little hum of a note. I know, I know, I'll give you a lot of sugars and sweets and no water and nothing that would help your vocals.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: You just show me deep and I am throwing, look how presentable you really try?
Speaker 2: And I'm really trying hear, Like.
Speaker 1: Does everyone dress and have that stylist flair that you have INND in Trinidad.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say like exactly yes, but I do like to. I try to blend it, like I want to incorporate my style with like always some kind of Caribbean influence. You know, that's very important to me. So they do have elements like the belt that I'm wearing stuff that is very Cribban, like I feel like my auntie would put that on. I love to dress like I would like to have some kind of Caribbean auntie element in my outfit. So it definitely has inspiration from the Caribbean, but not fully like You're not gonna go down the sheet and be like, oh yeah, that's such af you know.
Speaker 1: Well says the first thing I noticed was your nails and I was like girl, And then like all the accessories and everything, I was like, I want to steal all that it's so cute.
Speaker 2: I'm giving it to you here. You're waiting for the cube.
Speaker 1: Don't forget it though, figures take it back, Okay.
Speaker 2: You sure, no, I'll try it on. Put it on you.
Speaker 1: I want to put it all the way on because I'm scared.
Speaker 2: You're good. You sure scared. I tried it you though, Thank you.
Speaker 1: It's so cute. I'm going to go home and.
Speaker 2: Be like, I can't function with diesel. The hard to function.
Speaker 1: Really, it's so cute. Okay, so you plated it. It looks cute. Oh, you're going to put it on the side.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I don't want it to touch them. I'm not a big like things touching, you know.
Speaker 1: Oh really I am all right there you go. Look it looks beautiful. Guys, you would have been sad if it touched I see you trying to stomach it. Okay, you played it this nice?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I tried. Is this it's not? I don't know. I mean, I don't want to speak for you, because I did give it to American and they thought it was spicy. But my white friend she she be.
Speaker 1: Hilarious. I wish she was here. I'm gonna try dip in this hold on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me know. If I don't think it's spicy, it's flavorful, you know. Just do you think it's spicy? Are you?
Speaker 3: Is there?
Speaker 2: No, you're joking? Are you? Are you? You're joking?
Speaker 1: That is dynamite? What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: What do you mean? It's just like a little you know what added flavor. It's not so much.
Speaker 1: I went like this.
Speaker 2: I went like this, Yeah, see, it's not as bad. It's it. I feel like, I feel like you're not dipping it properly. I feel like you need to just you need it supposed to be only cheese, so you pretty cheese and you just do a little touch on the cheese. She'll touch, Yeah, that's good, and then you put it on the.
Speaker 1: Kraco It's look. Look, I'm surviving it. But it did hit my whole mouth.
Speaker 2: There we go. I'm screaming.
Speaker 1: No, that's legal.
Speaker 2: Really wow, I'm sorry. I just tried to kill those attempts at Moodio this witness.
Speaker 1: I would not ever tell anyone that's not spicy. I don't think I see what you're saying. It's like a flavor bomb of pepper. But I'm just curious what happens if I put like a little, I'd.
Speaker 2: Be doing nothing. Like if I eat it, I'm like scooping it. I want is a custom.
Speaker 1: I just want to try, just to see if I live.
Speaker 2: Okay, I believe in you. Okay, Okay, that's too much.
Speaker 1: That's too much.
Speaker 2: That's how much do you do?
Speaker 1: You said you do scoops.
Speaker 2: Not that big of a scoop, but how big is your scoops? I mean, let's get to business. Yeah, that was reasonable. I put it on.
Speaker 1: And she's a professional, and this is how much she puts on the cracker. Everybody can see that, like, this is what I do. This is a professionally, Like this is my bite. Okay, hold on, hold on, let me. I got a thick piece of cheese to save my life. Okay, and then you put it on, yeah.
Speaker 3: And you just go bite.
Speaker 1: He was like it was very good, Like for all you listeners at home that have never had this stick to cheese and crackers though, I mean, it's it's got a flair, but it tastes like pepper pepper boblem like if you know, if you can imagine a dynamite stick, that's what it is. I mean, it's doable. I'm gonna do it because I want to feel whole. Mm hmmm, boo, I won't right for the element mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do it, but I.
Speaker 1: Love that no pepper, you love what the kool aid? Finally pepper?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, it's just so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no way, it would be my key chain. No, you know what. Someone put me onto this sauce.
Speaker 2: Hold up, let me see, let me see.
Speaker 1: I like trying things with you. Oh good, guys.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: We're gonna try this. Someone gave us this sauce season you know what. I don't want you to know the names of these sauces. I'm not gonna let it touch anything. Okay, let's see if you like this.
Speaker 2: I like this so I don't know I feel about this being so is it green seasoning?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: What isn't it?
Speaker 1: I'm not telling you to you bite it? Okay, all right, do the same hook up.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's see. I'm not a faab. These smell already, these smellers already a bit concening.
Speaker 1: Like, I don't know, I think you're gonna like this here. I'm gonna try it too. I want to do it the way you're doing it, hold up kind of smells I.
Speaker 2: Could have green season. We going okay.
Speaker 3: To me?
Speaker 2: I like yourself to mean I don't taste like nothing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, because you don't have taste buds anymore. Ye noatus, it's hilarious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't really for your listeners.
Speaker 1: This is a halburnaro or hot sauce, and it tastes like kool aid compared to her pepper sauce.
Speaker 2: I promise you if you like a little spice, so you will like this.
Speaker 1: If you eat hot peppers and like it's nothing like it's cherries, you will love that pepper sauce.
Speaker 2: It's not that bad.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, what what kind of can I see that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Go for it.
Speaker 1: Scotch bonnets Okay, Scotch bonnet. Yeah, if you can eat Scotch bonnets, this is your sauce. If you cannot, and you're like me, you can eat this sauce, but after you eat Scotch bonnet sauce, you won't be able to taste this sauce anyways. This say, is like nothing. I don't even taste.
Speaker 2: It exactly those first No, because it just don't have a flavor.
Speaker 1: No, because you don't have taste it all right, So now we've we've learned that you don't have taste buds, but you could sing true, this is very delicious. You know what this kind of reminds me of, Like, what have you had pepperoni and cheese and cracker I do you would like it?
Speaker 2: Really? I do like pizza leagles what they're good?
Speaker 1: I really like them. You should just do like food, like trying different foods every day, people be say, just to see how you react. Okay, so tell me how does a girl from Trinidad end.
Speaker 2: Up in Florida.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm gonna keep eating this, by the way, even though I think I'm semi addicted to the pepper sauce only because I can't taste anything.
Speaker 2: So for me, I always used to love singing since I was small. I would be singing powang. I would be, you know, in the choir, singing hymns. Any chime to sing, I will be singing. I mean, I always love singing. But you know, you're from the Caribbean and he's from a small island. You don't think you could actually, you know, do anything with it. You know, Caribbean parents either gonna be a lawyer or doctor. Pick one like that was your choice. That's all they want you to do. The don't want you to do anything else. You tell let me you want to do music, They laughing at you. So I always wanted to do music, but I didn't really have that support, like from my family. It was always like I studied on sciences like I was supposed to do, like medicine.
Speaker 1: Like, so, I'm guessing you chose a doctor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my dad's a doctor. I'm like, so, so you really had to be a doctor, Okay, yeah, so I like I was doing sciences. I had no choice, like I have to do sciences, Like, well, you have to be you have to do And I kind of was fully in it until like when I started doing university. I was like, I don't know if I really want to, Like I don't want to do this, Like this is not for me. And I told like my dad.
Speaker 1: And did you tell him over the phone?
Speaker 2: I didn't know. I told him. I told him in person. He was kind of just like we're uh, one on one. Yeah, he wasn't trying to he wasn't trying to hear it.
Speaker 1: You had a lot of faith in yourself and him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was safe.
Speaker 1: Hey, dad, I don't want to be a doctor, surprise, but I want to be a singer.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He literally was like girls, shut the hell up. But though he literally was like I don't know about this, like because I mean, why would you know your crimean parents, It's not it's not something that happens every day. So I basically ended up during COVID. My dad ended up going to Florida, Like he got stuck in Florida during COVID, so he was there. I was kind of stuck in Trinidad buy like me and my brother alone, like the house alone. He was kind of just day by Ason.
Speaker 1: Where's her mom?
Speaker 2: She was like she was in Trinidad, but we didn't really like see her as much. We were kind of in like where my dad stayed. So me and my brother were there and like we had to like find ways to like you know, pay for like you know, the light, build different stuff. So I ended up like really like posting a lot on Instagram. I would just post like pictures, a bunch of things. And then I got reached out to by this really like the biggest artist in Trinida, Marshall Montana, and they were like what they want me to be in a video and I had never like done a music video before, but I was like, you know, it's my Montana. I'm gonna go. And I was like, you knowly background, I was like, I'm gonna tell him I want to do music and I want to see, like if you would listen, you know, tell me if it's even with my time. So I go there and me and Marshall, you know, be very He's very nice. He's very friendly, and I tell him, like, I really want to do music, like would you listen to some stuff that I did, and you tell me if it's something I should like do even try and pursue. And he's like, send it to me and I'll let you know. Mind you. At the time, I had no phone, Like my phone had broke right before COVID started. I'm like, who could afford to buy your phone in COVID. So the entirety of COVID, all I had was a iPad. The only way you could contact me was Instagram. I had no phone. I had nothing like, couldn't go and make no kind of content. I had no phone, nothing like. It was. It was a lot.
Speaker 1: So I sent your dad is.
Speaker 2: All the way to Florida. Yeah, it's literally just like me and my brother. So I send him, I send him these songs and I just sent him from my mom's phone, like I had to go to her house get to send it from her phone and like wait to hear feedback. And so he finally calls my mom's phone and like I have to like tady from her and be like okay, yeah, what do you think? And he like takes a week. So I already felt like he forgot about me. I was like, you don't even studying me, you don't even taking me on. He calls me, He's like I listened to your music. Oh my god, you have an amazing voice, like this is this is incredible. You actually have an opportunity to, you know, leave Trinidad and do something bigger than this. You need to leave, need to pursue your craft, like you just need to work on yourself and you could go so far. I'm here not from him, Like I was shocked, you know, because this man is the biggest face in Trinidad, like he is Marsha Montana. So when I heard, I was like, Okay, that's my confirmation. You know you have some self double you hear someone like that tell you, okay, you could actually pursue this. I was like, you know what I'm doing it. I told my dad, I'm like, as soon as you first flight from Trinidad like opens up, because he bored us We're closed. Our borders were closed like an extra year from like America, yours open like a year before always.
Speaker 1: Did really Yeah, how long were you guys in COVID two years or one two?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So as soon as he bought US open, I had to I checked it up there, like I was only second flight. The second day that he bought US open. I went, I came up here one time and like.
Speaker 1: You came to Florida, Yeah, did you tell your dad that you were you were going to produce yes for you got on the plane. Yeah, he said okay.
Speaker 2: He was like okay, because what Marshall said, he was like okay, you know, like he was kind of most part He's like, you're not just gonna tell you that, So he was kind of sid to be more supportive. And I came up to Florida. As soon as I got there, I started to like go to a different studios, like message a bunch of people like oh, I want to work with you just see who I could, you know, get in contact with. And my dad ended up knowing someone who is an engineer. His name is Nigel, who's like my really good friend now he's a family friend. And he told me to come to this studio and like just sing, just sing some songs. And he was like, you know, see if you want to like help me out or you know, work with me, and like I sung for him and he was like okay, yeah, we were doing this and since then he's like been my engineer. He's like hit Maker's injinee so like heki does all the hitmakers stuff. So he was like, yeah, we're gonna we're gonna make this week. I never knew how to write, like like full on, like write songs just like from scratch. He literally sat me down and I was like I want to learn, Like just teach me. I'm all about learning like anything. I sent my mind to him like I'm gonna figure out how to do it. I can rhyme sentences before like I couldn't do anything. He was like this, who works this. I sat at the table like I was like I'm not leaving a table until I write like a full song like I'm not leaving, and I did it. I did that, and I wrote three songs and I just started sending it to everybody, like I sent it to a bunch of different like companies and that's how Neo heard my song because I sent it to them too. I was like, I'm any clas that I can reach out to, like.
Speaker 1: I'm you're sending it, you're dming or emails. Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I'm just fine. And everybody emails like anybody would have email at touch anything like me, I don't play. I'm like I'm gonna get it. So they reached out to me and they're like, okay, like will we heard yourself really like if we want to, you know, hey, how you saw them live? And so they literally flew me to Las Vegas like a day after.
Speaker 1: Old Neils camp or yeah, we tart out to Compound entertainment. We love those guys, always love those.
Speaker 2: Guys, big up them, and so they flew me there to Las Vegas. Was like, okay, you need to write a song to this, Like you need to write a listen to this song in like like a few hours, do this recorded, and then we're gonna decide if we want to move with you some hype of ventilation. Mind you, I never been in a different time zone before. Las Vegas is a whole different times so I'm like trying to deal with jet log I don't have to do that.
Speaker 1: Give you how many hours a couple?
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, he was like. Trio was just like, I'm like, honest, Neo on the songs. It's like, I'm singing the hook on the this list, and I'm like, what am I supposed to do?
Speaker 1: Like but Neil? Now, Neil was a songwriter for like a kazillion years, so like that's a hard I shouldn't even know. Just admitting a song that he would even listen to, You're like, oh my god, this guy's gonna listen for all the.
Speaker 2: I was like, how am I gonna write something that's good enough? Like because here his paut was ready on it. So I'm like, okay, how do I you know, like, how do I?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: His part was already on it?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, one day, hell, am I gonna say all this not gonna compete with what he wrote? You know? And I'm just like they're stressed and all, Like I would I find O my brother came with me because he's also really talented. She was like, relax, relocks. He helped me write.
Speaker 1: I was like, is your brother they were younger, younger, okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like he came, He's like relax. She's just being really like supportive. And I went in. I recorded it, and after recorded, they were like, we look, you want to take Neil off this song and just like give it to you because they like they like my stuff so much. They were like, we actually want to hear more of you on this song, like we want to take like some of what he did. I'm like, shit, okay, Like.
Speaker 1: I was feeling myself for the win, Okay, I like this story.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So then they decided we want to work on That's kind of what got me here today. I've been working with them for like a year now, and that's oh man, well.
Speaker 1: They I saw I to Shan. I was doing some other stuff with Sashan and he mentioned you, So I started following you. That's how I know all your stuff, Like, oh, you actually know alliced that I've been following you. But to Son, he was like, take it care of her, be careful with her all this stuff. I'm like design I got this and then I didn't take.
Speaker 2: Any of this. He's like, why does the lady ignored me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that camp is really loyal, like really loyal. Like once you're cool with them, you're good for life.
Speaker 2: It's so true. They really are. They really are.
Speaker 1: So what are some of the like downfalls that you've hit so far in the industry.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say I've had that many downfalls in the industry. I feel like they major downfalls. I I was just even getting here to begin my journey, like being stuck in COVID, having no phone, like having to do all these like random side jobs because like everything was closing COVID. You couldn't get a job. It was like really hard to Like.
Speaker 1: How old were you at that time? Like I was not trying to age you, but he's like really nineteen, yeah, okay, So I was like I was like, what the heck?
Speaker 2: I didn't know what to do. So I was just stressed. So like because my dad is away, it's just us, Like he was really like he wasn't talking to us, like we was just usday and we were like we are like children, like what are we supposed to do? And so that was really stressful, like we were struggling. This was all me, like we have none to eat. This is all like this was like we had when you have no buddy, because like you are like like this what we were eating. So that's kind of how it was really hard. Like I didn't have a phone until I go to America. I was so happy I got this one. I was like, I have a phone, like you know, excited, and I was also happy to have my little phone, Like it was really great, Like that whole process of just getting here, like applying for a visa all of that, like so you.
Speaker 1: Guys have to have to do a work visa and all that. Now does the whole Trump thing scare you at all?
Speaker 2: Just? Yeah, I literally had a night man I got the pot, Like really, yes, it's so scary. I hope that nothing, you know, I don't hope nothing changes and the realm of what I have to do, but it's very scary.
Speaker 1: My mom is jamaking, as you know, and she didn't get her citizenship till last year. I was like, Mom and dad, what have you been doing for thirty years? And you didn't fill out this family word the whole time? But they do make it like if you have like my mom, they had found some kind of like she did something and got her in trouble or something. They trying to track it from when she was like twenty or something, and Eric Chryna, she was like, I don't even think that's me, and they were trying to hold up her whole everything for that. So they can be a little weird, you know. So but that's not gonna happen to you all.
Speaker 2: Let's pray. Let's say pray because I really don't want that. That's what works.
Speaker 1: So you're fine. So then, like, what who else have you worked with so far? Outside of Neon?
Speaker 2: You know, Stargate. I had a session with them. We did a really cool song. I did two songs with them, and they really loved it. They have a school, I don't know. They have a school hair called Lamp where they only accept like fifty people and they basically like it's either for artists, writers or producers, and they just like it's an intensive, like nine month course where they have to like make songs every week. And they love my songs so much. They brought all of like their students in I'm like made them do gang vocals on the course and my song, I was like, that's.
Speaker 1: So sweet, like I first, So it's like a natural fit for you. Now, does the songwriting prices process feel easier to you?
Speaker 2: I feel like it is easier. I definitely have like my own way of writing, Like I don't like I don't like when it's a bunch of people in a room, like I feel like flustered. I kind of need to like collect my thoughts, like I'm very I need like quiet. I can't function like a noise. So I do say like I still need that kind of to myself because I have like songwriters to friends, like they'll be like everyone is screaming around and be like no, no, no, no. I'm like, how the hell can you all even like think when I can't. I can't do it.
Speaker 1: So I can't even write, Like if you were to talk to me while I'm texting, I would be like retexting everything. Yeah you know what I'm saying. I like, I can't multitask.
Speaker 2: It's really hard.
Speaker 1: So but when they do do songwriting sessions, they do have like groups of people do it usually.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's like always like one person or two, Like they'll just bring people just to like help understand because it's what I want, you know, is just to help see if they can help me, you know, like get to what I want to do quickly. But it's really cool. I've worked with some really nice people in La so far.
Speaker 1: And how long are you in LA for?
Speaker 2: I'm here till second. I've been here for a month. It'll be a month in the second.
Speaker 1: Oh I got just in time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you would have left. Yeah I was. I leave only second. But I've been here for a whole month and you like it. Yeah, Well, I didn't really get to do anything like fun. It's probably like the most fun I've had since I've hit really because I don't get to go. All I'm doing is like doing week stuff, so I haven't got to expool and nothing like that.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think of some cool stuff stuff you can do. I like to do creative stuff too. Yeah, but I have a three year old, so I live like a kid again. I love that sounds a little crazy, but i'd be like, what fun. They got the largest bounce house out here, the largest. I'm with it.
Speaker 2: I love that. I don't know why, like we somehow made it up. Taking where all the people all the people can't like do kid like yes, Like I want my bady to have a bouone sea house. I want to have goodie bogs and with my snocks when I leave, Like, why we can't have that?
Speaker 1: I feel like we should have that though, Like I feel like once I had a kid, I got an excuse to do it because I promised you I'll be I'll be that parent that look up all the cool stuff and I'm like, yo, let's go do this and then some of the cool places, Like I'm really into VR.
Speaker 2: I don't. I've never tried it. Never.
Speaker 1: Yeah, girl, I'm gonna send you some links. But there's there's like places you can go where it's like all virtual reality and you put on the headsets and you're all in this world.
Speaker 2: That's not scary. I'll be like, well I love it.
Speaker 1: No you won't. No, you won't, No, you won't. If you could eat pepper sauce. I forgot it was pepper sauce for a second and I put it on while you were talking. I was like, I keep going back to it because like my mouth it clears, like the pepper feeling clears, and then I'm like, oh, it's not that bad, and then I go in for more and I'm like, oh no, it's still bad. But every time the pepper goes away, maybe my mouth is healing from the bands.
Speaker 2: It's good. I feel like you'll have a love hate relationship. Yes, we love it.
Speaker 1: You know, I wish you and kool Aid had a love hate relationship.
Speaker 2: Okay, we went with you, you know we baby steps baby steps.
Speaker 1: So are their producers and artists that you want to work with?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, like I love I love you know, like career music. I've always loved Russian and I feel like he's super talented and London only track. I always wanted to work with him. There's so many I feel like I assume you don't even ask him on something and you know the answer as soon as you get asked.
Speaker 1: You Like, that's how I feel when people ask me, like who who's been on the eating will broke?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, oh, oh hell no, yeah.
Speaker 1: I should know the answer, but I can't say now one name. I'll be like that question.
Speaker 2: But a lot of people I wanted to I've had the chance to work with. But those are people that can think of off the top of my head. But there's so much more, like there's so many talented people. A lot of people in the UK. Two they're so talented, the autist only producers it, I feel like.
Speaker 1: And you've been to the UK too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So now since your career is still fairly new, let's go back to home life in Trinidad, Like, tell me more about that and what led you into music.
Speaker 2: Well, my mom when she was younger, she was in a bond, so she would always like do music, Like it was always like in the house. And I feel like you just growing up to your creame, you had a lot of different types of music because there's so much culture, there's so many different backgrounds. You hear all kinds of music. So I always just felt connected to it. In school from like your from the age of four, in like primary school in Trinidad, like you have to be playing pand like you can't even reach the pond and they have you in school like playing pand like you it's always just embedded in the culture, like we always like learning about music. So that's kind of how I would say, how did your mom take it? She's supportive. Now I feel like everyone is a lot more supportive now from jump. It was kind of like, you know, a little I'm not a little shaky, but now she definitely is more supportive. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then with your mom and dad, they're separated obviously, how did it come out where you end up living with your dad and not your mom.
Speaker 2: Well, because she lives in Trinidad still and he is still in Florida.
Speaker 1: So but you said during COVID, like your brother and you were by yourselves and your mom was somewhere else, So how did that happen?
Speaker 2: That was the whole was the whole situation that would but like we were just there for the while and then until like I would we would go there to like to a home from time to time, but she only had two bedrooms, so that we both couldn't go. We wouldn't want to like leave one of like we wouldn't want to abandon one another, so we just rode it, you know, like stay together and stead of you know, just leaving one to go because it felt unfait, you know, So that's kind of what we have to do.
Speaker 1: And then but when your dad was in the state in Trinidad, you guys would just rotate. Yeah, okay, okay, yeah, So and then are your parents close? Are they cool or they not talk?
Speaker 2: They definitely have an interesting relationship.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's definitely interesting.
Speaker 2: I would say, yeah.
Speaker 1: So what is your music about?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: It's really I'm really your love of good my love a gool fez. It's always about music in some way, love music yet so loving.
Speaker 1: So I was like, damn, she must really love music, just just writing songs about how she loved music.
Speaker 2: I'm screwing.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you know, love, heartbreak, you know, just things that you go through in life. Everyone goes too that they can relate to.
Speaker 1: Are you dating now that you're in the States?
Speaker 2: What do you mean by that? Do you mean? What does that mean?
Speaker 1: Are you in a committed relationship?
Speaker 2: Am I'm gonna committed relationship?
Speaker 3: You are?
Speaker 2: God Like, we're very close. I love God Jesus, you know, being a very committed relationship.
Speaker 4: I would say, yes, are you dating? Damn, I'm having you up like, I'm like, yeah, let's say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, when I say gild be the definition you went on bumbo for a friendship?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Do you ever go on bumbo for dating?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Why because you can walk outside and they just fighting each other?
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 2: I don't. I'm really scared of men, genuinely scared of them. So I just you don't see my little bubble. You know. I'm definitely in my me era, like it's all about me. So yeah, I don't be looking for me. Sometimes I would look see like you say, bumble, like I would look, but nothing the intentions of actually going on a date. So it's like, that's what I'm saying, you'll just.
Speaker 1: Be like any of these guys looking like Michael B. Jordan, That's what I would That's what if I was doing it, I were to do the swipes. I'm looking for Michael, that's your type. B Let me tell you something I tell my husband, like, I don't see, I don't. I'm not a cheater. But if Michael B. Jordan does an episode of Eating Wall Broke, let's just say, first of all, she's not cheating. If you tell the person right, I would be like, look, it's there's no exception to every rule. Okay, And Michael be as long as he sounds like how he is in the movies, because you know some of these guys they act a certain way and then in real life they're like, oh my god. Really, like if he talks like that, it's a rap. Michael B. Jordan is immediately kicked off the list. Or if he's an asshole, or if he's too like feminine, or if he's too feminine, then yes, there's stuff he could do that could mess it up.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: But if Michael B. Jordan doesn't talk and has Hella masculinity and then smiles with the dimples, it's a rap.
Speaker 4: Y'all.
Speaker 1: You ain't even got a wonder, You ain't got a question. You know we had that was on the show.
Speaker 2: Who was hella?
Speaker 1: Fun me? Yes, you are beautiful? Mario?
Speaker 2: Oh really? Girl? Yeah? Girl?
Speaker 1: Did you see him in person? I don't think I've seen it. When you see him in person, That's how I felt. Then he showed up and.
Speaker 2: I love him. I love it.
Speaker 1: Do you ever have someone where you see them and they're like, oh cool, cool, Mario showed up A girl.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: He licked the we was making a cake and he was looking that SPECULA.
Speaker 2: Girl.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: I love Watch the Mario episode if you haven't, it is a funny episode because I was like, please ask my number, please ask for my number, please your husband just he gave one of the producers here my number, and I was like, for real, he gave a producer and I was like, on the producer, like, you know, he probably he probably met that.
Speaker 2: Number for me. He definitely was. You should few.
Speaker 1: I think I hear Neo up, like Mario up, like I said something like yeah, just so you know, there was a part of the episode that was kind of no. So we just pulled that part and he was.
Speaker 2: Like okay, and I was like, you're not gonna ask you to.
Speaker 1: Dig like nothing, nothing.
Speaker 2: He didn't give it.
Speaker 1: It was nothing. And I don't remember if I make a good that.
Speaker 2: Day, I think what he's playing again?
Speaker 1: No, no, don't tell me that. One of those No, if you one hit you're not interested, I will gladly take the hand. I'm one of those like if you break up with me, you will never hear from me again, Like, oh breaking up, that's great, and I will go and I will cry for a month to my girlfriends like nauseum. You know, write poems, listen to sad music. But when you see me, poker face, baby, you ain't a perfect I'm never gonna hear no what you're thinking about.
Speaker 2: Never never, No.
Speaker 1: But Mario said you didn't even play the game of flirt whatever you know. But Michael B. I don't know. I made to say, look, Mike, I know you ain't interested, but you know, everyone gotta take one for a team. You can't tell me that you ain't hooked up with somebody you ain't interested in before. I'm sure you had a random night.
Speaker 2: He definitely has.
Speaker 1: I feel like on the street word on the street about Michael B. Boy, I heard me in the streets, yeah, which means I have a shot.
Speaker 2: That's what it is.
Speaker 1: You for the streets and you on my crust for life. I have a shot. Okay, guys.
Speaker 2: See, like I'm at love a girl, I can't have anyone who's for the streets, like I really am too sensitive.
Speaker 1: Good luck in America.
Speaker 2: I know, America man so horrible.
Speaker 1: You gotta go to like a small town like North Carolina. I want to go somewhere small. But if La Miami Gul's tripping, you're.
Speaker 2: Tripping and they're like come no, soub, they don't have a conversation.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: That's why I said the second day opening mouth. You heard me say that, Like Michael B. Jordan's fine, but I know he could mess it up. Just one one wrong over. That's all it takes for men. Men don't realize this. Nob All it takes for you to mess it up for yourself is just opening your mouth.
Speaker 2: It's so real because I would say when you see like you like his characters. There's so many characters that I would see like on TV and I'm like, okay, like we're in love. You're actually my boyfriend. You don't know though we're in love. So like then i would kind of like see some interviews with them and I'm just like, I'm like, you don't have the same energy, like I needed that character.
Speaker 1: Like I heard I hate to do this here. I heard Vin Diesel talks like a valley guy, like oh my god, really, and I was like, Ben.
Speaker 2: Diesel, No, hey, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Michael be I haven't graded my family for such a long time, since I had a crush on him since I was like fourteen. My sister, she is so delusional. She'd be like, you know, he's gonna be your husband, and I'll be like, like, I'm already married, don't worry about that. Like she's still she biteing she really believes in the dream. And then she'd be like, you know, hope you all eating while broke and you know y'all will get married and that's really my brother in law. I'm like, oh, you're a delusional I need.
Speaker 2: People like that around me. I need delusion, you know what I mean? Like, I feel like, does you want to me to be happy in this life? To have a little bit of the notion?
Speaker 1: I have delusional friends because I had one girl. She's like, oh, you got Mars's number and you wanted to fuck girl. Let me tell you what you're gonna do over here, And I'm like, you are not a good friend. I'm going to get a restraining order by accident. They like just show up and say this and yeah, it doesn't creasy. My sister. I let her live in her fantasy world, but she pulls up his profile. I don't I don't know if I follow him or not, but she'll pull up his profile and I'll be like, you know, when you into someone, you'd be like, oh wait, that's what they look like. Oh he wearing an apron. Oh you see the way he played with that life And she'd be like, can I have my phone back? And be like give me a.
Speaker 2: Couple of hours yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: But I could talk about that man. But if you end up, I tell my girlfriends who are hot, like, if we're on a yacht, thank you. If we're on a yacht somewhere, what are we doing and Michael B is interested in you? You know, he comes up to us, he like, I gotta choose and he interests you. I'll say this to your face. What would I would say? You get first and get said.
Speaker 2: It's all you.
Speaker 1: I was, no, No, I will really him in, No, I will.
Speaker 2: I would want study bread so good like he like, I'll be like did you know what she No.
Speaker 1: No, I already told my neighbor. I told my neighbor I will be. You could be the maid, and this will be the time that I accept side. I will be. I will be your side.
Speaker 2: I wonder for you like I was fine. That s it, like I'm a sweet to I'll do girls, Michael No.
Speaker 1: If I told my friends, if we are on a boat somewhere, one of us get picked. When I'm going to be the side, I get it. There's no way you're gonna turn out, Michael B. I hate that like friends where it's like the one hot guy and everybody thinks he's tint and they're like, well you touched. No, Michael B. Jordan is the exception to the rule, and my girls know it. You know, he's probably for the streets. You get a verse and you know what, I will be aside and if we pass them on to the next.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm I feel like, I love that you're willing, but I'm not gonna touch it up. So it's just you like, it's all poor Michael's hating.
Speaker 1: He's like, don't be friends. He's probably watched us. Don't be friends. Don't be friends, don't be friends. Don't be friends please, and the interview we're not friends. Okay, enough about him. Okay, So is there anything that our your fans should know about, says Chimbero.
Speaker 3: Question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like I'm very goofy. People don't know the I got them feel like they know I'm super just. I have like a very dry sense of humor. So sometimes people will see me and be like, oh, she's a bitch, but I'm not a bitch.
Speaker 1: Shen't come off like a bit.
Speaker 2: People think that like most people. Let I know that they'll come on to me and told me like, oh they think my bitch. I don't know, it's them like projecting.
Speaker 1: They're definitely projecting.
Speaker 2: But I've got I got us so many times it's like, oh my god, you're actually like super nice. So you were alsome, Like I just be sitting here.
Speaker 1: I felt like my team was a little shy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like people be thinking I'm like me like I'm gonna bite them or something. I'm so nice. The only thing, like, no one be talking to me, like, oh they're flucking, Like people are scared of me. They don't be talking to me. You should like, no one talks to me like I'm yeah, and guys.
Speaker 1: That's you know how I know it's girls and guys because he was on bumble and we got to roast you and your friend for the rest of your life because she thinks it's bad. But you don't seem to see nothing wrong with it. You find us. But I'm not gonna tell you. I'm not gonna lie. Like if I move to a new state, like I've been considering moving to another state, and I was like, how would I make friends? Like this is a true thought, and I was like, how would I, Like, how do I make friends as an old person? Because that's kind of weird. Hey do you want to be my friend? But I did not know that they had that feature. So now I know if I moved to a new state, God forbid. We are swiping and we see each other and be like, oh, CODs looking for friends.
Speaker 2: It's so good, Like it really is good. I've tell them you can be good people on there, like actual friendship.
Speaker 1: You made one friend, I made one friend.
Speaker 2: I made like a few friends, but like that's just my you know my.
Speaker 1: Do you ever introduce the friends?
Speaker 2: No, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't really cross conteminating, yes I love Yeah I don't. But I recently I had two So I have two best friends in New York, right, and they never really met each other because I went to two different high schools. And then I one day one bought a house and I was like, oh, we got to go celebrate, and I was like, yo, let me bring the other one. And now but I I say, I don't know why I did this. Didn't do this years ago because I don't believe in cross connect contaminating friends. But now I just go in a group chat, Hey, guys are coming to New York with and they all interact they all friends, and I'm like.
Speaker 2: That's great. I love that I did this for years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I always split my time. But now but that's that's the once in a blue moment that doesn't always.
Speaker 2: I want to like she met so when she came to she met some of my friends. I just don't know if she will class at all them. She's a very you know, distincts like she will blend with like everybody. But I did blend a good few people in Trinidad and it was good.
Speaker 1: Was she like that's my real friend and You're like, well, it's just you know, gradual.
Speaker 2: No, she's like very like like you know, like really that's my best friend, and like she don't. She don't like to share. She's very you know, like territorial. So I'll be like talking to my friend. She's like like watching, like why, like you're fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are people that I like them. My twins kind of like that where she like, this is my friend.
Speaker 2: I like that too, Like I'm not like that.
Speaker 1: I'm not like that. I am not like that. I have best friends in New York and y'all all know who you are, but I have no problem sharing you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. My thing is like if you just like like I'm not with her, but like in general, like if you have a friend group but it's like you feel like really left, and I'll be like, well, why you might not be included, you know, especially if you could be that's the only situation, but that's never happened, but like that's the only thing I could think of it. It's like I will feel the type of way I got to tell you this story. Let me hear it.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I took this girl from LA to New York.
Speaker 2: I'm already not loving this.
Speaker 1: Oh it in bad. Yeah, So I took the girls in New York. And I'm kind of a square bear, Like I don't really I don't like going to the club. I don't like drinks. I'm not a drinker, even though your song two shots works for me because two drinks is my absolute max exactly. Does only need like the second drink, You're I'm pretty much done, okay, but the first I'm feeling it, but secondary I could be done.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so this girl she meets my girlfriends and she thinks they're super cool. Right, but then I became the uncool person. Do you know this girl ended our friendship? I hope she doesn't see this friendship and wanted to be friends with my friends, and my friends still clown me to this day about it. They'd be like, hey, we're gonna bite such as us like y'all, but they clown me because they know it's fucked up. But they she thought they were cooler than me, and I felt some type of way because I was like, Damn, I brought you home. That's like if you I go to Trinidad with you, like your friends are cooler than you, you'd be like, damn I brought you. Could you imagine that? Feeling like you brought me home? Yeah, then I like your friends more than you.
Speaker 2: That it hurts me.
Speaker 1: I felt like, damn, I shouldn't show you. It actually made me feel like if you someone gets to know you and then they don't really.
Speaker 2: Like you, that's like it's so messed up.
Speaker 1: It was hard, but I know it was because I wasn't like a partying type, and she saw that I was really who I am because she knew. But yeah, yeah, she ended up like my friends more than me. And I was like, I'm never ever taking a girl back home with me. No, that's I would never I f you're like, oh, I want to go to New York and be like no.
Speaker 2: No, see, like I feel like to me, I've had something like that happened to me too, but not like point where they thought they were cooler to me because like no, they say it, but they showed it. Yeah, I didn't have that. It was more so like that they wanted to be me like I had it, where like they'll be on my friends and they would like spread lives about me to try and get people to tune against me, and then they would just start acting like yeah I've had that happened like twice.
Speaker 1: Oh no, Yeah, that's not good.
Speaker 2: It's very hard. I feel like it's super hard to make friends as a girl, like when you're pretty, Like it's hard.
Speaker 1: Well, me and my twin have this thing where like if you're pretty, then we have to be friends. Yeah, because like pretty people have to stick together exactly terrible. But now we're like, oh girl, are you beautiful? What's that not matter? Let's be friends.
Speaker 2: See that's what I need. Like my best friend is like because she's beautiful too, it's like you just jealous, Like why are you jealous? We can both be beautiful it's not a competition, you know. I don't get that.
Speaker 1: Because I feel like, hopefully you'll see more that in La. But you know, are you gonna plan to move to La because Miami is kind of a tricky spot for music. I would imagine.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely open to moving. It's just like, my father's in Florida, and like I'm very close to like my family, so it's like, dom, I don't want to be so far away from them.
Speaker 1: And what's your dad doing in Florida?
Speaker 2: He just does, Like here's a few businesses there, so he just the team. He would he would, but it's.
Speaker 1: Just like and your brother's still in Trinidad.
Speaker 2: No, he's in Florida too. No, he came tell the whole team.
Speaker 1: To move to La. I'll be honest. It's not that great, but you know for music, yeah, he was.
Speaker 2: We were talking about it yesterday. Definitely, like in talks about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because Florida's cool, but it's not.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of more people coming there from music, like as of recent but it's not the same, you know, it's not.
Speaker 1: No, but all right, well, how are you gonna do a little home for us?
Speaker 3: And no?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, sing it not really Yeah, just see the single too nosey for. I did a test with Neoh and Neo was like, let's see if you're tone deaf.
Speaker 2: Oh god, all.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm gonna tell you a little backstory about this episode. Okay, okay, I was secretly sick, but I it was during COVID, and you know when you're sick during COVID, everybody assumes you have COVID, and they gave me a date to shoot a NEO. Now, if you have common sense, you are not going to be like I have COVID, can we reschedule? Or I'm sick? Can we reschedule? So if Shawn never sees this, I was sucking on high methol cough drops during that whole taping. I'm not to sniffle. And then Neil was like, let's see if you're tone deaf. Bro I was sick. Okay, I was sick, sick.
Speaker 2: I mean, I need to see this.
Speaker 1: I'm like the whole time I was thinking about my like sickness, like trying to hide this sickness. I kept telling them like, oh, I think I have allergies. Because we recorded in his studio over there, like we flew in over there and his smoke alarm was going off the whole time. To this day, like people hate that episode because there's like a baby oh yeah, But the truth is I was more concerned about them finding out that I was sick. So he did do a test on whether I was tone deaf.
Speaker 2: How did you do?
Speaker 1: I was tone deaf? But I don't think it was a fair test because I was technically sick and I was trying so not to blow my cover. But just so you know, no one in the camp knows that I was secretly sick.
Speaker 2: So you had COOVID for sure.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't have COVID. I was just really sick. But you know, during that time, they you know, people was paranoid. So like gonna fly to Atlanta and be like even though I heard Atlanta was living in the streets the whole time. Really yeah, La was locked down. But yeah that's the true story. But yes, I am tone deaf, So no, I cannot sing.
Speaker 2: I feel like you can. I have a get old vibe, you know.
Speaker 1: No, but I'll go to like a songwriting workshop with you.
Speaker 2: It's fun. Yeah we should do that, but.
Speaker 1: I would be like you in the corner, like please stop talking.
Speaker 2: Yeah that you got like a small rumins like not a lot of people. Yeah, yeah you can do the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, sing it girl, give us the Trinidaddy and flavor.
Speaker 2: I'm screaming you couldn't follow you. I told so much show you. I'm trying to take my mind off everything you do.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm gonna be like your friend.
Speaker 2: Until we've each the vibe tonight. Yeah, I like my voice is little going too.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I love it. I love everything. How can everyone keep up with?
Speaker 2: Says well, my new song is coming up very soon and two Shots is available on all platforms. Make sure to check out two Shots you and just follow me on Instagram, says on the score on the school official and I have a link tree in there with all my social you can follow me all over there, and you know, stay tuned to my gene. It's gonna be fun.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a lot of fun. And you're gonna start trying different things and showcasing that. Yes, you need to.
Speaker 2: I have a bunch of training snocks, you know. I brought some to the link. You should try something.
Speaker 1: I saw you sampling some stuff on Neil and Neil didn't like the stuff that I knew. I was like, I was in like the banana sota, I was in like all of it good too much?
Speaker 2: Like it was good.
Speaker 1: He was being a serious I would have liked the banana soda.
Speaker 2: No, that's my favorite one love that. Everyone's in comments. Why would you give me an I'm like, I'm so sorry, it's so good, Like I'm so you've you have?
Speaker 1: Do you drink like the pineapple juice with the ginger beer?
Speaker 2: I don't know pineapple juice?
Speaker 1: What is the pineapple? Oh, we gotta go get some Jamaican.
Speaker 2: Pineapple juice with ginger beer?
Speaker 1: So good?
Speaker 2: Is it like in those glassball tools?
Speaker 1: No, you could just mix it?
Speaker 2: Oh, just no, I've never heard them.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're gonna put you on.
Speaker 2: I've never had ginger bed.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, we gotta put you off. We're gonna we're gonna do like a mix of the cultures. Yeah, okay, all right, guys, thank you so much for tuning into eating Wild broke. Please keep up, be says, I know you're gonna be dropping different singles teasing us. And that's it, guys, peace out, I see y'all.
Speaker 2: Bye bye
Speaker 1: For more, eating while broke from iHeart Radio and The Black Effect, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.